PDA

View Full Version : X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Alan
May 17th, 2016, 12:48 AM
I'm disappointed that we have to wait so long, but I'm glad that more episodes are coming. . . eventually.

But at least we'll only be having to wait a year or two for new episodes instead of the 14-years we had to endure between 2002 and 2016.

Lorne
May 17th, 2016, 05:16 AM
But at least we'll only be having to wait a year or two for new episodes instead of the 14-years we had to endure between 2002 and 2016.

Good point, Alan.

I just hope they dole out details on the new season over the course of the hiatus period and we don't have to wait for any shreds of information to be released until NEXT year at Upfronts. A year-long term of silence on the matter would just be cruel.

losernerdfriend
May 18th, 2016, 10:25 PM

I'm fine with only having to wait a year or two. I'm just excited they were happy enough to want more.

Good point, Alan.

I just hope they dole out details on the new season over the course of the hiatus period and we don't have to wait for any shreds of information to be released until NEXT year at Upfronts. A year-long term of silence on the matter would just be cruel.

I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they have everyone signed up. But I'm really hoping they announce the writers for the new episodes early. My dream list of writers for the new episodes would be:

1. Darin Morgen
2. Vince Gilligan
3. James Wong/Glen Morgen (collaborating like they used to)
4. David Duchovny
5. Howard Gordon
6. Frank Spotnitz

Lorne
May 19th, 2016, 05:14 AM
I'm fine with only having to wait a year or two. I'm just excited they were happy enough to want more.

I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they have everyone signed up. But I'm really hoping they announce the writers for the new episodes early. My dream list of writers for the new episodes would be:

1. Darin Morgen
2. Vince Gilligan
3. James Wong/Glen Morgen (collaborating like they used to)
4. David Duchovny
5. Howard Gordon
6. Frank Spotnitz

That's a solid list, losernerdfriend.

Re: 1)More Darin Morgan is always a good thing.

Re: 2)I'd kill for Gilligan to pen a new XF story.

Re: 3)Totally with you on renewing the Morgan/Wong partnership.

Re: 4)It hadn't occurred to me about Duchovny -- but I'd be very interested to see an episode written by him (especially now that he's an established novelist).

Re: 5)Gordon's XF scripts have always left me a little cold, but I've enjoyed his work on other projects. He probably has one more good XF story left to tell.

Re: 6)Spotnitz is the often unsung hero of the X-Files crew. Hell, yeah, let him write a new episode.

Also, regarding the wait for a formal announcement, I bet you're right. We will probably hear news as soon as contracts become formalized. I can't imagine Fox could expect Duchovny or Anderson to remain tight-lipped for nearly a year, especially with reporters and fans asking about Season 11 at every available opportunity. The hounding for information would be relentless.

losernerdfriend
May 19th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Re: 4)It hadn't occurred to me about Duchovny -- but I'd be very interested to see an episode written by him (especially now that he's an established novelist).

Re: 5)Gordon's XF scripts have always left me a little cold, but I've enjoyed his work on other projects. He probably has one more good XF story left to tell.

Re: 6)Spotnitz is the often unsung hero of the X-Files crew. Hell, yeah, let him write a new episode.

I would love for Duchovny to write an episode because he wrote/directed "The Unnatural" and "Hollywood A.D." from the original run, and I love both those episodes so much. They're both extremely solid efforts. And I agree that now that he's an established author he has a little more experience.

I couldn't remember any Howard Gordon ep's off the top of my head, but he went on to do 24 and Homeland, which makes his record pretty solid. So I wanted him back for that reason alone. Haha.

And yeah I'm a Spotnitz fan. I'm loving Man in the High Castle so far. I can't wait for season two. :D

Lorne
May 30th, 2016, 11:40 PM
From Joe Harris, writer of the X-Files comic series, on his Facebook page today:

I so, so wish I could share this X-Files news with you. When it's all announced and ready, I suspect you'll be as floored as I was when I was first told about it (and remain with every reminder that I heard it correctly).

Unsure if his news relates to the TV or comic book series, but it sounds like good news on the X-Files front is heading our way. :D

Alan
August 8th, 2016, 02:59 PM
The X-Files Update: 'Significant Talks' Underway With David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for Season 11
http://tvline.com/2016/08/08/the-x-files-season-11-spoilers-mulder-scully-fox/

The X-Files Season 11: Fox Eyeing Longer Run of '8 to 10 New Episodes
http://tvline.com/2016/08/08/x-files-season-11-episode-count-premiere-date-2018-fox/

Lorne
August 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks, Alan. I was just popping by here to post this very news.

I'm glad to see they're actively pushing for more episodes this time around. I'd prefer 13 but 10 would still be a step in the right direction.

Alan
October 5th, 2016, 12:00 PM
http://static.theglobeandmail.ca/baa/arts/film/article32262660.ece/ALTERNATES/w220/rv-viff-carter-1004rv1.JPG
X-Files creator Chris Carter expects series to return to Vancouver
Ian Bailey (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/authors/ian-bailey)
VANCOUVER — The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 05, 2016 2:18PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 05, 2016 2:22PM EDT

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/x-files-creator-chris-carter-expects-series-to-return-to-vancouver/article32262661/

Production of The X-Files, one of the most notable TV series ever shot in British Columbia, will resume in Vancouver next spring, according to series creator Chris Carter.

The series’ return comes after a revival run of six new episodes produced in B.C. last year, which aired in early 2016.

While there has been speculation that The X-Files would continue following its recent rebirth, Carter offered a timetable in an interview with The Globe and Mail this week.

“I imagine we would be up there shooting in the spring of 2017,” said Carter, who will, this week, be in Vancouver to receive an Industry Builder Award from the Vancouver International Film Festival for his efforts to ensure that production on the recent round of episodes was environmentally sustainable.
He said he expects to do “a small expansion” on the number of episodes in this latest continuation of the milestone show.

His comments came after he confirmed that talks are well-advanced with key players in the series, which pitted FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) against paranormal creatures and conspiracies.

“They are constructive negotiations so I can’t imagine [The X-Files] wouldn’t come back,” Carter said.
A spokesperson for Carter later noted that talks are under way with Duchovny and Anderson to reprise their roles in the new episodes.

Carter said that continuing the series presents some creative challenges.

“Coming back last year was a trick and coming back again will be another trick,” he said.
“How many years of life are there left in the show? Do you play this as the end? Do you play this as a continuation? There are lots of creative challenges to tackle.”

But Carter said Vancouver will be central to resolving those challenges, as it has been for the life of the series, which originally aired from September, 1993, to May, 2002.

Carter said he began shooting the series in Los Angeles, but was not satisfied with the forests available there. He thought of Vancouver, a city he had visited in 1986 while his wife was producing a Disney movie in B.C.

“I remembered the amazing forests,” he said. So he brought the production north. While the forests helped, Carter says the Vancouver region had more to offer and has been central to the success of the series.

The city, he said, could double as almost anywhere in North America, which was helpful for a series whose FBI characters could find themselves in any U.S. state.

“I even turned a rock quarry in Vancouver into the southwestern U.S. by painting it with so many gallons of red paint you can’t imagine,” he said.

Carter said he has a lot of affection for Vancouver, noting he owned a loft in Gastown for many years and loves to visit. The California native joked about seeking dual citizenship.

Eventually, after five seasons in B.C., production of the show was shifted to Los Angeles. The two leads wanted to go home to the United States after their years in Canada. Not Carter. “I didn’t want to go,” he said, adding he worried about breaking up the “all-star team” of crew that worked on the series.
However, he said Los Angeles allowed access to new locations that would not have been available in B.C., citing, for example, the use of the Queen Mary, the retired British ocean liner that now serves as a tourist attraction in Long Beach, Calif.

“It benefited the storytelling because it forced us to think on our feet and try to reimagine the show,” he said.

Carter said Vancouver, circa 2016, has become one of the world’s leading production centres, with deep technical expertise and actors.

The Vancouver region is central to an ongoing production boom in B.C. that has seen such high-profile films shot in the province as Deadpool and Fifty Shades of Grey, as well as TV series such as The Flash, Arrow and, of course, The X-Files.

“I always tell actors in Canada that if you think you’ve got to be in L.A., don’t kid yourselves: You have so much opportunity to shine and do good work by just sticking around.”

And he said Vancouver is also good for producers. “You can come and just plug right into a serious, capable working environment that has everything you need to make whatever you’re doing, a television show or a movie.”

He said he thinks B.C. has reached a point where it can flourish as a production centre regardless of changes in the Canadian dollar and the provincial tax breaks that many say have made B.C. appealing to producers.

“Those things help, but, as I always tell people, ‘Don’t just go because there’s a savings. Go for the Canadians.’ The work ethic is extremely high and the level of expertise is high as well. It’s a great place to make entertainment. You sacrifice nothing.”

Still, Carter conceded it was never a given that he would get to come back to Vancouver to shoot the last round of episodes. “There was some talk about not coming back, but when all things were considered, everyone agreed that it was the best place to be.”

Asked if he had any advice for policy makers on sustaining Vancouver’s allure to the largely U.S. production sector, he recalled how the series, in 2015, had to go to the Kamloops area to find a desert-like landscape needed for a sequence depicting a UFO crash.

“If you could plant a desert there, within the zone there, in Vancouver, that’s the one thing that Vancouver lacks,” he quipped.

Lorne
October 7th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Thanks for posting this, Alan. :)

Actual news on Season 11 has been so few and far between that any update is welcome. Carter doesn't sound too definitive about a spring 2017 start date for filming but I still hope that shooting begins then rather than in the summer months. I'm beyond ready for some official announcements to be released -- like that negotiations are wrapped up and here's when the new episodes will air.

Alan
October 26th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Fox Eyes “More Traditional” Episode Order For ‘X-Files’ Season 11, Official Pick Up Expected “Within Weeks”

By Patrick Munn | October 26, 2016 - 11:00 pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/10/fox-eyes-traditional-episode-order-x-files-season-11-official-pick-expected-within-weeks/

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/The-X-Files-5-300x200.jpg?0474b6

EXCLUSIVE: After months of rumours, an eleventh season of The X-Files is within sight. I’m hearing from my sources that Fox execs are targeting a “more traditional” episode order for the new season and that the official green-light is expected from the network “within weeks”.

Sources are reluctant to say much of anything either on the record or on background, but I’m hearing that after hoping to convince Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to sign on for a thirteen episode eleventh season, Fox senior executives, led by Dana Walden, have settled on an order in the range of 8-10 episodes. (UPDATE: Additional sources are now saying the order will be for ten episodes)

Just as it was the last go around, the biggest hurdle has been scheduling, with finding an opening in the work schedule of the always busy Gillian Anderson being a key issue. That has been all but resolved and, while there are still some key deal points (fear not, I hear Fox got the memo on equal pay) all three are set to return for the new season, which I’m told is eyeing a Spring/Mid-2017 production start in Vancouver. Sources also tell TVWise that Fox is eyeing the new season for a key slot on their 2017 Fall schedule.

Once the official pick-up comes down, talks will then begin with other key players who are deemed vital for the new season. That includes Glen Morgan, who wrote and executive produced season ten, and Mitch Pileggi who plays Mulder and Scully’s erstwhile boss, FBI Assistant Director Walter Skinner. Chris Carter will once again serve as lead writer, executive producer and showrunner. There is no word on who Carter is looking at to staff the writers room for these new episodes, which will have to pick up from the cliffhanger ending of season ten.

The larger episode order, while good news for fans of The X-Files, is expected to play well with both Fox’s international sales division, Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, and foreign broadcasters – some of whom were initially a little wary of signing on to air the short tenth season, which consisted of a mere six episodes. Representatives of both Fox and 20th Century Fox Television declined to comment.

Lorne
October 27th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Ten episodes would be great!

Ian-S
October 27th, 2016, 06:25 AM
13 would be better, I don't see why they can't go with the idea previously posted in the thread of bring the other two mini-mulder/scully characters in for a few episodes and backdoor a potential "changing if the guard" in slowly, those two were a good fit and if the stories are still good, I personally don't care.

Mulder and Scully would retire/transfer eventually and i'm not a particular fan of having actors in their seventies portraying characters long past their retirement age like other shows like ncis.

pscard
October 27th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Watch the skies because we want to believe X-files will return.
:)

Alan
October 27th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Fox Eyes “More Traditional” Episode Order For ‘X-Files’ Season 11, Official Pick Up Expected “Within Weeks”

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/10/fox-eyes-traditional-episode-order-x-files-season-11-official-pick-expected-within-weeks/

Ten episodes would be great!

Watch the skies because we want to believe X-files will return.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/67/c3/f8/67c3f8115496ad9efa1f163dabb559da.jpg

:) :) :)

Lorne
October 30th, 2016, 04:38 PM
13 would be better, I don't see why they can't go with the idea previously posted in the thread of bring the other two mini-mulder/scully characters in for a few episodes and backdoor a potential "changing if the guard" in slowly, those two were a good fit and if the stories are still good, I personally don't care.

Mulder and Scully would retire/transfer eventually and i'm not a particular fan of having actors in their seventies portraying characters long past their retirement age like other shows like ncis.

If that 24 reboot does well enough, it may whet Fox's appetite to pursue the reboot route with X-Files as well. I'm all for an X-Files: the Next Generation series but, if that were to happen, I hope that Mulder and Scully's story gets some closure in the next batch of episodes. Tie up some old threads before launching any new ones.

Alan
January 11th, 2017, 03:18 PM
‘The X-Files’ Update: Renewal Talks are Progressing, But It’s Not Likely to Return Next Season:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/x-files-fox-jamie-foxx-gary-newman-david-madden-1201767604/

(http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/x-files-fox-jamie-foxx-gary-newman-david-madden-1201767604/)TCA: "It does not feel imminent to me," Fox TV chairman Gary Newman says of a deal with Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, and Chris Carter. Also: How Jamie Foxx wound up hosting Fox's new game show "Beat Shazam."

Michael Schneider (http://www.indiewire.com/author/michael-schneider/)
4 hours ago
@franklinavenue (https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=franklinavenue)

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/xf_sc7pt28pt1_0003r_hires1.jpg?w=780David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in “The X-Files.”
Ed Araquel/FOX

Fox (http://www.indiewire.com/t/fox/) Entertainment president David Madden told reporters Wednesday that he had hoped to have an “X-Files” announcement to announce on Wednesday.

But alas, as Fox TV Group chairman/CEO Gary Newman told IndieWire later, a deal with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, continues to be a logistic challenge for the network and sister studio 20th Century Fox TV.

As a result, Newman said he doesn’t expect the show to return during the upcoming 2017-18 TV season.

“My expectation is we will not have something next season,” he said. “It could be Fall 2018 or [Winter] 2019. It isn’t impossible that it couldn’t turn around and happen next year, but the clock is getting pretty tight. There’s no negativity, there’s no issues, I think they’d all like to do it. But it isn’t an easy decision for them. We remain as supportive as we can be trying to help them make it work. But right now it doesn’t feel like, ‘oh shoot, we missed by a couple of days with an announcement.'”

It’s not for lack of trying, Newman said.

“It’s just very difficult,” Newman said. “Their lives don’t lend themselves easily to finding time to do this. Gillian lives in London, she has young children. Coming to Vancouver for three or four months is not easy for her, particularly when she has other work commitments. David can be available, and then something big can come along for him. So it’s not easy to find time. We would love to do it again, and I believe there will be a time when it happens, but it does not feel imminent to me.”

Earlier, Madden struck a more optimistic tone. He said he was “feeling good… we feel like there’s progress being made” on finalizing deals with stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as well as executive producer Chris Carter, to bring the show back again. An announcement could come “shortly.”

Madden did have one little morsel to share: Fox is indeed pushing hard for the next edition of “The X-Files (http://www.indiewire.com/t/the-x-files/)” to be more than just six episodes. “It won’t be 22, but we are hoping for more than six,” he said. “That is our goal.”

Fox has been teasing another return of “The X-Files” for a year, since last year’s revival posted huge ratings (although, admittedly, mixed reviews).

Lorne
January 11th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Thanks for posting this, Alan. :)

The anticipation for solid developments on Season 11 is driving me crazy. I thought for sure the TCAs would deliver the goods.

Oh, well.

There's still hope.

planet_tv
April 21st, 2017, 03:24 AM
‘The X-Files’ Coming Back Again For New Event Series Next Season (http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-returns-event-series-fox-1202073290/)

Alan
April 21st, 2017, 06:26 AM
‘The X-Files’ Coming Back Again For New Event Series Next Season (http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-returns-event-series-fox-1202073290/)

Obviously this is excellent news. Having 10 episodes in Season 11 instead of the 6 that made up S10 will help the storytelling and character development enormously. Season 10 felt rushed and paced far too quickly with the stories it was trying to tell and I felt that often across the 45-minutes of every episode of S10.

My hopes for Season 11:

The tone is more like that of the first 3 seasons - darker and edgier.
The editing is better.
The storytelling is paced a bit more slowly.
They fix Gillian Anderson's wig.
Annabeth Gish to return to play Monica Reyes.
Robert Patrick to return to play John Doggett.
An episode where Mulder and Reyes work together on a case.
The return of other past characters such as Cigarette-Smoking Man, Marita Covarrubias, Jeffrey Spender, the Alien Bounty Hunter, Gibson Praise, Alvin Kersh etc.
Future comedy episodes shouldn't be so heavy handed with their humour as it had been in S10's Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster.
Maybe some sequels to past episodes.
If the characters of FBI Agents Einstein and Miller return, I'd like to see them handled better rather than just be younger copies of Scully and Mulder's characters that have been turned up to 11.

Lorne
April 21st, 2017, 11:27 AM

Hell, yeah!!!:weiranime17:

Obviously this is excellent news. Having 10 episodes in Season 11 instead of the 6 that made up S10 will help the storytelling and character development enormously. Season 10 felt rushed and paced far too quickly with the stories it was trying to tell and I felt that often across the 45-minutes of every episode of S10.

My hopes for Season 11:

The tone is more like that of the first 3 seasons - darker and edgier.
The editing is better.
The storytelling is paced a bit more slowly.
They fix Gillian Anderson's wig.
Annabeth Gish to return to play Monica Reyes.
Robert Patrick to return to play John Doggett.
An episode where Mulder and Reyes work together on a case.
The return of other past characters such as Cigarette-Smoking Man, Marita Covarrubias, Jeffrey Spender, the Alien Bounty Hunter, Gibson Praise, Alvin Kersh etc.
Future comedy episodes shouldn't be so heavy handed with their humour as it had been in S10's Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster.
Maybe some sequels to past episodes.
If the characters of FBI Agents Einstein and Miller return, I'd like to see them handled better rather than just be younger copies of Scully and Mulder's characters that have been turned up to 11.

I agree with every item on your list, Alan, except for the humor one. I love Darin Morgan episodes in all of their brilliant insanity! But the rest of your list is spot-on and I hope they all come to pass in Season 11.

10 more episodes! Woo-hoo!

Alan
April 21st, 2017, 02:13 PM
Hell, yeah!!!:weiranime17:

I agree with every item on your list, Alan, except for the humor one. I love Darin Morgan episodes in all of their brilliant insanity! But the rest of your list is spot-on and I hope they all come to pass in Season 11.

10 more episodes! Woo-hoo!

I love Darin Morgan's episodes too...except for the one he wrote for S10. Just OTT in my humble opinion.

Lorne
April 21st, 2017, 06:41 PM
I love Darin Morgan's episodes too...except for the one he wrote for S10. Just OTT in my humble opinion.

I can definitely understand that opinion. It strayed too far into parody for some people.

Morgania
April 22nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
I just want another funny monster of the week episode.

Dumper
April 23rd, 2017, 11:53 AM
I've never liked the funny episodes, they just feel too strange compared to the rest of the series.

Lorne
August 6th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Some quick news bits:

Annabeth Gish has posted on her Instagram page that she'll be returning as Monica Reyes in the new season!

Veronica Cartwright told a fan at a recent convention that she'll be back in Season 11 as Cassandra Spender!

And, last but not least, according to IMDB.com, Kavan Smith (Lorne himself and the man in my avatar pic) has been cast in one of the next season's episodes!

With filming now underway, I'm starting to get pretty excited for the new season.:)

Alan
August 6th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Some quick news bits:

Annabeth Gish has posted on her Instagram page that she'll be returning as Monica Reyes in the new season!

Veronica Cartwright told a fan at a recent convention that she'll be back in Season 11 as Cassandra Spender!

And, last but not least, according to IMDB.com, Kavan Smith (Lorne himself and the man in my avatar pic) has been cast in one of the next season's episodes!

With filming now underway, I'm starting to get pretty excited for the new season.:)

Absolutely overjoyed at the news of the return of Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes! Hoping that this season they'll give her some scenes with David Duchovny as Mulder!

Absolutely shocked at the news of the return of Veronica Cartwright considering how things ended for Cassandra Spender in Season 6! Will her son, Jeffrey Spender (Chris Owens) be returning too I wonder?

Roll on Season 11! :)

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

DigiFluid
August 6th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Some quick news bits:

OOoooohhhhh

Lorne
August 7th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Absolutely overjoyed at the news of the return of Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes! Hoping that this season they'll give her some scenes with David Duchovny as Mulder!

Absolutely shocked at the news of the return of Veronica Cartwright considering how things ended for Cassandra Spender in Season 6! Will her son, Jeffrey Spender (Chris Owens) be returning too I wonder?

Roll on Season 11! :)

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I know! The Cassandra Spender thing is a total curveball.

I'm glad Reyes will be back and I hope Doggett manages to join her.

planet_tv
August 7th, 2017, 06:39 PM
X-Files Season 11: Production Start and Robert Patrick Open to Returning (http://www.tvovermind.com/the-x-files/x-files-season-11-production-start-robert-patrick-open-returning)

Lorne
August 14th, 2017, 01:38 PM
TVLine.com is reporting that Robbie Amell ("Miller") and Lauren Ambrose ("Einstein") will be returning for Season 11 as well.

Alan
August 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
TVLine.com is reporting that Robbie Amell ("Miller") and Lauren Ambrose ("Einstein") will be returning for Season 11 as well.

I had a feeling they would be returning considering how Season 10 ended. I just hope that Miller and Einstein get fleshed out as characters a bit more rather than being just another Mulder and another Scully and turned up to 10.

Lorne
August 15th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I had a feeling they would be returning considering how Season 10 ended. I just hope that Miller and Einstein get fleshed out as characters a bit more rather than being just another Mulder and another Scully and turned up to 10.

Yeah, they're pretty much blank slates at this point, but the potential is there. I've liked Ambrose in other projects and she could probably bring more life to the Einstein character, given the opportunity. Amell is an attractive actor, but I find his performance as Miller to be fairly bland. Hopefully they both step up to flesh out their roles in the new season -- along with the writers, of course.

Alan
August 15th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Yeah, they're pretty much blank slates at this point, but the potential is there. I've liked Ambrose in other projects and she could probably bring more life to the Einstein character, given the opportunity. Amell is an attractive actor, but I find his performance as Miller to be fairly bland. Hopefully they both step up to flesh out their roles in the new season -- along with the writers, of course.

Definitely agree that there is potential in the characters of Einstein and Miller. I just hope that Chris Carter realises they're both lacking depth and complexity and fixes that in S11.
I'm unaware of Amell's previous work nor do I know of anything I've seen him in before The X-Files but what little he had to work with playing Miller he made it work. He's a good actor.
Ambrose I have seen work before. I was very impressed with her in Series 4 of Torchwood (one of a short list of things to find impressive with the "Miracle Day" arc of that series). Like Amell, Ambrose is a great actor...they both just need really juicy material to develop their characters next season.

Lorne
August 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Definitely agree that there is potential in the characters of Einstein and Miller. I just hope that Chris Carter realises they're both lacking depth and complexity and fixes that in S11.
I'm unaware of Amell's previous work nor do I know of anything I've seen him in before The X-Files but what little he had to work with playing Miller he made it work. He's a good actor.
Ambrose I have seen work before. I was very impressed with her in Series 4 of Torchwood (one of a short list of things to find impressive with the "Miracle Day" arc of that series). Like Amell, Ambrose is a great actor...they both just need really juicy material to develop their characters next season.

Agreed.:)

I'd forgotten that Ambrose was in that last Torchwood series (which, you're right, wasn't the best -- but especially since it was following on the heels of "Children of Earth," a truly superb miniseries). I'm most familiar with her work on Six Feet Under.

Amell I know from that short-lived Tomorrow People reboot a few years ago and from playing Firestorm during the Flash's first season.

Alan
August 16th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Agreed.:)

I'd forgotten that Ambrose was in that last Torchwood series (which, you're right, wasn't the best -- but especially since it was following on the heels of "Children of Earth," a truly superb miniseries). I'm most familiar with her work on Six Feet Under.

Amell I know from that short-lived Tomorrow People reboot a few years ago and from playing Firestorm during the Flash's first season.

OMG, don't I know it. The "Children of Earth" arc was amazing TV! I personally think that RTD was blinded by the almighty dollar when it came to Miracle Day that he lost sight of the plot and that there were far too many cooks in the kitchen writing/producing it that it was trying to please both British and American execs and audiences.

Anyway, I digress. Assuming everybody now accepts the existence of extraterrestrial life after the public appearance of UFO's at the end of S10 (unless there is mass memory wipes) I wonder if they should expand the X-Files Division beyond the basement office now that they've been validated and so it gives more purpose for Miller and Einstein to be working alongside Mulder and Scully... and perhaps Reyes too depending on what her role in S11 is.

Lorne
August 17th, 2017, 10:17 AM
OMG, don't I know it. The "Children of Earth" arc was amazing TV! I personally think that RTD was blinded by the almighty dollar when it came to Miracle Day that he lost sight of the plot and that there were far too many cooks in the kitchen writing/producing it that it was trying to please both British and American execs and audiences.

Anyway, I digress. Assuming everybody now accepts the existence of extraterrestrial life after the public appearance of UFO's at the end of S10 (unless there is mass memory wipes) I wonder if they should expand the X-Files Division beyond the basement office now that they've been validated and so it gives more purpose for Miller and Einstein to be working alongside Mulder and Scully... and perhaps Reyes too depending on what her role in S11 is.

I like that idea. A group of special agents investigating cases. Robert Patrick said he's open to returning as Doggett, so he could easily be added to the mix, too. Skinner's role could be much more substantial in this situation -- think General Hammond overseeing the various SG teams. This, of course, has spin-off potential written all over it.:)

For these ten episodes, though, I'd prefer the focus to remain squarely on Mulder and Scully. Maybe with the occasional assist from one or two of the others in an episode, but let them utilize Duchovny & Anderson as much as possible in what may be their final outing as the special agents. It would be kind of cool to just get references to the other characters and their whereabouts.

For instance, Mulder & Scully are looking into a monster terrorizing a small town in Montana and they mention in dialogue that Miller & Einstein are interviewing witnesses to strange lights in the skies over Detroit or Reyes is working undercover to expose the new Conspiracy of Men (#ReyesRedemption). That sort of thing. The actors themselves don't need to appear and it helps to suggest a wider X-Files universe is at work.

If their son William shows up on the show, maybe he could be incorporated into the "family business" of paranormal investigation.

Alan
October 8th, 2017, 11:03 AM
NY Comic-Con Official Trailer: THE X-FILES | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRdrt8nPyy8

Lorne
October 9th, 2017, 02:40 PM
That trailer looks amazing!!

Thanks for posting it, Alan.:)

Alan
October 9th, 2017, 03:00 PM
That trailer looks amazing!!

Thanks for posting it, Alan.:)

My pleasure! Very excited for Season 11! :D

hedwig
October 10th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I read a news item on Facebook yesterday where Gillian Anderson says this newest season of the show will be her last. She apparently announced it at a recent Con. She was asked whether she'll miss the show, and she said to ask in a couple of years to see how she feels at that time.

Alan
October 30th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Preview: Help Without Trust | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeNYjUdJymM

Lorne
October 30th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks for posting this, Alan.

PS I love your avatar pic!

Alan
November 15th, 2017, 05:29 PM
The X-Files season 11 is returning to US mere weeks from now, as Fox sets premiere date
The truth is out there.

By Justin Harp (http://www.digitalspy.com/author/13085/justin-harp/)
16 November 2017

Full Article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-files/news/a843190/the-x-files-season-11-us-premiere-date/

Thanks for posting this, Alan.

PS I love your avatar pic!

Your welcome! And thanks for the avatar pic appreciation. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been some time since I've been on this thread. :o

Alan
November 16th, 2017, 11:05 AM
The X-Files season 11 will air on Channel 5 in the UK – but when?
The truth is out there again in 2018.

By Sam Warner (http://www.digitalspy.com/author/13509/sam-warner/)
16 November 2017

Full Article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-files/news/a843236/the-x-files-season-11-channel-5-uk/

Lorne
November 16th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Less than seven weeks to go!!

Alan
November 17th, 2017, 05:45 AM
New Season 11 Cast Photos Revealed
By Keva Andersen
On November 17, 2017

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1460-new-season-11-cast-photos-revealed

http://xfiles.news/images/kevaandersen/ScullyMulderS11New.jpg

Now that we have an air date, take a look at these new cast photos to go with it. FOX has shared new images of David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, and William B. Davis in character. Check out the gallery for all four characters in their high resolution glory after the jump.

http://xfiles.news/plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/images/transparent.gif Click to open image! (William B. Davis as "The Cigarette Smoking Man") (http://xfiles.news/images/galleries/Season11CastPhotos/XF-S2_04-William-Flare_0462_R1_hires2.jpg)
http://xfiles.news/plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/images/transparent.gif Click to open image! (Mitch Pileggi as "Assistant Director Walter Skinner") (http://xfiles.news/images/galleries/Season11CastPhotos/XF-S2_09-Mitch-Flare_1080_R1_hires2.jpg)
http://xfiles.news/plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/images/transparent.gif Click to open image! (David Duchovny as "Special Agent Fox Mulder") (http://xfiles.news/images/galleries/Season11CastPhotos/XF-S2_15-David-Flare_1894_R_hires2.jpg)
http://xfiles.news/plugins/content/jw_sigpro/jw_sigpro/includes/images/transparent.gif Click to open image! (Gillian Anderson as "Special Agent Dana Scully") (http://xfiles.news/images/galleries/Season11CastPhotos/XF-S2_24-Gillian-Flare_3187_R1_hires2.jpg)

Alan
November 19th, 2017, 08:42 AM
David Duchovny on 'The X-Files' Season 11: "Mulder's at death's door... That can't last"
UPI News Service, 11/18/2017

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/david-duchovny-on-x-files-season-11-mulder-at-death-door--that-cant-last-1061822.php

David Duchovny (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/david-duchovny/) says he is happy Season 11 of "The X-Files" (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/the-x-files/) will include 10 episodes and spend more time on Mulder and Scully's strange cases than offering a crash course on what the series is about.

Duchovny and his co-star Gillian Anderson (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/gillian-anderson/) returned for the iconic sci-fi drama's 10th season in 2016 after a 14-year absence.

But Duchovny recently told reporters at New York Comic Con he feels Season 10 -- which only had six episodes -- was too "exposition heavy about how to get you up to speed."

Now that all the groundwork is laid, the actor said, the truth-seeking FBI special agents he and Anderson play are able to hit the ground running for Season 11.

"That's exciting to me, to actually start telling stories," Duchovny said.

"Unfortunately, we kind of got trapped into telling the story of the show [in Season 10.] To me, that's not so interesting. It might be interesting to fans. I don't know. I can't look at it that way, but once you start talking endlessly about yourself. ... To me, the show was about the case and how that affects the characters."

"Unfortunately, after a certain point, it becomes about the characters, not about the case and, to me, that is less interesting."

Asked why he thinks the revival of "The X-Files" (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/the-x-files/) worked when the reboots of so many other shows haven't, Duchovny admitted: "I don't know why exactly. ..."

"Revivals can get trapped in doing the same thing -- trying to give people what they think they want, rather than giving them what you want to give them and hoping they come around," he said, adding "The X-Files" (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/the-x-files/) "was always about wonder. It was like a Twilight Zone-type show."

So, would he be up for a Season 12, if FOX ordered one?

"I'm open. I love working with these people and I love the show. I'm always open. It's a struggle to get everyone together at the same time, regardless of what [creator Chris Carter (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/chris-carter/)] says. If they want to do it, I'm open to do it."

Duchovny didn't reveal too many details about the upcoming season, but he did remind journalists: "Mulder's at death's door at the end of the last little season we did.

"So, obviously, that can't last. So, we've got to get him out of there."

"The X-Files" (http://www.realitytvworld.com/pophollywood/the-x-files/) Season 11 is to debut on Jan. 3, 2018.

Lorne
November 20th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the posts, Alan.:)

That interview with Duchovny was interesting.

Alan
November 29th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the posts, Alan.:)

That interview with Duchovny was interesting.

You're very welcome, Lorne. :)

Season 10 Cliffhanger | THE X-FILES
The X-Files (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68e6tjObt_flasCFGO9uEQ)
Published on 29 Nov 2017

Creator Chris Carter and stars Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny break down last season’s cliffhanger and tease the new season of THE X-FILES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDjmxJFUROo

More Season 11 Cast Photos
http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/

http://78.media.tumblr.com/abc4f2f721d5007de3b79c1d51533316/tumblr_inline_p07fbasCNS1r7eb76_500.jpghttp://78.media.tumblr.com/6a80c2965b974374e68c5b44c1817030/tumblr_inline_p07fcpkpkr1r7eb76_500.jpg
29 Nov (http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/post/168026478891)
Reblog (https://www.tumblr.com/reblog/168026478891/IDOCb3eq)
The X-Files (http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/tagged/The-X-Files)
XFiles (http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/tagged/XFiles) Season 11 (http://xfilesnews.tumblr.com/tagged/Season-11)

http://78.media.tumblr.com/87cb4a36deba556d9f9e4e43e2fc16ca/tumblr_p07d9f2A3u1rpjl0vo1_1280.jpgChris Carter, Gillian Anderson, and David Duchovny discuss where we last saw Mulder and Scully…and where they’re headed next. Check out the new promo here (http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fxfiles.news%2Findex.php%2Fnews%2Flatest-news%2F1477-new-season-11-promo-the-cliffhanger&t=YWJlYmJhMWMzYWUxNTc3YjZmZjIyY2JmNGNjOTc3MGUwNTk0MGYxZCxyN0thMkR6VA%3D%3D&b=t%3A1Dutvzr5y52PTFQpxrPOLg&p=http%3A%2F%2Fxfilesnews.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F168025196171&m=1).

Alan
December 7th, 2017, 04:55 PM
The Mulder & Scully Relationship | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
Published on 7 Dec 2017

Gillian & David reveal the current state of Mulder & Scully on the new season of THE X-FILES...or do they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40DGepEo81A

Alan
December 8th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Preview: We Need Your Help, Even If We Don't Trust You | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Published on 8 Dec 2017

Catch the new episode of THE X-FILES on JAN 3rd on FOX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPJxoiATomQ

Alan
December 12th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Unwrapping The X-Files: Retro Chemistry | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Published on 12 Dec 2017

This holiday season, Fox opens up the vault to share a special look behind the scenes of the early years of the relationship between Mulder & Scully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6njtrUdYaI&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=7RcjgPeQ_Y8f8dpV-6

Lorne
December 14th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Those promos look good. Less than three weeks to go and I'm getting excited!

The first five episodes of Season 11 have been released to critics and the reactions trickling out through social media have been pretty positive so far.

Jan. 3 can't come soon enough!

Alan
December 14th, 2017, 02:40 PM
First 5 X-Files Season 11 Episode Titles Revealed
By Keva Andersen
On December 14, 2017

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1493-first-5-x-files-season-11-episode-titles-revealed

http://xfiles.news/images/kevaandersen/ScullyMulderS11New.jpg

FOX has revealed the titles and air dates of the first five episodes of Season 11. As we knew, the series returns to air on January 3, 2018 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with "My Struggle III". The next four episodes will air on consecutive Wednesdays and are written by Chris Carter, Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong.

"My Struggle III"airing January 3rd. The episode picks up after the last event series’ cliffhanger. Mulder and Scully learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it. Written and directed by Chris Carter.

"This" airing January 10th. An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. Written and directed by Glen Morgan.

"Plus One" airing January 17th. A spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game. This episode guest stars Karin Konoval and is written by Chris Carter. Kevin Hooks directs.

"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" airing January 24th. Exploring the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated. Brian Huskey guest stars as "Reggie Something." Written and directed by Darin Morgan.

"Ghouli" airing January 31st. When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William. Written and directed by James Wong.

Alan
December 15th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Top 25 UFO Sightings | THE X-FILES

Published on 15 Dec 2017

Chris Carter helps count down the Top 25 UFO sightings from ten seasons of The X-Files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQqsHgK9yNw

Alan
December 15th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Sneak Peek: What To Expect This Season | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Published on 15 Dec 2017

Creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson & Mitch Pileggi tease the thrilling new season of The X-Files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqkIKINZE7w

Lorne
December 16th, 2017, 04:58 PM
As always, thanks for taking the time to post all these clips and news items, Alan. :)

"My Struggle III"airing January 3rd. The episode picks up after the last event series’ cliffhanger. Mulder and Scully learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it. Written and directed by Chris Carter.

"This" airing January 10th. An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. Written and directed by Glen Morgan.

"Plus One" airing January 17th. A spate of deaths, in which the victims were plagued by their own doppelgangers, lead Mulder and Scully to a pair of twins playing a dangerous game. This episode guest stars Karin Konoval and is written by Chris Carter. Kevin Hooks directs.

"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" airing January 24th. Exploring the idea of The Mandela Effect, in which large groups of people remember an alternate history, Mulder and Scully find out how the X-Files themselves may really have originated. Brian Huskey guest stars as "Reggie Something." Written and directed by Darin Morgan.

"Ghouli" airing January 31st. When a pair of teenage girls attack one another, each believing the other to be a monster, Mulder and Scully find that their investigation could possibly lead back to their long-lost son, William. Written and directed by James Wong.

"This" and "Ghouli" should be good episodes, since they're written/directed by Glen Morgan and James Wong, respectively. But I'm already predicting that "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" will be brilliant and the best (IMO) episode of Season 11, since it's being made by Darin Morgan.

For me, the only episode that could even come close to topping it in the upcoming season will be episode 8, an hour that was written jointly by Glen Morgan & James Wong. It will be their first true collaboration in a looooong time and I hold high hopes for it being nothing short of spectacular.

The Carter-written episodes are difficult to predict. His mythology eps last season weren't the greatest, but I'm one of the few that liked "Babylon." Based on that, I'm guessing that "My Struggle III" may leave me cold and I'll enjoy "Plus One." Kevin Hooks did a fantastic job directing last week's Agents of SHIELD, so I'm anxious to see how he'll handle an XF episode.

Alan
December 19th, 2017, 07:00 PM
As always, thanks for taking the time to post all these clips and news items, Alan. :)

My pleasure. :)

PHOTOS MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS

"My Struggle III" Promo Photos Revealed
By Roi Ollson
On December 19, 2017

http://www.xfiles.news/images/galleries/My_Struggle_III/09.jpg

FOX has released a sneak peek of what's to come from The X-Files' season opener "My Struggle III". These promo photos give us an idea of where we find Mulder and Scully after last season's cliffhanger. Be warned though, the photos contain some spoilers as to what's happening in the episode. Check out all 20 images after the jump.

READ MORE: http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1498-my-struggle-iii-promo-photos-revealed
(http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1498-my-struggle-iii-promo-photos-revealed)
"This" is a Bunch of Promotional Pictures (http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1500-this-ep-photos)
By Avi Quijada
On December 20, 2017

http://www.xfiles.news/images/aviquijada/2017/MODIFIEDXF-S2_202-sc30-RF_0069_hires1.png

To continue with the slew of goodies before the premiere of The X-Files Season 11, FOX has released the promotional pictures for "This", the second episode of the season, written and directed by Glen Morgan. While some of these pictures aren't particularly "spoilery," be forewarned that there is a good amount of awesome and kickass in the thirteen pictures you'll find after the jump ;)

(http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1498-my-struggle-iii-promo-photos-revealed)READ MORE: http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1500-this-ep-photos

Alan
December 21st, 2017, 12:22 PM
Declassified: The End Of The World | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Published on 21 Dec 2017

Cast & crew of The X-Files take you inside the thrilling new season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV5-vvNPnLo&t=1s

Lorne
December 24th, 2017, 08:45 AM
We're finally close enough to the premiere to add the show to my DVR. :)

DigiFluid
December 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. I was just skimming through the list of episodes of the show's original run and thinking how much I'd enjoy doing a rewatch (if I wasn't already in the middle of another huge rewatch).

Alan
December 24th, 2017, 10:30 AM
We're finally close enough to the premiere to add the show to my DVR. :)

I'm really looking forward to this. I was just skimming through the list of episodes of the show's original run and thinking how much I'd enjoy doing a rewatch (if I wasn't already in the middle of another huge rewatch).

One of the things I missed about from Season 10...and its such an odd thing to miss...is conspiratorial and confrontational meetings in grey, dingy underground car parks. But from the promos it looks as though that will be happening in Season 11 - thank goodness!

I hope the UK broadcast won't be too far behind the US! That's the Truth!

Lorne
December 24th, 2017, 08:42 PM
One of the things I missed about from Season 10...and its such an odd thing to miss...is conspiratorial and confrontational meetings in grey, dingy underground car parks. But from the promos it looks as though that will be happening in Season 11 - thank goodness!

I hope the UK broadcast won't be too far behind the US! That's the Truth!

Any announcement on when Channel 5 is going to broadcast Season 11, Alan?

Alan
December 25th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Any announcement on when Channel 5 is going to broadcast Season 11, Alan?

Nothing as far as I'm aware.

Alan
December 25th, 2017, 03:52 AM
Merry Christmas /
Happy Holidays,
Fellow X-Philes!!!!

Lorne
December 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM

What are you rewatching, DigiFluid?

Nothing as far as I'm aware.

:( That sucks that nothing has been formally announced yet. Hopefully you get word soon and they air it sooner than the previous season.

Merry Christmas /
Happy Holidays,
Fellow X-Philes!!!!

Thank you, Alan! :)

Merry Christmas to the X-Philes!

May Burt Reynolds bless us, everyone!

DigiFluid
December 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM
What are you rewatching, DigiFluid?

When the Infinity War trailer came out about a month ago, I decided to see if I could get through a whole-universe rewatch before it comes out in May. Made good headway so far, but the jury's still out on whether I can pull it off :)

Angela V
December 25th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Couldn't believe it that this show was coming back AGAIN. It's truly now like a British show. :D

Lorne
December 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM
When the Infinity War trailer came out about a month ago, I decided to see if I could get through a whole-universe rewatch before it comes out in May. Made good headway so far, but the jury's still out on whether I can pull it off :)

By "whole-universe" are you including the TV shows (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, the Inhumans, Runaways, and all of the Netflix series) as well?

Couldn't believe it that this show was coming back AGAIN. It's truly now like a British show. :D

It's crazy that it's ping-ponged back and forth from TV series to movie to TV series, back to a movie, and now finally back to TV series. As much as I enjoyed seeing the X-Files on the big screen (twice), I prefer it as an episodic television show.

If this is the final hurrah for the Mulder & Scully characters, I'm glad that they're going out with one last TV season.

DigiFluid
December 26th, 2017, 10:18 AM
By "whole-universe" are you including the TV shows (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, the Inhumans, Runaways, and all of the Netflix series) as well?

That's exactly what I mean. Wouldn't be much of a challenge to watch a dozen or so movies in six months now, would it? :D

Alan
December 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM
That's exactly what I mean. Wouldn't be much of a challenge to watch a dozen or so movies in six months now, would it? :D

Sir, I would green you if I could out of admiration for this! As someone that did a Doctor Who marathon which also included the spin-offs in their correct order in the lead up to Doctor Who's 50th anniversary special in 2013, I completely understand the challenge you're setting for yourself! I wish you all the very best with it! Respect! :D

Alan
December 26th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Show & Not Tell: Gillian Anderson | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
Published on 26 Dec 2017

Gillian Anderson shows but won’t tell about the new season of THE X-FILES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQvvk6ohOQ

Alan
December 26th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Preview: The Truth Is Out There | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Published on 26 Dec 2017

Don't miss the season premiere of THE X-FILES, WED, JAN 3 at 8/7c on FOX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAplCseoz_w

Alan
December 27th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Best Of Agent Scully | THE X-FILES

Published on 27 Dec 2017

Check out all of Agent Scully's best moments throughout the seasons of THE X-FILES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozJm3svkA7M

planet_tv
December 27th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I happened to find this while on YouTube. Someone put together some behind the scenes stuff from The X-Files season 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQgL31Q4yQ

ScifigirlSG
December 31st, 2017, 02:08 PM
New season premieres Jan 3 on Fox. :D

Alan
December 31st, 2017, 04:05 PM
Happy
&
Healthy
New
Year
Fellow X-Philes!!!!
All the best in 2018!!!!

planet_tv
December 31st, 2017, 06:02 PM
Gillian Anderson Confirms X-Files Exit: 'This Is It for Me' (http://tvline.com/2017/12/31/gillian-anderson-leaving-the-x-files-season-11-scully/)

Lorne
December 31st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Happy
&
Healthy
New
Year
Fellow X-Philes!!!!
All the best in 2018!!!!

Happy New Year, X-Philes!

Alan, here's to Channel 5 getting their act together and announcing a premiere date soon-ish rather than later-ish!

To everyone else that gets to see "My Struggle III" sometime within the next week, may your definition be high and your commercial-breaks be few!

See you all in 2018!

Lorne
January 3rd, 2018, 11:22 AM
Tonight's the night!

Lorne
January 3rd, 2018, 06:18 PM
Just watched the premiere...

:eek:

Holy ####.

ScifigirlSG
January 3rd, 2018, 07:59 PM
I watched it and a lot of plots. Wow!

hedwig
January 3rd, 2018, 09:25 PM
The man that was following Mulder in the car chase, and the same man who tried to kill Scully in the hospital is Mike Dopud, veteran of several SG1 and SGA episodes, and of numerous parts in shows since those series left the air.

SamJackShipper93
January 3rd, 2018, 09:48 PM
Wow ... that was wow.

When I watch a new episode like the one I watched tonight...
I'm happy that Stargate SG-1 ended at the time that it did (SGA and SGU deserved to at least have endings) because I've watched so many reboots recently that have retconned (or simply explained away) canon or established interpretation. I may not be happy with how Stargate ended, but I'm glad they didn't have a chance to drop bombshells like the one at the end of the X-Files tonight...

Lorne
January 4th, 2018, 11:42 AM
The man that was following Mulder in the car chase, and the same man who tried to kill Scully in the hospital is Mike Dopud, veteran of several SG1 and SGA episodes, and of numerous parts in shows since those series left the air.

Good eye. :)

DigiFluid
January 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Well, I admit I'm a bit miffed at the copout resolution to the cliffhanger, but I enjoyed the hell out of the episode just the same! Bring on next week!

Ian-S
January 5th, 2018, 04:58 AM
Well, I admit I'm a bit miffed at the copout resolution to the cliffhanger, but I enjoyed the hell out of the episode just the same! Bring on next week!

Same here, I plan to go back to the previous part 2 and try to work out at what point she collapsed in the office, just to make sure it actually makes sense (and also work out what was visions, and what was real from that episode) rather than it just being a "how do we resolve this cliffhanger? Ah Dallas it".

If anything I'd say that was an even worse cliffhanger/resolution than TWD6x16 and 7x01, and that's saying something.

planet_tv
January 5th, 2018, 06:26 AM
‘The X-Files’ Creator Says He Won’t Return for Another Season Without Gillian Anderson (http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-x-files-chris-carter-gillian-anderson-1202652754/)

According to my DVR Guide and Zap2it TV Listings (https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH01995293&tmsId=EP019952930416&aid=gapzap), Gillian Anderson will be on The Late Late Show with James Corden on Jan 9 on CBS at 12:37am EST. You might want to confirm, when the date gets closer, with http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-show/ just to make sure.

Lorne
January 5th, 2018, 11:32 AM
‘The X-Files’ Creator Says He Won’t Return for Another Season Without Gillian Anderson (http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-x-files-chris-carter-gillian-anderson-1202652754/)

According to my DVR Guide and Zap2it TV Listings (https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH01995293&tmsId=EP019952930416&aid=gapzap), Gillian Anderson will be on The Late Late Show with James Corden on Jan 9 on CBS at 12:37am EST. You might want to confirm, when the date gets closer, with http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-show/ just to make sure.

Your info is correct. I think Anderson confirmed it on Twitter.

DigiFluid
January 10th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Wow, so episode 2 was....crap.

planet_tv
January 10th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Gillian Anderson Says She’s Really Done With ‘The X-Files’ Forever, For Real: ‘I Don’t Want To Be Tied Down’ (http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/gillian-anderson-x-files-ending-fox-scully-1201916182/)

Ian-S
January 12th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Wow, so episode 2 was....crap.

LOL I thought it was better, at least it wasn't a dream.

Lorne
January 14th, 2018, 08:56 AM
I loved "This." Watched it twice (so far) and it gets better each time.

Can't wait for next week's episode, "Plus One," and the return of the fantastic Karin Konoval to the show.

Sympathies to Alan -- I see Channel 5 is STILL dinking around and not announced a formal start date for the new season. Ridiculous.

Alan
January 14th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I loved "This." Watched it twice (so far) and it gets better each time.

Can't wait for next week's episode, "Plus One," and the return of the fantastic Karin Konoval to the show.

Sympathies to Alan -- I see Channel 5 is STILL dinking around and not announced a formal start date for the new season. Ridiculous.

Appreciated. Just before the football highlights show on C5 last night there was a brief advert for The X-Files and I genuinely thought there was going to be a date announcement. Fat chance.

Ian-S
January 15th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Sometime in February is my guess, I'm sure I saw a 2 flash up in the middle column at one point in the advert, must run it back frame by frame sometime, see if there is some sort of code or clue there.

Lorne
January 17th, 2018, 04:30 PM
New episode tonight!!

Episode 3: "Plus One"

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2018, 06:27 PM
I liked it! It took a little too long to get to the meat of its story, and should’ve been less funny and more scary, but I still liked it a whooooole lot more than last week!

Ian-S
January 19th, 2018, 07:56 AM
No sugar Sherlock, dam you American's and your "can't have people exposed to swearing otherwise they'll get upset, but it's fine to watch someone get their face ripped off" insane TV standards lol.

I liked the episode though, good traditional X-Files monster of the week stuff.

Lorne
January 24th, 2018, 03:34 PM
UK viewers finally have an airdate: Feb. 5! Finally!

The rest of us get an excellent Darin Morgan episode this week.

Alan
January 24th, 2018, 04:11 PM
UK viewers finally have an airdate: Feb. 5! Finally!

The rest of us get an excellent Darin Morgan episode this week.

At long last! Thanks for bringing this to UK X-Philes' attention, Lorne!

Alan
January 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Mid-Season Trailer | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
Published on 24 Jan 2018

A thrilling look at what’s to come this season on THE X-FILES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFB1xa7h_c

DigiFluid
January 24th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Oh my god, tonight's was brilliant :lol:

Lorne
January 25th, 2018, 03:22 AM
Mid-Season Trailer | Season 11 | THE X-FILES
Published on 24 Jan 2018

A thrilling look at what’s to come this season on THE X-FILES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFB1xa7h_c

Very excited for the rest of the season!

Oh my god, tonight's was brilliant :lol:

Yes, it was. Scully's dialogue at the end was incredibly touching.

Ian-S
January 27th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Ep04 was so funny.

Alan
January 31st, 2018, 10:55 AM
X-Files Season 11 Pauses for Olympics
By Keva Andersen
On January 29, 2018

http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1557-x-files-season-11-pauses-for-olympics

http://www.xfiles.news/images/kevaandersen/MulderScullyNotGazingNope.jpg

If you're dying to know how Season 11 is going to end, that wait just got a little longer. FOX has confirmed the air dates for the rest of Season 11 and the series will take a 2 week break in February due to the Winter Olympics.

"Ghouli" airs on January 31st, followed by "Kitten" on February 7th. We'll skip February 14th and 21st with Episode 7 set to air on February 28th. Episode 8 will air March 7th, Episode 9 on March 14th, and the finale Episode 10 will air on March 21st.

So mark your calendars, request days off to recover, whatever you need to do! We've updated our watch and rewatch calendar here (http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/community/fandom/1513-watch-the-x-files-season-11-with-us) and will add episode names and hashtags as soon as we get those confirmed.

DigiFluid
January 31st, 2018, 11:22 AM
Dammit.

Lorne
January 31st, 2018, 11:27 AM
Dammit.

I concur.

planet_tv
January 31st, 2018, 07:28 PM
In case anyone wants to watch old episodes of the show from the 1st 9 seasons and Season 10 it looks like Fox has put all of them on demand. I'm glad they did this because there is an episode I want to see, Sunshine Days, and I no longer, as of last year, get any of the channels, Chiller and My Network Television, that have reruns but Chiller really only reran the first 2 or 3 seasons.

I finally did watch My Struggle III and I didn't expect that but that's all I'll say.

Ian-S
February 2nd, 2018, 07:56 AM
At least it's only a two week break, and not two months.

Has anybody watched this weeks yet?

Am I right to understand that:

Scully and CSM's son can make himself appear to anybody as anybody he has looked at? and what the hell is Fox going to do when he finds out William is his step-brother, not his son? Apart from therapy that is

SamJackShipper93
February 2nd, 2018, 08:27 AM
At least it's only a two week break, and not two months.

Has anybody watched this weeks yet?

Am I right to understand that:

Scully and CSM's son can make himself appear to anybody as anybody he has looked at? and what the hell is Fox going to do when he finds out William is his step-brother, not his son? Apart from therapy that is

Chris Carter has clarified that William isn't Mulder's biological half-brother.

Interviewer: When CSM says he’s William’s father, is he literally his father, to some biological extent? Along with alien DNA?
Chris Carter: No. He’s the figurative father if he’s not the actual father. He didn’t rape Scully. He impregnated her with science.

Despite the fact that this answer is sketchy and insensitive in terms of whether forced impregnation counts as rape, we at least know that CSM is not the biological father of both Fox and William.

Article source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/03/x-files-creator-season-11-premiere-interview/

DigiFluid
February 3rd, 2018, 12:55 PM
Chris Carter has clarified that William isn't Mulder's biological half-brother.

Despite the fact that this answer is sketchy and insensitive in terms of whether forced impregnation counts as rape, we at least know that CSM is not the biological father of both Fox and William.

Article source: http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/03/x-files-creator-season-11-premiere-interview/

So basically, they didn't fully think through the implications of what they were writing :lol:

Ian-S
February 6th, 2018, 01:26 PM
LOL didn't CSM say exactly the opposite in the last 10 seconds of episode 1? I'll need to rewatch it but I'm sure he said:

Fox is not Williams father, I am, I used my DNA mixed with alien DNA and impregnated her artificially (IVF), or words to that effect

I think it's obvious they never thought out the story

since they had to resort to a Dallas style resolution to the cliffhanger

Alan
February 6th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Watched Episode 1 of Season 11 on Monday. I really enjoyed it...but shocked and appalled at what I heard at the end. Sincerely hoping it isn't truth.

Got to also say that I'm not surprised that they didn't pick things up right after they left off in Season 10 simply because I thought from a production POV it would be too difficult to recreate so I'm kind of okay with them explaining it away as visions.

Mulder's voice-over though...I could maybe have done without that. There was just something off about it.

DigiFluid
February 7th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Ooh I really liked tonight's episode (1107 "Kitten"). Perfectly captured that so-very-X-Files feel of government paranoia mixed with 'so grim it's almost noir.'

And of course, the also so-very-X-Files ending; the ones that make you go 'oooh,' even though you know it'll never be addressed again :lol:

Ian-S
February 10th, 2018, 03:45 AM
Yeah you just know Walter will be back to normal enemy of the X-Files next episode and it'll never be mentioned again.

Then again, they seem to be doing a good job this season of subtlety linking the episodes to the overall story with little titbits here and there, so maybe there's hope.

Alan
February 15th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Here Are Your TXF Season 11 - Episode Titles: Part Deux
By Avi Quijada
On February 14, 2018

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1571-here-are-your-txf-season-11-episode-titles-part-deux
(http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1571-here-are-your-txf-season-11-episode-titles-part-deux)

http://xfiles.news/images/aviquijada/2018/THIS/mandsbar.jpg

Here we go, guys. Gather round, because we finally have the FINAL episode order, titles and log lines for the last four episodes of Season 11!

“Rm9sbG93ZXJz,” airing Wednesday, Feb. 28 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
Plot: In a world of ever-increasing automation and artificial intelligence, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) find themselves targets in a deadly game of cat and mouse. Episode written by Shannon Hamblin & Kristen Cloke; Directed by Glen Morgan. #XFRm9

“Familiar,” airing Wednesday, March 7 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
Plot: Mulder and Scully investigate the brutal animal attack of a little boy in Connecticut while suspecting darker forces are at play. Episode written by Benjamin Van Allen; Directed by Holly Dale. #XFFamiliar

“Nothing Lasts Forever,” airing Wednesday, March 14 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
Plot: While investigating human organ theft, Mulder and Scully uncover a mysterious cult consumed with macabre rituals. Episode written by Karen Nielsen; Directed by Jim Wong. #XFNothing

“My Struggle IV,” airing Wednesday, March 21 (8:00PM-9:00 PM ET/PT) — Season Finale
Plot: Mulder and Scully rush to find an on-the-run William (guest star Miles Robbins) while the Cigarette Smoking Man (guest star William B. Davis) pushes forward with his ultimate plan. Mitch Pileggi also stars. Annabeth Gish, Joel McHale and Barbara Hershey guest star. #XFMyStruggle4

Check out the new trailer for "Rm9sbG93ZXJz" (http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1572-sneak-peek-at-the-x-files-episode-7-rm9sbg93zxjz) and stay tuned for our usual breakdowns, upcoming promotional pictures and many other goodies to come.

Alan
March 4th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Reminder for UK X-Philes: Just wanted to remind you / make you aware that tonight (Monday, 5th March) starting at 10pm (GMT) on Channel 5 it will be a double-bill of The X-Files Season 11 episodes Ghouli and Kitten so please don't change that channel.

For those that aren't able to watch live please make sure that your recorders (DVD, Freeview, Sky, etc.) have the second episode set to record at 11pm (GMT) as well. Thank you. :)

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Dumper
March 5th, 2018, 01:02 PM
When Channel 5 start moving series around and putting it on an hour later since last week and now putting another one on at 11pm makes me wonder if they will dump it like they did with Gotham. I have no faith in them.

Alan
March 5th, 2018, 01:32 PM
When Channel 5 start moving series around and putting it on an hour later since last week and now putting another one on at 11pm makes me wonder if they will dump it like they did with Gotham. I have no faith in them.

6 episodes into a 10 episode season? I highly doubt that Channel 5 are going to be dumping it only a little over halfway into its run.

Dumper
March 5th, 2018, 03:15 PM
6 episodes into a 10 episode season? I highly doubt that Channel 5 are going to be dumping it only a little over halfway into its run.

Yes I don't mean they will just stop it mid season, if they mess around with when it's on any more I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick it up again if a new season is announced.

Alan
March 5th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Yes I don't mean they will just stop it mid season, if they mess around with when it's on any more I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick it up again if a new season is announced.

If that happened then I would dearly love for a potential Season 12 to go back to the BBC. I still can't get used to the ads after having watched 9 seasons worth of episodes with zero interruptions.

Dumper
March 6th, 2018, 11:31 AM
It's been put back to 11pm next Monday. Screw Channel 5.

Ian-S
March 6th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Isn't that what they did last year to bring the last episode up to only being a day after its US debut?

The last US episode was funny for me as an avid drone flyer since I have the exact same model they used for the little swarm, I often dream of tormenting people I don't like, like that lol

Alan
March 6th, 2018, 07:12 PM
It's been put back to 11pm next Monday. Screw Channel 5.

I know. And completely agree. They're handling The X-Files as badly as they handle the football coverage which I've resorted to recording just so I can fast forward past all the chit-chat and ads. Unfortunately I can't do the same with The X-Files. I've watched every episode live since Season 1 began in the UK all those years back and that's how I'll continue to do it adverts or no adverts.

So Channel 5 is the best we've got...for now at least.

DigiFluid
March 9th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Good episode this week. Creepy and unsettling...and I don’t want to spoil our UK friends so I will say no more :)

planet_tv
March 22nd, 2018, 06:58 PM
Beware of spoilers for X-Files S11 finale ---> The X-Files Finale: Creator Talks Scully's Shocking Ending and Where the Series Goes Next (http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-x-files-season-11-finale-scully-pregnant/)

X-Files reruns will be returning to BBCAmerica: https://twitter.com/BBCAMERICA/status/976838635579432960

DigiFluid
March 23rd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Series finale was pure and unmitigated garbage. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves and barred from making TV ever again. Holy god, this hot pile of crap actually managed to make the original show’s series finale — which itself was crap — actually look halfway decent. Holy hell.

SamJackShipper93
March 23rd, 2018, 07:10 AM
Series finale was pure and unmitigated garbage. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves and barred from making TV ever again. Holy god, this hot pile of crap actually managed to make the original show’s series finale — which itself was crap — actually look halfway decent. Holy hell.

Don't blame the cast and crew for carrying out the creator's garbage. Chris Carter is the one who should be banned from working on his own show ever again.

knowles2
March 25th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Well that final was crap.

Last season final was descent and at least move the world and X-Files onward, imagine season 11 twist the X-files are mainstream and Scully and Moulder finally have a whole team of operatives working for them. This just left it stagnant.

An really Moulder kills the smoking man by shooting him, this is the guy that got burnt alive and still survived. An chucking both of their bodies in the river was clearly just a way for them to bring them back if they decided to do a season 12.

I did like the way kid wasn't exactly good nor was he evil but somewhere in between.

An this episode could and perhaps should have started straight after episode 1, at least that way the audience would remember who these character are. An we know there another 8 episodes left to explore the effect of taking smoking man and the bloke behind the desk has on their respected conspiracies because surely both are bigger than just two men.

Alan
March 26th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Okay. So the final episode of Season 11 has just finished airing here in the UK, but just to avoid an international incident in case there are parts of the world it hasn't aired yet, I'm spoiler tagging this:

I enjoyed the final episode. I was getting bored of the William storyline and had been since Season 9 really. Whilst William somehow survived being shot through the head, I hope he slinks off into the darkness and puts himself into exile just like almost every other genetic mutant that's appeared across the 11 seasons. I never knew the kid nor did I really care about him beyond my emotional investment to him but ONLY through Mulder and Scully's POV. And then based on the opening dialogue and what little I saw of his life whilst growing up in My Struggle IV and briefly in Ghouli I didn't want a happy ending for him and The X-Files definitely did NOT need a 17-year old "X-Man" on tap. The kid was a menace to others whether they had a gun in his face or was just was a friendly guy giving him a lift in their truck.

But I am very happy knowing that Mulder and Scully believe their "son" is dead and I'm also happy with Scully's final realisation and summation of what the 17-year old pain in the *** really was - an experiment. He was never really theirs.

So hopefully Mulder and Scully have their closure as far as William is concerned and can move on together and nurture a safe and secure and danger-free pregnancy and love and raise a normal, naturally created baby free of mutant powers and conspiracies. A baby that is actually THEIRS. I want to believe in this for them.

If there is no Season 12 and this is the end of The X-Files I think they left it in a good place for these two amazing characters we've watched for 25-years.

Fox Mulder and Dana Scully have found their Truth.

Ian-S
March 27th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Yeah it wasn't bad, but then it wasn't good either, very predictable, I have to say I guessed the ending right after they previewed it before the opening credits, so I've either become an expert predictor, or the quality of writing has dropped.

There's a lot of untapped potential, neither actor seems that interested in continuing, but there does seem to be an appetite for monster of the week episodes, so why they didn't do a few more episodes and include those clone younger sidekicks in their own stories is beyond me, this is the kind of series that cannot now be rebooted (because of the revival) too soon, and if your original cast members take another dump (Gillian Anderson says she's done with it) the only way to continue now is a spinoff, they had two perfect characters, but they were relegated to a 10 second cameo in the opening episode and never seen again.

Lorne
March 27th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Okay. So the final episode of Season 11 has just finished airing here in the UK, but just to avoid an international incident in case there are parts of the world it hasn't aired yet, I'm spoiler tagging this:

I enjoyed the final episode. I was getting bored of the William storyline and had been since Season 9 really. Whilst William somehow survived being shot through the head, I hope he slinks off into the darkness and puts himself into exile just like almost every other genetic mutant that's appeared across the 11 seasons. I never knew the kid nor did I really care about him beyond my emotional investment to him but ONLY through Mulder and Scully's POV. And then based on the opening dialogue and what little I saw of his life whilst growing up in My Struggle IV and briefly in Ghouli I didn't want a happy ending for him and The X-Files definitely did NOT need a 17-year old "X-Man" on tap. The kid was a menace to others whether they had a gun in his face or was just was a friendly guy giving him a lift in their truck.

But I am very happy knowing that Mulder and Scully believe their "son" is dead and I'm also happy with Scully's final realisation and summation of what the 17-year old pain in the *** really was - an experiment. He was never really theirs.

So hopefully Mulder and Scully have their closure as far as William is concerned and can move on together and nurture a safe and secure and danger-free pregnancy and love and raise a normal, naturally created baby free of mutant powers and conspiracies. A baby that is actually THEIRS. I want to believe in this for them.

If there is no Season 12 and this is the end of The X-Files I think they left it in a good place for these two amazing characters we've watched for 25-years.

Fox Mulder and Dana Scully have found their Truth.

I like your take on the finale, Alan. :)

If this is "The End" of the show, I'm more than fine with how things were left. Even the characters left in questionable states -- individual viewers can decide for themselves what their ultimate fates may be (barring any new episodes, of course).

Content aside, I will say for the record that Channel 5's treatment of X-Files watchers was abhorrent. Delaying the premiere, burning off episodes two-a-night, airing the show later & later until the final insult of broadcasting the finale at midnight.

I live in the States, but I was pissed off on behalf of the British X-Philes community.

BGP
April 7th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Hello, we are Back Gallery Project, based in Vancouver, Canada. This May, we will be showcasing an exhibition titled as "The Making of the X-Files" in collaboration with the director of the show, and a long time gallery friend, Chris Carter. (http://www.backgalleryproject.com/upcoming.html) Starting from now, we will be hosting a series of silent auctions for the exhibited props (mostly from Mulder's office) along with the TV show's collector edition memorabilia all from the director, Chris Carter's personal collection. The first 19 items are up for bidding until April 15th and more (some items with Chris Carter's signature) will be coming up throughout this summer! Here's the link to our auction site: https://www.32auctions.com/BGPXFiles Hope to see as many of the X-Files fans there :)

planet_tv
May 14th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Fox Wants More Prison Break and 24, But Is Done with The X-Files for Now (http://www.tvguide.com/news/fox-prision-break-24-x-files/)

X-Files: Fox Has 'No Plans' for a Season 12 Following Gillian Anderson Exit (http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/the-x-files-season-12-update-canceled-fox-gillian-anderson/)

DigiFluid
May 14th, 2018, 05:50 PM
After that abomination of a season finale, I can't say I'm upset.

Looney
May 25th, 2018, 10:23 AM
SO I haven't said anything about this because both of the new seasons just ended up being a big waste of time. In my opinion the bad far outweighed the good. I will say that "the good" was great. Personally I think through both Seasons 10 and 11 there were only 3 truly outstanding episodes - 10.3 Mulder & Scully Meet The Were-Monster, 11.4 The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat, and 11.7 Rm9sbG93ZXJz. There were other decent episodes, but not many. I love these two characters, but I feel this whole reboot concept was poorly handled starting with not coming up with a better William story. So many years to make the William story great and what an utter failure. I feel terrible because there was so much potential. I will say that I liked Season 11 far more than Season 10, but I don't feel either was what they could have/should have been. I still loved the characters and their progression. I just wish their story was better.

Cold Fuzz
May 27th, 2018, 10:49 PM
After that abomination of a season finale, I can't say I'm upset.
I was hoping for something much more than a feeling of "meh" but that's pretty much what I came away with for this season finale.

SO I haven't said anything about this because both of the new seasons just ended up being a big waste of time. In my opinion the bad far outweighed the good. I will say that "the good" was great. Personally I think through both Seasons 10 and 11 there were only 3 truly outstanding episodes - 10.3 Mulder & Scully Meet The Were-Monster, 11.4 The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat, and 11.7 Rm9sbG93ZXJz. There were other decent episodes, but not many. I love these two characters, but I feel this whole reboot concept was poorly handled starting with not coming up with a better William story. So many years to make the William story great and what an utter failure. I feel terrible because there was so much potential. I will say that I liked Season 11 far more than Season 10, but I don't feel either was what they could have/should have been. I still loved the characters and their progression. I just wish their story was better.

I found the Darin Morgan episodes enjoyable, but little else to be interesting. If this is where they're leaving the series off, I'll just shrug my shoulders and just move onto something else. But my goodness, this shouldn't be how a revival would end.