The Invisible Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Invisible Map

Hi! I'm new to the Lost forum (was on the SGA board as you can tell from my sig!) and I'm LOVING IT!! I don't know anyone in my small town who watches Lost, so my sweetie and I have no one to talk about it with!

Unfortunately I don't OWN any of the episodes (rented the discs from the video store) so I can't rewatch them when I want to refresh my memory , so please forgive me if I occasionally screw up my details a bit!

My current obession is the MAP!! I found two great pics of the map.

This is "as it appears" in the episode:
    http://www.damiansplace.com/Pics/Lost/map.jpg

and this is the map with the graffitti and notations made clear (complete with translations of all the latin! (except they forgot to translate the phrase Aegrescit Medendo, which means "the ailment worsens as the cure is applied".
    http://www.barnapkins.org/lost/map.jpg

I'm intrigued by the scribbled out station/hatch in the upper left!
    Also, notice that some stations/hatches are outlined with dotted lines and some with solid lines.

Thoughts? Theories?

AT
    Last edited by thistledown; 12 September 2006, 11:54 PM.
    thistledown
    sigpic

Well, CV I, CV II, CV III, etc could be Roman Numerals, but unlikely due to the gap after CV. If it were the case, CVIII would be 108... Which is interesting...

Another Theory, is that CV stands for Cerberus Vent, a Hole in the Ground for The Monster/Security System, due to the Greek/Roman Myth of the 3 headed beast, guarding to The 'Underworld' (which the hieroglyphics traslate to)...

Also, the 3 Head's could be the Organic Creature, the Tech Creature & Smoke Creature. The Tech Creature was the Creature that tried to drag Locke down a Hole, possibly a 'Vent?'

If all that was the case, The Losties would be in trouble due to CV II, CV III & CV IV being right next to the Swan...

Plus, on there's apparantly a Dharmatel, an Intranet that possibly could Link the Station together, hence how Michael supposidly communicated with Walt. This could be what the Lines joining the Stations together are?...

The Question Mark is probably what Eko was Looking for in '?' but instead found the Pearl... it could be a central Hub for the Dharmatel, possibly attached to the Radio Tower, or possibly a general Communications Area, dealing with Dharmatel, The Radio Tower, Remote Viewing? Whispers?...

(On a side note, It'd be rather cool to see the Song Transmision that Hurley & Sayid found actually originating from here, due to it being played by a Guy in there...? Just IMHO of course...)

There's quite a few interestign Theories & Facts on Lostpedia-Blast Door Map Which is worth a Glance, if you haven't already, imo....

Comment

this was discussed heavily in the Lockdown thread.
      and I think maybe even another thread here.
      anyway, here's the maps I posted in the Lockdown thread after the episode aired:

map version 1: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=18

Map version 2 (better one): http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=21

Comment

I think the map is very intruiging. Expecially all that CV buisness. Perhaps the CVs are a link to the Whispers or sometihng like that.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

^ Some of the whispers are really interesting, some people have analysed and translated them, if I find the site, I will post a link. (Note: I cant guarentee their authenticity, but it seems likely that they would translate to something IMO)

http://lostwhispering.blogspot.com/
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
            this was discussed heavily in the Lockdown thread.
            and I think maybe even another thread here.....

my apologies!

I've tried to be thorough in my reading before posting, but 2 years worth of episodes..

I assumed the "episode" threads had to be about the eppies as a whole and "items" like the black smoke etc, would be separate. My bad.

Thanks for the links! My investigation into Lost on the internet is just beginning and I love links!

AT
            thistledown
            sigpic

Comment

It's a bit of both unfortunately- There isn't really a rule about where what things should be dicussed - there is a thread started for each episode so people discuss what has happened in there, but then theories and ideas are also discussed in the main forum. Because the map has the potential to be such a big thing (even thought it was on screen for such a short time and only Locke saw it) it has been heavily discussed in the episode thread already. People just point that out to prevent multiple threads being started
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
                Thanks for the links! My investigation into Lost on the internet is just beginning and I love links!
                For anyone still interested, I've found this version of the map to be quite good: Interactive Blast Door Map

EDIT: 400!

Comment

Well there is a good article on the map on Lost Pedia.
                  Heres the link http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Blast_Door_Map
                  Warning does include spoilers for 2x23 Live Together Die Alone
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Woo!

Nice links, Aurum and Sam!

I hadn't known the extent of the LOSTverse! I am STRUGGLING to catch up with everyone!

AT

and CONGRATS! on the 400 Aurum!!
                    Last edited by thistledown; 19 September 2006, 05:42 PM.
                    thistledown
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X