The Message-this just keeps bugging me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Message-this just keeps bugging me

This bugs me everytime I watch the The Message. When they are in the Post Office Jane refers to River as a "mind reading genius". the first time they discuss the possibility of River possessing psychic abilities occurs in Objects in Space. Question for the rest of the Gateworld Browncoats, is this a slip up by the writers or would The Message have taken place after Objects if ythe show had continued?
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Originally posted by Kirath
    This bugs me everytime I watch the The Message. When they are in the Post Office Jane refers to River as a "mind reading genius". the first time they discuss the possibility of River possessing psychic abilities occurs in Objects in Space. Question for the rest of the Gateworld Browncoats, is this a slip up by the writers or would The Message have taken place after Objects if ythe show had continued?
    I think it's one of those things where, Jayne's the idiot, and we're not going to trust what he says, but he really is speaking the truth- it's like his blatent questions that evryone else thinks are too dumb to be asked, but they have to be asked. Often with his idiocities, Jayne is sayng what really is important, inadvertantly maybe, but he is right.

And didn't they talk about possible psycic abilities in "Ariel" when he and Simon were with River getting the scans? Might have to watch that one again to see.

Comment

'The Message' was one of the unaired episodes, so its relationship with 'Objects in Space' may be off. IIRC, it was the last episode filmed before production ended. I know it was the last episode that was scored, as the composer talked about how his music in the final scene was really his "goodbye to Firefly".

a time to mourn

Comment

I think perhaps Jayne was just joking around, and that he (and others) had been making a similar joke for a while. Think about what he says in OiS:

JAYNE
        (suddenly more uncomfy)
        Back up a sec. You're saying she might really read minds?

To me, that sounds like something he hadn't taken seriously has suddenly become quite serious.
        Last edited by White Knight; 11 September 2006, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X