This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum Mirror

Why didn't General Hammond just put an iris-so-to-speak on it? They could have used to it to find a reality where nearly ANYTHING could be possible. The Ancients could have wiped out the Ori long ago and help everyone on the lower planes to ascend. We could then ask them for uber technology . I suppose it's due to the fact that it makes a pretty lame show...and the fact that it could also be the opposite (Ori owning Ancients.) But here is the thing that really confuses me...why is there an exact copy of the mirror, in every reality? Did the race who made it just decide to magically exist in every reality, and make them all look exactly the same? =/
    Last edited by hungrytrash; 13 September 2006, 08:23 PM.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

If the Alterans destoryed the Ori they never would have come to the milky way and so we wouldn't be here and neither would the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
      Why didn't General Hammond just put an iris-so-to-speak on it? They could have used to it to find a reality where nearly ANYTHING could be possible. The Ancients could have wiped out the Ori long ago and help everyone on the lower planes to ascend. We could then ask them for uber technology . I suppose it's due to the fact that it makes a pretty lame show...and the fact that it could also be the opposite (Ori owning Ancients.) But here is the thing that really confuses me...why is there an exact copy of the mirror, in every reality? Did the race who made it just decide to magically exist in every reality, and make them all look exactly the same? =/
      The race who created the mirror did it in the hopes that their counterparts in other realities would do the same, hence, you can only travel between worlds where the mirror exists (using the mirror).

Comment

But remember, there's an infinate number of parallel realities, so technically, there's an infinate number of quantum mirrors, cuz however many realities don't have them, there's still an infinate number with them.
        Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
        - General Hammond

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Clark
          But remember, there's an infinate number of parallel realities, so technically, there's an infinate number of quantum mirrors, cuz however many realities don't have them, there's still an infinate number with them.
          Yeah, but there's also an infinite number of ones where they didn't create it.

Comment

infinity is fun.

Comment

Well, it's not infinite. It's NEAR infinite. By the way, what is the square root of infinity?

ALSO, don't assume the Ancients made the quantum mirror . Oh yeah, and I'd be fine with the whole, "their counterparts would make it," it's just that why did they all make them look EXACTLY the same? There was also a reality where the quantum mirror was in the middle of nowhere, it was basically a primitive Earth where no life evolved even close to the level it is at now. I guess they just decided to pop a mirror there for fun? And why are they all in the same spot? When Daniel went through the mirror offworld, the mirror in the other reality was there as well, but when they moved the mirror, the mirrors in the other realities also moved.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

The reality with the quantum mirror on the beach used the same picture that the creator of "Urgo" (episode 3x16) transmitted to probes that came through the stargate. Presumably the race that created Urgo came across the mirror, took it, and had it in their base with the stargate. Thus the image of the utopian beach was transmitted to the mirror as well as to any probe that would come through the stargate.

If you will note, "Point of View" (the ep that was the second quantum mirror ep) comes just a few episodes before Urgo (it is 3x06). This was likely a tie-in to Urgo, or perhaps a clue. If so, this would be an unusual bit of foresight on the part of the stargate writers.

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
                  ...And why are they all in the same spot? When Daniel went through the mirror offworld, the mirror in the other reality was there as well, but when they moved the mirror, the mirrors in the other realities also moved.
                  It just happened that in TBftGoG that the mirrors were on the same planet and since Daniel was skimming simalar realities in PoV, they were all in the SGC, but remeber at the begining the mirror was at Area 51 and Alt-Sam and Alt-Kawlasky's mirror was at the "SGA"

Perfecto!

Comment

Is it not possible that some race from one reality was able to breack realities (I mean, mckay and ms miller shows us its possible), and in order to convenience their travel through realities, they developed the quantum mirrors and inserted them in to different realities?

Idk, just a thought.

Comment

Very possible. Good thinking .

Comment

here is a thought maybe we can get another one from the ori's ancient junk yard

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Working...
                        X