X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letters from pegaus question

Spoiler:
    do they ever say what exactly that beam was in the city that shepperd went to go check out?

Teyla said she's seen it before, that it was a way of tagging the planet. I think it's so that they'll instantly know whenever someone enters the planet.

Comment

Are you sure about that FallenAngel? I thought tagging the planet was what the Wraith did in The Gift when Bates returned from the potential alpha site. He said they dropped some sort of device next to the Stargate, to which Sheppard answered that he had seen it before.

Personally, I think the beam was a way of fuelling the ships since we have learned that their ships or somewhat organic. And well, every ship needs fuel to fly.

But they've never revealed the through purpose of that beam as of yet. At least, I don't think they did.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is what someone told me once. I just assumed he wasn't talking out of his ass .

Comment

well thank you both for replying,i didnt think that they have yet gone into the reasoning behind the beam and i just wantd to make sure.

Comment

Hi guys,

I recently saw the episode.

it sounds like Teyla says she hasn't seen anything like the beam before. - To the best of my knowledge (and I haven't seen all the epsiodes so far,) it hasn't been explained.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Yeh I don't hink it has been explained, but TPTB do that a lot with their story lines!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I think it's a massive culling beam.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They referenced it in The Gift...It is a means of tagging the planet

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                    They referenced it in The Gift...It is a means of tagging the planet
                    What exactly is tagging?

Shooting a big giant beam at a planet is not exactly "tagging" a planet.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                    X