PDA

View Full Version : X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Alan
May 16th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Oh la la. Good call!

Thanks! :D

I can't wait to see her play Mulder. I also expect David with heels and red hair. Mmhmm.

Speaking of, I wonder if Scully will still be a redhead. I hope so.

LOL Should be an interesting look for David.

I have no doubts whatsoever that Scully will be a redhead again. Gillian herself has said she can't wait to go red again. :)

Alan
May 26th, 2015, 02:49 PM
The X-Files: David Duchovny says the new script made him cry
'X-Files' star talks Fox's eagerly awaited revival—and says he's up for a second season
by James Hibberd • @JamesHibberd
Posted May 26 2015 — 12:42 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/26/x-files-david-duchovny

David Duchovny says the first page of The X-Files revivial script made him cry—and it’s fantastic.

“I got the first script this morning,” the actor told EW during a recent interview. “I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying reading the first page. It was just so strange to see the names on the page. It had nothing to do with the script itself. It was just like, I’d been talking about this for a long time. We’d been planning it for a long time. It took a long time to get all the people in the same place and get the deal with Fox. So let’s say two years we’ve been talking about doing it. Now it’s the fun part. Now we actually get to do it. That was nice and strangely emotional for me, and I’ll have to figure out how to use that [in the performance].”

But what about the script itself? “I can tell you absolutely nothing—and it’s fantastic,” Duchovny said.

We actually did managed to get a little more out of the actor, who’s reuinting his former co-star Gillian Anderson as they tackle new paranormal mysteries in the return of their iconic series next January. Fox has ordered six episodes, which have been shrouded in mystery. So we asked Duchovny whether he could reveal if the new episodes would feature stand-alone mysteries or have a mythology that weaves through the mini-season. “Even though there’s only six, there will be a mix,” he said. “It’s not really The X-Files without the mythology.”

Other former co-stars, such as Mitch Pileggi (Walter Skinner) and William B. Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man) are back too. On the writing side, series creator Chris Carter is back, along with original writers Glen Morgan and James Wong (Vince Gilligan is not involved, sadly).

That Fox only ordered six episodes have led some to assume X-Files will only be a limited-series return, or a miniseries. Yet Duchovny revealed that he’s interested in more.

“I would be open to doing another cycle,” Duchovny said. “I don’t know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don’t know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn’t bring it back with the idea of ending it.”

Is there anything about becoming Fox Mulder again that he’s not happy about? “Probably running through the forest at four in the morning.”

Janet Fraiser
May 29th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Oh, my god I think I may start crying myself. Really.

Is there anything about becoming Fox Mulder again that he’s not happy about? “Probably running through the forest at four in the morning.”

Somebody hold me. Misty forests are such an important setting to the X-Files that I can associate the two outside of the context of the show. I remember an SG-1 episode, maybe Bane, that showed a stretch of highway cutting through a forest, and I was reminded of the X-Files. Either that or someone mentioned the similarity and/or inquired if it had been a shooting spot for the X-Files. I'll have to see if they ever shared any shooting locations.

Alan
May 29th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Oh, my god I think I may start crying myself. Really.

Somebody hold me. Misty forests are such an important setting to the X-Files that I can associate the two outside of the context of the show. I remember an SG-1 episode, maybe Bane, that showed a stretch of highway cutting through a forest, and I was reminded of the X-Files. Either that or someone mentioned the similarity and/or inquired if it had been a shooting spot for the X-Files. I'll have to see if they ever shared any shooting locations.

Those episodes which featured scenes in rainy forests at day or night were what made those first 5 seasons the most atmospheric and creepy. Something that seemed to get lost when the show moved to LA for season 6 through to s9. The last movie, I Want to Believe, which returned to the locations used through s1 to s5 recaptured that atmosphere brilliantly and it is very good that the up and coming s10 will be doing the same thing too!

Janet Fraiser
May 30th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Those episodes which featured scenes in rainy forests at day or night were what made those first 5 seasons the most atmospheric and creepy. Something that seemed to get lost when the show moved to LA for season 6 through to s9. The last movie, I Want to Believe, which returned to the locations used through s1 to s5 recaptured that atmosphere brilliantly and it is very good that the up and coming s10 will be doing the same thing too!

You're so right about the atmosphere. It's left such an impression on me even after all these years.

Oh, I didn't even know the show switched filming locations halfway through. I'll have to watch out for that during my re-watch. What I remember from I Want to Believe was the icy wilderness but not much else. I also don't remember what happened in the first movie.

All the more reason to begin said re-watch, obviously. :p I'm getting very tempted to start today, in fact, but I've already paused my SG-1 re-watch for another show, and I'm afraid that if I get into the X-Files now, I'll never get back to Stargate, which is a painful thought.

Alan
May 30th, 2015, 02:40 PM
You're so right about the atmosphere. It's left such an impression on me even after all these years.

Oh, I didn't even know the show switched filming locations halfway through. I'll have to watch out for that during my re-watch. What I remember from I Want to Believe was the icy wilderness but not much else. I also don't remember what happened in the first movie.

All the more reason to begin said re-watch, obviously. :p I'm getting very tempted to start today, in fact, but I've already paused my SG-1 re-watch for another show, and I'm afraid that if I get into the X-Files now, I'll never get back to Stargate, which is a painful thought.

Ditto.

You'll notice it. The last episode in S5 is actually set in Canada as a sort of goodbye present and right from the very first opening shot in S6 you'll know that the show is out of Canada and now in La-la land.
As for the first movie...don't forget to watch that between S5 and S6 on your re-watch. That's where it fits in the continuity. :)

Keep going with your re-watch of your other shows. The X-Files doesn't return to US TV until January 24th 2016. I think, depending on how quickly you watch, you'll have got through re-watching all 9 seasons and the two movies by then.

Krisz
May 30th, 2015, 04:12 PM

I remember reading somewhere that they filmed in Vancouver because the grey/bluish light, as well as the rainy misty days gave the show the surreal, brooding atmosphere the creators wanted. The light in California is a softer pinkish light and this is what I really noticed when the show moved back to Hollywood for season 6 onwards. I agree that the show did lose that dark foreboding atmosphere when it moved.

When they start filming in Vancouver in a few days I have to wonder where they are going to find that dark misty atmosphere as the weather has been unusually dry and sunny. Also July and August are normally the driest and hottest months, this year it may be even hotter given that we didn't really have a winter to speak of, not the usual amount of rain and hardly any snow on the mountains resulting in a bad ski season. We haven't had many grey misty days in the forests this year. Vancouver hasn't lived up to its reputation for rain and dark grey skies this year that's for sure!

I'm trying to think of exact locations that were used in both the X-Files and Stargate, but I will have to rewatch the first 5 seasons of the X-Files again to see which I recognise since I know where many locations Stargate used are, I live in one, so that one's easy lol! I'm thinking they will have used certain locations that are quite popular and seem to turn up in many shows like 'Jack's cabin' and the Vancouver Art Gallery for instance.

Alan
May 30th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they filmed in Vancouver because the grey/bluish light, as well as the rainy misty days gave the show the surreal, brooding atmosphere the creators wanted. The light in California is a softer pinkish light and this is what I really noticed when the show moved back to Hollywood for season 6 onwards. I agree that the show did lose that dark foreboding atmosphere when it moved.

When they start filming in Vancouver in a few days I have to wonder where they are going to find that dark misty atmosphere as the weather has been unusually dry and sunny. Also July and August are normally the driest and hottest months, this year it may be even hotter given that we didn't really have a winter to speak of, not the usual amount of rain and hardly any snow on the mountains resulting in a bad ski season. We haven't had many grey misty days in the forests this year. Vancouver hasn't lived up to its reputation for rain and dark grey skies this year that's for sure!

I'm trying to think of exact locations that were used in both the X-Files and Stargate, but I will have to rewatch the first 5 seasons of the X-Files again to see which I recognise since I know where many locations Stargate used are, I live in one, so that one's easy lol! I'm thinking they will have used certain locations that are quite popular and seem to turn up in many shows like 'Jack's cabin' and the Vancouver Art Gallery for instance.

I think in retrospect I understand what you heard about the lighting differences between Canada and LA. There's bound to be changes in tone given the different environments.

I think for filming in Vancouver for the new season that if rain is needed they'll create their own.

I have absolutely no idea about what locations were later reused for Stargate SG-1 or its spin-offs. It'll be interesting to hear about what they were though.

Alan
May 31st, 2015, 04:16 PM
William B. Davis Confirms Return of Cigarette-Smoking Man And More.
Published: Friday, 29 May 2015 19:43
Written by Patricia Silva

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/630-william-b-davis-confirms-return-of-cigarette-smoking-man-and-more

What we've been hearing unofficially for some time, we now have it confirmed officially from the man himself: TV's favorite villain is back! Design & Trend (http://www.designntrend.com/articles/52477/20150528/the-x-files-spoilers-william-b-davis-confirms-return-cigarette-smoking-man-teases-mulder-scully-relationship-status-revival.htm) has the scoop. Davis has mentioned in an interview with Den of Geek (http://www.denofgeek.us/) that the man is coming back for the show's 6-episode revival. "I am definitely in some of the episodes and I am definitely on the first episode."

Davis says Chris Carter is keeping secret as to what way he will appear in the episode, but he is definiltely in. Some might be surprised by the return of the Smoking Man, but we all know that one really dies in The X-Files. "As an actor it's good for me, it's good for my career and it's stimulating. I had no hesitation, I would have been quite disappointed if the show had been done without me and I think a lot of fans would have been disappointed as well" said Davis.

Davis also hints as to what we can expect out of Mulder and Scully's relationship: Spoilers follow... "I asked Chris if Mulder and Scully were a couple like they were at the end of the series and the indication was no, they were apart. Now whether they've been a couple or separated or if they go back in time they've never been a couple, I don't know. It seems like it's going to be a somewhat different take than the finale left us in."

You can read all of Den of Geek's interview with William B. Davis here (http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-x-files/246005/the-x-files-return-of-a-cigarette-smoking-man).

Alan
June 2nd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Gillian Anderson's panel at Dallas Comic Con 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jlIctMT6JpU

Janet Fraiser
June 2nd, 2015, 01:14 PM
^ Ooh, that looks quite lengthy. I'll watch it later. :)

Great observations. I wonder if most of what I remember of the show is from the early seasons since I always think of those grey nights in misty forests? I do remember them being more mysterious than the later years, but I may have attributed that more (in my memory) to the fact that the storylines were just beginning to develop.

Come to think of it, my memory of the later seasons, specifically 9, has the show in an orange light with lots of warm, earthy tones.

Ah, that's so cool! How lucky. I really need to visit Vancouver one day. Apart from it just being a city I've wanted to visit for years, I'd like to scope out a lot of these shooting locations that so many shows have used. I'll keep a lookout while watching the X-Files as well, though I'm sure you'd have a much better idea of which locations might have been used in both.

Alan
June 3rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
X Files writer Glen Morgan tweets pictures during pre-production:
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s267/the-x-files/news/a650840/x-files-writer-glen-morgan-tweets-pictures-during-pre-production.html

Alan
June 4th, 2015, 02:33 AM
All 9 Seasons of The X-Files Now Restored in HD
Published: Wednesday, 03 June 2015 22:43
Written by Avi Quijada | Editor-In-Chief

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/639-all-9-seasons-of-the-x-files-now-restored-in-hd

All 9 seasons are now confirmed as restored. Illuminate, the company behind the restoration of 24 and Star Trek: the Next Generation, spoke about the process that went into bringing all the 201 episodes to High Definition quality just in time for a pre-Revival Rewatch.

The original article says all the episodes have now been released to Netflix, but as of this publication not all of them are available in HD just yet.

You can read more about how illuminate was able to restore the series from the original camera negatives here (http://advanced-television.com/2015/06/03/x-files-digitally-restored-for-netflix/).

Alan
June 5th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Joel McHale Joins #XFilesRevival:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/638-joel-mchale-joins-xfilesrevival

----------------------------------------

Aliza Vellani Joins The X-Files Revival:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/643-aliza-vellani-joins-the-x-files-revival

Alan
June 5th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Could ‘The X-Files’ Revival Feature a Sequel to Classic ‘Home’ Episode?
Friday, June 5th, 2015 at 8:34am PST - by Kevin Melrose

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/06/05/could-the-x-files-revival-feature-a-sequel-to-classic-home-episode/

Mulder and Scully may be returning home in more ways than one.

TVLine (http://tvline.com/2015/06/04/the-x-files-home-again-season-10-episode-2-glen-morgan/) reports the second episode of Fox’s limited-series revival of “The X-Files” is titled “Home Again,” and suggests it may be a sequel to the celebrated, and disturbing, 1996 installment “Home.” (http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Home_%28episode%29)

Devotees will recall the standalone Season 4 episode, which marked the return of writers Glen Morgan and James Wong, brought Mulder and Scully (stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) to Home, Pennsylvania, to investigate the death of an infant with severe birth defects. There they discover the inbred Peacock clan, which hasn’t left its isolated farm in decades. We’ll just leave it at that …

While the title “Home Again” isn’t exactly proof of a connection, TVLine offers up more evidence: The new episode is also written by Morgan, it too will air as the second episode of the season (well, such that it is), and it arrives nearly 20 years after the original.

The website also throws in the name of “Home Again’s” Monster of the Week, which instead of strengthening the case may weaken it: the intimidating, creepy and immeasurably strong “Band-Aid Nose Man,” who’s described as “a powerful, violent and frightening ‘thought’ come to life.”

We’ll know for sure when the second episode of "The X-Files” revival airs Jan. 25 on Fox.

Alan
June 5th, 2015, 05:41 PM
[Spoiler] Chris Carter Teases on Instagram:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/645-spoiler-chris-carter-teases-on-instagram

Alan
June 6th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Dana Scully Is Back! Gillian Anderson Dyes Hair Red for 'The X-Files' Reboot:
http://www.etonline.com/news/165763_gillian_anderson_dyes_hair_red_for_the_x_files_reboot/

Krisz
June 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
^ Ooh, that looks quite lengthy. I'll watch it later. :)

Great observations. I wonder if most of what I remember of the show is from the early seasons since I always think of those grey nights in misty forests? I do remember them being more mysterious than the later years, but I may have attributed that more (in my memory) to the fact that the storylines were just beginning to develop.

Come to think of it, my memory of the later seasons, specifically 9, has the show in an orange light with lots of warm, earthy tones.

Ah, that's so cool! How lucky. I really need to visit Vancouver one day. Apart from it just being a city I've wanted to visit for years, I'd like to scope out a lot of these shooting locations that so many shows have used. I'll keep a lookout while watching the X-Files as well, though I'm sure you'd have a much better idea of which locations might have been used in both.

I'd be happy to join you for location visits when you finally get to Vancouver. I've driven a few Stargate fans around over the years and always have fun reminiscing about the episodes filmed there with fellow fans. I still lived in the UK when the X-Files aired originally and had no idea that it was filmed in Vancouver at that time. When I re-watched it a couple of years ago it was weird to actually know where some of those locations were.

In some ways living in Vancouver has its downside with knowing where episodes are filmed as sometimes it ruins the idea of where a particular episode is set. Hard to imagine it to be a place in the US or another country when it's a place just up the road. I'm sort of hoping I don't recognise the locations in the new X-Files. For that reason watching SGU's 'Cloverdale' is spoiled for me in a way as I just can't believe it to be this 'fictional' little American town when I live around the corner from the street it was filmed on. I haven't watched that episode since I moved there lol!

Shows like Supernatural and Fringe did a lot more tighter filming so you can't always see where they are filming, so helps a bit for me.

Alan
June 8th, 2015, 07:25 PM
And so it begins...
https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/608071055198949377/photo/1

Annoyed
June 9th, 2015, 11:27 AM
And for those who want to "appreciate" Gillian Anderson in a little more detail...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/04/gillian-anderson-reveals-too-much-in-nude-dress/

Alan
June 9th, 2015, 02:56 PM
#XFilesRevival - Day 1 - The Chair Edition:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/649-xfilesrevival-day-1-the-chair-edition

-------------------------------

#XFilesRevival - Day 2 - [Spoilers] Edition:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/650-xfilesrevival-day-2-spoilers-edition

Alan
June 10th, 2015, 04:37 AM
#XFilesRevival - Day 3 - Overnight Fun:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/651-xfilesrevival-day-3

Alan
June 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM
The X-Files
@thexfilesfox (https://twitter.com/thexfilesfox)

EXCLUSIVE: Your first look at Mulder and Scully! #TheXFiles (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheXFiles?src=hash)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJlbOkUIAEo8rw.jpg:large

Alan
June 11th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Exclusive: Set pictures from #XFilesRevival - Day 2:
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/featured-slideshows/652-exclusive-set-pictures-from-xfilesrevival-day-2

Alan
June 12th, 2015, 06:28 AM
David Duchovny: Going Back For 'X Files' Revival Is Like 'Looking At An Old Photo':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkIM4TQUcs#t=92

Alan
June 25th, 2015, 10:26 AM
The X-Files returns: EW has the exclusive first look and stories from the set
by Jeff Jensen • @EWDocJensen
The X-Files
Posted June 25 2015 — 10:44 AM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/25/this-weeks-cover-x-files-returns

They’re heeeere! David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have reuinted as Mulder and Scully for The X-Files revival series, and EW was first on the scene, getting the scoop as cameras rolled during the very first week of production.

On an abandoned farm on the outskirts of Vancouver B.C., we found paranormal detectives Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) investigating the curious case of a possible alien abductee (played by Annet Mahendru of The Americans) at the behest of a most curious ally, the host of a conservative talk show (Community’s Joel McHale (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/03/x-files-revival-books-joel-mchale-guest-star)). Of course, the last time we saw our heroes (the 2008 feature film The X-Files: I Want To Believe), Mulder and Scully were out of the bizarre-adventures business. He was living on the fringe, she was a doctor working at a Catholic hospital; they were sometimes lovers who just wanted the weird world to leave them alone. Much has changed for them since then.

“Mulder’s not in a great place,” says Duchovny, looking shabby (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/10/mulder-scully-x-files-first-look) in gray tee, shoes without shoelaces, and much stubble. “He’s wearing bad jeans, so you can just extrapolate from my wardrobe. He’s in a dark, dark place.”

Scully’s looking more put-together in a skirt suit and high heels. “I like where we find Mulder and Scully in their relationship,” says Anderson, adding that she’s equally engaged by the political resonance of the story Chris Carter has conceived for the revival. “I also like the area of zeitgeist that we step in to. It’s on point and raises some very interesting issues. And question marks.”

Carter — whose original series tapped into the anxious strains of 1990s culture — says the new series is inspired by new century concerns. “The X-Files ended right after 9/11,” says Carter. “A lot has happened since then. A lot of rollback of rights and liberties in the name of our protection. We’re being spied on now, we’re being lied to — all things that, for me, remind me of when I grew up, which was right around Watergate. I think we’re in similar and much more dire times right now.”

The new X-Files isn’t all scary political allegory. In addition to a hot take on the show’s conspiracy mythology (http://www.ew.com/article/05/14/x-files-david-duchovny-reboot-mythology), fans will get monster-of-the-week episodes from Carter and three other key writers from the original series, James Wong, Glen Morgan, and Darin Morgan, whose inspired, idiosyncratic scripts from back in the day (“Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose”; “Jose Chung’s ‘From Outer Space’”) earned him a cult following. The title of his revival offering: “Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-Man.” And sorry, internet, but you’re wrong: The second episode, entitled “Home Again,” won’t be a sequel to the infamously queasy horror opus “Home,” a lunatic love story about deformed, inbred children and the limbless mother they keep under their bed.

While you can expect to see some old faces (including Mitch Pileggi as FBI boss Skinner and William B. Davis as the nefarious Cigarette Smoking Man), don’t expect to see the same old monsters. “We’re not going to reboot any of the old favorites, although it was something we all thought about,” says Carter. “These are all brand new stories. We hope to scare you in brand new ways.”

For more on The X-Files, pick up this week’s issue of (http://backissues.ew.com/storefront/subscribe-to-entertainment-weekly/link/1030352.html) Entertainment Weekly (http://backissues.ew.com/storefront/subscribe-to-entertainment-weekly/link/1030352.html), on stands Friday.

Alan
June 25th, 2015, 12:12 PM
'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
Mulder and Scully (and Joel McHale), Chris Carter, Annet Mahendru, a peek at the first script, and more pics previewing series revival:
http://www.ew.com/gallery/x-files-season-10-first-look-photos/2226458_david-duchovny-and-gillian-anderson?hootPostID=460db235763c775860d0f48d0eac18c1

Janet Fraiser
June 25th, 2015, 09:42 PM
^ While you post the relevant content, I just want to post this sexy photo because it's sexy

http://i.imgur.com/UVcmpcr.jpg

Oh, yes. Ohoho yes.

I need this magazine.

Also, she's blonde!

Morgania
June 25th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I prefer the red hair. Oh, I just realized my library has all the seasons. (Re-watch time.)

Alan
June 26th, 2015, 04:24 AM
^ While you post the relevant content, I just want to post this sexy photo because it's sexy

http://i.imgur.com/UVcmpcr.jpg

Oh, yes. Ohoho yes.

I need this magazine.

Also, she's blonde!

I prefer the red hair. Oh, I just realized my library has all the seasons. (Re-watch time.)

My friends and fellow X-Philes...re: the hair...the cover of the magazine suggests there is actually an in-universe eXplanation for it. It isn't something that is a mistake on the part of The X-Files crew but actually done by Scully on purpose...temporarily I assume. :)

Janet Fraiser
June 26th, 2015, 09:20 AM
My friends and fellow X-Philes...re: the hair...the cover of the magazine suggests there is actually an in-universe eXplanation for it. It isn't something that is a mistake on the part of The X-Files crew but actually done by Scully on purpose...temporarily I assume. :)

Yeah, I noticed that text on the cover, but I didn't see the explanation for it online. That's OK, I'm going to try to pick up the magazine soon. I hope it's in stock at the grocery store because I'm far away from any bookstores, sadly.

Alan
June 26th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I noticed that text on the cover, but I didn't see the explanation for it online. That's OK, I'm going to try to pick up the magazine soon. I hope it's in stock at the grocery store because I'm far away from any bookstores, sadly.

I'm not sure there will be a full answer in the magazine about the hair anyway. I think that'll be left to the show tbh...but you never know. :) I'm hoping to pick up a copy of the mag too. I might do a scanned copy of the cover, frame it, and put it up on my wall. :D

Alan
June 26th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Gillian Anderson on why she's wearing a wig to play Scully in The X-Files revival:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/26/x-files-gillian-anderson-why-im-wearing-wig-play-scully

Decoding the 'X-Files' set: What does it all mean?
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/25/decoding-x-files-set

Janet Fraiser
June 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
“There’s a big dialogue about my f—ing hair"

lmao

Never change, Gillian.

Also, I feel bad for her, always dyeing it and having to wear that wig... I've never dyed my hair, so I can't imagine it being that damaged and having it fall out at the slightest touch. :/

I'm not sure there will be a full answer in the magazine about the hair anyway. I think that'll be left to the show tbh...but you never know. :) I'm hoping to pick up a copy of the mag too. I might do a scanned copy of the cover, frame it, and put it up on my wall. :D

Oooh, great idea!

Morgania
June 26th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Now that I think about it, I haven't seen much of the series past season seven.

Most remember episodes- Ice, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Small Potatoes, and the Rain King. Then also something with a genie.

Alan
June 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
lmao

Never change, Gillian.

I don't think there's any danger of that. :D

Also, I feel bad for her, always dyeing it and having to wear that wig... I've never dyed my hair, so I can't imagine it being that damaged and having it fall out at the slightest touch. :/

I can't imagine what she must be having to suffer through for her art by having that net thing keep her hair firmly compressed for that wig. I don't blame her for not going down the dye route. If it were me I know that I'd sooner keep my hair than damage and potentially lose it.

Oooh, great idea!

Thanks! Many years ago I used to have this poster (http://lvei.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/the-x-files-fight-the-future-poster.jpg) for the first X-Files movie framed up. It was only the size of an A4 piece of paper but I thought it looked great!

Most remember episodes- Ice, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Small Potatoes, and the Rain King. Then also something with a genie.

I've just finished my re-watch of The X-Files tonight...well apart from still needing to get around to watching the 2008 movie and then after that its just a matter of waiting for Season 10 in January!

Janet Fraiser
June 26th, 2015, 05:24 PM

I don't know why, but every time I see the title Small Potatoes, I mistake it for the episode Bad Blood, which I *think* was a funny episode.

I'm definitely also due for a re-watch, but not until I'm done with Stargate.

One episode that sticks out in my memory is Darkness Falls... mostly because of this (http://delightfullyvague.tumblr.com/post/80408859452/the-x-files-scullys-darkness-falls-jacket).

:D

Morgania
June 26th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Since I already re-watched season one fairly recently, I'm getting season two from the library. Small Potatoes has a Stargate actor, right?

Janet Fraiser
June 27th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Since I already re-watched season one fairly recently, I'm getting season two from the library. Small Potatoes has a Stargate actor, right?

Found this on the Stargate wiki

Paul McGillion (as Angry husband from the episode "Small Potatoes")

Laughed more than I should

Morgania
June 27th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Found this on the Stargate wiki

Laughed more than I should

Haha! I want to see the episode again now.

Alan
June 30th, 2015, 05:21 PM
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson
The X-Files stars goof around in these exclusive outtakes during Entertainment Weekly's cover shoot.
http://www.ew.com/gallery/x-files-season-10-first-look-photos/2226523_annet-mahendru?hootPostID=9ad9ccb147c184c1a99673570c9b18fe

--------------------------------------------------

New Photo: Gillian Anderson as Scully on The X-Files Set
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/24658/new-photo-gillian-anderson-as-scully-on-the-x-files-set/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tvi

Alan
July 1st, 2015, 08:37 AM
Why Mulder and Scully Not Living Together is Actually a Good Thing… For Now…
Published: Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:19
Written by Leane Pupo | Guest Blogger

http://www.xfilesnews.com/blogs/guest-bloggers/686-why-mulder-and-scully-not-living-together-is-actually-a-good-thing-for-now

“We can tell you that they’re not living together…” are words that nearly broke every shipper’s heart upon reading the spread about The X-Files Revival in EW (http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/678-ewxfr). However, know that this is not as bad as you may think. In fact, look for consolation in “frustrated lovers Mulder and Scully” a couple of lines before. Why? Because this does not mean they are not seeing each other.

Let’s take a step back and review why not living together, may truly be the best thing for their successful future as a couple.

The X-Files has always been a Sci-Fi Drama above all else. The Unresolved Sexual Tension (or UST) between the two star characters is one of the many driving forces. As Chris Carter has said, Mulder loves Scully and Scully loves Mulder. This is undeniable and what has held the X-Files together. I mean, would you go to Antarctica for a co-worker?

However, a few things have always been very clear. Mulder is a dark man that can easily fall into a dark place. Scully is a rock. While we can see Scully rise and rise, it is not as simple for Fox Mulder.

Mulder has a very messed up family history. His father is not his father, his parents divorced, his sister was abducted, and on and on. His past lovers and experience with women have not been the greatest either. The fact remains that Fox Mulder is damaged goods. That is one of the things we LOVE about him. He has an extremely obsessive personality and fixates on things.

Now let’s look at their relationship. It is canon that Scully invited Mulder to her bed “on one lonely night” and kicked off their relationship as lovers. Dana Scully has always loved Mulder and enough was enough. She needed to break the wall. So we can all assume the physical began around Season 7. We can also tell that this was very new. By the end of the season, what happens? Mulder gets abducted. Nice…

When he returns, he learns that not only was he buried alive but lost many months. Lo and behold, Scully, his lover, is super pregnant. Not just a little pregnant. Then what he says makes clear sense, “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to sound cold or ungrateful. I just… I have no idea where I fit in.” To add insult to injury, he is no longer in the FBI, the Lone Gunmen are dead, and he has the drive to look for the truth and protect Scully and their baby. Mulder once again leaves. When he returns the final time, he learns the date of the impending alien invasion, Scully put their son up for adoption, and he is sentenced to death… Yep, this is all really healthy on a person’s psyche. So now, Scully and him run away and go into hiding.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe showed that Scully, who didn’t need to hide, is making a career for herself. Mulder has been isolated for years from others and is now cleared to be out in the open. Great! This paves us for the Revival. But what did we learn? Mulder and Scully were never allowed to heal and develop themselves as individuals and were forced into huge decisions they were not ready to make. I do not care how much love there is between a couple; if you do not know who you are or where you fit into the world, you cannot have a successful coupling.

We know Doctor Dana Scully has her career and seems to be quite successful. How can a man that has known nothing but chasing aliens and tearing down conspiracies, has lost everything, and watched the date come and go without a massive change… how can he not go into a dark and obsessive place?

What is the point of them living in their own spaces? Growth. They now have the opportunity to fix themselves and have a normal development, to a healthy relationship, as a true couple. A relationship that wasn’t forced to make the choice of moving in together too soon. One that can hopefully heal and recover from the loss of their son. There is so much to be answered, but I have a great sense of hope.

On another note, I would expect angsty fights, and sexual tension, and that these will get resolved. These were things we loved between the characters. To believe things would be lovey-dovey and pie-in-the-sky, would be unfaithful to the characters and the writers. Also, with only six episodes in line, things should resolve and progress quickly. Mulder and Scully complete each other. That is the beauty of their partnership, friendship, and love. So, Shippers, dry your tears. This is the best thing that can happen to them right now.

M&S will always be M&S.

Alan
July 1st, 2015, 04:48 PM
10 essential X-Files episodes every fan should watch, according to creator Chris Carter
by Jeff Jensen • @EWDocJensen
Posted June 30 2015 — 1:07 PM EDT

www.ew.com/article/2015/06/30/chris-carter-picks-his-top-ten-essential-x-files-episodes

When The X-Files returns as a six-episode event series next year, the good news is it will appeal to both old fans and newbies to the show.

In fact, show creator Chris Carter told EW that viewers won’t even need to have seen the original series to understand and appreciate the reboot — but because it’s been off the air since 2002, we asked him to pick the 10 essential episodes that everyone, fans and those new to the show, should catch up on before the new season hits in January.

1. “Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1)
The one that introduced Mulder, Scully, their defining characteristics, their relationship, their world.

2. “Deep Throat” (Season 1, Episode 2)
This ep introduces the idea of a government conspiracy/cover-up of E.T. activity and a mysterious informant, code-named Deep Throat.

3. “Beyond the Sea” (Season 1, Episode 13)
The episode that sees Scully become the believer after the death of her father overlaps with the case of an allegedly psychic serial killer.

4. “The Erlenmeyer Flask” (Season 1, Episode 24)
There’s a shocking death, and from this point forward, the conspiracy storyline become the driving narrative of the show.

5. “The Host” (Season 2, Episode 2)
There’s something sinister lurking in the sewers in this classic monster-of-the-week episode. One word: Flukeman.

6. “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose” (Season 3, Episode 4)
In one of the greatest X-Files episodes ever (the only one to win a writing Emmy), Peter Boyle guest stars as a morbid psychic.

7. “Memento Mori” (Season 4, Episode 14)
Though it features the usual alien rhetoric, this episode is best remembered as the one in which Scully learns she has cancer, launching a major character arc.

8. “Post-Modern Prometheus” (Season 5, Episode 5)
A Frankenstein-inspired tale about a lovelorn monster, it’s notable for its beautiful black-and-white cinematography.

9. “Bad Blood” (Season 5, Episode 12)
The signature episode from a young Vince Gilligan, Mulder and Scully investigate a vampire case told in flashback from both Mulder and Scully’s POV.

10. “Milagro” (Season 6, Episode 18)
A favorite of The X-Files writing staff, Mulder and Scully contend with an author whose gruesome fiction becomes reality.

Janet Fraiser
July 2nd, 2015, 02:02 PM
I actually wasn't expecting them to be living together. I figured there'd still be that sexual tension, and they'd still be living their somewhat separate lives. Glad to see that thread continued.

Also, that's an interesting list. I wonder why Bad Blood is on there?

New Photo: Gillian Anderson as Scully on The X-Files Set
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/24658/new-photo-gillian-anderson-as-scully-on-the-x-files-set/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tvi

I'm amazed that people noticed this was a wig. I still can't see it.

Alan
July 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
I actually wasn't expecting them to be living together. I figured there'd still be that sexual tension, and they'd still be living their somewhat separate lives. Glad to see that thread continued.

Well I'm a little upset that they aren't still living together as they had been in I Want to Believe...but I'm happy that whilst they aren't living together, I get the impression that their feelings for each other haven't changed and they're still committed to each other...i.e. not involved with other people.

Also, that's an interesting list. I wonder why Bad Blood is on there?

Maybe Gillian convinced Chris to put it on? It is her favourite episode after all.

I'm actually surprised that the Season 3 episode Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' and the Season 4 episode Home didn't make it on to the list.

I'm amazed that people noticed this was a wig. I still can't see it.

Ditto. Until that EW article I had no idea. I looked closer at the pictures afterwards and I can't see it either.

Alan
July 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Mitch Pileggi at Citynet Magazine
Published: Sunday, 05 July 2015 21:01

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/696-mitch-pileggi-at-citynet-magazine

AD. Skinner *ahem* Mitch Pileggi, had some time to chat up with the folks at Citynet Magazine and we have the video for you!

Enjoy the awesome little nod to all X-Philes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HRk0I4lLZcs

Alan
July 6th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Mitch Pileggi @ MTL Comiccon 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3wdyiMwrtI

Janet Fraiser
July 6th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Maybe Gillian convinced Chris to put it on? It is her favourite episode after all.

I'm actually surprised that the Season 3 episode Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' and the Season 4 episode Home didn't make it on to the list.

Oh, I didn't know that was her favorite episode. Can't wait to re-watch it. :D

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' was by Darin Morgan, wasn't it? Hm, maybe he just wanted to choose the best of Morgan's episodes for the list, Clyde Bruckman being the Emmy winner and all.

Speaking of Darin Morgan, I'm so glad he's back!

Mitch Pileggi at Citynet Magazine
Published: Sunday, 05 July 2015 21:01

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/696-mitch-pileggi-at-citynet-magazine

AD. Skinner *ahem* Mitch Pileggi, had some time to chat up with the folks at Citynet Magazine and we have the video for you!

Enjoy the awesome little nod to all X-Philes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HRk0I4lLZcs

Fandom shoutout, whoo!

I just love how the actors keep saying that they naturally fell back into their characters as if a day hadn't passed since the end of the show. Amazing.

Alan
July 6th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Oh, I didn't know that was her favorite episode. Can't wait to re-watch it. :D

Yes, yes! ASAP! :D

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' was by Darin Morgan, wasn't it? Hm, maybe he just wanted to choose the best of Morgan's episodes for the list, Clyde Bruckman being the Emmy winner and all.

It was by Darin Morgan and I see your point. Still a shame though.

Speaking of Darin Morgan, I'm so glad he's back!

Ditto!

Fandom shoutout, whoo!

I just love how the actors keep saying that they naturally fell back into their characters as if a day hadn't passed since the end of the show. Amazing.

Mitch being as brilliant as always!

Indeed. I really cannot wait to see these wonderful group of actors back together on screen again as Mulder and Scully, Skinner and Cigarette-Smoking Man! Hopefully they won't be the only characters from the first 9 seasons returning but I understand the reasoning why. At this point its more important to re-establish the groundwork of the show and the key characters.

Alan
July 7th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Some blink-and-you'll-miss it NEW footage from the new season of The X-Files showing Mulder and Scully back in action!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JoIRNja8pMc

Morgania
July 10th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Best season two episodes? I really only remember 'Sleepless'.

Alan
July 12th, 2015, 07:51 AM
The X-Files Revival: Frank Spotnitz Is Becoming a Fan Again and Offers X-Files Easter Eggs
Chris Longo 7/10/2015 at 2:47PM
Frank Spotnitz tells Den of Geek he won't be returning to work on The X-Files, but offers easter eggs in his new Amazon series...

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-x-files/247597/the-x-files-revival-frank-spotnitz-is-becoming-a-fan-again-and-offers-x-files-easter-eggs

For Frank Spotnitz, timing is everything right now. His new series, The Man in the High Castle, is set to premiere its second episode at SDCC 2015 (http://www.denofgeek.us/sdcc-2015), more than six months after the pilot broke Amazon viewing records and debuted to overwhelming critical acclaim.

With the series in the middle of shooting its 10-episode order, that leaves the former X-Files executive producer and writer on the outside looking in at the series revival.

“I talk with Chris [Carter] every week,” Spotnitz told Den of Geek at SDCC 2015. “But I’m not involved The X-Files[/B] revival]. It’s very bittersweet because I never stopped wanting this to happen and supported the fans.”

Having been so closely tied to the mythology arc after joining the show in season two and staying through the finale (as well as co-writing the 2008 film [I]I Want to Believe) fans hoped to see Spotnitz join Carter, Glen and Darin Morgan, and James Wong as they reunite for The X-Files revival set to air in January on Fox. Instead, he’ll be joining the fans.

“I came on The X-Files in season two, and I watched season one as a fan. Now I feel like I’m back at the beginning watching this as a fan. I’m enjoying that part of it.”

Spotnitz may be occupied at the moment, but he still keeps The X-Files in mind. He even put some easter eggs into Man in the High Castle for X-Philes that crossed over.

“In the pilot episode, there’s a truck that Joe Blake drives, ‘Lariat Trucking,’ and Lariat was the rental car company in The X-Files,” he says. “You’ll see a lot of X-Files faces because we’re shooting in Vancouver again.”

We’ll have plenty more from Spotnitz and the cast of Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle...

Alan
July 17th, 2015, 02:58 AM
The X-Files Revival - Teaser Footage
Published: Thursday, 16 July 2015 22:39

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/728-the-x-files-revival-teaser-footage

You know it, X-Philes! More footage surfaced tonight during Wayward Pines' episode. Here it is for your enjoyment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CFJnWwh12j0

Morgania
July 17th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Nearly finished watching season two. Saw the episode with Teryl Rothery yesterday.

Alan
July 17th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Nearly finished watching season two. Saw the episode with Teryl Rothery yesterday.

Also be sure to watch out for future Stargate Universe star Jamil Walker Smith in S2's Fresh Bones, future Stargate Atlantis star Jewel Staite in S3's Oubliette and future Stargate SG1 / Atlantis star Amanda Tapping in S3's Avatar.

Morgania
July 17th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Oh, Colin Cunningham was in one of the episodes too. Getting season three from the library next. Are sea monster episodes?

Janet Fraiser
July 20th, 2015, 10:39 AM

When I found out Teryl had been in Stargate and looked up the episode, I immediately got chills. I think I only watched that one once or twice, but I still remember being disturbed by it, and without even looking up her character, I knew who she played. I felt so bad for her character, ugh!

I also remember looking up info relating Teryl to the X-Files, and I came across some magazine that said to have an interview with her about working with Gillian and David, but it wasn't posted online. I wonder if that info is still available somewhere.

Also be sure to watch out for future Stargate Universe star Jamil Walker Smith in S2's Fresh Bones, future Stargate Atlantis star Jewel Staite in S3's Oubliette and future Stargate SG1 / Atlantis star Amanda Tapping in S3's Avatar.

Man, I'm going to turn into such an X-Files/Stargate shipper. :P I remember seeing Hammond for the first time and thinking of Scully's father, and Amanda definitely left an impression in her episode with Skinner. I'll definitely be on the lookout for other Stargate alums this time around. So many actors I know had guest appearances on the X-Files before they were famous, so I can't wait for this.

Oh, Colin Cunningham was in one of the episodes too. Getting season three from the library next. Are sea monster episodes?

I just checked the season three DVDs, and I'm not sure about any eps with sea monsters. There's Quagmire, but I don't remember if that actually has sea monsters.

There's also Piper Maru, which seems to take place on a salvaged ship, but I think that might be when the black oil starts. I haven't looked up any of the eps in detail so as to avoid spoilers.

Was that what you were asking?

Morgania
July 20th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Looked up Quagmire, it has a lake monster. That works.

Seems like they could have other stuff set in the ocean. It can be mysterious.

Alan
July 20th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Død Kalm is a season 2 episode which takes place at sea but it doesn't feature any sea creatures.

Re: actors that appeared in The X-Files and then went on to appear in Stargate...there was obviously Cigarette Smoking Man actor William B. Davis who appeared in a season 8 and season 9 episode of Stargate SG-1 and in the S2 episode Red Museum, Elisabeth Rosen went on to appear in two episodes of SG-1 as Cadet / Lieutenant Jennifer Hailey.

And someone was asking about Colin Cunningham? He appeared in three episodes of The X-Files. He appeared in the S2 episode End Game, S3 episodes 731 and Wetwired.

Morgania
July 21st, 2015, 04:35 PM
I saw him in 'Endgame', and went "Who is that? Oh, it's Major Davis".

Alan
July 22nd, 2015, 01:39 PM
I saw him in 'Endgame', and went "Who is that? Oh, it's Major Davis".

Yes, he gets around. :)

Alan
July 22nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Agent Doggett will definitely not be part of The X-Files revival
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a659618/agent-doggett-will-definitely-not-be-part-of-the-x-files-revival.html#~pjcxoj1m91HrRI

-----------------------------------------------

Lone Gunmen to Return For ‘X-Files’ Revival
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/22/lone-gunmen-to-return-for-x-files-revival/

The X-Files Revival - 4th Episode Title and More.
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/742-the-x-files-revival-4th-episode-title-and-more

According to The X-Files' official twitter account (https://twitter.com/thexfilesfox):

Ready for more new footage of #TheXFiles (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheXFiles?src=hash)? Tune in to @WaywardPinesFOX (https://twitter.com/WaywardPinesFOX) tomorrow night at 9/8c on @FOXTV (https://twitter.com/FOXTV)!
— The X-Files (https://twitter.com/thexfilesfox) (@thexfilesfox (https://twitter.com/thexfilesfox)) July 22, 2015

Alan
July 24th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Mulder & Scully Return in the Latest Teaser
Published: Thursday, 23 July 2015 23:11
Written by Roileigh Ollson | Managing Editor

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/744-mulder-and-scully-return-in-the-latest-teaser

Mulder and Scully are back! And they're talking this time! Mulder and Scully saying something to each other on your television in 2015. Can you believe it? We can. Check out the new X-Files teaser that aired tonight during Wayward Pines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKFxAJ8yH-8

Janet Fraiser
July 24th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I dunno 'bout you, Scully, but I'm ready.

God, I remember that being an FBI Special Agent was my dream job when I was around twelve years old. All because of Mulder and Scully. :')

Alan
July 24th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Mulder & Scully Return in the Latest Teaser
Published: Thursday, 23 July 2015 23:11
Written by Roileigh Ollson | Managing Editor

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/744-mulder-and-scully-return-in-the-latest-teaser

Mulder and Scully are back! And they're talking this time! Mulder and Scully saying something to each other on your television in 2015. Can you believe it? We can. Check out the new X-Files teaser that aired tonight during Wayward Pines:

I dunno 'bout you, Scully, but I'm ready.

God, I remember that being an FBI Special Agent was my dream job when I was around twelve years old. All because of Mulder and Scully. :')

As a kid, being an FBI Agent was something I'd wanted to be after watching Mulder and Scully too.

Morgania
July 24th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Got season three from the library today. Planning to watch this evening.

Janet Fraiser
July 25th, 2015, 10:56 PM
As a kid, being an FBI Agent was something I'd wanted to be after watching Mulder and Scully too.

Haha! I wonder how many other kids they inspired? The X-Files was pretty much my intro to science fiction, too, so I have this series to thank for getting me into Stargate and the Alien movies, all three franchises being my favorites in the genre. :D

Got season three from the library today. Planning to watch this evening.

Lucky! I listened to the Truth and the Light soundtrack today as a little taster for when I can finally begin my re-watch. That whole score is really amazing, and I love how instantly recognizable the songs are.

Morgania
July 26th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I should know by now not to fall asleep with the X-Files on. (Not boring at all, I started an episode when I was getting sleepy.)

Speaking of songs, that one Filter song is a little creepy now.

Alan
August 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
[Spoiler] Guess who's set to return to The X-Files!
Published: Friday, 07 August 2015 21:07

http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/774-spoiler-guess-who-s-set-to-return-to-the-x-files

TV Line announced today a piece of news that had been bouncing off and on lately. We at XFN are super happy to confirm it is true. Hover over for the details. These could be classified as SPOILERS, so you're warned.

According to TV Line (https://tvline.com/2015/08/07/the-x-files-scullys-mom-sheila-larken-episode-2/), Spoilers follow... Sheila Larken is part of the 2nd episode of The X-Files revival. As you may know, this episode is written and directed by Glen Morgan and titled "Home Again". Additional sources mentioned that she was also part of the series 4th episode, "Babylon" though this remains unconfirmed.

We'll inform more as it comes.

Janet Fraiser
August 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM
So, I've just gotten back into using tumblr again, and can I just say that it's probably a good thing that I haven't been watching the show yet? I think some people went into full-on meltdown mode when they found out M/S broke up and still haven't recovered. :P

Alan
August 8th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Well I was pretty gutted when I heard the news about M/S. :( But I have supreme confidence that they'll find their way back to each other through the darkness again as they always do. :)

Morgania
August 8th, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'm on season four now. Do I need to watch the first movie before season six?

Alan
August 8th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I'm on season four now. Do I need to watch the first movie before season six?

Yes. It fits between seasons 5 and 6. :)

Morgania
August 8th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Drat! My library doesn't have that movie.

Alan
August 8th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Drat! My library doesn't have that movie.

Well you're only on Season 4 so you've got plenty of time to find it and you will I'm sure. :) The Truth Is Out There. :)

Morgania
August 8th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Actually I watched season five first. The library didn't have four in until recently.

Alan
August 8th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Actually I watched season five first. The library didn't have four in until recently.

That's a shame you're not being able to watch them in order.

Morgania
August 8th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Yeah, the library is still out of season one.

Alan
August 9th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Yeah, the library is still out of season one.

I hope it returns to your library soon.

Janet Fraiser
August 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Well I was pretty gutted when I heard the news about M/S. :( But I have supreme confidence that they'll find their way back to each other through the darkness again as they always do. :)

See, you're optimistic. Pretty much everyone I've seen is convinced that the world has ended and that the revival is going to tank for various reasons. I didn't know Chris Carter was so disliked in the fandom.

Anyway, I don't share the opinions, but like I said, I'm not exactly caught up with the show to have much of an opinion at the moment. :P

Alan
August 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM
See, you're optimistic. Pretty much everyone I've seen is convinced that the world has ended and that the revival is going to tank for various reasons. I didn't know Chris Carter was so disliked in the fandom.

Anyway, I don't share the opinions, but like I said, I'm not exactly caught up with the show to have much of an opinion at the moment. :P

I try my best to stay optimistic. But it is typical behaviour for fans of any show to see or hear something about an upcoming new series to jump-the-gun and criticise without knowing the full facts about why something has happened. I like to try and see the bigger picture.

As for Chris Carter...is he hated? I'll be honest, interacting with my fellow X-Philes isn't something I've done a lot of. But I don't get that impression he is hated. If he is its by a small minority I think. He's done something that those minority don't like so he's bound to come under fire and get ridiculous and outrageous threats and things said about him. All showrunners just need to take this stuff on the chin and move on.

Well I for one look forward to hearing what you have to say once you have caught up. :)

Morgania
August 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM
So... best episodes of season six?

Alan
August 10th, 2015, 05:05 PM
So... best episodes of season six?

A great deal of them I think. I look forward to hearing what stood out for you.

Alan
August 10th, 2015, 06:02 PM
News/ The X-Files' Mulder and Scully Break Up—Why That's Actually Exciting!
by Chris Harnick Today 2:06 PM PDT

http://uk.eonline.com/news/684873/the-x-files-mulder-and-scully-break-up-why-that-s-actually-exciting

Your time in the broken-up couple spotlight is over, Kermit and Miss Piggy (http://www.eonline.com/news/683062/miss-piggy-and-kermit-the-frog-have-broken-up), now it's The X-Files Mulder and Scully's turn. Yes E! News has learned the iconic X-Files partners-turned-partners are no longer together. But before you go praying to your UFO "I Want To Believe" poster, hear me out: This is a good thing!

It's been seven years since we saw David Duchovny (http://uk.eonline.com/news/david_duchovny) and Gillian Anderson (http://uk.eonline.com/news/gillian_anderson) as the beloved FBI agents/paranormal investigators and that was in The X-Files: I Want To Believe, a movie not everybody loved. Their last scene together on screen? Rowing off into the sunset (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6novQYW7c), quite literally.

A lot can happen in seven years and a lot can happen in the six episodes Fox is giving viewers this winter. Don't go off halfcocked calling for a boycott or tweet campaign to get them back together. Let the story be told.

Some of the best episodes of The X-Files took place before Mulder and Scully knocked boots and had (and then gave away) William. But just because they're broken up doesn't mean they'll go back to that previous partner dynamic. The split lets Chris Carter and the writers play with something entirely new. We've seen them as strangers, as friends, as lovers and now something so different it's exciting. Bring on the new dynamic! Embrace the change.

From the clip, which isn't going to be released to the public just yet, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between them. In fact, Scully goes to Mulder out of concern and he speaks at length about his newest take on the big conspiracy theory. At one point Mulder even says, "The truth is out there." Both get very heated.

It's a new take on Mulder and Scully, one that was perhaps necessary. Yes, there can still be friction between a married couple (even Duchovny and Anderson have been quick to point out they were never really sure what the characters were in I Want to Believe) working together, but would fans tolerate seeing the break up on screen only to have them get back together again by the end of episode six or leave them in relationship limbo? Full disclosure: We here at E! News don't yet know if they'll end up back together. With this current path, viewers get something new and game changing. Seeds of hope can be planted for those who want the duo back together. It's the next chapter for Mulder, Scully, The X-Files and X-Philes everywhere.

Regardless of their status, they're still quite the pair. As viewers everywhere know, you can't really replicate the dynamic and chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson, so let's enjoy the new Mulder and Scully relationship status. Let's enjoy the new X-Files. And don't forget the most important fact: they're coming back!

If you're still not sold, at least know Duchovny and Anderson still are on great terms in real life. See the above birthday tweet Duchovny sent to "G woman."

The X-Files returns to Fox on Sunday, Jan. 24.

Alan
August 11th, 2015, 07:11 PM
The X-Files revival is bringing back Annabeth Gish as FBI Special Agent Monica Reyes
By Justin Harp
Tuesday, Aug 11 2015, 8:24pm EDT

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s267/the-x-files/news/a662991/the-x-files-revival-is-bringing-back-annabeth-gish-as-fbi-special-agent-monica-reyes.html

Annabeth Gish (http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrities/annabeth-gish/) is returning to the world of The X-Files for the 2016 revival.

FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) will cross paths with their former colleague Agent Monica Reyes in next year's miniseries.

The storyline reason for why Agent Reyes will meet Mulder and Scully once again remains a mystery for now.

Gish was a staple of the final two seasons of The X-Files, when David Duchovny was only a part-time player on the Fox series.

Other returning cast members include Mitch Pileggi (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a643046/x-files-revival-mitch-pileggi-to-return-as-assistant-director-skinner.html) as Assistant FBI Director Walter Skinner, Sheila Larken as Scully's mother (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a662461/the-x-files-revival-series-adds-another-original-star-as-sheila-larken-is-set-to-return.html) and William B Davis as the devious Cigarette Smoking Man (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a639879/x-files-david-duchovny-spoke-too-soon-about-smoking-man-return.html).

Bruce Harwood, Tom Braidwood and Dean Haglund will be back as the conspiracy-obsessed Lone Gunmen (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a659690/the-x-files-is-bringing-back-the-lone-gunmen-for-the-2016-miniseries.html) once again as well.

Aside from the returning stars, The X-Files revival will also introduce new characters played by Joel McHale (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a655616/joel-mchale-is-really-excited-to-star-in-the-x-files-ive-seen-every-episode.html), Annet Mahendru (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a655273/the-americans-star-annet-mahendru-will-be-an-alien-abductee-in-the-x-files.html), Kumail Nanjiani (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a659504/the-x-files-superfan-kumail-nanjiani-gets-the-role-of-a-lifetime-in-the-shows-2016-revival.html), Rhys Darby (http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a656997/the-truth-is-out-there-flight-of-the-conchords-rhys-darby-is-a-part-of-the-x-files-revival.html), Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose.

The X-Files returns to Fox for six new episodes on Sunday, January 24, 2016. Watch a teaser below:

Morgania
August 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM
A great deal of them I think. I look forward to hearing what stood out for you.

Will do. That might be a while, as I am going on a kinda holiday tomorrow.

Alan
August 20th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Dailies | ‘X-Files’ Stars Mitch Pileggi, Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny Photobombed by POTUS (Photo):
http://www.thewrap.com/x-files-mitch-pileggi-gillian-anderson-david-duchovny-photobomb-barack-obama-photo/

Morgania
August 27th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Got season six from the library. Liked the first two episodes. Now watching 'Triangle'.

ajay
August 27th, 2015, 06:47 PM
So... the Lone Gunmen making a reappearance... is that based on the S10 comics? Because (spoilering for those who haven't seen the show)
they died in Jump The Shark on the show. But I think I remember in the comic that they faked their death and went on the run. Do you think they will follow the comic in the reboot?

Alan
August 28th, 2015, 05:27 AM
So... the Lone Gunmen making a reappearance... is that based on the S10 comics? Because (spoilering for those who haven't seen the show)
they died in Jump The Shark on the show. But I think I remember in the comic that they faked their death and went on the run. Do you think they will follow the comic in the reboot?

The TV show and the comic are two completely different things. They're separate continuities that follow on from the 2008 movie.

Morgania
August 28th, 2015, 11:01 PM
I've been going through season six really fast. (Don't move to planned communities with too many rules. It can be dangerous.)

Alan
August 29th, 2015, 03:43 AM
I've been going through season six really fast. (Don't move to planned communities with too many rules. It can be dangerous.)

Glad to hear you managed to get s6 from your library. I hope you aren't moving too fast through the episodes so you can savour and enjoy them.

Morgania
August 29th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I'm almost done, actually. There are so many shippy hints this season.

Alan
August 29th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I'm almost done, actually. There are so many shippy hints this season.

Yeah, there's a lot. It was a very good season for the M/S 'ship. :)

Morgania
August 29th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I started shipping around season four. It's Mulder's fault.

What are some good episodes from season seven?

Janet Fraiser
September 2nd, 2015, 07:17 PM
ANNABETH!

I saw her Instagram post the other day. Ahhhhhh! It's so wonderful to see her again.

Honestly, her episodes are some of my favorites. Ugh, I can't wait to see Reyes. Hopefully she tells us what Doggett has been up to. ;)

Alan
September 2nd, 2015, 07:21 PM

ANNABETH!

I saw her Instagram post the other day. Ahhhhhh! It's so wonderful to see her again.

Honestly, her episodes are some of my favorites. Ugh, I can't wait to see Reyes. Hopefully she tells us what Doggett has been up to. ;)

Sorry guys, I'll respond to you ASAP. :o

In the meantime:

X-Files Wraps Up Filming As Twin Peaks Preps Production:
http://screenrant.com/x-files-revival-twin-peaks-production/

Janet Fraiser
September 2nd, 2015, 10:13 PM
Aw, I'm sorry to hear filming is over now. Everyone is really emotional about it, but I think I'm going to be the only one starting to get emotional later this year.

I will never not be emotional about the fact that Reyes is back, though.

Alan
September 3rd, 2015, 02:35 AM

I think I was shipping Mulder and Scully from episode 1 of season 1.

As for good episodes from S7...again there are loads and its all down to personal preference. I look forward to hearing what yours were.

ANNABETH!

Yes, its great that Annabeth Gish is returning to play Reyes again! I just want to see her share more scenes with Mulder to make up for the real lack of them in S8 and S9. Did you not know she was returning? I reported on it further up this page.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear filming is over now. Everyone is really emotional about it, but I think I'm going to be the only one starting to get emotional later this year.

I will never not be emotional about the fact that Reyes is back, though.

It's a shame that filming is done. But I remain hopeful that David, Gillian, Annabeth and Mitch will return for an 11th series. :D

Morgania
September 3rd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Who is Annabeth? Oh, I am getting the Millennium show from the library too.

Alan
September 3rd, 2015, 08:54 AM
Who is Annabeth? Oh, I am getting the Millennium show from the library too.

Annabeth Gish played FBI Special Agent Monica Reyes in the 8th and 9th seasons of The X-Files.

Morgania
September 3rd, 2015, 03:24 PM
Oh, I haven't gotten to those seasons yet. Now watching "The Sixth Extinction".

Alan
September 10th, 2015, 03:05 PM
The X-Files is back: Everything you need to know about guest stars, returning characters and an alien conspiracy:
By Justin Harp
Thursday, Sep 10 2015, 12:30 BST
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s267/the-x-files/feature/a667006/the-x-files-is-back-everything-you-need-to-know-about-guest-stars-returning-characters-and-an-alien-conspiracy.html#ixzz3lNKIriDW

The truth is most definitely out there - The X-Files is returning for a limited event series on Fox next year.

Here's everything we know about the return of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents Mulder and Scully - in honour of the show's 22nd anniversary today (September 10):

The Basics

Fox will air the first new episodes of The X-Files since 2002 as part of a two-night special event on Sunday, January 24 and Monday, January 25.

X-Files creator Chris Carter both writes and directs the season première 'My Struggle', while night two's 'Home Again' comes from classic series writer Glen Morgan.

All six episodes have been penned by veterans of the science fiction series, with James Wong and Glen's brother Darin Morgan also on board for single episodes.

In all, Carter has written half of the event series' six stories, which will mix the overarching alien mythology (more on that later) with Monsters-of-the-Week.

Also back is composer Mark Snow, whose haunting X-Files score set the tone for many science fiction shows and movies that followed.

Like in the first five seasons of the classic X-Files, this miniseries has been filmed on location in Vancouver.

New faces

Joel McHale, Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose are all joining The X-Files

In the vein of Marita Covarrubias, X and Deep Throat before him, newcomer Joel McHale has a key role in the return of The X-Files as an important ally for Mulder.

McHale is playing conservative newsman Tad O'Malley, who clues Mulder into a mystery involving alien abductee Sveta (Annet Mahendru).

Tad O'Malley is expected to be a recurring presence throughout the season - at least in episodes based on The X-Files' alien conspiracy.

Mulder and Scully will also encounter two younger FBI agents in their travels - the dashing Agent Miller (Robbie Amell) and his red-headed partner Agent Einstein (Lauren Ambrose). Sound familiar?

Other newcomers include X-Files superfan and Silicon Valley star Kumail Nanjiani, Chuck's Vik Sahay and Flight of the Conchords comedian Rhys Darby.

...and Some Old (Dead?) Ones

Mulder and Scully have been off the road for quite a while, so they're going to need all the help they can get solving this new mystery.

Thankfully, their old FBI boss Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and fellow agent Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish) will be around to presumably lend a helping hand.

Much more curious is the production team's revelation that William B Davis's devious power-broker The Cigarette-Smoking Man and Mulder's confidants The Lone Gunmen will all figure into the miniseries.

If you're asking how that's possible since all four characters were killed off in the past... well, we are too!

Although rarely a character at the forefront of The X Files, Scully's mother Margaret (Sheila Larken) will be re-visited as well.

One familiar face you shouldn't expect to see is Robert Patrick, who confirmed in July that he'd not been asked back to reprise his role as FBI agent (and resident sceptic) John Doggett.

What is... The Truth?

Chris Carter and his staff are naturally keeping the broad strokes of the upcoming storyline a secret, but bits of key information have leaked.

The threat of alien colonisation of earth from Fox's previous X-Files series will be picked up again - with some significant tweaks.

To start with, Carter will apparently answer why an alien invasion of earth did not occur on December 22, 2012 - as predicted by The Smoking Man in 2002's series finale 'The Truth'.

Episode one and six are linked by titles - 'My Struggle' and 'My Struggle II' - and are likely to be mythology-based.

An 18-second teaser released in July tipped a few more clues, showing law enforcement officers investigating a downed spaceship.

"Are you ready for this Scully," a dishevelled Mulder asks in the clip, with his partner answering: "I don't know if there's a choice."

Duchovny and co have been dropping hints all year

Earlier in the year, leading man Duchovny revealed that these six new episodes will blend mythology with standalone mysteries.

"We're gonna do both," he revealed in March. "I'm pretty sure it's gonna begin and end with the mythology."

The most tantalising of titles is for episode two - 'Home Again' by X-Files veteran Glen Morgan.

There was initial speculation that 'Home Again' would be a sequel to Glen Morgan and James Wong's horrifying 1996 episode 'Home' - although Carter later clarified that this is not the case.

'We're not going to reboot any of the old favourites, although it was something we all thought about," Carter told Entertainment Weekly. "These are all brand new stories. We hope to scare you in brand new ways."

All we know about 'Home Again' is that it will feature a villain called The Band-Aid Nose Man - who was described by TV Line as being "intimidating, odd, weary, creepy and immeasurably strong".

We have even fewer details about the three other episodes, other than their highly-intriguing titles: 'Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster' (February 1), 'Babylon' (February 8) and 'Founder's Mutation' (February 15).

Finally, these six new episodes could also be a trial run for a further expansion of the franchise - if star David Duchovny is to be believed.

"I would hope [the revival] will be successful, I would hope we could continue, but right now, I'm just looking at it as these six, and then we'll see what happens," Duchovny told Variety in April.

In other words, don't count on The X-Files' long-running conspiracy to completely unravel in Fox's miniseries.

Morgania
September 10th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Finished season seven. Liked 'Hollywood A.D.' a lot. Going to start Millennium tomorrow.

bearfax
September 11th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Is it in truth a good idea to bring back X-Files with Grandpop Mulder and Grandma Scully...I wonder if they finally got hitched. It was one of my all time favourite shows, but it always worries me when they do this . I remember a Man From UNCLE remake and a couple of 6 Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman remakes...turkeys all. I thought Carter was moving onto something new to dare to believe about.

Morgania
September 13th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Now watching season eight. I miss Mulder.
(And I keep thinking Doggett is an advanced robot.)

Alan
September 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
EXCLUSIVE: Sky1 Closes In On Deal For UK Rights To ‘The X-Files’ Revival:
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/09/exclusive-sky1-closes-in-on-deal-for-uk-rights-to-the-x-files-revival/

Alan
September 26th, 2015, 06:11 AM
The X-Files - Season 10 Promo Alert!
http://www.xfilesnews.com/news/latest-news/892-the-x-files-season-10-promo-alert

Alan
September 28th, 2015, 06:41 PM
The X-Files Revival Trailer, Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteho5bgxLI

Alan
September 29th, 2015, 02:28 AM
First 'X-Files' Revival Trailer (full version):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=73&v=RUAJJvCd2G0

Alan
September 30th, 2015, 04:10 AM
THE X-FILES | Official Trailer | FOX BROADCASTING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=_1SmJUBT5q0

Alan
October 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
THE X-FILES | Are We Truly Alone? | FOX BROADCASTING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=xexcBLJBiVU

Alan
October 13th, 2015, 03:47 AM
THE X-FILES | Ask Yourself | FOX BROADCASTING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1WiuzIQbM

Morgania
October 20th, 2015, 05:27 PM
I'm on to season nine now. Didn't know Lucy Lawless was in this series.

Alan
October 20th, 2015, 06:27 PM
I'm on to season nine now. Didn't know Lucy Lawless was in this series.

Hope you enjoy her guest appearance.

THE X-FILES | What If | FOX BROADCASTING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6TC20mrto

Alan
October 23rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
'The X-Files': Chris Carter on the Franchise's Future, Who He Wanted for Reboot

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-files-chris-carter-spoilers-834025

It's been a whirlwind year for The X-Files creator Chris Carter.

Fox first announced its hopes to revive the groundbreaking series during its winter TCA session; the order was official by March. Because of stars David Duchovny (Mulder) and Gillian Anderson's (Scully) busy schedules and other commitments, the series started filming only a few months later. ?And about six weeks after production wrapped, the team premiered the first hour with splashy — and high-stakes — debuts at MIPCOM and New York Comic Con.

Now, with nearly three months to go? until its Fox run kicks off — and new promos being released regularly — the pressure is on for the series to maintain its buzz.

Carter sat down with The Hollywood Reporter at New York Comic Con? to talk about bringing the iconic Fox series back to television, its future and more.

Given the many ways shows can be revived right now, what appealed to you about this particular format?

I jumped at the idea when I found out the actors were interested. I can tell you the idea of a reboot wasn't the way I wanted to go. I didn't want to come back to do a victory lap, to do sequels or anything like that. I wanted fresh, new material and that's what we've done.

The show is aiming to tell a lot of stories in only six episodes. What kind of balance were you able to strike?

We have a lot to do in the course of six. We try to make an arc: bookend it with mythology episodes, and the four in the middle are standalone episodes. there is what I would call an arc within those episodes. We tried to make everything integral. But the first episode and the last episode are really a two-parter. In [the other episodes] we follow the characters emotionally, but they don't have to do with the conspiracy.

You've mentioned that there is the possibility to continue on with another revival in the future. If that happens, is there the possibility to expand the episode count to 10, 13, 15 hours?

It really would be indicated by the actors and their schedules.

Is that challenging for you as a writer to have to dictate the story based more on scheduling versus finding an authentic tale and shaping the count towards that?

No. Every time now the challenges are new and different.

What has been the biggest challenge?

It's a new thing, just doing six. It'll be eight months of my life, where it used to be 11 and a half months to do 22 or 25 [episodes]. Once the negotiations were done, we had to get up and running quickly and hire people. I looked to hire people I worked with before, but over time many of them had moved up [from their original positions], so we hired some new people. You couldn't put the band back together, perfectly … it was good fortune we were able to hire the people we were.

[B]With the time crunch and the shorter order, what was the balance you had to achieve with writing and directing?

We thought we were going to have more time, but it ended up I was writing when we were filming. I had hoped not to be. It was business as usual for me; everyone else had a chance to write and direct their own episodes. I had that [combination] for the first episode, but not the next two.

[B]The X-Files series continued on after Duchovny left. Can you see doing revivals without him and Anderson being a part of it? Or is their tale the only one you have interest in telling?

Right now, when they want to do it, I think it's David and Gillian.

How familiar were you with the other revivals/reboots that have aired? Did you check out 24: Live Another Day or Heroes Reborn?

I didn't see Heroes, I didn't see 24. I didn't see anything. I'm doing this kind of blindly, if you will.

What kind of ratings expectations do you have for the show?

I think Fox is doing a superior job marketing it. We're still going on three months [from premiere] at this point. Marketing is completely different than it was when I was on the series originally because of social media.

Do you feel you need to be a part of that social media world since you're promoting a show in 2015?

I don't think I have to take that step. Sometimes it's fun to do it. But on Instagram [which Carter joined when the revival started filming], I've only done it a couple of times. I'm just busy. We're still not finished. We locked the final episode and now we have a lot of post-production.

One of the other out of the box ideas the network/studio had to promote the series was showcasing the first hour, "My Struggle," to fans at New York Comic Con. What was your take on that plan?

I wasn't crazy about it. I thought it was maybe too early. But it generates buzz, and you can't deny that. We're a ways out here. I just hope if the excitement is building it stays steady.

What is your concern level about spoilers?

As far as I'm concerned, this episode, everyone's seen it now because everyone will be online talking about it.

Looking at the event series as a whole, there were a number of people who you approached — Robert Patrick who played Agent Doggett, James Pickens Jr. who played Kersh — who weren't able to be a part of the project due to their previous commitments. How did that impact the storytelling you were able to do? And can their stories be held until any future revivals?

We played the hand we were dealt. People are busy. That's a fact of life. It actually worked out. The people we did want to work with desperately were available, so our storytelling didn't suffer.

As for the show itself, Mulder and Scully are in a very different place in their relationship. How has that been for you as a writer?

In a way, it's back to the Mulder and Scully we were so familiar with. While they had come together in 2008, all is not well. There's a rift and we deal with that.

How is it impacting their work relationship?

I think there's some sarcasm. And they go to different homes.

What kind of insight will we be getting into what led them to split?

I think you get some insight.

How did the absence of the planned alien takeover in 2012 impact Mulder and Scully's mindset?

We reference it, and it's a part of the mythology.

One of the new faces the show introduces is Joel McHale's Tad. Were you looking to cast someone who was a really recognizable face to the audience?

Yes, we were. We were lucky to get Joel McHale. I cast him after seeing his White House [Correspondents’ Dinner hosting]. I thought he was just great.

What can you say about how he plays into the show?

He brings [Mulder and Scully] back together. He's instrumental in kind of building a bridge between the two of them.

Was there anything you weren't able to get into these six?

It would have been nice to get Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa back, and some of the other writers. Frank Spotnitz couldn't work on the show. We did our best. We worked with the resources we were given.

The revival also includes a slightly adapted version of the credits that ran for the first seven seasons of the show. What kind of discussions were had about that?

There wasn't really that much discussion about it. Everyone felt that to mess with the credits was wrong and sacrilege if you will. So we went with the credits that are familiar.

The X-Files event series premieres Jan. 24 on Fox. What are you hoping to see in the revival?

Alan
October 26th, 2015, 06:11 PM
THE X-FILES | They're Coming | FOX BROADCASTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szVb8-c9oH4

Alan
October 30th, 2015, 08:19 AM
THE X-FILES | The Truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HN1khvV0Qo

Morgania
October 30th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I'm watching the last few episodes of season nine. The second movie is next, right?

Alan
October 30th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I'm watching the last few episodes of season nine. The second movie is next, right?

Yes, The X-Files: I Want to Believe follows on from Season 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KV4ESQ8HU

Morgania
October 30th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Thanks. Oh, I finally stopped thinking of Doggett as Agent T-1000.

Alan
October 30th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Your welcome. And yeah, it took me to Season 9 to stop thinking that about Doggett too. I never liked his partnership with Scully in Season 8 but thought he worked much better alongside Special Agent Monica Reyes. If the show had continued into Season 10 directly from where S9 finished instead of 13-years later with Mulder and Scully, I would have happily watched a Season 10 with Doggett and Reyes as the lead characters.

Morgania
October 30th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I came to like Doggett and Reyes in season nine. I kinda shipped them too. And I would have a Doggett/ Reyes season or spin-off.

Alan
October 31st, 2015, 05:01 AM
THE X-FILES | Spooky Experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSUVRcKU4eI

Alan
November 10th, 2015, 06:29 PM
New ‘X-Files’ Posters Shed Some Light on the Revival Cast:
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/11/10/new-x-files-posters-shed-some-light-on-the-revival-cast/

Alan
November 19th, 2015, 04:42 AM
The X-Files Will Make You Believe Again With These Spooky New Posters:
http://uk.eonline.com/news/717118/the-x-files-will-make-you-believe-again-with-these-spooky-new-posters

Alan
November 20th, 2015, 04:26 AM
THE X-FILES | Show & Not Tell: Gillian Anderson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OC2h7XpNBg

Alan
December 10th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Channel 5 Secures UK Rights To ‘The X-Files’ Revival, Eyes 2016 Premiere
By Patrick Munn | December 10, 2015 - 12:55 pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/12/shocker-channel-5-secures-uk-rights-to-the-x-files-revival/

In a surprise move, Channel 5 has sealed a deal with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Fox’s upcoming six episode The X-Files revival, TVWise has learned. The X-Files event series, referred to internally at Fox as season 10, will premiere on Channel 5 in 2016.

From series creator Chris Carter, The X-Files Revival is envisioned as a follow up to the original nine season series and both feature films. Ten Thirteen Productions and 20th Century Fox Television are producing, with Carter and Glen Morgan serving as executive producers. The duo also serve as writers and directors alongside Darin Morgan and James Wong.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are reprising their roles as FBI Special Agents Mulder and Scully, while other returning cast members include Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Annabeth Gish, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood and Tom Braidwood. Joining the cast for the revival are Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose, Joel McHale, Annet Mahendru, Rhys Darby, Aliza Vellani and Kumail Nanjiani.

The closed deal, which includes some 20 episodes of the original series which were hand-picked by Chris Carter, comes after a heated bidding war between Channel 5 and a number of UK broadcasters including Sky1, who as recently as three months ago were tipped as the frontrunner (http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/09/exclusive-sky1-closes-in-on-deal-for-uk-rights-to-the-x-files-revival/) to land the series.

C5 were able to beat their rivals to the punch thanks in large part to the war-chest afforded them by the Viacom acquisition and sources tell TVWise that have paid a premium for the new episodes (sources are pegging the price tag at north of £480K per ep). The agreement with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution was brokered by Channel 5’s Head of Acquisitions Katie Keenan.

“Securing the UK premiere of the hugely anticipated return of The X-Files is a major coup for the channel and will create one of the television events of 2016,” said Ben Frow, Channel 5’s Director of Programmes. “This acquisition underlines our ambition to deliver a diverse slate of brilliant, must-see programming on Channel 5.”

This marks the latest high-profile deal for Channel 5, who have been heavily investing in acquisitions since the Viacom merger. Just last week they struck a deal with NBCU to acquire the UK rights to Heroes Reborn (http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/12/5-acquires-uk-rights-to-heroes-reborn-eyes-2016-premiere/), which will go out on digi-net 5*; and earlier this week TVWise revealed that there are plans afoot to boost the level of first run US acquisitions on 5USA (http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/12/channel-5-pushes-forward-with-5usa-9pm-strategy/).

Ian-S
December 11th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Holy crap didn't expect that, fully expected SkyOne to get it.

Alan
December 11th, 2015, 11:04 AM
THE X-FILES | First Look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FaVOUbfhYU

Krisz
December 14th, 2015, 09:03 PM

Lol, it took me ages to stop seeing him as the T-1000. I liked how he gave a little nod to that role in the season 8 episode 'Salvage' with a comment Doggett made.

Alan
December 21st, 2015, 01:04 PM
December 21, 2015 10:00am PT by Marisa Roffman
'The X-Files' Star Mitch Pileggi Previews Skinner's Return:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-files-mitch-pileggi-interview-835559

When The X-Files revival launches in January, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) will have a familiar face in their corner: Mitch Pileggi's Skinner.

Skinner — who was the duo's FBI boss for most of the Fox drama's nine seasons — has been a key fixture in the X-Files universe. And for Pileggi, he also has the distinction of being the only person (outside of Anderson and Duchovny) who appeared all nine seasons of the series and both feature films. (And he also appeared in the one-season X-Files spinoff, The Lone Gunmen.)

With the revival around the corner, THR caught up with Pileggi to discuss where the revival finds Skinner, his backstory for what's happened since the original show's finale and more.

What was your thought when you heard The X-Files revival was in the works?

My thought was, "I wonder if they're going to call?" [The X-Files creator Chris Carter] didn't tell me I was in the second movie until halfway through shooting it; they're shooting the movie, and Chris is like, "You're in the movie." And I was like, [Joking] "Oh, really? Thanks for the info."

As you were thinking about returning for the revival, did you have a set number of episodes you wanted to participate in?

I was ready to do whatever they wanted me to do. It's a great character, a great show, and the excitement about it coming back is palpable. It's a huge part of my life. And it's a huge part of my career. I told Chris, "I owe a huge part of my career to you, and to Wes Craven." [Craven wrote/directed the 1989 film, Shocker, which Pileggi starred in.] Those two people are the most instrumental people in any success I've had. So it's very important to me.

Though Skinner was in I Want to Believe, fans didn't really get much insight into what had happened in his life post-series finale. What can you say about where we'll find Skinner in this revival?

He's still in the same office. He's moved his desk.

Skinner was one of the people who helped Mulder escape from prison and avoid a death sentence in the series finale. What impact did that have on his career/life?

That's what it comes down to: the reason he's still an assistant director is because he was hanging out with Spooky for too long. He's probably been…he's probably been ostracized a little bit by the other higher ups in the FBI, because he hasn't advanced.

Why do you think Skinner remains with the FBI if he's been marginalized that way?

Because that's the type of person he is. The dedication, I think he's a very dedicated person at what he does. He's very dedicated to Mulder and Scully, but before that, he was very dedicated to his job in the FBI. He, obviously, has connections with people who have power, because he is still there. And I would assume, he has something to do with the X-Files being reopened. No one else in the FBI is going to [take that step] … what those connections are, I don't know.

Are we getting to see any of Skinner's life outside of work in the revival?

No. All I can say is the first day of shooting, I forgot to take my wedding ring off. So, continuity-wise, he's married. So my story is, he married his secretary [from the original series] — who is my [real-life] wife. [Laughs.]

For a good chunk of the series, Skinner's loyalty was in question. But by the last few years, it seemed clear his loyalty really was to Mulder and Scully. When you signed on for the revival, how much of that blurry loyalty were you hoping would return?

I think he's still the same cat. I don't think he's changed much. Obviously through the last few seasons of the show, he saw things that opened his mind up and gave him realizations as to what Mulder had been doing all this time and what had been transpiring, as they both did — Scully and Skinner.

Them being back in the picture, he has this connection with them, and it's a very important connection; he's attached to them. And he's also telling Mulder, there's **** going on out there, and you need to do something about it. Things, perhaps, I don't know how to do — paths you know how to follow that I don't. And methods you use that I don't. It's just the nature of who Mulder is — Skinner says, "You need to figure this **** out."

How much does Skinner know about Mulder and Scully's romantic split?

He surmises that the situation between the two of them has changed. To what extent, I don't know how close his contact has been with them … the fact is that he is still there for them and always will be.

It seems like the team would be open to continuing on with more X-Files in the future. But since so much is due to scheduling and outside forces, how do you go about saying goodbye to Skinner after each version of his tale comes to an end?

If it continues, I'll always want to do this character. Whether [Carter] wants me to do it or not, or whether he has things for me to do are another thing.

The X-Files revival premieres Jan. 24 on Fox. Are you excited to have Skinner back?

Alan
December 23rd, 2015, 08:10 AM
The X-Files' David Duchovny on His 'Shorthand' With Gillian Anderson, Favorite Revival Episode
By Michael Ausiello / December 23 2015, 6:43 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2015/12/23/david-duchovny-interview-x-files-revival-mulder/

It’s been 14 years since David Duchovny (http://tvline.com/tag/david-duchovny/)‘s truth-seeking, pencil-tossing, Scully-crushing FBI Special Agent Fox William “Spooky” Mulder last appeared on the small screen, a drought that will end on Sunday, Jan. 24 with the premiere of Fox’s six-episode revival of The X-Files (http://tvline.com/tag/the-x-files/).

In the following Q&A with TVLine, the 55-year-old actor — and current star of NBC’s Aquarius — reflects on his X-Files past “difficulties” with leading lady Gillian Anderson (yes, we said past), present affection for playing Mulder and the future of the franchise that made him a household name.

TVLINE | How has your perspective on the X-Files franchise changed from when you were first doing the show?
The first time around it was one of my first jobs. I was really just trying to keep my head above water artistically. I think me and Gillian coming back at this point in our lives and in our careers… we’re much better at what we do now. It was really wonderful, for both of us, to recreate these characters with better skills. We probably don’t have as much energy as we use to though. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Do you have a better appreciation for what a gift The X-Files has been to you than maybe you did during the initial run of the show?
I always had an appreciation for it. It was a career-making show. Aside from my gratitude for whatever business it brought my way, it also afforded me a chance to go to work every day. If I ever did not have an appreciation for the show it was probably [during the final seasons] when I think we were just tired, and antsy to go out and do other things. I’m sure there were times when I was dying to get off the show, but it wasn’t because of the show. It was because it was a grind.

TVLINE | And how has your relationship with Gillian changed?
We’ve been good for quite a while work-wise. Whatever difficulties we may have had over the years [stemmed from] what I said earlier about wanting to get off the show… the fatigue and a hot-house feeling of being in the same room with the same people for nine years. We’re good now. We have a shorthand and I really enjoy working with her a lot. That was probably the easiest part of transitioning back into the show was our work together.

TVLINE | You wrote and directed a fair number of X-Files episodes back in the day. Did you have any creative input this time around?
No. When we were originally talking about [a possible revival] we were conceiving of it as 12 or 13 episodes, because that was the [traditional] model. And in that [scenario] I thought I would write one or direct one. But the way it worked out with six episodes, there just wasn’t any room.

TVLINE | Of the six new episodes, do you have a personal favorite?
For me in terms of being an actor, Darin [Morgan]’s scripts — which were funny and whimsical yet very smart and rigorous — were always challenging and fun. And it’s the same this time with [the Morgan written/directed “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster,” airing Feb. 1]. Chris [Carter] really took care of the scope and the action, action’s less interesting for me to play as an actor. You’ve got to be there at night, basically. And you’ve got to run to something or from something. [Laughs] That’s not a knock on Chris’ writing. But Darin’s episodes were always very verbally, often comically driven and thematically twisted. And it’s the same this time.

[B]TVLINE | Could an X-Files miniseries like this become an annual thing?
I don’t see why not. But we don’t want to just make more episodes because we can. I’m not interested in that. And I don’t think Chris is interested in that. If Chris is re-inspired to start thinking about where to take the show and the characters next I’m sure we’d all listen.

Lorne
December 24th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I can't wait for the revival series to air!

Hopefully it does well enough ratings-wise to make this an annual event.

Alan
December 24th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I can't wait for the revival series to air!

Hopefully it does well enough ratings-wise to make this an annual event.

I want more beyond these six episodes too, but I think it all depends on David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's schedules because their busy with other things. If they can fit it in (assuming that both Mulder and Scully survive at the end of Season 10 of course) I'm sure they'll take part.

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!

Alan
December 28th, 2015, 04:20 AM
THE X-FILES | Re-Opened
28th December 2015

The truth is out there… and we’ve got the inside story on the thrilling return of The X-Files. Go behind the scenes with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and all the key players as they reveal secrets from the set and take you on the epic journey of bringing this classic series back to Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRUzEdPfHA

Lorne
December 28th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Thanks for posting this ^, Alan!

They show A TON of stuff in that featurette. . . including some pretty spoiler-ish footage. I think that this shows our first official glimpses of some returning characters.

I was already excited to see the revival; now my anticipation level has doubled.

Alan
December 31st, 2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting this ^, Alan!

They show A TON of stuff in that featurette. . . including some pretty spoiler-ish footage. I think that this shows our first official glimpses of some returning characters.

I was already excited to see the revival; now my anticipation level has doubled.

You're very welcome! :)

Alan
December 31st, 2015, 10:59 AM
The X-Files: David Duchovny reveals cult sci-fi series could run for an extended run
THE X-FILES makes its long-awaited return in the New Year for a six-episode comeback, which will no doubt leave fans desperate for more. And David Duchovny has now revealed that followers of the classic sci-fi horror may see their wishes come true.
By Adam Miller
PUBLISHED: 17:40, Thu, Dec 31, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:48, Thu, Dec 31, 2015

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/630597/The-X-Files-more-series-2016-David-Duchovny-Mulder-Gillian-Anderson-Scully

David reunites with his partner in crime Gillian Anderson as FBI agents Mulder and Scully next month after years of speculation surrounding the series’ revival.

Opening up on the show to TV Line, the 55-year-old was put on the spot when he was asked if The X-Files could become a semi-annual event.

"I don't see why not," he responded. "But we don't want to just make more episodes because we can. I'm not interested in that.

"And I don't think [writer Chris Carter] is interested in that. If Chris is re-inspired to start thinking about where to take the show and the characters next I'm sure we'd all listen."

The actor also spilled all on being reunited with his long-term co-star Gillian, with whom he family endured a turbulent working relationship throughout the series’ original run through the 90s.

"We've been good for quite a while work-wise," he said. "Whatever difficulties we may have had over the years [stemmed from] what I said earlier about wanting to get off the show… the fatigue and a hot-house feeling of being in the same room with the same people for nine years.

"We're good now. We have a shorthand and I really enjoy working with her a lot. That was probably the easiest part of transitioning back into the show was our work together."

A major spoiler about the state of Mulder and Scully’s relationship was revealed by show runner Chris Carter earlier this week.

In a 21-minute behind-the-scenes clip, fans discovered that their previous romance is well and truly over.

The duo were previously seen as a couple and it was suggested that they had a child together, but the relationship ended at some point between 2008's film and the first episode of the new season.

"Through the course of the show, when it ran for over 200 episodes, the characters grew," creator Chris said in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRUzEdPfHA

"Mulder and Scully for nine years had a platonic relationship. Even though we suggest that they had a child together, we never saw them as a couple until the second movie.

"When we come back to them in the new series, we will have been honest to their relationship previously, but we now find them in another state.

"Seven or eight years have elapsed. Time has been difficult for the relationship. We will investigate what's happened in that time."

The clip also revealed that their son, William, is now a teenager.

The X-Files returns on Sunday, January 24 on Fox in the US. UK broadcast details are yet to be confirmed.

Alan
December 31st, 2015, 04:15 PM
:) HAPPY NEW YEAR
X-PHILES!!!!!
Here's to reuniting with Mulder and Scully for the new 10th series of The X-Files!!!!! :)

Lorne
January 1st, 2016, 12:19 AM
I'll second that!

Happy New Year, everyone!

May the revival be great, the ratings be enormous, & the greenlights for more episodes be plentiful!

Six new episodes! In 24 days!

epg20
January 5th, 2016, 08:52 PM
what I am hoping for is to see the guys again, for the longest time I have thought that they were not exactly dead, they were saved by the clones, or the ones who died were clones and the original lone gunmen were hiding somewhere to stay off the radar, despite their comic relief nature, they made a good resource for mulder and scully.

epg20
January 9th, 2016, 09:35 PM
what I am hoping for is to see the guys again, for the longest time I have thought that they were not exactly dead, they were saved by the clones, or the ones who died were clones and the original lone gunmen were hiding somewhere to stay off the radar, despite their comic relief nature, they made a good resource for mulder and scully.

well it looks like we get our wish, they are coming back, they just don't say how, so we will need to wait and see.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://deadline.com/2015/07/x-files-revival-sees-return-of-lone-gunmen-1201483482/

July 22, 2015 12:05pm

Actor Dean Haglund confirmed today on Twitter that The Lone Gunman, a sort of paranoid conspiracy theorist A-Team featured in a recurring basis on The X-Files and briefly in their own spinoff series, will be returning to the franchise when the series revival airs in early 2016.

Portrayed by Haglund, Bruce Harwood, and Tom Braidwood, The Lone Gunmen were introduced in Season 1 of The X-Files as a poorly funded, barely organized team of government watchdogs and conspiracy theorists who had an uneasy alliance with Mulder and Scully. Haglund played Richard “Ringo” Langly, a computer hacker and science fiction enthusiast who was the youngest member of the iconic trio.

https://twitter.com/dhaglund/status/623849442739941376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The group’s name is a derisive reference to Lee Harvey Oswald, evidenced in the conspiracy theory newsletter they published called “The Magic Bullet.” At first occasional comic relief, the trio became breakout characters over the course of the series and were spun off into their own show, The Lone Gunman, in 2001. That show was cancelled after 13 episodes, ending on a cliffhanger that was resolved in the ninth-season X-Files episode “Jump The Shark.” (They returned as apparitions for “The Truth”.)

The interesting thing? The Lone Gunmen were killed off in the series penultimate episode. How they’ll be brought back for the revival, whether in flashbacks or a reveal that they survived their apparent deaths, has not been said, but Haglund promises more details are forthcoming. Neither Harwood nor Braidwood have offered a statement.

The trio will join fellow returning stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis. New faces include The Flash‘s Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose. The X-Files revival miniseries starts January 24 on Fox

Alan
January 13th, 2016, 11:36 AM
JIMMY KIMMEL INTERVIEW WITH DAVID DUCHOVNY & GILLIAN ANDERSON - CLIP #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Uc0vLO0uA

Alan
January 13th, 2016, 11:38 AM
JIMMY KIMMEL INTERVIEW WITH DAVID DUCHOVNY & GILLIAN ANDERSON - CLIP #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgEN1t4jPRE

Alan
January 13th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny interview with "On Air with Ryan Seacrest"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrHV8P_T4U

Lorne
January 14th, 2016, 02:03 PM
The Kimmel interview and taped segment were great.

I think Gillian Anderson is supposed to be on James Corden tonight.

Alan
January 14th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Mulder, Scully and Jimmy Kimmel in The X-Files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6pLxYXpW8I

Alan
January 14th, 2016, 05:42 PM
THE X-FILES | The Truth Revealed: Mini Season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0z_0bGwpZI

Lorne
January 15th, 2016, 04:30 AM
^That was an interesting clip.

Alan
January 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM
THE X-FILES | TCA: THE X-FILES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_9YuMynW0

Lorne
January 18th, 2016, 08:26 AM
The countdown is now less than a week 'till the premiere!

:)

Alan
January 18th, 2016, 08:46 AM
The X-Files 3 has been written
Simon Brew
18 Jan 2016 - 06:31

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-x-files/38549/the-x-files-3-has-been-written

Chris Carter confirms that he penned a script for a third The X-Files movie. So what happened?

The X-Files returns to screens next week, with a new six-part 'event' series reuniting David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Yet the show's creator, Chris Carter, has now revealed that a third The X-Files movie has been written. It doesn't sound like it's going anywhere fast, though.

Carter penned the script before he was approached by Fox about the new TV series. And as he told The Hollywood Reporter, "I actually wrote a third movie, just because I was interested in the idea of where that might go".

At one stage, he considered using the new film script as the foundation of the new TV run. "I let my wife read the third movie, and she said 'I think not for television'", he said.

The future of The X-Files is wrapped up in the success or otherwise of the new show, and if there is more, it's likely to be on the small rather than the big screen. The X-Files' new run kicks off next Sunday in the US.

Alan
January 19th, 2016, 07:26 PM
THE X-FILES | Declassified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpS6xQPmBs

Alan
January 20th, 2016, 04:55 AM
‘The X-Files’: How Fox Revived Mulder and Scully’s Search for the Truth:
http://variety.com/2016/tv/features/x-files-revival-fox-david-duchovny-gillian-anderson-1201682379/

Lorne
January 20th, 2016, 05:42 AM
^That was a fantastic article!

My favorite bit:

She's (Dana Walden, co-head of the Fox Network) also ready for more, regardless of ratings. “We would commit to new episodes right now, today, in advance of our launch. We are excited creatively by what we’ve seen. These episodes are incredibly consistent with the original series.”

Alan
January 20th, 2016, 06:24 AM
^That was a fantastic article!

My favorite bit:

It was very encouraging to read that bit of support. Let's hope that Duchovny and Anderson have room in their schedules to do more...again assuming Mulder and Scully survive whatever Episode 6 of this new event series throws at them. :)

Flyboy
January 20th, 2016, 10:22 AM
So, I've been exceptionally excited thus far. Really have been.

However, I have a concern. And I'd like to get other X-Phile's views on this..

I'm a little worried that they're hitting a huge reset here to try and take the show back to it's S1-7 era.

Not only are Mulder and Scully apparently back in the FBI (a little odd, given that at the end of S9 Mulder was on the run for his life due to having gained access to the devastating truth about everything...). Admittedly, this is in itself undermined by Mulder waltzing into the Hoover building in 'I want to believe', but even that I found a little less than credible. I find it hard to understand why, given ALL that happened in the original run, Mulder is being put back into his old position...

I'm concerned about resurrecting The Lone Gunmen, some of my favourite characters who were given a noble death and a great honour of being buried in Arlington... to me ruins their sacrifice...

The CSM is back... yet we saw him burn in an gunship induced inferno...

And by all accounts, Mulder and Scully are back to being platonic again.

Oh, and the 2012 invasion hasn't happened.

Like I said, I'm excited - but I *am* worried that this they're sacrificing progressive story telling in order to go back to a cosey tried and tested format of the early years, when what the franchise needs (in my opinion) is to be driven forwards... do any of you guys have any thoughts?

Lorne
January 20th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Flyboy, I'll get back to you on the points you raised after the sixth episode airs.;)

This is the X-Files we're talking about. Appearances can be deceiving.

Ian-S
January 22nd, 2016, 04:08 PM
I'm still trying to work out who's in the urn (in the behind the scenes segment, they showed a scene from episode 6 where Mulder and Scully are sitting on a tree trunk or bench kind of thing, and there is an urn at her feet).

I suspect it'll be their
son, since it would be easier to have him die off-screen than have to address the issue of when he becomes an adult hunting down his parents for a family reunion.

pscard
January 22nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
2 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes...

Alan
January 22nd, 2016, 05:20 PM
2 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes...

Indeed it is...for the USA at least. On Sunday and Monday America will be getting Episodes 1 and 2 whilst we in the UK won't be seeing them until "Early February" so you will have quite the head start on us. On behalf of British X-Philes here at GateWorld, may I please ask American cousins and fellow X-Philes to be courteous and considerate and use spoilers when talking about the new episodes of The X-Files. It would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so much. :)

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Lorne
January 23rd, 2016, 04:35 AM
^Gladly, Alan.

I still don't fully understand why the UK television market is so behind nearly every other country on the revival airings.:confused:

After all of the great links and videos you've posted in this thread, you definitely deserve to see it within a similar timeframe as the rest of us. One X-Phile to another, you have my sympathy.:(

Alan
January 23rd, 2016, 05:31 AM
^Gladly, Alan.

I still don't fully understand why the UK television market is so behind nearly every other country on the revival airings.:confused:

After all of the great links and videos you've posted in this thread, you definitely deserve to see it within a similar timeframe as the rest of us. One X-Phile to another, you have my sympathy.:(

I appreciate that and I also share in your confusion. I was fully expecting there to be merely hours between the US and UK airings so it was a great surprise when the trailer for it aired on the Channel 5 here and it ended with "Early February". I'm going to have stop visiting XFN and Googling "The X-Files", "David Duchovny", "Gillian Anderson", "Mulder", "Scully", and a lot more for the next possible 2 months which is just madness but will need to be done if I'm going to stay spoiler free. I dare-say my fellow Brit X-Philes will be in a similar situation. Help from our American cousins will help greatly in that regard. :)

Ian-S
January 24th, 2016, 05:50 AM
To be fair, early February is only just over a week away, I don't know Fox's scheduling but it could be they have scheduled a break or two in the airing schedule to accoodate any delays in the Daytona 500 (which ran on a Monday evening a few yeas ago iirc). So there could be method to Five's aparant madness if they want a break free run for the series.

Lorne
January 24th, 2016, 06:17 AM
I don't think that any break is scheduled. Gotham is set to return the Monday after episode six of the revival is broadcast.

Tonight is the night. The wait is over.

The Return of the X-Files!!

Alan
January 24th, 2016, 06:23 AM
According to what I've seen, FOX's schedule for The X-Files looks like this:

Episode 1 - My Struggle
Date: Sunday, January 24th

Episode 2 - Founder's Mutation
Date: Monday, January 25th

Episode 3 - Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster
Date: Monday, February 1st

Episode 4 - Home Again
Date: Monday, February 8th

Episode 5 - Babylon
Date: Monday, February 15th

Episode 6 - My Struggle II
Date: Monday, February 22nd

So keeping Channel 5's "Early February" promise in mind, it could mean we UK X-Philes won't see Episode 1 until possible sometime after Episode 3 or after Episode 4 has aired in the US! That's 3 or 4 episodes worth of spoiler fodder right there out and about on the internet. Highly dangerous.

planet_tv
January 24th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Did the X-Files start late for anyone else in the US?

Lorne
January 24th, 2016, 09:13 PM

Yeah, about 20-25 minutes late (EST).

RENCO
January 24th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Very cool to see all the old cast together again. But after all this time the alien invasion / govt conspiracy theory still makes absolutely no sense. Why would they hide the alien tech instead of using it to actually take over the wold?

planet_tv
January 24th, 2016, 10:20 PM
It's a good thing I knew about it or I would not have gotten the last of half of the episode on the DVR because I wanted to check it out as I have seen a little more then 2 dozen X-Files episodes and both movies.

Quick question for those who get the Chiller network: Are they only reairing certain seasons of the X-Files or are the reairing the whole series?

VampyreWraith
January 25th, 2016, 07:44 AM
I finished watching seasons 1-9 (and the movies) all the way through a few months ago (I was never really able to get into the show when it first aired, so before that, I had only watched some random episodes when they aired and the first movie). I enjoyed it overall. I pretty much loved seasons 2-5, but I also liked the other seasons (for the most part), I enjoyed some episodes more than others.

I really liked the first episode of the new season, and I'm looking forward to watching the next one tonight.

Perelandra
January 25th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Never watched the show much when it was on the air. Enjoyed last nights episode. Right now it looks like they're going with a rogue element of the government is actually doing the abducting, creating hybrids, ect, not the aliens. Will be interesting to see where that ends up.
So the old 1947 doctor won't tell Mulder the whole truth he has to figure it out on his own?
Have to work tonight so I will have to DVR tonight's episode.

Alan
January 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM
KINDLY REMINDER FROM U.K. FANS TO U.S. FANS:

Dear American Fan of The X-Files,

When discussing the new 6 episodes please do so using Spoiler Tags. Here in the U.K. we will be 3 or 4 episodes behind you before Season 10 of The X-Files airs so your help in keeping us unspoiled would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
British Fans of The X-Files

hedwig
January 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Yes. It was delayed because of football. The after game report aired for nearly half an hour, which delayed the start of X-files.

Morgania
January 25th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Watching the new episode on streaming now. (One of the crafts when Mulder was talking about sightings looked like an Alkesh.)

Ian-S
January 25th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Haha I was going to say that too, and also in the photo sequence at the beginning, there was a photo of a person who looked just like an Observer from Fringe, not to mention the typecast Man in Black in the flashbacks who also looked like an Observer.

I like the twist, that's all I'm going to say, don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it.

ecgordon
January 25th, 2016, 04:21 PM
KINDLY REMINDER FROM U.K. FANS TO U.S. FANS:

Dear American Fan of The X-Files,

When discussing the new 6 episodes please do so using Spoiler Tags. Here in the U.K. we will be 3 or 4 episodes behind you before Season 10 of The X-Files airs so your help in keeping us unspoiled would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
British Fans of The X-Files
No offense, man, but if you don't want to get spoiled you really shouldn't be reading this thread.

Lorne
January 25th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Another new episode tonight!

I am one satisfied nerd!

VampyreWraith
January 25th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Since this is a general discussion thread and not an episode thread, we should use spoiler tags if we're going to talk about the new episodes since they haven't aired in other countries yet. I think it's actually part of the board rules that we do so anyway (if it's not, I think it would just be nice if we do, especially since we were asked by another board member). In case anyone doesn't know or has forgotten the tags for spoilers are [spoiler] [ /spoiler] or [spoilers] [ /spoilers] but without the space between the [ and the / . I hope this doesn't sound bossy or anything, I don't mean it to, I'm just trying to be helpful lol.

Lorne
January 26th, 2016, 12:51 PM
No spoilers...

The X-Files has been getting GREAT ratings!

Sunday's episode got a 6.1 in the key demo (the number most important to advertisers) while Monday's outing received a 3.2 in the demo (with no NFC lead-in).

Very promising numbers all around. The likelihood of another batch of episodes is gaining strength!:)

VampyreWraith
January 26th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. :) It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.

Ian-S
January 26th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Is 3.2 good for Fox? That's only 3x what Syfy get for their stuff, I don't know, but I'd expect Fox executives would want a higher figure for 'network TV'?

VampyreWraith
January 26th, 2016, 06:32 PM
A 3.2 in 18-49 is great for FOX (and every other broadcast network). Network ratings aren't as high as they used to be. I think it's the second highest rated show on FOX right now. Empire is their highest rated ( I think that's the highest rated (in 18-49) scripted show on network tv right now, but I'm not positive).

pscard
January 26th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I'm glad it's doing well ratings wise. :) It would be nice if the series continued past these 6 episodes.
I hope so too and am certain that if these six episodes do well, then we can expect more in the future.
:)

Alan
January 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM
The X-Files: UK Channel 5 air date confirmed
Rob Leane
27 Jan 2016 - 15:15

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-x-files/37136/the-x-files-uk-channel-5-air-date-confirmed#ixzz3yTJP9mV3

Channel 5 will be the UK broadcaster for FOX's event series revival of The X-Files, starting on Monday the 8th of February...

UPDATE: Heads up, UK people who want to believe! Channel 5 has confirmed the official UK air date for The X-Files miniseries, which comes to this side of the Atlantic on Monday the 8th of February at 9pm.

hedwig
January 27th, 2016, 03:02 PM

I think it would be great if this turned into an annual event. Like some of those other shows that air 10-12 episodes per year and have done well.

Morgania
January 27th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Decided to go back and watch season one. Now watching- Jersey Devil.

ecgordon
January 27th, 2016, 04:17 PM
It's gonna have to get much better for me to want more.

Lorne
January 27th, 2016, 05:37 PM
The X-Files: UK Channel 5 air date confirmed
Rob Leane
27 Jan 2016 - 15:15

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-x-files/37136/the-x-files-uk-channel-5-air-date-confirmed#ixzz3yTJP9mV3

Channel 5 will be the UK broadcaster for FOX's event series revival of The X-Files, starting on Monday the 8th of February...

UPDATE: Heads up, UK people who want to believe! Channel 5 has confirmed the official UK air date for The X-Files miniseries, which comes to this side of the Atlantic on Monday the 8th of February at 9pm.

It's about damn time. Are they going to double-down on episodes or release them one-per-week? If the latter, they are going out of their way to rub salt in the wound.

I think it would be great if this turned into an annual event. Like some of those other shows that air 10-12 episodes per year and have done well.

I would LOVE for this to happen.

Decided to go back and watch season one. Now watching- Jersey Devil.

"Jersey Devil" was always a bit of a letdown for me. It was the closest X-Files ever got to doing a Bigfoot episode and, story-wise, it's pretty disappointing.

epg20
January 27th, 2016, 09:01 PM

ehh..., I'm not so sure, there was an attempt to recreate something like the x-files, I think it was called odyssey 5 or some thing like that and it did poorly, then came fringe, which did very well and it was more like the x-files, but, it was a regular show, if the x-files do return, then I think it will need to be a regular show like it was before, all in all it is good to have it back, but if it is going to just say good bye like they are doing with gravity falls then I think it will be a real kick in the gut, or lower, to us filens, all in all , I think we will need to see where they are going to go with this, will it be a regular series, will it be a series of short seasons like walking dead, or will they do a series of made for tv movies and do it tghat way, we will just need to wait and see.

but here is a BIG spoiler,THE BUTLER DID IT. ;):rolleyes::p:D

Morgania
January 28th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Yeah "Jersey Devil" was pretty boring. I did like the Mothman episode though.

Krisz
January 28th, 2016, 08:35 PM
It was great to see Mulder and Scully back again. Effortlessly carrying on from where they left off it seemed to me anyway. The Space channel here in Canada did a weekend marathon of Chris Carter's favourite episodes so I watched that to get into the "trust no one" world again!! It was interesting to see how many of his favourite episodes were mine too.

Being such a great start, I'm already thinking 6 episodes will be too few and I'll want more.

I loved how.....

They used the exact same opening credits, made it feel like no time has passed!
The moment where they go into the abandoned X Files office, the pencils were still stuck in the ceiling, one of the great moments of continuity!

epg20
January 28th, 2016, 08:57 PM
well I finally got to see the second episode, and this whole thing can lead back to two words, two words that cost a man his life, "purity control".

it is almost as if no time has passed, it is Friday night , I have my taco pizza and a two liter of coke, every one is out of the house having a life while I rot my brains with this drivel,...OH MY GOD THIS IS SOOOOO GOOD. if I could only find a taco pizza around here.

epg20
January 28th, 2016, 09:02 PM
you know I noticed that there were a few old faces that we haven't seen for a while, not since Continuum was canceled, the guy in skinners office, and the black guy in the office, he played one of the liber8 terrorists, he was their techno guy.

Lorne
January 29th, 2016, 04:52 AM
you know I noticed that there were a few old faces that we haven't seen for a while, not since Continuum was canceled, the guy in skinners office, and the black guy in the office, he played one of the liber8 terrorists, he was their techno guy.

Ryan Robbins and Omari Newton. Plus CSM himself, William B. Davis, was on Continuum.

Morgania
January 29th, 2016, 04:05 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but...

What happened to William? I thought he was their kid.

Ian-S
January 29th, 2016, 05:02 PM
William was
Adopted in Season 8 or 9 iirc to protect him as he was exhibiting telekinetic tendencies.

I suspect William's story will feature heavily in episode 6, and not in a nice way, but this is just my pet theory about that:

The female agent, Monika? make a return during this series, I think she has been keeping an eye on William whilst working out of some field office, and she comes back to tell Dana William is dying due to his abilities, they reconnect etc. and William dies, I think this because of the clips in the behind the scene which shows Scully and Mulder having a heart to heart about William in episode 6, and there is an urn at her feet.

I could be way wrong, but it would 1) add fuel to this 'humans using alien technology to conduct genetics experiements' storyline twist and, 2) allow them to write him (William) out of the story for good, either bringing the two closer, or driving them apart, and giving both a reason to continue their hunt for the truth.

Ryan Robbins has been on Arrow since leaving Continuum.

Lorne
January 29th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Before the revival started airing, a popular theory was

the urn contains the ashes of Mrs. Scully, Dana's mother.

I genuinely hope it's not William. That would be far too tragic an end for this mini-season.

RENCO
February 1st, 2016, 08:00 PM
That (were monster) was such a retarded episode. They've seen numerous transformation monsters before. WTF?

ecgordon
February 2nd, 2016, 07:11 AM
That (were monster) was such a retarded episode. They've seen numerous transformation monsters before. WTF?
I agree, although there are many others who loved it. One guy on Facebook said if you didn't love all the episodes you weren't a true fan. That's pure BS. They did many satiric eps in the original series, and I didn't like most of those either. With only 6 to work with this time around, I had hoped for a serious and sustained story arc.

Flyboy
February 2nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Guys - in particular RENCO, please be mindful of spoilers!

ecgordon
February 2nd, 2016, 09:20 AM
Guys - in particular RENCO, please be mindful of spoilers!
Let's not go overboard on what constitutes a spoiler. The closest RENCO's post got is actually in the title of the episode.

VampyreWraith
February 2nd, 2016, 12:19 PM
I thought episode 3 was ok, it was kind of amusing, not a favorite of mine though.

Lorne
February 2nd, 2016, 02:25 PM
I loved the episode! :D

The story, the characters, the humor, the Easter eggs, the tributes...all of it.

And that twist with Guy Mann was simply inspired. Wonderful stuff all around.

In the end, Mulder's faith in the unknown and unexplained is returned and Scully picked up Dagoo after getting nostalgic for Queequeg. :)

Darin Morgan episodes aren't for everyone, but if you dig his stuff, then this one was a genuine treat.

Flyboy
February 3rd, 2016, 02:03 AM
Let's not go overboard on what constitutes a spoiler. The closest RENCO's post got is actually in the title of the episode.

It was a gentle reminder, that's all. As a newer member of the forum, he may not have been aware of the spoiler tags or the general forum etiquette. We all have to start somewhere, and when I first ventured onto forums, I made mistakes.

Ian-S
February 3rd, 2016, 04:32 AM
That was quiet a funny episode for the first half, then the humour kind of disapeared, or they ran out of jokes.

epg20
February 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM
they should have never done this one, with so few eps, they should have stuck to the non funny stuff , though I did like how it ended.

epg20
February 4th, 2016, 09:35 PM
does any one remember if Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever appeared, as far as I can remember he never did, but I can't be sure

for those who don't know, this was a show like the x-files back in the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmK8YUdSpY

Alan
February 5th, 2016, 03:15 AM
does any one remember if Kolchak: The Night Stalker ever appeared, as far as I can remember he never did, but I can't be sure

for those who don't know, this was a show like the x-files back in the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmK8YUdSpY

No, Kolchak never appeared in any episode of The X-Files. It would have been very interesting to have seen Mulder and Scully meet him though.

Lorne
February 5th, 2016, 05:13 AM
Mulder met Arthur Dales, who bears a striking resemblance to Carl Kolchak, in "Travelers" and "Aqua Mala." Scully even got to meet him in that second one.

;)

Lorne
February 7th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Fox.com has the first two minutes of "My Struggle II" up right now.

British forum members: Hope you enjoy the premiere!

Alan
February 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Fox.com has the first two minutes of "My Struggle II" up right now.

British forum members: Hope you enjoy the premiere!

Thank you! Looking forward to it! Just a matter of hours to wait now! :D

Flyboy
February 9th, 2016, 05:40 AM
My thoughts on 'My Struggle'

I found this episode a bit difficult on first viewing... we're given an alien event, and a potential conspiracy that is absolutely no different or special when compared to anything else that has been seen in The X-Files and yet when combined with a charming TV presenter and a fancy aircraft (the likes of which Mulder HAS seen before), Mulder completely throws away his belief in the entire alien conspiracy to believe that it was the government all along - not the aliens. I didn't really buy it - not after everything they'd been through.

Then I got thinking, it's heavily implied through the episode that Mulder has been damn depressed. I wonder if that's because the 2012 invasion didn't happen. At least not in the way it was expected.... Mulder and Scully gave up everything, including their son because of 2012... could it be that Mulder began to question himself after this? Causing depression and his break up with Scully - because he feels he got it all wrong, and now - unbalanced - he is willing to jump to any crazy theory that might mean he wasn't totally wrong after all? With that second perspective, I'm a lot happier with the episode, as it reflects Mulder's fall, without betraying the legitimate mythology...

Looney
February 9th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I haven't said anything yet because I really did not like the first two episodes, or should I say I felt like there were scenes missing rather than saying I didn't like them. I felt like the story was jumping around and I was getting lost with what was going on and why, especially in the first episode. Anyway, I was just able to sit down and watch episode 3 on Hulu last night and I think it might be one of my top ten X-Files episodes of all time. I thought the writing was great and the casting was outstanding. Loved every minute. I hope the rest of the series is as good as episode 3. Can't wait to find time to watch episode 4. :D

Ian-S
February 10th, 2016, 06:20 AM
Episode 4 has a large chunk of stuff going on off screen as well, either they filmed far too much to squeeze into 42 minutes and had to cut a lot, or they've been phoning in some scripts.

By that I mean on screen nobody actually told Mulder about the other three murders (the two thieves and the woman), nor did he visit any of the crime scenes and from about half way on, they seem to forget there was another detective investigating too, yet later in the episode Mulder just casually mentions them to the artist in the underground bat cave type place. I know a lot of the episode surrounded Scully's mother, but they could have at least had Mulder glance at the phone once in a while and say 'been another murder', at least that way the two stories could have had some continuity between each other, instead of what they did show.

Congrats to whoever it was who predicted who was in the urn. It was someone here, I was wrong lol.

Alan
February 11th, 2016, 11:38 AM
The X-Files Revival: Lauren Ambrose Weighs In on Spinoff, Frantic Finale
By Kimberly Roots / February 11 2016, 9:37 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2016/02/11/x-files-revival-spinoff-lauren-ambrose-preview/

Is the basement office about to have two new inhabitants?

Only two episodes are left in The X-Files‘ revival, and Monday’s (Fox, 8/9c) installment introduces Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) and Robie Amell (The Flash) as FBI special agents who bear more than a passing resemblance to Mulder and Scully.

Amell’s Agent Miller is open to nontraditional ideas and explanations, while Ambrose’s Agent Einstein — a redheaded medical doctor who chose to make her career in the Bureau — is far more interested in solving mysteries by using clear-cut, irrefutable science.

Sound familiar?

Are the revival’s last two hours a set up for the rumored spinoff? In advance of her spooky debut, we asked Ambrose that very question (and a bunch more).

TVLINE | Did you have any reservations about taking this particular role in such a fan-loved series?
Well, yeah, I mean I suppose it was a little bit nerve wracking to go into this…this thing that is so beloved and such a touchstone of our cultural identity. [Laughs] Now that I’ve been a part of it, I realize how passionate people are about it. I didn’t have quite as much of a sense when I was just signing up.

TVLINE | So, I gather you hadn’t watched the original series much, if at all?
No. Yeah. It wasn’t really on my radar… I’d never really been much of a TV watcher, but I have watched them as they’ve been on TV, and I love it. I think it’s so wonderful and hopeful and just creative. I was aware of its long tentacles, but I never really saw it when I was younger.

TVLINE | That’s a pretty apt choice of words for this series.
[Laughs] Yeah. But I’ll tell you, they were all very welcoming of an outsider. It’s a very nice place to work, nice group of people. Chris Carter… to me it’s just his show completely, because he wrote and directed the ones I’m in… I felt like I was very much in the hands of an auteur and a creative-madman-genius kind of thing. He very much knew what he wanted and was very specific… I just felt in good hands under him because he was very specific.

TVLINE | I don’t want to spoil anything, but one of your scenes with David Duchovny is really out there.
[Laughs] Oh my god. Yeah.

TVLINE | What can you tell me about that moment, without giving too much away?
Well, as with all of these things, there’s so much talk about how we’ll do it, and what I’m going to wear, and all this stuff — and then it literally was the last scene on a Friday night, and we had about 10 minutes to accomplish the whole thing. It’s one of those moments where like the whole crew is just cracking into gear. Everybody is on point, because we have to get it done… It was pretty surreal to shoot and it all went very, very quickly, and then I jumped in the car and got in an airplane to go home. [Laughs] While pulling the false eyelashes off my eyes in the car on the way to the airport.

TVLINE | Details about the finale are tough to come by. Can you give me any tease at all?
There’s a lot of panic and something goes terribly awry, and of course they need to figure it out on a global scale… And I’m trying to help. My character’s trying to help.

TVLINE | Chris Carter has said that an Einstein-Miller spinoff isn’t officially in the works, but it’s also not off the table. Any update on that front?
Not from my agents, no. [Laughs] All I know is it was a great place to work, and I would love to do more. I love working with Chris and David and Gillian [Anderson]. They’re all amazing, talented people… and I would like nothing more than to do more.

Lorne
February 11th, 2016, 03:30 PM
If they do more than six episodes next season (he says hopefully), maybe Mulder and Scully could be featured in eight or so eps and Skinner, Einstein & Miller, Reyes, etc. could get their own episodes to fill out a full 12 or 13 episode order.

That way, we get more opportunities for some of the old guard (Spotnitz, Gilligan, Shiban, Gordon, and the guys we got this go-around) to write some stories, opportunities for some fresh faces to write some eps, and more X-Files all around for us, the viewers.

Of course, I would absolutely NOT turn down 13 episodes of pure Mulder & Scully either.

Lorne
February 19th, 2016, 01:42 PM
From Fox entertainment president David Madden on more X-Files after season 10 concludes:

We said before it aired that we would love to do more, and we are over the moon with the performance. So far, the response has been really encouraging … We haven’t talked to the talent yet about Season 2 in any more definitive way than we had prior to airing the show, but certainly, it seems like there’s an audience responding to the show that would love to see more episodes.

Ian-S
February 22nd, 2016, 10:51 PM
Well considering the cliffhanger it's been left on' I don't think there was anything other than a plan to at least do a TV movie to tie the story up, even if there wasn't a season 11 or spinoff.

So, does anybody else think:

William is piloting the ship? Gone rouge too like Monica? Since Monica was one of the few people who knew William was adopted, it would seem logical that her tie up with CSM also included locating and utilising William's tallents?

epg20
February 22nd, 2016, 10:52 PM
if you blinked you missed it,yes, in last weeks episode, you could see the lone gunmen, at least two of them, I only saw Richard "Ringo" Langly and Melvin Frohike, I never saw byers, it was WAY disappointing.

Characters Richard "Ringo" Langly, Melvin Frohike and John Fitzgerald Byers -- otherwise known as The Lone Gunmen -- will be showing up

Linda06
February 23rd, 2016, 10:41 AM
Watching the new episode, ep 3. It's funny watchng Mulder run around looking for a lizard with his camera flashing everywhere :lol:

Lorne
February 23rd, 2016, 02:21 PM
Watching the new episode, ep 3. It's funny watchng Mulder run around looking for a lizard with his camera flashing everywhere :lol:

That episode is just hilarious, start to finish.

Linda06
February 24th, 2016, 09:08 AM
That episode is just hilarious, start to finish.

And Scully's amused face when Mulder was trying to explain it and then telling her what she would say. Priceless

Flyboy
February 25th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Bloody hell people, spoilers! *angry*

losernerdfriend
March 20th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Season 10 of the X-Files was wonderful just because it was a new season. Never thought I would see anymore episodes/movies after IWTB, so all the new episodes were wonderful in their own way to me. How I rank the season:

1. "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
2. "Founder's Mutation"
3. "Home Again"
4. "Babylon"
5. "My Struggle I/II"

Can't wait to own this on blu-ray too! Heard they're putting in a bunch of extras for the fans. :)

Lorne
March 21st, 2016, 05:01 AM
Season 10 of the X-Files was wonderful just because it was a new season. Never thought I would see anymore episodes/movies after IWTB, so all the new episodes were wonderful in their own way to me. How I rank the season:

1. "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
2. "Founder's Mutation"
3. "Home Again"
4. "Babylon"
5. "My Struggle I/II"

Can't wait to own this on blu-ray too! Heard they're putting in a bunch of extras for the fans. :)

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, losernerdfriend!

I really loved the new season, too. Your rankings are almost identical to my own, though I have "Home Again" in the number two slot and "Founder's Mutation" in the the third slot.

I've already pre-ordered my blu-ray set from Amazon and I'm anxious to see all of the extras.

losernerdfriend
March 21st, 2016, 08:43 PM
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, losernerdfriend!

I really loved the new season, too. Your rankings are almost identical to my own, though I have "Home Again" in the number two slot and "Founder's Mutation" in the the third slot.

I've already pre-ordered my blu-ray set from Amazon and I'm anxious to see all of the extras.

Thanks! I have a hard time choosing my number two, just because I love "Home Again" and "Founder's Mutation" for different, but equal reasons. I thought the over storyline of FM was stronger, but Gillian KILLED IT in HA. It was very classic in the Scully-centric episode way.

I've also already pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon.. haha. Do you know if they have a release date yet? Last I checked, I hadn't seen one yet..

Lorne
March 22nd, 2016, 01:02 PM
I've also already pre-ordered the blu-ray on Amazon.. haha. Do you know if they have a release date yet? Last I checked, I hadn't seen one yet..

No release date yet that I'm aware of. I predict sometime in May, but that's just me speculating.

losernerdfriend
March 24th, 2016, 11:32 PM
No release date yet that I'm aware of. I predict sometime in May, but that's just me speculating.

That would make sense.

In other news, Happy One-Year Anniversary of the Announcement of Season 10 of The X-Files!!! Haha. That's a mouthful.

Alan
March 27th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Amazon are projecting a 13th June 2016 release date for Season 10 of The X-Files. That might be only the UK release date though so it could possible be a month earlier for the US.

Looking forward to owning it and revisiting these episodes without bloody adverts getting in the way and spoiling the mood.

Lorne
March 28th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Amazon are projecting a 13th June 2016 release date for Season 10 of The X-Files. That might be only the UK release date though so it could possible be a month earlier for the US.

Looking forward to owning it and revisiting these episodes without bloody adverts getting in the way and spoiling the mood.

Still no official word on a release date here in the States, so I'm just going to assume that June 13th will be our release date as well.

I hope this set has some great extras. The "X-Files: Re-Opened" feature is a given, but I'd also like some commentary tracks and expanded versions of the episodes. One of the most common complaints about the revival is that nearly all of the episodes felt compressed or too rushed in places, particularly the "My Struggle" bookends. Expanded editions for each episode would give the stories more room to breathe while easing up the pace a little.

Alan
March 28th, 2016, 05:19 AM
Still no official word on a release date here in the States, so I'm just going to assume that June 13th will be our release date as well.

I hope this set has some great extras. The "X-Files: Re-Opened" feature is a given, but I'd also like some commentary tracks and expanded versions of the episodes. One of the most common complaints about the revival is that nearly all of the episodes felt compressed or too rushed in places, particularly the "My Struggle" bookends. Expanded editions for each episode would give the stories more room to breathe while easing up the pace a little.

I can't see there being expanded episodes. But what I have heard is that David and Gillan have done commentary but I don't know for how many episodes. Gillian has recently said she is excited for everyone to see the gag reel for S10 which presumably will be included on the set.

Flyboy
March 31st, 2016, 02:21 AM
If anyone is interested, I wrote a review on the series for the 'I'm With Geek' website:

http://www.imwithgeek.co.uk/tvteam/looking-back-on-the-x-files-season-10/

Brother Freyr
March 31st, 2016, 09:59 AM
Are we certain that S10 is THE END, or are more episodes a (likely) possibility?

Flyboy
March 31st, 2016, 10:46 AM
Are we certain that S10 is THE END, or are more episodes a (likely) possibility?

There's discussion about the possibility of an S11... most participants are enthusiastic, Anderson is less so though.

It will depend on scheduling, costs, and network response.

hedwig
March 31st, 2016, 02:07 PM
There's discussion about the possibility of an S11... most participants are enthusiastic, Anderson is less so though.

Where did you hear this? :)

Flyboy
March 31st, 2016, 02:31 PM
Where did you hear this? :)

A variety of news sources;

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-02/23/x-files-season-11-more-new-episodes

That one sums it up nicely though!

losernerdfriend
April 10th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I can't see there being expanded episodes. But what I have heard is that David and Gillan have done commentary but I don't know for how many episodes. Gillian has recently said she is excited for everyone to see the gag reel for S10 which presumably will be included on the set.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the commentary is for E3, "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster". I could be wrong because I have no source, but I swear I read that somewhere a while ago..

Yeah I've heard that about Anderson as well, but I heard the major issue is just scheduling since DD and GA are busy with other projects.

Lorne
April 12th, 2016, 05:04 PM
The DVD/Blu-Ray set for Season 10 will be available June 14 here in the States.

From the official press release:

The X-Files - The Event Series Blu-ray & DVD Special Features:

Deleted & Extended Scenes
Gag Reel
The Makings of a Struggle
Season X: An In-Depth Behind-the-Scenes Look at The Event Series
Monsters of the Week: A Recap from the Wildest and Scariest from the Original Series
The X-Files - Green Production PSA
Short Film - Grace by Karen Nielsen
Commentary on "Founder's Mutation" with Chris Carter and James Wong
Commentary on "Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster" with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Kumail Nanjiani and Darin Morgan
Commentary on "My Struggle II" with Chris Carter and Gabe Rotter

Three commentary tracks -- awesome!

Interested to see that short film included.

losernerdfriend
April 13th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Thanks for sharing Lorne!! I'm super stoked to go through all these special features. Especially the commentary. :D I'd also be interested to see the deleted/extended scenes. See how much didn't make the final cut of some of these episodes.

Lorne
April 13th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks for sharing Lorne!! I'm super stoked to go through all these special features. Especially the commentary. :D I'd also be interested to see the deleted/extended scenes. See how much didn't make the final cut of some of these episodes.

I was hoping the deleted scenes would've been incorporated into the episodes, but I'm just glad we'll be able to see them. :)

losernerdfriend
April 13th, 2016, 12:01 PM
They might make an option to incorporate them.. you never know..

But yeah, I'd be interested in seeing both versions to see where things were taken out. Especially on "My Struggle II". I feel like they did a lot of cutting in that ep just because of how quickly the story was progressing. I felt like we were missing a lot of steps in between. >.<

Alan
May 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Will Not Be Replaced On The X-Files Says Chris Carter
by Shawn Rice May 9, 2016

http://www.business2community.com/entertainment/david-duchovny-dana-scully-will-not-replaced-x-files-says-chris-carter-01539099#rqkY4P54mYrrCut3.97

The recent run of X-Files episodes was considered a mild success with some episodes invoking the highlights of past ones and others being received okay. The series ended with a big cliffhanger which leads to the question, will the show come back to Fox for more?

An almost direct continuation of the Jan. 24 opener, “My Struggle II” revisited the series’ developing mythology and quickly careened toward a bigger cliffhanger than many likely expected. Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson), who barely shared a frame in the hour-long episode, were tasked with stopping a Syndicate-sponsored pandemic. It looked like they were going to be successful until a rather conspicuous UFO appeared over a panicked Washington, D.C., engulfing the pair in a bright light before the episode cut to black. It made the opening titles tagline “This is the end” that much more confusing.

The show’s creator, Chris Carter, spoke to IGN about the tonal evolution of his classic show, its legacy, and of course, his plans moving forward.

On replacing Mulder and Scully:

“You know, Fox came to me and said “have you ever thought of doing episodes without Mulder and Scully?” and I said “well, that’s an interesting idea, I’d never considered that”. And I don’t think I would ever consider it, to be honest. But in saying that, I thought it would be interesting for Mulder and Scully to kind of look in the mirror at themselves and see their younger selves reflected back, and how that might infuse the storytelling with another layer. And I was very happy to have cast Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose, who were perfect for the parts. I would love to see them come back even though we don’t have any kind of hold on them.”

On bringing X-Files back:

“There are a couple of things at work here. We’re in – let’s call it an ‘era’ – of reboots right now, so I think that there was a kind of trend being followed. And when I got the call it was simply an opportunity to do good work with people who were capable of doing good work. But it’s also a fantastic time to be telling X-Files stories. When we went off the air in 2002 the last thing people wanted to know was about government conspiracies, we were living in a time when we were looking to the government to protect us. But that’s changed now. We live in a time when institutions authority, government and global powers are being held to account and are under suspicion.”

On the success of the X-Files:

“I’ve always said the the secret to our success is David and Gillian. It’s Mulder and Scully. It’s that relationship. It’s also that we have a very strong female character in Scully, and a very respectful and protective character in Mulder. And I think those things resonate. As storytellers we’ve always tried to push the limits and never say die. All we’ve tried to do the best work that we can.”

In one of the longest-running science fiction series in network TV history, FBI special agents investigate unexplained, mind-bending cases known as “X-Files.” Though the government is convinced that the outlandish reports are false, conspiracy theorist Fox Mulder and realist Dana Scully, for most of the series, stop at nothing to prove that “the truth is out there.” Series creator Chris Carter also serves as executive producer of the thrilling pop-culture phenomenon.

The X-Files Event Series hits Blu-ray and DVD on May 25.

Alan
May 9th, 2016, 10:50 AM
8 May 2016
Chris Carter on Future X-Files: "I Can't Imagine There Wouldn't Be More"
Carter talks the past, present and future of his iconic show.
By Lucy O'Brien

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/chris-carter-on-future-x-files-i-couldnt-imagine-there-wouldnt-be-more

Spoilers for X-Files Season 10 ahead.

Although last season ended big cliffhanger, X-Files fans are currently in the dark regarding the roll-out of future episodes. What's going to happen to Mulder and Scully? Is humanity doomed? Are there probes on that UFO? IGN recently had the opportunity to chat Carter about the tonal evolution of his classic show, its legacy, and of course, his plans moving forward.

IGN: I'll start with the most obvious question first. Are there going to be more episodes?

Fox wants to do more. The ratings were good so there’s an appetite for more, I’m very pleased with the work that we did so I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be more.

By all accounts Gillian and David are very keen to do more as well.

That’s what I’m hearing from them directly and from their representatives.

I’d love to know more behind your decision-making behind playing around with tone in the last season. The third episode with Rhys Darby is such a hilarious outlier from the rest.

There are a couple of things at work. As the show went on through the years, after the success of Darin Morgan’s original comedy episodes, there were episodes that were sometimes light, or sometimes crazy and slapstick. And it became part of the recipe of the show. In season 10, we had Darin Morgan coming back, so we had the master of that part of our repertoire. With him coming back...we could take a breather between scary episodes, between thriller episodes and mythology episodes.

It must be satisfying for you as a creator to be able to play around so much.

I think light and dark has become a hallmark of the show. The show became different over the time. I think if we’d done it as a straight genre show, people would have been less happy than they were with this leavening of the mix.

Tell me about the decision-making behind introducing Agents Miller and Einstein.

You know, Fox came to me and said “have you ever thought of doing episodes without Mulder and Scully?” and I said “well, that’s an interesting idea, I’d never considered that". And I don’t think I would ever consider it, to be honest. But in saying that, I thought it would be interesting for Mulder and Scully to kind of look in the mirror at themselves and see their younger selves reflected back, and how that might infuse the storytelling with another layer. And I was very happy to have cast Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose, who were perfect for the parts. I would love to see them come back even though we don’t have any kind of hold on them.

Do you prefer helming the overarching story episodes or is directing the monster-of-the-week episodes as much fun as it seems?

I have to say I’ve got no preference. I love that the show can be so many different things. I love when it’s scary, and when it’s tongue-in-cheek. I love the mythology episodes because they’re very personal stories for the characters. I love the genre and I love taking new chances and reinventing things. I always love tackling fresh new material and trying to be as original as possible.

If you are moving forward with another season, where would you like to take The X-Files next?

I think you would see a mix not dissimilar to what you got in this last one. I’d like to get Darin back to do another episode. There are other people out there. There are many ways to skin this cat and I look forward to seeing who I can entice back to the X-Files world.

Why was 2016 the right time to bring X-Files back?

There are a couple of things at work here. We’re in - let’s call it an ‘era’ - of reboots right now, so I think that there was a kind of trend being followed. And when I got the call it was simply an opportunity to do good work with people who were capable of doing good work. But it’s also a fantastic time to be telling X-Files stories. When we went off the air in 2002 the last thing people wanted to know was about government conspiracies, we were living in a time when we were looking to the government to protect us. But that’s changed now. We live in a time when institutions authority, government and global powers are being held to account and are under suspicion.

Why do you think X-Files has lasted? Why are people still hungry for it so many years later?

I’ve always said the the secret to our success is David and Gillian. It’s Mulder and Scully. It’s that relationship. It’s also that we have a very strong female character in Scully, and a very respectful and protective character in Mulder. And I think those things resonate. As storytellers we’ve always tried to push the limits and never say die. All we’ve tried to do the best work that we can.

The X-Files Event Series hits Blu-ray and DVD on May 25.

Lorne
May 9th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks for posting these, Alan.

"The recent run of X-Files episodes was considered a mild success..."

With the high ratings it received in the States, I wouldn't characterize it as a "mild success" in an article posted on a site called business2communtiy.com. Quality-wise is arguable, but also subjective, and not very applicable to the business interests of Fox or its affiliates.

losernerdfriend
May 10th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks for posting these, Alan.

"The recent run of X-Files episodes was considered a mild success..."

With the high ratings it received in the States, I wouldn't characterize it as a "mild success" in an article posted on a site called business2communtiy.com.

I think it's hard to tell if it was mild or not. It did fantastic ratings-wise for the first two episodes, but I thought it plateaued by the end? Like it wasn't the top rated program every episode... The +3 and +7 ratings helped, but I think other programs still performed better... I might be remembering wrong tho. >.<

Anyways, it's a hard thing to look at because I think in terms of the reboot craze, it did fantastic. But there are new programs out that are getting better audiences then TXF received.

Alan
May 14th, 2016, 06:52 AM
posted: 5/14/2016 7:00 AM
How technology changed 'The X-Files,' on-screen and off
By Hayley Tsukayama
Washington Post

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160514/business/160519991/

Earlier this year, "The X-Files" got its chance at a reboot, with six new episodes filmed after fans campaigned to bring the show back. The new episodes were set 14 years after the series ended -- mirroring the real world since the Fox series went off the air in 2002.

But a lot has changed since then. How should Agents Mulder and Scully adjust to a brave new world of smartphones, streaming video and social media? Series creator Chris Carter, who was in Washington last month as part of the Smithsonian's "The Future is Here" festival, took some time to chat about how changing technology has affected the "X-Files" franchise -- on screen and off.

This interview has been condensed and edited for clarity.

Q. "The X-Files" got a reboot, in part, because of online fan campaigns to bring the show back. Can you talk about the Internet's impact on the revival?

A. There was always a strong movement to bring the show back; that drumbeat really is the reason we were asked to come back. There's a certain cynical point of view that we're just dusting off an old intellectual property. But for 20th Century Fox, the actors, and me and other writing producers, this was a chance to tell new stories in a new context. The show as a storytelling engine is evergreen. I think there are lots and lots of "X-Files" stories to tell and to be told.

It never fails to surprise me when someone comes up to me and says "I'm a fan of the show," and I know they either weren't born yet when the show premiered -- or they were just kids. There's a whole generation of kids out there who've come to join the show. And I had to be mindful, first of all, that the show was coming back because of those hard-core fans. I didn't want to beat them over the head with things they already knew and were familiar to them, because they were the reason that we came back in the first place.

Q. Do you think the ability to stream shows has had an effect on that fan movement?

A. Without a doubt. The fact that you can stream this show -- any time of day, from any platform, on mobile devices -- broadens our audience. It's good for the viewer and for the producers. It's the future.

Q. Obviously, technology has changed quite a bit since "X-Files" was last on air. Has that had an influence on your storylines?

A. Emphatically yes. There was always emphasis on Mulder and Scully and their cellphones. Those were the lifelines between Mulder and Scully, but they were bricks in their hands. They weren't even texting when we went off the air in 2002.

One major thing is the fact that almost everything to do with Mulder's pursuit and his quest of government conspiracy -- that all the attendant material is available with a keystroke -- means that Mulder can sit at home in his underwear continuing his work. And we're more cognizant of hacking. There's a scene where Mulder is speaking to Scully, for example, and we see him re-affix a little piece of tape over the camera on his laptop.

Q. Nice touch -- did you want to heavily address the current conversations about government surveillance in the show?

A. Yes. When we went off the air in 2002, it was in a political environment where we had basically placed all our faith in the government. We weren't interested in government conspiracies. Working 15 years later, that trend has reversed itself. It was ripe for telling these stories that were indicative of a whole new climate. We live in a "Citizenfour" world now. And the government has admitted spying on us. Really, the amazing thing to me is no one seems to put up much protest about that.

Q. How have technological changes affected "The X-Files" in the real world? Promotion, for example.

A. I was invited before we started making the show to a marketing meeting. I walked into a room, and there were about 50 people in the room. I joked that it takes fewer people on set to shoot a scene of a television show than were in that marketing meeting. A lot has to do with the fact that there are so many Internet mouths to feed. There's even a wing of the marketing team called "special ops" -- and I'm not sure what they do. There's an approach to marketing now that is absolutely directed at modern, mobile and social media audiences.

Q. How about your relationship to the fans?

A. I feel closer to the fans even though I'm not a social media user, really. It's a new medium. We grew up with the Internet, and ["X-Files" was] really one of the first to have a presence online -- in chat rooms, originally. This is new.

There's also something going on; I'll call it a metabolism effect. Things are consumed, digested and disposed of in quick fashion because there's so much media. It's more direct and immediate; it comes and goes in the blink of an eye.

Q. We often hear people who make shows or other media say that social media can be empowering for them. Do you agree with that?

A. It does empower, but it only empowers us to make a more direct and two-way connection. You do have to start thinking about how everything you say and do -- and record -- is possibly going to find its way into this other reality, which is the Internet reality. Knowing there's this new phenomenon of live-streaming video via Periscope, for example, puts what I do in a new light. You don't know if what you're doing is in a very public amphitheater.

It can feel like you're constantly watching your back instead of focusing on the work. We went to film a scene on the street in Vancouver, and Gillian Anderson [Agent Scully] looked at me and said, "Did you have to choose this location?" It was so public. There were so many paparazzi there. We had to digitally edit them out of the frame.

And there's a worry that whatever you do will show up immediately on the Internet. One of the big cards I hold is the element of mystery and surprise. I have the opportunity to lose that now. I risk not doing my job as well.

Q. Did you have problems while filming with things like drones overhead, trying to get spoilers?

A. We were operating a drone on our own, with a permit, and there was another drone that parked near it illegally. That is something that we had to contend with. And we had a day where we were filming green screen shots in a limousine, and there was an aircraft loudly circling us and disrupting our shoot, disrupting our ability to do our work. You know, we have to deal with all kinds of unexpected phenomena.

Alan
May 16th, 2016, 07:48 AM
X-Files won't return next season, but might for 2017-18
by James Hibberd (http://www.ew.com/author/james-hibberd) • @JamesHibberd

(http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/16/x-files-return-2017-18)http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/16/x-files-return-2017-18

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/styles/tout_image_612x380/public/1455411001/recaps-x-files-02.jpg?itok=f2wfJQ8A

Enlarge Photo (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/16/x-files-return-2017-18#)
(Ed Araquel/Fox)

Posted May 16 2016 — 9:34 AM EDT

It’s official: The X-Files won’t return for another installment next season.

But Fox is hoping to wrangle another edition for the season after that – fall 2017 or spring 2018.

On a conference call with reporters, Fox chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman said that all parties involved want to do another installment of the show.

The trick is figuring out the schedules of stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. So Fox hopes to announce another installment of the series at their upfront presentation next year.

“It was suggested that there’s an appetite for more,” series creator Chris Carter told EW in February (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/24/x-files-finale-chris-carter) about the possibility of another season after the return engagement’s finale. “When that will be, I have no idea. I wasn’t trying to set up a movie [with this finale], just an ongoing story.”

While X-Files was not on its schedule for fall, Fox announced its full slate for 2016-17 on Monday, and you can find that here (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/16/fox-schedule).

Lorne
May 16th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I'm disappointed that we have to wait so long, but I'm glad that more episodes are coming. . . eventually.