PDA

View Full Version : Two new Atlantis Trailers?

Dibbs7
May 1st, 2004, 02:16 PM
I've seen one but not the other. Can anyone tell me of where I can download both?
Thanx

Ace
May 1st, 2004, 04:04 PM
That I know of...one one trailer is online. I'm still waiting for the other with Robert Patrick to make it's way online as well. However if you watch SciFi when Stargate is on, you are almost guarenteed to see the trailers.

Ace

keshou
May 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM
I've seen one but not the other. Can anyone tell me of where I can download both?
Thanx

Here's a link to one of the clips that was posted at the old board. Go to the bottom of the page and "right click/save as" the file for "Stargate Atlantis, New Leader, Threat, Gate Sci-Fi Promo". It's a quicktime movie file.

http://stargate.chorn.com/multimedia.html

I don't know about a download for the other clip. This particular one has Weir speaking, shows the team and others gathered in the gateroom. It also shows the wraith...er....screeching.

David85
May 1st, 2004, 05:37 PM
Ya That's the one I saw, I was walking to the bathroom and I heard the ad, but I missed it. :(

Dibbs7
May 2nd, 2004, 02:46 AM
Can't. I live in the UK. No Atlantis trailers here!

Thor
May 2nd, 2004, 03:05 AM
Looks cool.

the_fours
May 2nd, 2004, 06:31 AM
seen screen caps, now even more excited, *beathing in and out slowly trying to calm self* wot is it bout 10 weeks now.

Dibbs7
May 3rd, 2004, 03:35 AM
Common guys! HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DownFallAngel
May 3rd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Did anyone else notice that they were in the SGC for the shooting of both episodes?

Ace
May 3rd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Did anyone else notice that they were in the SGC for the shooting of both episodes?

Yep...that's how the Atlantis team gets to Atlantis through the Stargate at the SGC! However I couldn't find Jack or Daniel in the trailers, I could have sworn somebody said that they were in there. I can't find them, anybody want to play a game of Where's Waldo?

Ace

Teal'c
May 3rd, 2004, 04:30 PM
I've only seen the New Leader, New Threat, New Gate vid, but IF they were supposed to be in that, they could have been in the control room of the SGC (I can't tell who's there, bad quality), which seems to be packed....

May 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Seeing those trailers actually makes me excited to see Atlantis, which hasn't happened before. It actually looks pretty cool! :D

bentleyml
May 4th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I've been really interested in Atlantis, but the picutres I had seen of the Wraith had not really interested me. Seeing one in motion on the other hand really grabbed me. Guess its a matter of a still image not doing justice to them. :)

Indiana
May 4th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Could they be any more ripping off of lord of the rings? The Wraith? The screeching? :rolleyes: Well at least they're more colourful than the Ringwraiths of Lord of The Rings.

thor39
May 4th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I love the second trailer although they are both short.

The first one wasn't much though :p

thor39
May 4th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Hey how can you even compare Lord of the Rings to Stargate.

Have you gone insane, Stargate is a masterpiece, LOTR is something that withers in it's presence :D

Indiana
May 4th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Hmmm...not too sure what to say about that, but with the names of this enemy, The Wraith, you gotta think that LOTR def had something to do with it. They even admitted Anubis was based on the LOTR Ringwraiths. Then they screech as well, Fran Walsh anyone? :rolleyes:

thor39
May 4th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Look Wraith up in a dictionary, I'm sure you will find it is a ghost like creature.
Plus LOTR copied ents :D

Indiana
May 4th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Look Wraith up in a dictionary, I'm sure you will find it is a ghost like creature.
Plus LOTR copied ents :D

Indeed, the dictionary may say that about Wraith, but you can still tell when they're ripping it off. Anyway, better to rip-off LOTR than Star trek. :D

Persoanlly I'd rather they rip-off Stargate (94) more often :rolleyes:

thor39
May 4th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Star trek can be good sometimes, definatly better than LOTR :) in my opinion after all we are all entitled to our differences ;)

Dibbs7
May 4th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Not rip-off, Homage!

Teal'c
May 4th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Trying to claim Tolken invented the concept of Wraiths is the.... *tries not to use profanity*.... how?!?! Why?!?!? Where do you get these ideas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And who said and when that Anubis was based on the ringwraiths (because the ringwraiths were of course the original black-hooded evil-doers, yup, Death copied Tolkien's ideas too....)

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Wait wait wait. Why would they be inside the SCG if Atlantis is on another planet? Also, I thought they had to go to the Antarcitca outpost to gate to Atlantis? Or is Atlanits the outpost? Also, if they are at the SGC, and Atlantis is the outpost on ANT, then what happened to that rule that says two working gates on one planet can not connect to each other?!

Andy867
May 4th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I thought the trailer was nice, what was interesting though is when it said there was a new gate, it showed them in the SGC and not on atlantis, though seeing Dr Weir talk was most definitely at the Atlantis gate, since she said we can never get home (though like Voyager) they will... eventually

And to help our confused comrade, the supposed Lost City in the season finale 2-parter was actually just an outpost that the Ancients had set up.
Spoiler

The Lost City of Atlantis is actually in the Pegasus galaxy, and as we find out in the Season premiere of Stargate SG-1 in its 8th season, they will find a tablet near the outpost that will mention the gate coordinates to the city, and thats where the atlantis crew comes in.

SenorCardgage
May 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I thought the trailer was nice, what was interesting though is when it said there was a new gate, it showed them in the SGC and not on atlantis

Trailer is definatly doing what it should...peak the interest of die-hards like ourselves, but also do what it can to bring in new viewers. Expect the first couple of eps to get back to the stargate mythos so newbies can catch up.

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Weir seems like a pretty hardcore character. I think her and Shepard are gunna be awesome on screen together. This new Weir is so much better than the SGC Weir, don't know why, but she is cool.

The outfits are so damn cool. Greys, blues and reds. I don't like the Canadain uniform though, its jsut shouting "HEY WRAITH, come and shoot me!"

Indiana
May 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
For the person who started this thread you can find both Atlantis Trailers here:

Atlantis Teaser 1 (http://cinellusions.com/sgc/atlantis.mov) (New leader, New Threat, New Gate)
Atlantis Teaser 2 (http://cinellusions.com/sgc/atlantis2.mov) (Their Greatest Mission, Mankinds Greatest Mystery)

A plus point about the Wraith is that it actually looks a bit like Ra The Sun God except with Pink hair and strong white flesh tones.

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 03:51 PM
That Queen Wraith's mouth is freaking weird, or is it just me?!

THanks for the post man.

Teal'c
May 4th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Wait wait wait. Why would they be inside the SCG if Atlantis is on another planet? Also, I thought they had to go to the Antarcitca outpost to gate to Atlantis? Or is Atlanits the outpost? Also, if they are at the SGC, and Atlantis is the outpost on ANT, then what happened to that rule that says two working gates on one planet can not connect to each other?!
No no NO! :P

Why are they in the SGC if Atlantis is on another planet? Hmmm... I wonder why? I mean, I of course originally thought they were going to walk there, but now it seems they might actually use the Stargate! :P

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Why are they in the SGC if Atlantis is on another planet? Hmmm... I wonder why? I mean, I of course originally thought they were going to walk there, but now it seems they might actually use the Stargate! :P

Are you mocking me shova!?

SGSlugger
May 4th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Hey, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...then it must be a duck! ;)

Teal'c
May 5th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Are you mocking me shova!?
Well, how else would they go to another planet? :P

And in the second trailer I could see Jack & Daniel, in the control room, to the right of Sheppard's head. They're very blurred, but you can tell...

GateGipsy
May 5th, 2004, 06:11 AM
To read the news story on these two trailers on GateWorld website, click HERE (http://www.gateworld.net/news/spinoffnews.html#newsitem1083740337,21654,)

Atlantis ad spots show first footage
MAY 5, 2004
http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/clear.gif
Two brand new television ad spots for Stargate Atlantis (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/index.shtml) have hit the airwaves, revealing the first footage from the upcoming series! Fifteen and 20-second versions of the two commercials are now airing in rotation on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/atlantis_ad02.jpghttp://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/atlantis_ad04.jpg

thor39
May 5th, 2004, 07:31 AM
The wraith queen should see a dentist :D

Matt G
May 5th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Looks like something out of a horror movie.

Teal'c
May 5th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Here's Jack and Daniel:

Indiana
May 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Go you, Teal'c! Well done for spotting that one :D

Teal'c
May 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Go you, Teal'c! Well done for spotting that one :D
My sister thought I was insane that I could tell which blur was which :P

Indiana
May 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
nah, you can actually tell its them even when they're out of focus. Postures and stances do not change. Albeit out of focus you can still tell it's them.

Atum
May 5th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I hope Ma Wraith is not as weird as that clip looks.

May 5th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Question, who plays the queen?

Darren
May 5th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Atlantis is supposed to have more of a horror/thriller edge than SG-1, from what I've heard (and seen) so far. Rather than the over-the-top cliched Goa'uld, the villians are vampiric and could jump out at you without warning every time you go around a corner!

I can't wait ...

bakeded
May 6th, 2004, 12:06 AM
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Yes I've seen both trailers! Yes I can't wait until July!
I've been watching SG-1 since the first season and I'm getting VERY excited!!!

(need to think about something else until July)
(it doesn't help that scifi shows SG-1 like every freakin day!)

Indiana
May 6th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Does the Wraith Queen remind anyone of Ra or is it just me?

She seems elegant like Ra was and dangerous. Able to power everyone in a room with her mere presence.

thor39
May 6th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Elegant? What pic r u looking at?

To me she looks pale and well savage like :cool:

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yup... I also spotted Jack and Daniel before I saw the post with the image... yeah, and, unfortunately, my comp can't take screenshots. But these promos are awesome! Only 2 months, 3 days until the return of Stargate to Sci-Fi (1 week more until Atlantis)!

Hmm... those are the 15-second spots... anybody got a link to the 20-second versions?

Darren
May 6th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Turns out there are 10 and 15 second versions, not 15 and 20. (I've corrected the original news story.)

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 6th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Oh, OK, good to know... then I've seen the longer versions, which is all I need to see.

Luckily, I even got to see them on TV today as I watched Tripping the Rift. So, yeah, I've seen them small on my comp and big on the TV... now I'm officially pumped!

ReplicatorX
May 7th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I just downloaded the commercial then, I can't wait to see more of The Wraith. I wonder just how they take the lifeforms of other beings, is it going to be something like a vampire?

Has this information been announced yet? Just making sure incase i've missed it some where.

Teal'c
May 7th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I just downloaded the commercial then, I can't wait to see more of The Wraith. I wonder just how they take the lifeforms of other beings, is it going to be something like a vampire?

Has this information been announced yet? Just making sure incase i've missed it some where.
Their hands

DownFallAngel
May 7th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Their hands

Yea there are like teeth in their hands, and they like suck it out right? Or is it like a blackhole, that just sucks?

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Check the offical site http://www.stargateatlantis.com and look at the production sketches, there're some pictures there.

Flyboy
May 8th, 2004, 05:47 AM
*cries* Here in England I won't see Atlantis for ages!!!!!!! :'(

thor39
May 8th, 2004, 06:06 AM
I know it's not right but im gonna get them off Kazza and delete them as soon as I tape them

Of course i still buy the boxsets whens s7 out

June? :D

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
That's a really good question... I want to know too! I hope they don't wait for season 7 to come out just because they feel it ended too soon ago...