No announcement yet.

Common Ground (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite Atlantis episode ever! I mean it was compelling and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I always like stories where you get to understand your enemy. I called the Wraith giving back life, i mean at first i thought it would be something extremely predictable like Becket finding a cure. But i think the wraith giving back life was just cooler. It was nice to see some emotion from the cast too. A great episode.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners
      I agree! I think this episode was wonderful. I always love it when the Genii show up. They are some of my favorite...bad guys?...quasi bad guys?...semi quasi bad guys?...I dunno. I like em though! And I love the fact that we got to have some insight into the Wraith, and that they do have some sort of heart, I guess you could say.
      Agreed! This was a great ep and I loved the Shep, Wraith thing. Koyla at his finest. Great ep! 10/10!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I LOVED IT!

Okay, I'm a big Shep whump fan but I liked it overall for plotting, characterization, etc., and thankfully the ilnteresting new skill the wraith demonstrated, otherwise we'd be Shep-less.

Chris Hyerdahl was great as the Wraith; imparted a nice desperate quality of a trapped being who saw no hope of escape until Shep came along.

Now, the 'brother' thing was pretty creepy but well, this is another galaxy and Shep's deal did save his life.

Definitely want a follow-up to this one, and the next time Shep sees Kolya, I want to just see him try to kill him right off the bat. He deserves the right to after what Kolya did, which was despicable by any society's standards.

Kudos to Ken on his first SGA script!

Comment

Tonight episode was good but I don't think it's the best. So far PROGENY is the best of the season. There are many episodes yet to come so I'll keep an open mind.
          May the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
            But is that like the wraith throwing up?
            I thought the exact same thing. That's kinda gross...but I guess being thrown up on by a wraith is better than dying?
            Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              I LOVED IT!

Okay, I'm a big Shep whump fan but I liked it overall for plotting, characterization, etc., and thankfully the ilnteresting new skill the wraith demonstrated, otherwise we'd be Shep-less.

Chris Hyerdahl was great as the Wraith; imparted a nice desperate quality of a trapped being who saw no hope of escape until Shep came along.

Now, the 'brother' thing was pretty creepy but well, this is another galaxy and Shep's deal did save his life.

Definitely want a follow-up to this one, and the next time Shep sees Kolya, I want to just see him try to kill him right off the bat. He deserves the right to after what Kolya did, which was despicable by any society's standards.

I thought it was a well done episode. I was a little hesitant about it at first because I didn't recognize the writer's name but he did a good job with this one...hopefully we'll see more from him. I definitely liked how he made Weir strong and level-headed. Yeah, I would have liked her to have done whatever it took to get him back...but that's probably why I would make a terrible leader. Let someone question her decision-making now (to all you Weir haters). As much as it pained me, she made the right call and I'm glad they acknowledged the politics of the situation.

I agree with you prion about the Kolya thing....I'd LOVE to see John pull a Mal Reynolds and just shoot him in the head, no questions, no bargaining, nothing. I doubt that would happen though....didn't the writers say that they were trying to steer away from that type of action/character because it was "unrelateable" and "too dark." Blah, blah, blah. After what Kolya has put John through I think he's allowed to do what he wants with him.

Hopefully that wraith and John will cross paths again...did we ever get his name...even a Shep-made one?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                I LOVED IT!

And that would be.... Irresponsible.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Best all around episode of the season. The writing was excellent, the production and acting were of the highest quality this season. Finally, the writer let the characters get back their moral compass. And the obligatory make fun of McKay scene wasn't nearly as egregious as previous episodes, including the infamous SG1 Pegasus Project.

Finally, You got a ten.

PS you seriously need to keep the writer of this episode.

V5

Comment

I loved the return of Kolya and the Genii. Interesting twist with the Wraith able to give life back (though I have to admit I saw that coming since they hatched their escape). I still wouldn't trust the Wraith though, after only one guy proved trustworthy with a mutual goal. All bets are off, after all.

Can't wait for the next Kolya episode!! I hope he snags Rodney next time.
                    I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Great ep all time favs definatly! The wraith maybe have just been given new life as villains, no longer are they cardboard cutouts if theyfollow this right.

Perfecto!

Comment

Wow amazing episode!! Kolya is officially one evil dude but what a way to return!!! Overall 10/10 due to the fact of A) A Genii episode B) A Wraith- Shep team up C) A return of a sure- to -be classic villain. Just great!

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
                          Can't wait for the next Kolya episode!! I hope he snags Rodney next time.
                          You and me both!
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I thought this episode was amazing. For most of season two I was disappointed with a lot of the Sheppisodes, but this one was amazing! I thought he was brilliant and the whole thing about him making an alliance with the Wraith was really cool. And I hate Kolya, but he is such a good bad guy I am sort of grudgingly happy to see that he's not dead yet.

All in all, I thought this was a really good episode though the ending was rather predictable. Other than that, though, I was really impressed with 'Common Ground'.
                            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Wow, this season has been so strong so far, two increadible episodes so early on, Sateda and Common Ground. If SGA can keep this up I can see it running for a long, long, long, long time. I love Robert Davi as Koyla, a great actor and a great villian. It was such a great episode, I was so happy that Shep didn't get out by himself, the teamwork aspect was so cool. I could keep going just because it was so great.
                              My new favorite quote:
                              "Fly Lucius, fly"
                              -Rodney
                              My old favorite:
                              "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                              -Dr. Lee

Comment

Fantastic ep. Called the ending pretty quick, and it was too rushed...as always of late. But much love otherwise. My guts were twisted into knots all the way through it.

And Joe F. did a fantastic Job. Now if we can just get a Shep story with focus on Sheppard and his backstory, I'll be a happy fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X