• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whare's Jack? ;-) - 200 spoiler

In 200,
    Spoiler:
    in the "Jack is invisible" sequence,
    Teal'c has hair, meaning it should be after New Order. But Daniel says that Jack is in Hammond's office. Promptly create an excuse for this.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 August 2006, 06:59 PM.

Spoiler:
    They did the invisable episode skit just for 200. RDA came back to film it in a green suit,
    it was really neat--that's how come he was walking the coffee cup down the hall.

It was supposed to have happened in the past sometime.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 August 2006, 06:59 PM.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Maybe because O'neill had recently taken over command and they were just used to calling it Hammond's office? I've had a computer room that is now a bedroom and I still sometimes call it a computer room. It happens. Old habits die hard. Daniel has seven years of calling the office "Hammond's office". Give the guy a break.

The episode is also out of continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
        In 200,
        Spoiler:
        Teal'c has hair, meaning it should be after New Order. But Daniel says that Jack is in Hammond's office. Promptly create an excuse for this.
        That actually never happened.
        I also thought that this
        Spoiler:
        invisibility
        sequence was crap.
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 August 2006, 07:00 PM.
        School is overrated.

Comment

In 200,
          Spoiler:
          Continuity error?

Originally posted by The Engineer
          That actually never happened.
          I also thought that this
          Spoiler:
          invisibility
          sequence was crap.
          I thought it was silly. And kinda funny.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 August 2006, 07:00 PM.
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I loved that sequence.

Comment

In 200,
              Spoiler:
              Chris didn't want to shave his head for a sequence that didn't last very long in a one-off episode.

That's my answer.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie
                Spoiler:
                They did the invisable episode skit just for 200. RDA came back to film it in a green suit,
                it was really neat--that's how come he was walking the coffee cup down the hall.

It was supposed to have happened in the past sometime.
                Are you sure about that? I'm a Film & TV student and i can think of a number of ways that would've been easier.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  I loved that sequence.
                  So did I! The improbabilty factorer didn't bother me. The whole ep was hilarious!
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MelbournePates
                    Are you sure about that? I'm a Film & TV student and i can think of a number of ways that would've been easier.
                    Indeed, Sci-fi inside showed it.

Comment

I had the same thought of how it took place in season 8, but they were still calling it Hammond's office at the time, but they kept calling O'Neill "Colonal". He was a general at that time, and there's no way Carter would have accidently called him by the wrong rank.

It's a stretch, but maybe it took place in-between New Order II and Lockdown? O'Neill had yet to formally recieve his promotion, maybe?

Another reasoning behind it is: I think the entire episode of 200 is a falacy. Like the Mitchell's daddy thing, ect. If you don't accept that, try to see the skits and stuff from Martin's POV. Maybe he imagined Teal'c with hair because that's how he knows him. (The bald guy who looked a lot like Teal'c that Martin dealt with in PONR and WE was Murray, not Teal'c )
                      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                      http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by MelbournePates
                        Yup. In the behind the scenes of 200, Rob Cooper mentions how they didn't have anyone available to wear the green suit. But Rick was there anyway so he went ahead and put it on. They show the "real" clip with him wearing the suit and it's funny to watch. Plus there's another behind the scenes thing for 200...during the presser I think...where he leans down and lifts the bottom cuff of his pant leg to reveal the green suit he was still wearing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen
                          I had the same thought of how it took place in season 8, but they were still calling it Hammond's office at the time, but they kept calling O'Neill "Colonal". He was a general at that time, and there's no way Carter would have accidently called him by the wrong rank.

It's a stretch, but maybe it took place in-between New Order II and Lockdown? O'Neill had yet to formally recieve his promotion, maybe?

Another reasoning behind it is: I think the entire episode of 200 is a falacy. Like the Mitchell's daddy thing, ect. If you don't accept that, try to see the skits and stuff from Martin's POV. Maybe he imagined Teal'c with hair because that's how he knows him. (The bald guy who looked a lot like Teal'c that Martin dealt with in PONR and WE was Murray, not Teal'c )
                          Well, the way it was presented, Martin was asking for a real story...something that really happened to them. And Carter was like, "Well there was the time that Colonel O'Neill was invisible..." and then later when she adds the part about how they told Jack there'd be negative side effects in order to get him to be more cooperative.

This leads me to believe that it was something that actually happened as opposed to just being a story idea.

Comment

I meant that Martin was imagining it happening. So, even if the story Sam was telling was true, what we SAW was his mind's eye playing out the events. In his mind's eye, Teal'c had hair.
                            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Indeed...

Or is was just that he had just received his promotion and they were all still used to call him colonel..

Didn't they call him colonel once while he was general?

Comment

Working...
                              X