PDA

View Full Version : The Asgard this season SPOILERS

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 04:57 PM
there has been talk about the asgard having to deal with the newly escaped replicators and they have some new plan to deal with them that is going to fail of course until SG-1 steps in. Does anyone have any speculations, thoughts, ideas as to what the plan is and if we are going to see the final defeat of the asgard this season?

Freelancer
May 1st, 2004, 05:01 PM
I was reading on another website and it said "The rise and fall of the Asgard will occur this season". That was from chat transcript from one of the writters and he mentioned.

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM
interesting. i think it would be good to see the asgard seriously defeated because maybe it will knock their ego's down a little but i really hope we dont see them wiped out completely. they are arogant sometimes but they are genuinely good guys and care about helping less advanced races survice against the goa'uld. i hope the "fall of the asgard" is just them being made aware that they are not as supreme and infalible as they seem to think they are

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 05:22 PM
Yes, it would be a shame if the Asgard were compeletly wiped out :(

I hope it just means that they won't be quite the same "superpower" they made them out to be when the show started.

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Yes, it would be a shame if the Asgard were compeletly wiped out :(

I hope it just means that they won't be quite the same "superpower" they made them out to be when the show started.
yeah have them brought down to a more reasonable level. when they were first introduced, because of their whole "using the persona of gods" thing i thought that they were just like the goa'uld just good guys. i think the PTB have done a good job of getting away from the omniscient asgard and started making them seem more real. i think that if they were brought down to a level more of that of the goa'uld (as far as area controlled, not necassarily technilogically) also i think it might be cool if they were driven out of their galaxy completely and had to relocate to ours. they already evacuated their whole galaxy once so why not come to ours

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 05:33 PM
I was reading on another website and it said "The rise and fall of the Asgard will occur this season". That was from chat transcript from one of the writters and he mentioned.
That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...

Ace
May 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM
That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...

Maybe the writer said it months ago? It doesn't have to be a lie!

Ace

Hatusu
May 2nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
I love the Asgard. Of course, that's because they like us. It's also because of their almost fan like adoration of O'Neill.

It would be a shame if the show didn't visit them in its "final season". I want to know what's happening with their fight with the Replicators. I personally think that their old friends and allies, the Nox will be helping them out.

Hatusu
May 2nd, 2004, 09:42 AM
Oh, once again...Teal'c, How do you know this stuff?!

"That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...Teal'c"

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
It would be a shame if the show didn't visit them in its "final season". I want to know what's happening with their fight with the Replicators. I personally think that their old friends and allies, the Nox will be helping them out.
well im hoping its not the shows final season but you are right, they really need to revist the nox. they made the big deal about the ancient alliance of the four great races and how the asgard were allied with the ancients but what about the Nox? they were really cool and nice. we've only seen them twice and one time it was only one Nox. i really wish the writers would go more into the ancient alliance, what happened? are the asgard and Nox still technically allied? were the Nox always pacifists or did something happen to make them change? i like the idea that the Nox were once a great race like the asgard and were great warriors but something catostrophic happened that made them all change their philosophy. TPTB really need to revist them this season

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yes, I'd really like to know why the allience seems to have fallen apart. That's always been a burning question in my mind.

Are the Asgard the only race left that is actually willing to fight?

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
Yes, I'd really like to know why the allience seems to have fallen apart. That's always been a burning question in my mind.

Are the Asgard the only race left that is actually willing to fight?
well the ancients have ascended and wont interfere with our afairs(supposedly)

the Nox are pacifists, which isnt neccasarily a bad thing, and they are willing to help in the fight (i.e. hiding the tollan ion cannon) they just wont pull the trigger so id like to see them maybe get more involved

the furlings.... well who knows

and the asgard have their whole gaurdian of lesser races thing going on

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Yes, but those aren't reasons for the allience to fall apart. Those are like "job descriptions" IMO. They just tell us about the people not why they left.

Lord Loz
May 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
Maybe the Nox should just 'hide' the Universe from the replicators ;)

To be honest I cant see the Asgard attempting any method not related to time travel/affecting in some way. They dont think along the destroy lines that we do...

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
To be honest I cant see the Asgard attempting any method not related to time travel/affecting in some way. They dont think along the destroy lines that we do...

well systematic destruction of the replicators doesnt work, they arnt affected by energy weapons and thats all the asgard have. and there are just too many of them and the replicate to fast to engage in regular fights even with projectile weapons. the only way to really defeat them is to do something that simultaniously affects all the replicators at the same time.

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Oh, once again...Teal'c, How do you know this stuff?!

"That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...Teal'c"
Well, I'm pretty sure the last chat (There have been interviews and Q&As since) with a writer was nearly a year ago with Joe Mallozzi on GateWorld. I make sure to attend all chats with TPTB ;) I think he did another chat though with the Japanese fans, but that was like 7 months ago, before they had anything about Season 8.

Hatusu
May 2nd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure the last chat (There have been interviews and Q&As since) with a writer was nearly a year ago with Joe Mallozzi on GateWorld. I make sure to attend all chats with TPTB ;) I think he did another chat though with the Japanese fans, but that was like 7 months ago, before they had anything about Season 8.

Well, put me on your mailing list! I'm kidding, but if anyone finds out about these interviews, I'm sure many of us would like a heads up. :o

David85
May 2nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
I'm thinknig that the Asgard will find a way to stop the reps but loose the cloning battle or find the cure for the cloning but then they are heavily wiped out the reps.

Bacardi
May 3rd, 2004, 08:53 AM
the asgard should ascend and leave all their tech to us...

spg_1983
May 3rd, 2004, 09:18 AM
the asgard should ascend and leave all their tech to us...
NO!!!! No more ascension as a cop out!!!!!

Bacardi
May 3rd, 2004, 09:32 AM
NO!!!! No more ascension as a cop out!!!!!
hehe ok well then...umm their photocopier breaks so they give up and just start to disappear, im bored of them now. as hammond said, they havent been exactly reliable of late. unless we find out theyve been doing a whole lot of good for the galaxy behind the scenes (they mess up again with replicators so thats doubtful)...i dont see much point in having them around anymore.

aAnubiSs
May 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
I dont think the Asgard want to Ascend.

Bacardi
May 3rd, 2004, 10:24 AM
I dont think the Asgard want to Ascend.

who would? :P once upon a time it was an acheivement.. nowadays its as if anyone can do it. anyway theres already a thread on the effect ascension has had on the show...

angsty_otaku
May 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
it would be kind of nice to see the asgard struggling this season, like the tok'ra in previous season. plus it would be a nice excuse to touch on other races like the furling (weren't we supposed to see them...awhile ago?) and the nox (gotta love those guys).

Norlioness
May 3rd, 2004, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure the last chat (There have been interviews and Q&As since) with a writer was nearly a year ago with Joe Mallozzi on GateWorld.

Speaking of Joe Mallozzi, Darren, will you be setting up a Questions for Joe Mallozzi thread like in the old forum?

AlphaBlu
May 4th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I think it'd be nice if the Asgard could actually show up and help us for once. The Legobug thing has gotten old, and it'd be nice to see the Asgard doing what they said they'd do.

BYE

Atum
May 4th, 2004, 09:13 AM
I agree! Personally, I'm done with the Replicators too...boring. I want more storylines about how the big 4 interacted with Earth long ago.

Anubis
May 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
The Asgard are great allies to Earth. It would be a shame for them to be wiped out but the storyline is certainly bound to be good. Those replicators are a real pain. Perhaps the Asgard admit their defeat and retreat to another part of the galaxy. Perhaps where the Furlings are!?

If Earth has replicators storm the place wouldn't they want to aim for The Lost City and the Ancient technology? Perhaps a storyline there?

Taonas
May 4th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Well, I think that TPTB should explore the ancient alliance... I mean ever since I watched "Torment of Tantalus", I've been craving for 2 questions answered:
1. Who the heck are the Furlings?
2. What did each race contribute to the Alliance, why was it formed?

We know that the Ancients built the stargates and the rings... But, what did the other three build?

anubis3355
May 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Somebody please tell me why the Asgard didnt destroy the planet right after they trapped all the replicators on it................why god why..?? :D

spg_1983
May 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Somebody please tell me why the Asgard didnt destroy the planet right after they trapped all the replicators on it................why god why..?? :D
well assuming they have an energy weapon capable of destroying a planet and the replicators didnt absorb said energy there is still the fact that it would take a very very very long time to reach the planet. the time bubble expands something like 1.5 light years

Teal'c
May 5th, 2004, 03:58 PM
well assuming they have an energy weapon capable of destroying a planet and the replicators didnt absorb said energy there is still the fact that it would take a very very very long time to reach the planet. the time bubble expands something like 1.5 light years
.16 actually :P But Sam must have contracted it to allow the Prometheus to escape.

spg_1983
May 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
.16 actually :P But Sam must have contracted it to allow the Prometheus to escape.
details details..... :p

the dancer of spaz
May 5th, 2004, 04:46 PM
i like the idea that the Nox were once a great race like the asgard and were great warriors but something catostrophic happened that made them all change their philosophy. TPTB really need to revist them this season

I'd like them to find closure with all of it: the Nox, the Tok'ra, the rebel Jaffa (both male and female), the Asguard, the Replicators, and the Alternate Universes - even the Unas (and I hate the Unas!). However, if they haven't already gotten the storylines in order by now, doesn't that mean that it won't be addressed in the proper manner?

ecm101
May 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I Would like to see the asgard and the replicators be combined. The asgard can 'download' thier 'soul' into new bodies so why not use the replicators 'bodies' as thier new ones instead of clones? I know this would require them to beat the replicators, or at least copy them.
:) :p :o :rolleyes: :cool: :S :eek: ;) :)

Lord Loz
May 6th, 2004, 05:39 AM

Or the combined time gain whilst in the 'faster moving time stream' planet was greater than the time lost when escaping from the 'slower moving time stream', therefore they didn't avoid getting caught in the bubble but they also didn't lose too much time within it ;)

Or, 5th totally altered the device, or made it wrong. Gawd knows :D

The Asgard seem to know theyre defeated. The rise of Anubis could not have come at a worse time, I feel at his full strength he could have beaten them, or at least significantly damaged them. Bye bye lil grey men :(

KorbenDirewolf
May 7th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Still wondering about good ol' Fifth and First. ;) Pretty sure one of them will break the bubble eventually.

Mio
May 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM
So long as I see more asgard this season I'll be happy =)

Matt G
May 7th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Those guys are going to be back in New Order.

Which means S8's gonna hit the ground running.

Taonas
May 7th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Those guys are going to be back in New Order.

Which means S8's gonna hit the ground running.
Hit the ground running? You kidding?!

****** Possible spoilers for those who read ahead******

They have the replicators, the Goa'Ould getting butt kicked, Jack + rest of team, the new Dr.Wier (which can or cannot be a good thing, I hope it's a good thing cuz we're stuck with her for all of Atlantis), the super-soldiers *I think* and hopefully Thor.

So yup... They are sure as hell hitting the ground running Xd

DownFallAngel
May 7th, 2004, 03:54 PM
What is TPTB or w\e?!

SPOILER?!?!
-Highlight to view.

Also, I thought the replicators somehow escaped the time dilation device?! Or is that just a rumor!?

spg_1983
May 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM
TPTB means The Powers That Be, meaning the writers, producers, etc.
Spoilers for Season 8
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
yes the replicators escape the time dillation device

Reaper
May 8th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Id like to see the Asgard getting whooped up on, and the the Furlings and Nox come in and save their little grey buts. And then invite Earth into a new alliancecuz we have 'great potential'.

Jag
May 13th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Well, I think that TPTB should explore the ancient alliance... I mean ever since I watched "Torment of Tantalus", I've been craving for 2 questions answered:
1. Who the heck are the Furlings?
2. What did each race contribute to the Alliance, why was it formed?

We know that the Ancients built the stargates and the rings... But, what did the other three build?
I couldnt have said it better myself. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever shine light on the Furlings. They have only been mentioned in 2 episodes. I think I speak for everyone when I say:

1. I want to see what happened to the alliance.
2. I want to see Who the heck the Furlings are and what roll they play in the alliance.
3. When are the Nox going to come down from their high cloud and help there lil grey buddies before they are wiped out.

Then again the nox did just stand by while the Tollan were wiped out. Which brings to mind another question.. Are the Tollan completely wiped out? Or will they come to us for aid in season 8?

I was thinking that perhaps the giant race Nicholas Ballard stayed with on the ancient planet with the huge pyrimid might possibly be the Furlings??? Not likely. Then again, these are ALL QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED.

Perhaps season 8 will not be the last season, they certainly have enough unfinished storylines to write another 3 seasons or so :D

hooliocah
May 13th, 2004, 11:12 AM
OK I'll be honest i was too lazy to read the rest of the thread but I have to ask a stupid question.

Why don't they just blow up the sun in the solar system that the replicators are stuck in? Worked to get rid of Aphophis' fleet when he came after the Tok'ra, i'm sure it could take out a couple billion replicators too or at least melt them down quite nicely.

It would be a hell of a short episode tho.

spg_1983
May 13th, 2004, 11:27 AM
OK I'll be honest i was too lazy to read the rest of the thread but I have to ask a stupid question.

Why don't they just blow up the sun in the solar system that the replicators are stuck in? Worked to get rid of Aphophis' fleet when he came after the Tok'ra, i'm sure it could take out a couple billion replicators too or at least melt them down quite nicely.

It would be a hell of a short episode tho.
well assuming that the whole planet of replicators werent able to absorb the energy, the sun for that system would have been within the time bubble so anything to try to collapse a sun would take for ever to get there.

if they go the black hole through the stargate way, i dont know if i would want to be around when they open the gate and time distortians start translating through into the time bubble. that would be a lot of strain on the fabric of the universe so i would be very afraid of what could happen

Mio
May 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM
that would be a lot of strain on the fabric of the universe so i would be very afraid of what could happen

A large hole opens up, and we watch in horror as tribbles pour into the stargate universe....