This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Gate usage

Do the natives not use the stargates very much, perhaps seeing them as sources of Wraiths, like the planet of kids.
    Teyla said she'd been to different planets via the stargate.
    'Poisoning The Well' never touched on if the people had thought of destroying the gate to hinder the Wraith, and there was no into of the Atlantis team coming through and freaking them out as precursor to another culling.
    Is it lost tech like most of the planets back here in the Milky Way, and bad people association?

[QUOTE=HIj'Qa]
    'Poisoning The Well' never touched on if the people had thought of destroying the gate to hinder the Wraith QUOTE]

It didn't need to. The Wraith showed up every two hundred years or so, in hive ships...
    We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by HIj'Qa
      Do the natives not use the stargates very much, perhaps seeing them as sources of Wraiths, like the planet of kids.
      Teyla said she'd been to different planets via the stargate.
      'Poisoning The Well' never touched on if the people had thought of destroying the gate to hinder the Wraith, and there was no into of the Atlantis team coming through and freaking them out as precursor to another culling.
      Is it lost tech like most of the planets back here in the Milky Way, and bad people association?
      Major cullings do not use the gate.
      sigpic

Comment

Dude, fitting a Hive Ship through a gate is like sticking a square peg in a round hole. Ain't bloody likely.

I figure the darts make a weird sort of snack run every so often through the gates during the Great Sleeps, but it takes a Hive Ship to get the banquet.
        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
          Dude, fitting a Hive Ship through a gate is like sticking a square peg in a round hole. Ain't bloody likely.
          A very big square peg too. I think darts are kind of like scout ships or supply ships while Hives are the motherships. Hives probably don't do much until it's time to feed the whole population of that ship. From what we've seen, darts fit into the gate, beam people up to be brought back to the Hive ship, and have bombing run capabilities. Can't wait for a space battle with a HIve ship though.

Comment

I don't think that the hive ships are very well armed, maybe just loads of darts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
              I don't think that the hive ships are very well armed, maybe just loads of darts.
              We've never seen a hive ship in action.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Major cullings do not use the gate.
                The stargates, to the Wraith, are literally "Drive-Thru Windows!"
                Last edited by Ancient 1; 22 August 2004, 10:32 PM. Reason: size matters!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                  Rofl.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Rofl.
                    Aww...another anagram response. I should have gotten a computer before deciding to go to school last year. Then I could speak geek....er, um, decipher these with ease.

No offense is intended. Sometimes my sarcasm doesn't know when to take a break; especially when my ignorance is showing.

so it means: right on something, something....

Comment

Pure genius.
                      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
                        Pure genius.
                        *bows*

Comment

Aww...another anagram response. I should have gotten a computer before deciding to go to school last year. Then I could speak geek....er, um, decipher these with ease.

No offense is intended. Sometimes my sarcasm doesn't know when to take a break; especially when my ignorance is showing.

so it means: right on something, something....
                          rofl = roll on floor laughing

Comment

rolling...

Comment

*bows*
                              * bows again*

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week.

(and less ignorant for it)

Comment

Working...
                              X