No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayubowen Yup, my language kick is never ending!

By the way, do you know that on your profile thingy it tells you your average number of posts per day? Pretty funky, no?

Replied to your message Sounds like you're working hard... I'm half jealous of all that money you must be earning but also it sucks, having to work all the time.

Yeah season 6 is my favourite. Or I'd list it as the most classic at least, for me. David wrote a darn good episode there! As much as I like Hollywood AD, The Un-Natural just stood out for me. I prefer All Things though. It's so beautifully filmed and that song... that song!! Yep it's near the end of season 7.... when the baby (my gosh I can't even remember the baby's name!) thing may or may not have begun....

The alk?? Hmm don't know how I missed that one, I've got the whole of season 3. Is it one that's got 2 different names? I hate it when there are little children involved in it and getting hurt. Speaking off, I watched the doll season 5 ep the other day too - really creeps me out!

Yeah I'd say he looked a lot different, I really didn't recognise him at first! His hair's longer and he's bigger built.... I'll show you the pics when we meet up LOL, when I say that he thought he was happy it came out wrong. What I meant was that what he thought to himself was 'ooh, this is good, I'm happy because she's hot' - sorry, phrased completely wrong!

Hmmmm't know how to start with what I got up to! In Sri Lanka for the 3 months I was working all week, teaching mentally disabled kids and looking after them in an orphanage. On a wednesday I'd go to one of my nearest towns and teach english to deaf/dumb women..... then on the weekends I got to go away with all the lovely friends I made out there To be perfectly honest, most weekends we visited just about every beach on the south and south west coasts, but that's because they were near us and it takes longer to travel inland than just jumping on a bus straight down the Galle Road, which goes from the capital city, all the way down to Galle, in the south west corner, stopping off where we were living and at every beach along the way! Had some fantastic times on those beaches, they were so so sooooo beautiful and choc full of aussie surfers. Plus, on the weekends the parties would go on all night, so we'd drink and dance on the sand under the stars in the heat.... and even sometimes take a bit of a swim if we were drunk enough

Then the last two weeks in Sri Lanka I travelled round the country with two of my friends out there, we went to the hill country and walked around there, up hills, to waterfalls, round tea estates.... then up to the ancient cities where we climbed up this huuuuuuge Ayers Rock type rock called Sigiriya, on top of which are the remains of an ancient royal palace, and we cycled round the ruins of the cities for a couple of days. It was stunning really

Thennnnn my final two weeks I took off with a friend I made out there, to Thailand, where we celebrated Thai New Year in Chiang Mai which was insanely fun and, urm, wet.... before heading down the Mekong river in Laos, seeing a lovely place called Luang Prabang which is full to the brim with amazingly gorgeous temples and views and food.... then to Vang Vieng which is full to the brim with Opium Dens which was, interesting.... one of the days we were there we went 'tubing' down the river on the inner tubes of lorry tyres, just floating in the most amazing surroundings and fantastic heat, stopping off occasionally to explore cave temples which was damn scary actually because those caves were BIG and full of spiders! Hmmm then went to the capital of Laos, then back to Bangkok to shop for a couple of days

Right, that's it in a nutshell then, I want to show you with the pictures though!!! They add so much to it I'm also getting a strange feeling of deja vu, so sorry if I've told you any of that before!

Time for me to be quiet and leave now I think.....

((((((((((((((((huggles)))))))))))))))
    Sat

Comment

Originally posted by gpguk
      Im hoping that it will be more dd and GA and less doggett and rayes, but it is ment to be a story that people who have never seen it before can go in and watch and understand, and with cancerman dead (or is he cause no one is really dead in the world of the x-files) he needs a decent bad guy!!also some shippy stuff to!!!!!!!
      That is what I am hoping for too. I really don't want Doggett and Reyes in it to be honest. Well if they have to be in it then they can have like 5 minutes worth of screen time and that is it . But if they are picking up from where they left off at the end of season 9 then they probably will be having them back! I don't know about cancer man...it seemed like he was pretty much dead in ‘the truth’ as he got burnt to death! But you never know!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
        Well, the three parter of X-files was on last night on TNT from 1-4 in the morning...and yes I was up for 2.5 of the episodes, and it was the Anasazi ones...x-files at its prime.

Did anyone ever watch Earth 2? I loved that show--hopefully It'll come out on DVD some time, but I doubt it.

speaking of the x-files, what ever hapenned to the ship off the coast of Africa? Did they just leave it there? And what are everyone's opinion of the show turning more and more religious as the show progressed?

Phil
        Here in the UK there are various channels showing different XF seasons....I hardly get to watch them but it is cool when I can!

I have no idea what happened with that ship...something had to of happened though. It is in clear view so anyone can see it! I am sure someone would have taken pictures!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
          That is what I am hoping for too. I really don't want Doggett and Reyes in it to be honest. Well if they have to be in it then they can have like 5 minutes worth of screen time and that is it . But if they are picking up from where they left off at the end of season 9 then they probably will be having them back! I don't know about cancer man...it seemed like he was pretty much dead in ‘the truth’ as he got burnt to death! But you never know!

~Tracey~

Cancer man survived the fall down the stairs in "Requiem" and he was pretty ill there already ...so I would not be surprised if he survived his burns...maybe they 'll have him come back with a new face and new body..

Do you remember in "En ami" the episode where he asks Scully to go with him and they meet that woman who was 117 years old and she looked like she was 65 years old..Well may be he got a cure for all illnesses like he really said and he'll be back...just not looking like Mulder I hope .

But I doubt it ..I heard that Skinner may be back and just Mulder and Scully..I did not hear about Doggett and Reyes ..and they should not be in the movie 2 cuz most people didn't like them to take over the show and they are not known from the casual viewers....
          if you mention the x-files to somebdy in the street, everybody is gonna say "Mulder and Scully" ....Also Catatonia did a song for the x-files called "Mulder & Scully" ...They are a very famous couple ...and it was said that they were the most romantic couple on the little screen at one time

Oh ..and I think the best season is seaon 3 ...Anasazi is brilliant .
          I really miss Scully and Mulder of the early seasons....

I really liked it when they became a couple ..but we really didn't see enough between them ..because Mulder was gone....and all we got was crying Scully..which was a bit much ..
          I know she had a hard time ...and Mulder and Scully's life was far from beeing a dream comes true...but blind me ...that was really sad ..when he had to go and leave her by herself with baby William ..without forgetting that she gave birth in the middle of nowhere ..with Aliens watching her delivering her baby ....then we have her baby abducted because he is special .....and at the end ...given up for adoption.....before Mulder comes back...and then .....she has to tell him all that in a dark jail cell ..where he is just about to be killed by lethal injection.....Call it dramatic ... the scenario behind it.... is interesting ....but they made Scully too much of a crying woman...I know she was in love ...and she was alone with her baby....but really they should have asked Duchovny for some cameo appearances..and insist that it was his show .

I liked "Existence" and "Providence" and the religious aspect of the show ..but the x-files has always been religion orientated right from the beginning.....Lots of episodes are religion centered...a lot actually...and it's very interesting.

Ok I may come back if I have anyting else to say

MULDER & SCULLY TOGETHER FOREVER
          SAM & JACK TOGETHER FOREVER

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Satori
            Ayubowen Yup, my language kick is never ending!
            *Giggles* I can see. So what language was that then?

Yeah, I noticed the post thingy on your profile. It is actually cool, nice to know how many posts a day you post (and it is nice to know how many posts a day other people post too).

I know, I saw and I replied back . I am actually; I have to work tomorrow (have to work 2 Saturday's in a month...guess it is not so bad). Yeah the money side is the best part. I am half jealous of you having loads of free time actually!

Yeah I remember you saying that season 6 was the first season you ever watched so I can see why it is your favourite one! I do love season 6, it is why I brought the video box set . It is indeed; Gillian did a great job in that episode. LOL 'the baby'.... don’t worry, at least you can forget it, it is a good thing . I believe his name is William! See, why can't I forget it?

The alk??
            Well that is the name an episode guide give it anyway. The channel I watched it on didn't give the name of it so I had to look it up. It is the one where that man who is a multiple amputee (got no arms or legs) starts to kill some of the military officers. He kills one mans son and wife and lets him live without them...that way it is more cruel and hurtful!
            Ooohh is that the on where Scully is on holiday in Maine (what a place to go on holiday!!!!) and she helps the little girl with the doll! Yeah that one is so freaky. Didn’t Stephen King write it?

Wow! So not looking like Doggett at all then? *Yay* that would be cool...I can't wait until we meet . Hehe that is ok! I did kind of think that it came out wrong . But still, he is a strange guy .

Ok then so *yay* you have finally told me what you did but now I have no idea how to reply back to it all (I will probably reply more better tomorrow...although I may do it today ).

I can't believe you did all of that...it sounds so amazing. What you did, helped the disabled kids, it must have been very life changing! You did so much work, I bet you are so proud (and you parents too ). Cool...it is good that you had a lot of friends to go out with, it is always great making new friends and meeting loads of new people (even though it can be scary too)! Beaches? *is not jealous at all *. I can't believe you got to do all of that, have parties on the sand at night (and getting drunk... )...it sounds so amazing, like a totally different world...would have been fun to be at one of the parties .

You got to travel around ancient cities and just basically have a great adventure. Btw was the weather really, REALLY hot (well I am gathering it was ...I am not sure I would be able to handle that much heat)? When I was little I always dreamed of going on a grand adventure . I bet the places must have been so beautiful!

Ooohh you got to celebrate the Thai new year . And caves and spiders *shudders*...you are brave; don't think I could have done that!

Well hun, it just sounded so great, thank you for sharing . I am glad you had such a wonderful time out there. I bet it all seems like a dream now!

Right, I am off to bed now...it may not be that late (hey I am not sad ) but I need my sleep...stupid work!

(((((((((huggles))))))))))

~Tracey~
            Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 21 May 2004, 01:33 PM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Caty.

I will reply to your post tomorrow...I need sleep .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Caty.

I will reply to your post tomorrow...I need sleep .

~Tracey~

You are not the only one who works at the week end ..I'm tutoring too tomorrow ..French tutor...in the comfort of my home though ..so I suppose it's different

See you tomorrow ......BONNE NUIT.

Caty

Comment

Will reply to everything else tomorrow but before I forget, that season 3 episode is called 'The Walk' not 'The Alk'..... episode guide typo, lol!
                  Sat

Comment

Will reply to everything else tomorrow but before I forget, that season 3 episode is called 'The Walk' not 'The Alk'..... episode guide typo, lol!

Yes ..I thought they were something wrong with the title ..I couldn't remember "the alk"...no wonder why ...but I do remember "the walk"

Caty

Comment

ROTFL I knew 'the alk' wasn't right! But I have a hard time remembering a lot of the episode names so I just believed the episode guide (will never do that again ).

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        You are not the only one who works at the week end ..I'm tutoring too tomorrow ..French tutor...in the comfort of my home though ..so I suppose it's different

See you tomorrow ......BONNE NUIT.

Caty
                        Hehe I know I am not . But I had to go at that time because sometimes it is hard for me to get to sleep (I didn't last night until 12am) especially on a Friday as I am so used to going to bed verrryyy late. LOL well yep, a bit different .

Ok so I am saying it again but I will reply to that other post soon. I just got home and now I need some dinner. I will definitely try to reply today but if it is not by 9pm then it won't be till tomorrow because I have a party to go too .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Hehe I know I am not . But I had to go at that time because sometimes it is hard for me to get to sleep (I didn't last night until 12am) especially on a Friday as I am so used to going to bed verrryyy late. LOL well yep, a bit different .

Ok so I am saying it again but I will reply to that other post soon. I just got home and now I need some dinner. I will definitely try to reply today but if it is not by 9pm then it won't be till tomorrow because I have a party to go too .

~Tracey~

Well have a nice party then ....I'll lurk around the Sam &jack shipper thread where I posted some cool pics of What we could expect form Sam AND Jack in season 8....hot ones ....and I want it all

I should be starting on a Mulder and Scully video soon but people keep e-mailing me with some Sam and Jack requests ..I may have to put them on hold for a while .....but it's hard ..cuz it's the show of the moment

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Ok so Caty, now I can finally reply to your post *yay* .

Ah yes and the fall down the stairs was pretty bad and he survived. I hated how he looked there...the little hole in his neck so he could smoke (because of course he needs to smoke still even though it has pretty much damaged him already) . A new face and body...well you never know in XF land!

Oh yes I remember that episode or as guys may remember it 'the one where Scully wore that revealing black dress '. That could be a good way to bring him back...although if they did bring cancer man back it would be better that the original actor play him else it might not be the same.

Oh Skinner has to come back...it wouldn't be the same without him in it. Well I could live with it but he is a big part of XF too! Well at first I heard that Doggett and Reyes would be in it and then I heard they wouldn’t...guess we just have to wait to find out!
                            Yep, they are a very famous couple, maybe the most famous in tv, well except for Rachel and Ross form Friends maybe .

Yeah, season 3 is a great season...I loved 'the pusher' and 'anasazi' too! It is actually hard to say a favourite. It is like Stargate, I love all seasons and it is just too hard to pick a favourite one!

I miss the Mulder and Scully of early seasons too. The banter between them, the closeness that formed with them so quick after they met! I loved it when they became a couple (well we are shippers aren't we ) but even though that was great I still missed how they used to be! And yes, I don't think we got to see them together as a couple enough (maybe the movie will show more)...all we had was weepy Scully. Didn't Gillian say she was getting a bit tired of crying all the time?

I don't know how she kept so sane in some episodes knowing that Mulder was in hiding because people are after him and that people are after her baby because it may or may not be alien (they story was very strange though).

MULDER & SCULLY TOGETHER FOREVER
                            SAM & JACK TOGETHER FOREVER
                            Indeed . And 'hell yeah' for Sam and Jack .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Well have a nice party then ....I'll lurk around the Sam &jack shipper thread where I posted some cool pics of What we could expect form Sam AND Jack in season 8....hot ones ....and I want it all

I should be starting on a Mulder and Scully video soon but people keep e-mailing me with some Sam and Jack requests ..I may have to put them on hold for a while .....but it's hard ..cuz it's the show of the moment

Caty aka ShipDiva
                              Thank you . I need to lurk around the shipper thread too and read if anyone is starting to have heart attacks knowing that DD will be in 'Affinity' ! Hot pics of what we can expect of Sam and Jack in season 8? Oh I will so be over there in a moment .

LOL I bet people do but it is because you make good Sam and Jack videos and people need to see some shippiness because of the crummy spoilers! Didn't you want to do some Shania ones for Sam and Jack? 'Cos I remember saying that 'forever and for always' would be good (could be good for Mulder and Scully too ).

~Tracey~
                              Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 22 May 2004, 11:35 AM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Thank you . I need to lurk around the shipper thread too and read if anyone is starting to have heart attacks knowing that DD will be in 'Affinity' ! Hot pics of what we can expect of Sam and Jack in season 8? Oh I will so be over there in a moment .

LOL I bet people do but it is because you make good Sam and Jack videos and people need to see some shippiness because of the crummy spoilers! Didn't you want to do some Shania ones for Sam and Jack? 'Cos I remember saying that 'forever and for always' would be good (could be good for Mulder and Scully too ).

~Tracey~

yes ..I already did "forever and always" for another couple and I said I 'll do it but I needed a break from the song ..cuz you know ..when you make a video ..you have to listen to the song so many times that by the end of it ..when I finish with the title " video by caty" I had enough of it ..Still after it's done , I need to produce it and watch it to make sure it's not corrupted or anything ..but I really do enjoy watching the first finale product ..then I have to compress it and listen to it again ....then I have to upload twice in 2 differents sites and watch them again ...then I post it in the forum and to make sure it's all linked properly ..I watch it a last time .*sigh* After that relief and I do something else .

I should not worry about Pete and DD .He is only coming back because of work but he won't be with Sam at the end of season 8..
                                You know ,I just posted a pic of AT and RDA kissing off screen..(at the infirmary still with their sg1 outfits on) in the Sam and Jack shipper thread and for me if they do that off screen it's to send a message to the shippers ..that they are meant to be together ..I mean Sam and Jack ...and they aren't gonna ruin it for the sake of it ...

SAM AND JACK TOGETHER FOREVER HOLDING HANDS AND KISSING at the end of season 8.

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X