This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragonlance Series

I bet some of you read dragonlance, its really popular, almost as much as the wheel of time, my favortite characters are by far Raistlin and Tanis

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Those were good books, I read them back when I was first getting into reading fantasy books. Now the series isn´t nearly as good as wheel of time (at least the first 6 books or so) or Song of ice and fire but it follows the LotR formula and does it well.

My personal favorites from the series would be Raistlin and Tasselhoff, that kendar was a barrel of laughs.

This series is one of the few that I believe could be easily adapted to a 3 movie deal like LotR, pitty that it is no where near popular enough for that to happen

Comment

Raistlin was the best in that whole series. I loved that whole line of books back in the 80's... man... i feel old...

Comment

Another cool Char was tanis! he got really old quick due to being a half elf but he still did a lot of damage during the War of the Lance

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

It seems that like all, my favorites are Raistlin and Tasslehoff. I happen to be fond of Kitaira and Fizban, as well as Mina and Takhisis. Yes I know, you might call me "flighty".
          Spoiler:
          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
          I caught frogs and called them prince
          And made myself a queen
          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
          I slept in castles and fell in love
          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
          To capture tinkerbell
          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
          And anything I can to get by
          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

To me, Autumn Twilight was head and shoulders above the rest. Winter Night was still good, but I didn't like Spring Dawning all that much.

With the exception of Raistlin's double-cross then double-cross again. That I liked.

I hated the way Flint died. He should have gone out like Sturm did. In a glory of blazes.

My best friend and I were "what if'ing" one day, and thought up a cast for a Dragonlance movie trilogy. I mean, with LotR and Narnia it's about damn time Dragonlance was done... of course, the people reponsible for the last D&D movie are barred from having anything to do at all with it. We thought up this cast of principle characters, with a few holes, most notably a good Raistlin and Caramon -

Tanis-

Sturm-

Goldmoon-

Riverwind-

Flint-

Lauralanthalasa-

Kitiara-
            Last edited by Bragi; 02 April 2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

i loved those books when i was a kid...they were a great compliment to the DL side of the D&D rpg that had just come out.

thought they were great and loved the stories.

Sturm was my fave character.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Baal_Lord
                I bet some of you read dragonlance, its really popular, almost as much as the wheel of time, my favortite characters are by far Raistlin and Tanis
                Read them aeons ago

They just started making a comic book out of them - the first book of the Trilogy just finished coming out in an 8 part comic. Great art, painted.

Comment

Working...
                X