PDA

View Full Version : 200 (1006)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Uber
August 21st, 2006, 07:00 PM
They were talking about this, and it was a joke.Actually I spoke to someone who was an extra for episode 200 and he said that these were in fact Furlings.

PG15
August 21st, 2006, 07:25 PM
Actually I spoke to someone who was an extra for episode 200 and he said that these were in fact Furlings.

Sam said it never happened; in show = canon.

AtlantisRising
August 21st, 2006, 07:50 PM
Finally got to see this episode and have to say that for the most part I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of things a didnt like.

The Furlings were a dissapointment mainly becuase I was hoping theyd tie into the last scene of "Wormhole Xtreme" with the spaceship.

The Team America reference was too long as others pointed out.

And the clips at the end with the actors. Those were the only things that I really didnt like. Besides that I did enjoy the episode.

Now that I think about it, it wouldnt have been bad if the Furlings had also been from the episode "Grace" and that particular spaceship.

kes
August 21st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Now that I think about it, it wouldnt have been bad if the Furlings had also been from the episode "Grace" and that particular spaceship.
So the Furlings would be bad guys?

Uber
August 21st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Sam said it never happened; in show = canon.And I understand that. My point was that thanks to what my friend found out, apparently that is what Furlings really and honestly look like.

FallenAngelII
August 21st, 2006, 10:34 PM
Those Furlings were completely made up. Obviously, they do not look like that. For one thing, that technology we saw them handle looked nothing like the Furling technology we've seen in the past.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, I found it funny. A lot more funny than Wormhole X-treme. There wasn't anything wrong with it except for the damn cursing by that one guy, the Team America segment being too long and also the fact that it felt like they tried to cram too much into one single episode, so it ended quite abruptly.

I still think they should've made it into a double episode. This episode needed to be a double episode.

MB.Eddie
August 22nd, 2006, 12:14 AM
I was pumped up, and looking forward to this ep all week. Watched it tonight, and i have to say i am so disapointed. I thought they'd do a great ep with RDA involved, finally finding out about the Furlings, etc. Instead they pretended to do a show/movie with Martin. How lame. Pegasus Project should have been the 200th ep, or any of the other 199. There was no point to this ep.

What a joke. I am so disapointed. Worse ep ever imo :(

Ok. I have well and truely settled down now, and the disapointment has passed.

It wasnt such a bad ep really if you look at it for what it was = A good joke, and a fun time for all the writers and actors.

I guess the reason why i was so disapointed was because i have avioded all trailers and spoilers for the new season, so i was certainly expecting something else. Certainly more of the traditional serious ep.

Still was good for a few laughs on the second viewing :cool:

Dani347
August 22nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
I'm happy to believe the real Furlings look like Ewoks on steroids. As far as I'm concerned, the events were fake, but the Furlings were real. (if Sam hadn't said that it never happened, I would have been happy to believe they all blew up)

Night Marshal
August 22nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
its a sad thing when I enjoyed this show more than any other SG-1 I've seen in good know how long. Honestly I worried about this one a little bit when I heard about how it was being writen but in all truth I enjoyed it. Of the first part of season 10 this is the only good ep I've seen. And I laughed hardest at the Farscape part.

jeb
August 22nd, 2006, 05:32 AM
The problem with a movie is that it takes two years to make, and only lasts 2 hours. I hope they can rework the series someone and get it on another channel.

Movie out of shows are usually weak, because they lack time to expand on character's relationship. I don't mind seeing a movie expanding on the franchise, but not if it is to cancel the serie.
This really blows. I was with a friend about to preorder season 9, but now i would like to know if Sci Fi get any money out of this, and i won't buy it if it's the case.

MB.Eddie
August 22nd, 2006, 05:51 AM
Of the first part of season 10 this is the only good ep I've seen.

You dont rate The Pegasus Project highly?

Callie
August 22nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
I noticed that several people have commented on how good Peter DeLuise was looking. It's strange: as soon I saw him, I thought he looked ill. It looked to me like either he had lost way too much weight, or that he was or had recently been unwell.

Hopefully, everyone else is right!

killerz298
August 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Movie out of shows are usually weak, because they lack time to expand on character's relationship. I don't mind seeing a movie expanding on the franchise, but not if it is to cancel the serie.
This really blows. I was with a friend about to preorder season 9, but now i would like to know if Sci Fi get any money out of this, and i won't buy it if it's the case.
Maybe they will make it LOTR style and be a 3 hour movie giving us more of a story.

MB.Eddie
August 22nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Maybe they will make it LOTR style and be a 3 hour movie giving us more of a story.

Or a trilogy...

nunuu
August 22nd, 2006, 08:27 AM
That was MS? It looks like Siler to me :S But that scene is a little fuzzy cos of the blue light.
It was Siler. (Not sure any SG-1 members were in it cuz Daniel questioned Mitchell what the rest of the team was doing while he was fighting zombies.)

Wasn't the part about "Why does this always happen to me?" during the mountain explosion bit sort of tie in with that? :P

Heheh. I liked Mitchell's zombie bit -- it was totally SG-Me. :P :P :P

I don't understand how people can honestly believe the goofy, low-budget Ewoks as being the real Furlings. The beginning of the episode just floored me BECAUSE it was absolutely ridiculous and silly.

Anyway, other high points for me were invis-O'Neill, the discussion about the Star Trek bit, and Teal'c P.I. (Indeeeed.) The rest of it was eh. I found the puppet sequence to be too long though I DID like the ending of it. XD

Oh and Vala was sweet and cute in this episode. ^o^~

full.infinity
August 22nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
MGM gets the money from DVD sales.

AtlantisRising
August 22nd, 2006, 09:04 AM
So the Furlings would be bad guys?

The bad guys are only bad when they're shoot us.
Maybe they didnt know we were from Earth and the second evolution of the Alterans?
No one was apparently harmed either, so all they did was shoot the ship, it didnt appear they tortured the people. *shrugs*

kes
August 22nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
The bad guys are only bad when they're shoot us.
Maybe they didnt know we were from Earth and the second evolution of the Alterans?
No one was apparently harmed either, so all they did was shoot the ship, it didnt appear they tortured the people. *shrugs*
So the fact that the cap. of the ship identified himself and said they were friendly ment nothing to the Furlings. They are the "shoot 1st ask questions later" tipe?

GhostPoet
August 22nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
This episode was sooo freakin HILARIOUS!! I loved it! It's one of my all time favorites now. :) Loved the puppet scene especially!! :)

betjam
August 22nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
I had to watch this one twice before I decided whether or not I liked it. I did like it, but didn't love it. I got most of the jokes. My husband, unlike me, watches "blindly" and doesn't watch previews or go to websites or read interviews. He also watched it twice ('cause he fell asleep the first time) and said it okay. My kids watched and while they have no clue what half the jokes were about, they laughed at the puppets and costumes.

I loved when puppets collapsed on other side of gate. The expressions on RDA's puppet were great, especially the eyes. I liked when they teased Mitchell about the one report he couldn't see. And now that they know we think the beaming out at the last minute is lame, I hope we have seen the last of that.

kaifanun
August 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
I like the 200-th episode. It was fun and showed the different side of the project. Plus, they were able to show some other creative ideas that the writers had. One point that I think it was very significant for me was at the end of the episode Martin Lloyd got a phone call that the “Wormhole Extreme” the movie is back on. I think that was a clue for as that SG1 movie project is back on. While, Sci Fi is not picking up the show movie might be in works. I don’t think Sci-Fi wants to continue the show. I think SciFi (aka NBC) sounds like want to concentrate more on Battlestar Galactic and the spin-off. From all the thread’s and other boards it looks like Stargate –SG1 is going to stay a live.

Love the show still a fan.

Night Marshal
August 22nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
You dont rate The Pegasus Project highly?
yes and no I think that Pegasus Project the best episode of atlantis this season. Saddly both have been lacking of late. But now the fans will rally to support the shows. Not becasue that shows have gotten better or deserver there rating but because they want to support the show for the sake of supporting it. And I fully expect season 11 to get pick up by someone.

And why are are people going to crazy about the furlings. IT WAS A JOKE LAUGH.

Daniel's_twin
August 22nd, 2006, 06:22 PM
I think too many people got their hopes up thinking that they were actually going to show Furlings (I'm not citing anyone in particular as I don't know anyone in particular).

And now we won't ever hear of the Furlings again. :cool:

evangeline
August 22nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
I'm still laughing!!!!:cameron: :jack: :sam:

buuzero
August 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
This was an awesome episode.

I loved the part with Mitchell fighting the zombies, and the whole "edgy" effects they used in his scene and the "edgy" scene. The effect where the camera would go all slow-mo with the whooshing sound, it had me laughing out loud.

This was total fanservice, and I loved it. The furlings were awesome, gotta love how SG-1 beamed away before the planet blew up!

A big thanks to the cast and crew of SG1 for 200 awesome episodes.

killerz298
August 23rd, 2006, 02:13 AM
I think too many people got their hopes up thinking that they were actually going to show Furlings (I'm not citing anyone in particular as I don't know anyone in particular).

Yes I agree, when they had all the hype about they are finally going to show Furlings I think some people were pissed when they realized this was it!

Mefusta
August 23rd, 2006, 02:41 AM
While Teal'c's 'Shaft' parody was freaking gold, I just can't say no to Thor...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/61/capture66gd0.jpg

Best. Moment. Evar.

ravv
August 23rd, 2006, 04:31 AM
i was wondering if any one could tell me in which episode oneill gets invisible like its said in 200?

Dromag67
August 23rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
I'm happy to believe the real Furlings look like Ewoks on steroids. As far as I'm concerned, the events were fake, but the Furlings were real. (if Sam hadn't said that it never happened, I would have been happy to believe they all blew up)

I agree, I loved that whole thing.

Zoser
August 23rd, 2006, 06:29 AM
How incredibly ironic!

captain jake
August 23rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
i was wondering if any one could tell me in which episode oneill gets invisible like its said in 200?

That never happened! It was just a little off screen event.

Dani347
August 23rd, 2006, 09:54 AM

*sings and dances with glee*

ravv
August 23rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the answer Captain Jake..

I worried that i missed 1 of the funny episodes..

iLemon
August 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
I loved this episode, although the scene with the team and the General going through the Stargate seemed a bit pointless.

Thanks for the answer Captain Jake..

I worried that i missed 1 of the funny episodes..
That scene was just there to take the p*** out of the main star of Wormhole Xtreme leaving just like Jack left, it's pretty much copying the real life event of RDA leaving and the producers finding a way around it (in SG1 Jack came back every now and then).

IMO the invisible Jack scene was the best part of the episode :D

Lightbane
August 23rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
That was funny in parts but i gave it a 1/10 it was just way overdone too much spoof/parody i almost turned it off many times

Prometheus2508
August 23rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Was the invisible jack scene from an actual episode or did they make that up for 200? If it is from a previous show, which one?

Cpt. Obvious
August 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Wow, just finished watching the episode for the first time. I just moved into my dorm in college the Thursday before the 200th episdoe and we discovered that our cable cord was too short! I was freaking out and calling all over creation to find someone to tape it for me. Luckily I found someone and had them send it to me and I like ripped it open as soon as I got it. Ok enough about me, the episode.

I thought it was really funny. I personally loved all the spoofs and jokes. Hats of to the cast and crew on this one. I think it was a real tribute to the fans and everyone who has put so much effort into the show. However I did find myself a little unfulfilled at the end and wanting more. I also wanted to see the party scene or whatever on the other side of the gate. I loved it how the original team walked side by side through the gate. That was awesome. The whole invisible Jack thing was the BEST! I was laughing the whole way through it and wish they had actually made an episode like it. I was a bit confused on the whole Cameron part and Jack being his daddy. I'm still a bit confused but I'm trying to digest it. Anyways, I thought it was pretty funny how Vala was trying to throw story lines to Martin and they were all these famous movies already. Ok, all of this has probably been said so I'm just going to stop now...

I love SG-1! We got our cable fixed now in case anyone was wondering...

full.infinity
August 23rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Was the invisible jack scene from an actual episode or did they make that up for 200? If it is from a previous show, which one?
That's from 200 alone.

kes
August 23rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
Dont know if this has been mentioned but in the transcript of the ep, its done by a fan so it doesnt really mean anything, but the transcript says Puppet Frasier! Indeed, if you look in the background when Daniel is explaining the symbuls, next to Sam is a women in a white lab coat. Since its not one of the original scientist that were on the scene it could actually be a little nod to Janet Frasier :D
What do you guys think? Janet? No Janet?

TheCaptain
August 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
I thought this was hilariously funny - out of the 'wormhole x-treme' departure-from-the-norm episodes, this had to be the most laugh-out-loud funniest by far, and for what it was, 200 delivered everything I'd hoped for and more, in spades. :D

Go the Teal'c-Shaft pitch the T-Man made to Marty! :indeed:

Its great to see they can all make fun of themselves, and yet at the end the Isaac Asimov quotation brought it all together very nicely. A great show which I thoroughly enjoyed... two thumbs-ups from me ;)

Capt

MB.Eddie
August 24th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Dont know if this has been mentioned but in the transcript of the ep, its done by a fan so it doesnt really mean anything, but the transcript says Puppet Frasier! Indeed, if you look in the background when Daniel is explaining the symbuls, next to Sam is a women in a white lab coat. Since its not one of the original scientist that were on the scene it could actually be a little nod to Janet Frasier :D
What do you guys think? Janet? No Janet?

I saw the puppet you are refering to, but it isnt clear if it is Fraiser...

O'Neill is funny
August 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I didn't like this..the only thing funny was the string team, that was funny LMAO!!! the rest was meh and zzzz.

Jedted
August 24th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I was watching the star trek bit with Brad Wright's cameo and i was wondering if that was really him saying that line cause it sounds like it's an audio clip of Scotty himself which they cut into the scene.

Anyone else think about this?

maylet
August 24th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Is going to be a week since the 200 episode of Stargate SG-1 and I'm still laughing

Carl
August 25th, 2006, 01:39 AM
A BRILLIANT EPISODE!!! Far too many things to discuss here...

Also, the end was wonderful. I was close to tears when I saw the original SG-1 walk up the ramp to the stargate with everyone else behind them. A brilliant way to celebrate the series and say goodbye to it at the same time.

Dromag67
August 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM
A BRILLIANT EPISODE!!! Far too many things to discuss here...

Also, the end was wonderful. I was close to tears when I saw the original SG-1 walk up the ramp to the stargate with everyone else behind them. A brilliant way to celebrate the series and say goodbye to it at the same time.

Yeah probably the last time the orginal team goes through the gate. :(

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 25th, 2006, 05:44 AM
One of the best Stargate episodes.....EVER.:)

glitzgal
August 25th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed it. :)

It was great to see Jack. I loved the end scene with Jack and Daniel, and Daniel's crack at the wedding.

Loved invisi Jack.

Teal'c PI :D

And Teal'c with the cracks when Jack was invisi :D

Some cute stuff, could have had more RDA but over all I liked it.

Thor_Beyond769
August 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I watched the 200th episode rerun tonight . After the Cancel of the show on Sci-Fi, this episode has a whole new meaning for me now. I know that SG-1 is far from a failed TV show like to the Character Martin Lloyd’s (Wormhole X-tream), but there seems to be several parallels to the series to this episode. Did anyone else notice this? Have you watched it again since the announcement to the cancel?

I can’t seem to finish putting everything down but to keep it short, something like this:

…..like no one could come to an agreement on how to end the series? They couldn’t make up their mind on continuing the series or making a movie, etc. There's more to this. I can post more if anyone want's more.

evangeline
August 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Third time's the charm: I saw it again and I'm still laughing!!!!! It's even funnier now!:cameron:

Major Gambit
August 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
wait a sec, Don S Davis was in this episode, but only as a puppet. Why couldnt he be part of the group that went into the gate at the end! that woulda made it so much cooler.

bugdog
August 28th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I've been a little behind this season, but thanks to the miracle that is DVR, I'm almost caught up. Being behind also means that I have been avoiding my usual lurk here, so when 200 started, I was dead solid certain that I had missed something. My husband immediately said, "That didn't happen, did it? WTF are those horrible ewok things?"

Ok, so we're slow.

So, right. We loved it. Watched it back to back, picking out bits that were our favorites. The husband liked the puppets, I liked the whole 1969 bit.

A couple of times, the husband also said, "What was that? Was that kind of gay?" .... so I got to explain the whole slash fanfic thing. And then I got to explain just exactly how I knew about that in the first place. It was great fun!

200, Wormhole Extreme and Window of Opportunity will always be in my top 10 list of favorite episodes (Window of Opportunity is my all time favorite.)

Tealcfan
August 29th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I know i've been missing awhile on GW but i just knew i have to write about how awesome the 200th ep is. On with my review:

K. So... I liked the 1969 joke (which took me awhile to figure out it was a joke. :)) I liked the furlings thing i was like finally my search is over!!! I found the wizard of oz thing pretty funny and how Martin even knew that. It was even funnier when she did farscape and he didn't know. The Teal'c PI was pretty funny too. And the whole wedding scene was awesome.

Just definitly 11/10 and i don't even care about the spelling!! :) :D :D

SGTLopez
August 30th, 2006, 02:17 PM
"He's keeping the streets safe while keeping it real.

Teal'c, PI."

It was all just too much. http://www.freebmw.net/obyone/Emoticons_Threads/Forum%20Pics/01%20-%20Smilies/rofl.gif

tace
August 31st, 2006, 12:29 PM
"He's keeping the streets safe while keeping it real.

Teal'c, PI."

It was all just too much.

His "Indeed." is what killed me. And the looming. It's so great to see them have so much fun with an episode.

FallenAngelII
September 1st, 2006, 03:58 AM
I have now uploaded the entire Sci-Fi Inside Stargate SG-1's 200th Episode special. It's a 42+ minutes long Behind-the-scenes special of 200!

Go here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5745377#post5745377

tiamut
September 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Ok - is it a generational thing? What's Team America? I thought the spoof was on the Thunderbirds :o :confused:

So did I. I was absolutely cracking up about "Thunderbirds/Stargate", while my son was "Oh, no, not Thunderbirds"-ing.

o-0
September 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
this mightve been answered already but i need to know
since general landry arranged the party on the other side of the gate, did they stop the gate? and how do you think they did it?

SGalisa
September 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Oh damn, there were TWO BSG ads during SG1? Only saw one. Off to dig around for the other.

Yes, you see where my priorities are. :DSince I didn't record (VCR) the eps, it took another week to listen again to what music I think I heard. It was a similar promo to the other BSG commercial (mentioned in the quote) but this one had rock music in it. I liked it better than the violins/chello version... Very "Smallville-ish" musically. ;)

It aired again during the first viewing of SGA's "McKay and Mrs. Miller" ep. During the 2nd viewing of that same SGA ep, the commercials had the standard Season 2 BSG music and promo for BSG's Season 3.

re: episode SG-1's "200" -- about that cake...
made me wonder after hearing the cancellation news of SG-1 if Sci-Fi didn't order (or suggest ordering) the cake with Black icing on it (didn't see any sparkly sprinkles for shimmering stars). Tho it could have been, it certainly didn't look like dark chocolate on my TV screen. It just looked like boring, dreary Black icing... like a death knell.
Very Strange coloring for a celebration.

Dr Ingram
September 30th, 2006, 05:04 AM
I absolutly LOVED this episode. I was laughing from start to finish. I'm glad it was a thing onto itself and ripped an its self and other sci-fi shows, and the Wizard of OZ thing man that had me laughing so hard. And the wedding Daniel's line to Jack. "You know if she doesn't show up then people are gonna think..."

Oh and I loved when O'Neill turned up and Daniel "No there'll be spoilers."
Carter "You kidding it'll be in the comercial"

I love that they went outside of the box for this episode

Dr McKay
September 30th, 2006, 05:28 AM
i liked it when right at the end where they were going through the gate, and he said to landry to come, then he said to walter. seeing walters fact light up as he began to run down then instantaniously changing into the right gear! that was great :)

Daniel Jackson
November 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'd like to discuss "200" with fellow SG-1 fans who did not like this episode, but those who did like the episode are welcome to defend it.

NOTE: I didn't enjoy "Morpheus" nor "200," but the other eight episodes from this season have been fantastic. :)

I don't mind the anual clip show, but could they have done a clip show without waisting an RDA appearance? That's my main issue with "200." I know some people will say it's not a clip show, because it features new footage. It's a clip show, because it features "clips" that are not happening in relation to the story being told. In previous clip shows, the clips were simply lifted from previous episodes. In this episode, they're imaginary, they never happened! To top it off, most of RDA's screen time is in the imaginary clips that don't happen. The only real screen time RDA has is five minutes toward the end, but with the goofy, "Let's all go offworld," theme, are we to assume that really happen? It made the whole episode feel like a joke and thus RDA's return was a joke. Come on, if you're going to bring the man back, do it in a serious episode!

On to the clips...

The Furlings: I thought this was serious until the planet exploded and the audience was sent to the briefing room to reveal that it was "imaginary." LAME
Zombies: This one, I actually liked, because it could happen. Check out, "Evolution, Part 2" to see the zombie mercenarie. Yikes! :eek:
Invisible O'Neill: OK, I gotta admit this was hillarious.
SG-1 runs from Replicators to meet a Jaffa army: Eh... been there, done that.
The Wizard of Oz: Hillarious, but ultimately didn't go anywhere.
SGC Explodes: Now we know whut it'll look like if the SGC were to explode, but beyond that... meh...
Star Trek: I loved this one! :D
TeenGate SG-1: Hillarious, considering all the lame teen dramas we have on TV right now. :D
Farscape: I don't watch Farscape, so I didn't care for this.
StarPuppet SG-1: I loved it! :D
Teal'c PI: Brief, but priceless.
Mitchell & Vala fishing with SG-1: Worth it to see O'Neill exclaim, "You weren't there!" :jack:
Jack marries Sam: Quit teasing the audience! :(
Wormhole X-Treme! - 10 Years Later: Boring, I almost turned the episode off.

If they were going to do a flat out comedy episode, they should have done "200" as a puppet episode and set it durring Season 4. :D

If they wanted to do a serious episode, bring back RDA as General O'Neill who negotiates an alliance with the Furlings that SG-1 finally discovers. :jack:

Cap116
November 5th, 2006, 08:58 PM
On the clips, I agree with you on most of them. Invisible O'Neill, Puppet Stargate, Stargate Trek, and Teal'C: PI, I though were the best. Didn't much care for the Wormhole X-Treme at the end, just tying up loose ends. But I thought there could have been more with RDA, he was good, just wish the appearance would have been something more substantial. But that is just me.

neoncrazy101
November 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
whenever i watched it (Tivo hehe) i would just turn it off when the end came with Wormhole extreme...and when i first watched it it was the MOST borinest episode ever...but then i watched it again...and it made a little more sense but still sucked...i LOVED the invisible O'Neill though lol

PG15
November 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Doesn't this belong in the episode thread?

EDIT: Might as well defend 200 in the meantime then.

It seems you enjoyed a majority of the clips, so...well, looks like you didn't not like the episode that much.

Also, RDA HAAAD to be in this episode, plain and simple, since it was after all, the 200th.

Now, this episode was supposed to be a celebration of the series. If you want a serious episode, watch any other in the series, which was the point. This episode had to be particularly unique in the Stargate franchise for its obvious significance. A dramatic episode would just blend it in with every other episode, albeit with (maybe) a slightly bigger spectacle.

So yes, this episode was a "joke" episode, designed to celebrate, and to poke fun at all the stuff that happened in the past 10 years. Anything else would just be mundane.

newtrekker
November 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I'd like to discuss "200" with fellow SG-1 fans who did not like this episode, but those who did like the episode are welcome to defend it.

NOTE: I didn't enjoy "Morpheus" nor "200," but the other eight episodes from this season have been fantastic. :)

I don't mind the anual clip show, but could they have done a clip show without waisting an RDA appearance? That's my main issue with "200." I know some people will say it's not a clip show, because it features new footage. It's a clip show, because it features "clips" that are not happening in relation to the story being told. In previous clip shows, the clips were simply lifted from previous episodes. In this episode, they're imaginary, they never happened! To top it off, most of RDA's screen time is in the imaginary clips that don't happen. The only real screen time RDA has is five minutes toward the end, but with the goofy, "Let's all go offworld," theme, are we to assume that really happen? It made the whole episode feel like a joke and thus RDA's return was a joke. Come on, if you're going to bring the man back, do it in a serious episode!

On to the clips...

The Furlings: I thought this was serious until the planet exploded and the audience was sent to the briefing room to reveal that it was "imaginary." LAME
Zombies: This one, I actually liked, because it could happen. Check out, "Evolution, Part 2" to see the zombie mercenarie. Yikes! :eek:
SGC Explodes: Now we know whut it'll look like if the SGC were to explode, but beyond that... meh...
TeenGate SG-1: Hillarious, considering all the lame teen dramas we have on TV right now. :D
Mitchell & Vala fishing with SG-1: Worth it to see O'Neill exclaim, "You weren't there!" :jack:

If they were going to do a flat out comedy episode, they should have done "200" as a puppet episode and set it durring Season 4. :D

If they wanted to do a serious episode, bring back RDA as General O'Neill who negotiates an alliance with the Furlings that SG-1 finally discovers. :jack:

It wasn't a clip show. There were no clips from previous episodes in the episode, besides the one at the beginning but that was acceptable as Martin was in it. I liked '200' it was funny and inventive.

Daniel Jackson
November 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Doesn't this belong in the episode thread?
No, because this is for the minority that dislike the episode.

It seems you enjoyed a majority of the clips, so...well, looks like you didn't not like the episode that much.
Enjoying the clips does not mean I enjoy the overall episode.

Also, RDA HAAAD to be in this episode, plain and simple, since it was after all, the 200th.
Agreed, but in an episode with... oh, I don't know, a story?

Now, this episode was supposed to be a celebration of the series. If you want a serious episode, watch any other in the series, which was the point. This episode had to be particularly unique in the Stargate franchise for its obvious significance. A dramatic episode would just blend it in with every other episode, albeit with (maybe) a slightly bigger spectacle.
They could have celebrated with an "event" episode.

So yes, this episode was a "joke" episode, designed to celebrate, and to poke fun at all the stuff that happened in the past 10 years. Anything else would just be mundane.
"200" being a comedy is fine by me, but it should have had a story instead of a bunch of disconnected clips. Meh...

It wasn't a clip show. There were no clips from previous episodes in the episode, besides the one at the beginning but that was acceptable as Martin was in it. I liked '200' it was funny and inventive.
The clips containg old or new footage is entirely irrelevant. The episode focuses on clips urgo it is a clip show.

PG15
November 6th, 2006, 12:03 AM
No, because this is for the minority that dislikes the episode.

And yet you allow people like us? Sounds more like a discussion thread to me.

Sounds more like an episode discussion thread, actually. :p

"200" being a comedy is fine by me, but it should have had a story instead of a bunch of disconnecting clips. Meh...

It had a story; Marty wanted SG1 to review his movie script, and they all come up with crazy ideas.

I guess you just didn't like the story. ;)

They could have celebrated with an "event" episode.

IMHO, this is as "event" as it gets. I mean, we've seen battles and those other "event-y" things many times in the past, but when have we seen ANYTHING like 200? Never, that's when.

And THAT, makes it an event episode.

newtrekker
November 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM
The clips containg old or new footage is entirely irrelevant. The episode focuses on clips urgo it is a clip show.

Usually a clip show means old footage. These were not really clips of anything SG1 has done. So it isn't a clip show.

Sasusc
November 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM

The episode did have a story. It was a story about coming up with ideas for a movie script. Just because it wasn't exciting doesn't mean it doesn't have a story. The story was there, you just didn't like it. It doesn't mean it don't exist. I don't like several story lines/plots but that doesn't make it not a story. It's just a story I don't like.

Now, there are some things I dislike about this episode, but I still like the episode overall. I love the whole invisible Jack segment. This (at least to me) was a flashback, and not a plot for the movie. It felt a little bit more like the old SG-1 (but still with the new feel of the show).

The puppet segment is the reason why I don't like this episode as much as I like would have. It went on way too long. And was not intertaining at all.

The Farscape/Star Trek clips: I only got into Farscape since BB and CB came aboard SG-1, and enjoyed this clip. Star Trek never interested me, so I've only seen an episode or two. Still, I found this clip funny. I don't have to enjoy Star Trek to enjoy their little homage to it.

Sasusc
November 6th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Usually a clip show means old footage. These were not really clips of anything SG1 has done. So it isn't a clip show.

The key word there: usually.

Usually a clip show is made up of clips from past episodes, but not always.

newtrekker
November 6th, 2006, 01:21 AM
The key word there: usually.

Usually a clip show is made up of clips from past episodes, but not always.

Have you seen any clip show episode that doesn't have old footage? So it is usual for a clip show to have old footage.

Marcus117
November 6th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Have you seen any clip show episode that doesn't have old footage? So it is usual for a clip show to have old footage.

Again the key word is usual. This is just as much a clip show as any other in the series... Just because it doesn't use old footable in it's segments doesn't mean those segments arn't clips.

Yes, your right, the usual idea of a clip show is an episode that uses old footage, but does that mean every clip show has too? Not in my opinion, no.

- Marcus

Sasusc
November 6th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I'm almost positive I've seen a clip epsiode of something that showed several clips never seen before. It was to show "missing" scenes or the such. Don't ask me what show it was. I don't remember.

And I was not disagreeing with you. Usually clip episodes shows don't show us new clips, but 200 did. Dictionary definition: Usual indicates something that is to be expected by reason of previous experience, which shows it to occur more often than not. By all acounts, 200 was a clip episode; it feature clips as it would in other clip episode. The difference is, the clips being used had never been seen before. That is unusual for a clip episode, but it does happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_show This link may help. It does mention that some clip shows have used new materials.

Many series have included parody clip shows using "clips" from episodes which never happened (see below).

The cult Australian series Double the Fist featured as its eighth and final episode "Special Edition" (aired July 16, 2004), a clip show with a difference - all the clips were supposedly from episodes "yet to air." This was a prank and all the clips were fakes, as the punchline to the show revolved around the network cancelling the series, and the cast even pretended to be taken off the air with two minutes left to go. The network reportedly received many complaints.

The anime series Miami Guns featured as its second episode a fake clip show, where excerpts from previous stories were shown (sometimes with story titles) depicting significant events that affected the characters and even an older version of the same show, none of which really existed as episodes.

newtrekker
November 6th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Again the key word is usual. This is just as much a clip show as any other in the series... Just because it doesn't use old footable in it's segments doesn't mean those segments arn't clips.

Yes, your right, the usual idea of a clip show is an episode that uses old footage, but does that mean every clip show has too? Not in my opinion, no.

- Marcus

Okay, you win. But I thought a clip show meant only old footage as seen in other stargate clip show episodes. So technically, this wasn't really a clip show, as it's only the bits of the script they showed and they aren't canon. If you get my point.

Descent
November 6th, 2006, 03:51 AM
On to the clips...

[B]The Furlings: I thought this was serious until the planet exploded and the audience was sent to the briefing room to reveal that it was "imaginary." LAME

You enjoyed the majority of the clips so it sounds to me like you did enjoy it. Least for the most part.

Okay, two things:
1. Yes, the whole Marriage thing was another big tease for shippers. It's not fair at this point. It's only going to piss those shippers off even more. Stop teasing and either do it or don't.

2. I would much rather have seen RDA in a serious role as well, like a big multi-part arc. Sigh. :(

Rogue
November 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM

On to the clips...

It sounds like you enjoyed the skits for the most part. I didn't really care for it but I know some did.

The J/S wedding was a slap in the Shippers face.
The Wormhole X-Treme team was horrible, especially when it turned into the Jerry Springer show.
The Invisible Jack skit was cute.

I found the rest to be forgettable.

Celtic Wizard
November 6th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I out of the country when they show it, so I am sooooo pleased, I have no desire to watch such a waste of dribble!

RepliHawk
November 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I out of the country when they show it, so I am sooooo pleased, I have no desire to watch such a waste of dribble!

Thats good

PG15
November 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM

The obvious question would be, how do you know that it's dribble if you've never seen it?

gopher65
November 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I didn't like this episode. Some of the skits were funny, but I wanted a show that had SOMETHING (even a little something) to do with the main plotline. Having an episode like this was just... disappointing. It felt like pointless filler.

See though, I liked Wormhole Extreme (episode 100 I mean, not that boring stuff at the end of 200). It may have been goofy, but it had an internal plotline (unlike 200), it was tied to NID plotline, and to Martin (and therefore the Gou'ald), and so it was part of the external events.

I like funny. I even like a little bit of stupidity. I don't like pointlessness.

Daniel Jackson
November 6th, 2006, 04:51 PM
And yet you allow people like us? Sounds more like a discussion thread to me.
If I wanted to talk about how I like the episode, I'd go to that thread, but I don't, I wanna discuss why I dislike the episode. Chill.

It had a story; Marty wanted SG1 to review his movie script, and they all come up with crazy ideas.
There was no conflict. The most important part of a story is the conflict, and there was no conflict! The gate being broken doesn't count, because that was a B-plot.

I guess you just didn't like the story. ;)
;)

IMHO, this is as "event" as it gets. I mean, we've seen battles and those other "event-y" things many times in the past, but when have we seen ANYTHING like 200? Never, that's when.

And THAT, makes it an event episode.
...but none of the clips in "200" happened except for the very last one, so none of that counts. The episode was SG-1 and Martin sitting around a table and talking. BORING! :mckay:

neoncrazy101
November 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
probably a really stupid question about who is RDA?

PG15
November 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
It counted for us; to us it "happened" since we saw it happening. The conflict was how Martin didn't care about what SG1 was telling him but merely relied on stupid Hollywood cliches.

And the Episode discussion thread is for all opinions.

Daniel Jackson
November 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM
probably a really stupid question about who is RDA?
RDA = Richard-Dean Andederson :jack:

It counted for us; to us it "happened" since we saw it happening. The conflict was how Martin didn't care about what SG1 was telling him but merely relied on stupid Hollywood cliches.
The Furlings: SG-1 never met the Furlings.
Zombies: The SGC was never turned into a zombie tomb.
Invisible O'Neill: Probably made up by Sam.
SG-1 runs from Replicators to meet a Jaffa army: It never happened!
The Wizard of Oz: It never happened!
SGC Explodes: It never happened!
Star Trek: It never happened!
TeenGate SG-1: It never happened!
Farscape: It never happened!
StarPuppet SG-1: It never happened!
Teal'c PI: It never happened!
Mitchell & Vala fishing with SG-1: It never happened!
Jack marries Sam: It never happened!
Wormhole X-Treme! - 10 Years Later: It won't happen for ten years.

Starxgate
November 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Martin didn't care about what SG1 was telling him

Actually he did care. The main reason he was there was to get ideas from their experiences. I highly doubt that if Martin didnt care he wouldnt waste their time when they could be off doing galaxy saving stuff instead of him wasting their time. He knows how important SG-1 is & I highly doubt he did not care about their opinions.

PG15
November 6th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Does it really matter if it didn't happen? We saw it, some of us got a laugh out of it, and to us it "happened" since we saw it happen. This is exactly what I said in my last post but I guess you didn't see it.

As I recall, you like a lot of the time travel eps back on Trekbbs, and a lot of them had reset buttons. That didn't seem to stop you from liking them.

EDIT: Sorry, I mispoke. I guess I meant that he didn't listen to SG1 when they started going on those wild tangents.

Daniel Jackson
November 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Does it really matter if it didn't happen?
Yes.

We saw it, some of us got a laugh out of it, and to us it "happened" since we saw it happen. This is exactly what I said in my last post but I guess you didn't see it.
I saw it. I disagreed with it. If you enjoyed it, excellent! :D I was just explaining why I did not enjoy it.

As I recall, you like a lot of the time travel eps back on Trekbbs, and a lot of them had reset buttons. That didn't seem to stop you from liking them.
That is a different situation. The episode happened, but at the end of the hour, the events were erased. In "200," they never happened to begin with!

Take "Moebius, Parts 1 & 2" for example. The bizzaro timeline happened, even though it was erased, because we have Bizzaro Jack, Sam, and Teal'c in Ancient Egypt. ;)

PG15
November 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Maybe these clips were just from parallel universes or time lines that were erased. ;)

Well anyway, I think we've reached the point where we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the episode, but it's cool that you liked some of the clips. :)

ACharmedAsgard
November 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Liking or disliking the episode aside for a moment, I think that 200 was made, not just to celebrate the 200th episode and the series so far but also as a little break from the, "Oh the Ori are so powerful and we can't fight them, we have little hope blah blah blah" (Not actually said by any characters, just a general feeling).

The episodes of Stargate have been serious and depressing so far, so i felt they did it as a little fun before more seriousness.

back on the subject of like and dislike.......I liked it.

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2006, 08:16 PM

Agree but i have tried to tell him numereous times and he don't get it.

Sasusc
November 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM
RDA = Richard-Dean Andederson :jack:

The Furlings: SG-1 never met the Furlings.
Zombies: The SGC was never turned into a zombie tomb.
Invisible O'Neill: Probably made up by Sam.
SG-1 runs from Replicators to meet a Jaffa army: It never happened!
The Wizard of Oz: It never happened!
SGC Explodes: It never happened!
Star Trek: It never happened!
TeenGate SG-1: It never happened!
Farscape: It never happened!
StarPuppet SG-1: It never happened!
Teal'c PI: It never happened!
Mitchell & Vala fishing with SG-1: It never happened!
Jack marries Sam: It never happened!
Wormhole X-Treme! - 10 Years Later: It won't happen for ten years.

Invisible Jack segment: It happened, it was just new material.

MARTIN: You guys have to help me. I mean, how can I keep the main character in the story without actually having the actor who plays him?

CARTER: Well… you could have the other characters refer to him all the time… maybe… get him on the phone once in a while.

MARTIN: Oh, yeah, right. I mean…something cool, like…um…*Carter's face falls* face-switching or body-swapping?

VALA: *laughs* As if anyone would believe that. *Jackson throws her a look*

MARTIN: Come on, you guys must have some real-life experiences I can draw on.

CARTER: Oh…well, there was that time that Colonel O'Neill was invisible.

The events weren't erased because they never happened. They did happen. They just happen in someone's head as a visual representation of their thoughts.

Daniel Jackson
November 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
They did happen. They just happen in someone's head as a visual representation of their thoughts.
That doesn't count, because "imaginary sequences" have no consequences. That's why I found them to be a waist of time.

valaCB
November 7th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I also didn't like 200 episode .

Descent
November 8th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I also didn't like 200 episode .

And yet you have it in your sig. :P

Daniel Jackson
November 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM
ValaCB likely likes some of the clips while disliking the episode as a whole. I'm in the same boat.

Farscapefan
November 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM
That doesn't count, because "imaginary sequences" have no consequences. That's why I found them to be a waist of time.

Correct spelling would be "waste". And no, it wasn't waste of time. I really enjoyed 200. Especially Farscape bit. :D

Lida
November 8th, 2006, 12:15 PM
OK, another lame response. This seems to be my day to be lame, but I kinda liked "200". Do I think it could have been done better? Yes, but on the whole, it was supposed to be Stargate laughing at itself, and it did. Every writer had input, as probably did the cast, and when you have that many cooks, you get an episode like "200"......some things were hilarious, and others, I thought fell flat. BUT, I hated "Wormhole Extreme" the first time I watched it, but now, after, I don't know how many viewings, I truly like it, so I guess time will tell. I warned you I was having a lame day. Sorry. :o

VolrathEvincar
November 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
What? I mean, hey man. You're just crossing the line. You didn't like 200?

Here is why episode 200 is so great:

Furlings - "Sounds cute and fuzzy to me!"

Wizard of Oz - The biggest WOO refrence since the start of the show!

Teal'c PI - I would have been satisfied if that was all that was in 200.

The Zombies - That was great! Resifans! Back me up on this one!

Star Trek - Which of the Star(something) is better? You know which! SICK!

Farscape - Two ex-Farscape people on the cast? What better way to stick it to Farscape than that? YEA!

Fishing - Anything that makes fun of Mitchell is good for me. RDA rox!! Although, I like Vala. But that might just be because....well, she's uh.....nice. Very nice.

Stargate Puppets - That was great! "I'm the general, I want to see it spin!" "'It was in front of our noses the whole time.' 'Heh. I feel so stupid.'"

200 was ULTIMATELY ULTIMATE. Don't question it, don't hate. Representin' the Sierra Gulf Charlie!!

What what?! Peace out dogg!

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
What? I mean, hey man. You're just crossing the line. You didn't like 200?

Here is why episode 200 is so great:

Furlings - "Sounds cute and fuzzy to me!"

Wizard of Oz - The biggest WOO refrence since the start of the show!

Teal'c PI - I would have been satisfied if that was all that was in 200.

The Zombies - That was great! Resifans! Back me up on this one!

Star Trek - Which of the Star(something) is better? You know which! SICK!

Farscape - Two ex-Farscape people on the cast? What better way to stick it to Farscape than that? YEA!

Fishing - Anything that makes fun of Mitchell is good for me. RDA rox!! Although, I like Vala. But that might just be because....well, she's uh.....nice. Very nice.

Stargate Puppets - That was great! "I'm the general, I want to see it spin!" "'It was in front of our noses the whole time.' 'Heh. I feel so stupid.'"

200 was ULTIMATELY ULTIMATE. Don't question it, don't hate. Representin' the Sierra Gulf Charlie!!

What what?! Peace out dogg!

Agree 100%! You get GREEN:D !

thefunkyone
November 12th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Why such a "serious" thread over a spoof and fun episode ????

Anyone who couldnt tell 200 was a joke episode and meant to be taken light heartedly is a moron ! (harsh but true !!!) :D

LORD MONK
November 13th, 2006, 02:28 AM
I liked ep. 200. Except i can't stand it because we didn't see the Furling like what was promised. If they never mentioned that part I would have loved it. Also keeping in mind that it was for the writers and not us. So I fully expected it to be off the wall like it was.

I hated it.

Jackie
November 13th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Invisable O'Neill was the best part of the whole episode. I actually used the episode in a fan fic by having the "real" SG-1 view it.

So this is what Daniel would have said: "They made me the cowardly lion! I'm not the cowarly lion. Jack, am I a coward?"

Sam would have said: "Could they make me any dumber?"

Teal'c would have said: "I now know why Goerge Lucas is wealthy."

Jack would have said: "My puppet made me look good!"

PG15
November 13th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I liked ep. 200.

I hated it.

Uh...huh.

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Uh...huh.

I was thinking the same thing.

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I liked ep. 200. Except i can't stand it because we didn't see the Furling like what was promised. If they never mentioned that part I would have loved it. Also keeping in mind that it was for the writers and not us. So I fully expected it to be off the wall like it was.

I hated it.

Uh which is it? Like or hate?

LORD MONK
November 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Uh...huh.

It's simple, <mod snip> and read the post.

I hated it because it didn't have the Furling in it that I really really really wanted to see and didn't get to see it. Put all that aside and I liked the show. So basically one think that wasn't even in it screwed up the hole ep. If i was never told about the Furling being in it I would have liked it. But I was told so I hate it.

Get it now.

The puppets were the best, I thought.

PG15
November 14th, 2006, 03:53 PM
It wasn't that clear the way you worded it. And there is no cause for insults.

PG15
November 14th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Then you don't like it...why put "I like it" at the very beginning at all if you don't like it?!

Oy...nevermind I asked; let's just drop it, we're going so far away from the topic it's not even funny any more.

Daniel Jackson
November 14th, 2006, 06:48 PM
"200" is so bad, it makes GateWorld posters fight. :eek:

PG15
November 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Every episode makes us fight. :p

esoap524
November 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM
There was no conflict. The most important part of a story is the conflict, and there was no conflict! The gate being broken doesn't count, because that was a B-plot.

The fact that the Daniel & Co weren't all hepped up and enthused about participating in Martin's little venture was conflict. Albeit, not the most exciting set of conflicts but still.

I thought it was a funny episode. No, it didn't further the Ori story, or the evil grown up Vala baby story but it was a fun break. It stands out, whether you think it's a stinkeroo or a good episode--it's not like any of the others and I guess that might have been what they were going for.

I thought the puppet skit went on a bit long but it was still amusing. It reminded me of The Xfiles "Millenium A.D."

esoap524
November 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Indeed! We can get all our aggressions out on strangers so that we can deal with our family, friends and co-workers in a civil fashion ;)

It's like group therapy!

MasterPower
November 14th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Episode 200 was just okay for me too. I didn't not like it, but then I didn't really like it. It was a little ... too goofy for me. I also didn't care for the Sam/Jack wedding thing either.

Mitchell82
November 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM

Indeed they do. Some of us just can't agree. Oh well IMO 200 was perfect.

LORD MONK
November 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Your Avatar makes me laugh, still.

We always fight and I believe in the therapy to.

200 sucked. It will suck for a lont time. at least until I get over my differences that is.

Mitchell82
November 15th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Your Avatar makes me laugh, still.

We always fight and I believe in the therapy to.

200 sucked. It will suck for a lont time. at least until I get over my differences that is.

Well I just rewatched 200 and I laughed as hard as I did the firstime and loved it even more.

Sasusc
November 15th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Well I just rewatched 200 and I laughed as hard as I did the firstime and loved it even more.
**grins** I must watch it again. Don't know why, but I only seen it twice, and that was the day it aired.

To be sightly more on topic: I think it's funny that we all like and dislike different parts of the episode. I hate the puppet scenes, but others love it. I love S/J wedding, while others hate it.

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 03:33 AM
some parts were funny but overall I didnt like 200. Ive learned to expect a quality episode just about every week and 200 didn't make the cut for me.

For a few years now, the show has been balancing on a thread of uncertain continuation. 200 was the last straw for those who have been wondering how much longer they should continue to throw money at this thing. 200 aired and the next day they pulled the plug on sg-1.

No i didnt like it at all.

PG15
November 16th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Actually, not only did 200 get the highest ratings this year (most likely due to publicity), SciFi pulled the plug the day before 200's airing.

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Actually, not only did 200 get the highest ratings this year (most likely due to publicity), SciFi pulled the plug the day before 200's airing.

ok so they pulled the plug just minutes after they previewed 200.

PG15
November 16th, 2006, 10:15 AM
That's quite an assumption; got proof?

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 10:26 AM
That's quite an assumption; got proof?

According to Gateworld the announcement was made after the airdate, other sources said the next day. - regardless the proof is in the watching. Watch 200 it screams "this series is over CANCEL ME CANCEL ME!!!!"

Below from gateworld

Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

The future of Stargate is in question today, as SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running Stargate SG-1, Multichannel News reported today and a GateWorld source has confirmed. The news regrettably follows the airing of the show's milestone two-hundredth episode on Friday.

PG15
November 16th, 2006, 10:37 AM
According to Gateworld the announcement was made after the airdate, other sources said the next day. - regardless the proof is in the watching. Watch 200 it screams "this series is over CANCEL ME CANCEL ME!!!!"

Not for me; I loved it as a true celebration of SG1's longevity.

The announcement was made public the day after the airing, sure, but the Cast and crew knew about it before the airing.

However, I have no source to back that up (Gateworld Search ain't working on this computer); as it's something widely accepted around here. If you want proof, I'm sure someone can dig it up.

EDIT: Hold that thought, here's a source that backs me up:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6364450.html?display=Breaking+News

People close to the production of Stargate SG-1 said Sci Fi Channel canceled the series on the eve of its 200 th episode, which aired last Friday night, making the show the first cable scripted series to reach such a milestone.

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Not for me; I loved it as a true celebration of SG1's longevity.

The announcement was made public the day after the airing, sure, but the Cast and crew knew about it before the airing.

However, I have no source to back that up (Gateworld Search ain't working on this computer); as it's something widely accepted around here. If you want proof, I'm sure someone can dig it up.

you dont need to prove it - the cast and crew knew before it aired because they previewed it too. lol

anyways - I think Sci-Fi really pushed this episode as an opp to increase viewer base. 200 doesnt reresent the quality of the show and anyone coming into it fresh has got to be saying WTH is this ([email protected] ? So the plan backfired. anyone on the fence would surely not be back after that one.

Stargatenutcase
November 16th, 2006, 11:26 AM
In my Opinion, Ripple Effect would've made a far better 200th episode then 200.
Though they could've done more characters, like a Colonel Hammond or Jack as well as someone like (I can't believe I'm saying this) Jonas. Even some characters from Atlantis would've been a good addition, such as McKay and Sheppard on SG-1

Sasusc
November 16th, 2006, 12:18 PM

SciFi did not cancel the show based on watching the 200th episode. They wouldn't make that kind of decision based solely on an episode. This was probably put on the table months ago. The decision to cancelled was probably made before the 200th episode was airred or even the day before the announcement to the crew.

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 12:33 PM
SciFi did not cancel the show based on watching the 200th episode. They wouldn't make that kind of decision based solely on an episode. This was probably put on the table months ago. The decision to cancelled was probably made before the 200th episode was airred or even the day before the announcement to the crew.

Like i said this has been on the table for several years.

200 = final straw

Sasusc
November 16th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Like i said this has been on the table for several years.

200 = final straw
I don't think it was the final straw. They were going to cancel it no matter how the 200th episode was done. If everyone loved the 200th episode, the show was still going to get cancelled. It was already decided.

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I don't think it was the final straw. They were going to cancel it no matter how the 200th episode was done. If everyone loved the 200th episode, the show was still going to get cancelled. It was already decided.

i can picture it now - sci-fi before 200 >> "let's cancel sg-1.... oh and let's throw buckets of money to advertise episode 200 so the viewers will agree with our decision."

Farscapefan
November 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Exactly. I can't find the article now, this was earlier this year, but I remember the quotes from SciFi channel execs that they want season 10 to be the last, and MGM's people wanting SG-1 to go into season 11 (and beyond). SciFi channel wanted only their frelling record.

PG15
November 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I still see no proof for all of your wild assertions ViPER.

Don't worry, you'll get used to real discussion, in time. :p

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2006, 07:28 PM
**grins** I must watch it again. Don't know why, but I only seen it twice, and that was the day it aired.

To be sightly more on topic: I think it's funny that we all like and dislike different parts of the episode. I hate the puppet scenes, but others love it. I love S/J wedding, while others hate it.

Well I'm a shipper so I loved it. I found the "Team America" skit corny but I still enjoy it.

Sasusc
November 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
i can picture it now - sci-fi before 200 >> "let's cancel sg-1.... oh and let's throw buckets of money to advertise episode 200 so the viewers will agree with our decision."
Whoever said Sci-fi exec.s are smart? They cancelled a great show. :P

Mitchell82
November 16th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Whoever said Sci-fi exec.s are smart? They cancelled a great show. :P

Scifi exces smart?Hah! They are bantha poodo!:p

ViPER650
November 16th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I still see no proof for all of your wild assertions ViPER.

Don't worry, you'll get used to real discussion, in time. :p

It's not wild, for years they've been saying this is the last year - they geared up for 200 and most likely wanted something great like what they are used to every week - when instead they got the goods and noticed they had a lemon in thier hands instead of blue jello.

I like the blue jello.

*I would like to add that a lemon every once in a while is ok - but it's not something you want to advertise every 15 minutes for two weeks. Like inviting the whole town to a train wreck. They were probably really really mad - like me!

PG15
November 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Maybe, or maybe they loved it!

Nobody will eeeever know. :p

LORD MONK
November 17th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I think it is one big conspiracy. The hole telling us the Furling where gong to be in it and then the mad let down just to wake up and find out that it has been cancelled. Can I get a big WTF!!! Of ourse MGM knew and SciFi knew. On something like taht you pick a date to release the info. Not come running out of the meeting and it is in the next printed newspaper. It was all planned from the beginning. Look at how much money they spent on an ep. that sucked. Can you imagine if they spent that much money on Pegasus Project? The artings would have been outragous.

Sasusc
November 17th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I think it is one big conspiracy. The hole telling us the Furling where gong to be in it and then the mad let down just to wake up and find out that it has been cancelled. Can I get a big WTF!!! Of ourse MGM knew and SciFi knew. On something like taht you pick a date to release the info. Not come running out of the meeting and it is in the next printed newspaper. It was all planned from the beginning. Look at how much money they spent on an ep. that sucked. Can you imagine if they spent that much money on Pegasus Project? The artings would have been outragous.
I would think upon learning that Episode 200 was going to a FUN episode, and then learning that the Furlings would be on it (after hearing from the writers for a long time that they have no plans to bring the Furlings into a story), one would think there would be a catch. I'm a big S/J shipper. When I heard news of a wedding, I knew there was going to be a catch. I wasn't expecting much on terms of furthering that relationship in this episode. I never expected to see the "real" Furlings in this episode, either upon learning they were going to be in it.

ViPER650
November 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Maybe, or maybe they loved it!

Nobody will eeeever know. :p

haha - they loved it so much they couldnt even sleep on it one night before pulling the plug.

200 just seems to have been the wrong episode for 200, 199 and id say - eh it was ok. Some episodes do carry wieght that decide the fate of a show. Let me remind you of a thing called the pilot. Don't think decisions are not based on single events like the all spectacular 200th gala event episode that sci fi had in mind and 200 was in no way shape or form anything great.

If sg1s done for sure episode 200 will haunt me for ever.

ParadoxRealities
November 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
i was looking forward to 200. i figured it would be a fun, goofy episode for the writers, actors, and maybe the hardcore fans to celebrate SG-1. i liked Wormhole X-Treme, Space Race, The Other Guys, Avenger 2.0, etc. Stargate, IMO, was usually good at doing funny eps (though their taste has dropped far and fast recently). but 200 was horrible. a love letter? it was a slap in the face. fun? boring. a celebration? HAH. where? very limited commentary, no great ties to the last 10 years, no interesting character beats, nothing great, much less outstanding at all. RDA had a cameo, for cryin out loud! some of the skits were good ideas. invisible jack turned out ok but could have had more in-jokes. the puppets would have been good if there was anything clever about them at all. the wizard of oz would have been wonderful if it had been done right: Vala's dorothy? mitchell's scarecrow? what kind of BS is that? that doesn't celebrate anything, it slaps fans in the face (note: not all). yes, i know it was Vala's idea, but that in itself is horrible. not only is she supposedly clueless about earth culture, it totally undermines one of the beautiful long-running humorous stings of stargate. if you want something for vala and mitchell, give it to 'em, don't steal it from the oldies, that's theirs.

Farscapefan
November 17th, 2006, 02:42 PM
i was looking forward to 200. i figured it would be a fun, goofy episode for the writers, actors, and maybe the hardcore fans to celebrate SG-1. i liked Wormhole X-Treme, Space Race, The Other Guys, Avenger 2.0, etc. Stargate, IMO, was usually good at doing funny eps (though their taste has dropped far and fast recently). but 200 was horrible. a love letter? it was a slap in the face. fun? boring. a celebration? HAH. where? very limited commentary, no great ties to the last 10 years, no interesting character beats, nothing great, much less outstanding at all. RDA had a cameo, for cryin out loud! some of the skits were good ideas. invisible jack turned out ok but could have had more in-jokes. the puppets would have been good if there was anything clever about them at all. the wizard of oz would have been wonderful if it had been done right: Vala's dorothy? mitchell's scarecrow? what kind of BS is that? that doesn't celebrate anything, it slaps fans in the face (note: not all). yes, i know it was Vala's idea, but that in itself is horrible. not only is she supposedly clueless about earth culture, it totally undermines one of the beautiful long-running humorous stings of stargate. if you want something for vala and mitchell, give it to 'em, don't steal it from the oldies, that's theirs.

Personally I loved Vala's Dorothy. And I must admit that Vala had really great taste in picking the BEST of TV/cinema she was watching on the base. Slap in the face? Strong words. TOO STRONG.

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Personally I loved Vala's Dorothy. And I must admit that Vala had really great taste in picking the BEST of TV/cinema she was watching on the base. Slap in the face? Strong words. TOO STRONG.

Agreed I laughed my ass off in that scene. She pulled it off quite well, and Thor as Rygel, priceless. I loved the "Team America" skit, the "hip" team, Tealc PI the "Furlings". Everything was done perfectly as they paid homage to all the fans including the ones that have gripes with the show. Like the "Last Stand" skit. For those who don't remember it eended with them surround with no means of eescape and we were told what was going to happen but it was never shown. I loved that ep including the ending but I liked how they mentiond it to fans who had issues with it. The only problem I have with 200 is the ending. Not the Wormhole X-Treme part but the "interview" part with Peter. His "potty" mouth is really anoying. I just skip past his part. That is the only reason this ep gets a 9/10 instead of 10.

PG15
November 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
200 just seems to have been the wrong episode for 200, 199 and id say - eh it was ok. Some episodes do carry wieght that decide the fate of a show. Let me remind you of a thing called the pilot. Don't think decisions are not based on single events like the all spectacular 200th gala event episode that sci fi had in mind and 200 was in no way shape or form anything great.

Oh come on, you can't compare the pilot to the 200th. For one, the pilot is under a helluva lot more scrutiny by pretty much everyone involved.

And you don't like it? That's fine, but don't you even dare pretend to speak for everyone. For me, 200th was the perfect episode for the occasion.

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Oh come on, you can't compare the pilot to the 200th. For one, the pilot is under a helluva lot more scrutiny by pretty much everyone involved.

And you don't like it? That's fine, but don't you even dare pretend to speak for everyone. For me, 200th was the perfect episode for the occasion.

Agreed. Comapring 200 to "Children of the God's" is like comparing Santa to the Easter Bunny!:rolleyes: :p

PG15
November 17th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Or comparing the Easter Bunny to...Darth Vader.

;)

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Or comparing the Easter Bunny to...Darth Vader.

;)

:indeed: Yeah I can see it now.... Darth Vader: Luke I am your father.....
Eeaster bunny: Hippity hoppity easters on it's way.. I am you father Lukey Pookie!
Luke out of utter fear jabs himself with his lightsaber:P

ViPER650
November 17th, 2006, 11:42 PM

Silly. I am simply using "pilot" as an example how a single episode can be important for the success of a show. Children of the god's would be a successful example of a "pilot".

but its funny you defend episode 1 from being compared to 200 - Since I assume you love them both soooo much. Ha hahahaha

But I would say its like comparing lemons to chocolate pudding! :)

PG15
November 17th, 2006, 11:56 PM
You aren't a politician, are ya? ;) I was obviously comparing a generic pilot with a generic (but important) regular episode.

Anyway, I actually like 200 a lot better...COTG was...not quite up there with the heights of SG1 IMHO.

I'm so gonna get dinged now. :jack_new_anime25:

Mitchell82
November 18th, 2006, 09:03 AM
You aren't a politician, are ya? ;) I was obviously comparing a generic pilot with a generic (but important) regular episode.

Anyway, I actually like 200 a lot better...COTG was...not quite up there with the heights of SG1 IMHO.

Yeah I'd duck if I were you!:cool:

Daniel Jackson
November 18th, 2006, 09:31 AM

"Children of the Gods" was far better than "200," which was a lame story about people sitting around a table talking about Marty's movie. The imaginary sequences were kind of pointless since they didn't really happen.

PG15
November 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Mitchell82
November 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM
"Children of the Gods" was far better than "200," which was a lame story about people sitting around a table talking about Marty's movie. The imaginary sequences were kind of pointless since they didn't really happen.

Mabey in your opinion I just don't share it.

Daniel Jackson
November 18th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Obviously it's my opinion. Do you have anything to say beyond disagreeing with my opinion? :confused:

Mitchell82
November 18th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Obviously it's my opinion. Do you have anything to say beyond disagreeing with my opinion? :confused:

Yup 200 Rocked!:D

ParadoxRealities
November 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Personally I loved Vala's Dorothy. And I must admit that Vala had really great taste in picking the BEST of TV/cinema she was watching on the base.i can see why you would think that. but to the many fans (not: not all) that enjoyed previous seasons, the Wizard of Oz is a special group. it's about jack, sam, daniel, and teal'c. taking that from them is just...wrong. :( i'm not saying cater just to those fans, but don't potentially ruin it for them either. Wizard of Oz is classic stuff, if you're trying to celebrate 200 eps, you do it with the classic team, not the new guys who have no real reason to be there within the story, much less deserve it within the fandom.
Slap in the face? Strong words. TOO STRONG.too strong for who? TPTB called it a 'love letter', i find those words much too strong, not to mention false. they were trying to insult me and they succeeded. they slapped me in the face. seems pretty straight forward to me.

Aria Rayn
November 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I could've done without "200", too.

It was comedy hour. The only thing I liked was the...wait, what DID I like about it? :S

(Oh - I liked InvisiJack :) )

But other than that my first impression was that it was comedy and !-Heart-Mitchell!!!" hour (re-watching it later, I reluctantly admitted that Mitchell's idea wasn't the only I-Heart-Me idea goin' 'round the table...)

I think the reason why it virtually sucked for me was because, you know, sure it was funny, but I was serious excited and looking forward to seeing O'Neill again. From the comercial for that episode, my impression was that he was going to make a few big or one major signfificant contribution to the plotline. Needless to say, I was thoroughly disappointed with the lame lines and his pointless presence (in the episode, among members of the old SG-1, etc...).

:( (There was also the lamest wedding that I've seen in a movie/episode for some time...)

*heavy sigh*

Afterthought:

I didn't like the Wizard of Oz theme being used on the so-called "new and improved" SG-1, either. My thought-patterns are, if Jack & Hammond and all the other people aren't good enough anymore, why are their ideas/jokes/etc?

(Also, I simply loathed Sam's role as the "good witch". The Sam Carter I grew to know throughout the seasons wouldn't be caught dead wearing s poofy dress - esp. after "Emancipation" - and waiting behind while the guys (and gal) went off to action.)

My two cents, for whatever they're worth :samanime20:

ParadoxRealities
November 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM
But other than that my first impression was that it was comedy and !-Heart-Mitchell!!!" hour (re-watching it later, I reluctantly admitted that Mitchell's idea wasn't the only I-Heart-Me idea goin' 'round the table...)it was pretty darn high on the I-Heart-Me O-Meter though.
I think the reason why it virtually sucked for me was because, you know, sure it was funny, but I was serious excited and looking forward to seeing O'Neill again. From the comercial for that episode, my impression was that he was going to make a few big or one major signfificant contribution to the plotline. Needless to say, I was thoroughly disappointed with the lame lines and his pointless presence (in the episode, among members of the old SG-1, etc...).i can see that. i could have gone with it just being a celebration, but a major plot jump would have been good too. or maybe both? :) now that would be a 200 worth its name. and totally agree about jack. it's JACK, for crying out loud. like him or not he was a major part of SG-1 for a major part of those 200 eps; DO something with him. honor him! but then, i could say the same about Sam...and Teal'c...Daniel...Hammond...Bra'tac...Jacob...Rya'c...Walter... Janet...Cassie...or even :gasp: Jonas. especially Janet, she was in more SG-1 eps than Mitchell and Vala combined. and they've got no excuse for Cassie; they didn't even need the same actress.
:( (There was also the lamest wedding that I've seen in a movie/episode for some time...)slap-->shipper face. one of the many slaps to one of the many faces.
I didn't like the Wizard of Oz theme being used on the so-called "new and improved" SG-1, either. My thought-patterns are, if Jack & Hammond and all the other people aren't good enough anymore, why are their ideas/jokes/etc?see? slap-->old!fans!new!antis! face. you wanna worship the new guys, take it away from the Wizard of Oz. and no, it's not about the Wizard of Oz, it's about history. and respect.
](Also, I simply loathed Sam's role as the "good witch". The Sam Carter I grew to know throughout the seasons wouldn't be caught dead wearing s poofy dress - esp. after "Emancipation" - and waiting behind while the guys (and gal) went off to action.)now see, THAT would be a good thing to remember in the 200th ep! maybe throw in something with Felger's doll and Sam's Major Matt Mason. :D i love stargate.

PG15
November 18th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Wait a minute now, Mitch and Vala did contribute to some of the episodes, it'll be wrong to exclude them.

mancslad08
November 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
What a pathetic waste of the 200th episode.

Sasusc
November 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Agreed I laughed my ass off in that scene. She pulled it off quite well, and Thor as Rygel, priceless. I loved the "Team America" skit, the "hip" team, Tealc PI the "Furlings". Everything was done perfectly as they paid homage to all the fans including the ones that have gripes with the show. Like the "Last Stand" skit. For those who don't remember it eended with them surround with no means of eescape and we were told what was going to happen but it was never shown. I loved that ep including the ending but I liked how they mentiond it to fans who had issues with it. The only problem I have with 200 is the ending. Not the Wormhole X-Treme part but the "interview" part with Peter. His "potty" mouth is really anoying. I just skip past his part. That is the only reason this ep gets a 9/10 instead of 10.

I always forget that the real ending of the episode is the interview thingy (ten years into the future). I don't care for this ending. In fact, I wipe it from my mind and have the ending as the team and everyone leaving through the Stargate. I tend to forget that this isn't the ending unless it's brought up. It really distracts from the whole episode with the "potty" mouth part.

No dinged for that. IMO, I can't compare the two episodes to see which one I like better. They are so different. COTG was meant to bring people to the show and get them interested in it. 200 was a tribute to the fans for the long years of watching and keeping the show going.

I think the reason why it virtually sucked for me was because, you know, sure it was funny, but I was serious excited and looking forward to seeing O'Neill again. From the comercial for that episode, my impression was that he was going to make a few big or one major signfificant contribution to the plotline. Needless to say, I was thoroughly disappointed with the lame lines and his pointless presence (in the episode, among members of the old SG-1, etc...).

:( (There was also the lamest wedding that I've seen in a movie/episode for some time...)

*heavy sigh*

Yes, I hated that the episode promoted that Jack was back for the episode, but he only appeared on screen for a very short time. I had hoped that he would have a "major signfificant contribution to the plotline" and felt that his presence seemed to be wasted on the episode.

I loved the wedding scene, and didn't feel like it was slap in the face. I thought it was a cute wedding scene, but I didn't like how Vala stood up as the maid-of-honor. I felt that position should have been filled by Cassie. I still squeel and have a huge grin on when I think about this wedding.

mancslad08
November 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Wait a minute now, Mitch and Vala did contribute to some of the episodes, it'll be wrong to exclude them.
200 was rubbish, pathetic, pointless and the perfect example of how the series has gone downhil these past few years. What a waste of RDA and as has been said a slap in the face to the fans.

No wonder Gateworld only gave it 2 stars.

PG15
November 21st, 2006, 05:09 PM
"Gateworld" in this case is none other than Darren himself, so it's just another fan's opinion.

I respect yours and disagree completely...but one question, why did you quote my post?

mancslad08
November 22nd, 2006, 05:32 AM
Sorry didn't mean to quote your post.

Regardless of whether it's one fan's opinion, this site still has a highly-regarded review section that many people visit, and they'll see two stars.

I would have given it 1 personally but that's me.

I dare you to tell us one thing you HATE about Stargate, be it an episode, a character, a scene...

Mitchell82
November 22nd, 2006, 11:30 AM
Sorry didn't mean to quote your post.

Regardless of whether it's one fan's opinion, this site still has a highly-regarded review section that many people visit, and they'll see two stars.

I would have given it 1 personally but that's me.

I dare you to tell us one thing you HATE about Stargate, be it an episode, a character, a scene...

Ok I hate that it is cancelled!:)

ParadoxRealities
November 22nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wait a minute now, Mitch and Vala did contribute to some of the episodes, it'll be wrong to exclude them.if you were referring to me:
i don't believe i said anything about excluding Cam and Vala from 200. they were in SG-1, they deserve it, whether i think they should have been or not. i said they shouldn't be part of the Wizard of Oz because that, as decided in past episodes, is strictly Jack=scarecrow, Sam=dorothy, Daniel=lion, Teal'c=tin man. changing that shows a lack of respect and care for past history and characters that i find seriously wrong. they did the same thing with Sam's bridesmaid and the interviews. 200 was supposed to be about celebrating 200 episodes, not 26.

Serebii
November 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM
This ep was just pointlessly silly

I loved it :D

Matt G
November 22nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
7:10pm. I switch on TV to watch Champions League previews while fixing up dinner. There is no sound. There are no pictures. On Stargate night. PANIC! :eek:...untill I remembered that my grandparents wanted me to do some IT tutoring at their place anyway and they also have Sky One! ;)

Anyway...

1. The opening few minutes with the Furlings confused the hell out of my grandfather!

2. The puppet thing was at least partly Thunderbirds. Evil-puppet Teal'c certainly reminded me of The Hood!

3. Invisible Jack. Couldn't have been for real.

4. Teal'c PI and Trek parody was the bestr of the bunch. Or was it the secret part of 1969?

5. Wormhole XTreme stuff at the end was surplus to requirements.

Thing is, you can only really compare this ep to Wormhole Xtreme. And 200 probably has the edge here.

Avenger
November 22nd, 2006, 04:59 PM
Ep. 200 was taken in the same light as Ep. 100 which is supposed to be viewed as a joke from the start. Why it isn't okay for the 200th to continue the light heartedness from the 100th is beyond me. It's one episode in 100. This is one percent of the episodes since 100. One freaking episode. Get over it.

Personally, I found the episode absoultely hilarious. TPTB decided to take all of the gripeist fans gripes and poke fun at them. That takes guts and genius to pull off, and they pulled it off brilliantly.

PG15
November 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM

Hopefully they'll be smart enough to watch the episode for themselves and decide for themselves whether they like it or not.

Besides the cancellation thing...I really don't like "Emancipation".

mancslad08
November 22nd, 2006, 05:50 PM
Ep. 200 was taken in the same light as Ep. 100 which is supposed to be viewed as a joke from the start. Why it isn't okay for the 200th to continue the light heartedness from the 100th is beyond me. It's one episode in 100. This is one percent of the episodes since 100. One freaking episode. Get over it.

Personally, I found the episode absoultely hilarious. TPTB decided to take all of the gripeist fans gripes and poke fun at them. That takes guts and genius to pull off, and they pulled it off brilliantly.
Wormwhole Extreme, had a plot, had action, was a bit of light-hearted humour. Ok it wasn't great but WAAAYYYY better than...

200: this had no plot, didn't make any sense, dumb scenes that don't really happen, a wasted RDA appearance (I just watched Atlantis 'The Real World', wow, now THAT is how Jack O'Neill should be (and used to be). Not the stupid walking 'unfunny' joke he has been for the past few years). So yes, 200 wasn't an episode, it was a mess, and apart from a few funny gags a very pathetic one.

Madeleine
November 22nd, 2006, 10:07 PM
I LOVED this episode :cool::D:D:cool:

Perhaps it helped a little that I was dreading it**, but I know I'd have loved it anyway.

It was perhaps the first comedy episode where they didn't bother with a plot; yes, there was a plot, but while most plots can be summed up in a few sentences, this one could be detailed in a few words, and that was quite risky. They really needed the jokes to come fast and flying. I think they succeeded brilliantly.

Invisible Jack was fabulous. The puppet sequence was a bit drawn out, but it had great gags here and there like the inability of a puppet to write. And the denouement was ROFL even though it was seen coming a mile off.

BRILLIANT to see Farscape again :) AT had Chianna's stance down pat. Thor did a good job as Rygel. The kooky dialogue was spot on as a parody.

The little asides and snarks at fans, PTBs etc were nice and brief - quick easy laugh, then move on, nothing so laboured as to alienate the casual viewer. The whole thing seemed like a genuine tribute to the main cast :) -including Jack :D and seemed like it would have been a joy to make for everyone. It was everything Wormhole Extreme wasn't.

The endpiece with the WX 'actors' was funny at first but quickly became too much, and it's the only thing I'd change, although it was less intrusive than last time.

I wanna watch it again, now! Stupid having to go to work :mad:

**can you blame me? I had good reasons:
(1) wormhole extreme
(2) puppets in the spoiler pics
(3) why the hell would I NEED a third reason to dread it, did you not read (1)&(2)? ;)

Mitchell82
November 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hopefully they'll be smart enough to watch the episode for themselves and decide for themselves whether they like it or not.

Besides the cancellation thing...I really don't like "Emancipation".

I agree it is one of my least favorites however I still watch it.

PG15
November 22nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
I did too; I watched it once, and then realized that I didn't like it.

And I never watched it again. :p

Mitchell82
November 22nd, 2006, 11:00 PM
I did too; I watched it once, and then realized that I didn't like it.

And I never watched it again. :p

LOL yeah it is aweful but my wife likes it so a mans got to do what a man's got to do!:P

DeltaFlyer
November 23rd, 2006, 03:21 AM
WOW, 200 lived up to my expectations. Even my hubby (Who's not a Stargate fan) enjoyed it and got quite a few of the jokes.

Loved it Loved it, Loved it, pity the 'Star Trek' and 'Farscape' segments weren't a little longer though. I nearly fell off the sofa when 'SG-90210' came on (I'd read negative things about that part, but I thought it was like totally like awesome dude (LOL). And when the Mountain exploded, whoa !!! Teal'c PI, they gotta do that as a real show :cool: with Daniel as his trusty; snarky; always getting them in to trouble, sidekick ;) ;) ;)

Did I say I Loved it :) :) :)

The Great Lord Baal
November 23rd, 2006, 03:26 AM
How can you not like 200 brill in my opinion

O'Neill4prez
November 23rd, 2006, 08:03 AM
I do think they wasted an RDA appearancebut the rest of the episode was good especially the puppets and the farscape bits. i think they intended the episode to do a Siompson's halloween and make it a stand alone episode anyway, anyways it was the 200th so i think we can let it go and let them have tje fun they deserve after creating such a brilllant show:jack:

Promethius30
November 23rd, 2006, 08:24 AM
How can you not like 200 brill in my opinion

same in my opinoin i love 200 :) :)

Leiutenant Bong
November 23rd, 2006, 11:01 AM
What rubbish!!!!! Just couldn't get into this episaode at all. Just seem to be a whole load of bad ideas shoved together. What are your opinions?

Promethius30
November 23rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
there alredy a thread on this and by the way i realy like it:)
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37323

~Benjamin~
November 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
i loved this episode and particuly the scene with mitchell and the zombies (awww i loved it) and the producer guy (wats his name) said zombies have been done to death but i disagree i loved it and cant wait to see the episode again , oh i also liked the puppets and the teen SG1 :D

mancslad08
November 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
i loved this episode and particuly the scene with mitchell and the zombies (awww i loved it) and the producer guy (wats his name) said zombies have been done to death but i disagree i loved it and cant wait to see the episode again , oh i also liked the puppets and the teen SG1 :D
You liked a 1 minute clip of Zombies walking down the SGC corridor?

Wow, you're pleased easily. Just like the majority of members on this board.

Eye Of Ra
November 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
I loved it

Mitchell82
November 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
WOW, 200 lived up to my expectations. Even my hubby (Who's not a Stargate fan) enjoyed it and got quite a few of the jokes.

Loved it Loved it, Loved it, pity the 'Star Trek' and 'Farscape' segments weren't a little longer though. I nearly fell off the sofa when 'SG-90210' came on (I'd read negative things about that part, but I thought it was like totally like awesome dude (LOL). And when the Mountain exploded, whoa !!! Teal'c PI, they gotta do that as a real show :cool: with Daniel as his trusty; snarky; always getting them in to trouble, sidekick ;) ;) ;)

Did I say I Loved it :) :) :)

Oh I agree 100%!

RepliHawk
November 23rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
I loved it

Me too

ACharmedAsgard
November 24th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Episode 200 Good :D

The Great Lord Baal
November 24th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Indeed i just dont get why people dont like it.

DeltaFlyer
November 24th, 2006, 05:10 AM

Probably a sense of humor thing - they don't have one ;)

ACharmedAsgard
November 24th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Probably a sense of humor thing - they don't have one ;)
People say I don't have a sense of humour so i don't think we can use that one LOL

DeltaFlyer
November 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM
People say I don't have a sense of humour so i don't think we can use that one LOL

BUT - do the people who say you don't have a sense of humor have a sense of humor themselves ???? :o ;) :) if that makes any sense whatsover ;)

Mitchell82
November 24th, 2006, 09:07 AM

B/c they have no ida what a great episode it is.

ACharmedAsgard
November 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
BUT - do the people who say you don't have a sense of humor have a sense of humor themselves ???? :o ;) :) if that makes any sense whatsover ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm an interesting question:tealcanime49: :P lol

PG15
November 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Me three.

Trek_Girl42
November 24th, 2006, 07:53 PM
me four :D

Hooperman1990
November 25th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Me 5 (non-gatehead dad 6 and non-gatehead brother 7)

DeltaFlyer
November 25th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Me 8 and non-Gatehead hubby 9 ;)

meredithchandler73
November 25th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Me 10. :) I was just rewatching this earlier today. I can understand why not everyone would think it was the greatest episode ever, but I enjoyed it immensely.

ACharmedAsgard
November 25th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Very funny episode :) thums up

sueKay
November 25th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I didn't enjoy it at all the second time through.

Promethius30
November 25th, 2006, 12:16 PM
me and about 20 people at school i forced to watch it they all like it

Daniel Jackson
November 25th, 2006, 12:29 PM
I'm a big fan of SG-1, but I didn't like it. While the imaginary clips were funny, I found them to be fluff, because they weren't actually happening. I also found the TV episode about making a movie premise to be lame, because all they did was sit around, talk, and make pop culture referrences.

"Wormhole X-Treme!" worked, because it had an actual story where SG-1 was on a mission, there were no imaginary sequences, and any refferences they made were to previous episodes with the occasional Star Trek reference which is a very popular show.

Kady
November 25th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hey, is it me or has the DeLuise lost weight! I mean ---> :eek: I was watching the episode 200 and never has the DeLuise looked more Gorgeous than what he did in this episode!!! I talking about the bulging biceps!! *thud*

*makes grabbie hand*

KdJC: wait, PETER Deluise?!?!?! :jack_new_anime05:
KdSC: *sigh* i know! :sheppard33:

Admiral Mappalazarou
November 25th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Loved it.

.Ra.
November 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Well, this definitely should not have been an episode, rather a special for the fans. Got to admit there was lots to laugh about but it was not really worth the excitement. Why didn't they use Richard Dean Anderson in some cool action connected to the main storyline? Why did they waste the Furlings at the expense of some serious utilization in the future? And what kind of a crazy obsession is the whole show in the show idea?

mancslad08
November 25th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Because it's a boring, cliched, waste of space that isn't interesting, has a dull script, is a pointless use of RDA and ends with the most boring 10 minutes of SG-1 ever?

Peter DeLuise swearing for 10 minutes but bleeped out...

Hilarious.

full.infinity
November 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Well, this definitely should not have been an episode, rather a special for the fans. Got to admit there was lots to laugh about but it was not really worth the excitement. Why didn't they use Richard Dean Anderson in some cool action connected to the main storyline? Why did they waste the Furlings at the expense of some serious utilization in the future? And what kind of a crazy obsession is the whole show in the show idea?
IMHO you just missed the point of the episode.

Abydos1
November 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I thought it was great! I especially loved the beginning. "We are the Furlings."

full.infinity
November 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM
the most boring 10 minutes of SG-1 ever?
No, I'm sorry, nothing will be more boring than the scene with the Asgard in "The Fifth Race".

ACharmedAsgard
November 25th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I actually liked that part

jenks
November 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
No, I'm sorry, nothing will be more boring than the scene with the Asgard in "The Fifth Race".

I disagree, when I first saw it I was glued to the screen hanging on every word, whereas with 200 I was just waiting for it to end and haven't watched it since...

full.infinity
November 25th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I disagree, when I first saw it I was glued to the screen hanging on every word, whereas with 200 I was just waiting for it to end and haven't watched it since...

Interesting, it was practically the exact opposite with me.

mancslad08
November 26th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Interesting, it was practically the exact opposite with me.
The Fifth Race was a great episode and that scene with the Asguard was brilliant.

Watching a bunch of random people we don't know or care about for 10 minutes swearing is lazy writing not to mention boring. The pathetic script for 200 couldn't last another 10 minutes so they threw in 'that'.

I agree with .Ra. this should have been a special for the fans, not an episode. Using RDA in a good way?? Nahh!!! How can the writer's think of something so clever?

Stevos
November 26th, 2006, 06:05 AM
It was massively depressing esp, in it the film is cancelled and the series is continued, why can't this be the case in real life. Life without stargate will be strange. Thats 10 years of my life ended, ouch.

meredithchandler73
November 26th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I was #10 with chiming in about loving 200. As I said before, I enjoyed the episode immensely, but by no means do I think it was perfect. The puppet sequence could have been a bit shorter and the invisibility sequence could have been a tiny bit shorter (though it wasn't so long that I was saying, "Enough already!"). The swearing was a tad overdone. But overall I really loved the episode. Furlings = oversized Ewoks. Working in the "reproductive organs" line once again (in the puppet sequence). "How about not such a round number - 38 seconds!" There's a comment about why they're making a movie of a TV show that only lasted 3 episodes. Teal'c: "Apparently, it did very well on DVD." I guessed that was supposed to be Firefly. I've never seen that show, but I know it didn't last long on TV, but had a great fan base and was made into a movie.

Anyway, I loved all the things they managed to fit in - most especially Mitchell's line about the audience being intelligent and sensitive. (Sorry, I can't remember the exact line, but I remember cheering when I heard it.) My other big cheer was for the Farscape spoof. (Short and sweet - very well done.)

full.infinity
November 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM
The Fifth Race was a great episode and that scene with the Asguard was brilliant.
This must be some new usage of the word 'brilliant' that I've never seen used before.

Watching a bunch of random people we don't know or care about for 10 minutes swearing is lazy writing not to mention boring. The pathetic script for 200 couldn't last another 10 minutes so they threw in 'that'.
The swearing was a very tiny part of that, and the scene was only 6 minutes.

I agree with .Ra. this should have been a special for the fans, not an episode. Using RDA in a good way?? Nahh!!! How can the writer's think of something so clever?
This is a special for the fans. If this advanced plot it would have been so screwed up it would have ruined the whole thing. Look how hard it was to get RDA in Atlantis without making it just a dream! RDA is gone.

jenks
November 26th, 2006, 10:29 AM
This must be some new usage of the word 'brilliant' that I've never seen used before.

I think you'll find that the majority of fans enjoyed that scene...

Look how hard it was to get RDA in Atlantis without making it just a dream! RDA is gone.

Haven't been keeping up to date with the episodes I see...

jazz ninja
November 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I really like it. I was a bit confused at first, the whole Furlings thing had me thinking “*%$# Did I miss an episode?” and, although I laughed very loudly at some parts (the puppet Daniel drawing on the white board, Invisible Jack, “Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning!” etc) I did kind of wonder what was going on.
Having watched a few more times I think it is fantastic. I think its really cool that the producers have credited us fans with enough intellect to say “They can follow it”.
I like: the way they’ve played with the border between Stargate characters and Tapping/Shanks etc as actors (the “we / they” thing).
The making fun of other sci fi shows.
Great to see RDA again.
Vala’s surreal film idea is classic (Teal’cs platted beard!!! :-) )
I also think Willie Garson is fantastic as Martin.
I think this episode is more of a light hearted look at the whole sci fi genre, using Stargate as a base. The producers said in the “inside 200” documentary that 200 is meant to stand alone. I think those who don’t like it should watch it again with this in mind, and theres a good chance they’d enjoy it alot more. This kind of TV is very hard to pull off and I think they’ve done it with flying colours.

Exiled Master
November 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I've been watching clips on youtube, and the part where :cameron: gets punk'd is the best. As for the Furlings, I think TPTB were really messing with our heads.

Merlin1701
November 28th, 2006, 02:23 AM
"200" was THE WORST Stargate episode EVER!!!!!

I was really angry; it didn’t develop the storyline, characters or their back story! It was nothing more than a waste of an hour, which I could have used to write the bloody program that I have been putting off!

The best part of the episode was the "Team America: World Police" segment and that was only on screen for a moment.

To summarise,
IT WAS S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

full.infinity
November 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I think you'll find that the majority of fans enjoyed that scene...
The majority of fans enjoyed '200', too.

Haven't been keeping up to date with the episodes I see...spoilers for SGA s3
5 episodes out of 40, in 1 of them it's a joke and in one of them it's Weir's dream. That narrows it down to three episodes, two, really, because "The Return" is a two-parter. And in "The Return" he's only here because Woolsey was lonely and intimidated by the Ancients.

PG15
November 28th, 2006, 09:20 PM
"200" was THE WORST Stargate episode EVER!!!!!

I was really angry; it didn’t develop the storyline, characters or their back story! It was nothing more than a waste of an hour, which I could have used to write the bloody program that I have been putting off!

The best part of the episode was the "Team America: World Police" segment and that was only on screen for a moment.

To summarise,
IT WAS S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind that it was supposed to be a one-off, fun celebration of 200th episodes. It was never intended to be part of the series' overall arc.

Merlin1701
November 29th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I would have preferred a more active fun episode that develops the storyline as the series is nearly over.
Yes the possibility of a movie type conclusion to the Ori threat is on the cards but how long will they take to produce. The more delving question; it took seven or eight seasons to diminish the strangle hold of the Go'auld over the MW, how is it that an extensively more advanced threat can be brushed away in such a short space of time?

Getting back to the point in hand, one of my favourite episodes was the temporal loop episode that we see Jack and Tealc playing golf into the gate, many grate Stargate episodes have a humorous factor. The 200th episode was not a rip roaring thriller I was disappointed; not because I had envisioned a great episode but because it fell short of what I have become accustomed to from a Stargate episode.

Serebii
November 29th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I would have preferred a more active fun episode that develops the storyline as the series is nearly over.
Yes the possibility of a movie type conclusion to the Ori threat is on the cards but how long will they take to produce. The more delving question; it took seven or eight seasons to diminish the strangle hold of the Go'auld over the MW, how is it that an extensively more advanced threat can be brushed away in such a short space of time?

Getting back to the point in hand, one of my favourite episodes was the temporal loop episode that we see Jack and Tealc playing golf into the gate, many grate Stargate episodes have a humorous factor. The 200th episode was not a rip roaring thriller I was disappointed; not because I had envisioned a great episode but because it fell short of what I have become accustomed to from a Stargate episode.
They didnt know the series was nearly over when they wrote and filmed the episode. They had contracts up for most of the cast til Season 11

PG15
November 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM

Ah, actually, there's a logic to that.

The Goa'uld was already entranched in the MW, so getting rid of each and every one of them as well as their hard-nosed followers were going to be hard.

The Ori/Ori followers, on the other hand, is only invading; their doctrine has had little time to "entrench", and the only way they can get to this galaxy is through the supergate, which we've "sealed".

So it's like comparing knocking down a massive, structurally sound building to a flimsy steel skeleton of a incomplete, high-tech building; the second one is obviously going to be easier since it hasn't been fully reinforced.

The Goa'uld had thousands of years, the Ori has had 2.

mancslad08
November 29th, 2006, 06:56 PM
The only good thing about this episode (apart from the young and trendy SG-1) is the fact that the next episode 'Counterstrike' is awesome.

John's PuddleJumper
November 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM
In the ep "inside the 200th episode" Janet Fraiser (Teryl Rothery) and Jacob Carter (Carmen Argenziano) were saying how to bring back their characters and I came up with an idea.

Fristly does anyone know if the Quantum mirror found in the ep "There but for the grace of God" still extists? Because if it does they can come through from an alternate Earth that has been taken by the Ori or something. I think that would be so cool. Sam would be happy for starters!

full.infinity
November 30th, 2006, 01:10 PM
In the ep "inside the 200th episode" Janet Fraiser (Teryl Rothery) and Jacob Carter (Carmen Argenziano) were saying how to bring back their characters and I came up with an idea.

Fristly does anyone know if the Quantum mirror found in the ep "There but for the grace of God" still extists? Because if it does they can come through from an alternate Earth that has been taken by the Ori or something. I think that would be so cool. Sam would be happy for starters!
It was stated in 9x13 "Ripple Effect" that the Quantum Mirror was destroyed. Although there's also the Stargate/blackhole method used in "Ripple Effect".

beale947
November 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
It was a great episode. Different and funny. Teal'c PI and the puppet SG-1. :D Brilliant

"Um it doesn't spin."
"I'm the General, I want it to spin!"

Andy1
December 1st, 2006, 03:50 AM
This is definitely my favourite episode in terms of humour, but not my 'all time' favourite. All of the ideas for Martin Lloyd's movie were very funny in my opinion. Especially the Farscape one, and how the characters were making references to its obscurity and the obscure Farscape words. Having Daniel as John Crichton instead of Mitchell was a nice twist, and Teal'c as Dargo and Mitchell as Stark, both cursing in Farscape-ish made me choke from laughter.:)

The opening scene after the short title sequence (zombies) was very funny, and the Star Trek thing was hilarious. Teal'c as a private investigator was great, "In-deed", too funny. The puppet thing was quite weird and strangely surreal, but good. Heck, it was all great.

Like some others have said on this thread, I like the way they use Wormhole Xtreme as a parody to SG-1, so they can make fun of themselves without it appearing too obvious. I'm not sure that all the cursing was necessary in the end bit, but robot-Teal'c's little bit at the end more than made up for that.

A great if somewhat ridiculous (in a nice way) episode.

Merlin1701
December 1st, 2006, 03:55 AM
Ah, actually, there's a logic to that.

The Goa'uld was already entranched in the MW, so getting rid of each and every one of them as well as their hard-nosed followers were going to be hard.

The Ori/Ori followers, on the other hand, is only invading; their doctrine has had little time to "entrench", and the only way they can get to this galaxy is through the supergate, which we've "sealed".

So it's like comparing knocking down a massive, structurally sound building to a flimsy steel skeleton of a incomplete, high-tech building; the second one is obviously going to be easier since it hasn't been fully reinforced.

The Goa'uld had thousands of years, the Ori has had 2.

The Ori are more advanced than the Goa'uld, we have only destroyed one ship to date; see Pegasus project.

The Ori are taking over more and more worlds each week the show airs, hebriden was named in counter strike if I’m not mistaken that was where the race episode was....

We currently have no real weapon to defend or attack the foe. We don't know how the drones would do against the Ori vessels but I want to find out!

In conclusion the Ori are far more of threat than the Goa'uld...in my opinion the Ori will move on to earth soon. The recently deceased leader of the Jaffa council did mention how they had not yet attacked earth, its coming!

The 200th episode was still crap!!!

PG15
December 2nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
The size of the threat does not indicate how long it will take to defeat them. Once we figure out how to defeat them, the war will be over. Unlike the Goa'uld, stray Priors won't pop up in random places and start fighting us; they're not yet as deeply entranched as the Goa'uld was.

2 analogies illustrate this:

1. WW2 vs. Vietnam; this one's obvious, it took us only about 6 years to quash all of the bad guys of WW2, but the Vietnam war lasted...well, I'm not exactly sure how long, but I know it was a lot more.

2. Getting rid of mold is harder than grease since the mold as had time to "entrench" itself in your walls. :p

full.infinity
December 2nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
The size of the threat does not indicate how long it will take to defeat them. Once we figure out how to defeat them, the war will be over. Unlike the Goa'uld, stray Priors won't pop up in random places and start fighting us; they're not yet as deeply entranched as the Goa'uld was.

1. WW2 vs. Vietnam; this one's obvious, it took us only about 6 years to quash all of the bad guys of WW2, but the Vietnam war lasted...well, I'm not exactly sure how long, but I know it was a lot more.
IIRC it was 10 or so years.

2. Getting rid of mold is harder than grease since the mold as had time to "entrench" itself in your walls. :p
:lol:

John's PuddleJumper
December 3rd, 2006, 02:55 AM
I know the episode was a stand alone which is fine I think 200 had to be like that. But it wasn't as funny as I had hoped.

I did like the bit were Cam is told he dad was Jack and everything leadin upto it that was cool!!

Other than that I never liked Martin Lloyd so it was overall a bit disappointing- much like the Simpson episode with RDA.

Merlin1701
December 6th, 2006, 05:57 AM

Thats crap...We knew how to defeat Iraq...still there.
and the structure of mould over grease is the diffrence.

full.infinity
December 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Thats crap...We knew how to defeat Iraq...still there.
We knew how to get in, we didn't know how to get out. (The Rapture doesn't count as an exit strategy.)

and the structure of mould over grease is the diffrence.
Mold that's deeply rooted in is much harder to get rid of than mold that's not deeply rooted in.

Merlin1701
December 7th, 2006, 02:40 AM
The exit strategy is not an issue.
The problem of political and numbers of enemy is not a real issue, the real issue is that "200" was a bad episode!!!!!!

full.infinity
December 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
The exit strategy is not an issue.
The problem of political and numbers of enemy is not a real issue,
Do you know what a side discussion is? And those are much more "real issue" than any episode of Stargate could ever be.

the real issue is that "200" was a bad episode!!!!!!
Your many exclamation points negate your point. "200" gains 5 awesome points, one for every excess exclamation point.

angelfire east
December 7th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I enjoyed this episode:D I know lots of people have a issuse with it being a write off - humor episode rather then something big but I've known that for a looooooooong time this wasn't going to be anything but a stand-alone-jokie episode.

My favorite scenes (gags):

Term American SG1 -

They had hammond back! I love Don S. Davis. He was so funny "I want it to spin! and walter "Chevron seven…also lit up" LOL. I felt like there was so jokes in there with Daniel that I didn't get becuase I never saw the movies. LOL at his drawing all over the screen. Jack's puppet was most true to life in his movements and sayings lol. This was just brilliant :D

Teal'c P.I - :indeed:

What can I say, The man has got style:D I love the voice over:tealc39: I love Teal'c leaning over Martin, scaring him into saying yes to his idea:lol:

Star Trek SG1-

Too funny, competely ridiculous in the best ways. They'll looks so sexy in their unitforms:) I love the sound effact when Sam blinked and the voice she put on. Cameron is just to sexy (love his hair like that btw).

Young SG1-

Young Daniel really looked like Daniel to me:D LOL it was so funny, loved young Tecl'c hair lol. Young Vala was cool too, I loved her accent :D ANd young Cam and Sam making out "now that what I'm taking about' too o funny. Loved Sam with long hair I think young Teal'c won't have minded a piece of that lol

fishing -

Nice:D I wonder who pitched the idea, Cameron or Vala?

wedding-

What can I say I'm a jcak/Sma shipper I wanted it to be longer. I wanted a kiss, I wanted so much more. But I did enjoy the little we got. What is up wiht the looks on Jack and Sam's face afterwards? I can't figure out what they mean. I'm going to rewatch the scene.

SG1 goes to Oz -

Sma looked beautiful dressed up like that. I love the change from WoO to SG1. Great effact:D

Cameron zombie killing hero -
Using his hands as guns :rotfl: Man he sure looked good in his hero fantasy.

I was disapointed in the furlings, I thought the gag was going to be bigger. I enjoyed the Farspace gag as well but I wish it was longer and Strak(Cameron) had got to do "my side you side, my side your side"

I loved the term getting chanced so fast and Walter too, I really loved that LOL He was so ecited to be going with everyone. I love that Hunk remembered him.

I loved Silers "Why does this always happen to me?"

And everyone buggin Cameron about the file he can never read. After reading things about this gag long before seeing the episode I thought it was going to be more believble. I didn't buy for a second that Jack was really his dad. I can't see how people could. They must have just been missing with me.

The term's reactions to the gags was too funny. And Cameron was too cute all excited about his 200 trip throught the stargate. If this wasn't all a big joke episode I almost saw it was his birthday (cake on the other side :p)

Jack requesting Daniel specifically :lo: He's still getting him all the way from DC :lol: Bet Jack was smiling all day after he made that request:lol: Go Jack:D

The replacment character stuff was too funny.

Interviews at the end. Who played the two actors? I laughed so hard at them. The catch line. All I could think was "now that what I'm talking about" which I love to pieces:D

okay I know I'm missing some stuff but that all the review I can think of right now. Over all it was sad watching this when I know the show got canned. THere so many little thinks in there that I see that jusst remind me that it was being canned and it what a shame it is:(

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
December 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM
For those who still can't quite believe Sky One actually advertised an episode of Stargate, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCPka5VeRW0) it is again.

~Benjamin~
December 9th, 2006, 03:06 PM
i liked this episode as its nice to have some comic relief everynow and then

warmbeachbrat
December 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Yes, well--look what happened when the US pulled out of Vietnam. Human suffering on an unimaginable scale with over 2 million people killed. I'd hate to see that happen again.

Masta_G
December 13th, 2006, 10:30 AM
i just saw it, LMFAO!! when they did the Oz one i laughed so hard:lol:, then the Wormhole x-treme 200th episode, Peter DeLuise, so funny

Myztic
December 20th, 2006, 12:07 AM
it was a great ep...love the 1969 joke that they played...it was really funny...watched it twice...

Nice work on the 200 ep

votekick
January 15th, 2007, 09:58 PM
This episode having nothing to do with the plot was absolute BS, i mean several stories all of which stupid in their own special way are not entertaining... I think this is the partial reason Season 10 is the last season... the ratings began to drop after episode 200.

The furlings, yes we saw them but if they look like that they have never been part of the stargate plot, and have the whole episode based on the stargate team sitting in the briefing room, coming up with ideas for a show on a show... the idea is stupid! yes some of those ideas were humerous but never anything like the NORMAL episodes that i wouldn't consider a waste of my time.

Considering howmuch it costs to make each episode you may as well just put a heep of flash backs like a massive heep of clips from past season as a catchup episode so to speak. I mean unless you have the dvds a reminder might do you some good. Suppose they just have a normal episode aroung the SGC answering questions which they have been asked in fan mail. there are a number of ways to make a better episode then that ****. they aired and i will miss SG1 yet half the cast will make their way to SGA somehow which will be great.

Mckay v Carter debates are always a good laugh.

Baiscally... 200 was a waste of a 1 hour TV slot.

Ozzy O'NeiLL
March 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I really like it. I was a bit confused at first, the whole Furlings thing had me thinking “*%$# Did I miss an episode?” and, although I laughed very loudly at some parts (the puppet Daniel drawing on the white board, Invisible Jack, “Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning!” etc) I did kind of wonder what was going on.
Having watched a few more times I think it is fantastic. I think its really cool that the producers have credited us fans with enough intellect to say “They can follow it”.
I like: the way they’ve played with the border between Stargate characters and Tapping/Shanks etc as actors (the “we / they” thing).
The making fun of other sci fi shows.
Great to see RDA again.
Vala’s surreal film idea is classic (Teal’cs platted beard!!! :-) )
I also think Willie Garson is fantastic as Martin.
I think this episode is more of a light hearted look at the whole sci fi genre, using Stargate as a base. The producers said in the “inside 200” documentary that 200 is meant to stand alone. I think those who don’t like it should watch it again with this in mind, and theres a good chance they’d enjoy it alot more. This kind of TV is very hard to pull off and I think they’ve done it with flying colours.

Good job expressing your love for this ep. This was a true stargate fan-special, this 200. It was FULL of references to the series as a whole, subplots, puns, the works. They couldn't have made a better 200th ep. imo. Downright fantastic.

Of the many things already listed above, I especially loved the Wizard of Oz persiflage. With the cast joking around about it for many seasons I thought it was simply brilliant that they finally fulfilled yet another fanboy/fangirl's dream: to see the stargate cast as the characters of Wizard of Oz in the appropriate setting. GREAT stuff.

I love RDA finally making another return to the series. I loved the Sam+Jack wedding.

And the end which was, again, a full homage to SG-1 as a series, with a nice ending quote about sci-fi being the alpha and omega.

Gotta love this ep.

Naonak
April 2nd, 2007, 06:48 AM
Considering the recent casting news, it's so neat that it was Daniel who ridiculed the idea of having a ticking clock on screen. :cool:

angelfire east
April 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Considering the recent casting news, it's so neat that it was Daniel who ridiculed the idea of having a ticking clock on screen. :cool:

Yep I got a kick out of that when I read that casting news :daniel24:

Integrabyte
April 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Out of 40 mins I enjoyed 2 or 3 scenes in this episode. In my opinion, they could have done better. This episode is way way way way way way down at the bottom of the list with my favourite SG1 episodes. Probably better than the ones with the Aschen.

SeaBee
April 25th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Out of 40 mins I enjoyed 2 or 3 scenes in this episode. In my opinion, they could have done better. This episode is way way way way way way down at the bottom of the list with my favourite SG1 episodes. Probably better than the ones with the Aschen.

I'm so glad you said that. I was begining to think I was the only one who thought it was poor. I thought this was probably the weakest ep ever..... then I saw the Finale "Unending".