X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.C.
    Speaking of characters, I thought Agent Reyes was awesome in Season Eight. One of my favourite recurring X-Files character, but when they made her a character in Season Nine I don't know what went wrong. She wasn't as good as she was in the rest of the episodes she was in. I don't think they developed the character interaction between Doggett and Reyes enough. It probably didn't help that they made Scully pretty much a recurring character.
    I think the whole 'Scully is pregnant' thing was a bit silly anyway. I mean, how could it have been Mulders when she was supposedly meant to be barren! Although I was happy for her in a way because she had always wanted a child...but then, in season 9 she had to give him away!

I went into season 8 not expecting much because I knew Mulder wasn't going to be in it! The new characters were ok and I did like Reyes, she was like a mix of Mulder and Scully in one . But then season 9 came and I just pretty much hated most things in it!

Btw, I liked triangle too. I loved it when Scully went to ask Skinner to help her, then Kersh and then Spender . And the punch Scully (or whoever she was meant to be in that time) gave Mulder .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
      No I hadn't either, but all the trains from our station to well, anywhere, were buses. There are no trains at all at the weekends. It actually didn't take very long though so that was good
      It always seems to take longer to get to from one bit of Brum to another than to a different place entirely...it's very strange!
      Really? So you had to go on a bus? I am glad it didn't take that long for you. You know, we were just talking about how you had not been on a bus in so long and this weekend you did . My bus journey took 30 minutes...so not that bad this time .
      Tell me about it, but then, Brum is a strange place .

So did you have a nice time up there with your best friend or did the rain make it less enjoyable? I take it you didn't come to BHS (I was suck on tables again so maybe that was a good thing )? I missed you even though I knew you probably wouldn't be in . We definitely have to meet up again soon .

Ooh! Well there you go, it obviously doesn't matter then!
      *Giggles* exactly. I think the paper was on Henry VIII and parliament...I don't know how I got a B on the one!

Yup indeedy It's also kind of strange 'cos we haven't done it for ages!
      I know...that last time was with Loopy I think and that was so long ago! I remember having that big discussion when season 9 aired on BBC2 and we all gave in-depth reviews (Sat especially ). Well we did talk a little about XF in the last thread on Delphi, Langley cutting off his hair and making a wig for Frohike <VBG>.

Speaking of Sat, where is she? I miss her! I think she is lost...we may need Mulder and Scully on the case to find out where she is .

(((((huggles))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I thought the huge story arc in Season Eight about finding Mulder was awesome. Especially when they found him.

Comment

thelittlesis: I haven't seen much of Season Nine, but what I saw was pretty bad. Especially the clip show series finale.
          Yep The Unnatural is the DD baseball one. That's what I like about Bad Blood too, I love it when things have multiple perspectives(I guess that's why I liked Boomtown too).

Another of my faves is Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, quite dark I thought but it didn't stop it from being funny either.

I wish I hadn't seen much of season 9 either, by the time it was shown I was already kind of tired with XF anyway so I guess I really watched it out of, well, just wanting to see how they'd end it. There were some good ideas but I don't think they pulled them off at all, and the whole supersoldier thing, bleh, never a fan of that storyline. Plus you have Jim from Neighbours in there with a really dodgy accent, and basically all Scully did that season was worry about her baby.....

And they killed the Lone Gunmen Wah!

Sorry for the rant but they should have ended it way sooner than they did.

Sis
          Last edited by thelittlesis; 10 May 2004, 01:54 AM. Reason: to move stuff around

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
            Really? So you had to go on a bus? I am glad it didn't take that long for you. You know, we were just talking about how you had not been on a bus in so long and this weekend you did . My bus journey took 30 minutes...so not that bad this time .
            Well technically it was a coach, so kind of different You know, my bus journey took about that long too...weird huh?

So did you have a nice time up there with your best friend or did the rain make it less enjoyable?
            I did have a very nice time...we had cookies! And we went to see Van Helsing which was ok but nothing special, very CGI heavy & some dodgy accents, but then I wasn't expecting a lot anyway! So no the rain didn't bother us one bit.... I still have to go buy those shoes though, didn't really have time on saturday. Oh & no, no BHS. We ate at Eat!

I know...that last time was with Loopy I think and that was so long ago! I remember having that big discussion when season 9 aired on BBC2 and we all gave in-depth reviews (Sat especially )
            And that must have been the very first thread too, 'cos I was still using AIM then...I remember talking to Sat while she was watching an ep & she was telling me what was going on.
            You know i'm not sure our recent Lone Gunmen, er, discussion, really counts *giggles*

...we may need Mulder and Scully on the case to find out where she is .
            Hehe I think we just may....

(((((huggles))))))

Sis

Comment

Hello all

was looking around and i found this post, how kewl!!!loads of x-filers!!!!!!!!

Im a major major x-file fan and have been since the beginning (i even liked some of season 8 & 9, although the lack of dd was a horrible horrible thing and should not have been allowed!)

my fav eppys are Tooms and Arcadia and im sure if i see any mentions of other episodes then i like them to!!

fav charcters (apart from M&S) a The Lone Gunmen, Gibson Praise and Krychek (rat boy)

well hope all are well and having fabby days, im off to look around!
              Gillian x x x x

Yeah Sure You Betcha

Comment

I think the whole 'Scully is pregnant' thing was a bit silly anyway. I mean, how could it have been Mulders when she was supposedly meant to be barren! Although I was happy for her in a way because she had always wanted a child...but then, in season 9 she had to give him away!

I went into season 8 not expecting much because I knew Mulder wasn't going to be in it! The new characters were ok and I did like Reyes, she was like a mix of Mulder and Scully in one . But then season 9 came and I just pretty much hated most things in it!

Btw, I liked triangle too. I loved it when Scully went to ask Skinner to help her, then Kersh and then Spender . And the punch Scully (or whoever she was meant to be in that time) gave Mulder .

~Tracey~

I have heard that David Duchovny thought the baby idea was wrong therefore he wanted to get rid of the plotline in "William" for the future movie .I do realize that Scully wanted a child for a long time but they didn't have to make it a story arc ...She actually gave birth amongst aliens watching her delivering her baby.
                Mulder and Scully could have had a child after the movie 2 .Now they are on the run without child ...I wonder if they will even see William again.!!!!

I hope they are or they 'll be sad all their life .."The truth "was pretty sad ...and I don't think Mulder and Scully will be laughing much in movie 2.

Which is a shame cuz I really liked it when they joked with each other.

Caty

Comment

I thought the huge story arc in Season Eight about finding Mulder was awesome. Especially when they found him.
                  I thought it was good how they did it. I did like 'deadalive' ooohh and the one before that 'this is not happening'. Gillian Anderson was good at doing the grieving stuff. But part of way I didn't like season 8 was as I said before, because Mulder wasn't in it much! I missed the Mulder/Scully interaction a lot in most episodes!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by gpguk
                    Hello all

Im a major major x-file fan and have been since the beginning (i even liked some of season 8 & 9, although the lack of dd was a horrible horrible thing and should not have been allowed!)

my fav eppys are Tooms and Arcadia and im sure if i see any mentions of other episodes then i like them to!!

fav charcters (apart from M&S) a The Lone Gunmen, Gibson Praise and Krychek (rat boy)

Oh Yeah Acadia .....Watching Mulder and Scully playing married couple was hilarious....The scene where he invites her to sleep next to him and she has her green face mask on...and she complains about the toilet seat and the tube of toothpaste.

I like tooms ..and the sequel to that one..... really creepy .

What about the black and white episode..??? with Cher singing in it ..the post modern prometheus !!!!...always get the title wrong on that one ??

Caty

Comment

Well technically it was a coach, so kind of different You know, my bus journey took about that long too...weird huh?
                      Ah yes...they always have coaches when there are no trains don't they! They actually did today for trains from Redditch to Brum (the reason I know that is because my Nan happened to be visiting us today and she is from Redditch). Trains in general are just crap. Oh look at me, back on the train rant . Really? I can't believe my journey takes the same time as yours and I actually live in Brum!

I did have a very nice time...we had cookies!
                      Glad you had a good time . *Giggles* well cookies are good . Ooohh Van Helsing....my friend wants to see that. So it is okish then...well maybe I will go with her, maybe . So still haven't brought those wedges yet then? Well when you do I want to see them . Good you ate at Eat, never eat at bhs (not because I work there now, just because I don't like the food ).

And that must have been the very first thread too, 'cos I was still using AIM then...I remember talking to Sat while she was watching an ep & she was telling me what was going on.
                      I think it was...god it must have been over a year ago! I can't believe it was that long ago! *Giggles* and I remember you always telling me you had missed bits because you had gotten distracted by your fairy lights in your bedroom *giggles*.

You know i'm not sure our recent Lone Gunmen, er, discussion, really counts *giggles*
                      Hm, I guess you are right *giggles*. But it was a fun discussion, and I still think that if we have a Lone Gunman party again, that we should cut his hair off .

(((((huggles))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I thought it was good how they did it. I did like 'deadalive' ooohh and the one before that 'this is not happening'. Gillian Anderson was good at doing the grieving stuff. But part of way I didn't like season 8 was as I said before, because Mulder wasn't in it much! I missed the Mulder/Scully interaction a lot in most episodes!

~Tracey~
                        In season 8 for the mulder and Scully episode , I liked Within, without , Per manum cuz Mulder was in it , The gift

THE OTHER episodes I liked was This is not happening , deadalive,and then the truth I think ..may be I'm missing some butI don't think so .

For the Reyes and Doggett episodes I liked Audrey Pauley, 4D, The episode where Doggett has Amnesia in Mexico.

I wished they would have just done a spin off of x-files with Reyes and Doggett and not let Doggett interfere in Scully 's life ..or They should have had Scully go with Mulder from the very beginning of season 8.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by gpguk
                          Hello all

Hello there and welcome .

Nice to see another X files fan in here, the more the merrier .

So you hated the lack Of DD then, me too . Like I said in a previous post, I missed the Mulder/Scully interaction. It just wasn't the same without the 2 of them together!

I liked Arcadia too, Mulder and Scully pretending to be married was priceless . One of my all time favourites is 'how the ghosts stole Christmas'. It is just so funny .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            I have heard that David Duchovny thought the baby idea was wrong therefore he wanted to get rid of the plotline in "William" for the future movie .I do realize that Scully wanted a child for a long time but they didn't have to make it a story arc ...She actually gave birth amongst aliens watching her delivering her baby.
                            Mulder and Scully could have had a child after the movie 2 .Now they are on the run without child ...I wonder if they will even see William again.!!!!

I hope they are or they 'll be sad all their life .."The truth "was pretty sad ...and I don't think Mulder and Scully will be laughing much in movie 2.

Which is a shame cuz I really liked it when they joked with each other.

Caty
                            Really? That is very interesting! I totally agree with him there, I didn't think the baby thing was a good idea, well not to make it be a big part of season 8 and 9 anyway!
                            That is a good idea, having a child after movie 2 maybe would have been better. But now they have a child that is now adopted and they may never see him again .

Well they are on the run, Mulder was sentenced to death and they have no baby, I guess they may be very sad.

yeah me too. That is what I loved, the banter between them. It always made me laugh .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              In season 8 for the mulder and Scully episode , I liked Within, without , Per manum cuz Mulder was in it , The gift

THE OTHER episodes I liked was This is not happening , deadalive,and then the truth I think ..may be I'm missing some butI don't think so .

For the Reyes and Doggett episodes I liked Audrey Pauley, 4D, The episode where Doggett has Amnesia in Mexico.

I wished they would have just done a spin off of x-files with Reyes and Doggett and not let Doggett interfere in Scully 's life ..or They should have had Scully go with Mulder from the very beginning of season 8.

Caty
                              You are a fast at typing aren't you! I haven’t even been over to the shipper thread yet. I see we are on the second one already *woo hoo*...will have to pop over there in a minute .

Yeah 'within' and 'without' were good ones. I also did like the last episode of season 8 'essence' was it? It was cute with them at the end (that is the only reason why I liked it ) looking like a family (even if the baby idea was silly ).

Oh 'Audrey Pauley' was one of only a few episodes I actually did like in season 9 . I really felt sorry for Audrey at the end!

I didn't like Doggett at the start because it seemed like he wanted to be Mulder (well I kind of thought so anyway) but then he got a lot better. It was sweet that he just wanted to look out for Scully.

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

::satori tries to skulk in the back door, X style::

Hey hey hey

Sooooo sorry it's taken me this long to get off my butt to actually register on this new forum, had a lot of stuff on trying to get back into life here. But I'm starting to settle again..... kind of.... I guess......

Watched 2 X Files today which helped!

Anyways I'm afraid it's actually past 1am at the moment and thus I don't have all that much time to write but I really will write to you guys at some point and tell you all about everything. And also, getting a little jealous of all this meeting up that seems to be going on! (joking kind of - it's great for you guys of course!) So I was thinking that sometime soon I might have to get on a train to your neck of the woods....

Just a couple of things for your information though;

a) Met a guy in Laos who looks exactly like Krycek..... and you know how much I like that guy

b) Off to London Expo on saturday and they've just announced that Robert Patrick's going to be there!!! Arrrrrrgh! Could be worse though, it could be Reyes.

Oh I missed you guys! Hope you're doing ok and it's cool to see some new people here, actually talking about The X Files. I find myself a little lost for words all of a sudden!

((((((((((((((((((((((huggles)))))))))))))))))))))))

Sat

p.s. when was the last time you saw the elusive Loopy??

p.p.s. Really not used to this type of forum so hope I've done everything right....!
                                Sat

Comment

Working...
                                X