This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a cop out?

To end SG-1, rather than vanquishing the Ori by some method the Galaxy becomes protected but the Ori have discovered Pegasus and that galaxys connection to the ascended ancients and human population?

It would be a poor ending for a great show but it would allow promising Villans to be given a fitting and properly devloped story and inevitable end, instead of a rushed 3 episode Deus Ex Machina ending which cheats the Writers and the fans a like.

I am leaning towards this weird theory.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34224
    School is overrated.

Comment

I'd like to know where you found this info? Or was ti just a suggestion? I doubt very much SG1 would end that way, unless they purposely want to hoist the Ori on to the Atlantis crew, but still?!?!

Besides imo as far as we know
      Spoiler:
      The pegasus galaxy probably was and still is hidden by the ancients just like the milky way was. The only connection made to pegasus so far is by Earth, and Earth would destroy themselves before letting the Ori know about Atlantis.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I think that a good way to end SG-1 is to use Merlin's weapon to descend all the ascended beings. The threat of the Ori would still remain but to a lesser extent since the Ancients would be able to fight against them. It would open the way to a new series.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
          I am leaning towards this weird theory.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34224
          Link not working, what did it say?

Comment

Hmmm, interessant no?
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
              Besides imo as far as we know
              Spoiler:
              The pegasus galaxy probably was and still is hidden by the ancients just like the milky way was. The only connection made to pegasus so far is by Earth, and Earth would destroy themselves before letting the Ori know about Atlantis.
              Heres the thing. The Ori already know of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                Heres the thing. The Ori already know of the Pegasus Galaxy.
                How do they know? I thought that Atlantis was after the split of the Ori and the Alterans.

Comment

Originally posted by MelbournePates
                  How do they know? I thought that Atlantis was after the split of the Ori and the Alterans.
                  I don't beleieve they do.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                    I don't beleieve they do.
                    I think this quote is becoming my new best friend.

Orlin: Your life became an open book to me the moment you set foot in this galaxy.

Daniel went to their galaxy. It works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
                      I think this quote is becoming my new best friend.

Orlin: Your life became an open book to me the moment you set foot in this galaxy.

Daniel went to their galaxy. It works both ways.
                      That could very well be the case. In the eyes of the Ori, our galaxy is just more appealing at the moment (many more souls to convert). Once they are done with the Milky Way, Pegasus could be next on their list.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They probably do know about atlantis, and they probably don't go for a very good reason:

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                          They probably do know about atlantis, and they probably don't go for a very good reason:

No offense to the Wraith, but, the Ori would so wipe the floor with them. The Wraith were able to successfully fight unascended Ancients. I don't think they'd last long against the power of Ascended beings such as the Ori.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm not saying the Ori wouldn't win eventually, if simply because they are ascended, but believe me, the Wraith are a far greater foe to the Ori than anyone or anything in the MW, and they could be able of defeating the Ori's Followers in time.

They defeated the Lantians, they can certainly put up a fight with the Ori, even though in the end the Ori would cause a plague or sacrifice their humans so the Wraith Starve.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                              I'm not saying the Ori wouldn't win eventually, if simply because they are ascended, but believe me, the Wraith are a far greater foe to the Ori than anyone or anything in the MW, and they could be able of defeating the Ori's Followers in time.

They defeated the Lantians, they can certainly put up a fight with the Ori, even though in the end the Ori would cause a plague or sacrifice their humans so the Wraith Starve.
                              Oh, I agree, the Wraith wouldn't be easy to defeat. They would be a great foe for the Ori and their followers to have to contend with. I'm just saying, in the end, the Ori would come out victorius.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X