This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Scifi Network

Most of us disagree with what is aired on the SciFi Channel, so I figured since this is the general forum for all other scifi shows, what would you put on your scifi network? (ex: animated, overseas, anime, classic scifi?)

The basics: SG-1, SGA, BSG, The Dead Zone, The 4400, Eureka, Threshold, Alias, Angel, Buffy, Tru Calling, Joan of Arcadia, Star Trek (all of them), Babylon 5, Farscape, Lost, Seaquest, Andromeda, Mutant X, Jeremiah, Sliders, Firefly, Charmed, Blade, Supernatural, and Smallville.

To bring back the somewhat forgotten: Earth 2, VR.5, War of the Worlds, PSI Factor, My Secret Identity, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Early Edition, Odyssey 5, V, Lexx, Space: Above and Beyond, Invisible Man, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Aliean Nation, and Lost in Space.

Animated series: Futurama, ThunderCats, X-Men (Original), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Tick.

And those from overseas: Doctor Who (Old & New) and Torchwood. Also anime.

Just a rough list of what I would love to be able to see. The old and new series, animated, and stuff from the UK and Canada. That would be my ultimate network channel.
    "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Don't forget the great old movies, to mix in along with the series — War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet, The Blob, Them, The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers — the list is endless. And the campy stuff we grew up with on late night TV like Flash Gordon and Crash Corrigan.

Oh, and don't forget Dead Like Me...Funniest thing I've seen lately...

ladyjanus

Comment

Oh, your right, the old serials. I nearly forgot about those!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
        Most of us disagree with what is aired on the SciFi Channel, so I figured since this is the general forum for all other scifi shows, what would you put on your scifi network? (ex: animated, overseas, anime, classic scifi?)

The basics: SG-1, SGA, BSG, The Dead Zone, The 4400, Eureka, Threshold, Alias, Angel, Buffy, Tru Calling, Joan of Arcadia, Star Trek (all of them), Babylon 5, Farscape, Lost, Seaquest, Andromeda, Mutant X, Jeremiah, Sliders, Firefly, Charmed, Blade, Supernatural, and Smallville.

To bring back the somewhat forgotten: Earth 2, VR.5, War of the Worlds, PSI Factor, My Secret Identity, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Early Edition, Odyssey 5, V, Lexx, Space: Above and Beyond, Invisible Man, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Aliean Nation, and Lost in Space.

Animated series: Futurama, ThunderCats, X-Men (Original), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Tick.

And those from overseas: Doctor Who (Old & New) and Torchwood. Also anime.

Just a rough list of what I would love to be able to see. The old and new series, animated, and stuff from the UK and Canada. That would be my ultimate network channel.

This sounds like a good line up, but I do not want to split hairs....have done that before and have found that you just become public enemy #1 on the thread (Aka the Eurkera thread). The problem is that Scifi does not have the rights to all these shows, and would be extremely difficult for them to gain all the rights.

I think that Scifi should try and and retool Invasion, because the end of the series was actually good.

I would also like to see as many others would...the return of firefly, and maybe a new farscape mini series or spin off. I would also like to see a continuation of the Dune series, and further exploration into sci fiction novels and such.

Not so sure about anime, but I would be interesting to see how they would pull it off. Scifi is usually only considered as such if its live action, but I supposed its better then what is currently being brought out.

Comment

Just them stopping airing all the crapping sci-fi movies that they currently do would be a good start. Then, pull wrestling, and replace it with something that is actually sci-fi.

Keep SG-1 going (of course), and definitely show quality sci-fi shows from the past.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
            This sounds like a good line up, but I do not want to split hairs....have done that before and have found that you just become public enemy #1 on the thread (Aka the Eurkera thread). The problem is that Scifi does not have the rights to all these shows, and would be extremely difficult for them to gain all the rights.

I think that Scifi should try and and retool Invasion, because the end of the series was actually good.

I would also like to see as many others would...the return of firefly, and maybe a new farscape mini series or spin off. I would also like to see a continuation of the Dune series, and further exploration into sci fiction novels and such.

Not so sure about anime, but I would be interesting to see how they would pull it off. Scifi is usually only considered as such if its live action, but I supposed its better then what is currently being brought out.
            I know they lack the rights to many of those shows but they can't be too difficult to get for some of them since no one airs them. Forget about rules like that, this is for the line up of shows YOU want to see. So split hairs and skulls if need be.

For movies, White Dwarf. I thought that would become a series...need to show that again. Hell, I would make that a series.

Comment

Red Dwarf
              RDA's Legend
              FX
              Numb3rs - maybe not exactly science fiction, butat least it's science, unlike most of the actual programing presently on the network.

The Back to the Future trilogy & cartoon.

Wasn't there a sci-fi Sherlock Holmes series?

A Top-Ten SF movies series, with movies like Gattaca, Tron, Brazil, etc, where viewers could vote for the best.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I know they lack the rights to many of those shows but they can't be too difficult to get for some of them since no one airs them. Forget about rules like that, this is for the line up of shows YOU want to see. So split hairs and skulls if need be.

For movies, White Dwarf. I thought that would become a series...need to show that again. Hell, I would make that a series.

Ok I will. For starters even though I do not like Eurkera, I think many do so leave it on the channel.

My lineup:
                Sg-1, Atlantis, BSG, Dune mini series, Sliders, Farscape, reruns of old Battlestar series, Bablyon 5, Star Trek...I GUESS ALL OF THEM, but I esp only like a few of them. The sential, Invasion...retooled, x-files, Firefly, and the list goes on.

As far as movies, I would like to see older scifi movies that are never aired, as well as a more well rounded orginal picture series.....FIRE who ever is in charge now!

I would also like Scifi to maybe do a news show where they go behind the scenes and up close with the actors on scifi shows on a weekly basis. I think it would be nice if the network tired to get in touch more with the fans.

Also I wonder why Star Wars is never on the channel, come on couldn't they do as USA did in the past and show the movies on a semi regular basis.

This is a start I guess.

Comment

This doesn't have to be the SciFi Channel necessarily. We as fans should make up our own ideal network and programming. Lets face it, SciFi can't seem to do it.

A behind the scenes show would be nice. Show some DVD extra type of material, like concept art and story boards for new shows and old. Maybe a news segment about the latest technology (nano, power, computers, etc)

Comment

This doesn't have to be the SciFi Channel necessarily. We as fans should make up our own ideal network and programming. Lets face it, SciFi can't seem to do it.

A behind the scenes show would be nice. Show some DVD extra type of material, like concept art and story boards for new shows and old. Maybe a news segment about the latest technology (nano, power, computers, etc)

The only problem is getting the funding and the people, and the sponsoring to start the network.

From there the problem becomes getting cable and sat providers to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
                      The only problem is getting the funding and the people, and the sponsoring to start the network.

From there the problem becomes getting cable and sat providers to pick it up.
                      LOL, enough of the business talk . This is just programming!!! Since your into the business side, what name would you give it? I'm thinking...Monolith (from the old scifi shows).

Otherwise, we have the money and distribution all settled, we just need to build the perfect programming that is appealing to us fans.

Comment

I pretty much agree with the original poster.

All Trek series, all Gate series, Babylon 5 (never seen it, heard it was good), Farscape, Red Dwarf, Futurama, Doctor Who, etc.

Wouldn't mind some recent sci-fi movies either. Try to cut down on the monster flicks unless they were good at the time. ABSOLUTELY NO REALITY TV!!!

Comment

LOL, enough of the business talk . This is just programming!!! Since your into the business side, what name would you give it? I'm thinking...Monolith (from the old scifi shows).

Otherwise, we have the money and distribution all settled, we just need to build the perfect programming that is appealing to us fans.

I would be more inclined to call it One of two things.....1. The real Science Fiction Channel...j/k or 2. Sci-Revolution.

I think keeping it plain and simple would appeal to more fans.

Comment

[sarcasm]Here is the REAL Science Fiction!!![/sarcasm]

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I forgot to add Dinosaurs, Max Headroom, and 5ive Days to Midnight.

Comment

Working...
                              X