X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.C.
    Favourite episode would either be Detour or Patient X/The Red and the Black two parter. I also like that two parter on the train in Season Three. Season Three would probably be my favourite season. I don't really like Robin Williams. His serious stuff is almost as bad as his comedy stuff.
    Detour is the one with the mothmen right? After all those seasons & many ep titles my brain gets a bit frazzled trying to remember which is which!

I do remember Patient X though, not so keen on it...I much prefer the really early mythology type ones like Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paperclip, when it wasn't all that complicated.

Robin Williams is ok, although i'm now trying to remember if I have actually seen him in something I liked . It would be interesting if he was in XF2, but i'm not sure that's a good thing or a bad thing really....

Ta for the links!

Sis

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
      Aww thanks hun! Hopefully the journey won't be too stressful either(the trains are buses on a saturday at the moment).
      well of course I would only wish you the best time in Brum . Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I haven't been up on a Saturday in a while (will tomorrow though )...I hope the buses and trains are working properly. But I am on the bus every day at times when there is always bad traffic and so it takes ages to get into town .

Over cooked lobster?!! *giggles*
      Hehe, yes really . My skin goes bright red under very hot heat!

Ok that's a nice way of saying i'm picky but it's not like I don't admit it!
      Hm, I didn't mean too .
      I did indeed misspell my name in an exam . LOL yeah it is not and the paper that I did it on, I got a B . It was our favourite subject too, history .

(((((huggles))))))

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

(and the fact that we haven't talked about XF in a looooong long time in here)
        *Giggles* I just had to post a reply to that . That is sooooo true. It is good that someone is actually talking about XF .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Heh, I hope I'm not breaking some unwritten rule of not talking about The X-Files in The X-Files thread.

thelittlesis: Yeah, Detour is the mothman episode. I also like that Field Trip episode in Season Six when they're investigating the skeletons of two backbackers.

Comment

I absolutely loved the x-files ....season 1 to 7 ..with a few episodes in season 8 and 9.

Mulder and Scully were 2 great FBI investigators ..and what a chemistry there too...The x-files was sometimes funny , sometimes sad ,sometimes horrific ...the story arc was absoultley brilliant with Mulder , his abducted siter and his dad (Government conspiracy)..and Scully with her cancer since her abduction .

Space 1999 was my first series I got hooked (I was a teeny weeny girl)..but X-files in recent years got me hooked big time .Can't wait for the movie 2.

Wonder if they are still on the run by the way since "The truth"
            Wonder how long they stayed in that motel room?

MULDER AND SCULLY FOREVER TOGETHER

This was a really cool show .

Caty.

Comment

Heh, I hope I'm not breaking some unwritten rule of not talking about The X-Files in The X-Files thread.
              *Giggles* nope you are not. No rule broken . In our first thread back on Delphi we talked a lot about XF and then Sis, Sat (who originally started the XF thread) and I started to talk more (about anything and everything) and became very close. The XF thread was kind of like our home . By the second thread we decided to call it X files but mainly everything else because that’s what we do and we were the only ones in the thread . But like we said, talk about XF . Sis and I will just go very off topic a lot of the time .

Btw, I liked Field trip as well. That was the one with all that yellow goo? It was very cool...loved how they thought it was real but it was not .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                I absolutely loved the x-files ....season 1 to 7 ..with a few episodes in season 8 and 9.

Mulder and Scully were 2 great FBI investigators ..and what a chemistry there too...The x-files was sometimes funny , sometimes sad ,sometimes horrific ...the story arc was absoultley brilliant with Mulder , his abducted siter and his dad (Government conspiracy)..and Scully with her cancer since her abduction .

Space 1999 was my first series I got hooked (I was a teeny weeny girl)..but X-files in recent years got me hooked big time .Can't wait for the movie 2.

Wonder if they are still on the run by the way since "The truth"
                Wonder how long they stayed in that motel room?

MULDER AND SCULLY FOREVER TOGETHER

This was a really cool show .

Caty.
                Hey Caty .

Nice to see you in here .

You are so like me . I loved seasons 1-7 and only a few in season 8 and 9 . For the most part season 8 and 9 sucked (back in our old XF thread we had mini muffins to cheer us up because they were not the best seasons) quite a lot. I think it was mostly because Mulder was not in it so much!

They were indeed 2 great FBI investigators...one of the best . And yep, they had so much chemistry together. Even the touch of the hand got you all in gooesbumps (well it did me ). They were my first shippy pairing (now it is Sam and Jack of course ).

The X files was the first series I ever got hooked on...after watching the first season (I was only 9 I think) I really loved it! I love the dark episodes and the funny ones were great too . And I can't wait for the movie too (only if it is a good script though)...I want to know what is happening to them now that they are basically fugitives on the run!

Hehe...yep...together forever (now if only it would happen for our favourite Stargate couple ) .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                  Hey Caty .

Nice to see you in here .

You are so like me . I loved seasons 1-7 and only a few in season 8 and 9 . For the most part season 8 and 9 sucked (back in our old XF thread we had mini muffins to cheer us up because they were not the best seasons) quite a lot. I think it was mostly because Mulder was not in it so much!

They were indeed 2 great FBI investigators...one of the best . And yep, they had so much chemistry together. Even the touch of the hand got you all in gooesbumps (well it did me ). They were my first shippy pairing (now it is Sam and Jack of course ).

The X files was the first series I ever got hooked on...after watching the first season (I was only 9 I think) I really loved it! I love the dark episodes and the funny ones were great too . And I can't wait for the movie too (only if it is a good script though)...I want to know what is happening to them now that they are basically fugitives on the run!

Hehe...yep...together forever (now if only it would happen for our favourite Stargate couple ) .

~Tracey~

I think we stand more chance of Sam and Jack getting really hot than Mulder and Scully was ..even the hot kiss in the truth was shot in a dark jail cell away from the light so that we couln't see anything . And the end was nice , cuddling in bed together but we could've had another kiss ..blind me ...I think Stargate is more overt on the romance than the x-files .....like and Sam in the POTATOE episode and after watching it you know that they(TPTB) can really give some RST...with the right guy.
                  I don't think TPTB will do an ending a la x-files for Sam and Jack cuz I don't think they will finish the show on a Sam and Jack scene but a team scene...therefore they can afford to give us a little more than Mulder and Scully at the end of the truth.

I really do think that RDA is keeping a special scene between his Jack character and Sam..... You know I think this is why he plays a non- smiling character at the moment so that he can surprise everybody with his smile at the end when he is with Sam , retired and happy.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Yeah, Field Trip was awesome.

I didn't like how the made Mulder the father of Scully's kid. You can have a pay off to the chemestry, but I think this is to far. (Maybe because I'm a guy) I think they pretty much ruined the character interaction.

Speaking of characters, I thought Agent Reyes was awesome in Season Eight. One of my favourite recurring X-Files character, but when they made her a character in Season Nine I don't know what went wrong. She wasn't as good as she was in the rest of the episodes she was in. I don't think they developed the character interaction between Doggett and Reyes enough. It probably didn't help that they made Scully pretty much a recurring character.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I haven't been up on a Saturday in a while (will tomorrow though )...I hope the buses and trains are working properly. But I am on the bus every day at times when there is always bad traffic and so it takes ages to get into town .
                      No I hadn't either, but all the trains from our station to well, anywhere, were buses. There are no trains at all at the weekends. It actually didn't take very long though so that was good
                      It always seems to take longer to get to from one bit of Brum to another than to a different place entirely...it's very strange!

LOL yeah it is not and the paper that I did it on, I got a B . It was our favourite subject too, history .
                      Ooh! Well there you go, it obviously doesn't matter then!

*Giggles* I just had to post a reply to that . That is sooooo true. It is good that someone is actually talking about XF
                      Yup indeedy It's also kind of strange 'cos we haven't done it for ages!

(((((huggles))))))

Sis
                      Last edited by thelittlesis; 09 May 2004, 03:05 AM. Reason: Because I wanted to

Comment

LOL It does seem like that doesn't it . I suppose we got so used to moaning about season 9 in the first thread that we just talked about everything else & that's the way it stayed!

Ooh yeah, Field Trip's a fun ep. I also really liked The Unnatural from around then too.

Sis

Comment

LOL It does seem like that doesn't it . I suppose we got so used to moaning about season 9 in the first thread that we just talked about everything else & that's the way it stayed!

Ooh yeah, Field Trip's a fun ep. I also really liked The Unnatural from around then too.

Sis

Hey ....what about the episode "Bad blood" . funny ..I love it

And "How the ghosts stole Christmas"...

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Hey ....what about the episode "Bad blood" . funny ..I love it

And "How the ghosts stole Christmas"...
                            Oh oh oh! Bad Blood is one of my fave eps! So funny, I love snarky Mulder & Scully, and the guy who wants to be a vampire really is a vampire just a very bad one *giggles*

The comedy eps always seemed to hit the mark.

Sis

Comment

The Unnatural... that's the baseball one that David Duchovny wrote wasn't it? Bad Bloods a funny episode. I like how you see the story unfold through both agents perspective. It's also funny how the truth is a combination of the two. I like it how they're trying to get a definitive story put together before they go to Skinner. That ghost episode was awesome as well. I also liked Triangle, that one with that Cruise Liner from the past in the Bermuda Triangle.

thelittlesis: I haven't seen much of Season Nine, but what I saw was pretty bad. Especially the clip show series finale.

Comment

I think we stand more chance of Sam and Jack getting really hot than Mulder and Scully was ..even the hot kiss in the truth was shot in a dark jail cell away from the light so that we couln't see anything . And the end was nice , cuddling in bed together but we could've had another kiss ..blind me ...I think Stargate is more overt on the romance than the x-files .....like and Sam in the POTATOE episode and after watching it you know that they(TPTB) can really give some RST...with the right guy.
                                I don't think TPTB will do an ending a la x-files for Sam and Jack cuz I don't think they will finish the show on a Sam and Jack scene but a team scene...therefore they can afford to give us a little more than Mulder and Scully at the end of the truth.

I really do think that RDA is keeping a special scene between his Jack character and Sam..... You know I think this is why he plays a non- smiling character at the moment so that he can surprise everybody with his smile at the end when he is with Sam , retired and happy.

Caty aka ShipDiva
                                I always love the way you think Caty, especially when it is about Sam and Jack .

I do agree with that. The kiss in 'the truth' was very dark (although I guess they tired to get across that they wanted it to be very private) and you couldn't see a whole lot. I did love the bed scene, them cuddling up together was very cute .
                                Yeah, I think Stargate is more overt with the romance too, especially with and Sam (I love how you and everyone else in the shipper thread came up with for )...just wish it would be Sam and Jack. TPTB best come through for us!

I think that too...I think they should get Sam and Jack together the last few episodes before the end and then the last one is all about the team (I love team episodes ).

I hope you are right about RDA...would be so great . A smiling, happy Jack with a smiling, happy Sam . And I do love it when RDA smiles too .

~Tracey~
                                Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 09 May 2004, 05:34 AM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X