PDA

View Full Version : Memento Mori (1008)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Lieutenant Sparrow
May 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Still a pretty meh ep. Vala is becoming more of a likeable character though.

T's interrogation's are always funny haha :tealc: I so want to know what he whispered.

jelgate
May 12th, 2012, 03:14 PM
This is a good episode mostly for the Vala emphasis. She really hasn't had a episode devoted to her for character development yet this season so I think it was time for a Vala centered episode. I like how it mixes action and insight into how Vala has changed. I am specfically talking about the Daniell dinner scene and the climax of the episode. The Trust angle seems like nothing more a plot device to get an amnesic Vala running around. I have to say the zat traveling across a metal beam was the coolest thing ever. It seemed a little out of place to give Vala SG1 badges at the end. I agree its about time for that to happen but at the same time it seemed tacked on.

Seaboe Muffinchucker
May 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
This is my favorite season 10 episode--but then, I hate the Ori arc.

Seaboe

Matt G
May 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Tuesday night another ep of SG1...

1. OK SG15 seemed like morons. The woman you're looking for has just jumped out of a window beside you.

2. Still can't lipread Teal'c.

3. Zat blast travelling along beam, missed that first time round.

4. Charlotte/Athena's meant to be Goa'uld...yet wasn't she the same woman that succsessfully posed as a human in Ex Dues Machina, specifically as Ba'al's PR woman or something? HOw?

Still a bit meh.

Brother Freyr
May 24th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Charlotte/Athena's meant to be Goa'uld...yet wasn't she the same woman that succsessfully posed as a human in Ex Dues Machina, specifically as Ba'al's PR woman or something? HOw?You're right, same character. I have a theory.

In season seven's "Fallout," Kianna was one of Ba'als underlings and successfully passed as human. Carter didn't sense the presence of a goa'uld because Kianna masked the naquadah in her blood with an injection of something.

Athena/Charlotte was working with Ba'al in season nine, so perhaps she too used the injections to pass as human.

mrscopterdoc
June 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Still a pretty meh ep. Vala is becoming more of a likeable character though.

T's interrogation's are always funny haha :tealc: I so want to know what he whispered.I still can't stand her...

I know! me too!

Cluas
February 18th, 2013, 12:18 AM
"Another Vala episode. Time to fast forward", was my first thought.
It seemed Vala was much better as a waitress, that as a member of SG1.
But I watched it and must admit, it was a good exciting episode.
I like the story line with the Trust, they are damn evil and continue to screw everything up ...

:valaanime04:

myowndrownedworld
October 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Another good episode

It was nice seeing Vala be centre stage. She has been such a breath of fresh air to the show.

suse
October 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I had the giggles during the fight scene at the diner...Soooo badly choreographed and filmed.

Morgania
June 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
At the end of the episode, she couldn't call Sol and say "Hi, I'm fine, my memories came back. I work with the Air Force. Thanks for helping me out so much. I sent you the money for my lunch bill". (And did the guy whose car got stolen by Vala get it back?)

enibas5
July 29th, 2015, 10:00 PM
yeah, right.
Let us spend at least 10 minutes of each 42 minutes episode on issues, that do nothing for the plot and the show, but satisfy some viewers high moral standards that, lack every bit of imagination to fill those gaps on their own.
Surely those characters also never use the bathroom or call their mother on the phone - for it is never shown on screen. :rolleyes:

Seaboe Muffinchucker
July 30th, 2015, 08:58 AM
yeah, right.
We definitely part ways here. This is my favorite episode of the final two seasons. I hated the Ori story line, so it was nice to get an intriguing more-or-less stand alone episode.

Seaboe

Anja
October 23rd, 2015, 07:28 AM
Different ep but nice in one way or other.
No Oris - that was good.
Vala was brilliant, the plot a bit difficult because I cleaned up my flat while watching it for the first time - no good, I lost track.
My fault, rewatching made it all clear.

Bhousden
February 9th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I wish I knew what Teal'c said to the trust guy to make him sing so quickly.

Anja
February 11th, 2017, 04:49 AM
I think his looks was enough!

Platschu
March 26th, 2018, 04:09 AM
When has Charlotte Mayfield become the host of Athena? Carter has talked to her in 9x07 Ex Deus Machine, so she should have felt if she was a Goa'uld at that time. Or is it a continuity error?

hedwig
January 2nd, 2019, 08:24 PM
This episode is on Comet TV this evening, and I noticed something. After Vala was kidnapped by the bad buys and then escape by jumping through the windows, a huge explosion blew out the front doors enveloping two airmen who were right in front of the doors. When the flames diminished, no bodies were shown on the ground. I find it hard to believe there was literally nothing left of them from the explosion.

Seaboe Muffinchucker
January 3rd, 2019, 01:45 PM
Continuity error!

Seaboe