S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Many thanks to Kate Ritter and ren-wah from rdandersonfans group for the heads up!

The October 2006 issue of Starlog Magazine, Issue 349, has a five page interview/article with Richard Dean Anderson. (Their website hasn't been updated yet to reflect this issue.)

http://www.starlog.com/

(Starlog is an American magazine, and is normally available at Barnes and Noble and Borders bookstores.)

Following is a brief excerpt:

STARLOG
    Issue #349 - October 2006 (page 33-37)

RETURN TO STARGATE
    Richard Dean Anderson comes home to SG-1 & Atlantis

By Ian Spelling

The story behind Richard Dean Anderson's five-episode return to the Stargate Universe - comprising two episodes of Stargate SG-1 and three of Stargate Atlantis - apparently went a little something like this: Executive producers Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper phoned Anderson (who had bid adieu to the Vancouver-based mothership show after Season Eight in order to spend more time at home in LA with his young daughter, Wylie) to gauge his interest in reprising his role as General Jack O'Neill for SG-1's 200th episode, "200," only to have Anderson reply, "Just one?"

**snippage**

In the two-parter (The Return), I'm on a mission. I stay behind in
    Atlantis after it has been evacuated. I don't know the logistics of it, but Woolsey [Robert Picardo] and I are left behind or stay behind and, of course, the replicators start showing up.

"So we're left out there, and the Atlantis team has to come and save us. And by the time they get to us, we're so many light years away that it takes them two episodes to get to us. Those are the shows in a nutshell. I've been working with Robert on the two-parter, and he's very funny. The director, Brad Turner, is phenomenal. He does 24 and a variety of other series. But Robert and I have been having a ball together. My last scene, which I shot last night, is in a water tank. I swam through a sunken set, since part of Atlantis is being submerged underwater."

**snippage**

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 04 September 2006, 10:59 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I picked it a little over a week ago at my local Borders. Here is a scan of one of the pictures from the article

Spoiler:
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Aw, how disappointing... I thought
      Spoiler:
      they would have been cut off from Atlantis a little longer then a couple of episodes. I was hoping for a whole SGA on Earth thing, guess it is an SGA at SGC for one episode thing instead.

Comment

Many thanks to Kate Ritter and ren-wah from rdandersonfans group for the heads up!

The October 2006 issue of Starlog Magazine, Issue 349, has a five page interview/article with Richard Dean Anderson. (Their website hasn't been updated yet to reflect this issue.)

http://www.starlog.com/

The magazine's been out on the stands for 3 weeks now (Barnes & Noble). I gave up checking their site a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          I picked it a little over a week ago at my local Borders. Here is a scan of one of the pictures from the article

Spoiler:
          Thank you tsaxlady!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I spotted it my local bookstore (it's called Book World) when I was looking for Star Trek Magazine #1, I wanted to buy it but I didn't have enough money to by the ST mag and the Starlog mag. But I did look through it, cool picture of RDA and his daughter.
            sigpic

Comment

And of course Starlog updated their web site today to reflect this new issue:

http://www.starlog.com/current_issue.php

(However, they still don't have cover photo available.)

STARLOG #349

STARGATE

Richard Dean Anderson Returns

Robert Conrad Interview

Always bringing you the best in

SCIENCE FICTION

FANTASY

ADVENTURE

FILMS -- TV

AND MORE!

Had a bit of trouble with #349's info -- details soming soon.
              AVAILABLE ON NEWSTANDS & BOOKSTORES, OR SUBSCRIBE HERE

http://www.starlog.com/store/landing.php?id=2

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X