This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Time Dilation Device to rebuild/regroup

I am new but have been reading for a couple years now.

Question: The Ancients had perfected a time dilation device to create a haven for people to ascend in a relatively short period. Why did they not use this technology to Breed and produce weapons/technology in a short period?

Sorry if this was mentioned, I could not find it.

I haven't seen that specific method mentioned before, but there are lots of ways the Ancients could've defeated the Wraith. The simpliest answer is that in their arrogance and their unique culture, they didn't usually use brute force methods.

Here's an anology:
    You have a large backyard that is covered with LOTS of anthills. If you could slow down time and squish every ant, would you do it? No! You'd get some pesticides and spray it all over the yard. Its a more efficient, less tedius solution. That's what the Ancients were trying to do with the Asurians and other technologies they were trying to develop. They didn't use brute force methods . . . generally. The attempted wipe-out of the Asurians was probably an exception because they had enough firepower to do it. To follow the anology, the Asurians were a collection of about 10 flies in one room, which is easily solved using the brute force of a flyswatter.

Comment

Plus these are the ancients who then ascended and created this "prime directive" rule about not interfearing with lesser forms. We've seen that no matter how dangerous an enemy is the Ancients do not (most of the time) interfere, before the ascended they could have had the same general principle, that even though the wraith are by far one of the worst enemies in the pegasus, the ancients couldn't assume the responsiblity and moral questions that come up with using the time dialiation device to kill.
      sigpichttp://www.cafepress.com/newancients

Comment

Working...
      X