PDA

View Full Version : Stargate hits iTunes

AndyStargateUK
February 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Who else feels that Sony should set up a deal with Apple to sell Stargate: SG1 and Stargate Atlantis on i-tunes* video downloads?

On the forum currently there are some who speculate with the lack of adverts on downloads compared to Sci-Fi mean more people are downloading Stargate and Stargate Atlantis which seems to be having a negative impact on ratings which is a key factor is deciding whether a series gets renewed for another season by Sci-Fi.

There are also fans in Australia who have been left in the dark as to when Stargate will appear again on Australian tv screens , whilst fans in the UK are left waiting for Sky One to catch up on the July/August/September episodes that Sci-Fi show in the Summer but Sky hold back until late September.

Fans on this forum all respect the fact that the hard work and effort put in by everyone involved in Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis should not go unpaid.
Yet many are annoyed by either a high frequency of advertising or personal reasons which mean they can't tune in on a Friday night to Sci-Fi or the fact in the part of the world where they live they have to wait many weeks or months to watch Stargate at the whim of broadcasters who sometimes can't care less.

Isn't it time that Sony offers a legitimate way for fans to access Stargate and Stargate Atlantis onine while being able to financially contribute to the company for all the hard work that goes into both of these great shows and all the people that work on them.
Say $1.49-$1.99 a show (or a seaon pass with a 10% discount) and maybe even a HD option for an extra $1.50 a show from i-tunes*. Also make downloads not just for the US but for around the world.
That way the money can filter to Sony , some of which can be paid to Sci-Fi to offset the loss in viewers caused by downloads to keep them happy and renewing the shows each season and the rest to the hardworking people of Stargate and Stargate Atlantis.

Does anyone else feel a petition needs to be set up , perhaps gateworld can get in contact with a Sony rep and see what they think can be done. Does any one know a direct Sony contact to try and get Sony to sign a deal with I-Tunes* as well?

*Note with an i-tunes download it can be either played on your video i-pod,on your notebook/laptop,and your home pc (you can even hook up your laptop/pc to your tv be it a standard or high definition tv and watch the i-tunes download via your tv).

Commander Jumper
February 10th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I do though I don't have an Ipod but that would be all the more reason to get one.

rarocks24
February 10th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Ah...but I have a notebook, so I would have portability to watch it. Though I could also get it from TiVo and download it to my notebook (but then I wouldn't own the copy of it...) So when I fly to Italy- 2 batteries, worth about 10 hours of life while using both...equals a quick flight.

Endeavour
February 10th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Yes, it's long, but if you're one of the crazy people who thinks downloading is illegal please read this :)

The entire idea that downloading TV shows is illegal is somewhat of an urban myth. Too many people have just assumed that downloading TV shows is exactly the same as downloading movies, which it's not. But because both use the same system, they're tarred with the same brush.

The techno-legal side first, I'll come back to the show-relevant stuff in a minute.

The reason downloading movies and mp3's is illegal is because it's breach of copyright. If I do it, I'm obtaining something I haven't paid for (hence the adverts equating movie piracy with theft).

But what about downloading TV shows? At first glance it seems the same, but it's really not. If I have a cable-tv subscription, I'm already paying to receive certain channels (Scifi in the US, Sky 1 in the UK). Now that they have my money, they don't care what I do - I could leave the TV turned off all year if I want. It's my choice, I paid for the service, I can choose to use it or not.

That's common sense, right? Okay, so Stargate is on at 8pm on a Friday, and I always work until 9pm. So I set my VCR to record it and watch it on Saturday afternoon. Nothing illegal there.

Last week it was my birthday/christmas/kwanza and I got a Tivo for a present. I chucked my VCR in the trash and hooked up my Tivo. Now my Tivo records SG-1 to its hard disk every friday night, and I watch it on saturday.

Let's think about this a second. I've paid for my subscription to a channel, and I'm recording a program I want to watch. Nobody could even question whether any of that is illegal - it's absolutely not.

Except Tivo is actually a computer. It runs Linux. You can even buy a network card for it so you can stream video over your network (go check ebay). So what's the difference between recording something on my Tivo in the living room and streaming it to the bedroom, to recording something onto a VHS tape in the living room and taking it to the bedroom? Nothing.

So we've established that it's perfectly legal for me to make a digital recording of a TV show on a channel I legally pay a subscription for.

But last week my Tivo broke, and I didn't get SG-1 recorded. I'm not waiting 8 months for the DVD's to come out to see the missed episode - I'll buy the DVD boxset anyway, because I'm a fan. I just want to see the episode.

So I fire up my p2p client and download the missed episode. Uhoh, suddenly everyone thinks I'm doing something illegal. I'm really not. Downloading an episode of a TV show is no different to watching a recorded copy of it. It's no different to recording it at your friends house because his Tivo works and watching it at your house.

It's not illegal! If I didn't pay for a satellite/cable subscription and did it, then yeah, *maybe* that's illegal (ever let a friend borrow a CD?). But using an alternative mechanism to get something *I've already paid for and am entitled to is not illegal*.

However, there is another side to it - TV show ratings. This isn't a legal or ethical angle, it's a stupidity angle.

P2p downloads of TV shows are incredibly, unbelievably popular. The TV studios know it, why do you think the first 2 eps of Battlestar Galactica S2 were released on the net ages before the season started on TV? But because the stupid, insane, incorrect and technologically moronic ratings system doesn't take into account downloads, shows get hurt for it. Come on, people, even music charts are beginning to count MP3 downloads.

But they don't get hurt for it in the way people think. We all know that the rating system (Nielsen, for example) is based on a sample of homes who agree to have the black box and record their viewing habits. There are thousands of Stargate fans on this forum, and I'd be surprised if even 1 was in the Nielsen rating program, and that doesn't take into account fans outside the USA. So if everyone on this forum stopped watching Stargate today, what would happen to the ratings? Nothing.

So the question is, does downloading a show affect it? Yes, but only because the networks are too stupid/blind/ignorant to accept technological progress.

In the UK there is something called Teleport from a cable company called Telewest. Subscribers get all the normal cable stuff (set top box, 1 billion channels etc), but they get something extra. They have a menu they can go to and watch shows that have played in the previous week or 2 at ANY TIME. They can pause, rewind, fast forward these shows. Teleport even has complete series available to watch. And it doesn't cost a penny to watch as many shows as you want, when you want. If you have Teleport, you pay nothing extra.

So tell me. What's the legal difference between downloading a tv show and watching it on teleport? The answer is: nothing.

(oh, edit, in case you care, I don't download Stargate eps because I like watching them each week :)

AndyStargateUK
February 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM
[COLOR="Red"] But because the stupid, insane, incorrect and technologically moronic ratings system doesn't take into account downloads, shows get hurt for it. Come on, people, even music charts are beginning to count MP3 downloads.

The ratings for Sci-Fi help determine (during sweeps) how much they get in advertising revenue,since downloads don't contain the same adverts counting them as a Sci-Fi viewer wouldn't mean Sci-Fi would be able to gain more revenue as the people who download the tv show don't watch the adverts.
In the long run is Sci-Fi going to keep paying up for Stargate and Atlantis if its audience and advertising revenues decrease but while more and more people enjoy the show for free online? There will come a point where they will say enough is enough, that's why the shows need to be avaliable via i-tunes.

Music charts do count MP3 downloads, that is paid for downloads.

In order to keep the show going Sony should allow Stargate and Atlantis to be avalaible via i-tunes , some of that money can go to Sci-Fi to offset it's loss of viewers to downloading so that when it comes to renewing the show each season not only do they know they get so much advertising revenue from those who watch on Sci-Fi but that they also get some sort of fixed revenue from those who chose to watch Stargate without adverts, but who pay to download of the likes of i-tunes.
The rest can be shared out amongst the hard working people who give us these great shows just like at the moment they get a share of dvd revenues they should get a share of downloading revnues as well once people start to pay.

FallenAngelII
February 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Not to mention that some countries don't even air Stargate. Sweden stopped after season 2 (and it took us several years since they did a several year long pause between seasons 1 and 2)!

So I just chucked it off and didn't watch any Stargate 'til my friend introduced me to Atlantis (downloaded). So I started downloading s1 and s8 of both shows and am now retroactively downloading AND buying the show on DVD.

People don't download the show if they have Sci-Fi or can get it. It's much better to watch a show on TV, especially if it's the 1st time it's ever aired. "I'm among the first in the world to watch this!".

But some of us don't live in the states. Some Americans can't even get Sci-Fi? What's the alternative? Wait for ages for the DVDs? No, we download. And those of us who really like the show eventually buy the DVDs. People who don't buy the DVDs wouldn't tune in every Stargate night to watch it religiously, anyway.

Endeavour
February 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM
The ratings for Sci-Fi help determine (during sweeps) how much they get in advertising revenue,since downloads don't contain the same adverts counting them as a Sci-Fi viewer wouldn't mean Sci-Fi would be able to gain more revenue as the people who download the tv show don't watch the adverts.

Yes, but I addressed this point. Fact is during sweeps (I think I know what that is, but I'm not from the US), just as for the rest of the year, the only rating data comes from the sample households with Nielsen etc boxes. So again, whilst you're correct in saying downloaders don't watch adverts, in reality this has zero effect. Revenue is based on companies purchasing advertising, advertising purchase is based on ratings, ratings are based on a sample set of viewer-households and you and I can't affect that unless we're one of those selected households and tick the "stargate sucks" box.

Music charts do count MP3 downloads, that is paid for downloads.

Right, that's what I'm talking about. As my really long post explained, if you subscribe to Scifi/Sky 1 but download the eps, there is no difference. You're still paying for the service (as opposed to just pirating mp3s, which I wouldn't expect to be counted in a chart).

Maybe I didn't explain it very well, I was just trying to explain why downloading shows isn't illegal and doesn't affect ratings.

If the advertisers thought they could get more people watching adverts by adding them to downloadable episodes than by buying airtime, don't you think we'd be doing a lot more downloading? TV networks are scared of downloads because they can't compete against them in a legitimate (non-piracy) market.

Give it 5 years for the bandwidth to become widely available, we'll see high-definition, legal downloads of tv shows with adverts in them that are available before they show on TV. The supplier has low overheads (no expensive broadcast equipment needed) and high profit, with no cost difference to the end user - cancel your Scifi subscription, pay the same amount to the new supplier.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM
I do though I don't have an Ipod but that would be all the more reason to get one.
I don't own an iPod (but I want one), but I still watch Podcasts and TV shows (that I legally download) on my computer. An iPod would let me watch stuff when I'm away from my computer.

And yes I do support it.

Cpt. Obvious
February 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM
i'm all for it. i just got a video iPod for Christmas and was so excited about downloading videos and all and was very disappointed to see that the only thing they have from SciFi is BSG which i've watched maybe once. i would love to have episodes to watch away from home. i mean what do i do if i get stuck somewhere unexpectantly? that's right, whip out my iPod and watch Stargate. that's just awesome to think about.

Eoin
February 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Im all for downloading stargate from i-tunes :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 16th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I've created a petition on this subject, sig coming soon:
http://www.petitiononline.com/sgitunes/

HirogenGater
February 16th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Only way I would support this is if they offer more music than what is available on the current cds, which I own. I want some Asgard music! and more battle music like from Lost City.

Red Tigress
February 16th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I think it's a great idea! As a huge supporter of iTunes, I'd be all for it. I'm getting an iPod video next year, but I think it would be a great way of expanding the fan base, and getting eps to people in countries that don't have it, or are seasons behind.

Space Cadette
February 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
FYI: You should be able to watch downloaded videos from iTunes in the iTunes program on your computer even if you don't have an ipod. I believe the iTunes program is a free download available for both Macs and PCs.

And yes, I think SG1 and SGA should be available as downloads on iTunes. SciFi/USA have other shows up there.

annalouise
February 18th, 2006, 01:00 PM
<----- has to read huge books on copyright and fairuse laws for advertising bit of graphic design degree. For some unknown reason.

Except Tivo is actually a computer. It runs Linux. You can even buy a network card for it so you can stream video over your network (go check ebay). So what's the difference between recording something on my Tivo in the living room and streaming it to the bedroom, to recording something onto a VHS tape in the living room and taking it to the bedroom? Nothing.

So we've established that it's perfectly legal for me to make a digital recording of a TV show on a channel I legally pay a subscription for.

But last week my Tivo broke, and I didn't get SG-1 recorded. I'm not waiting 8 months for the DVD's to come out to see the missed episode - I'll buy the DVD boxset anyway, because I'm a fan. I just want to see the episode.

So I fire up my p2p client and download the missed episode. Uhoh, suddenly everyone thinks I'm doing something illegal. I'm really not. Downloading an episode of a TV show is no different to watching a recorded copy of it. It's no different to recording it at your friends house because his Tivo works and watching it at your house.

It's not illegal! If I didn't pay for a satellite/cable subscription and did it, then yeah, *maybe* that's illegal (ever let a friend borrow a CD?). But using an alternative mechanism to get something *I've already paid for and am entitled to is not illegal*.

Downloading episodes is illegal because it's public distribution. Regardless of whether you would have seen the episode anyway. Full stop end of story. Recording them on your TV and transferring them to your computer isn't as it's still for your own private use. Giving your friend your CD/video isn't illegal, but them making a copy of it is. Of course no-one is going to come banging on your door to sue you for it, but it's still not legal. It's not unethical however, since most fans will not only watch the episode, but buy the DVDs as well, and no doubt if it was availble on i-Tunes we would watch the show, buy the DVDs, and download the episodes :b

I am all for more TV shows in general being made availble through the internet and especially iTunes (apple sure have cornered the market on that) Though it's basically impossible to predict what would happen to the ratings/DVD sales if such an event were to occur as iTunes itself is still in its infancy, so we don't really know what the long-term effects of the internet merging with TV media is going to be.

VOOK
February 20th, 2006, 07:37 PM
We can't download TV shows off Itune Shop anyway, we only got the Music store 3 months ago as well.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I have an announcement!

ONLY 4 PEOPLE HAVE SIGN THE PETITION!!!

Here's the link:

I just that becuase I expected more signatures than this.

AndyStargateUK
February 21st, 2006, 02:12 AM
I have an announcement!

ONLY 4 PEOPLE HAVE SIGN THE PETITION!!!

Here's the link:

I just that becuase I expected more signatures than this.

There is now also a poll on this thread to vote for i-tunes to sell Stargate and Stargate Atlantis. :)

jonno
February 21st, 2006, 05:18 AM
In my opinion, this would be a fantastic idea. At the moment, I have to rely on my parents (who don't watch the show) turning the box on to skyone, and recording it for me. If they miss it, I have no way of watching that ep until it's repeated in a year or two's time. (That happened with Prototype this year). I would be gladly happy to pay to watch it on my computer (although i don't think i'd pay for the entire season). Still, it would be incrediably convenient, and i'm sure it would be popular.

sgeureka
February 23rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
For me, p2p downloading would be a total waste of time and bandwidth if it wasn't that I'd have to wait a year or more to finally watch the shows I really like, undubbed (and there are only very few where that's true). In the case of SG-1, the DVDs even get released half a year before they air the show on TV, so I'm seriously thinking of buying the individual disks and not wait for the boxed season. In that case, the industry gets even more money from me than I'd be willing to pay if SG-1 aired right now.

I read an article a couple of days/weeks ago (can't remember) which said that if you want to download, say, BSG via itunes, you'd have to have an American account or an American credit card, for which you need...guess?... to live in America. I don't know if that's really true, but if it is, non-Americans continue to only have the options of p2p or waiting patiently.

(None of my favorite shows are yet available on itunes, so I'll inform myself when that changes.)

Darren
February 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Sony (the parent company, if not the TV distribution folks) isn't eager to make its shows available for iTunes download because Apple and the iPod are big competitors with them. Sony has dominated the portable music industry for decades with the Walkman, and can't keep up with the iPod now that everything has gone digital.

Could be a factor.

AndyStargateUK
February 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
I wonder if Sony (the parent company, if not the TV distribution folks) isn't eager to make its shows available for iTunes download because Apple and the iPod are big competitors with them. Sony has dominated the portable music industry for decades with the Walkman, and can't keep up with the iPod now that everything has gone digital.

Could be a factor.

Sony music artists are avaliable though on i-tunes?

Since they have lost so much ground trying to offer Sony only content for a Sony only media player would mean barely anyone would buy what they offer since apple have captured the market, they would be lose a lot of potential revenue that way I would believe.

Perhaps royalty fees are holding up the process of getting SG onto i-tunes.

When I have some time I'm going to track down an address for people to e-mail / write to so we can try and get SG and SGA on i-tunes.

Mio
February 25th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I don't like iTunes, and I like even less DRM-infected video.....I can pull the DRM-free file from my hacked TiVo much easier.

24nolf
February 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I don't like iTunes, and I like even less DRM-infected video.....I can pull the DRM-free file from my hacked TiVo much easier.

No you can't. That's complete [email protected]$l Sh$%t. Transferring video from your tivo to your computer is a long and timely process.

Mio
March 2nd, 2006, 07:08 AM
No you can't. That's complete [email protected]$l Sh$%t. Transferring video from your tivo to your computer is a long and timely process.

Like hell it is.

Step 1) TyTools can pull an episode of Stargate (~800megs, usually) over my network in like 6 minutes. That takes all clicking the 'Get' button in the middle of the screen.
Step 2) I then between one and two minutes editting out commercials...It's really just moving a scroll bar and clicking the button to mark the start and end of commercials.
Step 3) Turning the .ty into a usable file for archive then takes like 1 minute. To start the process, I just have to click File> and pick whatever format I want.

9 minutes. And 7 of those minutes involved no user interaction.

I will, however, admit that the process of actually hacking the TiVo was more involved than your average user would attempt...but it was nothing more than pulling the drive, booting into a LiveCD and swapping out a couple of files, then putting it back together and hoping it booted.

miju
April 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
would that be cool? Who would we petition for that?

Cpt. Obvious
April 12th, 2006, 11:22 PM
i would! i was so excited when i got my iPod video and found out that they actually had scifi shows on itunes. then i was totally diappointed to find out they only had BSG and the mini series at that...

surfinmuffin
April 14th, 2006, 01:13 AM
My ipod is full of the latest atlantis episodes... as I have the dvds you can do it that way :)

puddlejumper747
July 13th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Last I heard anything about it was here (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/05/mgmplanningstargatefilmthi.shtml)....and that was in early May:

"And there's more to be made than through the traditional television and DVD channels in the digital age: No doubt much to fans' delight, Multichannel reports that an episode downloaded deal, via iTunes, is currently in negotiations. Other popular series, including NBC Universal's Battlestar Galactica, sell new episodes on iTunes for $1.99 each immediately after the first U.S. broadcast."

And of course, the new seasons start tomorrow....so, unless there's a huge conspiracy to keep this under wraps until the last possible minute, I get the impression that this iTunes deal won't be happening just yet. (And I think that's kind of unfortunate, since this would be the perfect time to start doing so, with the beginning of two brand new seasons.) Has anyone heard anything else about when this might be happening? Are they going to wait until the mid-season break? Or are they going to push this whole thing off for another full year? I don't know....but I can imagine that there's tons of money to be made, and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.

Pharaoh Atem
July 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Last I heard anything about it was here (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/05/mgmplanningstargatefilmthi.shtml)....and that was in early May:

"And there's more to be made than through the traditional television and DVD channels in the digital age: No doubt much to fans' delight, Multichannel reports that an episode downloaded deal, via iTunes, is currently in negotiations. Other popular series, including NBC Universal's Battlestar Galactica, sell new episodes on iTunes for $1.99 each immediately after the first U.S. broadcast."

And of course, the new seasons start tomorrow....so, unless there's a huge conspiracy to keep this under wraps until the last possible minute, I get the impression that this iTunes deal won't be happening just yet. (And I think that's kind of unfortunate, since this would be the perfect time to start doing so, with the beginning of two brand new seasons.) Has anyone heard anything else about when this might be happening? Are they going to wait until the mid-season break? Or are they going to push this whole thing off for another full year? I don't know....but I can imagine that there's tons of money to be made, and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.
won't know until there come to agreement and it's officially announced

mssparky99
July 15th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Several months ago I read somewhere on line that Sony was talking with iTunes about carrying the SG-1 episodes for download starting with this new season (Sci-Fi's Battlestar Gallactica has already been selling episodes for over a year).

Has anyone heard anything more on this? I'd love to d/l a clean, safe copy of each episode.

:)

Major Gambit
July 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
i would love this too, hopefully its true

ussrelativity
July 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
That would be really neat. Maybe charge $2 per episode. Seems okay to me.

Demonique
July 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
How much do they charge for BSG?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
July 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM
How much do they charge for BSG?
$1.99

The Ori
July 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
If it were $2 per episode it wpuld mean $40 why not just buy the DVD boxset and have DVD quality eps!! :)

muddyalcapones
July 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well, it would be a way for people without sci fi to keep up to date as the episodes come out, and you wouldn't have to wait for the season to end to rewatch episodes.

I love iTunes personally. I have all the seasons of BSG, LOST, Monk, The A-team, Firefly, 24, always sunny in Philly, and the office.

I'm poor now, but I'm happy

Colonel Sharp
July 15th, 2006, 09:20 PM
If they did this they would have my full support! Espicially if they did it like..right now because my VCR didn't tape the premier last night :O

wanderingbynight
July 17th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah, soon would be good. I've got a family road trip to Oregon in August and will be spending two and a half days driving there and another two and a half driving back in the back seat of a mini-van.:( Stargate would be a very good distraction.

nlgatefan
July 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Well, I would be willing to bet that if this idea is being held up, it's being held up by MGM or Sony Pictures (and I thought I was done with monkeys calling the shots when Alias went off the air -- silly me!). From what I've read, the folks directly connected with SGA and SG-1 themselves seem to be pretty tech-savvy and eager to get the shows out there where their fans can watch them. Actually, this thread is very timely to me -- my boss suggested that I check i-Tunes for the show, and this answered the question of "is SGA available on i-Tunes?"

I had to miss the Season Premieres of both shows last Friday as DH and I had a trip planned (not my idea to be gone, but when one is invited to visit friends, one goes on the weekend one is invited...). I very carefully set my VCR (yes, I am still in the Stone Age that way -- waiting for the battle of DVD recorders to sort itself out) and my channel guide. I checked all the programming twice, since I in no way wanted to miss the SGA premiere and the Science of Stargate special. I should explain that we don't have ordinary cable TV, ours is a system provided by our local telecommunications company, and comes through our phone lines. It is head and shoulders above anything that those a$$hats at Mediacom or AT&T (I've dealt with both before, and am of the opinion that both of them suck bigtime) offer in terms of picture and sound quality, plus we actually have customer service that gives a d*mn. Very nice. However, it does have one drawback. To tape anything, you set your VCR to record from Channel 3, then set the "program guide" to change the channel that's being captured. It's a pain in the a$$, but I've done it successfully dozens of times with no hitches. Now, everything is set, and I've checked it two times to make absolutely, positively sure that everything will be recorded as specified.

So we come home yesterday and what do I find? That sorry excuse for a program guide has failed to change the channel, so I'm screwed out of the two shows I wanted to watch -- actually three, I'd also programmed for SG-1! I was so thoroughly pi$$ed off, I spent the whole of last evening reading up on downloading shows. There is so much out there, and so much of it is conflicting. I am both confused and frustrated. I really don't want to get a cease and desist letter (whatever the h* that is...), I don't want to run afoul of the law, but I sure as hell don't want to have to wait a full year and a half for the S3 DVD set to come out, or even a couple of months until this episode airs again, not to mention that I may not ever see the Science of Stargate special! If anyone has any clues as to how I might obtain these two shows legally and without having to pay an arm, a leg and two toes to do it, I'd be most grateful!

Gee, I'm not usually this vitriolic, but it goes with being angry, and I am that. I guess the bottom line for this is that if SGA could be available via i-Tunes, I'd be more than in favor, even if that wouldn't really help me out right now, since it would provide a clearly legal avenue for obtaining the shows that is wanted by many for the flexibility it offers, and by others because sometimes the technology fails, or life intervenes to make you miss your favorite shows.

scifi_girl
July 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
i have an ipod and i would download stargate from itunes if i could. i think its a great idea

Jedted
July 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I too have been waiting for this ever since i read that artical. Since i don't have Sci-fi i've been buying all the Galactica eps through iTunes and i don't see why SG1 and SGA shouldn't be made available the same way.

Chances are Stargate is only gonna be on iTunes during the midseason break or when season 10 is over. Hopefully since the new season of BSG premires in October then perhaps they are waiting till then to release them both at once on itunes.

drewy1243
August 3rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
I not from the usa so I don’t get stargate till much later than you guys so I was thinking It would be a good idea for si ci to set up a website so people can download the episode for a price what do you guys think

Arturis
August 3rd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Stargate on itunes would be good.

Pogo01
August 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
I dont mind paying a little maybe 1 or 2 dollars for high quality episodes of stargrate.

Chutzpah
August 3rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
I dont mind paying a little maybe 1 or 2 dollars for high quality episodes of stargrate.

I would exect it to cost more than that, but I would like a system like that as well.

Famous
August 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
I would exect it to cost more than that, but I would like a system like that as well.

Aren't the BSG episodes on iTunes $1.99? But yeah, that would be a good idea

mmu_man
August 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Stargate on itunes would be good.
iTunes is BAD, it uses DRMs (funnily dubbed as "FairPlay" lol), and forces you to buy an iPod and nothing else. That's really bad practice.
I would likely buy episodes, only were they not cripled with DRM.
Using DRM means you do not trust your client, and you presume him guilty.
Making laws to enforce DRMs means the government doesn't trust people and presume them guilty. I don't know for your country, but in France the constitution states that "everyone is innocent until proven guilty". That didn't stop the DADVSI (http://eucd.info/) bill to pass though :-(

Descent
August 4th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Aren't the BSG episodes on iTunes $1.99? But yeah, that would be a good idea

Yeah I think so, Lost episodes are that much too I think. Heck, ABC.com let you download Lost episodes for free after they aired. Sci-Fi should do that! :cameron:

Space-Dust
August 4th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I don't know if one is allowed to put links in the Forums,

<mod snip>

no you CANNOT post links to downloading sites here.

it is a forbidden topic

Jades
August 4th, 2006, 03:21 AM
You may want to edit your post. I think it's against forum policy to link to download communities.

The Doctor
August 4th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Well, for some people it's either downloading episodes of waiting for several years until they air in their country. Here, in the Netherlands the next episode on will be Chimera (so that's season 7), but they do show two episodes every week and already promised to start showing Atlantis at the the time as SG1 season 8.

So, if anyone would set up a way for people to legally download the episodes, that would definitely be a good thing. Until then, I'll keep downloading anyway. Which technically isn't illegal here.

Gregorius
August 4th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Well, for some people it's either downloading episodes of waiting for several years until they air in their country. Here, in the Netherlands the next episode on will be Chimera (so that's season 7), but they do show two episodes every week and already promised to start showing Atlantis at the the time as SG1 season 8.

You forgot to mention we only got to see season 1 ~ 3 up until last year when they finally went beyond those seasons.

So, if anyone would set up a way for people to legally download the episodes, that would definitely be a good thing. Until then, I'll keep downloading anyway. Which technically isn't illegal here.

"Legally download" is a very country dependend term, since there are countries where downloading of such things is legal (Netherlands and some more) whilst in other countries it's illegal (USA to name one).

The main problem with studio (Read: MPAA) endorced downloads is that they are filled with this piece of crap called DRM, which basicly means you don't buy the downloaded episode but rather lease it on terms they have decided for you (Like watch within 24h, no backups, etc.). This is one of the reasons why people rather download the eps from torrentsites/newsgroups, since those episode are usually of acceptable quality and don't posses DRM.

mmu_man
August 4th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Amen. DRM SUX :)

Space-Dust
August 4th, 2006, 08:23 AM
sorry guys..hit me..lol..won't happn again ;-)

Dutch_Razor
August 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Unless you upload.

But who cares anyway even the parlement computers had to be wiped because of too much music being downloaded lol.

The Doctor
August 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I know. Uploading is bad! So sue me! :mckay:

Pogo01
August 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Lots of people upload MOVIES on youtube 10 minutes at a time and i've seen a few stargate episodes as well. As much pleasure as i get from watching it 10 minutes at a time then waiting 5 hours for the next 10 minutes i would prefer to buy the episode high quality with my loose change.

rarocks24
August 19th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Episodes are now available. ;)

miju
August 19th, 2006, 05:35 PM
really? all I see are the soundtracks

rarocks24
August 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
really? all I see are the soundtracks
Look under TV Shows. ;)

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3678/picture1ad4.png

Callista
August 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Woohoo! Thanks RaRocks, I'm downloading them as we speak! (Well, type, but close enough)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I went on to the iTunes Music Store (to see if the newest episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was available) and there it was.

Links (Watch out, it will take you to iTunes):
SG-1 (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=183133645&s=143441)
Atlantis (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=183132229&s=143441)

You can buy the individual episodes for $1.99 or you can buy the Season Pass for $37.99 (with it you can download each new episode (20 in all, but you should know that by now) as it comes available).

However, Last night's 200th episode is not available yet, just the first five episodes of Season 10.

Digg Story Link (http://digg.com/television/Stargate_Hits_iTunes)

Callista
August 19th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I'm downloading them right now. BTW, Atlantis is there too. Hooray!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 19th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I'm downloading them right now. BTW, Atlantis is there too. Hooray!
I didn't know that. I just noticed the SG-1 pic on the TV show home page.

Incase any of you are wondering, I won't download the episodes from iTunes mainly because of DRM protection. And besides I'd rather pay $80 (or so) for the DVDs when they come out instead of $160 for episodes (the $38 for both season passes and $40 for both DVDs). But if Fox adds the ability to refund the money for the eps downloaded on iTunes (example, they put a paper in the DVD with a code to get your money back), that's the only way I'd download Stargate from iTunes.

andromeda_fate
August 19th, 2006, 07:11 PM
So is it only seasons 10 SG-1 and season 3 SGA available? If so that kind of sucks (but its better than nothing)

esoap524
August 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM
This is very, very cool. Unfortunately, after buying the show (I have some Battlestar and The Office), I haven't found a conversion for DVD so that I can actually watch them on something bigger than a 15" computer screen...or a 2" Video iPod screen.

Still, this is great publicity; iTunes is such an "IT" thing.

jonno
August 19th, 2006, 09:07 PM
This is very, very cool. Unfortunately, after buying the show (I have some Battlestar and The Office), I haven't found a conversion for DVD so that I can actually watch them on something bigger than a 15" computer screen...or a 2" Video iPod screen.

Still, this is great publicity; iTunes is such an "IT" thing.

more importantly - hopefully it'll reduce the number of illegal downloads ... i wonder - would no/ of iTunes downloads become incorporated into ratings?

Presumably not, because they won't have the ad breaks, and it's the ads that sci-fi channel are interested in.

Madeleine
August 19th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Is this a US Only sort of thing, or can iTunes eps be acessed from the UK?

Cat_the_Alien
August 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
This is great... if you're American. However only about 4.1% of the world's population is. For the rest of us, copyright issues prevent iTunes from selling TV shows. :(

Arturis
August 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM
heh... well to answer the original question: apparently right now...

-PITBULL-
August 20th, 2006, 01:10 AM
So is it only seasons 10 SG-1 and season 3 SGA available? If so that kind of sucks (but its better than nothing)
Yeah but it wont be long tell they get all 10 seasons of SG-1 on there and season 1 and 2 or SG-A on there..

jonno
August 20th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Is this a US Only sort of thing, or can iTunes eps be acessed from the UK?

You can go to the American music store ....and look at the 30s prevews, but 'your account is not valid for this music store'

ie - no.

Naonak
August 20th, 2006, 04:21 AM
At the moment only the first five episodes of the latest seasons (SG-1 S10, and SGA S3) are available. They'll be getting the new episodes as they're shown on TV, I would assume.

There's a news story about it on GateWorld (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargatei_arrives_on_itunes.shtml).

stewsith
August 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM
this is cool, wonder how long it will take before we get them in the uk?

Mackan
August 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Since this only works for people in the US, it means nothing for those wanting to follow and download Stargate and pay for it, if you live in another country. They still have no other choice than torrents. Though, it is a step forward.

unknown.entity
August 20th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Can someone please tell me how big the episodes are in terms of megabytes? And what format they are downloaded as?

Thanks in advance.

Kalinda
August 20th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Wow... what an interesting development. I wanted to use iTunes at one point for music, at least until I found out how Apple is screwing artists, even moreso then record labels. But.. oh, wait.. iTunes is Windows and Mac ONLY *grr*

At any rate, while this is sort of a good idea for Stargate, my anti-DRM sense prevents me from wanting to be part of this. I'll just keep doing that other thing to see it when Americans do and then buy the DVDs when they're released. Seems a bit silly to pay for it twice, anyhow.. like, come on, how many people pay for cable JUST to watch Stargate? I won't even be getting cable when I go back to university, since all three TV shows I watch don't even air in Canada right away and everything else I like has already ended.

Can someone please tell me how big the episodes are in terms of megabytes? And what format they are downloaded as?
I'm not sure about format (some kinda crazy DRM-protected Quicktime, perhaps?) but I believe they're around 200 megs, as I have seen people sharing Stargate and other shows on BT for the iPod, but they didn't get them from iTunes. Given that they are designed to be played on the iPod, I imagine they wouldn't be as big as files designed to play on one's computer monitor.

moiety
August 20th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Wow... what an interesting development. I wanted to use iTunes at one point for music, at least until I found out how Apple is screwing artists, even moreso then record labels. But.. oh, wait.. iTunes is Windows and Mac ONLY *grr*

Do you recognize how absolutely laughable that statement sounds? What are you on? Linux? Ubuntu? Yes, how DARE Apple not support an operating system with 2.8% market share. How DARE they "ONLY" support Windows with its 90+% share and their own native operating system, the Mac. Have they no SHAME?! (Come now. Why the surprise? After all, only just about every other significant commercial application is for Windows and Mac.)

Also, Apple isn't screwing artists -- the RIAA is. Apple doesn't set the terms of the music they sell -- the labels do. If anything, Apple is a hero for insisting on 99-cent downloads and the own-what-you-download model, since the labels want tiered pricing and a subscription model.

I'm not sure about format (some kinda crazy DRM-protected Quicktime, perhaps?) but I believe they're around 200 megs, as I have seen people sharing Stargate and other shows on BT for the iPod, but they didn't get them from iTunes. Given that they are designed to be played on the iPod, I imagine they wouldn't be as big as files designed to play on one's computer monitor.

The format is MPEG-4, which is a standard, and not some "crazy Quicktime". If you are a Linux user, as I assume, you ought to know all about those. QuickTime isn't a codec; it's a wrapper. Apple's DRM is called FairPlay (ironic, I know), and there are various open-source tools that allegedly have some degree of success in removing the DRM. The size approximation is right, they're in the 200MB-300MB range. While the BT versions are higher resolution and quality (and file size -- or so I hear ;) ), the iTunes versions are quite suitable to be played back on Standard Definition televisions.

Fortunately, it's only a matter of time before larger resolutions are available, what with the upcoming new video iPod and the industry's general move towards HD.

In any case, I don't want to quarrel -- I just thought some of the points you made were... pretentious and inaccurate.

Stargate is, without question, going to be very popular on iTunes, and this will help both SciFi and the shows. Remember, when you pay for the episodes, you're supporting the show, whereas getting them off BT (unless you subscribe to the SciFi channel) lands no money in the pockets of Cheyenne Mountain. :)

Farscapefan
August 20th, 2006, 10:48 AM

At any rate, while this is sort of a good idea for Stargate, my anti-DRM sense prevents me from wanting to be part of this. I'll just keep doing that other thing to see it when Americans do and then buy the DVDs when they're released. Seems a bit silly to pay for it twice, anyhow.. like, come on, how many people pay for cable JUST to watch Stargate? I won't even be getting cable when I go back to university, since all three TV shows I watch don't even air in Canada right away and everything else I like has already ended.

I have seen people sharing Battlestar Galactica on BT for iPod, and BSG was on iTunes last year, so I suppose these were that files, they were about 260 MB.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 20th, 2006, 11:03 AM
You know I looked at GW and the article about this and guess what I found out, Darren didn't thank me for letting him know about this. I honestly don't get it.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 20th, 2006, 11:09 AM

To be honest, I am also anti-DRM, but I'm going to buy the good episodes of Stargate, not the whole season pass. As of right now, the episodes I plan on downloading from iTunes are: 200 (which I think will probably be added tomorrow (Monday)) and Sateda, which I'll download as soon as 200 is added.

Tok'Ra Hostess
August 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
To be honest, I am also anti-DRM, but I'm going to buy the good episodes of Stargate, not the whole season pass. As of right now, the episodes I plan on downloading from iTunes are: 200 (which I think will probably be added tomorrow (Monday)) and Sateda, which I'll download as soon as 200 is added.

I hope it becomes available in Canada, soon. :)

unknown.entity
August 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Ok Thanks.

:)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 20th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Let me check to see the file sizes from files I've downloaded from iTunes.

First the averages (to compare):
the average time for an SG-1 episode (for the first 5 episodes already available on iTunes): 43:39
for an SGA episode: 43:31

Now the episodes I have (I'll pick times close to the ones above):
BSG Episodes
-"The Captain's Hand" (which I downloaded to listen to the podcast for the ep (the same goes with "Pegasus")) has a length of 43:34, and a file size of 202.3 MB.
-"Downloaded" (which I got free because of that TV Guide promotional thing) has a length of 43:15, and a file size of 228.1MB
-"Pegasus" has a length of 45:27, and a file size of 208.8MB
Other Shows
-The Lost "Pilot, Part 1" has a length of 42:29, and a file size of 210MB
-The Conviction "Pilot" (which I downloaded because it was free) has a length of 43:43, and a file size of 207.6MB

I hope that help you guys (or confuses you more, which I hope doesn't happen)

Kalinda
August 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Do you recognize how absolutely laughable that statement sounds? What are you on? Linux? Ubuntu? Yes, how DARE Apple not support an operating system with 2.8% market share. How DARE they "ONLY" support Windows with its 90+% share and their own native operating system, the Mac. Have they no SHAME?! (Come now. Why the surprise? After all, only just about every other significant commercial application is for Windows and Mac.)

Also, Apple isn't screwing artists -- the RIAA is. Apple doesn't set the terms of the music they sell -- the labels do. If anything, Apple is a hero for insisting on 99-cent downloads and the own-what-you-download model, since the labels want tiered pricing and a subscription model.

lol! I'm not surprised. I am aware of the whole minority thing. Doesn't mean I can't be annoyed; I'm not gonna switch back to Windows (eww) just because it's what "everyone else" is using. I see you got your number from the Wikipedia article, since they're the same; it is interesting to note, hoiwever, that Linux's usage share is apparantly increasing and lots of companies are beginning to support it.

I think the real reason why some still aren't isn't because no one uses it but because Linux isn't a major corporation. Like, come on, it's not like loads of people use Mac, yet most things are available for it.

And, yes, I'm on Ubuntu.. well, Kubuntu if you wanna be technical about it.

Re: RIAA and Apple: Alright, my bad. They do still get less money then they would if I bought the CD, though, and, in the interest of supporting the artist as much as possible, I'd rather just stick to CDs. And concerts =)

Since I'm not American, I couldn't support Stargate via iTunes anyway. If they're doing this to minimize illegal downloading, they should at least make it available to other countries; that'd help a lot.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 20th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Looking at Today's Top Seasons; SG-1 is currently 4th, SGA isn't in the Top 10, yet.

And looking at Today's Top 100 TV Shows; Flesh and Blood (SG-1) is currently 41st, The Pegasus Project (SG-1) is 59th, and No Man's Land (SGA) is 85th.

Lastly looking at Today's Top 100 Videos; Flesh and Blood is 62nd and The Pegasus Project is 87th

Pharaoh Atem
August 20th, 2006, 05:30 PM
yes it has look around before you post

Shep'sSocks
August 20th, 2006, 07:13 PM
And rather pointless for anyone not in the US. As usual.

Suggest Australian fans spam (sorry, lobby) Apple in Australia for it to be made legal here, too. We've not see S2 SGA here as yet. S9 SG-1 is showing on TV and the DVDs have just been released but S10 and S3 respectively are a minimum of a year away. I'd be happy to pay $1.99 an episode.

Willow'sCat
August 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Suggest Australian fans spam (sorry, lobby) Apple in Australia for it to be made legal here, too. We've not see S2 SGA here as yet. S9 SG-1 is showing on TV and the DVDs have just been released but S10 and S3 respectively are a minimum of a year away. I'd be happy to pay $1.99 an episode.Well they won't make them available here until they are shown on TV, I mean it defeats the point of Channel 7 even buying them if their audience just dl them from the US. *I am not saying a word*

I don't know, I really don't like the idea of paying for a TV show, well not in this way. *you can fill in the blanks* :cool: Not to mention I don't own an iPod and don't intend to anytime soon. Can you play them on generic brand players or does it have to be iPod? And they are obviously encoded so you can't share them *not that, that would stop some* ;)

Nah, even if it was available here I wouldn't be using it, not for SGA anyway, maybe for a one off special related to the show, or a movie that has zero chance of being shown in Cinemas here. I am happy with my current arrangements. :)

lily
August 20th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Exactly. It'd be better if the poll had more options to take into account people from other countries (for example: if it was available in your country, would you...?) and separate SG-1 and SGA. For example, in my case, if it was available in my country, I'd only buy SGA, not SG-1.

Suggest Australian fans spam (sorry, lobby) Apple in Australia for it to be made legal here, too. We've not see S2 SGA here as yet. S9 SG-1 is showing on TV and the DVDs have just been released but S10 and S3 respectively are a minimum of a year away. I'd be happy to pay $1.99 an episode.
Lucky for me (because I only watch SGA), in Latinamerica we always get SGA first (s2 finished airing more than a month ago) and we're getting DAILY SGA repeats (on weekdays), from seasons 1 and 2. If they follow the same schedule as other years, s3 will start here in February.

I own the s1 DVD boxset, and I'll buy s2 as soon as it's released. But I always watch every new epi and every repeat of any SGA epi on our TV. I'm totally in love with the show. LOL.

SG-1 newest season always airs here after SGA ends (SGA's new season ends a week, and the following week the new season of SG-1 starts) and I know they have daily repeats too, but I never watch it.

Willow'sCat
August 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
SG-1 newest season always airs here after SGA ends (SGA's new season ends a week, and the following week the new season of SG-1 starts) and I know they have daily repeats too, but I never watch it.They do the opposite in Australia SG-1 first then SGA, but they still haven't shown season two here or said exactly how long after SG-1 season 9 airs when they will show it or if at all. :S :cool: They never repeat the shows either. :( They do have them on cable here but not the newer seasons.

Shep'sSocks
August 20th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Well they won't make them available here until they are shown on TV, I mean it defeats the point of Channel 7 even buying them if their audience just dl them from the US. *I am not saying a word*

Except that S9 SG-1 is available on DVD so its release there is not dependent on Seven showing it. I'm not sure they're related.

Willow'sCat
August 20th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Except that S9 SG-1 is available on DVD so its release there is not dependent on Seven showing it. I'm not sure they're related.Well I think Channel 7 may have been a little miffed about that, I would have been if I owned the TV rights and the darn DVD got release before the show I paid for is finished; this goes more to either incompetence on the part of Channel 7 *never* or Sony/MGM just wanting to make money *fancy that* I still can't believe SGAs DVDs will be out before it is shown on Channel 7 that is just a fundamental cock-up. :rolleyes: But then that does seem to be happening more and more with shows being watched by a minority of people.

I don't think Channel 7 will be showing seasons 10 & 3 next year. I really feel they have washed their hands of the shows after this. :cool:

Smashman
August 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, cause showing it at 11pm with no advertising at all so everyone missed the first few eps was brilliant marketing on 7's part.

They wonder why people download

/runs off to buy S9 on DVD

Shep'sSocks
August 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Well I think Channel 7 may have been a little miffed about that, I would have been if I owned the TV rights and the darn DVD got release before the show I paid for is finished; this goes more to either incompetence on the part of Channel 7 *never* or Sony/MGM just wanting to make money *fancy that* I still can't believe SGAs DVDs will be out before it is shown on Channel 7 that is just a fundamental cock-up. :rolleyes: But then that does seem to be happening more and more with shows being watched by a minority of people.

I don't think Channel 7 will be showing seasons 10 & 3 next year. I really feel they have washed their hands of the shows after this. :cool:

Well, serves 'em right. If they showed them as soon as they were shown in the US, whether on at midnight or whatever time, they wouldn't have this problem. If they want to make money, they shouldn't be so inept.

moiety
August 20th, 2006, 10:06 PM

It's not Apple you need to lobby; it's your local affiliates of whoever holds the rights (MGM Australia and Sony Australia, then...) Apple would love to have everything available world-wide, but licensing is country-specific and takes a long time and is a cruel business. Just getting the music section to expand globally took tons of negotiation...

Shep'sSocks
August 21st, 2006, 01:20 AM
But the music section is not global. I connect to iTunes Australia and want to download a Great Big Sea song, which is available on US iTunes. No such band according to iTunes Australia. I cannot download from iTunes US unless I have an American credit card.

SG-1ssm
August 21st, 2006, 06:32 AM
I just checked iTunes and the most bought seasons and Stargate: SG-1 season 10 is 4th and Stargate: Atlantis season 3 was 10th. I think that's pretty good, for both shows to be in the top ten.

MediaSavant
August 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM
I just checked iTunes and the most bought seasons and Stargate: SG-1 season 10 is 4th and Stargate: Atlantis season 3 was 10th. I think that's pretty good, for both shows to be in the top ten.

Yes, it's a welcome improvement from yesterday when they didn't appear. "Flesh and Blood" is #21 on the individual episodes list.

lily
August 21st, 2006, 09:08 AM

Is there a link where anyone can check the top shows and epis out regularly? I went to the site yesterday but couldn't find the link to the info. Maybe you have to have the software installed and an account to access that info, and since I don't have a US account, I can't see it?

mother-goose
August 21st, 2006, 09:15 AM
Stargate is, without question, going to be very popular on iTunes, and this will help both SciFi and the shows. Remember, when you pay for the episodes, you're supporting the show, whereas getting them off BT (unless you subscribe to the SciFi channel) lands no money in the pockets of Cheyenne Mountain. :)

ROLL on hi-def, you play iTunes on your comp right, well I want an iShow to be suitable for that!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Looking at Today's Top Seasons; SG-1 is currently 4th, SGA isn't in the Top 10, yet.

And looking at Today's Top 100 TV Shows; Flesh and Blood (SG-1) is currently 41st, The Pegasus Project (SG-1) is 59th, and No Man's Land (SGA) is 85th.

Lastly looking at Today's Top 100 Videos; Flesh and Blood is 62nd and The Pegasus Project is 87th
Here's an update:
Today's Top 100 TV Shows
Flesh and Blood-22nd
The Pegasus Project-28th
No Man's Land-47th
Morpheus-45th
Uninvited-55th
Progeny-61st
Insiders-63rd
Misbegotten-82th
Sateda-95th

Today's Top Seasons
SG1-4th
SGA-8th

Today's Top 100 Videos
Flesh and Blood-31st
The Pegasus Project-38th
No Man's Land-67th
Morpheus-65th
Uninvited-77th
Progeny-83rd
Insiders-85th

I know what your thinking why am I writing the above, well I just want to inform the people who don't have iTunes

Celtic Wizard
August 21st, 2006, 11:20 AM
I would love to be able to watch them on my I-pod. I have had an i-pod on one sort or another now for going on three years, absolutely love it. But, I feel upset that items are not available world wide for i-pods, such as i-shows.

I look forward to the day they are available and I can down load my favourite shows.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Damn is iTunes taking a long time to add "200" and "The Real World"

glennh73
August 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Here me out, if you LOVE SG-1 an Atlantis, then first of all boycott the Scifi Channel and buy the remaining season of both shows on itunes.
That way it will show that the fans still love the show, that it can still make money, that we still care.

This is the only hope.

Most of us dont have Nielson boxes so what we watch dont mean anything, but if we buy threw itunes then it will count for something.

This is our last hope, dont let this show die like Angel did or Enterprise.

With itunes we have a shot.

Poseidon
August 21st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Go get em guys! ITUNES, ITUNES!! Its not the only answer but it will definetley help the cause!! I already got them anyway!! but go get em!

scirev
August 22nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
We can't download TV shows off Itune Shop anyway, we only got the Music store 3 months ago as well.

Well you're lucky. In Malta we don't even have the music store :)

Keep producing the DVD's and I'll buy them.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 22nd, 2006, 02:09 PM
Guess what, "200" is now on iTunes. But it's listed as "Remember When" instead of "200." I guess I buy it then change the title to "200."

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 23rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Looking at the Today's Top 100 TV Shows: 200 is currently 26th (I don't remember seeing it there a few hours ago), I'm going to download it right now, legally from iTunes.

Today's Top videos: 200 is 33rd.

tace
August 24th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I rarely use iTunes but I still bought 200. This is one way to show how popular SG-1 still is.

nyxlily
August 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I, too, can't find the statistics on iTunes. Can someone please post how the 'Gates are doing today?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 24th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I, too, can't find the statistics on iTunes. Can someone please post how the 'Gates are doing today?
Today's Top 100 TV Shows
200-18th
Flesh and Blood-31st
The Pegasus Project-35th
Morpheus-48th
Uninvited-55th
No Man's Land-56th (SGA's highest ranked episode on iTunes)
Insiders-64th
Progeny-66th
Misbegotten-78th
Sateda-86th

Today's Top 10 Seasons
SG-1 S10-6th

Today's Top Videos
200-26th
Flesh and Blood-43rd
The Pegasus Project-49th
Morpheus-75th
Univited-82nd
No Man's Land-83rd (SGA's highest rated video on iTunes)
Insiders-93rd
Progeny-95th

And no, "The Real World" is still not available on iTunes yet.

Sorti
August 24th, 2006, 10:57 PM
How many people want the show to continue for another year?

Would you pre-buy next season today? If Apple offered it on iTunes?

Can we get 400k people to do that and bring SG-1 back from the brink?

(Just guessing at the 400k number) but anyway give Apple and MGM a call or email if you would be interested in this.

I'd love for Apple to become a TV network this would scare the heck out of the other networks.

MGM could and should make a deal with Apple.:)

Farscapefan
August 24th, 2006, 11:01 PM
How many people want the show to continue for another year?

Would you pre-buy next season today? If Apple offered it on iTunes?

Can we get 400k people to do that and bring SG-1 back from the brink?

(Just guessing at the 400k number) but anyway give Apple and MGM a call or email if you would be interested in this.

I'd love for Apple to become a TV network this would scare the heck out of the other networks.

MGM could and should make a deal with Apple.:)

Sure, if American iTunes will be selling it WORLDWIDE, not only in USA.

Sorti
August 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Sure, if American iTunes will be selling it WORLDWIDE, not only in USA.
Well they probably won't do that, if they won't sell it to you then I guess I'm only talking about US distribution, other companies have paid for that right in other territories.

Konman72
August 25th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I would keep iTunes open all week just in case the episode appeared early...does that answer your question?

plaw15
August 25th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Im so excited to watch sg1 on my ipod, now Ill have something to do during school!!!!

FallenAngelII
August 25th, 2006, 03:57 AM
An episode costs, what, $1.5? 20 episodes = $30.

400,000 x $30 = 1,200,000

Considering an episode of Stargate costs 1-2 mill to make, yah. They'd need more than that. Let's hope SkyOne and those German people finance them and then some American network picks them up.

Albion
August 25th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I agree with FallenAngel - I seriously doubt that there are enough SF fans, let along pure SG1 fans, in the US alone to cover the costs of making the show. SG1 has always been more successful outside the US - it's much more popular and has many more fans in the UK, for instance, than in the US.

So, it would have to be worldwide, at the very least. And even then I'm not sure you'd get enough revenue.

Albion :)

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I agree with FallenAngel - I seriously doubt that there are enough SF fans, let along pure SG1 fans, in the US alone to cover the costs of making the show. SG1 has always been more successful outside the US - it's much more popular and has many more fans in the UK, for instance, than in the US.

So, it would have to be worldwide, at the very least. And even then I'm not sure you'd get enough revenue.

Albion :)
Yeah there is no way they would get back the revenue on that.

nunuu
August 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone here know any specifics of how Apple gets the rights to put anything up? I'm just wondering since I'm not entirely convinced that it was Apple that went up to MGM to ask for Stargate SG-1 to be available through the Internet.

I'm curious since I want to be sure I'll be harassing the right channels when I go to demand that SG-1 (among other things) to be put on iTunes Canada. :P

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I guess MGM is listening to me. After I mention something is wrong on iTunes (Like when "200" was incorrectly titled "Remember When," the day after it was mentioned it was changed, or yesterday when I said "The Real World" wasn't up yet, and now it is).

The Engineer
August 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM
An episode costs, what, $1.5? 20 episodes = $30.

400,000 x $30 = 1,200,000

Considering an episode of Stargate costs 1-2 mill to make, yah. They'd need more than that.
Yeah, but worldwide. I would sign up for something like that. I wouldn't miss 30$ granted I have Season 11.

Let's hope SkyOne and those German people finance them and then some American network picks them up.
Let's hope so.
That would be a first.

Gunslinger
August 25th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Most definatly yes! That would be awesome, instead of paying $50 a month for cable I can pay that for the whole season maybe. Cancel my cable that I don't watch anything else on anyways, that will show the networks not to cancel good shows, they just might go and make more money elsewhere.

Kanten
August 25th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Scifi should die, evil people. I need my SG-1 fix every week. Need to see what happens with the Ori storyline.

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Scifi should die, evil people. I need my SG-1 fix every week. Need to see what happens with the Ori storyline.
Indeed. Scifi bunch off evil ***#@[email protected]@***##*@*@*#*@*#*@*@****#@*!!***!*@!

Metonic
August 25th, 2006, 07:43 PM
yeah, cuz i like seeing puppets on my screen... Itunes would not be able to support a show that has some of the most expensive items ever on it.

nyxlily
August 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
So, are the new episodes up yet? What are their ranks right now?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 25th, 2006, 08:12 PM
So, are the new episodes up yet? What are their ranks right now?
ask and you shall recieve, again:
Today's Top Seasons
SG-1 S10-9th (slipping)

Today's Top 100 TV Shows
200-16th
The Pegasus Project-38th
Flesh and Blood-40th
Morpheus-57th
Uninvited-59th
No Man's Land-64th
Insiders-67th
Progeny-72nd
Misbegotten-92nd
Sateda-95th

Supporting the show by purchasing episodes of Stargate on iTunes will also help! GateWorld has set up an iTunes affiliate account, so you can support the show and this Web site at the same time. Episodes are $1.99 and a full season pass is $37.99 (U.S. only, sorry!). Look for those links to appear in the SG-1 Season Ten and Atlantis Season Three episode guides this week.
If you truly love GateWorld you'll wait to download Stargate from iTunes, so you can support GW, or whatever

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 26th, 2006, 11:50 AM
It's official!!! "200" is now in the Top 15 TV Shows of the Day.
"Flesh And Blood" is second at 29th place.
The highest rated SGA episode is 44th with "The Real World"

Shep'sSocks
August 26th, 2006, 04:26 PM
If you truly love GateWorld you'll wait to download Stargate from iTunes, so you can support GW, or whatever

I'd love to be able to. I'd buy season passes no problems. It's incredibly frustrating to have legal downloads and yet no access to them. The shortsightedness astonishes me.

Shipperahoy
August 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
O.k. during the shows last night they said that both of last night's episodes would be available on iTunes today but I still don't see them. Am I just blind or are they not up yet?

miju
August 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Here's an idea for direct to itunes distribution of SG1. Put the advertizing on the bottom 1/4 of the screen and that way they get their advertizing dollars and we get our SG1 for a few more years.:hammondanime03:

MichelleS
August 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
The revenue from Itunes distribution alone would never pay for the production...sorry.

Gate gal
August 26th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'd buy an Ipod for that! I think it would be an excellent move for SG1 and a major step for the entertainment industry. It would be really cool if SG1 started this trend.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 26th, 2006, 08:51 PM
O.k. during the shows last night they said that both of last night's episodes would be available on iTunes today but I still don't see them. Am I just blind or are they not up yet?
I can confirm that Shipperahoy. Isn't it strange that each (Season 10) episode of SG-1 is listed twice.

MichelleS
August 26th, 2006, 08:54 PM
They probably mean next business day , which would be Monday... but don't the new movie emails from itunes usually come out on tuesday.

TheBigFish
August 26th, 2006, 09:28 PM
so are there plans to release shows on iTunes in HD, i mean 1080p. cos that would be awesome indeed.

are any other shows already upped to iTunes in HD. It would make sense since their Quicktime trailers have embraced the 1080p format.

that would definatley get me onboard to see them in HD before Blu-Ray of HDDVD

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
They probably mean next business day , which would be Monday... but don't the new movie emails from itunes usually come out on tuesday.
I don't know for sure, but I think they had the new BSG ep up on iTunes the day (not business day) after it aired on SciFi.

Konman72
August 27th, 2006, 10:05 PM
http://star.walagata.com/w/konman72/SG-1.jpg

"200" is still in 11th place after a week of being available. I noticed it there a couple of days ago and went to see if Counterstrike was available yet, and it was still there so I figured it was newsworthy. Keep downloading guys, this is the kind of stuff that will get us an 11th season!

jonas_fan
August 28th, 2006, 06:06 AM
And Season 10 as a whole is still in the top 10 most downloaded seasons. It's been there for a almost a week, so yay! :jack: :tealc: :sam: :daniel: :vala: :cameron: :hammond:

Shipperahoy
August 28th, 2006, 11:32 AM
And Friday's episodes are STILL not up. So much for them being up the next day like they said during the airing of the shows. Why say they're going to be there if they're not?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM
And Friday's episodes are STILL not up. So much for them being up the next day like they said during the airing of the shows. Why say they're going to be there if they're not?
I've notice this about shows that I've been interested in; The Showbiz Show, South Park, etc. I usually took them less than a week (more than 5 days but less than 7) for the newest episode to be added to iTunes.

Callista
August 28th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Last week "200" showed up on Tuesday (strangely under a different name...I see that has been corrected). I expect "Counterstrike" will show up tomorrow. I got my hopes up there when it said watch it Friday on Sci-Fi, Saturday on iTunes on MGM's site, but, alas, I think it'll still be sci-fi Tuesday for me.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Last week "200" showed up on Tuesday (strangely under a different name...I see that has been corrected). I expect "Counterstrike" will show up tomorrow. I got my hopes up there when it said watch it Friday on Sci-Fi, Saturday on iTunes on MGM's site, but, alas, I think it'll still be sci-fi Tuesday for me.
Yes and it was posted as "Remember When," and they changed it because of me, it was changed the day after I mentioned the error, I'm just saying.

Atlantis1
August 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I had to vote no. With my internet at snail pace it does me no good.

the dancer of spaz
August 29th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Yes and it was posted as "Remember When," and they changed it because of me, it was changed the day after I mentioned the error, I'm just saying.

It could just be a coincidence, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the studio and the network are monitoring threads like these, given the state of affairs these days. ;) So they very well could be taking their cues from your observations.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM
It could just be a coincidence, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the studio and the network are monitoring threads like these, given the state of affairs these days. ;) So they very well could be taking their cues from your observations.
They probably are, damn am I good

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Look what I found on the TV Show homepage
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7541/sg1200br9.jpg

And "200" is the only episode of SG-1 in the Top 50 (of the Today's Top 100 TV Shows right now)

EDIT:How much MGM (and Apple) makes for each Stargate episode sold on iTunes (http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20060124Apple55CentsAndAdvertising.html)

Callista
August 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM
OK, I'm getting a little impatient here. Last week the new episode showed up on Tuesday at 12:44pm (according to the e-mail they sent me.) This week it's still not here at almost 7:00pm. Wahhh!!!

freyr's mother
August 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
How come they're only releasing S10 and 3 for itunes downloads and not the others?

RedGuard
August 29th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I think its because the others have been out on DVD for awhile or soon will be. I'm not sure any shows post their older seasons, but I haven't checked in awhile. I think all of BSG is on there though. MGM must have some reason not to.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I see Darren has started adding the links to iTunes, the links which you can download eps while supporting GW.

the dancer of spaz
August 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
EDIT:How much MGM (and Apple) makes for each Stargate episode sold on iTunes (http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20060124Apple55CentsAndAdvertising.html)

Question!

Just how much does any given studio make off of an episode, if $.55 is going to apple and the remaining buck-forty-four is going to the network? :confused: I don't think the article says, unless I missed it somewhere...

And can we be sure that Stargate has the same breakdown as such network hits like Lost and Desperate Housewives?

Just wondering. :o

-PITBULL-
August 30th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I think its because the others have been out on DVD for awhile or soon will be. I'm not sure any shows post their older seasons, but I haven't checked in awhile. I think all of BSG is on there though. MGM must have some reason not to.
I think MGM would make out great with sales of past eps .... 1.99 eeach and if people arent smart to but the whole season or the Season passes then MGM makes out even more ... I think it was something like 40 dollors for all 20 eps at a 1.99 each ... but season passes are going for 37.99 witch your save a few dollors ...

Myself I dont own an I-POD so i have to wait for the DVD box sets ... I perfer it that way too , makes it easier for me ...

teknikal
August 30th, 2006, 08:05 AM
you dont have to own an ipod to use itunes..you can calways save them on your comp.. it sucks that i live in ireland and cant get any tv shows on iunes over here....the good thing about the dvds are the xtras aswell..i love the commentaries.

-PITBULL-
August 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM
you dont have to own an ipod to use itunes..you can calways save them on your comp.. it sucks that i live in ireland and cant get any tv shows on iunes over here....the good thing about the dvds are the xtras aswell..i love the commentaries.
Well yeah , im sorry to say ( Couse i dont own an I-POD ) that i really dont feel like wasting 40 dollors at I-TUNES for 20 eps , when i could wait to get then on DVD for the same price and get all those Extra Footage that I-Tunes doesnt have ...

Now if Apple was to make a Deal with SONY for there Video's that would work on a PSP i would go out and buy a PSP and then start D/L more shows so i could watch them on that ... Or even make it where if you own a DVD it would convert it over for your I-Pod or PSP for you instead of re-buying it for your i-Pod or PSP ...

I have friends that say that is one this that sucks about I-Tunes right nwo , is that you cant copy your DVD over to I-Tunes to transfer to your I-Pods ...

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 30th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Question!

Just how much does any given studio make off of an episode, if $.55 is going to apple and the remaining buck-forty-four is going to the network? :confused: I don't think the article says, unless I missed it somewhere...

And can we be sure that Stargate has the same breakdown as such network hits like Lost and Desperate Housewives?

Just wondering. :o
I think that $0.55 goes to Apple and the rest is split between MGM & SciFi (with MGM getting the most of it)

Butterfly-Dreamer
August 30th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Does that mean that you can't get the episodes from itunes unless your in USA?
I just downloaded the softwear and couldnt figure it out. Am i doing it wrong or is it true?

DE

RedGuard
August 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I just downloaded the softwear and couldnt figure it out. Am i doing it wrong or is it true?

DE

I think each country has their own version of iTunes, if available. The download page should ask you about it I think.

jburrows
August 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM

DE

Well I believe you can. I live in the USA and had a ploblem figuring out how to use it for a little while and I consider myself tech smart as I built my current computer from scratch with no help from anyone else.

Well here is to access it.
Run itunes.
Click on the music store in the top left part of screen.
In the music store window in the there is top left side there is inside the music store section. Click on tv shows.

In the window now on there is column on the left side.There is was section called networks.Pick the scifi channel.Then it show list of shows on scifi channel. pick stargate sg1 or atlantis.

Near the bottom of the screen there is list of episodes and buy episode next to each one.

Also does anyone know about the video resolutions and file size of the video. Also what format it is in? I have a stargate site and plan on using them for screenshots. Also I watch the friday's episode and said that episode would be for download on itunes in around 24 hours. I noticed however fridays episode was still not advailable for download.Is there some kind of ploblem?

Farscapefan
August 30th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I think each country has their own version of iTunes, if available. The download page should ask you about it I think.

The version of iTunes - software - is the same for everybody. Content is different for every country, where iTunes has it's "shop".

The Ori
August 30th, 2006, 01:51 PM
they will in time we just have to wait!!

senordingdong
August 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Didn't Gateworld say they would be up eventually?

lexa
August 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Is there a way to get iTunes other than through your computer. My computer sucks, but I really can't justify the expense of new PC + iPod. Do they have downloads available at their stores or anything like that? I've been putting off getting an iPod for years because of this logistical problem. Thanks

akren
August 30th, 2006, 05:18 PM
When I sent an e-mail to iTunes Feedback Department about the lack of availability of STARGATE episodes on iTunes outside the US; here's the response that I got (copied & pasted from my e-mail) :

Dear Akren,

I'm sorry that TV Shows on the US iTunes Store are only available for distribution to customers residing in US with a credit card issued by a financial institution in US.

I understand that you would like to get Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis on the Australian iTunes Store. I do not know when any TV programming will be available there. Apple does not comment on rumors about decisions, products, programs, or promotions that Apple has not officially announced.

By withholding comment, Apple hopes to protect customers from making decisions based on information that is incomplete, inaccurate, or subject to change before the formal announcement. Apple believes this is the best way to ensure that all customers are treated fairly.

We strive to create a perfect experience for our customers, so we are constantly working with our partner record labels to expand the iTunes catalog.

***If you would like to request a particular item for distribution in your country, please use our Request website at

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html.

Thank you for being a valued iTunes Customer.

Sincerely,
Abe
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

& this is the letter I originally sent them :

Dear Jason; Please find attached below the text missing from my last e-mail :

To Whom It May Concern;

I recently noticed whilst browsing the international iTunes store that
STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE ATLANTIS are available for download in a
sub-section of the site called 'T.V. Shows'; but when I tried to purchase an
episode, I was re-directed back to the Australian iTunes store & was
informed that the episode I wanted was not available for download outside
the U.S.A. & that no menu option existed for purchasing episodes of these
shows from the Australian iTunes store.

This is disappointing & upsetting to say the least, & it is unfortunate that
I cannot seem to obtain legal copies of my two favourite shows to download
off the internet anywhere else (nor do I wish to obtain illegial copies, as
this is against the law & robes all the hard-working people who make these
shows of their hard-earned income!).

If you would consider setting something up on the iTunes Australia site so
that myself & others could download episodes of our favourite T.V. shows &
the like, it would be greatly appericated (not to mention all the extra
revenue it could potentially make!).

Thankyou for your time, support & understanding in this matter; & I eagerly
look forward to downloading episodes of STARGATE SG-1, STARGATE ATLANTIS - &
many more of my favourite episodes from my favourite shows! - from the
iTunes Australia website in the near future.

Yours Sincerely;

-- Akren Garkos.

Now I have requested STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE ATLANTIS episodes for download in the Itunes Music Store for Asutralian & non-US residents whom don't have the luxury of a U.S.-issued credit card; & gotten back JS & what seems like a polite denial filled with BS from TPTB @ Apple/iTunes. :(

How do they except us to support STARGATE & increase their sales/revenue from people whom use iTunes & buy products from MGM/Sony (STARGATE ringtones, music, etc) over their on-line store when it is not available outside the good old U.S. of A (no offense intended to our friends across pond ;) )? They are missing out on a massive oppertunity to increase hits, boost productivity & revenue, not just for iTunes & MGM/Sony, but for all those involved in the whole process of making STARGATE the popular multi-million dollar success story it has become (not to mention I can't legealluy back up my STARGATE episodes to my comp without downloading them illegally!!).

The long story short for Australian fans & other non-U.S. fans of STARGATE whom might wish to download STARGATE episodes from iTunes? Don't hold your breathe, you might be waiting a whiles. . . .

rarocks24
August 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Is there a way to get iTunes other than through your computer. My computer sucks, but I really can't justify the expense of new PC + iPod. Do they have downloads available at their stores or anything like that? I've been putting off getting an iPod for years because of this logistical problem. Thanks
You don't need an iPod. :rolleyes:

You can watch it on your computer...have dialup?

areghnatha
August 30th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well I believe you can. I live in the USA and had a ploblem figuring out how to use it for a little while and I consider myself tech smart as I built my current computer from scratch with no help from anyone else.

Well here is to access it.
Run itunes.
Click on the music store in the top left part of screen.
In the music store window in the there is top left side there is inside the music store section. Click on tv shows.

In the window now on there is column on the left side.There is was section called networks.Pick the scifi channel.Then it show list of shows on scifi channel. pick stargate sg1 or atlantis.

Near the bottom of the screen there is list of episodes and buy episode next to each one.

I have tried what you said... but nothing. Bad luck that I do not live in the USA :( .

mmu_man
August 31st, 2006, 07:44 AM
I voted no, because I won't be buying anything from iTunes, nor any other DRM-crippled platform.
We recently got in France the worst transcription of the EUCD (EU clone of the DMCA), that threatens me as a software author to go to jail for writing software without DRM or breaking DRM even for the purpose of being able to play legally aquired media.
How much I love stargate does not come up to how much I value my freedom of expression as a software writer, and my freedom to use cultural goods the way I intend, not the way Majors intends me to stick to. Therefore I'm boycotting all DRM-crippled material. That shamely includes current DVDs (most of them are CSS-encrypted even if it can be easily defeated, it's now illegal to do so) and of course the upcoming BlueRay/HDDVD.
See http://eucd.info/.

And I believe the Ancients wouldn't want culture and knowledge to be taken hostage like this. :-(

(and of course cause they aren't available in France anyway)

Callista
August 31st, 2006, 08:11 AM

But only if they ever get around to actually putting the latest episode on their store!!! Where is it? It's Thursday already! (Grumble, grumble, grumble.)

Missster.Freeman
August 31st, 2006, 09:21 AM
In a word, no.

EnterTheWormhole
August 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM
Good: SG-1 is available on iTunes.
Bad: It's only Season 10.

I'd love it if they'd have the past seasons to download. DVD sales? BSG's on iTunes from the beginning to the end of last season, and they've got DVD's as well. (OK, I have no idea how the DVDs are doing.) True, with the DVDs you get better picture quality (not to mention a larger frame) and tons of extras, commentaries and such, but if you want to buy just a few of your favorite episodes instead of shelling out oodles of money for eight or nine seasons of DVDs, then iTunes is the better value.

Classic SG-1 on iTunes!

lexa
August 31st, 2006, 04:26 PM

Yeah, "sucks" actually means "sucks". I have an ancient PC with no trade-in/resale value, running a 56k line, struggling to keep up with the ever expanding, ever more demanding internet. Such as, this site doesn't work from my home computer. This one. It couldn't handle iTunes 3 years, I doubt it can handle it now. I'm usually not rude, but god! READING COMPREHENSION! :mad:

Callista
September 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
So, has anyone heard anything about "Counterstrike" and "Common Ground"? They were supposed to be available a week ago. I e-mailed iTunes on Thursday and the answer I received was basically: "I don't know where they are, but we're glad you like Stargate....Have a nice day." Just wondering...

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 2nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
So, has anyone heard anything about "Counterstrike" and "Common Ground"? They were supposed to be available a week ago. I e-mailed iTunes on Thursday and the answer I received was basically: "I don't know where they are, but we're glad you like Stargate....Have a nice day." Just wondering...
I have not heard anything.

That answer they gave you, it's just stupid.

Callista
September 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I have not heard anything.

That answer they gave you, it's just stupid.
I agree. I wasn't mad before they answered, I just figured there was a glitch somewhere. But when they basically said that they weren't going to bother finding out, I suddenly became a bit miffed. I just e-mailed MGM to see if they know where the new (well, not quite as new now) episodes are....we'll see if they have something better to say. After all, if they're advertising it as being out the next day, I would think they'd at least try to come up with an explanation as to why it's not out a whole week late.

rarocks24
September 2nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, "sucks" actually means "sucks". I have an ancient PC with no trade-in/resale value, running a 56k line, struggling to keep up with the ever expanding, ever more demanding internet. Such as, this site doesn't work from my home computer. This one. It couldn't handle iTunes 3 years, I doubt it can handle it now. I'm usually not rude, but god! READING COMPREHENSION! :mad:
You don't mean to be rude, and yet you are? :confused:

I think I'm going to have to start using the ignore feature again. :rolleyes:

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Guess what: 200 it the only Stargate Episode in the Top 100 TV Shows right now at 52nd

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM
200 is slipping now 74th. and it's still alone.

The episodes from 2 weeks ago are not up yet.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM
200 is now 95th. Counterstrike and Common Ground are not added yet. Anyone want to sell their season pass because of this?

Callista
September 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
200 is now 95th. Counterstrike and Common Ground are not added yet. Anyone want to sell their season pass because of this?
I e-mailed MGM about it last Thursday (a week ago) and they never acknowledged me. At least iTunes wrote me back (despite being of no help whatsoever). My husband theorizes there may be some sort of contract dispute (not that he knows anything about it....he teaches engineering). I guess maybe we'll see if the next episodes show up on Saturday.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Here's what I think should happen: MGM should release Counterstrike and Common Ground for free (which would last for a week or so), and they should should refund $1.99 ($3.98 for both season passes) from the $37.99 Season Pass because of their ridiculus delay for the episodes to appear.

But that's just me.

And I'm happy to say 200 has increased in it's rating, it's now 91st, I give it a day or 2 before it drops out of the Top 100 TV Shows

BenWahBallBoy
September 8th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Everyone should head to Amazon's place where they sell content. They provide DVD quality and portable media player quality files, both for a single price and they have all the episodes up already:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pegasus-Project/dp/B000IBUH4U/sr=1-2/qid=1157675340/ref=sr_1_2/104-0951627-4663168?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video

I always prefer other places of iTunes... plus, I think that no matter where you are you can buy from them without iTunes saying "No, no, no, you don't get to play...", but I may be wrong about that, but hey, it's another option and they're up to date!

rarocks24
September 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Everyone should head to Amazon's place where they sell content. They provide DVD quality and portable media player quality files, both for a single price and they have all the episodes up already:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pegasus-Project/dp/B000IBUH4U/sr=1-2/qid=1157675340/ref=sr_1_2/104-0951627-4663168?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video

I always prefer other places of iTunes... plus, I think that no matter where you are you can buy from them without iTunes saying "No, no, no, you don't get to play...", but I may be wrong about that, but hey, it's another option and they're up to date!
Yes, that's all fine and dandy, if you actually owned a PC. Unfortunately, not everyone does. :rolleyes:

There's a few here that are so fed up with Windows they've gone to either Linux or Mac. ;)

BenWahBallBoy
September 8th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ah, yes... I suppose that's true. I guess I just assumed everyone either ran WindowsXP or ran a dual or triple boot system like I do! Oh well, it's an option at least! I went there because I was tired of the differing definition between what I consider to be 24 hours and what iTunes considers to be 24 hours! lol

nyxlily
September 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hey thanks :D I didn't realize Amazon sells them by the episode, too!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Let's not forget SGA People:
http://www.amazon.com/Childhoods-End/dp/B000ICNWRI/sr=1-22/qid=1157771251/ref=sr_1_22/102-0148495-4985773?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video

Callista
September 8th, 2006, 09:10 PM
OK, so I got an episode of the Original Star Trek (the Khan one) from Amazon and the picture quality was really nice, although it took about 45 minutes to download it. I'm guessing that's because it's their first day and they're swamped, but who knows.
I'm still wondering what's up with iTunes, but I suspect it's not their fault. I'm guessing they haven't received the newer episodes from MGM.....something seems a little fishy here.

Shep'sSocks
September 9th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I just sent a snarky email off to Amazon saying that only selling digital video to US customers was (a) anti-consumer and (b) just plain rude, pointing out that they'll sell me anything else.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I don't plan on downloading any episodes from Amazon, I'm going to stick to iTunes since you can find iTunes Music Cards anywhere. And CBS Paramount should consider adding Star Trek to iTunes. Amazon to me is a place where I buy stuff I can't find anywhere in my fair city.

Counterstrike and Common Ground are still M.I.A. on iTunes, last night's aren't added yet.

"200" is now 86th on the Top 100 TV Shows of the Day.

rarocks24
September 9th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I don't plan on downloading any episodes from Amazon, I'm going to stick to iTunes since you can find iTunes Music Cards anywhere. And CBS Paramount should consider adding Star Trek to iTunes. Amazon to me is a place where I buy stuff I can't find anywhere in my fair city.

Counterstrike and Common Ground are still M.I.A. on iTunes, last night's aren't added yet.

"200" is now 86th on the Top 100 TV Shows of the Day.

I'm so mad....they should sell for Mac people too. :mad:

I'm sending off a nasty email telling them to sell for Mac too.

nyxlily
September 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Well, I'm going to buy from Amazon because they actually let me use it on a portable device OTHER than an iPOD. =)

rarocks24
September 9th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, I'm going to buy from Amazon because they actually let me use it on a portable device OTHER than an iPOD. =)
Ooh!!! I can use it on anything OTHER than an iPod...is there something wrong with an iPod? :rolleyes:

nyxlily
September 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Ooh!!! I can use it on anything OTHER than an iPod...is there something wrong with an iPod? :rolleyes:
Umm.. no? I just don't have an iPOD? I compared the video iPOD and other similar devices out on the market and, after comparing the pros and cons, decided to go with the Creative vision: M. Needless to say I personally thought the M has more pros. But, that's neither here nor there.. or something.

doyaseetheirony
September 10th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Hello, im new to the GateWorld forums, but have been a Stargate fan for three years already.

Im thinking, could it be SciFi causing the slow down? After all, it is the network that decides what shows go to the music store and what episodes to add. I also saw that EUReKA at one point had all the episodes on and then only odd ones. SG-1's 200th episode was sold as "Remember When" for a few days then reverted back to "200". SciFi just likes to piss its customers off, first was introducing ECW, then canceling Farscape, then canceling SG-1, now not meeting deadlines in iTunes.

Jedted
September 11th, 2006, 04:19 AM
So they finally put episodes of Stargate on iTunes but now they fail to update their database when new episodes air. What the frak is this?!?!

I bought a season pass for both Sg1 and Atlantis cause i figured i'd get the episodes faster that way but i geuss i was wrong. All i can say is if Sci-fi is backin outta their deal with iTunes then someone owes me my $37 back. :daniel09:

Jedted
September 11th, 2006, 04:54 AM

I know i want my money back if it's gonna take em this long to put out the episodes.

Sci-fi must be not likin their contract with iTunes cause usually iTunes puts eps of other shows up the day after they air. Sci-fi must really hate Sg1 and anyone who watches it. :daniel09:

Mousie
September 11th, 2006, 06:14 AM
So they finally put episodes of Stargate on iTunes but now they fail to update their database when new episodes air. What the frak is this?!?!

I bought a season pass for both Sg1 and Atlantis cause i figured i'd get the episodes faster that way but i geuss i was wrong. All i can say is if Sci-fi is backin outta their deal with iTunes then someone owes me my $37 back. :daniel09:

Have you emailed ITunes to ask them about it?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I have thought, maybe the delay may be related to SG-1 Cancellation, maybe the Cast and Crew and MGM/Sony are busy trying to resurrect SG-1. Or maybe your right, maybe SciFi hates the contract and every SG-1 and SGA fan.

Maybe MGM/Sony are still trying to get use to having two of their shows on iTunes, it's the only 2 they have on iTunes so far.

But don't expect any of their (MGM/Sony) movies to be on iTunes when movies go on sale on iTunes. How do I know this, I read it in an article (http://www.ipodhub.net/330/2006/9/04/ipod-movies-unveiled/).

chuckiej
September 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM
This is why the episodes weren't coming up and why we were getting cryptic responses:

iLounge: TV shows are now encoded at 640x480 (h264), up from 320x240

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM
It's official, there are no Stargate episodes in the Top 100 TV Episodes.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 13th, 2006, 06:10 PM
This is why the episodes weren't coming up and why we were getting cryptic responses:

iLounge: TV shows are now encoded at 640x480 (h264), up from 320x240
Here's a comparison for "The Pegasus Project"
-Captured from 30 second preview
-100% quality
-no spoilers so I'm not going to bother with the spoiler tags:

320x180:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3696/oldformatrd3.jpg

640x360:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5733/newformatau8.jpg

Damn I shouldn't have downloaded the episodes (Sateda, Progeny, 200) when they first came out, becuase this looks beautiful.

Meanwhile:

Today's Top 100 TV Seasons:
SG-1 is 17th
SGA is 30th

Today's Top 100 TV Episodes:
200 is 89th

fireannice
September 14th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I was waiting on a new computer so I could download iTunes stuff eaiser. I plano on buying a "season pass" for both Stargate and Atlantis. I will be doing my part to get them to the top 10!

Callista
September 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Hooray!! Counterstrike and Memento Mori finally showed up!! (I'm assuming the Atlantis ones did, too, I just didn't buy the season pass for that.)

NikonUser
September 15th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Nope, Atlantis episodes have not been updated....yet. I expect they will sometime today though.

doyaseetheirony
September 15th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Notice how EUReKa is now on the top of the SciFi line-up and SG-1/Atlantis are on the bottom. It's not even in ABC order, just goes to show how much SciFi hates the Stargate franchise.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 15th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Hooray!! Counterstrike and Memento Mori finally showed up!! (I'm assuming the Atlantis ones did, too, I just didn't buy the season pass for that.)
Yeah they should sell Counterstrike free for making us wait 3 weeks for it to show up.

Callista
September 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Strangely enough, McKay and Mrs. Miller is available on Amazon but not iTunes and Memento Mori is available on iTunes but not Amazon. Also, The Amazon ones seem to be taking a really long time to download. It's been 10 minutes and it still says it's only 9% downloaded.
Also, Amazon says the season for SG-1 is only $13.93. Is that just for the 7 episodes they currently have (which would work out about right at $1.99 per episode), or is that for all 20 episodes (which would be a really good price)?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Strangely enough, McKay and Mrs. Miller is available on Amazon but not iTunes and Memento Mori is available on iTunes but not Amazon. Also, The Amazon ones seem to be taking a really long time to download. It's been 10 minutes and it still says it's only 9% downloaded.
Also, Amazon says the season for SG-1 is only $13.93. Is that just for the 7 episodes they currently have (which would work out about right at $1.99 per episode), or is that for all 20 episodes (which would be a really good price)?
McKay and Mrs. Miller is now on iTunes, along with Common Ground. Remember it's going to take long because of the bigger file size, as shown in my previous post, with the pictures (of Daniel), on this page.

And now the updates:
Today's Top 100 TV Episodes
Counterstrike is 79th 36th
Momento Mori is 86th 35th
and odds say the Latest 2 SGA episode will be in the top 100 in a few hours.
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 84th
Common Ground is not listed.

Today's Top 100 TV Seasons
SG-1 Season 10 is 21st 19th
SGA Season 3 is 35th 31st

nyxlily
September 15th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Okay, now I have another point in Amazon's favor: Their season pass is for only $14.

And not sure if this is another point for them.. but they also have season 1 up.

iTunes really need to step up here! :D

Callista
September 16th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Yea!! Company of Thieves is available already on iTunes. I didn't check Amazon yet. Did anybody buy the season pass on Amazon? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that cheap originally and I'm wondering if the price they had listed was just for the 7 shows they already had or is it really for the whole 20. They also may be counting just the first 10 episodes of the season considering that Sci-Fi is calling next week's episode the "season finale". I know the latest season of South Park on iTunes only included 6 or 7 episodes and they were saying the second half (if it ever was made) would be sold as a different season pass. Then, in the Spring, they may offer the second half of SG-1 as a different season pass.

rarocks24
September 16th, 2006, 10:48 AM
They've apparently gotten into the full swing of things, finally. They actually had the first episodes up. Did anyone notice the increase in screen resolution? :D

Alas' I can do screenshots now....perhaps I'll post them.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Company of Thieves is not on Amazon, yet, neither is Phantoms. I think Amazon's season Pass only applies for the first 10 episodes, not the whole season

rarocks24
September 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Company of Thieves is not on Amazon, yet, neither is Phantoms. I think Amazon's season Pass only applies for the first 10 episodes, not the whole season

But they are on iTunes. :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 16th, 2006, 12:18 PM
But they are on iTunes. :D
your right they are on iTunes.

rarocks24
September 16th, 2006, 12:18 PM
For the first time, they've got them up with haste. :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
For the first time, they've got them up with haste. :D
Yep, I hope this continues next week.

rarocks24
September 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Yep, I hope this continues next week.

Probably tired of all the jokers like us emailing in going "WHERE'S OUR EPISODES!!!:mad:" :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Probably tired of all the jokers like us emailing in going "WHERE'S OUR EPISODES!!!:mad:" :D
Your probably right.

Why are we posting every like 10 seconds to each other in this thread?:S

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 17th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Updates:

Memento Mori is 16th
Counterstrike is 20th
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 23rd
Company of Thieves is 26th
Common Ground is 30th
Phantoms is 40th

SG-1 Season 10 is 15th
SGA Season 3 is 23rd

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 18th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Today's updates (for those who don't have iTunes)

Company of Thieves is 12th 11th
Phantoms is 21st 16th
Momento Mori is 23rd 26th
Counterstrike is 26th 27th
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 27th 25th
Common Ground is 36th 37th

SG-1 Season 10 is 18th 16th
SGA Season 3 is 23rd 21st

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Today's update (this will stop in a few weeks)

Company of Thieves is 10th (no, it's your not imagination)
Phantoms is 15th
Momento Mori is 27th
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 28th
Counterstrike is 31st
Common Ground is 39th

SG-1 Season 10 is 16th
SGA Season 3 is 21st

Konman72
September 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Today's update (this will stop in a few weeks)

Company of Thieves is 10th (no, it's your not imagination)
Phantoms is 15th
Momento Mori is 27th
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 28th
Counterstrike is 31st
Common Ground is 39th

SG-1 Season 10 is 16th
SGA Season 3 is 21st
I was waiting for Company of Thieves to get higher on the list. My guess is that most people are waiting to buy that since they have 2 other episodes to purchase first, so all 3 will probably remain on the list for a while, just not as high as usual.

I'm glad they have gotten back on track though, hopefully it can continue since I'm sure I will want to watch The Quest over and over again ;)

Callista
September 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the updates, Abydos. I was just wondering, does anyone know roughly what it translates into as far as number of people sold to? (i.e.: If Company of Thieves is number 10, how many people bought it to get it to that ranking?) I know, that would change depending on total episodes of every show purchased on a given day, I'm just curious what kind of numbers we're talking about.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the updates, Abydos. I was just wondering, does anyone know roughly what it translates into as far as number of people sold to? (i.e.: If Company of Thieves is number 10, how many people bought it to get it to that ranking?) I know, that would change depending on total episodes of every show purchased on a given day, I'm just curious what kind of numbers we're talking about.
I honestly don't know.

Now the Updates:

Company of Thieves is 14th
Phantoms is 22nd
Momento Mori is 36th
McKay and Mrs. Miller is 38th
Counterstrike is 40th
Common Ground is 58th

SG-1 Season 10 is 21st
SGA Season 3 is 27th

rarocks24
September 24th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Dah!!! I went to Amazon Unbox (because they sell S.1 episodes, and guess which episode is the one unavailable, the one I frakking want to see! :mad:.) Oh well, I hope iTunes adds the previous seasons as well. :)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 24th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Well looking on iTunes. The Return Part 1 is now available (it's currently 11th in the Top 100 TV Episodes), however The Quest Part 1 isn't available, yet.

EDIT: The Return Part 1 is now 10th 9th

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 25th, 2006, 10:31 AM
The Return Part 1 is now 8th.

The Quest Part 1 has not been added to iTunes yet.

Callista
September 26th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I just got an e-mail from iTunes that "The Quest, part 1" is now available.

Amazon sent me an e-mail that they are upgrading their unbox already due to customer feed-back and thanking me for being one of the first to buy from them. They're also giving me another $1.99 credit towards another TV episode which is pretty nice considering I never complained or anything. (I didn't think there was anything to complain about other than that it took a really long time to download the first episode I got from them...I think I bought Progeny from them.) On my computer, the Amazon shows look a lot nicer than the iTunes ones. I already bought the season pass from iTunes for SG-1, but I'd get any additional shows from Amazon.

newbiegater
September 26th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I'd really like them to put older episodes on, not just the new ones.

Callista
September 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
iTunes only has the current seasons, but Amazon has season 1 of both SG-1 and Atlantis. (I swear, Amazon is not paying me to post these things.)

Shep'sSocks
September 30th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I wrote back to Amazon after they gave me their standard, "sorry we only make this stuff available to our US customers" nonsense and asked why and under what specific law. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get a response.

rarocks24
September 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I wrote back to Amazon after they gave me their standard, "sorry we only make this stuff available to our US customers" nonsense and asked why and under what specific law. Unsurprisingly, I didn't get a response.

I doubt they'd know the copyright laws of the country you are living in. :rolleyes:

My main beef with Amazon is where's "Before I Sleep"?

Actionhank
September 30th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Damnit - they really need to find a way to spread this to other countries as well. I think they just don't know how much money they COULD make with that...
I guess they're already in it - can't imagine them - being the business folks they are - to let go such an opportunity. :)

Callista
September 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Damnit - they really need to find a way to spread this to other countries as well. I think they just don't know how much money they COULD make with that...
I guess they're already in it - can't imagine them - being the business folks they are - to let go such an opportunity. :)
I suspect that there is some contract that doesn't allow them to sell to people in countries where the show is being shown on other channels until the particular episode airs. I guess that theory will be put to the test once some other countries' television stations start airing season 10. :o

Callista
October 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
This post was made on September second:

I agree. I wasn't mad before they answered, I just figured there was a glitch somewhere. But when they basically said that they weren't going to bother finding out, I suddenly became a bit miffed. I just e-mailed MGM to see if they know where the new (well, not quite as new now) episodes are....we'll see if they have something better to say. After all, if they're advertising it as being out the next day, I would think they'd at least try to come up with an explanation as to why it's not out a whole week late.

Hey! Guess what? MGM e-mailed me back. TODAY!! Let's see, it's only been six and a half weeks since I e-mailed them. Now that's customer service!

(I'm really not mad. I just thought it was funny.)

Shep'sSocks
October 21st, 2006, 12:58 AM
I doubt they'd know the copyright laws of the country you are living in. :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with the copyright laws of Australia. And beside which Australia has a fair trade agreement with the US under which copyright is covered.

buckner
April 21st, 2007, 06:58 AM
How long does it normally take for a episode to appear on itunes after it has been aired in the U.S.?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
April 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM
How long does it normally take for a episode to appear on itunes after it has been aired in the U.S.?
About a day, sometimes it can take 2 days.

buckner
April 21st, 2007, 10:38 AM
About a day, sometimes it can take 2 days.
Thanks for the help, I have to wait until they are on itunes to watch them since I do not have tv at college.

merrima
April 24th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Hi -- Has anyone heard why Line in the Sand and Echoes haven't shown up on iTunes yet? Any news would be appreciated! I'm going a little crazy over here.

Thanks!

Wraith_Boy
April 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Echoes:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PLOW1M/ref=atv_dp_se_3_12/103-7495010-2960667

Line in the Sand:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PLOW1C/ref=atv_dp_se_10_12/103-7495010-2960667

merrima
April 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks Wraith, but I have a Mac and it looks like amazon are I are not compatible. Thanks, though.

SaberBlade
April 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I've heard that Itunes can take up to a week for the newest episode to appear. Give it until thursday or friday.

Lokii
April 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Usually they are pretty quick about posting the shows.

I called apple support on a different issue, but asked if they were having trouble adding new content and they said yes, but of course would not be more specific. As far as support people go, the Apple people I have talked to have always been honest and knew what they were talking about.... ok most of the time they knew what they were talking about.

Lokii
April 30th, 2007, 05:58 AM
As of last night SG-1 was caught up, but SGA is now 2 episodes behind.

mmu_man
May 28th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks Wraith, but I have a Mac and it looks like amazon are I are not compatible. Thanks, though.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DRM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management)s...

Sheppard little minx
May 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Is the downloads only for the US

I would love download them in Uk but can't see anything