This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the Daganians?

In the upcoming episode, "The Brotherhood," the Atlantis team arrives on the planet Dagan. Does anyone know anything about the Daganians? I have an audition for one (Tathal) and can't seem to find any info on them. Any help is appreciated.
    Martin
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.MartinNovotny.com

I don't think this should be here, but check the GateWorld homepage, that's pretty much all of the information about the Daganians.

Comment

There is mention of them in the Episode Update section from the GateWorld homepage... is that what you are referring to or did I miss something?
      Martin
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      www.MartinNovotny.com

Comment

Afraid so.The only threads about this ep are in the Atlantis Section,but there's no concrete "info" yet !
        Good luck searching though, and I hope the audition goes well .

(I'll post a couple of links to other Atlantis sites,if you like,but they might not have any more useful info at this stage ! )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The Daganians are a brand new, never-before-seen alien race o' the week. So there is currently no info on them beyond the script for "The Brotherhood." Our limited spoiler report is here:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/1x6.shtml

Darren

Comment

So... shouldn't the thread title include spoiler warnings for The Brotherhood?

Comment

Actually there's already a thread here !

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3493

Edited to remove daft q !
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 August 2004, 01:59 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen any spoilers in this thread yet.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
                  I haven't seen any spoilers in this thread yet.

Darren
                  But... but... I found out that the Atlantis team go to a planet with a name!!!

If I were to guess about the Daganians, I'd say there isn't really anything special about how they act, unless they're
                  Spoiler:
                  these ones that find out about the Brotherhood, they seem cultish...
                  Then again I'm just going from the image formed in my mind, which is always off by a bit

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I did a Google search before I started this thread and the only related result was the link to "The Brotherhood" Episode Update section from the GateWorld homepage, so Darren must be right about them being brand new. So, I called my agent today (Sunday) to get me some info before the audition tomorrow. I might not get anything too in depth but I'll at least know if they'll expect me to dance like a butterfly or sting like a bee (pardon the boxing quote). I'll post any general notes I get.

Also, when someone writes...
                    "unless they're SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):"
                    ...how/what do I "Highlight to read"?
                    Martin
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    www.MartinNovotny.com

Comment

I belive it is a reference to Dagon a cult god from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Dagon liked to erm "Kawoosh" with the locals and create halfman-halfdagon followers, pehaps the "Brotherhood" is a group of such people...

Comment

Dunno who they are. But the title of this thread has made me think of "One for all and all for one, Muskehounds are always ready..."

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by imartx
                          I'll post any general notes I get.
                          Thanks,and good luck with everything .
                          Originally posted by imartx
                          Also, when someone writes...
                          "unless they're SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):"
                          ...how/what do I "Highlight to read"?
                          Aha.......move the cursor over the spoiler tag area,and press left and hold.
                          Drag till you've read the hidden info.Job done,hopefully !

To do the "spoiler tag" itself,there's a forum announcement at the top of the page.

*Sigh* Re Madeleine's post:back to thinking about D'Artagnan and the three Muskehounds....took me years to get that song out of my head.It's back now !

Comment

They're probably just followers of Dagan...or a coincidence.

Comment

The audition went well but I couldn't get any info on the Daganians! After the introductions, I asked Martin Wood (director) what these Dagans are and he just said, "Well let's see what you've got." I ran it once, he gave me one minor note, we ran it a second time and I was done. Nice guy. No info. I heard that sometimes they're not even sure what they're going for during pre-production and they see what the auditioning actors bring, and fill it out from there. If they give any info at the call-back, I'll post again.
                              Also, I read the instructions Bagpuss posted but I still don't know how to get the spoiler tag info to show ...and where is the "spoiler tag area"?
                              Martin
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              www.MartinNovotny.com

Comment

Working...
                              X