Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Atlantis Spare a Jumper for the SGC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Atlantis Spare a Jumper for the SGC?

Hi Guys and girls,

Ive been pondering this for a long time,

The SGA team - Sheps Team, dont always use the jumpers to travel through the gate. - Plus - they have more than one, therefore - could Atlantis not spare a puddle jumper for the SGC?

Imagine the strategic advantage - a cloaked puddle jumper armed with drones would be against the Ori? Or just on general missions, cloaking is a great ability - it might even add to the possibilties for the writers?
    Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

or, imageine this:

on pj is sent to earth, earth deploys it as a last chance effort to take out an ori ship, the pj is lost, atlantis just lost a pj, atlantis continues to give more pjs, sooner or later, instead having a nice 1 or 2+ squadrons to defend atlantis(probaly the most advanced peice of technology we have), we have none, and we're screwed, especially if that last chance effort was to stop a ori ship from coming to earth, earth goes boom, they find atlantis, atlantis goes boom, wraith either are killed or converted, ancients dont do **** still, plus the other humans in the pegasus are converted, maybe asurans stand a chance, but prob not....ori rule the galaxy, ancient are all gone...how boring would that be?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

True - but they could send one to Area 51 or the SGC so they can reverse engineer one?? Maybe they could learn to make more?

To be honest - i was thinking more of a loan - to SG-1 on more dangerous missions - due to the tactical advantage gained by using a PJ but i understand your reasoning.

Comment

I like puddlejumpers! why would they do that just to lose one?
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I love puddle jumpers too!! I just wanna see more of them on stargate in general!! I was hoping maybe they could just use it for recon - i wasn't planning on them losing it!

Comment

remember Season 1 of SGA? They used the pj on almost every episode. Then they stopped once they got the Daedalus.I think SG-1 should find their own since, according to Rising pt. 1, they were in use before the Ancients left for Pegasus.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Sure i get you, but as far as we know, the SGC doesnt have any cloaked ships available - and with the fractured relationship with the Jaffa - we might not get our hands on a cloaking Cargo ship anytime soon.

Maybe just one for study - maybe adapt a cloaking generator to the Odyssey? Like they did for Atlantis city?

After all the SGC gave them the ZPM (moebius) they needed to power the city.

Comment

Once Mckay finishes his stargate harvesting program i'm sure the'll be flying back and forth all the time. whether they will use them in combat against the Ori or not remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                  Maybe just one for study - maybe adapt a cloaking generator to the Odyssey? Like they did for Atlantis city?
                  The Daedalus has cloaking ability, so it's safe to assume that the Odyssey had it as well.

Comment

Really!! I didnt know the Daedalus can cloak!! Are you sure?? im not being sarcy -- i honestly didn't know. Which episode was it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                      Really!! I didnt know the Daedalus can cloak!! Are you sure?? im not being sarcy -- i honestly didn't know. Which episode was it in?
                      The Siege, part 3. (i'm not 100% on this)

Comment

Im sorry to disagree friend, but ive seen all of sg episodes of SG-1 and SGA, and i dont recall the Prometheus, Odyssey, or Daedalus having a cloaking ability.

They tend to hide the ship behind a planet - like in SGA's Season 2 finale - The Alliance.

Comment

I'm probably cruvis. have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel
                            The Siege, part 3. (i'm not 100% on this)
                            They interfaced a PJ's cloak with the city's shield generator to cloak the city. That was the only cloaking done in the episode. The Daedalus was however inside the cloaking field when it went active. So you're kind of right, and kind of wrong.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up freyr's mother!

So now weve established the Odyssey - and Daedalus dont have cloaking generators, wouldn't it be great to park a jumper inside one and interface the cloak?

Comment

Working...
                              X