PDA

View Full Version : 200 (1006)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Considering the recent casting news, it's so neat that it was Daniel who ridiculed the idea of having a ticking clock on screen. :cool:

Yeah it's kinda funny now that you look at that.

Trek_Girl42
April 26th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah it's kinda funny now that you look at that.
LMAO.....that never even occured to me. Somewhat prophetic don't you think. ;)

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
LMAO.....that never even occured to me. Somewhat prophetic don't you think. ;)

Yeah somewhat. Though everytime I watch this ep I keep hoping they will make Teal'c PI.:D

Trek_Girl42
April 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah somewhat. Though everytime I watch this ep I keep hoping they will make Teal'c PI.:D
Ooh wouldn't that just be so much fun. :tealc:

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ooh wouldn't that just be so much fun. :tealc:
:indeed:

Jill_Ion
August 1st, 2007, 06:54 AM
Just watched it last night with my hub. It was the first of what will be several viewings. Haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time. Absolutely loved it!

In fact, I'm going to go watch it again now.

THANKS to everyone who made 200!!! One of my top faves of 10 seasons!!!

Two_L's
August 16th, 2007, 07:55 AM
it was silly, it was cheesy, but it was very funny. and better than i hoped it would be.

I laughed my whole way through

That pretty much sums up what I thought of it.:D It finally aired here tonight and I'd been avoiding spoilers, so I didn't know what to expect. It was so funny I still can't get rid of the silly smile on my face. :p

The episode's positives are many:

2. I liked the team interaction, and the scene at the end with everyone, including Walter, going through the gate was lovely.

3. Many of the inside jokes were quite amusing. It is obvious that the writers read the posts on Gateworld at times. I felt gratified as a fan. :)

I was so happy to see the original sg-1 team, as well as the "new" members going through the gate. Walter joining them (and getting changed super fast) was awesome!

This was definately made for the fans, and I can't thank them enough for making such a hilarious episode. :)

My favorite part about the Team America part was Jackson drawing on the board and the monitor. Obviously a direct reference to the movie, but with scribbles.

:lol: Daniel drawing on the monitor was so funny, but my favourite part was when the team as puppets went through the Stargate and left their strings behind, and then when they appeared on the other side, they just crumpled to a heap on the ground. I couldn't stop laughing. :D

Daniel-the-Lion's ultra bored look and the coffee mug just sold that shot for me.

The expressions on Cam, Daniel and Teal'c's faces as they were dressed like the scarecrow, lion and tin-man were classic. ;)

wedding-

What can I say I'm a jcak/Sma shipper I wanted it to be longer. I wanted a kiss, I wanted so much more. But I did enjoy the little we got.

I loved Silers "Why does this always happen to me?"

S/J all the way! It might have been a "fake" wedding, but it still made this shipper very happy. ;) (The reference to slash was also quite amusing.)

And ya gotta love poor Siler.

This was a true stargate fan-special, this 200. It was FULL of references to the series as a whole, subplots, puns, the works. They couldn't have made a better 200th ep. imo. Downright fantastic.

Indeed. :)

MechaThor
September 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
The more I watch this episode the more I like it!

I am not going to talk loads about it as theres TOO MUCH and i am sure what has been said can be said, And the Episode as a whole is not "real" and fits nowhere in the SG-1 timeline, there4 it kinda never happened. But heres my few points!

-Farscape bit was great! I wanted more! Maybe Baal as scorpious? Also Sam was very convincing as the 2nd blue girl ( I Don't knbwo how to spell her name...Cheana?)
- Thor got in on the fun, which was great!
- The Furlings where funny. But Mr Cooper as a furling fan that pretend cameo don't make me satisfied! I will still ask the question untill its done for real: "What about teh FURLINGS?"
- The Puppet Scene was excellent and the best (especailly daniel with the pen LOL) I want to see a Stargate Atlantis puppet version of its 1rst episode!
- Zombies: Why could that not have been a real episode

- One bad thing! Because the whole episode was not real (Walter changing cloths in a sec shows use that, plus the the makers said so!) Anyways beacuse it was not real that means invisible O'neill never happened. BOO!

Anyways a gd funny episode. Not as funny as the other "funny episodes" like Window of op, Urgo and The Other Guys. But still very gd!

John W
September 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I thought this episode was the funniest episode EVER! It really had me laughing my head off.

I won't say too much about it, as the whole episode was excellent. But here are my two favourite moments:

1. The "Star Trek" spoof. Despite having heard about it, I didn't expect them to go for a literal mickey-take of it. There were some great touches like the Star Trek sound-effects for various things and the authentic engine-core background. It's also surprising how just making the bridge lighting brighter can make the set look so wooden. I loved the actors' impressions of various characters, especially Daniel as McCoy and Brad Wright as Scotty (now THAT was a cameo! Who would've thought he'd do a great Scotty?). One question though, who was Teal'c supposed to be? I would guess Spock, but then what was with the bare chest?

2. The puppet version of the pilot. What a hoot! It was the most hilarious part of the episode. What was funniest was how they somehow managed to get the characters' gestures and expressions so absolutely perfect with the puppets, such as General Hammond pointing at the gate over his shoulder with his thumb. Carter and Daniel trying to do things like drawing and typing with their puppet hands were good too. I bet Don Davis had a great time being comical for once with that bit about "Make it spin!"

All in all, a terrific episode, managing to top the episode it's a sequel to. I will definitely be watching this episode many times in the future. Also, since I'm watching it on DVD, I was pleased to notice that they've actually gone to the trouble of recording TWO commentaries for it. Shame one isn't a cast commentary as that would've added to the hilarity, even if it's just Chris Judge doing that great belly laugh he does. LOL!

PG15
September 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
but then what was with the bare chest?

That's probably a parody of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!

*cough*

John W
September 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
That's probably a parody of KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!

*cough*

Ah! Of course! How could I not realise that, being a huge long-time Trek fan?

Thanks for that.

VSS
September 21st, 2007, 12:06 PM
I didn't watch much SG-1 after Season 8. So I truly loved this line:

Jack-
"Fishing. After that anything else would seem... pointless."

It took me a couple of viewings to finally understand that that one statement was a perfect metaphor for the entire series- and I believe it was meant to be taken that way.;)

Sp!der
September 24th, 2007, 10:37 AM
The funniest i ever saw, thats what i like about stargate, that there is action,drama and of course this great humour, i liked the scene were all went through the stargate at the end. it was awesome, thank u for this wonderfull show. Forget about the other sci-fi shows, stargate kick all their... u know what i mean. RDA rrrrrulez!!! and the best one was tealc,p. he was so funny..:cameron:

RoK
October 23rd, 2007, 04:06 AM
The funniest i ever saw, thats what i like about stargate, that there is action,drama and of course this great humour, i liked the scene were all went through the stargate at the end. it was awesome, thank u for this wonderfull show. Forget about the other sci-fi shows, stargate kick all their... u know what i mean. RDA rrrrrulez!!! and the best one was tealc,p. he was so funny..:cameron:

I have to agree with you, Sp!der, 200 is probably one of the funniest episodes in the series. I also like the Teal'c PI clip, that was funny. A couple of favorite quotes from the episode.

[Teal'c pitches a story to Martin Lloyd]
Announcer (Issac Hayes): When it comes to fighting crime, there's only one man keepin' the street safe, while keepin' it real.
[Teal'c, dressed in a trenchcoat and fedora, pitches a guy through a glass door. He strokes the brim of his hat]
Teal'c: In-deed.
Announcer: Teal'c PI, coming this fall.

[just before dialing the Stargate]
Puppet General Hammond: Sergeant, make it spin!
Puppet Sgt. Harriman: Spin? Sir.... it doesn't spin.
Puppet General Hammond: What? It has to spin, it's round. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I am the General, and I want it to spin! Now!

[O'Neill, while invisible, beams onto a Goa'uld Ship and defeats the guards. The rest of the team then beam on but are unable to find him]
O'Neill: Hello? Hand signals? I'm waving you over!

Teenage Teal'c: Yo! Wonderbread! You got that address figured out?
Teenage Daniel: Chill T! I'm like, translating as fast as I can!
Teenage Vala: I am so sick of being treated as an object to be worshiped! I am a real person with real feelings!
Teenage Daniel:: I don't think Mitchell likes me anymore...
Teenage Vala: I'm pregnant.

Silverwings
December 28th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Finally watched this with my wife. I was laughing more than she was, but I'm much more of a geek. Overall, I quite liked it, though I think it should have ended with the original SG-1 walking through the gate to the party. The "behind the scenes" bit after that was stupid. The only redeeming bit was the quote at the very end, but the swearing bits were not even remotely funny.

Brad Wright's cameo had more class than that whole last segment.

Then again, I never liked Wormhole XTreme, so just having that back was annoying.

Hand signals! :)

Integrabyte
December 30th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Never fancied episodes like this. They simply don't do it for me :P

Madeleine
December 30th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Not even at Christmas? This is just the sort of ep that is better after a large boozy meal :D

Integrabyte
December 30th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Not even at Christmas? This is just the sort of ep that is better after a large boozy meal :D

Never tried that way. Will try and will let you know :P

Esquin
January 18th, 2008, 06:25 PM
*sigh* What a waste.

We could of had a great episode with massive plot development and cgi effects and something really really great that did the shows 200 episodes justice.

Instead we got this disgrace.

suse
January 18th, 2008, 08:58 PM
*sigh* What a waste.

We could of had a great episode with massive plot development and cgi effects and something really really great that did the shows 200 episodes justice.

Instead we got this disgrace.

It had a few good bits. But the threads holding those bits together were very frayed :indeed:.

suse

Crichiel
January 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM
I knew when I came to this thread that I would find some pretty strong feelings one way or the other. These kinds of episodes never seem to get a middling rating from people. They are always a love it/hate it kind of ep. I liked season 10 a lot, and one of the reasons is because of this episode. I love love LOVE the humour and I have always enjoyed any movie or show that winks at (and even teases) the audience. I never take offence, especially with SG-1 because, while they tease us about the things we say and do, they are BRUTAL when it comes to making fun of themselves! OMG, I can't believe the way the actors let the Wormhole Extreme 'actors' make fun of the things they have said. Kudos, especially to MS and AT for allowing themselves to be ripped apart like that!

And do I feel it was a waste of the special 200th milestone? Absolutely not. I would have been so disappointed had it been a heavy dramatic one, and there is no way an action one could have lived up to everyone's expectations. I think the writers were smart not to try.

I loved all the in-jokes in this episode because the writers admitted their faults, rewarded long-time viewers, and showed us that they DO listen to the things we say, whether they follow our advice or not. And bully for them when they don't. Yes, they should pay attention to what the fans are saying, because we are the ones that keep them on. And if they see they are alienating (no pun intended) a large percentage of them, they might need to re-evaluate what they are doing. But they can't let the fans write the scripts. They would be bouncing all over the place depending on each group of fans. Just read any thread about Jack/Sam ship. There are three very distinct groups: ship, non-ship, and those that don't care. Which are they suppose to write for? Follow through with any one point of view and you lose the others.

There are types of eps I don't like either, but I don't believe they should stop trying different things. The one thing that I think makes this show stand out is it's range and flexibility when it comes to story telling. Law and Order and CSI and all those other 'big' shows don't hold my interest because every episode seems so interchangeable. How many SG-1 eps can you recognise within 30 seconds of the opening scene? Or a single quote? Now how many you recognise from one of those crime dramas? With all the different styles SG-1 tries, I am bound to dislike some of them, but again, are they a waste? No, I can almost always find at least one little tidbit, or continuing story thread in there to appreciate, and they all contribute to the overall product, which I think is pretty darn good!...Whew! Ok, I've gotten it out of my system now!:):):)

Darkglasses
February 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I loved 200 but I would have prefered it if it was actually part of continuity and not a silly little episode that 'didn't really occur'

stevearm07
March 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I thought I'd torture myself again and watch 200 again, that horrible, garbage, waste of an episode.

What really annoyed, wasn't the idiocy and un-likeability (it's a word!) of Martin Lloyd compared to Wormhole X-Treme, nor the pauses the whole cast make after every statement, not the general idiocy of the storyline....

it was the last 10 or so minutes where they spent interviewing Peter DeLuise, the girl who plays 'Sam' in Wormhole X-Treme and 'Dr Levant' whoever the **** he is.

I'm sorry but watching DeLuise act like a complete immature [mod snip], with 30 seconds of beeped out swearing isn't quite what I had in mind for a celebration of 200 episodes of SG-1.

Piss poor. One of the worst eps of SG-1 as far as I'm concerned. Not that I think [mod snip] will agree with me but thought I'd try my luck again.

Cameron Mitchel
March 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I thought I'd torture myself again and watch 200 again, that horrible, garbage, waste of an episode.

What really annoyed, wasn't the idiocy and un-likeability (it's a word!) of Martin Lloyd compared to Wormhole X-Treme, nor the pauses the whole cast make after every statement, not the general idiocy of the storyline....

it was the last 10 or so minutes where they spent interviewing Peter DeLuise, the girl who plays 'Sam' in Wormhole X-Treme and 'Dr Levant' whoever the **** he is.

I'm sorry but watching DeLuise act like a complete immature [snip], with 30 seconds of beeped out swearing isn't quite what I had in mind for a celebration of 200 episodes of SG-1.

Piss poor. One of the worst eps of SG-1 as far as I'm concerned. Not that I think [snip] will agree with me but thought I'd try my luck again.
The worst episode ever made. The 200th episode should have been serious, dealing with the threat at large, the Ori.

rlr149
March 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
oh god, another haters thread.

i'd rather have watched it again than read this ;)

SylvreWolfe
March 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hell, I liked it. One of the best of the series. It was light, funny, and a great break from the monotony.

March 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I liked it. :cameron:

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Dude thats pretty damn nasty. I'd report you for that post if I actually cared.

Since we can't honestly say how any of you would react to this episode had it not been the 200th can we just agree to disagree?

That meaning that we jsut admit that you may of still liked it but there is an equal chance you may not of?

At the very least you guys need to admit that the 200th episode was aimed at a very specific portion of the fan base. Which could of potentially made alot of people scratch their heads and wonder what was going on.

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Did someone just merge a thread about 200 with unending?

P-90_177
March 8th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Did someone just merge a thread about 200 with unending?

Apparently. And deleted a load of posts.

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Looks like. Seems one of the mods is on abit of a nazi trip.

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Could a mod come and explain what just happened? Why we lost 2 pages of discussion, had the thread merged with unending and then sent here?

P-90_177
March 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Looks like. Seems one of the mods is on abit of a nazi trip.

i wouldn't say that. the discussion could have done with starting here anyway.

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah but deleting the whole damn thread except for the ones saying it was good was abit much don't you think?

Madeleine
March 8th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I tried to merge with the 200 thread, missed, and hit Unending.

I lost all but the first six posts of the new merged-in thread. I'm hunting for the rest. Sorry!

Madeleine
March 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah but deleting the whole damn thread except for the ones saying it was good was abit much don't you think?

I'd love to know how stevearm's post and the two that followed are 'saying it was good' ;)

Do tell! :D

Esquin
March 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Well besides his obviously but yeah jsut seemed like abit of bias was in play when most of the nevative posts went missing. Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but im sure you can see why I did.

Madeleine
March 8th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, it's always easier than asking a question, or than assuming the bst of people ;)

If anyone else finds the missing posts, do tell a mod. I think the forum ate them though :(

P-90_177
March 8th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, it's always easier than asking a question, or than assuming the bst of people ;)

If anyone else finds the missing posts, do tell a mod. I think the forum ate them though :(

Ah yes. The legendary Gateworld Black hole. I always feared such a thing exsisted. :P

rlr149
March 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Dude thats pretty damn nasty. I'd report you for that post if I actually cared.

if thats to me then why even mention it if you care so little? methinks you lie;)

Since we can't honestly say how any of you would react to this episode had it not been the 200th can we just agree to disagree?

That meaning that we jsut admit that you may of still liked it but there is an equal chance you may not of?

you said "no one would like it if it wasn't the 200th"(paraphrased for bad modding ;) ) you projected your opinion onto me and you are wrong
because i don't think like you ;) (thank THOR for that)

At the very least you guys need to admit that the 200th episode was aimed at a very specific portion of the fan base. Which could of potentially made alot of people scratch their heads and wonder what was going on.

i have no problem admitting that, it is for the fans, and while i don't want every episode to be like it, i enjoyed it because it was something different and shows that they don't take it overly seriously (bad thing for any sci-fi show) and i was in the states just before 200 aired(flew back the day before:S) so if you missed the amount of advertising stating it was the 200th, thats your problem. like i say, if you think that 1 single episode for the 'die hard' fans is out of order given that 199(maybe 198) previous episodes were for 'the lowest common denominator', from a fan basis, then you're not a fan ;)

if you don't 'get' the humour then.................. meh, your loss

Thor_Enke
April 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I enjoyed watching this episode. It's very funny ^^ :cameron:
And I don't think it's such a waste :jack:
Indeed, we relax and laugh during the watching, so ... :)
I think it's enough for me to judge that it's a good episode :cameron:

farcue
April 18th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Yeah id certainly say the episode WASNT a waste. I mean it didnt develop the story of season ten at all but then again neither did half the other episodes considering how much of SG is non story arc filler!

PErsonally i found a lot of the episode hilarious and as far as filler ep's go one of the best! I laughed at almos tthe whole thing and even my mate who isnt a hardcore fan, jsut the ocassional viewer found it funny. The puppet bit was amazing...

Carter "So it connects two differernt points in... superconduting energy rings... wormhole... just because my sex organs are on the inside"

Or something to that effect.

Jackson: "So its true the achient pyramids really were landing sites for extra terrestrial spacecraft who enslaved the populations of earth."
Hammond: "...well, we found the ring in the sand?"

also made me chuckle.

L E E
August 17th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Well, I skipped the rest of this season. And season 9. Mainly because the reason I started watching this series is no longer a regular cast member.

But this episode I watched because I expected it to be special. And it was. I actually like Wormhole X-treme. This ep is much bettter!

I liked:
1. the puppet scenes - best bit is Puppet Daniel's writing. All the puppets were so like the originals.

2. the farscape scenes - the best bit is Thor (I assume it was Thor and not some other Asgard) as that annoying little alien.

3. the star trek scenes - best bit is Sam's *blink, blink*

4. wizard of oz scenes - best bit is when they showed the 3 guys in the costume

5. invisible jack! - even though I can't see him there, I still loved all of it.

Flyboy
August 19th, 2008, 04:25 AM
I liked the episode, but I do wish something had actually happened...

LordAnubis82
September 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
how did Martin get a cell signal? he's 1,000 meters (over 3,000 ft) DEEP inside a mountain. wouldn't all that rock and concrete and steel block the cell signal.

anyone?

EvenstarSRV
September 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
how did Martin get a cell signal? he's 1,000 meters (over 3,000 ft) DEEP inside a mountain. wouldn't all that rock and concrete and steel block the cell signal.

anyone?

I think the writers just 'hung a lantern' on that by having Martin joke about how bad cell phone reception was there. :D

Ulkesh47
December 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
The moment when Jack, Daniel, Carter, Teal'c, Cameron, Vala, Landry and Walter go through the gate brings a tear to my eye.

hedwig
December 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM

anyone?

In another episode or two, Sam is seen to be carrying her cell phone with her in her pocket while in her lab or the briefing room, and she gets a call on it. So there seems to be some way a cell phone signal can reach cell phones that far down in the mountain. Never gets explained how that is possible.

Automission
January 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm guessing all the "real" scenes in this episode are non canon, I.e Walter going through the gate, etc? Overall I liked it, except for the Wormhole X-treme bit at the end. Since they were representing thing's the actual stargate actors have said, it seemed rather depressing to show them as being quite rude, and such.
Mainly dr laven/Michael shanks. I'm not sure how much of it was true, but it still felt pretty embarrassing to show them as being so rude.

Crazedwraith
January 24th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Teal'c has all the best lines in this. "I have been reflecting as we changed into our gear", "You are quite transparent, O'Neill" and of course "Iiiin-deeeeeeeeeeeed"

Plus this must be RDA's best guest spot. He really seems to enjoy the comic aspect of his role in the episode. I love the fishing scene.

Replicator Todd
February 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
I forgot how hilarious and awesome this episode is! I love all the random-scenarios. I wish it would happen more often. I love Cam's scenarios like the Zombie thing at the beginning was awesome! The furlings were just like Ewoks! The Farscape thing! Teal'c detective scene was the coolest!

CaramelMonkey
February 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
I forgot how hilarious and awesome this episode is! I love all the random-scenarios. I wish it would happen more often. I love Cam's scenarios like the Zombie thing at the beginning was awesome! The furlings were just like Ewoks! The Farscape thing! Teal'c detective scene was the coolest!

Haha! Yeah! All the scenarios were hilarious! Teal'c P.I was ...awesome. Seriously. No one can top that. :D

And invisible Jack? Priceless! :P Oh! And we FINALLY got to meet the Furlings! F I N A L L Y. Even if it wasn't for that long. :P

And the puppets! Hammond was funny, with the whole "I want it to spin thing."

:P

I just loved the ep. :D

HPMom
March 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
I'm guessing all the "real" scenes in this episode are non canon, I.e Walter going through the gate, etc? Overall I liked it, except for the Wormhole X-treme bit at the end. Since they were representing thing's the actual stargate actors have said, it seemed rather depressing to show them as being quite rude, and such.
Mainly dr laven/Michael shanks. I'm not sure how much of it was true, but it still felt pretty embarrassing to show them as being so rude.

I love this episode too, I just watched it again today. The young edgy cast was really hilarious. So much in there was too funny!

I wondered the same thing as you. How much of what they were saying during the Wormhole part were inside jokes concerning what actually happened, especially the Dr Lavin part. If it didn't really happen like that then it's okay, but if it did then that part is in poor taste.

major davis
March 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
This episode was so dumb

John's PuddleJumper
March 3rd, 2009, 02:23 AM
This episode was so dumb

Thank you I SO agree I know that something had to be done for the 200th epi but surely something better?

adamisme
March 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
the episode might not have had a real story at all, but it was meant as a little bit of fun for the cast and crew after 200 episodes of the series, enjoyed all the little gags in it, like changing into their gear etc

leiasky
March 3rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
And we FINALLY got to meet the Furlings! F I N A L L Y. Even if it wasn't for that long. :P

Thankfully, that isn't what they're really meant to look like since nothing in the episode was real.

I'd like the Furlings to look like something completely different than their name implies.

Maybe one day one of the Stargate teams will come across them. . . or the remnants of them.

CaramelMonkey
March 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
This episode was so dumb

You really think that? I think you, and JPJ are the first people I've come across who disliked the ep...

But then again, I gotta get around the forums more...

leiasky
March 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
You really think that? I think you, and JPJ are the first people I've come across who disliked the ep...

But then again, I gotta get around the forums more...

I didn't like the episode, despite it having one of my favorite (wedding!) scenes in it.

Ulkesh47
March 7th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I love every second of this episode.

Commander Aegir
March 10th, 2009, 02:56 PM
My favourite bit is with the puppets and daniel is writing on the board but its just scribble and hammonds line "i'm the general, i want it to spin"

HPMom
March 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
My favourite bit is with the puppets and daniel is writing on the board but its just scribble and hammonds line "i'm the general, i want it to spin"

My kids love this bit and are always quoting it. "Well... we found the ring in the sand." The Daniel puppet drawing on the board is hilarious! And when the puppets go through the gate it's just too funny.

The other day I saw a preview to the new Star Trek movie and I could only think, it's a "younger and edgier" Star Trek.

oniel193
March 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Teal'c has all the best lines in this. "I have been reflecting as we changed into our gear", "You are quite transparent, O'Neill" and of course "Iiiin-deeeeeeeeeeeed"

Plus this must be RDA's best guest spot. He really seems to enjoy the comic aspect of his role in the episode. I love the fishing scene.

yeah i agree teal'c always says stuff like indeed I even started saying it some

CaramelMonkey
March 30th, 2009, 09:00 PM
yeah i agree teal'c always says stuff like indeed I even started saying it some

OhMyGosh! After watching stargate I find myself saying "Holy Hannah", "Indeed" and "For Crying Out Loud" so much! :P

I agree with you guys. The puppet scene was hilarious. :D

The Stig
April 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
This is a very funny episode that really brings out the humerous qualities of the characters. it is a shame there are not a lot of this type of episode

raduzhok
April 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Hmmmm I'd posted in a thread about 200 but it's not here. There must be another thread about it.

The Stig
April 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Funniest episode of the series. It was good to see another episode which shows how funny the actors can be.

AtlantisRules!!!
April 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I can only think of one thing that could have improved it... Jonas coming back for the ep :D

bunny fear
April 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I watched it I think for the 3rd time today and although I was quite disappointed when I forst watched the ep, I enjoy the in jokes and the little sketches like the Farscape and Teal'c P.I bits. The puppet bit has also grown on me....overall it was just nice to have O'Neill back!

Jumper_One
April 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Laura writes: “Which was your favorite walk on part and how do you direct while you perform you little parts?”

PDL: My favorite cameo - “Wormhole X-treme” and “200”. I actually got to say something, and it was silly. The way I direct when I’m in front of the camera is simple. We can play back recorded takes for me to review or I can just trust the people watching the monitors… (which I usually do.)

Delynn writes: “In 200, you let out an impressive stream of expletives that lasted for a very long time! Did you have to borrow from other languages to keep that going, or did you repeat a couple?”

PDL: I repeated many.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/april-22-2009-director-peter-deluise-answers-your-questions-another-upcoming-guest-blogger/

Alan Wake
July 2nd, 2009, 03:23 AM
Just watched the puppet clip from this episode.

The one thing I noticed that was strange is when they walked through the gate, it shut off and cut their strings... but when they came out on the other side it was still open :P

That's always gonna bug me now hehe.

Oh well, good thing this episode is just for fun.

Mis.Understood
July 7th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Love this episode. Haven't laughed so hard for ages. :)

Nanjana
July 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
This epi was fantastic, I was giggling the whole time! Love the wizzard of oz thing. hehehe And the Cam Zombie idea, this man looks great!;)

greytop
August 17th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I enjoyed the whole episode except the very end when they were talking about X-teme's 200. I rather have the real actors talk about it.

SaUr0n
August 19th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Funny episode.Good to see the inside jokes of the producers, all in one episode.
"Weapons at maximum".People like to hear that.Same joke like on AoT;))

lystelle
August 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
The episode makes fun of itself, other science fiction, while at the same time respecting the genre and their fans, and giving a nod to their fans for several things, and taking itself almost seriously at the same time...what's not to love?!?!?! I love that for the two big mile stones (i.e. 100th/200th episodes), they decided to have fun...good on them.

My favorites were the Jack/Sam wedding, because I LOVE them. And I loved the Farscape bit-and what made it GREAT was that Daniel was playing John.

Window of Opportunity is the only episode that rivals this one!

Alan Wake
August 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Walters first time through the gate? :)

I love it when they called him down, was so funny.

It was all so causal, inviting the general along and such lol.

greytop
August 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Walters first time through the gate? :)

I love it when they called him down, was so funny.

It was all so causal, inviting the general along and such lol.Walter, I believe, went through the gate in S6, Ep 1 or 2.

Mis.Understood
August 24th, 2009, 12:29 AM
The episode makes fun of itself, other science fiction, while at the same time respecting the genre and their fans, and giving a nod to their fans for several things, and taking itself almost seriously at the same time...what's not to love?!?!?! I love that for the two big mile stones (i.e. 100th/200th episodes), they decided to have fun...good on them.

My favorites were the Jack/Sam wedding, because I LOVE them. And I loved the Farscape bit-and what made it GREAT was that Daniel was playing John.

What Episode was the 100th?

Alan Wake
August 24th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Walter, I believe, went through the gate in S6, Ep 1 or 2.

REDEMPTION part 1 and 2, isn't this the episode where the stargate doesn't work? and won't shut down? How could he go through the gate?

lystelle
August 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM
What Episode was the 100th?

Wormhole Extreme!

Mis.Understood
August 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Wormhole Extreme!

Oh right. Thanks :)

Rac80
August 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I can only think of one thing that could have improved it... Jonas coming back for the ep :D
yes we needed jonas back!

I agree with this. I found the commentary for the ep to be fun--- MS and BB decided to switch their roles in the farscape spoof... what fun it turned out to be. :D

suse
August 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I enjoyed the whole episode except the very end when they were talking about X-teme's 200. I rather have the real actors talk about it.

You, I thought it would have been more fun with our actors too. I thought that bit was in poor taste.

And that's after having seen the Vala as Dorothy bit. :mckay: Though that wasn't poor taste, it was just *wrong*.

I thought the puppets were funny.

suse

Ashizuri
August 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
You, I thought it would have been more fun with our actors too. I thought that bit was in poor taste.

And that's after having seen the Vala as Dorothy bit. :mckay: Though that wasn't poor taste, it was just *wrong*.

I thought the puppets were funny.

suse

I agree, I didn't like the Wizard of Oz skit either. Vala and Mitchell shouldn't have been in that one, seeing as Jack was the one who always made the "Over the Rainbow" references, specifically saying "Hail, Dorothy" to Sam in Seth. Were there even any Oz shout-outs in season 9/10? I didn't much like the young!sg-1 skit either, or the bit at the end with the "actor interviews."

Puppet!Hammond demanding the gate spin was my favorite part of the episode. The whole puppet skit made me laugh. Invisible!Jack was great as well. And Mitchell as Captain Kirk made me giggle. BB had the Shatner delivery down perfect.

greytop
August 27th, 2009, 12:11 PM
REDEMPTION part 1 and 2, isn't this the episode where the stargate doesn't work? and won't shut down? How could he go through the gate?My mistake. It was S7, Ep 1, where Daniel come back.

Dindirindin
September 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM
I've never seen an episode like this in any other TV serie.
The gags are hilarious. Cam zombies idea, star trek, joung SG-1, DETECTIVE TEAL'C!! and my favourite: Stargate puppets.
Where can I buy 1??? lol

04pentep
October 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I've never seen an episode like this in any other TV serie.
The gags are hilarious. Cam zombies idea, star trek, joung SG-1, DETECTIVE TEAL'C!! and my favourite: Stargate puppets.
Where can I buy 1??? lol

the puppets or episode

Mrs. Daniel Jackson
October 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Omg! this episode is awesome!!!!
I loved every minute of it,
well I loved the puppets the first time around, but now I tend to skip it because it just goes on and on for soooo long!!! :S
I just wanna know did anyone else freak and think they missed an episode when the Furlings showed up during the “Previously on Stargate SG-1” ??? I only ever watched them on DVD so I was like “crap did I miss a disk in some season?????”
:P I freaked out! I spent like twenty minutes to half an hour looking through all the DVD cases to see if I missed one…THEN I gave up started watching “200”, and when they say “that never happened” I just about died laughing at how dumb I was!!!!!!
As puppet Walter says “I feel SO STUPID!”
but seriously I’ve rewatched this like 10 times since I first saw it 2 or 3 months ago!
Quick question though, at the interviews at the end, did Save Dr.Daniel Jackson really put an ad in a magazine??? I’d love to see that if they did and anyone has a link!!! :)

-Kat

LuxFestinus
October 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Just watched the puppet clip from this episode.

The one thing I noticed that was strange is when they walked through the gate, it shut off and cut their strings... but when they came out on the other side it was still open :P

That's always gonna bug me now hehe.

Oh well, good thing this episode is just for fun.

This can be explained by putting it into context. Right before the puppet scene it was explained that anything that can happen basically does in different parallel universes. Thus in this particular universe the stargate remained open on the other end.;)

discodiva
October 31st, 2009, 04:50 PM
I think I shall have to watch this episode again......I miss my SG-1 and the humour of it all....I absolutely LOVED the Farscape and Star Trek segments they did!....I thought all the cast were absolutely brilliant with their characterisations....:daniel::cameron::tealc::sam::vala:

Deeds xx

stargatelover4ever
December 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Omg! this episode is awesome!!!!
I loved every minute of it,
well I loved the puppets the first time around, but now I tend to skip it because it just goes on and on for soooo long!!! :S
I just wanna know did anyone else freak and think they missed an episode when the Furlings showed up during the “Previously on Stargate SG-1” ??? I only ever watched them on DVD so I was like “crap did I miss a disk in some season?????”
:P I freaked out! I spent like twenty minutes to half an hour looking through all the DVD cases to see if I missed one…THEN I gave up started watching “200”, and when they say “that never happened” I just about died laughing at how dumb I was!!!!!!
As puppet Walter says “I feel SO STUPID!”
but seriously I’ve rewatched this like 10 times since I first saw it 2 or 3 months ago!
Quick question though, at the interviews at the end, did Save Dr.Daniel Jackson really put an ad in a magazine??? I’d love to see that if they did and anyone has a link!!! :)

-Kat

I know what you mean with the furlings :D the same thing happend to me too lol.

I liked a lot this episode. He is so off-topic comparatively to the other stargate episodes that you gotta love it :) When I first watched it I didn't understand all the inside jokes and even now, when I re-watch, I sometimes have the impression I've found another inside-joke that I skiped last time.lol.

I love the Farscape parody and i'm so glad Ben and Michael traded places because it's really funny seeing Michael playing Ben's role:lol:
I also loved the idea of putting the actors from Wormhole X-Treme to talk in the real ones places.
and I could go on like this for ages but I;ll stop here for now :D

Medicman
January 14th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know what the super top secret mission file that Cam doesn't know about and doesn't need to know about is?

Thats been bugging me for a while now. I feel like I should know what it is but I can't figure it out.

Other than that this episode is awesome! One of the funniest SG-1 episodes of all time!

Pharaoh Atem
January 14th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know what the super top secret mission file that Cam doesn't know about and doesn't need to know about is?

Thats been bugging me for a while now. I feel like I should know what it is but I can't figure it out.

Other than that this episode is awesome! One of the funniest SG-1 episodes of all time!

the whole ep was a joke there was no mission

Medicman
January 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Ok. I was really hoping that there was some mission out there that we didn't know about. :( Im a bit disappointed.

stargatelover4ever
January 14th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Ok. I was really hoping that there was some mission out there that we didn't know about. :( Im a bit disappointed.

My theory,if we forget the whole episode it's a big joke, would be that the file that Cam didn't know about contained informations from a mission to the planet were they were supposed to go for Cam's 200th trip through the gate. So I think the SGC was keeping the secret that that planet was already explored because I can't explain how they've organized a party on a completely unknown planet:D

PlutoniumTangent
February 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
This episode had me in stitches!
I'm pretty new to Stargate (became a fan a couple of weeks ago after seeing Michael Shanks in Burn Notice; yes, I'm a bit behind the times) but I've been watching episodes like crazy and this one was just brilliant. I loved the part with the puppets when they went through the gate and left the strings behind... Genius XD
It's nice to have a sci fi tv show around that doesnt take itself (or anyone else) too seriously ^^

Also... is it just me, or in the Trek sketch did Daniel look rather fine with the graying hair and the uniform? ; P

Yes, yes, I'm a hopeless Jackson fangirl...

Whatsername
March 24th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Can't help but love this episode,
The fourth time I've seen it and I still can't help but have a good giggle about it
They do well doing "comedy" heheheh

-Plot::Twist-
April 4th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Martin Lloyd (Willie Garson) returns to the S.G.C. looking for assistance from SG-1 with his feature film script. The team is reluctant, especially Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), who is excited about his next off-world mission which marks the 200th trip through the event horizon. However, when technical glitches prevent the team from gating off-world, they are stuck in the boardroom under the orders of General Landry (Beau Bridges), because the Pentagon believes a successful science fiction film about intergalatic wormhole travel will serve as a good cover story to keep the Stargate Program a secret.

200th trip through the event horizon...that is BS! Is that for SG-1, or for the SGC? If it is for the SGC, then that's 20 trips a year. And if it is SG-1, that doesn't work either. They go though more then 20 times a year.

Its Mitchell's 200th trip

mrscopterdoc
April 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I *love* this episode....my favorite out of all of them!

Fan-e-Gate
May 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
On hulu they have this (up there until May 15, 2010) listed as Remember When (200), anyone know why?

ETA: Found out why. On Joseph Mallozz's blog he said that was the original title.

AVFan
May 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM

They're referring to the events that took place in the episode '1969'. Minus the facetious parts about O'Neill being Mitchell's dad, of course.

Treadders
May 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Just watched this again recently. They made a special about this that aired after the show itself....anyone know what it was called or where to get it?

Martina Magnus
July 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I've watched this ep like 100 times ? :) Great episode :D

escyos
August 15th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I like totally just realised that the young mitchell guy is the guy out of glee...

Faith318
August 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Ooh, yeah, I want to know where to find the special as well!

Pharaoh Atem
August 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Just watched this again recently. They made a special about this that aired after the show itself....anyone know what it was called or where to get it?

maybe the full series box set

GateGhost
December 1st, 2010, 11:27 AM
It's on hulu. I've seen it.

blueray
January 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM
the whole ep was a joke there was no mission

they were talking about the episode 1969. when they went back in time.

i really loved this episode, i've rewatched it a few times now. i do wish that they made an episode about invisible o'neill. it would have made a great episode.

i loved all the making fun of pop-culture stuff. especially the farscape one, star trek and the puppets. i also liked: when marin was like "who does theme songs" a really quick version of sg-1's theme goes on. and of course i think was sam "maybe something they don't expect" then o'neill walks in lol.

overall was one of my favorites of the show.

chrono trigger
January 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
wasnt keen on this episode when i first watched it but now i love it.

maneth
January 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Loved Sam & Jack's wedding, invisible O'Neill, the Furlings, the Trek spoof and Farscape, but the rest was just okay.

mathpiglet
June 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM
I love this episode. It shows that the franchise can poke fun at itself. The gentle teasing of the fans with the comments at the wedding make me laugh every time!

Several thumbs up!

However, I have it on the best authority that Furlings don't really look like that!

escyos
July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I remember downloading this episode, sitting down to watch it, then seeing the Furlings rock up, pause the episode, freak out that I may have missed something super important, search the internet for references to it before playing the episode and realising what was going on.

Morgania
August 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hilarious episode. Loved the Farscape part after watching that show.

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM
200 is on the main Wikipedia page today as the Featured Article :D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)

KimCheeWarrior
September 5th, 2011, 10:39 PM
phenomenal episode, hands down one of the top five sg-1 episodes. in fact, its the only episode that i actually wanted to watch twice in a row, back to back. its episodes like this that really show just how much fun the cast of the show had in doing their jobs. favorite segment was probably jack's invisibility problem.

when jack once again donned the sg-1 uniform and walked through the gate for old times sake, i noticed landry and walter talking about having a cake ready and streamers and what not, was there supposed to be a surprise, belated bon voyage party for jack at the destination or something?

that scene where marty tells vala to come up with a rip-off thats more obscure, for some reason the first thing i thought of was andromeda. the long haired teal'c is what set off this perception but i didnt know for sure because i didnt watch andromeda all that much. one of the few things i remember is that there was a long haired black guy on the show hence teal'c with the long hair. for some reason the asgard in that scene made me laugh out loud, not sure if his presence was meant to be that funny.

i laughed more in this episode than any other episode in all of sg-1, i havent laughed this hard in awhile. well done.

KimCheeWarrior
September 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I remember downloading this episode, sitting down to watch it, then seeing the Furlings rock up, pause the episode, freak out that I may have missed something super important, search the internet for references to it before playing the episode and realising what was going on.
lol, don't feel bad, i did the exact same thing thinking that i mightve missed an important episode. it was ingenious how they flawlessly inserted that fake "previous episode" footage in there.

LT. COL. John Sheppard
October 29th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Loved Sam & Jack's wedding, invisible O'Neill, the Furlings, the Trek spoof and Farscape, but the rest was just okay.
i LOVED startrek puppets and invisible o'neill but otherwise

globalastro
December 11th, 2011, 12:07 AM
..... Cory Monteith!! wtf?! At least he wasn't trying to dance awkwardly!

When I noticed him, I almost fell out of my chair!

during the "younger cast" option

LT. COL. John Sheppard
January 15th, 2012, 03:22 AM
this is my 200th post! yay so as all ways were better then 200 i loved invisible O'Neill, Teal'c P.I., and Star Trek LOL

LT. COL. John Sheppard
January 15th, 2012, 03:23 AM
..... Cory Monteith!! wtf?! At least he wasn't trying to dance awkwardly!

When I noticed him, I almost fell out of my chair!

during the "younger cast" option
he was also in SGA the storm listed as a genii private

Mackandal
January 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Just watched this and I can`t believe there are haters. Why is it so hard to accept one just for fun joke episode? Were they really that desperate for more "serious canon dark Ori storyline" that they couldn`t wait one more week and just enjoy this hilarious episode? Even my brother, who is determined to hate any show I like, laughed out loud at the Ewok-Furling scene.

suse
January 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Just watched this and I can`t believe there are haters. Why is it so hard to accept one just for fun joke episode? Were they really that desperate for more "serious canon dark Ori storyline" that they couldn`t wait one more week and just enjoy this hilarious episode? Even my brother, who is determined to hate any show I like, laughed out loud at the Ewok-Furling scene.

Nope, I was not desperate for a "serious canon dark Ori storyline" at all. In fact, I despised the storyline from start to finish. :S. I like the fun eps. This was very uneven imo. Parts were funny (I loved the puppets) but others felt like a smack in the face. I'm not a fan of Mitchell, though until this ep I trued to like *something* about him. Part of the premise was him actually having kept count of his trips thru the gate. :rolleyes: I gave up the night I saw this ep, especially after The Making of 200 documentary. I was not a fan of Vala (though there were flashes where I liked her in some of the latter S10 eps). Coop decided that because many fans seemed to like the Oz references that he would add one. Great. Except the Oz thing was an O'Neill thing - and Dorothy was Sam, *not* Vala. The Wormhole Extreme gag at the end of the ep was meant to be funny, with many in-jokes. I didn't laugh once, even when I got the joke. I'm certain there were other bits that I liked besides the puppets, but they were so overshadowed by other tripe... <<sigh>>

Dave2
February 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Absolutely the dumbest and most boring episode of the first nine and half years of the series.

Gen. Chris
February 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Absolutely the dumbest and most boring episode of the first nine and half years of the series.

It wasn't supposed to be serious. It was celebrating 200 episodes while poking fun at other shows and even itself.

suse
February 5th, 2012, 07:40 PM
It wasn't supposed to be serious. It was celebrating 200 episodes while poking fun at other shows and even itself.

Poking fun and dumb are not synonymous. Look at Galaxy Quest. That was well-done poking fun. (And I'm not talking budget, I'm talking writing & acting.)

Dave2
February 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Well, Wormhole X-Treme was also not serious but was much better.......I give 200 a C- and Wormhole X-Treme a B-.

Gate_Builder
February 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I liked parts of this episode because they were funny, and fun to reference some other shows too, but... whenever I watch "200", I don't feel like I actually watched an episode of Stargate. I guess in that one sense, it is a little bit disappointing, but I do like anything stargate, so I guess it's not all that bad.

Trig
February 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Anyone else find wathcing this now a bit depressing, afterall theres talk of cancellations etc during the show and after 200 is when the crew/cast found out the show wasn't coming back...

SamanthaJenniferChloe
April 24th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Hello! :cool:

I don't find watching 200 to be depressing. I know that the show did not continue but I think that it is really amazing that Stargate SG1 got to episode 200. I also think that there is always the possibility that there could be more movies or some other continuation down the line.

I am a very big Farscape fan and the whole sequence of Farscape was just so funny. It was nice to see such a lighthearted take on it.

I really liked the rest of the segments too. However the puppet one was just a little well wrong and creepy. It was at least to me. ;)

mathpiglet
May 8th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I still love it! And two commentaries! Bonus!

Jae'a
May 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
My LiveJournal post (http://jo-r-lee.livejournal.com/52973.html)

Indeed. :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
May 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
That was an awesome episode. One of the best SG-1 ep ever. Loved all the spoofs, the short opening, all the Stargate Spoofs. Damn did Peter DeLuise look different at the end of the ep. I give it a ****. Next weeks episode looks interesting.
Those sequences with Peter were hilarious.

I think 200 happened in continuity, but not as we saw it. Like Jack wasn't there, Mitchell's 200th wasn't that much of a big deal (just a typical recon), and some of the other crazy things. I think the episode that takes place in continuity is called "Remember When."

I remember a couple of days after the episode aired, SciFi cancelled us :(. That was a dark day, and very crappy timing.

Tomorrow, Adria's back and she's all grown up.

Lieutenant Sparrow
May 9th, 2012, 12:30 AM
A very funny ep. I loved invisible jack, star trek, OZ and the puppets.

Some ways the puppets moved were hilarious. And the boys dressed up as the characters from oz. Especially Teal'c. Hilarious.

Loved all the references to the fans and writers.

jelgate
May 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
This is one of the episodes where you have to judge it in context. The more serious SG1 episodes should be judged in a serious context and the humor episodes should be judged with a humor context. Its also an episode I remembered being bored out of my skull the first time I saw it. However, repeated watchings and being educated in the Stargate fandom has given me a deeper appreciation of this episode. Being fan and knowing the behind the scenes stuff of Stargate makes the jokes of this epiosde all the more funny and on that merit because the episode is a big satire of SG1 is why I love this episode a lot. The only one I don't care for is the young SG1 and that is mostly because of the SGU bashers

Krisz
May 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Always a fun episode if watched for just what it is, a wonderful wander through Sci Fi cliches and nods to great Sci Fi shows I've enjoyed over the years.

Also full of self-depreciating humourous references which completes the enjoyable rewatch factor of this episode for me. The references to the original movie made as the puppet show was hilarious, made more enjoyable by the fact I loved 'Thunderbirds' as a kid. The Farscape spoof was well done, funny seeing Crichton as Stark! AT made a great looking Chianna, and Thor, well, perfect casting for Rigel! :P :D

Matt G
May 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Welll...I told you back in '06 how I viewed this ep...

1. "Which ep you're watching?" "200...the wierd one..." "Too right wierd".

2. They really took the mick out of Mitchell here...

3. Far**** parody...wierd...

4. "Act 3 just ends" Fade to black...

Meh...

Brother Freyr
May 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
I remembered being bored out of my skull the first time I saw it. However, repeated watchings and being educated in the Stargate fandom has given me a deeper appreciation of this episode.:indeed:

My experience was similar. Series re-watches, audio commentaries, cast & crew interviews, and the fan community transformed my appreciation of the episode. "200" is a laugh-fest for me now.

"It has to spin! I'm the general. I want it to spin!"

mrscopterdoc
June 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
love Love LOVE this eppy!

themaster
June 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
The funniest thing about this episode was when the puppet daniel jackson.. did his drawings.. but what was even funnier is when he drew the symbols on the monitor incorrectly and I remembered that scene was from the original stargate movie :D

Darian
July 3rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
AWESOME EPISODE The worst part was those stupid puppets but the best was the rest of the show I love this episode

Darkland
July 11th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I loved this episode (but not at first viewing though) re-watched it again today as I only just got season 10 a few weeks ago. I thought it was funny. For a 200th episode, I couldn't imagine being it done any othe way.

Puppets were classic. Loved that.

Credits were hillarious :p

Farscape reference birlliant. Daniel as John, Sam as Chiana, Claudia as Aeryn (yay, would not have that any other way) and Mitchell as Stark (lmfao!) Thor as Rygel just cracked me up. :p

Cluas
February 17th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Yes, very brilliant comedy. I liked this one, and it was good to see Marty again.

"Warp speed" :cameronanime08b:

Dr-Helen-Granger
May 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
It may have already been brought up on here, I'm not sure and I didn't really know where else to go to ask but what excatly is in 'File 30185'? Because I'm really curious now!

Also, I love this episode! I watch it everytime I need a good laugh!

Cluas
May 25th, 2013, 02:56 AM
It may have already been brought up on here, I'm not sure and I didn't really know where else to go to ask but what excatly is in 'File 30185'? Because I'm really curious now!

Also, I love this episode! I watch it everytime I need a good laugh!

I don't know about that file. But i googled it...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080603143619AAmxX4U

:)

discodiva
July 15th, 2013, 04:13 AM
My condolences to the family, friends and cast mates of Glee's Cory Monteith who passed away in Vancouver, aged 31 on Saturday....

As he played the teen Cam Mitchell in the "Teen SG1" segment of 200, I wanted to post them here as well as in the Glee thread...:(

RIP Cory :(

Deeds xx

myowndrownedworld
October 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Incredible episode
I loved the Television Cliches that shows have
I loved the tributes to Wizard of oz and Farscape
i loved the puppet scene

Just such a brilliant episode. Much better than the 100th episode

Anja
July 30th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Brilliant, funny and unique. Would like to have one of those puppets!

ANJA

unscheduled traveller
February 18th, 2018, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7y9IOfbyU
Indeed

altair
October 25th, 2018, 05:47 PM
My feeling on 200 was that it was fun to see Marty again, and the episode was more like a a BS session around the writer's table. It was okay, but I thought it should only have been thirty minutes long. Since I'm not a die hard, rabid fan, I accept the jokes and note the tedium.

The bit with the puppets reminded me of my childhood. I never saw Team America, but watched puppet shows like Fireball X-L5, Supercar, and some other show (not Thunderbirds). Kind of creepy to see something like this and know it was actually kiddie entertainment at one time.

I thought, like many of you did, that it was fun but went on too loooong. But when they passed through the gate and their strings were cut was a real howl.

I get the feeling, in a 13 year perspective, that the creators of SG-1 had a much greater opinion of their own sense of humor then reality warrants, but the fan base whooped along with them, and that's what counts...almost as much as the ratings.