X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    "Avec toi" Celine Dion is a very nice song...I had goosbumps the first time I heard it. Oh yes the clips about the truth and Jack running to the force field .....That's great .

Thank you tracey

Caty
    It is. I have a few of her French cds (I got the newest one on my birthday last year ). They are, you have such a knack for them .

No problem Caty .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
      I always wondered that too! Well I guess he probably did but he also thought that it was the best thing for him to do (not the best thing for the show though). He wanted to do something different and now he is at the stage of missing the show again! He could have been upset, but I guess he had no choice in the matter, he left and the producers brought more people in...I guess it is up to them. But we know that it would have been much better with just David and Gillian .

Oh gosh that is such a tough one! Even though David is quite hot I think I would have to go with RDA (Sis, you will agree with me here, well I think )...there is just something about the silver hair . How about you, David or RDA?

~Tracey~

Well before I started to watch Stargate ..and the x-files was on ...Duchovny was really yummy for me .....then the x-files stopped ...

And then I thought Will Snow from the lost world ( Everybody at this forum wants him to be the next James Bond ..but he's Australien).....

Then Now ..It's obviously RDA..Something about him ..he 's very sexy...I also love the way he runs ....and talks....and I really like his sense of humor ..him or his character.
      I'm not usually keen on grey hair ....I keep telling my hubby that the day I see one grey hair on his head , I'll buy him a packet HAHAHA....but on RDA ..it's great ..cuz he has really thick hair I think..and he's not losing it either...so it's a big YES for RDA...and I liked his stomack in hathor ....I don't know if he still looks good but it would be nice to see more of his upper body in season 8. ...LOWER BODY TOO ...MIND YOU..but I suppose only Sam 'll see that!!!!

Caty

Comment

It is. I have a few of her French cds (I got the newest one on my birthday last year ). They are, you have such a knack for them .

No problem Caty .

~Tracey~

Tracey ...I lost a mp3 song from celine called " c'est pour toi" ..If you have it ..could you send it to me?! ...I can't even find it on the net anymore and I was just about to make that video yersterday and it was gone from my music folder..

Let me know if you have it ...and if you have ..it needs to be ripped into mp3 ...I also have some french CD's from celine but not that album ...I may be lucky with you !!!! Who knows!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by frootloopisi
          Right then, I've decided that deciding to post here on a more regular basis is a silly decision to make as whenever I decide to do that I end up posting even less which makes the whole decision thing pointless.
          Jeez Loopy! Way to make a girl's head spin!!! And not in a good way either!

As Tracey has said you can't change your nickname but you can have pretty colours! And a sig, and anyone can post piccies & things! So it's not all bad!

ROTFLMAO at the Janet Reno thing!!! I'm really not obsessed with the attorney general or whatever she is/was! *giggles*
          Jean Reno is this guy....

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000606/

.....and as much fun as it is to confuse you it was completely unintentional this time I swear!

Sis

Comment

It is! *Giggles* I am one of those concerned people too! I had forgotten about it but when you mentioned it my brain switched on and I remember it! Someone should find out about the coffee mug . Oh me too, for people who hate S9 a lot, we certainly have a good memory of it! Is that a little scary btw?
            Maybe it went back just before Reyes...maybe she landed on it, broke it & now it's in coffee mug heaven(or coffee mug hell!)....or not, but hey, it's a theory! And I wouldn't say hate, just really really really disappointed with it. Yeah it is quite scary but it's really not all that long ago that we saw it....

Yeah, mum said they did. She put it on but only watched it from when Mulder and Scully had gone to see cancer man in that cave (that shows how much she was interested in it ).
            Oh so she must have seen the death of Jim then! I still think the fruit bowl thing in Neighbours is one of the best death scenes ever .

Oh me too, they have to do a tv movie with an ending like that. Seeing all these creatures come and then Angel getting his sword up and *poof* that was it! I need to see more!
            Yeah & that's why I think that's the best kind of way to end a series, it leaves you wanting more & you don't have the chance to be disappointed with whatever closure type whatsit they come up with. Yep, isn't it always about this time of year that they start showing Buffy, after they've exhausted Stargate repeats several times over! I haven't seen S1 for ages though...maybe I should watch them again...

Every ending of a show at the moment has had something to do with Paris (I imagine the Friends one may have had the story done a while ago but I think SATC may have been first)...Smallville did as well!
            Oh I forgot about the Smallville one! Yes, Paris has had an influx of fictional characters recently...at least Buffy's in Rome, it's somewhere different at least!

They are indeed and that yellow one *thunk*. LOL I believe you did call them turnips...good memory . *Giggles* and speaking of Loopy, he has posted .
            Thunk indeed!
            He has & i'm still ROTFL over the Janet Reno thing *giggles*

Oh it was. The shoulder pads, the weird hairstyles, I am glad I was only in my little years in the 80s (well I was only 6 by the end of the 80s ), I didn't really know much. The 90s was when I started to take notice of things like fashion etc!
            And not to mention the lovely make up Yeah i'm glad I was only little too, still, the 90's had it's fair share of fashion nightmares!

Got your email, i'm going to have to reply to it later though, but I shall reply!

((((((huggles)))))))

Sis

Comment

Oh by the way who do you think is hotter.... Duchovny or RDA?
              Now here's a question I can't just ignore! Without even thinking i'd say RDA... there's just something about him, be it the tallness, the silveryness, or the sense of humour and I don't think there's a bad pic of the guy out there!

DD I liked for an absolute age but, well, not so much these days.....

Sis

Comment

Originally posted by thelittlesis
                Now here's a question I can't just ignore! Without even thinking i'd say RDA... there's just something about him, be it the tallness, the silveryness, or the sense of humour and I don't think there's a bad pic of the guy out there!

DD I liked for an absolute age but, well, not so much these days.....

Sis

Duchovny is really tall too ..but I agree ....RDA or Jack is better...the way he walks and runs...( i.g ...when he runs towards the force field in Upgrades" So sexy...

Caty

Comment

Well before I started to watch Stargate ..and the x-files was on ...Duchovny was really yummy for me .....then the x-files stopped ...

And then I thought Will Snow from the lost world ( Everybody at this forum wants him to be the next James Bond ..but he's Australien).....

Then Now ..It's obviously RDA..Something about him ..he 's very sexy...I also love the way he runs ....and talks....and I really like his sense of humor ..him or his character.
                  I'm not usually keen on grey hair ....I keep telling my hubby that the day I see one grey hair on his head , I'll buy him a packet HAHAHA....but on RDA ..it's great ..cuz he has really thick hair I think..and he's not losing it either...so it's a big YES for RDA...and I liked his stomack in hathor ....I don't know if he still looks good but it would be nice to see more of his upper body in season 8. ...LOWER BODY TOO ...MIND YOU..but I suppose only Sam 'll see that!!!!

Caty
                  Yeah same here. Although I was a little girl when the XF started (I was only 9 ) so I didn't exactly think DD was hot until I was at least 14-15ish. Now obviously I like RDA more and DD not so much (he is still great though)!

But yes, RDA is just so much better and I don't really care that he is in his 50s and I am only 19 (well 20 this year )! He has got a great sense of humour, that’s why I love Jack so much . And he really does like better with the silver hair. Oh his body in Hathor *nearly faints at the thought * was great, I bet he still has a great body. I mean look at all the missions they go on; he has to keep fit .
                  *Giggles* and what does your husband say to that then?

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Tracey ...I lost a mp3 song from celine called " c'est pour toi" ..If you have it ..could you send it to me?! ...I can't even find it on the net anymore and I was just about to make that video yersterday and it was gone from my music folder..

Let me know if you have it ...and if you have ..it needs to be ripped into mp3 ...I also have some french CD's from celine but not that album ...I may be lucky with you !!!! Who knows!!!

Caty
                    Oh really? That must have sucked big time! I have no idea if I have that one but I can certainly look for you . I will have a look when I am finished on here and then I will PM or mail you later and I will tell you if I have it (my brain is not that good and that is why I have to go and look, I can't remember *d'oh* )!

I have no idea how to rip it (if I have it) into mp3 but my brother does so I will get him to do it .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Maybe it went back just before Reyes...maybe she landed on it, broke it & now it's in coffee mug heaven(or coffee mug hell!)....or not, but hey, it's a theory!
                      ROTFL!!!! Coffee mug heaven or hell! Well it is a theory, and you know I have had loads of weird theories so it is your time to have some . I suppose you are right, hate is such a strong word; 'dislike some episodes' would have been better! I think it has been what, nearly 2 years since it officially finished on Sky One (I think) so it is not that long ago but then it kind of is, 2 years is a long time. But we are speaking about BBC2 and it ended just over a year ago didn't it? So that is not a long time ago!

Oh so she must have seen the death of Jim then! I still think the fruit bowl thing in Neighbours is one of the best death scenes ever .
                      She did indeed! And then when she watched Neighbours later on she mentioned Jim and the fruit bowl death . I actually can't remember it all that good but she can!

Yeah & that's why I think that's the best kind of way to end a series, it leaves you wanting more & you don't have the chance to be disappointed with whatever closure type whatsit they come up with.
                      That is true. And if they do decide to make a tv movie, they know people will come back and watch because it was left open like that! But then again, it is sometimes annoying to be left on a cliffhanger; I hate it when Stargate does it even though I know we get to see what happens in the next season!
                      Yeah, Sky one are so predictable aren't they? . Me either, maybe I should think about getting it on box set...I was swaying to getting S1 anyway (I did the coin toss btw like you suggested ) .

Oh I forgot about the Smallville one! Yes, Paris has had an influx of fictional characters recently...at least Buffy's in Rome, it's somewhere different at least!
                      I bet Lana will be back in Smallville soon though.... every one that went to Paris (or nearly as in the case of Rachel) did indeed come back! LOL yeah way-to-go to Buffy for breaking the mould and being different .

Thunk indeed!
                      He has & i'm still ROTFL over the Janet Reno thing *giggles*
                      I will post another piccie when you least expect it .
                      *Giggles* oh me too. But we know our Loopy loves to get confused and he loves to confuse others .

Yeah i'm glad I was only little too, still, the 90's had it's fair share of fashion nightmares!
                      They did actually. Shell suits and loads more *shudders*!

Got your email, i'm going to have to reply to it later though, but I shall reply!
                      No problem, like you said to me, reply when you can .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Oh really? That must have sucked big time! I have no idea if I have that one but I can certainly look for you . I will have a look when I am finished on here and then I will PM or mail you later and I will tell you if I have it (my brain is not that good and that is why I have to go and look, I can't remember *d'oh* )!

I have no idea how to rip it (if I have it) into mp3 but my brother does so I will get him to do it .

~Tracey~

Unless you can think of a song I could use for Sam and Cassandra with some Jack ..because that song was about children.

Thank you

Caty

Comment

Unless you can think of a song I could use for Sam and Cassandra with some Jack ..because that song was about children.

Thank you

Caty
                          I just actually looked at the email you sent me (I am slow I know but I can only even get on the net in the evenings ). I will go and have a look in a moment and if I don't have it then I will think of another song for you .

And no problem, I always love to help .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Duchovny is really tall too ..but I agree ....RDA or Jack is better...the way he walks and runs...( i.g ...when he runs towards the force field in Upgrades" So sexy...

Caty
                            Yeah, that's a point, he is isn't he! (just put it down to me not knowing what i'm typing ) And I hadn't noticed that about RDA, Jean Reno yes - he has a particular way of walking, but we weren't talking about him were we . I'm just going to have to watch Upgrades again in that case.... such a hard life!

Sis

Comment

ROTFL!!!! Coffee mug heaven or hell! Well it is a theory, and you know I have had loads of weird theories so it is your time to have some .
                              *giggles* I'm not sure inanimate objects believe in that sort of thing though! Still, where would weird theories be without being weird!
                              Yeah I think it was about a year ago it finished, I remember talking about the eps in the first thread. And I also remember talking with Sat on AIM while one was on & she was telling me what was going on....it happened to be the ep i'd seen in america & forgotten all about, it wasn't just a bad case of deja vu!

She did indeed! And then when she watched Neighbours later on she mentioned Jim and the fruit bowl death . I actually can't remember it all that good but she can!
                              LOL that just goes to show you can't think of him as anyone but Jim! Well it was a scarily long time ago, with all the old characters in & everything, I probably wouldn't recognise anyone if I watched it now.

That is true. And if they do decide to make a tv movie, they know people will come back and watch because it was left open like that! But then again, it is sometimes annoying to be left on a cliffhanger; I hate it when Stargate does it even though I know we get to see what happens in the next season!
                              Yeah exactly, and if they do then they shouldn't leave it so long that people forget about it either. Well I think sometimes there's a place for a cliffhanger & other times you're better off with a neat resolution. Angel is definitely the better for a cliffhanger though, just as Farscape was(although now they've made a mini series so we shall see...). I also thought the Lexvil.., er, Smallville season finale was good too.
                              Sky One...ever the predictable channel...run out of Stargate, yes, then lets put Buffy on...we haven't seen that in a while! On the plus side they're rerunning old ER's & that's always fun to see(well apart from the icky bits obviously!)
                              So has temptation got the better of you yet?...those box sets are still at a ridiculously low price...

I bet Lana will be back in Smallville soon though.... every one that went to Paris (or nearly as in the case of Rachel) did indeed come back! LOL yeah way-to-go to Buffy for breaking the mould and being different .
                              That's a really bad case of advertising for Paris though....'come here & you'll want to go right back home again' I'm sure it's not that bad!

I will post another piccie when you least expect it .
                              Like this you mean? .... https://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/ep.../Descent2.html I know we've both seen it a thousand times before but... *slurp*

Confusing Loopy....the amount of times i've done it, it should really go on my CV! *giggles*

They did actually. Shell suits and loads more *shudders*!
                              The dreaded shell suits!!! *runs screaming*

(((((huggles)))))

Sis

Comment

First of all I am totally surprised that the forum is working so well now. I am happy I can get on and finally reply to this post . It seems like ages since you posted it!

*giggles* I'm not sure inanimate objects believe in that sort of thing though! Still, where would weird theories be without being weird!
                                LOL maybe not . *Giggles* exactly. I am sure someone thought that Einstein's theories were very weird (and still do probably).
                                I remember reading all your posts...and you, Sat and Loopy talked a lot about Jim and neighbours and so I decided to post . LOL so Sat gave you a typing commentary .

LOL that just goes to show you can't think of him as anyone but Jim! Well it was a scarily long time ago, with all the old characters in & everything, I probably wouldn't recognise anyone if I watched it now.
                                Exactly. It is kind of like DD, I can't think of him as anyone but Mulder. I guess it was, I was probably only a wee little girl. I do remember it though because it was the whole decade of Scott and Charlene!

Yeah exactly, and if they do then they shouldn't leave it so long that people forget about it either. Well I think sometimes there's a place for a cliffhanger & other times you're better off with a neat resolution.
                                Exactly, I agree with that. It was...my brother said he read that Amy Acker and James Masters would be happy to do any Angel projects but the rest have not said anything yet ! Oh did you see 'the best of Angel' last night...I didn't vote for that one. It is an ok one but I wanted the one with Jasmine in!
                                *Giggles* Lexvile...it is quite true though! Yeah I saw that they are showing old ER's again. I haven't watched the first episodes in a long time!

So has temptation got the better of you yet?...those box sets are still at a ridiculously low price...
                                Erm, not quite yet. I get paid tomorrow (as you know ) so I may well order another one. Well why not take advantage of the boxsets being low, I am pretty sure they will go up soon and then I will moan about how I never took advantage of the low Stargate boxsets!

That's a really bad case of advertising for Paris though....'come here & you'll want to go right back home again' I'm sure it's not that bad!
                                LOL oh it is. Yeah, Paris looks like a great place to go too.

Like this you mean? .... https://www.stargate-sg1.com/home/ep.../Descent2.html I know we've both seen it a thousand times before but... *slurp*
                                *falls off her chair*...oh I was wondering when that piccie was going to be seen again. How he manages to look that good in water is beyond me!

Confusing Loopy....the amount of times i've done it, it should really go on my CV! *giggles*
                                Oh it should...under skills 'confusing my friend Loopy with confusing posts on the X-files thread in GW'...ok so it is going a bit over the top but oh well....

The dreaded shell suits!!! *runs screaming*
                                *Giggles* ok so I shall never mention them again ....

(((((huggles)))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X