• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they should bring in more advance Infantry guns to atlantis and sg1

i think they should bring in MK46s, MK48s, XM8s, MK16, MK17, and M107s

Originally posted by Davesg-43
    What is a MK46, MK48, MK16, MK17, and M107? To my knowledge we haven't seen an XM8 on either of the shows. But they need more M-249's, Railguns, and a THEL laser wouldn't hurt. It could probably handle hives without problems if it was sufficiently powered. The only problem would be making it so it doesn't deplete atlantis' shield when firing at things in space.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Do these other guns have 15 roounds per second fire rate? Are these other guns small, compact, light with a large ammo storage (ALL or nothing in this case)? I don't really think so. That's why the P90 is used, it also has very decent muzzle velocity.
      Last edited by Zatnikitelman; 24 August 2006, 08:25 PM.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

The XM8 was canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
          Do these other guns have 15 roounds per second fire rate? Are these other guns small, compact, light with a large ammo storage (ALL or nothing in this case)? I don't really think so. That's why the P90 is used, it also has very decent muzzle velocity.
          the biggest one is the MK48 and its only 38 in

Comment

Don't get so hung up on individual weapons.

Our strength isn't in the guns, it's in the people and the tactics.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
            - Stephen Colbert
            "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

the biggest one is the MK48 and its only 38 in
              That's about twice the length of a P90. The P90 is the most common weapon for versatility and close quarters combat. Most of the ones you listed are machine guns designed for more spread out gunfights. The P90 is also much more compact, much like an Uzi.

Comment

Maybe they should have the XM25.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/..._XM25,,00.html

Comment

I um...I can't understand any of this.

..................Go Stargate!
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                    I um...I can't understand any of this.

..................Go Stargate!
                    LOL
                    i reckon the P90 is the best for the show -it looks kool and is suitable for most military situations

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
                      LOL
                      i reckon the P90 is the best for the show -it looks kool and is suitable for most military situations
                      not realy, theres no point of using a P90 if the enemy isn't wearing aromr of a wraith

Comment

The P90 isn't suitable for most military situations. It is a Personel Defense Weapon meant to be issued to vehicle crews and NonComs just in case they have to shoot someone.

It is, however, very suitable for a television show. It is light, easy to carry, holds 1.76 times as many bullets, and it ejects downward. This last feature is the most important to the actors. Having getting hot brass caught in your shirt (or you pants) is not pleasent at all. Really, nothing ruins a day more than a cylindrical burn scar where the sun does not shine.

Really, they should be carrying a carbine rifle rather than a submachine gun. Considering that they often fight wilderness and in urban terain it is a good compromise between power, accuracy, range, and length.

The FN2000 is a pretty nice bullpup design for this purpose It even has a grenade launcher for that extra oomph. The AK-74U is also a very good choice. With the stock folded it is actually shorter then the P90 and it can mount a grenade launcher. It is a Russian weapon but that really doesn't matter. The P90 is Belgian. Of course, neither isn't as good for the actors as the P90.
                        Last edited by hyzmarca; 25 August 2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
                          The P90 isn't suitable for most military situations. It is a Personel Defense Weapon meant to be issued to vehicle crews and NonComs just in case they have to shoot someone.

It is, however, very suitable for a television show. It is light, easy to carry, holds 1.76 times as many bullets, and it ejects downward. This last feature is the most important to the actors. Having getting hot brass caught in your shirt (or you pants) is not pleasent at all. Really, nothing ruins a day more than a cylindrical burn scar where the sun does not shine.

Really, they should be carrying a carbine rifle rather than a submachine gun. Considering that they often fight wilderness and in urban terain it is a good compromise between power, accuracy, range, and length.

The FN2000 is a pretty nice bullpup design for this purpose It even has a grenade launcher for that extra oomph. The AK-74U is also a very good choice. With the stock folded it is actually shorter then the P90 and it can mount a grenade launcher. It is a Russian weapon but that really doesn't matter. The P90 is Belgian. Of course, neither isn't as good for the actors as the P90.
                          ur right about the shell hitting u, it realy hurts i know,and if it were me ide take an MK46 with 6.5 ammo

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
                            While it may be classed as a PDW, the P90 has been shown to successfully fill the role of a SMG. It has taken the place of the MP5 in SWAT teams in several cities in the US, and has been seen being used by the Secret Service (by guards on the White House lawn, no less).

On TV, the P90 is great. Cool looking and easy for the actors to weild. But I do hope that the FN SCAR appears in Stargate, once it has gone into general use by the real US special forces. Maybe in season 5 of Atlantis?

The SCAR is still going forward, right? Or has it been cancelled, like the XM-29 and the XM-8?

a time to mourn

Comment

Well, they do seem to be using other machine guns in Stargate, its just that SG-1 and Sheppard's team on SGA (do they have a name yet?) seem to use P90s. Usually when you see other SG teams being used for military backup, they use some bigger guns. I think the combination of versatility, and ease of use of the P90 is why SG-1 uses it. I mean, they're not a military force, they're supposed to be explorers, anything more than personal defense weapons might be too aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X