This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC/SciFi Canceled SG1 but greenlighting this

TV Guide 9/18-24, Cheers and Jeers, "Jeers to NBC for greenlighting a reality show based on the movie "Wedding Crashers." Produced by "Punk'd" prankster Ashton Kutcher, "The Real Wedding Crashers" will use hidden cameras to record the high jinks when improv actors go undercover at actual nuptials. If a bunch of reality-TV jokers ruined our wedding , we;d be even angrier than Kyra Phillips' sister-in law."

Is this what they think people want to watch? I don't.

Re-Edited for this "Punk'd" prankster"
    Last edited by SciFiFan; 13 September 2006, 10:17 PM.

TV makes me want to cry. reality crap here. reality crap there.
    I'm getting in the fetal position now.

Comment

I feel the same way, I don't see putting on a show that hurts people, and take a show off that so many love.

Comment

...... If this is true, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. I may just do both.

Comment

It's true I have the TV guide right here for next week, it's in the Cheers and Jeers, pg 21. Bottom left.

Comment

I really would have thought this "reality" tv crap would have died out by now. I can't believe so many people watch this dren.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't see it myself also either. To me it sucks big time.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan
                TV Guide 9/18-24, Cheers and Jeers, "Jeers to NBC for greenlighting a reality show based on the movie "Wedding Crashers." Produced by "Punk'd" prankster Ashton Kutcher, "The Real Wedding Crashers" will use hidden cameras to record the high jinks when improv actors go undercover at actual nuptials. If a bunch of reality-TV jokers ruined our wedding , we;d be even angrier than Kyra Phillips' sister-in law."

Is this what they think people want to watch? I don't.

Re-Edited for this "Punk'd" prankster"
                Networks LOVE reality shows becuase they are SO friggin cheap to make. You get a bunch of idiots who will work for free, who sign away all rights when it comes to royalties, etc. and if the show is a success, the network/producer makes out like a bandit and the people who made idiots of themselves, well, one wins money and the rest get their 15 minutes of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by neptie
                  TV makes me want to cry. reality crap here. reality crap there.
                  I'm getting in the fetal position now.
                  we should all turn to channel scifi and leave it on that channel all day friday! and all night. i leave my cable box on sci-fi every friday night.
                  it does increase the rating's if u have the cable box on that channel.
                  i go to bed on mon-wednesday with my cable box set to channel CNN and it helps there ratings. b/c if the view me and put my record in the report, it shows that i watched sci-fi or cnn.
                  BTW Not changing the channel helps with the ratings.
                  i'm a student in HS, we have a media production class/program and 1 of my teachers was a TV reporter/Radio host/DJ/Producer & the executive of a non-profit org. now. So she's been through it all.

Her Name = Regie Richards

that a single national household ratings point represents 1%, or 1,102,139 households. of an estimated 110,213,910 television households in the U.S.

a 4.4 household rating equals 4.4% of 110,213,910 million television households or 4,849,412 households.

there-there.
                  Unfortunately, we do not have access to the total viewers numbers on a daily basis.

Also keep in mind, the number of actual total viewers CANNOT be determined from the household rating or household share.

So basicly it's a nothing but crap when it comes to the ratings.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                  pps = power per second
                  The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                  xfire = zpm
                  [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                  http://m2kclan.com
                  vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                  port: 3785
                  P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                  halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                  Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

1.6 average household rating when it premiered at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific last Friday, up one-tenth of a point from the last new episode two weeks prior.

September 2 saw a Stargate marathon on SCI FI instead of new episodes, due to the Labor Day holiday weekend.

Stargate Atlantis held its lead-in audience at 10 p.m. with "McKay and Mrs. Miller" also earning a 1.6. This is even with the previous new episode, and the first time this season that the two series have tied in the ratings (rounded off to the closest tenth of a point).

so that means that 1,600,000 people watched sg1 and sga on friday!

according to the nelison crap.

but i believe it's double or triple that #!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                    pps = power per second
                    The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                    xfire = zpm
                    [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                    http://m2kclan.com
                    vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                    port: 3785
                    P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                    halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                    Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Yeah but it's obviously still popular as proved by all those who watch s*** like Big Brother, Paris hilton's simple life and the knock off prog with BB's Nikki. If people didn't watch it they wouldn't make it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie
                        Yeah but it's obviously still popular as proved by all those who watch s*** like Big Brother, Paris hilton's simple life and the knock off prog with BB's Nikki. If people didn't watch it they wouldn't make it.
                        And that's the sad thing. 'Reality' crap has cut back quite a bit on scripted dramas, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I really would have thought this "reality" tv crap would have died out by now. I can't believe so many people watch this dren.
                          i don't. when that's all there is to offer -besides unfunny comedies- i put on some nature or nova show. and there's *really* interesting and entertaining!

but reality shows... i like fantasy, not watching real ppl make fools out of themselves, which seems to be the basis of most reality shows. (if i'm wrong, someone please let me know)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            And that's the sad thing. 'Reality' crap has cut back quite a bit on scripted dramas, etc.
                            It's not as bad as it was though. I remember a few years back Stargate was about the only thing I watched. But in the past 5 or so years, so many more great scripted shows have started up (The Dead Zone, the 4400, Lost, 24, House, Scrubs and so on- and those are just some of the ones I watch)

Comment

How is it related to Sg-1? I don't think it belongs to the Stargate news... no offense! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X