Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did everyone honestly think of the 200th episode? I thought it was funny, but it should have been a two parter with more of the actual cast interaction.

Jack wasn't there but for a few minutes, and he didn't really have much personal interaction with anyone.

I also found it just a bit insulting. Some of the "skits" were funny, but others it seemed like they took fans suggestions, wants, dreams, and showed why they thought they were all stupid ideas and would never do them.

I did like Sam's smug smile after the wedding fantasy, but to have the writer say, "Yeah if I want to torture the audience on purpose". Many of the audience would love to see a real wedding between those two, we have suggested that to the writers for a long time. It wouldn't torture us to give us what we'd asked for. The actual wedding was pretty funny, and I liked the sequence, but it just seemed as if they had taken so many of our hopes and turned them into nothing.

Some of the other skits were direct takes on conversations we've had here on the board.

The ending was boring. They spent screen time on people who aren't even the main cast. It didn't make much sense at all. And where was Hammond? It seemed just wrong to have a milestone episode without him.
    SG1_Jag Fan

personally, i've seen better - but also worse.

it was a good laugh.
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1_JAG Fan
      And where was Hammond? It seemed just wrong to have a milestone episode without him.
      Hammond was there. Just...in puppet form...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
        He was also in the Inside Sci-Fi special (complete with interviews).

Comment

200 was awesome.

I loved every minute of it - Why couldn't they have made it go on for longer???
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
            200 was awesome.

I loved every minute of it - Why couldn't they have made it go on for longer???
            thats a good point - about the only real difficulty with it was that it was too short. each of the sketches felt like it was bein run through as quick as
            Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper
              thats a good point - about the only real difficulty with it was that it was too short. each of the sketches felt like it was bein run through as quick as
              I agree. It would have been way more satisfying if more time was spent on the main cast. It needed to be a two parter. If "Heroes" can be a two parter, this one should too.
              SG1_Jag Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                i know that was funny\

Hammond:make it spin
                Walter:sir it dosen't spin
                Hammond: what it has to spin its round, im the general and i want it to spin

Comment

I've seen better. I could have done without the extended Team America parody in favor of a few more creative spins with the actual castmembers.
                  Frak! --Apollo
                  Frak you. --Cain
                  FRAK Me! --Kat
                  frakwit! --Tyrol
                  B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace
                    I've seen better. I could have done without the extended Team America parody in favor of a few more creative spins with the actual castmembers.
                    Yes, the puppet scene went on for a little too long. They should have put in a Star Wars parody.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1_JAG Fan
                      I did like Sam's smug smile after the wedding fantasy, but to have the writer say, "Yeah if I want to torture the audience on purpose". Many of the audience would love to see a real wedding between those two, we have suggested that to the writers for a long time. It wouldn't torture us to give us what we'd asked for. The actual wedding was pretty funny, and I liked the sequence, but it just seemed as if they had taken so many of our hopes and turned them into nothing.
                      I think the TPTB may have been making a joke about how poorly they handled the relationship question on SG-1, and that it probably would be torture (especially for fans and shippers) if they actually pursued it.

The only clip I didn't care for was the Star Trek spoof. And it would have been nice to see Hammond in the flesh, but that would have definitely required a two-parter to pull off.

Comment

I was looking forward to it, expecting it to be funny, but in my opinion it sucked, hardly amused me at all.

Comment

I pretty much laughed throughout the entire episode. I thought it was a great way for the actors and TPTB to celebrate 200 episodes. IMO, there were a lot of priceless moments in "200" I'll remember forever.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Kay, so I just re-watched 200.....and at the end I just cried. There was something about those interviews- even if they weren't our cast- it was still them and I thought- oh I don't know what I thought- I just cried.....its so sad that it's been cancelled.
                            sigpic
                            Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                            |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I pretty much laughed throughout the entire episode. I thought it was a great way for the actors and TPTB to celebrate 200 episodes. IMO, there were a lot of priceless moments in "200" I'll remember forever.
                              So did I! I laughed so much I started to get a headache!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X