No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right then no nick change for me. Me too lazy unlike Tracey who made the effort of changing her nick. Anyway I don't post other than in this thread and everyone here knows my nick so that's fine, at least you guys should know my nick considering it was made because of you guys

Caty one of the DD movies was Return to Me if I remember correctly, the other one I've seen is Playing God, although I don't remember Angelina Jolie(sp?) in it. I rented Playing God, but happened to see Return to Me when it was on the TV and didn't mind the begining as it had Joely Richardson in it who I quite like, although I've only seen her in 2 movies one is this one and the other is one where they are in a big spaceship and things start going wrong, of course I could be describing any sci-fi movie with that statement but I think it had something to do with black holes or something. How's that for a short sentence

You know Sis this is getting to be ridiculous, confusing me even when you don't mean to Of course putting that on your CV might be quite useful as if you do an out there painting or something and people get confused by it then you are bound to sell it rather quickly as it would have to be something far too intellectual for the average person to comprehend and therefore people with a lot of money would give almost anything to get it as they can then say they got it because they understood it. Now it could just be me but that did that make sense in a strange and confusing sort of way which makjes me wonder what's going on since you guys know I don't like to make sense as the various TV shows we came up with in the old forum thread would prove rather well Although I seem to be doing rather well in the short sentences which aren't really short sentences department.

In other news me I have nothing to do and so have a good excuse for not posting, I'm just being me and being lazy, but where is Sat? Just because she is working hard doesn't mean she doesn't post. Sat start posting!!

On a final note I had intended to post earlier even though I had decided not to decide when I was going to post but I couldn't access the site. I thought it was from my end but going by Tracey's post looks like the site was down or something, so was it?

And on an even more final note (must get some more notepads) I was browsing through Amazon UK and came across a few interesting comments by people on the XF dvds, where a few said that the 7th season was the worse and the 6th season had the same rating as the 9th season. It baffles the mind it does how some people can say that JD and that annoying female were viewable let alone enjoyable to watch.

lpl

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
      First of all I am totally surprised that the forum is working so well now. I am happy I can get on and finally reply to this post . It seems like ages since you posted it!
      I know, the very first time I tried I got on this morning so yay! And yep it feels so long since i've posted, but looking at the date of my last post, it's really not!!! Maybe it feels longer 'cos we've both had trouble getting on?!

LOL maybe not . *Giggles* exactly. I am sure someone thought that Einstein's theories were very weird (and still do probably).
      Or maybe Einstein came up with that exact same theory(though not by watching XF obviously)..... or maybe not!

I remember reading all your posts...and you, Sat and Loopy talked a lot about Jim and neighbours and so I decided to post .
      Oh I remember that! Sat told me not to bash Neighbours & Loopy was amazed it was still going! I'm going to have to revisit our threads & see what rubbish we typed

Exactly. It is kind of like DD, I can't think of him as anyone but Mulder. I guess it was, I was probably only a wee little girl. I do remember it though because it was the whole decade of Scott and Charlene!
      Me either come to think of it, i've seen him in a couple of films & well, he's still Mulder! *giggles* Scott & Charlene....that was when Kylie & Jason ruled the charts & everyone had the Neighbours sticker book!

...my brother said he read that Amy Acker and James Masters would be happy to do any Angel projects but the rest have not said anything yet !
      Well you never know, there's the Firefly movie & the Farscape miniseries so we might be lucky. If not then i'm happy with the way it ended.
      Yep I did watch Angel the other night, I didn't vote...I never vote . So have you voted for next weeks? I'm hoping they'll show one with Doyle in, Doyle was fab!
      It's not actually the first season of ER they're showing, but they still have Doug & Carol in so it's good enough for me

Erm, not quite yet. I get paid tomorrow (as you know ) so I may well order another one. Well why not take advantage of the boxsets being low, I am pretty sure they will go up soon and then I will moan about how I never took advantage of the low Stargate boxsets!
      Well you could always just nip into HMV! They must be back in stock on Play, 'cos I got an email this morning saying my S5 one had been posted, oh & S6 came yesterday while I was with you two! I'm trying to resist the temptation of RDA's video diary . It's a long time 'til October!

LOL oh it is. Yeah, Paris looks like a great place to go too.
      Even with all those fictional characters there.... . But yeah I agree, i'd love to go there!

*falls off her chair*...oh I was wondering when that piccie was going to be seen again. How he manages to look that good in water is beyond me!
      *giggles* It just soaks up his lovelyness & reflects it back

Oh it should...under skills 'confusing my friend Loopy with confusing posts on the X-files thread in GW'...ok so it is going a bit over the top but oh well....
      Maybe it should go after 'typing - much better since i've been online' then!

*Giggles* ok so I shall never mention them again ....
      *runs back, all screamed out* Good, that's very good to hear!!!

Oh by the way, talking about DD somewhere in this post....has anyone else heard the song 'David Duchovny' by Bree Sharp? It's sooo funny! Just thought i'd mention it.....

Oh & i'll send you & Sat the piccies when I manage to work out how to download them...my dad's not here for assistance right now!

(((((huggles)))))

Sis

Comment

This is just for Loopy - I'm actually at work now (thinking of you Tracey, stuck in the same boat!) AND I'm posting..... check out the multi tasking me

But anyhow can't stay any longer as am tres busy trying not to fall asleep.... maaaan that travelling took it out of me yesterday!!! It was worth it though

Oh and I'm officially lodging my protests now with all your RDA thunking...... DD is THE man. Come on!!!!!

Mmmmm sleep.
        Sat

Comment

Originally posted by frootloopisi
          You know Sis this is getting to be ridiculous, confusing me even when you don't mean to Of course putting that on your CV might be quite useful as if you do an out there painting or something and people get confused by it then you are bound to sell it rather quickly as it would have to be something far too intellectual for the average person to comprehend and therefore people with a lot of money would give almost anything to get it as they can then say they got it because they understood it. Now it could just be me but that did that make sense in a strange and confusing sort of way which makjes me wonder what's going on since you guys know I don't like to make sense as the various TV shows we came up with in the old forum thread would prove rather well Although I seem to be doing rather well in the short sentences which aren't really short sentences department.

Loopy, I have one word for you.... comma's!!!! Very handy(for not getting people out of breath just reading) in the short sentences that aren't really short sentences . Ok, so that's more than one word but nevermind.....

I think maybe if you're making sense in a strange & confusing sort of way then that's better than making sense in a um, sensical(?!) way. It's not not making sense but at least it's not fully making sense either, if you see what I mean('cos i'm not sure I do anymore....)

Angelina Jolie was in Playing God, i've not seen all of it, but she was 'the love interest'. Oh & that Joely Richardson film you described was Event Horizon. No idea if it had to do with black holes, but that's the only sci fi film I know she's been in.

Apparently GW has had 3 different things go wrong at the same time so people haven't been able to get on. There's an announcement by Darren in the general discussion whatsit.

And generally i've learned to ignore the people on Amazon...they're scary!!!

Sis

Comment

Hehe. Well yeah. When I had my account deleted I thought I would go with something different and hence this new nick . And I don't think any of us hardly post in any other threads anyway. This is our home basically .

You know, just reading some parts of your post confuse me (and make me laugh) so you are your usual self then .

I was a bit surprised you actually did post being as you said that you might not post for a while in your last post! But then as you had nothing to do I guess you figured why not come on here and post .

I had a little problem with getting on here today too. I had to refresh the page 3 times before it worked! Yeah it has been down quite a lot this week. And like Sis said, the GW homepage has an article on it!

Well I guess some people obviously don't have taste do they! S6 was a very good season. I never read other people's comments on Amazon anyway!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
              I know, the very first time I tried I got on this morning so yay! And yep it feels so long since i've posted, but looking at the date of my last post, it's really not!!! Maybe it feels longer 'cos we've both had trouble getting on?!
              Like I said to Loopy, it took me 3 try's to get on today. I guess that is not bad. I know I saw that. I guess it is, but it made up for it that you, Sat and I met up . Which was such a wonderful day btw .

Or maybe Einstein came up with that exact same theory(though not by watching XF obviously)..... or maybe not!
              *Giggles* well you never know. He could of but he probably just didn't have a pen and paper to write it down .

Sat told me not to bash Neighbours & Loopy was amazed it was still going! I'm going to have to revisit our threads & see what rubbish we typed
              Yep and that is why I started to post because it just seemed very fun . And I am glad I did because I met you and Sat and Loopy of course. And I had posted to you before in the 'welcome newbies thread’. LOL yep you should!

Me either come to think of it, i've seen him in a couple of films & well, he's still Mulder! *giggles* Scott & Charlene....that was when Kylie & Jason ruled the charts & everyone had the Neighbours sticker book!
              Exactly! Yep it was. Oh yes, I remember you talking about the sticker book and me being shocked as I had no idea you could get a sticker book .

Well you never know, there's the Firefly movie & the Farscape miniseries so we might be lucky. If not then i'm happy with the way it ended.
              That is true (although Firefly doesn't look that good...I have not watched it). Yeah me too, it was way more satisfying than the XF ending anyway! No not yet...I tried to look on but sky wouldn't let me go on active. Then when I got home yesterday I was too tired . I will have a look and see if there is a Doyle one .
              Well any of the early seasons I haven't watched in ages! I guess they all look so young in them ones!

Well you could always just nip into HMV!
              Well what a surprise, I did ! I went into the big HMV after work and brought S1 (they only has S1 and 6 anyway) oh and I brought those red snoopy pjs in H&M .I am quite happy! Oh cool...what a nice thing to go home too. *Giggles* so the boxset hasn't called you yet 'Sis, come and watch RDAs video diary' .

*giggles* It just soaks up his lovelyness & reflects it back
              *Giggles* oh it does indeed .

Maybe it should go after 'typing - much better since i've been online' then!
              *Giggles* yes it should. And it is true; my typing did get so much better since I have been online and especially after posting in here .

Oh by the way, talking about DD somewhere in this post....has anyone else heard the song 'David Duchovny' by Bree Sharp?
              Nope I can't say that I have! Where did you here it?

I got the piccie of me and Sat. It is such a nice one...I hope my printer is a good little thing and prints it out nice . Waiting for the other piccies!

Oh btw hotmail is being mean again and not letting me on *argh*. I knew it would play up today! I will reply to your mail tomorrow or Sunday now .

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~
              Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 18 June 2004, 01:31 PM.

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Satori
                This is just for Loopy - I'm actually at work now (thinking of you Tracey, stuck in the same boat!) AND I'm posting..... check out the multi tasking me

But anyhow can't stay any longer as am tres busy trying not to fall asleep.... maaaan that travelling took it out of me yesterday!!! It was worth it though

Oh and I'm officially lodging my protests now with all your RDA thunking...... DD is THE man. Come on!!!!!

Mmmmm sleep.
                So you are actually taking advantage of the fast and shiny broadband at work then . Aaaawwww, I was thinking about you working too, especially when I finished at 4 as I knew you had 1 more hour left . My day wasn't that bad today actually (thank god) but I have to work again tomorrow !

I was very tired yesterday too. Such a busy day we had . But yes, so worth it. I am sooooo glad you came up and that you actually liked it and was happy to see us . Like Sis said, we so have to do it again soon!

*Giggles* so you finally posted that DD is hotter than RDA . Well I did say I like them both, just RDA more .

(((((((((huggles)))))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Like I said to Loopy, it took me 3 try's to get on today. I guess that is not bad. I know I saw that.
                  Well either my 'puter's playing up or there's still something not quite right with it, i'm having to refresh just about every page to get it to work but at least it does work in the end...otherwise I wouldn't be replying right now....obviously...

Yep and that is why I started to post because it just seemed very fun . And I am glad I did because I met you and Sat and Loopy of course. And I had posted to you before in the 'welcome newbies thread’. LOL yep you should!
                  Yeah we had lots of fun in those threads, and i'm surprised our conversation in the 'newbie' thread lasted as long as it did, by that I mean not getting chucked out of the thread by a mod ('cos it wasn't really a conversation thread now was it! More of a 'welcome newbies, do the newbie dance - how I miss that! - see you around' type thing!)
                  Ok so revisiting old threads is on my list of a million things to do then!

Exactly! Yep it was. Oh yes, I remember you talking about the sticker book and me being shocked as I had no idea you could get a sticker book .
                  Yeah, I think they might've done a second one too. I did actually get all the stickers for the first one though, it's what I spent my pocket money on!

That is true (although Firefly doesn't look that good...I have not watched it). Yeah me too, it was way more satisfying than the XF ending anyway! No not yet...I tried to look on but sky wouldn't let me go on active. Then when I got home yesterday I was too tired . I will have a look and see if there is a Doyle one .
                  Well any of the early seasons I haven't watched in ages! I guess they all look so young in them ones!
                  I have to say, I think Firefly looks quite good(it is a Joss whedon thing after all) but I didn't watch it when it was on, it must have clashed with something else, i'm hoping for repeats. Well re-repeats anyway!
                  Hehe most things are more satisfying than the XF finale anyway!
                  You know it's weird to see Mark still in it, I'm so used to watching bang up to date ones....and Romano's only just come into it...it's strange!!!

Well what a surprise, I did ! I went into the big HMV after work and brought S1 (they only has S1 and 6 anyway) oh and I brought those red snoopy pjs in H&M .I am quite happy!
                  Such a surprise! *giggles* Now you can watch the beer scene, in your new pj's! Very nice, so exactly the same as the pink ones only red? They do seem to like Snoopy in there at the minute.
                  Yep, a very nice thing to return home to, and no I haven't watched the video diary yet...i'm waiting for an opportunity!

*Giggles* yes it should. And it is true; my typing did get so much better since I have been online and especially after posting in here .
                  Hehe! All this rambling is good for typing practice!

Nope I can't say that I have! Where did you here it?
                  I have her album(it's very good) not that I bought it specifically for that song or anything *ahem*, in fact I liked it so much I bought her new one too. But that doesn't have DD on it so nevermind!
                  I tried to find a clip of it for you but I found the lyrics instead....
                  http://breesharp.com/lyrics/davidduchovny.asp

I got the piccie of me and Sat. It is such a nice one...I hope my printer is a good little thing and prints it out nice . Waiting for the other piccies!
                  Well you obviously got the other 2 (got your email & i'll reply later!) so did they print out ok?

Oh & Sat if you're reading this....just for you! http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/xfiles/gal...mulder09.shtml And not a disturbing tea cup in sight!

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis
                  Last edited by thelittlesis; 21 June 2004, 12:58 AM. Reason: the dog ate my homework....

Comment

Well either my 'puter's playing up or there's still something not quite right with it, i'm having to refresh just about every page to get it to work but at least it does work in the end...otherwise I wouldn't be replying right now....obviously.
                    It is not only just you...it has been playing up for me too. When I was replying to your PM I had to keep refreshing the page too because it said 'page unavailable' and then sometimes I had to sign in again. It really gets on my nerves sometimes. But I am on here anyway; you know I can't keep away form this thread .

Yeah we had lots of fun in those threads, and i'm surprised our conversation in the 'newbie' thread lasted as long as it did, by that I mean not getting chucked out of the thread by a mod ('cos it wasn't really a conversation thread now was it! More of a 'welcome newbies, do the newbie dance - how I miss that! - see you around' type thing!)
                    We did indeed! I wish I had been here for other threads like the 'green/blue' debate etc. But still, I came into Delphi when there were loads of mad threads with all the usual Delphi people . *Giggles* I know...it was only supposed to be 'hi, I am new here' thread but we just kind of rambled like we do in here. Hehe, mine too. Although I don't want to see some of my first posts, I think I sounded like a right idiot. I used a bit of text language at first too . I guess everyone’s first posts are a bit embarrassing!

Yeah, I think they might've done a second one too. I did actually get all the stickers for the first one though, it's what I spent my pocket money on!
                    A second one? So I take it you never had the second one then ! LOL but it was the in thing then so it was ok . I used to collect stickers to my Flintstones sticker book. I think I actually had loads of them, I wonder where they all went?

I have to say, I think Firefly looks quite good(it is a Joss whedon thing after all)
                    Well to be honest, I have not seen that much about it. Maybe I might change my mind if I ever watch one!
                    That is very true; it is not that hard to surpass the XF finale!
                    Really? So is Abby in it yet? Well I doubt it! Ok is Lucy in it? I just get confused with ER sometimes because so many characters go in and out of the show!

Such a surprise! *giggles* Now you can watch the beer scene, in your new pj's! Very nice, so exactly the same as the pink ones only red? They do seem to like Snoopy in there at the minute.
                    I knew you would have guessed . *Giggles* I can and in fact, I did . Yesterday morning before I went out to see my friend (I think I told you in the email in some form). They are like my pink ones except that my pink ones have a white snoopy in the middle of the top and a white snoopy on the pocket of the trousers, but the red ones have a huge black (well the outline anyway) snoopy on the top and a little black snoopy on the pocket (I am confusing myself ). I think they do, H&M is the only shop that I always see snoopy in...since last year I think (well the first time I saw snoopy pjs was in the H&M I went in on my holiday last year in Germany).
                    *claps* oh so you have resisted the diary...well done .

I have her album(it's very good) not that I bought it specifically for that song or anything *ahem*, in fact I liked it so much I bought her new one too.
                    Oh really, very cool . ROTFL those lyrics are sooooo funny! She is one obsessed fan. Does she sound good?

Well you obviously got the other 2 (got your email & i'll reply later!) so did they print out ok?
                    I did, I did . They are both nice too...thank you for sending me them . I haven't yet...we have just gotten a new printer (with a scanner now ) and so I am trying to get used to it all. New technology . I will try and print them soon though .

Btw...that is a good piccie of DD...Sat will love it .

Ok so I have rambled on enough for this post......

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

When I was replying to your PM I had to keep refreshing the page too because it said 'page unavailable' and then sometimes I had to sign in again. It really gets on my nerves sometimes. But I am on here anyway; you know I can't keep away form this thread .
                      Yeah it did that for me too, it went so slow & then told me there was an unknown host error, but it seems to be ok at the minute so fingers crossed! Hehe yep it's hard to stay away from!

We did indeed! I wish I had been here for other threads like the 'green/blue' debate etc. But still, I came into Delphi when there were loads of mad threads with all the usual Delphi people . *Giggles* I know...it was only supposed to be 'hi, I am new here' thread but we just kind of rambled like we do in here. Hehe, mine too. Although I don't want to see some of my first posts, I think I sounded like a right idiot. I used a bit of text language at first too . I guess everyone’s first posts are a bit embarrassing!
                      Lots of mad threads is putting it mildly! I think that blue/green thing spawned a whole number of silly threads. Well at least you didn't write a whole essay in text speak like some people have done, does english really need abbreviating that much?! I can't really remember my first post...and i'm not sure I want to either!

A second one? So I take it you never had the second one then ! LOL but it was the in thing then so it was ok . I used to collect stickers to my Flintstones sticker book. I think I actually had loads of them, I wonder where they all went?
                      I don't think so, I was very proud of the first one though *giggles* but then I was only 8 or 9. There was a Flintstones one? Shame it wasn't Winnie The Pooh!

Well to be honest, I have not seen that much about it. Maybe I might change my mind if I ever watch one!
                      That is very true; it is not that hard to surpass the XF finale!
                      Really? So is Abby in it yet? Well I doubt it! Ok is Lucy in it? I just get confused with ER sometimes because so many characters go in and out of the show!
                      Well most things i've thought have looked crappy are the things that turned out to be really good so you never know!
                      It's confusing 'cos now it's on C4 too, and Luka & Abby have just got together(she obviously doesn't know he's mine!!! ) in that one, but the one on Sky, nope Lucy's not in it, I think it's the season before. Elizabeth's not long arrived & Mark's dealing with being beaten up. So tres confusing all round really!

I think they do, H&M is the only shop that I always see snoopy in...since last year I think (well the first time I saw snoopy pjs was in the H&M I went in on my holiday last year in Germany).
                      *claps* oh so you have resisted the diary...well done .
                      Well they do seem to have cornered the market in it since then!!! Very cute though!
                      Erm...so I resisted 'til yesterday, does that count? I also watched the directors series on Full Circle too. That was quite fun....

Oh really, very cool . ROTFL those lyrics are sooooo funny! She is one obsessed fan. Does she sound good?
                      *giggles* She's such a fan! I thought you'd like it . Yeah, she's got a good voice, well I think so anyway, and it's kind of girly twangy stuff that she does......I wonder if Amazon has clips, I wonder if Amazon even has her album!!! Shall have to go check it out....

They are both nice too...thank you for sending me them . I haven't yet...we have just gotten a new printer (with a scanner now ) and so I am trying to get used to it all. New technology . I will try and print them soon though .
                      Ooooh scary new things! I have to say, our scanner, i'm still not sure how to do anything other than a basic scan & we've had it for quite a while. I'm sure you'll get to grips with it though

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Yeah it did that for me too, it went so slow & then told me there was an unknown host error, but it seems to be ok at the minute so fingers crossed! Hehe yep it's hard to stay away from!
                        Oh so I was not the only one who had that one problem. I thought I was going, er, mad . It is ok for me too *crosses fingers*, which is a total surprise but I won't knock it!

Lots of mad threads is putting it mildly! I think that blue/green thing spawned a whole number of silly threads. Well at least you didn't write a whole essay in text speak like some people have done, does english really need abbreviating that much?! I can't really remember my first post...and i'm not sure I want to either!
                        *Giggles* I think there were (love how you put 'lots' in bold too...very fitting). It’s a shame there are not as much of those silly threads anymore! Yeah, that is one good thing. I would never use tex speak in a whole essay type post...that is just wrong on so many levels! I mean, yeah I use tex speak in texes but that is because it is a tex and you only get a small amounts of characters to use in one tex. But to use it in a whole long post is not a good thing. I think I did it with some of my very first XF posts but then I stopped (thank god ).

I don't think so, I was very proud of the first one though *giggles* but then I was only 8 or 9. There was a Flintstones one? Shame it wasn't Winnie The Pooh!
                        *Giggles* well if you were only 8 or 9 then I understand the excitement . I did have a Flintstones one. I loved Flintstones, I used to watch the cartoon so much when I was little (oh and the Jetsons ) and I still watch it occasionally. Although the only place you can find them is the kid’s channel 'Boomerang'. Hehe I know, a Winnie the Pooh one would have been great...although I didn’t no anything much about Winnie the Pooh when I was little!

It's confusing 'cos now it's on C4 too, and Luka & Abby have just got together(she obviously doesn't know he's mine!!! ) in that one, but the one on Sky, nope Lucy's not in it, I think it's the season before. Elizabeth's not long arrived & Mark's dealing with being beaten up. So tres confusing all round really!
                        Oh so C4 have gotten it back in the morning too! *Giggles* yeah, Luka is pretty cute. Although I did like Carter for a long time . I hated that episode when Lucy and Carter got stabbed and Lucy died...that was a very horrific and emotional episode! Oh I think I watched the one where Mark got beaten up (think it was on my day off). It is definitely confusing! But that is ER for you .

Erm...so I resisted 'til yesterday, does that count? I also watched the directors series on Full Circle too. That was quite fun....
                        *Giggles* well sort of. But I know the temptation, RDA is hard to resist . It is a good diary though . And you said you have S5 in your email and I said Amanda's video diary is on that one. If you watch it before I get the boxset, you can tell me what it is (and the others) like .

*giggles* She's such a fan! I thought you'd like it . Yeah, she's got a good voice, well I think so anyway, and it's kind of girly twangy stuff that she does......
                        I have not seen anything quite like it before. You guessed correctly . Cool, maybe I should try and find a clip somewhere...It would be cool to actually hear how the song is played out!

Ooooh scary new things! I have to say, our scanner, i'm still not sure how to do anything other than a basic scan & we've had it for quite a while. I'm sure you'll get to grips with it though ]
                        You said it! I hate trying to figure out new things. I mean the guides they give you are totally useless so you just have to figure it out for yourself! I haven't tried it yet though; guess I will do it over the weekend when I have more time. But I do now how to print . And when you press print a little voice comes up saying 'printing in process' or something like that.

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Oh so I was not the only one who had that one problem. I thought I was going, er, mad .
                          Going? *giggles*

I would never use text speak in a whole essay type post...that is just wrong on so many levels! I mean, yeah I use text speak in texts but that is because it is a text and you only get a small amounts of characters to use in one text. But to use it in a whole long post is not a good thing. I think I did it with some of my very first XF posts but then I stopped (thank god ).
                          I know, it's like, you don't speak like that so why write like that?! And also it's not all that easy to figure out sometimes, and it's ridiculous when you put it in a song too! *cough* Avril Lavigne*cough*
                          You did? I don't remember! I don't think you did when we were talking in the 'welcome' thread..... but that would require me to go fish around in the depths of Delphi & I can't be bothered right now!

*Giggles* well if you were only 8 or 9 then I understand the excitement . I did have a Flintstones one. I loved Flintstones, I used to watch the cartoon so much when I was little (oh and the Jetsons ) and I still watch it occasionally. Although the only place you can find them is the kid’s channel 'Boomerang'. Hehe I know, a Winnie the Pooh one would have been great...although I didn’t no anything much about Winnie the Pooh when I was little!
                          Yes it was at the height of 'Neighbours' craziness . I think I have the wedding video lurking somewhere...that's quite sad really isn't it!
                          Oh The Jetsons! Or 'the Flintstones in space' as they seemed to be. All the Hannah-Barbera cartoons were cool, and it's great that they're still on somewhere! And also one of the cartoon channels does obscure things that i'd forgotten I used to watch until now, Ulysses 31 and things like that. I'm just waiting for Dogtanian to be resurrected!

Oh so C4 have gotten it back in the morning too! *Giggles* yeah, Luka is pretty cute. Although I did like Carter for a long time . I hated that episode when Lucy and Carter got stabbed and Lucy died...that was a very horrific and emotional episode! Oh I think I watched the one where Mark got beaten up (think it was on my day off). It is definitely confusing! But that is ER for you .
                          Yeah it's pretty confusing if you watch one & then the other, I think they're about 3 years apart!
                          Luka is lovely, I think I just have a thing for guys with accents at the minute , but yes I used to like Carter too . Oh that ep & the one where Mark dies, I can't watch 'cos I just ending up sobbing....it's no fun at all . And it's not often a tv show will reduce me to tears like that either.....

*Giggles* well sort of. But I know the temptation, RDA is hard to resist . It is a good diary though . And you said you have S5 in your email and I said Amanda's video diary is on that one. If you watch it before I get the boxset, you can tell me what it is (and the others) like .
                          Couldn't have put it better myself! So you're going to get the S5 one too? I have so far resisted watching those ones....so far!!! But yep if I do see Amanda's before you i'll tell you about it.

Cool, maybe I should try and find a clip somewhere...It would be cool to actually hear how the song is played out!
                          I have to say, given the nature of it, it's not my favourite song on the album! But i've just had a quick looky round Amazonius & they have it on import...with clips!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...206320-6772662

You said it! I hate trying to figure out new things. I mean the guides they give you are totally useless so you just have to figure it out for yourself! I haven't tried it yet though; guess I will do it over the weekend when I have more time. But I do now how to print . And when you press print a little voice comes up saying 'printing in process' or something like that.
                          I hate the ones that show you what your screen should look like, 'cos it never looks the same! That's why it's always best to let someone else figure it out first & then tell you, in english...no computery speak nonsense, how to work it .
                          Oooh it speaks to you? I'm not sure i'd like that, I think it'd drive me batty after a while!!!

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Going? *giggles*
                            very funny. Well, ok, maybe ‘a bit loopy’ would have been better .

I know, it's like, you don't speak like that so why write like that?! And also it's not all that easy to figure out sometimes, and it's ridiculous when you put it in a song too! *cough* Avril Lavigne*cough*
                            You did? I don't remember! I don't think you did when we were talking in the 'welcome' thread..... but that would require me to go fish around in the depths of Delphi & I can't be bothered right now!
                            Exactly. Although some people do use slang words when they speak so maybe that is why. I have no idea...maybe it is just laziness! I just know it is really annoying because it is so hard to read it sometimes! *Giggles* why did I know that you would use Avril Lavigne when you started to talk about music?
                            I think I did...well maybe not a lot. I think I just used 'u' and 'r' a lot and things like that. Probably because I was so used to writing texes but not used to typing posts. But look at me now .

Yes it was at the height of 'Neighbours' craziness . I think I have the wedding video lurking somewhere...that's quite sad really isn't it!
                            Oh The Jetsons! Or 'the Flintstones in space' as they seemed to be. All the Hannah-Barbera cartoons were cool, and it's great that they're still on somewhere! And also one of the cartoon channels does obscure things that i'd forgotten I used to watch until now, Ulysses 31 and things like that. I'm just waiting for Dogtanian to be resurrected!
                            *Giggles* I think I remember you saying it was the 'in' thing in schools at that time too. Oh really? Hm, if I say it is sad you would probably hit me so I am saying 'no comment' .
                            Yay...The Jetsons we so cool I loved Judy Jetson . Oh yes, I remember watching the Flintstones in space...weird but cool. Oh they were, Tom and Jerry and the rest . I have never heard of Ulysses 31, what is it? Oh but I have heard of Dogtanian, now that was very funny. Oh and Hong Kong Phooey and Top Cat. Oh I could so go on for ages about all those old cartoons .

Luka is lovely, I think I just have a thing for guys with accents at the minute , but yes I used to like Carter too . Oh that ep & the one where Mark dies, I can't watch 'cos I just ending up sobbing....it's no fun at all . And it's not often a tv show will reduce me to tears like that either.....!
                            He is. And I felt really sorry for him at the end of the current season when Sam left him. Even though she had ok reasons, it was still mean! Carter isn't in it so much any more though. And a few weeks ago I read in the Mirror that Alex Kingston (Elizabeth) has not had her contract renewed because she is 'too old'. I thought they might do that, as she was not in this season much! It seems as though they are phasing out the older cast members!
                            Oh I cannot watch the one where Mark dies, that is just too much *sniffle*.

Couldn't have put it better myself! So you're going to get the S5 one too? I have so far resisted watching those ones....so far!!! But yep if I do see Amanda's before you i'll tell you about it.
                            I think I might...well they won't be at this price forever so why not take advantage of it now and get them all before the go back up to the expensive region! LOL well when you can’t resist no longer you can tell me .

I have to say, given the nature of it, it's not my favourite song on the album! But i've just had a quick looky round Amazonius & they have it on import...with clips!
                            *Giggles* I love how you call it 'Amazonius' . Ok so I just listened to the little clip...it sounds sooooo funny. Her voice is quite all right actually. 'Smitten' sounds quite good too!

I hate the ones that show you what your screen should look like, 'cos it never looks the same! That's why it's always best to let someone else figure it out first & then tell you, in english...no computery speak nonsense, how to work it .
                            Oooh it speaks to you? I'm not sure i'd like that, I think it'd drive me batty after a while!!!
                            Oh that is so true. And some books sometimes don't even have English versions. How are you supposed to know what to do if you are English? *Giggles* oh yep, let someone else do it first and then you can take as long as you like to figure it out for yourself .
                            It does indeed speak to me...and it say's 'printing finished' at the end. I think it is actually quite cool. But you never know, it may get on my nerves soon!

((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

very funny. Well, ok, maybe ‘a bit loopy’ would have been better .
                              *giggles* Whatever you say!

Exactly. Although some people do use slang words when they speak so maybe that is why. I have no idea...maybe it is just laziness! I just know it is really annoying because it is so hard to read it sometimes! *Giggles* why did I know that you would use Avril Lavigne when you started to talk about music?
                              I think I did...well maybe not a lot. I think I just used 'u' and 'r' a lot and things like that. Probably because I was so used to writing texes but not used to typing posts. But look at me now .
                              Yeah it's not really the same as slang though, it's just basically abbreviations so you're not typing away on your phone for 10 mins(although that's generally how long it takes me anyway....'cos i'm not used to it!). Hehe well you can't really not point it out, 'cos there's not really any point to it...you sing in whole words so why not use them!!! And honestly, spelling boy with an i instead of a y???? It's still the same amount of letters!! Ok so before we started talking about this I didn't realise I had such an issue with it!
                              *giggles* Uhuh, look how far you've come!

*Giggles* I think I remember you saying it was the 'in' thing in schools at that time too. Oh really? Hm, if I say it is sad you would probably hit me so I am saying 'no comment' .
                              Yay...The Jetsons we so cool I loved Judy Jetson . Oh yes, I remember watching the Flintstones in space...weird but cool. Oh they were, Tom and Jerry and the rest . I have never heard of Ulysses 31, what is it? Oh but I have heard of Dogtanian, now that was very funny. Oh and Hong Kong Phooey and Top Cat. Oh I could so go on for ages about all those old cartoons .
                              I'm really not that mean!!! But the no comment thing is very wise !
                              Ulysses 31, well I can't really remember what it's about but I do remember it was set in space...maybe I should watch it again & see how awful it is . I loved Dogtanian....the 3 musketeers as cartoon dogs - genius! *giggles* Oh & there was also Mysterious Cities of Gold, which went on & on & on, oooh & the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon too!!! Ok i'm going to stop before I regress anymore....

He is. And I felt really sorry for him at the end of the current season when Sam left him. Even though she had ok reasons, it was still mean! Carter isn't in it so much any more though. And a few weeks ago I read in the Mirror that Alex Kingston (Elizabeth) has not had her contract renewed because she is 'too old'. I thought they might do that, as she was not in this season much! It seems as though they are phasing out the older cast members!
                              Oh I cannot watch the one where Mark dies, that is just too much *sniffle*.
                              Yeah bless him! Didn't you just want to hug him! I read that too, but you know, as you said she didn't have much of a storyline this season, so they may have just thought they'd done all they could with the character. I don't know, it's all speculation really isn't it. And Kerry's still in it, she's an older cast member.....
                              I can watch the one before it where they get the letter from Elizabeth but not the one in Hawaii...it's far too depressing .

*Giggles* I love how you call it 'Amazonius' . Ok so I just listened to the little clip...it sounds sooooo funny. Her voice is quite all right actually. 'Smitten' sounds quite good too!
                              It's just asking for an 'ius' to be put on the end of it quite frankly! Ooh so you liked, cool! I can copy the album for you if you want. I think the only song i'm not that keen on is Guttermouth, but other than that it's very good!

Oh that is so true. And some books sometimes don't even have English versions. How are you supposed to know what to do if you are English?
                              You guess, & then let someone who knows what they're doing fix the mess you've made by guessing!
                              Let me know when the novelty of a speaking printer wears off!

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Just posting a quickie post as I am going out soon. Just wanted to let know no I am alive . I shall reply to this post and your email hopefully tomorrow. I know you know I will reply eventually though .

Btw Sat, where are you????

(((((((huggles)))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X