This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising Opening Sequence

I apologize if this has been posted before, I couldn't find a post about it. The opening sequence shows two ancients seemingly going their separate ways with some tension. Why was the scene part of the show? Will it come back later in the series? Or was it just kinda there? Any Answers? Speculation?

-Gentarg

The female was the Ancient found in Antarctica by SG-1 in "Frozen"... we do not know who there guy is... hopefully it will be explained.

Comment

Oh, I didn't even notice that, heh. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        The female was the Ancient found in Antarctica by SG-1 in "Frozen"... we do not know who there guy is... hopefully it will be explained.
        That is very interesting. That means that Atlantis was abandoned just before the Ancients plague struck in our galaxy (or at the same time).

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
          That is very interesting. That means that Atlantis was abandoned just before the Ancients plague struck in our galaxy (or at the same time).
          Hmm..Please elaborate.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
            Hmm..Please elaborate.
            Well (and this is just a random guess) it might mean that the Wraiths were actually responsible for the plague. The Ancients were infected before deserting Atlantis and unwittingly carried it to Earth with them...

I just thought it was interesting that the two keystone events in the Ancient civilization that we know of (abandoning Atlantis and ascending to escape the plague) happen very nearly at the same time...

Comment

Working...
            X