This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a second supergate??

Just watching Counterstrike and Adria said that more ships are coming. So does that mean there is a second supergate as the first one is still in use (the Pegasus project). If so then this could mean that we could get a connetction to the Ori galaxy.

That one WAS the second supergate. SG1 destroyed the first one.

As for what Adria said, she may not know about the supergate yet.

Comment

For all they know, it's the Ori galaxy supergate that's connected to ours. No way to figure out who's dialing in, otherwise we would know where they are and be able to send nukes cross-galaxy.

Comment

Here's a question for you, back when they first encountered the blackhole affect on the stargate and the effect it had on their side of the gate; why aren't they seeing an affect on this side of the supergate? I mean that thing is huge, and the blackhole is doing it just like it did the gate at the SGC?

And what happens when the other gate gets into the blackhole? Does the supergate disappear, implode, lose the connection?

Comment

One would assume that if there isn't another Super-gate already, there will be soon.
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

the gate in pegasus should of already been sucked in the black hole and possible destroyed

who noes
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
              the gate in pegasus should of already been sucked in the black hole and possible destroyed

who noes
              They said in the episode that won't happen for a LONG time. Also, with time moving slowly, it probably won't disconnect in real time for quite awhile.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They're probably planning on building a new supergate. It doesn't seem hard to do. All they have to do is collapse a planet into a black hole. And do the same over here.

Comment

Either another one will be active soon or they are taking the long way to our galaxy through hyperdrives.
                  I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo_83
                    Here's a question for you, back when they first encountered the blackhole affect on the stargate and the effect it had on their side of the gate; why aren't they seeing an affect on this side of the supergate? I mean that thing is huge, and the blackhole is doing it just like it did the gate at the SGC?
                    There aren't any nearby planets to be affected, though.

Comment

If there isn't a new one active already, I'm sure there soon will be. Our blocking this most recent Supergate isn't going to stop them from coming. IMO, they'll build as many as it takes to get their forces here.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What if the Ori create several Supergates? that would mean that they could send ships all over the galaxy giving them a Huge advantage as it would be hard to see when the Ori ships come. and we can keep doing what we did in the pegasus galaxy. They may stop that from happening like they did we us trying to dail to the Ori galaxy.

Comment

That's probably why they deactivated it though. If they kept it open then the delayed-time-dilation effect would have caused travel through the gate to eventually become dangerous. SGC doesn't care about that, so they just left it on.

Comment

vala destroyed the first one. there's most likely another one the third
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Can i point out that I mean the second supergate is a new one not including the one vala destoryed

Comment

Working...
                              X