PDA

View Full Version : The ZPM On Atlantis

sparkygate
September 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Is the ZPM on atlantis actually depleted? because if it is, they didnt really show any extra cool technology that came with it, as in when the ZPM was plugged in... only that they found the Aurora and that was pretty much it

ZELENKA: How much power did we drain from the ZeeP ... M?
(He trails off as he sees the screen. Jeanie looks at the screen and
stares in shock. Its message reads, "ZPM Module depleted. 0%."
McKAY (appalled): All of it. (He groans.) I drained all of it.
JEANIE: You did the right thing.
McKAY: Hmm. Well, I suppose I would've done the same thing for ...
me.
(All the screens go off, then all the lights go out and the room is
plunged into darkness. A moment later some of the lights come back
on again as the city switches from ZPM power to naqahdah generators.)
McKAY: I am so fired.

freyr's mother
September 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Is the ZPM on atlantis actually depleted? because if it is, they didnt really show any extra cool technology that came with it, as in when the ZPM was plugged in... only that they found the Aurora and that was pretty much it

ZELENKA: How much power did we drain from the ZeeP ... M?
(He trails off as he sees the screen. Jeanie looks at the screen and
stares in shock. Its message reads, "ZPM Module depleted. 0%."
McKAY (appalled): All of it. (He groans.) I drained all of it.
JEANIE: You did the right thing.
McKAY: Hmm. Well, I suppose I would've done the same thing for ...
me.
(All the screens go off, then all the lights go out and the room is
plunged into darkness. A moment later some of the lights come back
on again as the city switches from ZPM power to naqahdah generators.)
McKAY: I am so fired.

Yeah, dude, it's gone.

Bragi
September 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM
The expedition is back to square one, but at least they have Daedalus.

For now.

Star Fox
September 10th, 2006, 05:52 PM
theroticaly it should never run out, but we have had that argument in another thread so lets not have it here

my question is what now? Weir gave them that list of planets with known ZPMs didnt she, should they start hitting those now?

JanusAncient
September 10th, 2006, 08:21 PM
They'll begin looking for a power source more efficient than a zpm.

jenks
September 10th, 2006, 08:25 PM
theroticaly it should never run out, but we have had that argument in another thread so lets not have it here

my question is what now? Weir gave them that list of planets with known ZPMs didnt she, should they start hitting those now?

They've already checked those planets.

Pasankoon
September 10th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I am pretty annoyed with this as <I>sparkygate</I> said at the start of this thread we have still only seen a minute very small fraction of powerful technologies that are hidden in atlantis and requires zpm power.

The whole point of the atlantis story is so that we can discover uber cool technologies that the ancients had and use them against a very powerful enemy. But now well into season 3 were back to square one with all that shows potential laid to waste.

2ndgenerationalteran
September 10th, 2006, 10:02 PM
well we know they get more because of the spoilers of the Tao of Mcay . im hoping that the writers aknowlege that the ZPMs cant run out of power and later put all the "depleted" ZPMs together and can withdraw a minor charge that would last indefinately.

we would have around 7 to draw power from if they ever choose to explore this.

Col. Newman
September 10th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I am pretty annoyed with this as <I>sparkygate</I> said at the start of this thread we have still only seen a minute very small fraction of powerful technologies that are hidden in atlantis and requires zpm power.

The whole point of the atlantis story is so that we can discover uber cool technologies that the ancients had and use them against a very powerful enemy. But now well into season 3 were back to square one with all that shows potential laid to waste.This is cause by the writers being in competent. If they where going to cancel a show why did it have to SG-1 there the stories actually make sense

The only redeeming quality SGA has is it has McKay on it, other than the rare good episode

zpm!!
September 11th, 2006, 07:37 AM
listen even i'm a worn out zpm b/c people have been using me too much. Football = mckay using for his science projects.
school = database
senior video = monthly check-in with earth
graduation tests= mckay and mrs. miller equations being runned through my processors.
my mother being the SUPER-B*tch she is= the wraith shooting at my beatiful city
I'm ready to be depleted!!!!!!!!!!

Power status at 5%

Kingomon
September 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM
The thing that needs to be found is a ZPM Charger or Creator.

zpm!!
September 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM

i wish i could just plug myself into a wall outlet and be done with it.

wise one
September 11th, 2006, 08:26 AM
the tao of mckay sounds good and submersion it was possible mentioned that they were finding another source of power than a zpm. but i might be wrong

Col. Newman
September 11th, 2006, 12:15 PM
the tao of mckay sounds good and submersion it was possible mentioned that they were finding another source of power than a zpm. but i might be wrongI seriously doubt they would be able to use it that would make too much sense for the writers to comprehend

jenks
September 11th, 2006, 12:50 PM

No, it really doesn't, not unless you want Atlantis to end.

sparkygate
September 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Well they could have had at least one ZPM as having none makes you tune on that much... i mean you know because i myself would like to see very cool technology being used by us... and also more on the ancients itself

wise one
September 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM
i dont see whay they some how copy the database and paste into a person mind then you can say 'where are the zpm's' then he would either dial planets or show us where to make one

Avenger
September 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM

ZPMs seem to store power drawn from subspace. They don't tap into subspace themselves.

SoulReaver
September 12th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Is the ZPM on atlantis actually depleted?yup, Atlantis is impotent once again :( :D

Col. Newman
September 12th, 2006, 02:34 PM
ZPMs seem to store power drawn from subspace. They don't tap into subspace themselves.UM no they draw energy from vacuum from a self-contained region of subspace/time

Mister Oragahn
September 12th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Sheppard will pay a visit to Dagan's Brotherhood and snatch their damn juicy ZPM.
Burn them to ashes if necessary. Har.