This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddy vs. Jason...vs. Ash??!

(This isn't scifi and it's barely fantasy, so Mods feel free to move...)

Read the full story here.
    Sources said the studio is in negotiations with director-producer Sam Raimi (the "Spider-Man" movies) for a project titled "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash." In the proposed sequel, Freddy (from the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" films) and Jason (from the "Friday the 13th" pics) would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes "Army of Darkness."

Now, am I the only one who is ROFLMAO over this and just can't wait until it's released? :eek I haven't seen a Freddy or Jason movie since the second sequels of either, but this I would go see.

Groovy.

(Oh wait...Lexa Doig was in Jason X, right? So there is a "Kevin Bacon"-like connection...)
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Imo, Freddy is fantasy , cause he is in dreams and stuff, haha, thats kind of funny to me... Anywho, Ash, what the heck!?!? I rather have Michael Myers come along, even though hes less superhuman-ish than F/J.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Michael Myers is boooooooooooooring.

Ash is a wise ass. I really hope they don't go through with the movie though. It really wouldn't work.

Comment

Bruce Campell has to star in the movie!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          Ash is a wise ass. I really hope they don't go through with the movie though. It really wouldn't work.
          You're probably right. No doubt Hollywood would screw it up. For starters, they probably wouldn't let Ash win.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Well my problem with AvP and FvJ, is that they write it so that both sides are happy. They don't take into consideration that Jason would beat the crap out of that pedophile Freddy. Then with AvP, the Aliens are just mindless beasts...the Predators are an advanced, intelligence species. Throw a few Predators together and you can tear the aliens apart. But NOOOO... they have to make everyone happy. Well, except for me, of course. Honesty makes me happy- not a fair match.

Comment

I really can't see how one could say "Jason would beat the crap out of Freddy". Doesn't it boil down to whoever has the better stuntman?

I've never been a fan of the Freddy or Jason movies except for the first ones, so I really shouldn't judge. I love the Alien movies, but now that they've camped it up with a Hollywood smackdown (which I have not seen), I think that's pretty sad as well...although it'll probably be entertaining if only from an FX point of view, so I'll rent it. The Evil Dead movies, on the other hand, were never meant to be taken seriously as horror flicks...which is probably why they are among my favorites.

Comment

Michael Myers is boooooooooooooring.

Never said Michael Myers wasn't boring, but i would rather him than Ash!, haha...

Well my problem with AvP and FvJ, is that they write it so that both sides are happy. They don't take into consideration that Jason would beat the crap out of that pedophile Freddy. Then with AvP, the Aliens are just mindless beasts...the Predators are an advanced, intelligence species. Throw a few Predators together and you can tear the aliens apart. But NOOOO... they have to make everyone happy. Well, except for me, of course. Honesty makes me happy- not a fair match.
                I know what you mean, it was like 3 predators versus an army of Aliens, it was kind of... well, that didn't satisfy me, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                  I know what you mean, it was like 3 predators versus an army of Aliens, it was kind of... well, that didn't satisfy me, haha...
                  Actually what I meant was, that there is on possible way humans would beat the aliens and predators....EVER... We are not as clever or fast. Even from a technological stand point, we are inferior to the Predators.

All things considered, I think the Predators would stand a good chance against all those aliens. They ARE just stupid, over grown bugs.

Comment

"The evil got in my hand and went bad. So I lopped it off at the wrist."
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Could be good, and aparently Robert Edlund said he wouldn't do this movie (The rumour's been around over a year now) unless Ash won... because Ash can't lose After that dress any bozo up in a hockey mask and then offer Bruce and Sam piles of money

The problem of course is... well, who knows Ash? People will be like "Who the @~!! is this guy killing Freddy?" Though just the thought of a bunch of kids running away from Freddy, only to run into Ash with his chainsaw and boomstick... OK, I'm drooling too much now

And remember, shop smart, shop S-Mart

Comment

Well, of course Ash can't lose! Which means all franchises would have to go completely camp. I love it!

You're right, though. Ash is a much lesser known cult figure, but these kids gotta learn sometime!

I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!

Comment

Actually what I meant was, that there is on possible way humans would beat the aliens and predators....EVER... We are not as clever or fast. Even from a technological stand point, we are inferior to the Predators.

All things considered, I think the Predators would stand a good chance against all those aliens. They ARE just stupid, over grown bugs.
                          O- I understand now, heh, Arnold S. is a good match against them (Predators) .

Comment

You've gotta remember though the aliens have the advantage of numbers, you remember the size of the nest from aliens there was loads of 'em.

On the subject of Freddy V Jason V Ash i liked the idea Simon Pegg was talking about in the new issue off DVD Review of Freddy V Jason V Ash V Shaun.

That said has Shaun of the Dead come out in the US yet cuz otherwise i doubt you'll see why this idea is so good. Infact on that note did Spaced even get aired in the US because theres alot of Spaced related in-jokes in there.

Comment

It could be interesting, but Id rather see F V J Versus the Ghostbusters

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X