No announcement yet.

200 (1006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was silly, over the top and very funny. Haven't laughed that hard in a while. It was just good fun but I think it shifted a little toward the end. I could have done without the scene with them all going through the gate; ut didn't feel complete. The wormhole extreme at the ending was amusing but the parts with the cursing just seemed unnecessary and I didn't get the reference if there was one.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I laughed quite a bit! I thought the ep was funny in a warm-hearted kind of way. Especially nice bits at the end, the show-within-a-show parody and a touch of a reminder of what scifi really means to those who love it.

Comment

OH MY GOD that was awesome, I think that was just there so much I want to say about that episode. Even though I just kind of jumped onto the show I got everything and I didn't feel like an idiot I was laughing the entire time, every scene had something that just made it freaking the best. I liked how they made fun of the credits, to how they looked at Ben when he said about replacing the lead actor and he's like "what?"

Just wayyy to much that just going to have to go through and pull out everything omg it was great

Comment

Wow, what a waste of the 200th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            It was silly, over the top and very funny. Haven't laughed that hard in a while. It was just good fun but I think it shifted a little toward the end. I could have done without the scene with them all going through the gate; ut didn't feel complete. The wormhole extreme at the ending was amusing but the parts with the cursing just seemed unnecessary and I didn't get the reference if there was one.
            They were spoofing on how actors acted in real life. Like the female member was spoofing on Amanda Tapping and the guy that played Daniel Jackson on Wormhole X-treme how he left season 6 and came back due to popular demand (spinning on how Daniel left). It was supposed to make fun of the actors. But the cursing one was a little off-key...maybe something that is a joke with the crew.

Don't you wish things in life were more normal?

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
              Wow, what a waste of the 200th episode.
              You must have hated the 100th episode then.

Don't you wish things in life were more normal?

Comment

LOL at the Furlings talking to each other

ahah

I loved it, was laughing a lot, only complaint I have was that the puppet scene was TOO LONG.

And RDA appearing 45 minutes into the episode made me mad, although I understand the reasoning for it.

Now I wait until April for his next SG-1 appearence.

*sigh*

Comment

Awesome! It had everything! The Star Trek portion was the best....lol. BB's impression of Kirk had me rolling and AT *blink blink* I'm laughing just typing this. It was great. It was everything SG1 was. This will go down as one of my all time favorite SG1 episodes.

The best part? The original team going through the gate together....they are what has made this show last 200 episodes. Perfect.

I'll be watching this one alot this week. Oh...I loved the furlings....lol

Comment

Oh, how I wish I could have seen the party on the other side of the gate. Ah, well. I'm still wiping at my eyes from laughing so hard. I was close to hyperventilating.

Comment

Originally posted by MoebiusStrip
                      They were spoofing on how actors acted in real life. Like the female member was spoofing on Amanda Tapping and the guy that played Daniel Jackson on Wormhole X-treme how he left season 6 and came back due to popular demand (spinning on how Daniel left). It was supposed to make fun of the actors. But the cursing one was a little off-key...maybe something that is a joke with the crew.
                      I remember Nathan saying (I think his name was Nathan--one of the guys who won the get in the gate contest a couple of years back) how incredibly foul-mouthed the crew and some of the cast were. I think it was a poke at that. I didn't care for it overmuch, but then, it wasn't for me--it was for them. I thought the puppet thing went on a tad too long, also.

Everything else--just hilarious! So many favorites--but I think the best was Rygel! Oh my WORD!!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

the cursing in the end was PdL and i'm willing to bet a dig at the complaints about his potty mouth in the commentaries.

even if he doesn't say the naughty words, he certainly takes things to constipation in about 3.8 seconds...a common complaint about the commentaries that he does
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As spoiled rotten as I was about this episode I wasn't sure what to expect and to be honest went into it with low expectations and expected a total spoof.

And I'm happy to report I really enjoyed it and laughed a lot; sometimes to the point of tears. It helped too to watch it with my soon to be 15-year old nephew and my Dad. (Dad being the one who got me hooked on Stargate and nephew.... well, he's never watched a whole ep until tonight but totally understands his Poppy and Auntie SS's lurve for the series...) (By the end of 200 nephew was definitely a Teal'c fan - loving his understated responses to everything that went on around him. And I think it made a difference too that he saw Chris laughing heartily in the special and then saw this sly, reserved character in the show... So we'll see if we can convert him yet...)

Hmmmm.... let's see.... bargain-basement costumed Ewoks as Furlings! LOL! And yes... there's a reason we don't hear from them --- they kinda blew up!!

And right after that when Martin said who does long intros anymore they just show the title shot and jump in and then the immediate cut to the real SG intro only a second or two long!!!

Oh and Invisible!Jack---- now *that* would have been an interesting full-blown episode!!!! Thanks Rick for donning the green suit!!!

I liked the puppet thing too. Wasn't sure what to expect never having watched Team America or the other show my nephew was talking about. He got a big kick out of the puppet part. And Yay! for Hammond being back, if only in voice on that section.

Loved Jack's "You weren't there!" when Vala/Cam tried to imagine themselves in on the S8 ending fishing scene.

Interesting how the spoilers for some things (wedding, Teal'c, P.I., etc.) were only about as long as the clips or caps that had been leaked and distributed. Had really thought they would be longer.

Teal'c and Sam - OMG - the best things about the Farscape homage. (Which was way too short - more Thor! More Sam and Teal'c!!!!)

The tongue-in-cheek jest that Cam was fathered by Jack and that was why he got all the special treatment he had including his placement on SG-1.....

Landry as Oz was a nice touch.

Felger as Scotty!!!!

As far as the homages- it was good and even poking fun at fans and themselves it was even better. (Way better than Citizen Joe IMO which seemed like a way more snarky and dark jab at fans than this one.)

Thanks for a wonderful show.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Felger? Thought that was Brad Wright. Hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by Brianamarie
                              Felger? Thought that was Brad Wright. Hmm..
                              Hmmmm.... show repeats in about 4 minutes here on the East Coast... I'll get close to the TV this time!!!
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

When I saw that 200 was a continuation of the themes established in Wormhole X-treme, I was concerned. The 100th episode is not my favorite. Yet, tonight's episode was amusing. I won't call it my favorite episode of all time, but it was an enjoyable expereince.

The episode's positives are many:

1. I loved many of the short sequences from other shows; I just wanted some of them to be longer. The Farscape take-off and the Star Trek scene were quite well done. I loved Mitchell as Kirk with . . . his . . . slow . . . dialouge. The only thing that would have made this scene more perfert would have been Teal'c with pointy ears. Did anyone else want to see Carson from SGA as Scotty rather than whomever they used? The wedding scene was also amusing. Did anyone else notice that the real Sam and Jack seemed amused rather than alarmed after that scene?

2. I liked the team interaction, and the scene at the end with everyone, including Walter, going through the gate was lovely.

3. Many of the inside jokes were quite amusing. It is obvious that the writers read the posts on Gateworld at times. I felt gratified as a fan.

4. I loved invisible Jack. Now, I wish that had actually happened in an episode. It would have been cute.

5. I liked Jack being back, but I also appreciate that the new characters were not shoved out of the way either.

6. The 1969 joke was awesome!!! That is one of my favorite episodes, so I was cracking up.

7. I loved the Furlings. I hope we never actually meet them now because I want to keep the Ewok on steroids image going.

The negatives are more pet peeves than anything:

I liked the episode, but hated the ending. I wanted to see the cake and our character interacting on the other side, and I hate the little alien guy who came up with the show, so I could have used less of him and more of RDA.

I also REALLY wanted the snippets to be longer. By the time I had found everyone in a scene, the scene was over.

The episode was much better than I expected, and I am looking forward to the return of the Ori plot next week. 200 was a great trip down memory lane and amusing for what it was: 9/10.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X