X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Infinity part of FCC action

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=72214

Snippet:

WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Lawyers for the Office of Communication of the United Church of Christ (OC, Inc.) today (Sept. 12) sent a letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, requesting that the Commission take action on several OC, Inc.-sponsored petitions to deny pending license renewals, and expressing concern that the FCC has waited for more than two years to act.

<snip>

Dale Kunkel, professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Arizona and one of the experts that reviewed the programming in 2004, said, "A program that includes one violent attack after another (as in Ace Lightning and Stargate Infinity) cannot seriously be said to teach children to 'get along with others,' as WDCA claims."

"Ace Lightning and Stargate Infinity are among the most violent 'children's' shows I have seen in my 20 years of studying children's television," said Kunkel.

Stargate Infinity was one of the most violent childrens shows he's seen?

I'd seriously think that's cool, but i've seen Infinity and it's a piece of crap and definitely does not fit that description.

It's even more laughable because Infinity was cancelled some time ago, so still using it as an example is stupid because it's not getting it's renewal licence.

Stupid church organisation. religion takes the fun out of everything.

sigpic

Comment

They probbly chose it cos it was canned, as that reduces the number of arguements.

They could have easily used something like Pokemon, where kids train pets to beat the living bejeezus out of each other for trinkets.

Comment

Why, oh why can't they let the parents chose what their kids see?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
          Why, oh why can't they let the parents chose what their kids see?
          Do you have young kids? It's almost impossible to control what your children watch unless you deny the entire family privileges like TV, computer, going over friend’s houses, and a social life, etc...

Sure, you can put electronic censor products on your electronics but its kids jobs to find ways around everything you put in their way. All you do is become the bad guy.

I'd rather teach my kids right from wrong so they can make their own decisions about what they watch. BUT if I ever CATCH them they are in for it, big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta
            They could have easily used something like Pokemon, where kids train pets to beat the living bejeezus out of each other for trinkets.
            And where they forcefully capture live animals.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It's a bit like something that's happened recently in the UK. A woman complained to the TV compaints people because an old Tom and Jerry cartoon showed Tom smoking - she complained about this and they upheld it so they are going to have to edit the ciggie out. How silly is that? I mean yes, smoking is bad but to edit it out of old footage is just stupid. Also is she saying "I don't want my kids to see them smoking but it's ok to see the characters kicking the c*** out of each other"
              sigpic

Comment

This is ridiculus i hope to god that these people never take on sg1 or atlantis they'd die and sue the shows
                sigpic

Comment

And what children's TV shows are even marginally educational these days? Sesame Street is the only thing that comes to mind.

Comment

Tellytubbies? That taught me to say "eh oh"
                    sigpic

Comment

That stupid mother****ing piece of ****!! And that is to put it mildly! I hate the FCC, SCI FI and Democrats (jk....)

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Stargate infinity should have a suite filed in the FCC stating it is too stupid to be an actual TV show, therefore it must be some sort of alien plot to destroy the brains of the young.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I have never even seen or heard of the show. Anybody know where I can see a trailer or something for it ?

Comment

Originally posted by hkgonra
                            I have never even seen or heard of the show. Anybody know where I can see a trailer or something for it ?
                            Consider yourself lucky, and do whatever you can to not even come across anything from this show, from clips, trailers, reruns on tv or even that damn theme song.

You are unspoilt by the evil that is Stargate Infinity so you should stay that way.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hkgonra
                              It's an animated Stargate series that ran for a year, I think.

That's all I know. I've never seen it.
                              Make it spin!

Comment

Working...
                              X