This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you won the lottery...

How much does a season cost to produce? Say, 1.5m dollars an episode? Times by 20 (or 22) is $30 million a season, right? (or in UK terms about £15-20 million).

If I won the lottery, I'd pay for a brand new season of SG1 outright. The condition being, I get creative control, and they can't pass any scripts to be filmed without my say so. Season 11 would be the last season.

Let's pretend that season 10 will end on a cliffhanger with a fleet of Ori ships exiting hyperspace around Earth. Adria is on board. SG1 is on board along with Bra'tac. O'Neill is at Stargate Command working with Landri.

How would YOU continue the series, end the cliff hanger and yet keep season 11 fresh and lead it into a movie (which I would also finance to the tone of another £20 million, plus whatever scifi wants to put it, mgm and any fans)?

And also: If you won the lottery and had enough to pay for a new season of SG1... would you? I would.

Originally posted by Weyoun_TDB
    And also: If you won the lottery and had enough to pay for a new season of SG1... would you? I would.
    If I won enough to be able to pay for it and have a lot left over, sure I would. No doubt about it. I'd go there and personally hand the check to MGM, or whoever I had to. My only stipulation would be that I'd have to be present throughout filming, get all of their autographs, etc.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wouldn't. I would be spending the money on a Farscape movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun_TDB
        How much does a season cost to produce? Say, 1.5m dollars an episode? Times by 20 (or 22) is $30 million a season, right? (or in UK terms about £15-20 million).

If I won the lottery, I'd pay for a brand new season of SG1 outright. The condition being, I get creative control, and they can't pass any scripts to be filmed without my say so. Season 11 would be the last season.

Let's pretend that season 10 will end on a cliffhanger with a fleet of Ori ships exiting hyperspace around Earth. Adria is on board. SG1 is on board along with Bra'tac. O'Neill is at Stargate Command working with Landri.

How would YOU continue the series, end the cliff hanger and yet keep season 11 fresh and lead it into a movie (which I would also finance to the tone of another £20 million, plus whatever scifi wants to put it, mgm and any fans)?

In the words of Jack and Daniel:

thats............ambitious.

Without lots of rollovers you won't win that much anyway (at least in the UK). But not to put a dampener. If I had that much money I would pay for a season 11, but I don't think I would want to approve all the scripts before they were confirmed, after all they've been doing a fine job up till now. I would however have some suggestions for what I'd like to happen and what I want revisited, and I have a plan for how I'd like it to finish up.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
          Either way, at least Ben and Claudia would be working, right?
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
            Yup, this would be my top priority too. And the second would be Vala and Daniel spin-off
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

If would finance Season 11 my suggestions would serve more as guidelines: keep the show it was, interesting, fresh, inovative, smart, cool, no writers having fun (a la Wormhole X-Treme!, Avenger 2.0, 200), no changes that cross the line to the point of no shark return. I wouldn't suggest them how I WANT the season to end. It would be my money but I want to have fun, not be the one who gives ideas in matters of creation, even if my ideas would prove to be good. I am trying so much to stay unspoiled and it's so hard. If were to indicate how I WANT the season to end what would be the point of Season 11?!
              School is overrated.

Comment

why waste money?
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                  why waste money?
                  The chances of wasting the money are astronomical.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

I wouldn't pay for a season of SG-1 I'm not that desperate! If I won like £5billion then yes I would, I'd buy a football club (english), aparently it costs like £1.5mil-£2mil to make every episode, that might just be a rumour or summink!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

why waste money?
                      As long as I still has a considerable sum left over, it wouldn't be wasting money to me. It would be keeping something I enjoy thoroughly alive.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

and you would have advertising royalties, DVD sales, etc. So although you might not get it all back - you should see some return.

Comment

why waste money?
                          Because if I were to win that amount in a lottery then it would be mine to *waste* on whatever I wanted. And what else is there to spend that much money on???

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Either way, at least Ben and Claudia would be working, right?
                            Yup, and at least with Farscape they would be working with writers who can write for them and appreciate their talent.
                            But there would be some stipulations to getting me to hand over the money.

Comment

Eh, I wouldn't spend money on a TV show, regardless of the show. I'd rather donate my money to help real world problems - poverty, education, environment.

Comment

Working...
                              X