This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - NBC Viewer Panel

I've mentioned this in the past, but due to the current situation (SG1 being cancelled), I thought it might be time to mention it again. (Thanks to Sally at the samandjack Yahoo Group for reminding me about it.)

NBC Universail has a Viewer Panel site located here:

http://www2.rresults.com/1809998/def...TOKEN=13346010

or

http://tinyurl.com/b43vj

This panel ALSO covers the SciFi Channel (and a link to the panel is included with the SciFi Channel's weekly e-mail newsletters).

"Become an NBC Universal panel member and give us valuable feedback on your favorite TV programs, including those on Sci-Fi.

The best way to give feedback is to become an NBC Universal panel member. We'd love to hear your comments."

I've been a member for over a year, and receive invitations every now and then to participate in surveys.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Ok, I did it. Was disappointed that there was no mention of Stargate on the survey, but perhaps this will give me another 'in' to mention it. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Originally posted by chazevelt
      Ok, I did it. Was disappointed that there was no mention of Stargate on the survey, but perhaps this will give me another 'in' to mention it. Thanks for the post!
      The link's been floating around the Yahoo lists for about a week now, and what is disappointing is that SciFi really does get very little mention (although It was thrillng to tell 'em I don't watch any of their soaps It shows where NBC is at - not with science fiction!

Comment

I signed up, out of curiosity. We'll see what we can do regarding NBC, USA, and SciFi.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I just signed up too. We'll see what happens.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            I signed up, out of curiosity. We'll see what we can do regarding NBC, USA, and SciFi.
            Heh, that makes 3 of us who signed up now. Troulbe is, hm, I really don't watch all that much on NBC!

Comment

Ill give it a shot.
              "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

I have been on that list for several years know. Last year I was sent a survey specificially on SciFi Channel. It was all about Stargate and Battlestar Galactica. There were in depth questions on specific characters and it included both mulitple choice type questions and a few open ended questions for response up to 300 characters in length.

I get a survey to fill out from them about every other month and they also ask different questions about both specific shows and networks.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I hate Sci-Fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                    I hate Sci-Fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
                    Feel better now? It's always much healthier to voice your deepest feelings, rather than trying to sublimate them. BTW, I HATE Sci Fi too.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I have been answering these viewer panel questionaires from NBC for about a year, and the one I just answered was very heavy on SCIFI, probably based on my initial responses.

Highlights of what I was asked/or said:

Why has SCIFI network performed worse compared to 6 months ago? answer: Because they are showing more non-scifi related shows, like wrestling and have recently cancelled a flagship show Stargate SG-1.

I was offered a number of shows for initial rating as excellant, good, fair, poor, don't know...from NBC, USA, SCFI. I answered that SG-1, Atlantis, BSG were excellant and make a point to see. Eureaka I answered Good and watch when I can. The next 2 sets of questions were about why I liked Atlantis and Eureaka, No questions at all about SG-1.

I was asked storline questions, asked to rate categories (ie action, sfx, romance, military, etc) for ranges from too much to not enough.

It also asked me to rate characters on each of the shows for likeability, with follow-ups on those rated very high or very low.

All in all I thought the the questions were slanted to promote Eureaka, but only marginally. They were pretty indepth for Atlantis as well.

Final impressions were I was pretty impressed with how much they asked about the shows, (there were sections for essay answers, not just check the box responses), but was disappointed with no SG-1 follow ups since I rated them just as high as Atlantis.

Comment

Hi Morjana.
                        I signed up. No mention of SciFi or Stargate, but I got to promote my "Law and Order" shows.
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                        X