This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's PsP

When Vala and Teal'c are searching for the creature in "Uninvited", I was surprised to see that Vala's tracker looked strangly like a PSP. (Advanced technology or portable enterainment?)

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...vited0552.html
    Thats all i got.

Comment

Ehum... http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35196

Comment

she is trying to look like she is doing somthing, she is watching our "earth television"
        Under the Ice of Antarctica....
        O'Neill: I cant go on....
        Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapwave

Comment

Originally posted by turbov21
            Couldn't remember what that thing is called. But it's been seen in Stargate since late in the first season of Atlantis (before the PSP was released).

a time to mourn

Comment

What Vala's holding is different from a Tapwave. It has a light streak going down the upper side, something the Tapwave lacks.

Comment

I would definitely have to say it is a PSP

Looking at the image in both threads and it appears they have added some stuff to it so it covers things like the PSP text and the silver circle on the back, plus added something to cover the shoulder buttons.

However, the image in this thread appears to me as if the PSP is upside down, mainly because of how the top of the device looks (as it looks different in this image because it contains no silver at the top and appears to be something different.

In all three shots it looks different, but that first image does seem to be it upside down,with Vala's finger covering the charger port.
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

maybe she likes liberty city stories
                  Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
                  Through passion, I gain strength.
                  Through strength, I gain power.
                  Through power, I gain victory.
                  Through victory, my chains are broken.
                  The Force shall free me.

WEIR: Rodney, if the hive opens up on us, I want Orion's drones.

SHEPPARD: Which means we're gonna need the hyperdrive to get in position.

McKAY: Which means we'll need shields, which means you want everything!

SHEPPARD: I like everything! Can we do it or not?

McKAY (sarcastically): Well, don't get up! (He clicks his fingers at one of the crew.) Shields!

Comment

It is a Tapwave, most definately.

Tapwave

PSP

Comment

It's most definately not a Tapwave. Or a PSP. Look at this picture:
                      http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/175/vp2p1zx3.jpg

There's a white strip of something going across the top of it and there's something sticking out the back of it (or at least something etched on it). These features can both be seem on the PSP.

It's closer to a PSP than a Tapwave, though in some shots, its shape is very Tapwavy (like the one where you see the streak, you see it dips down at the middle). There's also the fact that you see what appears to be a bright-colored (white?) dial (or four buttons) to the left whilst the buttons on the PSP are pitch black with the symbols in different colours.

Maybe they made a hybrid inbetween a PSP and a Tapwave. >_>'

What I can say for certain is that it looks like both! It depends on what aspects you're looking at. It seems the prop department might've just based it off a Tapwave and a PSP.

Comment

comon guys, honsetly, its a bloody PSP

look at the stripe
                        Under the Ice of Antarctica....
                        O'Neill: I cant go on....
                        Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

It's definitely a PSP. Even in this image, http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/175/vp2p1zx3.jpg , they've obviously added things to cover the shoulder buttons plus the PSP text on the back.

sigpic

Comment

But judging from this screenshot:
                            http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/605...ted0552yo7.jpg

The thing has a little dip on top at the center (it goes down slightly) and the buttons to the left are bright white or something instead of pitch black. Not to mention the screen isn't wide enough to be a PSP.

It seems to be a hybrid of both the Tapwave and the PSP. >_>'

Comment

The little dip at the top would be A: The mini USB port for connecting to your PC or B: if the PSP is being used upside then it could the screw that is right in the middle, just beside the barcode. Even that silver streak above the top could easily be the top or bottom of the PSP. In the previous picture that silver bit is missing, like they covered the thumbsticks in one image, yet in the next she used it upside down and was using her finger to cover the charger port.

In the end, still proves to me that it's a slightly changed PSP.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X