New Claudia Black interview at SciFi World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Claudia Black interview at SciFi World

The Scifi World has an exclusive interview with CLAUDIA BLACK, and it's one of the first of several interviews made on the sets in Vancouver.

Visit

http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...a_black_01.htm

You can download the audio file (zip file) at the site. Please right click and download as otherwise it will eat up bandwidth. Thanks.

thanks for posting this! Much appreciated

Comment

I wonder if Ms. Black reads the Did Vala/Cam kill stargate thread?

Comment

Originally posted by principia
        Well, it's 50/50 favorable/unfavorable, it seems. And she sounds like a bit of a pragmatist as in "hey, not everyone's gonna like me or what I do so..."

I remember a couple of years ago at the Saturn awards, she referenced some nasty, personal comments that were made about her. She definitely laughed them off but, still...

She's my favorite so she really can do no wrong.

BTW---Towards the end of the interview, she mentions the "if you think Vala's ruined the show, post here" thread. LOL!

Comment

i hope she doesn't, but if she does, i'd also hope she'd know it wasn't 'her' that was being discussed, but her character. and that the *writing* of the new characters is what's being highlighted.

claudia seems like a very nice person.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i hope she doesn't, but if she does, i'd also hope she'd know it wasn't 'her' that was being discussed, but her character. and that the *writing* of the new characters is what's being highlighted.

sally

majorsal, Claudia ROCKS! LOL. I was a fan of the Farscape character and, then of hers. She just seems witty and intelligent and pragmatic. We had the opportunity to see her at a FS con. It was 2003 and she serenaded the audience, but it was more than that. At any rate, you could have heard a pin drop in that room.

Anyway, I'll quit the fan-girling I'm sure most actors know that unless it's their NAME in there, it's usually the character people are discussing. And I'm sure there were fans of Farscape who didn't like Aeryn --although I sure can't think of any

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
              She definitely does! I always likes these kinds of Q&A interviews, because it gives you some great insight into the ENTIRE answer an actor gives, rather than the (necessary) cutting that goes on in an article.

I really admire these moms who can get up at 4 every morning, after getting, like, .02 minutes of sleep, and give 110% percent to their role, even when their infant is on their mind 115% of the time. Very cool.

And I, too, hope she doesn't read into the discussions about Vala and think that the dissatisfaction has anything to do with her contribution.

It's a shame when fans can't distinguish between the character and the actor, and it's downright pathetic when fans deliberately allow their hatred for a character bleed over to the actor, but I'd like to think that fans who don't like Vala have made it clear where they stand.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                She definitely does!
                And you bet she is! I was lucky to meet Claudia at the small con in UK at the beginning of December 2002, a few months after Farscape's cancellation and she is really great and lovely person.

I always likes these kinds of Q&A interviews, because it gives you some great insight into the ENTIRE answer an actor gives, rather than the (necessary) cutting that goes on in an article.
                And listening to interviews is another great bonus, 'cause you can hear their reaction to some questions/statements. I love this.

And I, too, hope she doesn't read into the discussions about Vala and think that the dissatisfaction has anything to do with her contribution.
                Yeah...
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I'm not reading it so why does she? lol

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                    I'm not reading it so why does she? lol

Heh--the same reason I do. Curiosity...

One of the things I found disconcerting when I first joined the forum awhile back were some of the things that were being bandied around about Ms. Tapping, who also seems like a smart, funny and charming person. I am happy to say that I haven't seen that about either Claudia or Ben Browder, but still.

I agree, the DofS, that it's a shame when some fans can't draw the line between the person and the character. Fortunately most people are pretty careful about delineating between the two.

Still...I guess as an actor, you gotta take the bad with the good.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                      Heh--the same reason I do. Curiosity...

One of the things I found disconcerting when I first joined the forum awhile back were some of the things that were being bandied around about Ms. Tapping, who also seems like a smart, funny and charming person. I am happy to say that I haven't seen that about either Claudia or Ben Browder, but still.

I agree, the DofS, that it's a shame when some fans can't draw the line between the person and the character. Fortunately most people are pretty careful about delineating between the two.

Still...I guess as an actor, you gotta take the bad with the good.
                      I read it at the beginning but not anymore. the posts just repeat over and over like a loop. i prefer to hear a CD as a loop but not reading these posts

and yeah people can bash the actor and not the character. but if an actor/actress played the character BAD, i can understand the crossing line.
                      and i also think that Tapping is a sweet and charming persn. I have a feeling that Amanda and Claudia will be friends after Stargate will ended.

Comment

http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...a_black_02.htm

The interview took place at the beginning of September last year, during Dragon Con in Atlanta.

An excerpt:

Renee Burl: If MGM would greenlight more SG-1 movies in the future would we see Vala?
                        Claudia Black: Oh, Vala can never die! Vala's fantastic and she must be along for as many rides as people want her along. She's just so easy to play. She's, you know, it's... I think that acting when at its best is being in the sandbox so... she's the most playful character I've had the fortune to portray so... and just as I said yesterday on the panel, the Stargate panel, the buoyancy on set and the atmosphere that those actors create really helped in form my process and I really wouldn't want to attempt comedy in a vacuum where other people aren't as supportive or in as good a mood or taking it at the right level of seriousness, taking the people you're working with seriously enough to be there for them but not taking yourself seriously enough that it becomes a, you know, that you have an attitude that pervades on the set that affects other people's ability to enjoy themselves, so... yeah, I'd love, I don't know if I would ever be asked back, who knows, but I think Vala is definitely a character that's worth pursuing in the future.

Comment

I really hope they will bring Vala to the SG:Universe series. CB is a perfect actress and her character is lovely.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I really hope they will bring Vala to the SG:Universe series. CB is a perfect actress and her character is lovely.
                            I hope not. I'd love to see her doing SG-1 MOVIES once a year and something completely different on MAINSTREAM TV. Plus, I believe Rob Cooper said already that SG: Universe won't have SG-1 characters.

Comment

They casted David Hewlett surprisingly, because they wanted to create an other character in Atlantis. So if they want to create a bit annoying, but funny and also dramatic thief type character in Universe, I hope they will call CB. Vala has a good backstory and she is a very colorful character, which can be used in different situations.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X