X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After ep 3.08,can SGA team use that Ori supergate wormhole in emergency

spoiler for 308 "McKay and Mrs Miller"
    Highlight the spoiler
    by the end of ep 308 Dr Mckay had use up the Atlantis 's one and only ZMP .

I am sure SGA can find another ZMP ,but in the mean time .can they use that wormhole from "Pegasus Project"

The ZMP had provided the SGA team with some luxuries , like a quick and easy way to travel to Earth , and City's shields, cloaking ability, and weekly transmission report back to Earth.

Until the propose intergalactic bridgeis ready , i think SCA team must cut back , and plans for their resource, the Daedulas takes time to travel between galaxy, and with the Ori war in the milkyway .It is possible Daedulas may not come as often.

So what about that wormhole connect Pegasus with the Ori supergate in the milkyway .It use the power from a blackhole it block the Ori gate indefinitely.

Can SGA team use that wormhole in an emergency, like someone is wound ,and need medical treatment back on Earth , or sending emergency message for Daedulas to return or may be for weekly transmission report back to Earth.

To use that wormhole , SGA need a ship capable to travel to near the time/gravity distorted space and send transmission back to Milkyway.
    Or then send out some life pod beig enough to go inside a normal stargate. and arrange a pick up on the milkyway side.

It depends how close to the blackhole the Pegasus gate has drifted by now.
    The Odyssey could only just take the gravity pull in Pegasus Project so its probably too close for the Daedalus to get close enough to send anything through.

A puddle jumper might be close enough to use it but I think until that happens we can safely say that that particular gate is unusable.

Comment

The only problem i see with them using it is how long it would take them to reach the gate from Atlantis. The puddle jumpers dont have hyperdrive engines so it could take them years to get to the black hole gate if the daedalus wasnt there. That said, there could be another gate close to the black hole gate so it wouldnt take them as long.
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

They could possition the cheap and easy option of a goauld cargo ship or alkesh at either end of the wormhole just in case of these situations. the deadalus could tow one in to the PG..
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

They could just catch a ride to the gate via deddy and take a puddlejumper through the gate where they could be picked up by a ship waiting on the other end. Easy trip back to the MW. But then it would take quite a while to get back, depending on where the deddy was.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I'm not sure thats even possible. Keep in mind that a normal sized Stargate is connected to a "Supergate". So what happens if you go through? Size and all that? Is it safe to do something like that?

Anyway, the Ori are probably keeping an eye on that area after PP, so we probably don't wanna screw around down there anymore.
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
              I'm not sure thats even possible. Keep in mind that a normal sized Stargate is connected to a "Supergate". So what happens if you go through? Size and all that? Is it safe to do something like that?

Anyway, the Ori are probably keeping an eye on that area after PP, so we probably don't wanna screw around down there anymore.
              I doubt the size difference would really do anything. A wormhole is alike a conduit, just because it increases in size, doesn't mean much. The whole thing about dematerializing and rematerializing on the both sides is true, but that's just due to the physics of the womrhole, not the gate itself, so size shouldn't matter. Besides, matter has to come from somewhere, X amount of matter goes in, X amount of matter comes out.

The Ori only have 3 ships now, so they can't keep that close of an eye on the supergate. I think it's a viable emergency plan. The key word there is emergency. I think its more likely that they'll get the gatebridge functioning. I think McKay mentioned that it was almost complete sometime in the last few episodes.

Comment

Working...
              X