PDA

View Full Version : Anime

Pages : 1 [2]

jmoz
July 7th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Recommend me some historical fantasy series, please.

I already watch Inuyasha, and Sengoku Basara- Samurai Kings.

Rurouni Kenshin. Story gets a bit more impactful and serious as you go on. The accompanying movies are pretty good too, I think superiour to the series in a way; Trust and Betrayal was kinda brutal to watch. There's also a live action movie with sequels on the way.

A few general recommendations for people: Fate Zero, Trigun, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes (best sci-fi anime I've seen and pretty deep).

Gatefan1976
July 7th, 2014, 03:17 AM
*Nurses Cowboy Beebob back to health*
YOU MONSTER!!!

jmoz
July 7th, 2014, 03:26 AM
*Nurses Cowboy Beebob back to health*
YOU MONSTER!!!

Whatever murse gatefan. lol, I liked Cowboy Bebop but it was mostly a western in space. Not really sci-fi in the traditional sense. Legend of the Galactic Heroes was the better sci-fi anime, I'd even put it up there next to TNG with regards to the philosophical musings and social commentary stuff.

mr_kennedy
July 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Cowboy Bebop was awesome i only watched it last year for the first time tho :o

Morgania have you seen Samurai Champloo? That's worth a watch and it fits what you were looking for earlier Steve Blum is the lead voice actor which is always a plus imo his my favorite v.a

Morgania
July 8th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are both on my to watch list.

mr_kennedy
December 19th, 2014, 08:32 PM
SOOOO it was recently announced Digimon is getting a new series called Digimon Tri probably be known as Digimon Adventure 03 for the english dub, and will feature the original digidestined :D the sub will air mid-2015

Digimon Adventure 01 is still one of my all time favorite animes right up there with Naruto and FMA/FMAB so it will be great to see the original characters back again

Master Chief Jack O Niell
December 29th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I've been watching Dragon Ball Z again, just finished watching first season earlier today. I'll probably start watching Yu Yu Hakusho and then Inuyasha since I didn't finish watching them when I stopped watching anime about 10 years ago.

Its awesome that digimon is coming back with the original characters, I actually lost interest in it after the second season.