This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard this season SPOILERS

there has been talk about the asgard having to deal with the newly escaped replicators and they have some new plan to deal with them that is going to fail of course until SG-1 steps in. Does anyone have any speculations, thoughts, ideas as to what the plan is and if we are going to see the final defeat of the asgard this season?

I was reading on another website and it said "The rise and fall of the Asgard will occur this season". That was from chat transcript from one of the writters and he mentioned.

Comment

interesting. i think it would be good to see the asgard seriously defeated because maybe it will knock their ego's down a little but i really hope we dont see them wiped out completely. they are arogant sometimes but they are genuinely good guys and care about helping less advanced races survice against the goa'uld. i hope the "fall of the asgard" is just them being made aware that they are not as supreme and infalible as they seem to think they are

Comment

Yes, it would be a shame if the Asgard were compeletly wiped out

I hope it just means that they won't be quite the same "superpower" they made them out to be when the show started.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          Yes, it would be a shame if the Asgard were compeletly wiped out

I hope it just means that they won't be quite the same "superpower" they made them out to be when the show started.
          yeah have them brought down to a more reasonable level. when they were first introduced, because of their whole "using the persona of gods" thing i thought that they were just like the goa'uld just good guys. i think the PTB have done a good job of getting away from the omniscient asgard and started making them seem more real. i think that if they were brought down to a level more of that of the goa'uld (as far as area controlled, not necassarily technilogically) also i think it might be cool if they were driven out of their galaxy completely and had to relocate to ours. they already evacuated their whole galaxy once so why not come to ours

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer
            I was reading on another website and it said "The rise and fall of the Asgard will occur this season". That was from chat transcript from one of the writters and he mentioned.
            That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...
              Maybe the writer said it months ago? It doesn't have to be a lie!

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I love the Asgard. Of course, that's because they like us. It's also because of their almost fan like adoration of O'Neill.

It would be a shame if the show didn't visit them in its "final season". I want to know what's happening with their fight with the Replicators. I personally think that their old friends and allies, the Nox will be helping them out.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Oh, once again...Teal'c, How do you know this stuff?!

"That's just lies, no writer has done any chat for months...Teal'c"
                  Last edited by Hatusu; 02 May 2004, 09:45 AM. Reason: to add quote
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                    It would be a shame if the show didn't visit them in its "final season". I want to know what's happening with their fight with the Replicators. I personally think that their old friends and allies, the Nox will be helping them out.
                    well im hoping its not the shows final season but you are right, they really need to revist the nox. they made the big deal about the ancient alliance of the four great races and how the asgard were allied with the ancients but what about the Nox? they were really cool and nice. we've only seen them twice and one time it was only one Nox. i really wish the writers would go more into the ancient alliance, what happened? are the asgard and Nox still technically allied? were the Nox always pacifists or did something happen to make them change? i like the idea that the Nox were once a great race like the asgard and were great warriors but something catostrophic happened that made them all change their philosophy. TPTB really need to revist them this season

Comment

Yes, I'd really like to know why the allience seems to have fallen apart. That's always been a burning question in my mind.

Are the Asgard the only race left that is actually willing to fight?
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        Yes, I'd really like to know why the allience seems to have fallen apart. That's always been a burning question in my mind.

Are the Asgard the only race left that is actually willing to fight?
                        well the ancients have ascended and wont interfere with our afairs(supposedly)

the Nox are pacifists, which isnt neccasarily a bad thing, and they are willing to help in the fight (i.e. hiding the tollan ion cannon) they just wont pull the trigger so id like to see them maybe get more involved

the furlings.... well who knows

and the asgard have their whole gaurdian of lesser races thing going on

Comment

Yes, but those aren't reasons for the allience to fall apart. Those are like "job descriptions" IMO. They just tell us about the people not why they left.
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

Maybe the Nox should just 'hide' the Universe from the replicators

To be honest I cant see the Asgard attempting any method not related to time travel/affecting in some way. They dont think along the destroy lines that we do...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                              To be honest I cant see the Asgard attempting any method not related to time travel/affecting in some way. They dont think along the destroy lines that we do...
                              well systematic destruction of the replicators doesnt work, they arnt affected by energy weapons and thats all the asgard have. and there are just too many of them and the replicate to fast to engage in regular fights even with projectile weapons. the only way to really defeat them is to do something that simultaniously affects all the replicators at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X