This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Sg1 season 11

I hope that season 11 gets a go, at Comin con video they sayed if we get more people to join WorldGate the show will go on to season 11. Their is 22,000 we need to get to more than 25,000 members, ask all your friends family to join

Originally posted by Mattkokes2006
    I hope that season 11 gets a go, at Comin con video they sayed if we get more people to join WorldGate the show will go on to season 11. Their is 22,000 we need to get to more than 25,000 members, ask all your friends family to join
    What's "Comin Con"? Do you mean "Comic Con," or is it something different?

Comment

I seriously doubt that a season eleven depends on how many members Gateworld has. That sounds pretty stupid, now doesn't it?
      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

If GW gets 3000 more members, then Stargate will get an 11th season. Sorry but that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

'WorldGate' Doesn't have anything officially to do with MGM, Bridge Studios or Sci-Fi. This is a forum, nothing else. There is no way to know how many members here watch all the shows in the US being that a lot are from different countries & so won't register for the actual ratings etc on the Friday night when it's first aired on Sci-Fi.

Next is the member shop GW has, I don't know the exact number because I've never ever bothered to check. However let's say it's 22,000 (Barring a great deal of those are also foreign visitors but we'll pretend to ignore this for a sec). If they all tuned in to watch it, that would only add 20,000+ viewers to the actual figures. Being that they are a 100,000's of viewers down on last season, then what possible difference would that actually make to Sci-Fi's decision to go back on their initial assessment & decide to renew it after all.

It has no bearing whatsoever, Sci-Fi own rights to US airings for new seasons. Therefore MGM would have to buy out their share to allow another network to view it. That'd cost millions, which another network might only show it 1 season before they decided to cancel it as well. That's too big a risk for MGM to take in case it lost them millions.

So the only alkternative is for MGM to stump up a large chunk of cash themselves, this would make it far more appealing to Sci-Fi because it's less for them to spend producing the show. Which ultimately means more profit for them.

That's the only way Sci-Fi will take on S11. This is why MGM will settle ultimately for a Sci-Fi 4 part mini-series to end it. Then Dean Devlin will gets a warchest to produce the 2 sequesl to the original Stargate movie.

It doesn't matter if GW has 10 million members, it only matters what the official ratings say the next week when released. Nothing else!

Comment

Actually, to get a Season 11, we really just need Sci-Fi to take their heads out of their a****!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Actually, to get a Season 11, we really just need Sci-Fi to take their heads out of their a****!
            yeah, if it wasn't for SG-1, they'd not only have their heads up their a****, they'd have Goa'ulds in their heads up their a****!

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
              yeah, if it wasn't for SG-1, they'd not only have their heads up their a****, they'd have Goa'ulds in their heads up their a****!
              LOL great one !
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Please I so hope that season 11 happens, wether it be another network buys it or whatever just let it happen!!
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                X