This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Tues, 9/12 - Pierre Bernard on Conan O'Brien

Pierre Bernard, the graphic artist for the Late Night Show with Conan O'Brien (NBC) announced to the SG1-Spoilergate group:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1.../message/23856

That there would be another segment on the Conan O'Brien (NBC) show tonight on the cancellation of Stargate SG-1 (late Tuesday night, early Wednesday morning).

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Nice, at least you told us ahead this time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Nice, at least you told us ahead this time.

Ah...Pierre (bless his heart) also wrote me a separate e-mail this time, for advance warning.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
        Ah...Pierre (bless his heart) also wrote me a separate e-mail this time, for advance warning.

Morjana
        Now that was good thinking.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

Morjana
          Now THAT'S one smart fella...thanks for the heads-up, Morjana.

Comment

Saw it... they did a little mini-skit where Pierre came on in an SG-1 uniform, said the fans would take Stargate to another network, and Conan had Jon Lovitz fake-call Mark Stern to demand reinstatement of the show.

Can't get any less subtle than that!!!
            Frak! --Apollo
            Frak you. --Cain
            FRAK Me! --Kat
            frakwit! --Tyrol
            B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace
              Saw it... they did a little mini-skit where Pierre came on in an SG-1 uniform, said the fans would take Stargate to another network, and Conan had Jon Lovitz fake-call Mark Stern to demand reinstatement of the show.

Awesome! I'm sad I missed it. Hopefully someone will post a link to the segment soon enough.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace

Oh, my! Jon Lovitz participated too! LOL!

I've got my TiVO set for this one!

Thank you, takinspace!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Glad to watch it

It's about 35 minutes into the show, after the interview with a guy from "Scrubs" and the commercial break immediately following. Conan kicks off the next segment with word of the cancellation.

I didn't disclose everything... Conan is a solid player in the plot too
                  Frak! --Apollo
                  Frak you. --Cain
                  FRAK Me! --Kat
                  frakwit! --Tyrol

Comment

Ooh... only a few hours late... dang. I hope someone posts it!
                    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

man i just missed it by 5 mins

Comment

They made another pass at the SG-1 situation on Conan tonight (Tuesday) and it was NOT subtle... even had a fake phone call to Mark Stern to demand "reinstatement of the Stargate program." Yeeeeeeeha!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35192
                        Frak! --Apollo
                        Frak you. --Cain
                        FRAK Me! --Kat
                        frakwit! --Tyrol

Comment

Youtube link, please?
                          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                            Youtube link, please?
                            I wish I had one... right now it's just binary in a corner of my Comcast DVR

But if a link shows up visit it fast... NBC was pretty vigilant about having the 'Recliner of Rage' one yanked from what I read...

Transcript (by me)

Spoiler:
                            Cut to Conan (serious look): I just want to mention something though, if you're a fan of science fiction, you've probably heard that the Sci-Fi channel recently cancelled one of their longest-running shows, Stargate SG-1.

Cut to Video: Still of a promo cast shot of Jack (center) Sam (left) Daniel Jackson (right) Teal'c (left rear), Hammond (right rear), with a glowing stargate as background, with the "Stargate SG-1" logo beneath. Looks to be S1 or S2.

Cut to Conan: Well ladies and gentlemen, no one has been hit harder by this news than our one of our show's graphic designers, Pierre Bernard.

Cut to Video: Close-up still of Pierre from shoulders up. He does NOT look happy.

Cut to Conan: Yeah. Pierre, Pierre has been a devoted fan of Stargate since the beginning, and like millions of other fans, the show has become part of his life. Pierre has not been taking it well. For a week now, he has been coming to work in a Stargate uniform.

Cut to video with Conan narration: Still of Pierre entering a door, in a blue SG-1 facility uniform & Stargate SG-1 cap, looking despondent.

Conan: All he does is either stare at his Stargate screen saver,

Still of Pierre, still in uniform, staring seriously at a computer screen, less than 1 foot away from his nose, with the Stargate as background and RDA in desert camo in the middle.

Conan: Or organize his collection of Snapple bottlecaps.

Still of Pierre, still in uniform, sitting at a table with a pile of Snapple bottlecaps that looks about 1' high and maybe 3' in diameter.

Cut to Conan: Frankly, it's breaking my heart. So I asked Pierre if there was anything I can do, he begged me to let him come on the show, this show, and make his case to Sci-Fi channel executive Mark Stern, one of the people responsible for cancelling his favorite show. So here he is, Pierre Bernard. Pierre let's get in here...

Enter Pierre, stage right, in uniform, waves to audience on the way in, stands next to Conan's desk. (audience cheering)

Pierre: Conan. (shakes hand back)

Conan: Pierre, (shakes hand) Let 'er rip. Go ahead.

Cut to Pierre from shoulders up: Hello Mr. Stern. I'm Pierre Bernard Jr. Maybe I'm just a small fry, and my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but there's millions of other small frys out there and if you won't give us more Stargate, then we-we'll go to another channel that will. Thank you.

Conan: Ok, very well said (audience cheering). Very well said. (something inaudible over audience cheer). You know Pierre, I've got a, uh, I've got a lot of pull in show business, so to help you out I've enlisted an actual celebrity to call executive Mark Stern at the Sci-Fi Channel and plead your case, what do you think of that?

Pierre: Great!

Conan: Alright, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Jon Lovitz.

Enter Jon Lovitz, stage right, to loud audience cheer, waves, smiling. He walks to a phone on a podium, steps back out, does a half curtsy to audience, steps back to podium.

Jon (in ingratiated falsetto): Thank you! (change to deeper determined voice) Don't worry Pierre, I'll have your show back on the air in no time.

Jon picks up the handset, taps buttons on base of phone and then slaps the phone's dialpad with his bare palm.

Jon: Yes, HELLO, get me Mark Stern please, thank youuuu.... (pause) Ohhhh Mr. Stern, Hello. This is Jon Lovitz, and I would like you to reinstate the Stargate program, IMMEDIATELY! (with a lean towards camera!) What? (exasperated exhalation) Lovitz. (laughter) Yes, Jon Lovitz, from Saturday Night Live. And I'd like... The Benchwarmers. My fabulous new stand up comedy tour? The guy from the Subway commercials? No, the other guy? Yes. Hello? Hello? (hangs up phone)

Camera zooms in to Jon from shoulders up: Outrageous!!!

Jon picks up phone!: Hello? Conan's Gay????

That's what I got without closed captioning... definitely worth watching, it's funny. I couldn't write down all of Lovitz' physical humor, but he was... ACTING!!!!!!
                            Last edited by takinspace; 13 September 2006, 12:57 AM.
                            Frak! --Apollo
                            Frak you. --Cain
                            FRAK Me! --Kat
                            frakwit! --Tyrol

Comment

It was funny. They actually had Jon Lovitz do the fake phone call to Mark Stern.
                              Last edited by Giantevilhead; 13 September 2006, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X