Atlantis Cast Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Cast Support Thread

Okay, I know there's an anti cast transplant thread, but my concerns about the Atlantis cast have increased, after a report from a GW member in the Shep/Weir thread that Paul McGillion said that the fate of some of the actors of the Atlantis cast is up in the air.

This is most likely a case of them wanting to bring in SG1 people. Instead of just bringing them in, it sounds like they also want to cull some of the existing SGA cast, which, IMO is unjustifiable.

The aim of this thread isn't to whinge and moan and say "I hate this character", "I don't want him to behave like that", "I don't like her wearing a red shirt" or any of that rubbish. It's to support the cast as a whole.

We, as Atlantis fans, need to be seen to be throwing our support behind all the actors. The dynamic is good, the chemistry is good. Don't let them mess with that.

Maybe TPTB need to be bombarded with support letters for the Atlantis people, in a similar form to the Save SG1 campaign.... Even contemplating getting rid of any of the existing actors is a slap in the face to all of them. It's like saying "Thanks for your hard work, now rack off". We can't let them get away with that!

I just wrote a letter expressing my support for Atlantis. I hope it does some good. I guess we shall see...
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

I love each and every character on the Atlantis team. TPTB should leave Atlantis alone.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners
        I just wrote a letter expressing my support for Atlantis. I hope it does some good. I guess we shall see...

Good one. We can hope they see sense, but somehow I think they're probably too stubborn for that. It would be so unfair to the actors if they got rid of one or more of the people who made the show what it is.

I can honestly say that if Torri, Joe or David Hewlett are dumped, I won't be watching. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners
          Where'd you send it?
          thankee toasteronfire

Comment

That would be terrible. As much as I love SG-1 I think that taking characters who've been around for 10 seasons and dumping them into Atlantis isn't fair to either group. And getting rid of anyone on Atlantis now would be exactly like you said, a slap in the face.

One of the best things about the Stargate shows is the chemistry that the actors have. When I first heard about SG1 getting cancelled I was afraid for Atlantis, too. Now I'm even more worried.
            Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
              I love each and every character on the Atlantis team. TPTB should leave Atlantis alone.

To mess with them is an insult, not just to the actors, but to the fans who've supported them.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                To mess with them is an insult, not just to the actors, but to the fans who've supported them.
                ABSOLUTELY!

Comment

I agree whole-heartedly, I love almost everybody on the current cast of Atlantis. Replacing people is just completely uncalled for. It kinda reminds me of what SG-1 did to Jonas after season six was over. Not that I minded in the least that Shanks came back to the show, but it just didn't seem fair that they just dumped Jonas after that. It was like it was pointless for him to have even been on the show.

The cast of Atlantis is VERY important and integral as it is now, and if I see Shep, Wier, McKay, Beckett, or Telya get the boot, I'll probably stop watching too.

Comment

I don't want them to mess with something that works...and the SGA cast works..they have great chemistry as a whole cast...
                    Even if SGA came from SG1 since that is it's big sister show... but the cast of SGA is the ones that made it into what it is,,,, and kicking SGA actors just to bring in SG1 cast is like an insult and a slap in the face to a cast that is the very ones that is what made SGA what it is...
                    Don't mess with it,,,leave SGA alone... I feel we already have everyone on SGA that fills the very roles that the SG1 cast does.. there is a leader, there is an Lt.Colonel, there is a scientist, there are two aliens,,, we really don't need the SG1 cast to fill roles that are already in SGA and for a cast that does that job just as perfect...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Yes, SGA needs to remain with the actors it has already. I love all the characters on this show. I really want to see how Atlantis as its' own. It would not be the same show if they changed around the cast. I hope TPTB realise this and run the show as if everything is normal.
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
                        I agree whole-heartedly, I love almost everybody on the current cast of Atlantis. Replacing people is just completely uncalled for. It kinda reminds me of what SG-1 did to Jonas after season six was over. Not that I minded in the least that Shanks came back to the show, but it just didn't seem fair that they just dumped Jonas after that. It was like it was pointless for him to have even been on the show.

The cast of Atlantis is VERY important and integral as it is now, and if I see Shep, Wier, McKay, Beckett, or Telya get the boot, I'll probably stop watching too.
                        Oh, don't get me started on Jonas. I thought that was appalling. Also, the way everyone does a loud "NO!!" if they're asked if Jonas will ever come back. Nothing against Shanks, as you said, but really, it was not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                          Where'd you send it?
                          Check the Save SG1 site - they have all the names, addresses, fax numbers and phone numbers to voice your opinions on SG1, SGA, or both shows:

http://savestargatesg1.com/index.php

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I love SG-1, but just let it go. don't threaten Atlantis, please, even with Daniel or Carter. It's a seperate show. Leave it that way.
                            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                              I love SG-1, but just let it go. don't threaten Atlantis, please, even with Daniel or Carter. It's a seperate show. Leave it that way.
                              Exactly. If anything, Atlantis needs to cut the ties (so to speak) with SG-1. SG-1 will not be on Sci-Fi past season 10. It needs to stop being aired before/after SG-1. It needs to find another Sci-Fi show to be paired with.

Comment

Working...
                              X