This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford and the ancient gene

There is something that bugs me everytime I see the episode Seige Pt.3.
    How was Ford able to fly the jumper? I did not think that he had the ancient gene. He didn't have it in Hot Zone and they never mentioned him getting the therapy.

Once the ships is initialised you don't need the gene to dial the gate and send it though, but you do to keep flying it. Ford ditched it then dialed another address.

Comment

Then how did he get it initailised?(unless zalenka did it?)and how do u kno u dont need the gene to dial the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
        Then how did he get it initailised?(unless zalenka did it?)and how do u kno u dont need the gene to dial the gate.
        I think it was already initialized, and the writers said you don't need the gene to dial the gate. I think really it was a screw up and they used that explanation to get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
          Zalenka said that the gene therapy did not work for him in the episode Hot Zone.
          Even if anyone could dial the gate, he would still have to fly it on the planet that he dialed so he could land unless it's auto pilot.
          Last edited by TamMc72; 06 September 2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

he got the therapy in hot zone cause he was wondering how long it was gonna take he probebly got it and it just didnt say.
            sigpic

Comment

He didn't get the therapy because it was going to take too long to take affect.
              I just listened to the commentary for this episode. They explained that he was in the co-pilot seat and just dialed the DHD, which is what jenks said.
              It must land via auto pilot. I guess the mystery is solved.
              Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by TamMc72
                Zalenka said that the gene therapy did not work for him in the episode Hot Zone.
                Even if anyone could dial the gate, he would still have to fly it on the planet that he dialed so he could land unless it's auto pilot.
                Jumpers are always on auto pilot when leaving or arriving in Atlantis. That's why he could fly it out.
                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Maybe they should give him one!!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                    Jumpers are always on auto pilot when leaving or arriving in Atlantis. That's why he could fly it out.
                    yeah that would explain why the jumper flew so professionally with all the turning and going threw the gate i bet as soon as Ford got to ever he was going the puddlejumper just dropped like a rock SWOOSH

Comment

I think him ditching the jumper was a sign that he did not have the ancient gene. It would have been better for him to have kept the jumper, as then he would have a strategic advantage when it came to his survival.

It made things harder for him by not having it, as with it he could have went anywhere and stayed undetected for as long as he wanted. Plus it would have made getting the enzyme easier. The only reason he would have ditched it would be if he had no use for it.
                      --

It's also more likely that the puddle jumper arrived on the other side and did a belly flop, and just slide across the ground until it stopped as I believe it's Atantis which controls the ships arrival and departure.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone can dial the Stargate DHD, thus you don't need the Ancient Gene to use the Puddle Jumper's DHD. The Puddle Jumper was probably on standby, so all Ford had to do was enter, close the hatch, dial the DHD, then enjoy the auto-pilot ride through the Stargate. Once through the Stargate, the Puddle Jumper was useless to Ford since he doesn't have the Ancient gene, thus he'd have to leave it behind.

Somewhere, there's a perfectly good Puddle Jumper sitting next to the Stargate.

Comment

I believe the recovered it. The gate address he went to was logged so all they needed to do was visit the planet and collect it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                            Anyone can dial the Stargate DHD, thus you don't need the Ancient Gene to use the Puddle Jumper's DHD. The Puddle Jumper was probably on standby, so all Ford had to do was enter, close the hatch, dial the DHD, then enjoy the auto-pilot ride through the Stargate. Once through the Stargate, the Puddle Jumper was useless to Ford since he doesn't have the Ancient gene, thus he'd have to leave it behind.

Somewhere, there's a perfectly good Puddle Jumper sitting next to the Stargate.
                            You better hope it's away from the gate first. Cause when the unstable energy vortex happens when gate opens again, it'll tear a hole through the Jumper.

As for Ford and the Ancient gene. He's most likely had the gene therapy, but it didn't work.
                            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                              You better hope it's away from the gate first. Cause when the unstable energy vortex happens when gate opens again, it'll tear a hole through the Jumper.
                              very lucky he didnt dail a stargate that orbits a planet cause he would be floating in space for ages ...
                              ...and ages

could he use manual control does that work ? i think the wraith in season 1 "defiant one" got some things up and running but not flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X