This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Androids - Spoiler Beware

I found this in http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/107.shtml describing parts of Poisoning the Well.

"And the way in which they deal with this continuous harvesting is fascinating. All the worlds are post-apocalyptic, and they all have different ways of dealing with it. Some of them go underground, some of them think that they have to commit ritual suicide to stay away from them, others try to use antiviral medication to try to put the Wraith off, some of them try to become androids. They're all very desperate because every hundred years, 95 percent of their population is completely wiped out. So they all deal with it in different ways. 'Poisoning the Well' is in fact what I just said, which is a culture that is trying to develop an antibody that will prevent the Wraith from feeding.
    Androids? Is this possibly a new story that we've not been told about yet? A race of humans trying to convert themselves into Terminators? LOL

Sounds a lot like 'Tin Man' to me.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds smart to me, the Asgard should try it to solve their cloning problem.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
        Only problem is that that is too obvious.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          Only problem is that that is too obvious.
          If Harlan's people could do it. It shouldn't be a problem for the asgard. But you're right. It's too obvious.
          sigpic

Comment

RoboThor! LOL

You are unarrest, come with me quietly or there will be TROUBLE!

RoboThor to the Goauld System Lords.

Comment

There is an episode called "Human Error", perhaps this will episode will show these robots

Comment

Thats my thinking too

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                  That doesn't solve anything! They're still going to become extinct if they can't figure out a way to sexually reproduce!

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
                    Androids? Is this possibly a new story that we've not been told about yet? A race of humans trying to convert themselves into Terminators? LOL
                    eww... tinned pea...ple

If you're a droid, like in Tin Man, you'd have several advantages over a human body: strength, long life, and likely you'd get passed over by the Wraith for something more tender. OTOH, reproduction would be a problem, and if the Wraith got cranky they might just take away your sources of power supplies.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I'd like to see that...

Wraith - We can't cull you anymore so we are taking your batteries!

Tinman - Sure come get it!

Wraith - Good you see the wisdom and give up, where are they?

Tinman - We use a ion generator built into own bodies, it has a lifespan of 10,000 years.

Wraith - Errrr ok.

*Wraith fires stun gun at Tinman*

Tinman - Owwwww thanks, thats 10,001 years of power I have now.

*Wraith gets annoyed and grabs the Robot by the arm, Tinman grabs the Wraiths wrist and crushes it*

Wraith - AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Tinman - IDIOT! What you primitive organic lifeforms can stand up to the power of a syntheic???

See my point, the wraith would get splated! Until the ships arrived, by then the androids would of all legged it to the gate and gone else where.

Comment

yea basically... but again too simple and obvious...like theres always the obvious answer but they NEVER take it...its TV why should they? It makes it interresting.
                        O'neil: speaking of Anubis' secret base, did you find any cool weapons?
                        Carter:.....no.....
                        O'neil: NUTS!

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if someone did do that though! A tv series based on what you should do intend of what you shouldn't do. Imagine an axe in the house chasing a young cheerleader. In the original the girl runs around like an idiot inside the house until the killer catches up with her and buries the axe in her head. In the alternative version (my idea) the girl runs into the kitchen picks up a knife and knife throws it at the killers chest, slowing him temporarily down. She then legs it to the living room, pulls out her fathers shotgun and loads it. Since all US home have a shotgun . Then the killer comes running into the living room facing first into the path of the shotgun, since there is only one way in. BOOM!

Killer dies end of story... Now that would be much more entertaining. Short though... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            That doesn't solve anything! They're still going to become extinct if they can't figure out a way to sexually reproduce!
                            Yes I know, but they still can't reproduce now and this would give them all the time in the universe to solve the problem.
                            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Errr just an idea but maybe they don't need to reproduce biologically. It is possible for them to spawn a neural pattern (just the mind is needed) from a computised algorithm instead of a biologically spawned one.

At the end of the day its produces a new individual. In terms of humans you could merge the neural patterns of the parents(people wanting to spawn) and you run a randomiser on it (create an random merged consciousness from 2 sources) and you get a child with the a neural pattern of the parents but without the knowledge.

You could then do the same for the body so to determine the shape etc. Then upload the spawned consciousness into the androids body. Completely bypassing biology, then all you got to do is do the boring part... Parenting a baby android in a adults body(for convenience) and teach it everthing. I say just upload all the basic knowleedge and then allow its neural pattern to chose what to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X