PDA

View Full Version : 200 (1006)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

rarocks24
August 19th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I laughed at parts of the 200th episode, and I thought it was fine, (seeing Wraith Thor or somethin' Thor), seeing the Furlings and a complete ripoff of Star Wars, their poking fun of Cam by the 1969 thing, it was a decent enough episode, but if one were to ask whether it was in any way really good, as in Best Episode Ever, I would have to laugh. It was funny, but one of those stupid kind of funny where you laugh, but you still think it's stupid, and one of those things that makes you think, how much stuff were these people smokin'?

In all honesty though, IMO, The Real World was better, but maybe because it was much more serious.

stevieg
August 19th, 2006, 08:35 AM
i for one loved it,i mean puppet hammond saying "make it spin" was hilarious and jack pointing into the air,carter and daniel immediately figuring out everything,i laughed soooo hard

in one word bravo

Bobthespirit
August 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
That episode was hilarious.

I wish they'd advertised it as a humor episode, though. Because I expected it to be the kind of episode where something big happens story-wise.

Some of the parodies especially were really funny, and I like how they copped to their cheap cost-cutting techniques.

The only negatives...other than how it was misleadingly advertised, it kind of reminded me how I still kind of consider Moebius the true ending.

Ace
i for one loved it,i mean puppet hammond saying "make it spin" was hilarious and jack pointing into the air,carter and daniel immediately figuring out everything,i laughed soooo hard

in one word bravo

I love the part when puppet Hammond says "We found it in the sand!" :hammond:

It was great... LOL

Ace

MediaSavant
Casual viewer, not hardcore fan, reporting in...

After seeing this (and laughing constantly), I began to wonder why the writers aren't this clever all the time.

They've got it in them. If they displayed it more often, I may have been more than a casual viewer all these years.

kazzyk
August 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I am glad the cast and crew had fun----I didnt but I had no expectations anyway.
I did enjoy the original characters being back in character.

I really enjoyed the marathon prior to the show (good move sci-fi).
I think what struck me the most--was the people that where not there who have contributed so much to this show and IMO could have been part of the "celebration".

"The movie is back on"--hummm I wonder--have we just been told that S10 is it?

-Jules-
August 19th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I love the part when puppet Hammond says "We found it in the sand!" :hammond:

It was great... LOL

Ace

lol and Daniel writing on everything! we were litterally rolling all over laughing our heads off at that!

oh! and Walter getting to go through the gate, finally.... ;) I love when he comes down from the control room and changes outfits as he comes down! lol

I really enjoyed the marathon prior to the show (good move sci-fi).

Yeah, it was like a holiday event! I enjoyed that too. :)

SG-1ssm
August 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
This was a great episode! Everything we ever wanted we got to see. Just wish the Furling scene was a lot longer. Otherwise I hope they can have a 300th episode one day. I will watch this one over and over again.

I really doubt they'll get to 300. Season 15 doesn't seem very likely.

Bobthespirit
August 19th, 2006, 08:57 AM
"The movie is back on"--hummm I wonder--have we just been told that S10 is it?

I heard a sequel to the original Stargate movie was being made with the original actors, in which Daniel Jackson lived on Abydos for twelve years.

nccjones
August 19th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Everybody is saying Team America, but I immediately thought Thunderbirds.

That's just me though.

It was my fave part of the ep though. When they go thru the gate and their strings are cut. ROFLPIMP!!! Teal'c laughing and walking away.

It was Team America they were spoofing. Here is an article on "200" that talks about all he different scenarios.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/zap-stargatesg1at200,0,2383237.story?

macktheknife
August 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
After seeing this (and laughing constantly), I began to wonder why the writers aren't this clever all the time.

Well... it's alot easier to make fun (of something) than to make funny.

The asgard at the end of the "fargate" thing, cracks me up everytime he says "yotz" or whatever it is. hahahahha.

LoneStar1836
August 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Loved Wormhole X-treme! Loved this episode!

At first I wasn’t too keen with the idea of having the spoofs. The commercials on Skiffy, pics in TVGuide, and some other stuff I had seen had me worried as to what kind of insanity was going to take place. Oh and the mention of puppets really had me cringing. But it turned out to be a good insanity, and I loved the puppets. “I’m the General. Make it spin.” to puppet Walter. LOL!

Dislikes:

Wizard of Oz bit wasn’t all that good, imo.

The ending with the WX “actors”. Not quite as good as the one in WX. And I didn’t care for PDL’s bleeped cursing. (Thanks Skydiver, for pointing out that he has a potty mouth in the commentaries. I don’t own the dvds so…..)

Oh and being adamantly anti-S/J ship, obviously I didn’t care for the wedding. ;) Though the slash hint was funny. And no I’m not a slasher.

Why didn’t Siler get to go through the gate at the end? :( Everyone else did….

Everything else. :D

This one was definitely for the hardcore Stargate and sci-fi fans. You have to read the boards to get all the jokes, though one can be a casual viewer and still like it. My brother is a casual viewer in that he doesn’t read online boards, but he still liked it.

FoolishPleasure
August 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
After this show, I can see the franchise still has enough energy and creativity for another 10 years. ;)

BTW - "Thunderbirds" was a kiddie show using puppets way back in the "Ancient" days. "Team America" was a movie done by the "South Park" guys to make funnies at the old "Thunderbirds" and current political events, and, of course, they put their own very adult spin on it. I really enjoyed the puppet segment - it was the only part that really poked fun of the original Stargate film.

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Casual viewer, not hardcore fan, reporting in...

They've got it in them. If they displayed it more often, I may have been more than a casual viewer all these years.

Same here. the penultiem monologue about Sci-fi was a fairly nice resumé of what was a most acerb reflexion about our beloved scifi shows. I just wish all episodes were as spot on as this one. It looks they have taken a lot of criticism and i'm very eager to see the rest of the season now. Pretty much each line in this script had a double meaning, it was simply a very clever and fun episode to watch. Much props.

keshou
August 19th, 2006, 09:16 AM
After this show, I can see the franchise still has enough energy and creativity for another 10 years. ;)

BTW - "Thunderbirds" was a kiddie show using puppets way back in the "Ancient" days. "Team America" was a movie done by the "South Park" guys to make funnies at the old "Thunderbirds" and current political events, and, of course, they put their own very adult spin on it. I really enjoyed the puppet segment - it was the only part that really poked fun of the original Stargate film.
Well I don't know about going on for another 10 years....the next anniversary may have some members of the team going thru the wormhole on their walkers. ;)

I liked the puppets too! Maybe it did go on a little long (have to justify the big cost) but they were so cute. And it was fun to see Sam!puppet spouting off technobabble and "organs on the inside" and click.click..clicking on the computer.

Then in comes Daniel!puppet who proceeds to draw incomprehensible constellations all over the monitors. Hee!.

And Hammond!puppet wanting the gate to spin.

Then Jack!puppet talking about hoping to run into a bald alien with lots of "muscles". Loved the arm action there. ;)

The puppets even seemed scared when they went thru the wormhole. And the poor things collapsing when their strings were cut.

This is one episode I'm glad I taped because I think it will be fun to watch parts of this again.

D

kernelsan
August 19th, 2006, 09:36 AM
i cant believe how good this episode was. i usually hate these comedy episodes so i didnt have very high expectations at all but it was just so funny. it was all just so good, i really dont know how they could have made it better. i thought the wizard of oz bit was the least funny but i thought it was funny how vala saw her self as dorathy. i think the funniest bit was either the puppet general Hammond and his lines or when the puppet daniel drew on the white board, that was hysterical or all of the invisible jack scenes. aaah i just cant decide it was all so amazing! :P

haha i just watched it again and forgot to mention how funny i thought it was when that guy (cant remember his name like a noob) said "shavron seven also lit up" hahaha

Mitchell82
August 19th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I heard a sequel to the original Stargate movie was being made with the original actors, in which Daniel Jackson lived on Abydos for twelve years.
That would be seperate from an SG-1 movie. They have been wanting to do an SG-1 movie for a while and I bet it will hapen after the show ends either as a TV movie or miniseries, but I know that they actually wanted a theatrical movie so we will have to wait and see!

Sela
August 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Also, at times it seemed like the characters were almost breaking the fourth wall, like Sam's line about the spoilers and commercials.
Almost breaking it? No, they definately knocked it down last night. It was a nod to the fans. It was them saying, "We're all in on this joke together." I loved it.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I thought it was awesome! One thing I didn't catch is what Teal'c said to invisible Jack when they were walking down the hall. If someone could tell my that would be great!

Moonshayde
August 19th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Fabulous. I completely enjoyed this episode.

I don't even know what to say. I was mostly spoiled for this episode, but I didn't really know what was going to completely happen. The meta was extremely funny, and I found this more of a poke at the writers, the actors, and the characters than the fans. And it struck a nice balance. I never hated Wormhole X-treme, but I never thought that episode had enough balance with the team. I also liked Citizen Joe, though I felt that was more of a shout out to the fans. 200 really was a good paraody and a way to showcase a lot of what happens in the fandom in a funny way.

I have to say, though I had heard about the Furlings, I had no idea they were a false preview. I am watching the clips of WX and all of a sudden I am like, WTF? That was classic. I was laughing the whole time at the Ewok Koalas. And then SG-1 just leaves them there. Right... ;)

I loved the little in-jokes. About not mentioning Jack. About having someone new come in to replace him. I loved when Sam said "No" to repeating her technobabble.

I loved how snarky and moody Daniel was in this. (Nice glasses! Though he still had the old one in some of the flashbacks.) I have always gotten the vibe in any of the prior eps that Daniel doesn't like Martin so it works here :)

My fave skits were the Furlings, Teal'c PI, the puppets and InvisiJack. Hee hee! The invisible one was just too funny for me. I think I loved that one so much because it could have easily been an episode and it was filled with a version of Jack people hate. So, in that sense, it worked absolutely perfectly as a parody. If we're to believe there was a time when Jack was invisible, I would take it that it was a much more serious matter than shown ;)

And can I say just how much I looooved the little joke on Cam about Jack. 1969. Bwah! I loved it. I thought it was hilarious. I thought at first maybe they'd do a Daniel is his daddy joke, but the use of Jack made me giggle.

Not as much Jack in this as I thought, but they sprinkled him throughout so it didn't bother me much. Plus I am still loving the puppets and the invisible skit.

The young, hip SG-1 was funny. The Farscape and Wizard of OZ were okay. I loved how they made the real weird ideas come from Vala, who had been overdosing on Tv culture. The little jokes were fantastic. And dang, Sam makes a good Chiana, doesn't she?

The puppets were awesome. I heart Don S. Davis. His lines were just the best best. About wanting the Gate to spin? OMG. Sam going on and on, sneaking the "reproductive speech" in it. Daniel was so cool as a puppet. His acting even mirrored more of Daniel from the early season who I missed. And of course, Jack was funny, especially when he was just going on about finding a guy like Teal'c. And then bam, no more puppets because they cut their strings going through the Gate. And Teal'c's mock laugh. Ha!

I wasn't one to be really overly nervous about the wedding. Since I knew this was a crack episode, I knew that anything romantic was probably going to be played funny, and it was. And though I'm not a shipper, I am glad that they weren't really mean about the wedding. I think it was long enough to be a nod to the Sam/Jack shippers but short enough so that it didn't dissolve into something extremely tasteless and mean. So the nonshippers got a short laugh and the shippers got a nice shot of a wedding. I thought it was a great balance.

I think this episode really had something for everyone. Since everyone was made fun of, it hit all the fans, and not in a bad way. Also, they had jokes or hinted at little things like Jack/Daniel at the altar. The Sam/Jack wedding. I think it was Sam/Cam in teen angst one. Daniel/Vala. Sam/Teal'c (if you know Farscape history). There were a lot of scenes where Sam/Daniel were together, and while not romantic, I'm sure Sam/Daniel shippers can see something. There was Jack/Teal'c in the puppet skit. There could have been more nods to pairings that I missed, and it's hard to include everything. But this is an episode worth many viewings. I'm sure a fan of anyone can find what they want ;)

And the Asimov quote at the end? Moved me.

I expect a hike in the ratings this week, but we'll see what happens after that.

Sela
August 19th, 2006, 10:16 AM

That's just me though.

It was my fave part of the ep though. When they go thru the gate and their strings are cut. ROFLPIMP!!! Teal'c laughing and walking away.

Team America was a send-up of the old Thunderbirds TV show that many of us watched as kids. For us whacy oldersters on the forum, it was a double laugh.

The best line in that segment:

:hammond: Hammond: "We just found it in the sand."

ROFLMAO!!!

Skydiver
August 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
People, stop stressing about whether or not someone else liked it. TPTB will NEVER make an episode that everyone likes just as they will never make an episode that everyone hates.

If you see an opinion that you don't like, get over it. Go past it and move on.

Stop stressing over what everyone else thinks and taking them to task for not agreeing with you and simply enjoy your own opinion, be it pro or con or something in between.

Enemyone
August 19th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I liked the episode but felt upset about the Furlings stuff......

and whos your daddy

FoolishPleasure
August 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Team America was a send-up of the old Thunderbirds TV show that many of us watched as kids. For us whacy oldersters on the forum, it was a double laugh.

The best line in that segment:

:hammond: Hammond: "We just found it in the sand."

ROFLMAO!!!
I liked Hammond insisting the gate had to spin, and Walter calling out chevrons being all lit up. *LOL*

*Remembers Thunderbirds, when I was a wee tyke.* ;)

creed462
August 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
It was good

FoolishPleasure
August 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM
This is Droops, using my wife's account. And I say, other than a distinct lack of chickens, it was great!

The chicken gives its seal of approval. :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/droops63/Happy_chicken.gif

golfbooy
August 19th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Well, forsaking the need for a wifty intro, I'm just going to say that I liked it. I liked it very much. I thought that the jokes were, by and large, well done, and I think that the fun that the cast and crew had making it really came across. It was their enthusiasm for self-deprication that really sold the whole thing.

There's not a whole lot of critiquing to be done here. The entire episode was meant to be fun, and nothing else. I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but I think the whole thing was worth it for the puppet skit alone. I wasn't too keen on the marionettes idea when I first heard about it, but I admit to finding it hilarious in its execution. I don't think it went on for too long, and I'm delighted that it was so mockingly reverential of the show's origins. I think the characterizations of Carter, Daniel, and O'neill were spot on. I loved Daniel's "Oooh, what is that?" line. Hammond was more entertaining in that scene than he was in much of the series. For the most part, I hate Chevron Guy. Really, Gary Jones' humor is just too stupid for me most of the time. But I laughed muchly at the "Chevron seven, also lit up" crack. Teal'c on the other side of the gate was a hoot. Kudos to Brad Wright (I'm pretty sure this one was him).

As much as I loved the puppets though, by far the best sequence was Invisible O'neill. Talk about making you miss the good old days, just seeing those short scenes makes me wish that that episode had actually been made. Shanks, Tapping, and Judge easily fell back into rhythm, as did Richard Dean Anderson. That SG-1, the one with those character dynamics, could easily still be going strong today. Carter's shower scene, Daniel's "poke around" comment, and especially Teal'c's walk-and-talk were brilliant. It left me wistfully entertained. How can you not appreciate the irony of having RDA be the guy in the green suit?

Unlike some others though, I'm quite happy that the various vignettes were so short. For as much as some fans were looking forward to the Farscape skit or the Wizard of Oz skit or the seeing the Furlings, I think if those segments were longer then the episode would have suffered. 200 was about the jokes and humor. Those skits were meant only to facillitate that humor.

Also, as much as some fans abhor briefing room scenes in general, I've always felt the opposite. It is primarily in those scenes where the actors really have to show their mettle. It's there that the characer dynamics are forced to carry the entire show. Here, in 200, the interactions between all the cast were very relaxed and natural, even the ones with Mitchell. Cameron and Ben Browder took a lot of ribbing in this episode, as did the writers, so it was nice to see everyone take it in stride. I'm still laughing at Carter disdainfully shaking her head "no" after Mitchell suggests replacing the lead. Mitchell getting "punked" was also a stroke of genius. To be honest, I'm surprised that the writers were willing to go there, but a nod to his "O'niell Jr." personality and the must-be existence of a General Magwitch benefactor were hilarious.

If I have anything at all to complain about, it is that there wasn't enough Jack. Richard Dean Anderson really was in this one quite a lot, but I still wanted more of Jack interacting with everyone. There wasn't much of an opportunity for individual character beats between O'niell and anyone, so I'm hoping for more down the road. Anderson's recent comments suggest that it may not be that unlikely of a possibility. Honestly, after seeing Jack's character wasted on a stinker Atlantis remake of Legacy, I'm angrier than ever that the producers are using Richard Dean Anderson to draw viewers to Atlantis. It's obvious that he initially expected to spend five episodes on SG-1, and after last night, I can't help but think it's obvious that he has much more of a place with SG-1.

But let's not dwell. I hope that I can have as much fun with the upcoming episodes as I had with 200. Supplementary comments may follow as they occur to me. But all things said and done, congratulations to everyone involved with Stargate SG-1 and a heartfelt "Thank You" for ten years of entertainment.

buzlighty1
August 19th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Probably the best episode i've seen in awhile.

coolove
August 19th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I enjoyed the episode though I thought the puppet scene was way too long and over the top. Other then that, it was good.

Descent
August 19th, 2006, 12:18 PM
An amazing episode, a gift to all of us that have stayed with the show for so long. I loved everything in this episode: Invisible O'Neill, The Furlings, The Puppets, The Farscape scene, The Star Trek ripoff, the Wizard of Oz scene and everyone going through the gate in the end. Everything was just great.

10/10 from me! :jack:

stevieg
August 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I really doubt they'll get to 300. Season 15 doesn't seem very likely.
OMG
wash your mouth out with soap,to speak such blasphemy here

mother-goose
August 19th, 2006, 12:30 PM
one word - PUPPETS!!! WOOOOOOO YEH "IT HAS TO SPIN, ITS ROUND"

KindlyKeller
August 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=ToasterOnFire]All in all I think this ep is targeted at the hardcore Stargate fan (i.e. - anyone posting on this board ;)), but I don't really think it's going to appeal to casual or new viewers. [QUOTE]

I watched it with my friend, who has seen it like once ever, and she was rolling on the floor laughing as much as me. She loved it.

Quinn Mallory
August 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Great episode. Lots of great, funny moments. I'm sure there were plenty of extended moments that were left in the cutting room floor.

As for its mass appeal, I'm sure it appealed to the hard core fan more but I'm also sure for fans with some casual SciFi fan, there were still some funny moments.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 12:45 PM
The only bad thig was the young SG-1. How rubbish was that!

prion
August 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM
They were spoofing on how actors acted in real life. Like the female member was spoofing on Amanda Tapping and the guy that played Daniel Jackson on Wormhole X-treme how he left season 6 and came back due to popular demand (spinning on how Daniel left). It was supposed to make fun of the actors. But the cursing one was a little off-key...maybe something that is a joke with the crew.

Yup, and ditto on the cursing. Made no sense, really and got boring fast.

-Major Woody
August 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I liked it. Definitely in my Top 100. ;)

P.S.: I feel the 'Younger, Edgier SG-1' bit was spoof on the upcoming 'academy days' Star Trek movie.

Sela
August 19th, 2006, 12:59 PM
The only bad thig was the young SG-1. How rubbish was that!
That was too funny. It was a swipe at those teen angst shows on the WB and the cable and also a bit of a nod to the mini!fandom community.

Young Teal: "I was going to tap that."
Young Daniel: "I don't think Mitchell likes me any more."

ROFLMAO!

mother-goose
August 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM
OOOO there was one thing, i'm not sure why everyone is so upset about the swearing, i think its was hilarious, mainly becuase it was bleeped, hehe tears in my eyes that bit did, just think about it in 10 years they haven't sworn lol thats 10 years coming out right there from the writers, and good on them!!

see bsg they say frak, and people dont think about it but they say it a hell of alot, had a drinking game where we did a shot everytime it came up lol got a biiiiit drunk that night but it gives you the idea lol good effort for everyone

Just one complaint really and that was that is WX, it would have been great if they had done it filming the actual cast as the actors if that makes sense, ie teal'c playing himself not chris judge playing teal'c, but appart from that, good stuff.

Karec
August 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Big! Dissapointment! :(

200... Not what I expected... sucked just as much as episode 100 :mckay:

And what the **** is with the let down on the furlings?!
Big Hairy koalas? COME ON!
First of all thats just mean since they've been japping about them for so long:mckay:
Secondly, STOP TAKING THE WORD FUR TO SERIOUSLY! I mean just because fur is an english word doesn't mean that they have to be 5 foot tall monkeys! Furling might aswell mean "Great Destoyer" in THEIR speech!:daniel09:

5/10 just because it was alittle bit funny...

JLB
August 19th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Some of the parody was to over the top for me, but I liked it overall. Somehow I always have trouble seeing people I consider serious actors go for laughs.

I loved the puppet scene, I thought it was great how Martin Lloyd, the most annoying alien in SG-1 history, felt the need to fake a phone call to get away from Vala. Teal's line: "I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."

They should have brought the guy in from Citizen Joe in as a writer accompanying Lloyd.

Did anyone besides me think they kept Jack a little off-kilter to make it so we wondered if he was really there, or if it was another scene created in Martin's imagination? Loved the immediate reactions to his appearence. Sam's questioning his appearence there after the commercial break didn't seem necessary to me, Hammond must have had the same nuymber of responsiblities in that post, yet he decided he'd take command of the Prometheus once.

To the people complaining: 100's episodes are obviously not considered time for seriousness or drama in the minds of SG-1's writers. Get over it. I doubt it'll make 300, but 250 is possible.

Sam and Jack marrying on the show is fine, but only for a finale of the show or their characters.

I didn't think much of the actors at the end, but the Daniel/Michael Shanks guy should have made his point by saying something like "If there were still problems would they have created a role for my wife?"

Final thought, we've just had two eps in a row without the Ori. I don't feel they're working as villains. The first eps without them had a slight ratings increase, we'll find out about this one soon, and we're about to enter into an Ori heavy arc.

Merrin_Delaney
August 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I just watched it and I am dead from the funny. I'm a sucker for crack!eps and this one's definitely a 10/10!

I couldn't even tell you what I liked best *loves*

*watches again*

Jwizzman
August 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM
OMFG, hilarious

-the furlings
-the walter puppet!
-the teal'c private eye...IN..DEED
-walter going on a mission
-the young sg1...i'd tap that
-the farscape idea
-the legendary report michel didn't read

*****ing awesome!

Maj_Cliffhanger
August 19th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Just a quick post to say that I loved the episode! It's definitely one of those I'm glad I taped as I know I will be watching it again and again to get all the little bits and nuances out of it. Personally, I'm the kind of fan who prefers the hard hitting, angst laden, character driven storylines - but a quick little jaunt on the wild side is, and was, certainly fun! The fact that the writers, producers and cast all had real a blast doing it was obvious and only made me grin more!

For me, I only had one little, itsy bitsy complaint... We didn't get the story behind Daniel's new glasses! We didn't even get an acknowlegement of the change after ten years. (About time, but I would have liked a little nod at the fact)

I did say it was itsy bitsy! GRIN! I'm shallow - shrug! - what can I say!

A 10/10 for me!

the dancer of spaz
August 19th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'll probably talk more about this episode later, but I first just wanted to express how grateful I am that the SciFi Inside special and the 200th episode had a relatively heavy focus on the original actors/characters. While Cameron and Vala did come up with quite a few of the ideas (and, hey, the fishing scene was pretty funny - "You weren't there!"), there were quite a bit of moments that focused on the dynamic of the original characters - most specifically the Invisi!Jack vignette. The ribbing of Cameron (and Vala) by Daniel, Sam and Teal'c was an excellent testament to how close they are as well.

So, though I've had my doubts about this entire season, and I had my doubts about this particular episode, AND I'm still cautiously optimistic about what this season will bring, I was pleasantly surprised by that aspect of the show. Kudos to TPTB for getting it right.

And major kudos also to BB, CB and BB for being humble and aware and just downright cool enough to realize and verbally acknowledge their "place," so to speak, in the grand scheme of Stargate. That was very cool to see. It's one thing to recognize the hints of such humility, but it was nice to see them verbalize it. :cool:

It'll be interesting to see if the ratings reflect the time, energy, promotions and insanity they put into last night's episode. :jack:

Mainer82
August 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM
What an excellent episode, I think my favorite part was the "Hip and edgy version of SG1"... So what, I was still gonna tap that. Hahaha.

I also enjoyed the Team America parody, I'm such a SG nerd, as I recognized a lot of the lines and how everything went along with the movie.

acdj31
August 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM
anyone know where I can get the Wormhole X-Treme ringtone?
Me too. "Go for Marty".

It was so frelling, frakking , f***ing funny. A thousand times better than Wormhole X-treme.

I loved how TPTB spoofed everything: themselves, the actors, the movie and of course the fans.

Thanks TPTB, cast and crew for a great 10 years.(Also Showtime & SciFi)
:jack: :tealc: :sam: :daniel: :cameron: :vala: :hammond: :jonas:

:jack_new15: :indeed:

Daniel's_twin
August 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Did anyone try and keep track of which visual effects were re-used? Just curious. I saw at least two scenes. :cool:

scifi woman
August 19th, 2006, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=the dancer of spaz]

And major kudos also to BB, CB and BB for being humble and aware and just downright cool enough to realize and verbally acknowledge their "place," so to speak, in the grand scheme of Stargate. That was very cool to see. It's one thing to recognize the hints of such humility, but it was nice to see them verbalize it. :cool:
QUOTE]

An amazing episode. Thank you to all TPTB at Stargate!

Standouts was Mitchell's quiet speech about the intelligence of fans (right on!) , and did you all catch the walk through the "orifice" -- it was O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson -- the 4 originals who went through together, first. Then, behind them was Vala, Mitchell and Landry. Very nice homage to the original cast!

And the best of all was Teal'c quoting Asimov at the very end. He blew me away!

SGalisa
August 19th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha:

That's just me though.nope, not just you. I thought the exact same thing- "Thunderbirds". Although I've never seen Team America, so that's part of the problem. ...The Sam Carter marionette had a very beautiful face in certain filming angles. *Nice* :)

TPTB thought of mostly everything... also with the marionette strings getting snipped by the gate (otherwise, super picky fans might complain about it being unrealistic)...

...more items... Marty's phone playing the "Wormhole X-Treme" theme song almost every time it rang. Marty complaining about his lead character not showing up...
"Well, you could always have him phone in"... (references to RDA as Jack, doing long distance acting, cause he wants a real life at home, too, regardless of what his most dedicated viewers wanted!) and then Jack going invisible the rest of the time... :p
or to even *suggest* replacing him (with Cam, according to some ancient forum comments). Liked the joke about Jack being Cam's daddy, circa 1969; that one certainly had me wondering for a while (No! it couldn't be! had to be like another joke, like the intro's furling sequence - "that NEVER happened!")

furlings not actually happening... but cute: the interaction in their control room, with the one furling pounding on the board before the planet exploded - was as good as SGA's Hermiod's bad attitude, muttering in his native asgard language. ;)

Oh, and Michael Shanks subbing as John Crichton... possible references to Claudia's own initial joking about him (his hair) and Ben Browder looking alike, thus it was easy to mistake Daniel in Vala's POV of a limited gene pool in earlier SG-1 (season 9) eps...

Plus, even tho every time I'd look at Gateworld's forums and see dozens of *spoiler* topics about ep "200" and RDA in it, etc., I never actually read the spoilers, so maybe it was a pleasant surprise of not knowing what to expect. I only knew of RDA's guest appearance detail and the tremendous HYPE over the ep itself, but not much more. I didn't even know Sci-Fi had a special "Inside..." presentation on this ep, until an hour before it actually came on.

And Walter's stint in the Sci-Fi "Inside.." special... :D
He had more of a role in "200," than the "Inside.." special teased about!

(No, I wasn't tuned in to Sci-Fi most of the week, partly due to tracking TV news channels instead. Missed Eureka except for the special Friday night showing, too. And what's his name, the news guy in SG-1's "Heroes" was in Eureka.) :)

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'm still curious about the party thing. Clearly, it's something that Landry and Walter were involved in setting up, and clearly by their hushed tones, the others didn't know about it.

Okay, I know most of this episode was a spoof but there had to be a reason for the party with streamers and cake waiting on the other end of the event horizon...and there'd be zero reason for it to be related to the 200th time Mitchell had passed through a stargate, as he was the only one to really know or care about that factoid.

Jack commented about it being "one last jaunt through the ol' orifice"...are we talking retirement? And the party...are we talking retirement party?

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
This Episode Was Amazing In Every Concept - I Loved It!!!!!!!!11111:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'm still curious about the party thing. Clearly, it's something that Landry and Walter were involved in setting up, and clearly by their hushed tones, the others didn't know about it.

Okay, I know most of this episode was a spoof but there had to be a reason for the party with streamers and cake waiting on the other end of the event horizon...and there'd be zero reason for it to be related to the 200th time Mitchell had passed through a stargate, as he was the only one to really know or care about that factoid.
Nah, I bet it was. They pretended not to care coz that's what you do when you want to surprise someone.

stewsith
August 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
As some people have said, im glad they focused on the original team and with the fishing scene and "you wern't there!" they pretty much nodded at the fans.

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Nah, I bet it was. They pretended not to care coz that's what you do when you want to surprise someone.They cared that it was the 200th time he passed through an event horizon? Why would they??? 200th mission...maybe. But 200th time he's walked through a puddle?

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 02:44 PM
can someone explain why the gate failed to dial out? was that purposely done by walter? :confused:
Maybe he purposely broke the gate so that SG-3 could get everything ready with the party on the other side, lol

Dani347
August 19th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I think it wasn't really necessary to know exactly what the puppets were a reference for to get the joke. I mean even if tptb had never thought of Team America or Thunderbirds (I haven't seen either) I could see them coming up with a puppets spoof just on its own merit. I mean, wasn't Team America puppets, just because you know, puppets? It's a joke in itself.

MicaelJ
August 19th, 2006, 02:48 PM
A truly excellent episode showcasing the best of stargate whilst weaving in a heavy dose of Simpsons-esque satire and puns.
But the very final scene quoting the great Asimov was something truly special and heartening. I commend the writers for including it in particular.

The cast and crew did an awe inspiring job on this one and I believe the episode constitutes one of the top peaks - when it comes to quality and entertainment - throughout the series.

Need I say more?
Yes, good luck and good hope for the future. Cheers.

Micael

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Biggest crap episode ever...
No ori no furlings no asgard nothing...
Yet another hour wasted with an crap episode.
Time to change the writting staff.
Ah, you're just new - us oldies know what we're talking about. Right Guys?

........Guys?

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 02:51 PM
They cared that it was the 200th time he passed through an event horizon? Why would they??? 200th mission...maybe. But 200th time he's walked through a puddle?

I think it was as they kept acting like they didn't give a damn but though hey the guy did good lets eat cake and partay!

I love the way Jack just tells everyone to come with. :D

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 02:52 PM
The swearing was an obvious in house joke aimed at the actors and the fact it's on cable.

My fave bits/punchlines:

The ewoks/furling spoof.

Well, we found in the sand

It's not because my sexual organs are inside and not outside that i cant...

Cut the technobable, nobody really cares

(talking about the ship scene)
I'll do that if i want to torture the audience on purpose

The dog driving a car.

Puppet jackson trying to write on the board and the computer.

The singularity is about to explode

Bigger explosion, better trailer and more viewers

The fishing bit, and how it would be a great ending (S8)

You weren't there !

O'neill being mitchell's dad.

The explanation on how scenes sometimes are convenient (it's is often pointed out often by teal'c in the real show).

The "do not underestimate the audience speech" by Mitchell.

Tealc PI

I feel so stupid (nod at walter)

I thought you said you were tired, not retired

Shanks hero in farscape with browder playing the crazy dude (and the comment about not knowing about that show). Ubber pastiche.

The nod at firefly and DVd sells.

The star trek rip-off and Browder playing Kirk.

Act 3 just ends. Then it ends.

The nod to Browder, Shanks, Tapping and Judge at the end of the show (and the fact that peter de luise replaces his brother in Wormhole Xtreme).

The very last comments by Teal'c.

The OC/Beverly Hills spoof "i don't think mitchell likes me anymore, i'm pregnant" (with a terrible pop guitar in background).

Why is this always happening to me ? (obvious nod)

The 24 nod "ticking clock+certain death=winner"

The resident evil knock-off.Walter having his head biten by zombies.

The heroes creating a massive catastrophy/making them look realistic debate (nod at mitchell in S9 & tapping in S8).

How to get an actor on screen, get him on the phone of simply forget to mention him, (RDA)

Marty chatting, all dialogues with the producer were ubber second degree humour.

The body swapping unbelievable bit (reference to S9)

if we can decrypt that tablet we should be able to explain the most important thing in the universe

The wizard of Oz bit and the phone being on vibrate.

TBQH I can understand this kind of humour isn't for everybody, to me that episode was golden, draft, execution and interpretation were spot on, it was way cool despite a few flaws there and there.

Metarock Sam
August 19th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Wow that was a treat.
I loved this episode a great laugh !!!
loved the cheesy reference to furlings and so on but I especially loved the spoofs of Wizard of Oz, Star Trek, Farscape and of course the spoof of Team America Which I thought was fantastic. I laughed so hard I got a stich !!!
well done SG-1 congratulations on your 200th ep. May there be many more to come !!!! :D

Daniel's_twin
August 19th, 2006, 02:57 PM
The nod at firefly and DVd sells.

I never watched Firefly, but I'm trying to get all the jokes they had. Where did they reference Firefly? :cool:

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think it wasn't really necessary to know exactly what the puppets were a reference for to get the joke. I mean even if tptb had never thought of Team America or Thunderbirds (I haven't seen either) I could see them coming up with a puppets spoof just on its own merit. I mean, wasn't Team America puppets, just because you know, puppets? It's a joke in itself.

I think they were referring to Team america, as the producer say something amongst the lines "Who would make a movie out of puppets?", although there was a thunderbird movie recently made with real actors.

what (cancelled) serie was picked up for making a movie based on DVD sales If not Firefly ?

Descent
August 19th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I never watched Firefly, but I'm trying to get all the jokes they had. Where did they reference Firefly? :cool:

The whole episodes premise is a reference to Firefly cause it did well enough in DVD sales to warrant a movie to be produced...just like Wormhome Xtreme. :P

DEM
August 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I first just wanted to express how grateful I am that the SciFi Inside special and the 200th episode had a relatively heavy focus on the original actors/characters.Me. Too.

Overall, I enjoyed the ep; it was only toward the end that my enjoyment began to wane. I think it was right around the wedding scene (which didn't work for me, although "Sir/Carter/Jack" was funny). The WX actor bit was definitely the least funny of the skits to me; it had its moments, but -- not ironically -- PDL's [email protected] went from funny to excessive in short order.

I enjoyed the puppet skit, but as someone else said, it would have been cool if they'd trimmed that for a brief glimpse of Stargate Island (Gilligan=Daniel, Skipper=O'Neill, Professor=Carter, Mary Ann=Mitchell, Ginger=Vala, Mr Howell=Teal'c, Mrs Howell=Fraiser *sniff*).

As others have noted, the ease and degree to which the original 4 actors fell into a comfortable rhythm was remarkable -- salient even. :jack_new_anime04: This coming from someone who isn't much of a fan of Jack O'Neill.

My favourite lines were:

TEAL'C: I assume I am staring at you stoically.

MARTIN: Say that again!
CARTER: No.

HAMMOND: ... battle-ready, scientific genius....

WALTER: Chevron Seven is also lit up!

TEAL'C: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.

DANIEL: One, that's Star Trek. Two, it's ridiculous.

My favourite other-things were:

The team's stares at Mitchell as they waited for an answer to the question of what everyone else was doing while he single-handedly saved the universe from killer zombies.

AT's reaction shot following Mitchell's suggestion that they just replace the lead guy, and MW's & Editor Stein Myhrstad's timing of said shot.

The team's "as if that makes it better" reaction to Marty's bogus "hang a lantern on it" hand-waving.

The fact that Fair-Haired Tok'Ra Sam and Narrator Vala ended their sentences simoultaneously.

Say, can anyone lip-read and discern what FHTS said?

InvisiJack. As put so well by Skydiver, it was the best episode we never saw.

The running gag of Carter spouting nonsensical streams of techtalk in Every.Single.Incarnation, including "in the real world."

The liberal use of abrupt, disorienting cuts (or, in the case of the Furlings, the absence of a cut).

The funky 60s dissolve, complete with harp.

Biggest Bummer:

Hammond's presence made me miss Janet Fraiser.

My Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
In the Star Trek bit I think Mitchell was more like Archer than Kirk.

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
The body swapping unbelievable bit (reference to S9)Actually I thought they were joking about Holiday...especially with the look Daniel gave after the comment about it being unbelievable, since he himself experienced it.

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 19th, 2006, 03:06 PM
They cared that it was the 200th time he passed through an event horizon? Why would they??? 200th mission...maybe. But 200th time he's walked through a puddle?
It just seemed so much to him, maybe they thought they should show him that they actually cared about what he says and thinks.

KillerMercury
August 19th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Knowing Mitchell ( and by the way he was acting throughout the episode), he probably bragged about it for weeks. I bet somebody just went, "Oh heck, let's just give him a party to shut him up!"

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Knowing Mitchell ( and by the way he was acting throughout the episode), he probably bragged about it for weeks. I bet somebody just went, "Oh heck, let's just give him a party to shut him up!"Hmm. I didn't get that feeling by the way Sam didn't know what he was talking about when he said it.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Hmm. I didn't get that feeling by the way Sam didn't know what he was talking about when he said it.

She wanted him to think no one knew! As said above he was probably bragging about it ages before being the ejit that he is. :cameron:

JLB
August 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I actually didn't notice that. I thought they stepped through the stargate and it immediately cut to the Wormhole X-Treme set celebrating their 200th ep.

sclairef99
August 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I thought the ep was wonderful!!!! There are so many things to laugh at! I think TPTB have a pulse on what the fans are saying and what they actually do for a living. It was all fun and I celebrated with a bottle of wine and steak dinner to enjoy the occasion!

Here's to 200!

S

Major Gambit
August 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Did anyone else get the out-of-episode jokes? like...

In the beginning when Mitchell says he needs a better title, and Martin says jsut show the name and get on with it....and then the episode did :D

Then they say, Scene 3 just ends! and then the show cuts out :D

Then...

"We need something unexpected"

Jack walks in.

"something like this?"

"oh thats a surprise"

"bah there will be spoilers"

"are you kidding? it will be in the commercial" :D :D :D :D

Fatewarns
August 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Wedding scene was great. love the little Jack/Daniel slasher shoutout:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
She wanted him to think no one knew! As said above he was probably bragging about it ages before being the ejit that he is. :cameron:I disagree. I just don't see why anyone would know or would care that it was his 200th time through a puddle. Further, it looked as though this is the first time he mentioned it to the team.

And seriously...why would they celebrate the 200th time that Mitchell walked through an EH with a party with cake? Unless the show really is all about him and his feelings. It doesn't make sense.

It makes slightly more sense that the party was somehow related to Jack though.

DEM
August 19th, 2006, 03:54 PM
And seriously...why would they celebrate the 200th time that Mitchell walked through an EH with a party with cake? ... It doesn't make sense.You bring up a good question. Honestly, I was puzzled for a moment then forgot about it completely. It bears up to no scrutiny, and I think (hope?) the writers intended it that way.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I disagree. I just don't see why anyone would know or would care that it was his 200th time through a puddle. Further, it looked as though this is the first time he mentioned it to the team.

And seriously...why would they celebrate the 200th time that Mitchell walked through an EH with a party with cake? Unless the show really is all about him and his feelings. It doesn't make sense.

It makes slightly more sense that the party was somehow related to Jack though.

Because it was the 200th episode! How many things made that much sense anyway!

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 03:58 PM
It was metaphore of real life events in the script, to talk about the 200th episode without mentioning it. Don't try to find any relevance to it, or you will be missing the point of the episode, which is being a satire. It's clearly pointed out by the cut to wormhole Xtreme once SG1 goes through the gate.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
It was metaphore of real live events in the script, to talk about the 200th episode without mentioning it. Don't try to find any relevance to it, or you will be missing the point of the episode, which is being a satire. It's clearly pointed out by the cut to wormhole Xtreme once SG1 goes through the gate.

Satire didn't do iannuci any harm. :D Although referencing Iannuci outside the UK is probably pointless!

Nolamom
August 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Recall that Walter said that several SG teams were waiting with the cake, balloons and streamers...that would NOT be for Mitchell. He's just not that important.

JohnDuh
August 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Very amusing in a slapstick funny once sort of way, loved the almost Boston Legalistic way of stepping back and commenting on the script as it unfolds. Funny skits upto the puppets - which went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, time that could have been spent on a real Firefly skit, but perhaps it was a homage to Peter Jackson, though more likely a case of "We've spent a fortune on these things so now we are going to use them!" - learn to kill your darlings guys. Also a pity that this the only way we got to see Hammond. It went a downhill after that, ending with a bunch of strangers, which may be a funny injoke for the staff or perhaps they needed the actors for another episode - the final Asimov quote was strangely wise though, but all in all they should have ended when the real guys penetrated the big round orifice. But hey, that could be a DVD first: A reduced version.

On reflection though, if that really was Brad Wrights voice he could have a minor future infront of the camera as well, as opposed to Martin Wood who not only walked as if a microport had slipped into his underwear, but who's ADR sounded like an unladen swallow after hitting a stain glass window.

But actually, that private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks? Teal'c PI?

I could dig it actually, hope they keep it in mind when they mothball the gate.

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Well I understand that the episode is in and of itself mostly a tv version of a crack!fic, I was wanting to know what the internal logic was for the party. The two teams on the other end of the wormhole with the cake. Cake for what? Cake is suck a "Jack" thing and so one wonders if the two are connected. Like a party for him to celebrate his "last jaunt through the ol' orifice"...perhaps retirement?

Or maybe it meant nothing. That's what I want to know. What is the internal logic for that scene IF there is any?

Nolamom
August 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM
, ending with a bunch of strangers, which may be a funny injoke for the staff or perhaps they needed the actors for another episode - .
Not strangers - these were the original actors from Wormhole X-Treme!

Jace021903
August 19th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I loved it. It was funny and fun. I never really took to the previous Martin Lloyd episodes, but this one hit all the right notes with me (with one exception--see below).

Yes, some parts were silly and some parts were self-indulgent, but it worked for me. There was equal opportunity "poking fun" that didn't seem mean spirited this time around. And I am of the opinion that we take ourselves way too seriously sometimes, myself included, so a little ribbing is fine; we're big fans, we can take it. :)

My favorite--hands down--was the puppets--Daniel magic markering the computer screen, the strings being cut by the wormhole and "make it spin" :) And I am convinced that I saw a puppet Janet lurking in the background. (don't tell me it wasn't, I don't want to know.)

The only part that I didn't love was inviso-Jack lurking in the showers. I know a lot of folks found it funny, but I found it creepy. :S There I go again, being all serious.

Overall, I found "200" to be a great way to celebrate an impressive milestone.

Congrats.

Oh, and PDL looked fabulous.

kharn the betrayer
August 19th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I couldent stop laugthing throughout this episode

now I want a Puppet SG1 show T_T

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
The only part that I didn't love was inviso-Jack lurking in the showers. I know a lot of folks found it funny, but I found it creepy. :S There I go again, being all serious.

I loved that part but what male wouldn't! There I go being all perverted again, like Jack it seems. ;) :jack:

stewsith
August 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I liked the comment daniel gave Jack when it looked like carter wasnt going to show up for the wedding. "you know if she dosent show people are gonna think that we...". And jack just gave him that look. :jack:

Jace021903
August 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I loved that part but what male wouldn't! There I go being all perverted again, like Jack it seems. ;) :jack:

My husband liked it too. ;)

Dani347
August 19th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Or maybe it meant nothing. That's what I want to know. What is the internal logic for that scene IF there is any?

My guess is there wasn't any.

Not strangers - these were the original actors from Wormhole X-Treme!

AKA, a bunch of strangers. Or, as I like to call them, a bunch of yahoos.

verbalkint
August 19th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I feel the need to draw attention to the codpiece Teal'c was wearing in the Wizard of Oz scene, because that was all kinds of humorous. Also, Daniel-the-Lion's ultra bored look and the coffee mug just sold that shot for me.

Also, I feel like kind of a dork for liking the way they mention the title sequence before going to it, actually using the phrase "the act just ends", things like that.

And Mitchell's line about the viewers being sensitive, intelligent people who enjoy quality entertainment? Damn straight.
That "Wizard of Oz" bit floored me, I literally fell out of my seat watching the guy's facial expressions. That Jack O'Neill remark to Vala/Cam about not being there at the cabin at end of season 8 was hilarious because it was so Jack being Jack. The furlings bit was great but a little too short for all the fans clamoring for Furling attention, me included.

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Well I understand that the episode is in and of itself mostly a tv version of a crack!fic, I was wanting to know what the internal logic was for the party. The two teams on the other end of the wormhole with the cake. Cake for what? Cake is suck a "Jack" thing and so one wonders if the two are connected. Like a party for him to celebrate his "last jaunt through the ol' orifice"...perhaps retirement?

If you want to put it in context, they go through to celebrate cam's 200th trip i thought as oneill didn't appear until after the first power cut, however I may repeat myself, It doesn't makes much sense for Walter to go with a Helmet through the gate nor for 2 generals to tag along, even if one is the daddy, and it kinda does not matter.
The other side was wormhole Xtreme...Balloons and cake were probably real life events, that was simply a conveniant figure of speech to celebrate the 200th episode on air with the fans and without mentioning it.

mundu
August 19th, 2006, 04:37 PM
If you want to put it in context, they go through to celebrate cam's 200th trip i thought as oneill didn't appear until after the first power cut, however I may repeat myself, It doesn't makes much sense for Walter to go with a Helmet through the gate nor for 2 generals to tag along, even if one is the daddy, and it kinda does not matter.
The other side was wormhole Xtreme...Balloons and cake were probably real life events, that was simply a conveniant figure of speech to celebrate the 200th episode on air with the fans and without mentioning it.

We're all wondering what the cake's for when we witness walter transform into off world uniform while Landry decides his shirt and tie is fine atire. :D:D:D

FoolishPleasure
August 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM
My husband liked it too. ;)
My husband couldn't stop laughing. Had to keep yelling, "SHUT UP, or we'll miss something!"

:D :D

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 04:43 PM
We're all wondering what the cake's for when we witness walter transform into off world uniform while Landry decides his shirt and tie is fine atire. :D:D:D

As teal'c said so many many many times in the 200th episode, indeed.

Easter Lily
August 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Probably a firefly reference?
Oh definitely...
The husband and I just cracked up completely... :D

Yeah!! When I first saw them I thought Caramello Bears :D
My niece walked in as I put it on and she went "Blinky Bill" !!
Trust the kiddies to come up with the goods. ;)

Jace021903
August 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
...I don't know about everyone else, but the puppet scene wasn't too long to me...

Me either. :)

SoylentGreen
August 19th, 2006, 05:01 PM
i really enjoy most of it, i think the puppet thunderbirds thing went a little long but i really really liked it. sg-1 are go!

especially when Teal'c walks to the stargate and laughs!

i liked the monty python reference "scene 24, one of my favorite scenes"

i thought that RDA should've been longer on screen but well, it's alright, the walking into the stargate was cool with Walter, he's been stepped into it right? and i would've liked to see Don S. Davis on screen, but his voice on the puppet hammond was awesome "i'm a general and i want it to make it spin!"

eyecandylovr
August 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM

I think the cake/party was a way of busting down the fourth wall. Again.

Like a lot of you, I loved this ep too! And for the reasons you've mentioned - way too many jokes to recount. The bald puppets (Hammond and Teal'c) made me laugh the whole time 'cause of the one string stuck right in the top of their foreheads. And when the puppet team collapsed on the other side of the gate because their strings got cut. What a riot! :D

macktheknife
August 19th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Recall that Walter said that several SG teams were waiting with the cake, balloons and streamers...that would NOT be for Mitchell. He's just not that important.

Teams 3 through 25 iirc.

Starxgate
August 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Teams 3 through 25 iirc.

I thought it was 3 through 18 & I wonder how the hell did Jack even come up with a word like Orifice for the Stargate. Thats Jack for ya

Armagaiden
August 19th, 2006, 05:40 PM
In the live discussion thread, I got the impression that nobody felt this was a "legit" episode. In other words, next week, nothing we saw in 200 will be counted as having happened.

It was just a little lark, not to be taken as part of the real storyline.

How do the rest of you feel?

Did the events shown in 200 (the "Wormhole X-treme" movie, Mitchell's 200th gate trip, etc) actually happen in the STARGATE universe, or was everyone just taking a week off and having a little fun?

It would seem based on what they said during Sci-fi Inside: SG1 200th episode, that this was a standalone episode independent of the main story arc. But that could just mean that it was literally seperate from any kind of main story arc (in the sense that we're not fighting the ori) and not necessarily independent of the sg1 "reality".

So I'd like to think that Walter really DID get to go through the gate.

Armagaiden
August 19th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Also, umm, what's the whole joke about jumping over the shark or whatever? I didn't get it during the Sci-Fi Inside and I didn't get it during the 200th episode :/ ....

PG15
August 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Score: 10/10

What, you expected me to say something? ;) Ok then.

This episode is, without-a-doubt, the most fun I've had watching any television program EVER. If you're a fan of Stargate, and you hated this episode (and I mean hate hate, if you disliked it then that's a different story), then you obviously missed the point. Obviously.

Obviously.

So, the points:

The 1st second - awesome, very nice "Previously on..." by Judge.
The 2nd second - Judge is still awesome.
The 3rd second - I loved Wormhole Xtreme!

Like I said, it was the most fun I've ever had. :D

PG15
August 19th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Ah, you're just new - us oldies know what we're talking about. Right Guys?

........Guys?

Well, keeping with the episode...

F*** YEAH!!

:D:D:D

full.infinity
August 19th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Also, umm, what's the whole joke about jumping over the shark or whatever? I didn't get it during the Sci-Fi Inside and I didn't get it during the 200th episode :/ ....
A long time ago before I was even born, some TV show had a character jump over a shark, and most people think that's when that show became ridiculous.

evangeline
August 19th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I thought the whole episode was funny. I taped the behind the scenes and the episode and watched it on Saturday morning. I spent the whole day laughing at all the lines. I especially like the "mission" where Jack became invisible. I'm glad we finally met the Furlings. They're so cute and fuzzy. The send offs on the shows they had were great. I thought the engineer in the ST episode was absolutely brilliant!!!! Great homage to James Doohan. Who'd a thought that Peter DeLuise was so hot looking? It was by far the funniest episode in a long time. I'm going to watch it again. Wow!!!:daniel: :cameron: :vala: :sam: :jack:

DEM
August 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM
The only part that I didn't love was inviso-Jack lurking in the showers. I know a lot of folks found it funny, but I found it creepy. :S There I go again, being all serious.No need to apologise. I decided to ignore that kind of stuff from O'Neill after Window of Opportunity.

Some kinds of comedy work for some people, other kinds for other people. Personally, I have a hard time with comedy that would only make sense in a Fantasy universe (e.g., slapstick in which people are never seriously injured), and when that sort is brought into an otherwise normal universe, I tend not to like it at all. Stargate has a history of mixing 'cerebral' and 'fantasy' comedy willy-nilly, which is why I'm always somewhat disappointed by their pure comedy eps. Ah well.

LORD MONK
August 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Martin Lloyd (Willie Garson) returns to the S.G.C. looking for assistance from SG-1 with his feature film script. The team is reluctant, especially Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder), who is excited about his next off-world mission which marks the 200th trip through the event horizon. However, when technical glitches prevent the team from gating off-world, they are stuck in the boardroom under the orders of General Landry (Beau Bridges), because the Pentagon believes a successful science fiction film about intergalatic wormhole travel will serve as a good cover story to keep the Stargate Program a secret.

200th trip through the event horizon...that is BS! Is that for SG-1, or for the SGC? If it is for the SGC, then that's 20 trips a year. And if it is SG-1, that doesn't work either. They go though more then 20 times a year.
O' my god. You can't be serious. It explained it so clearly that it couldn't be explained any clearer. It was Mitch's 200th. trip and yes he as been counting and that isn't the 200th. mission but 200th. trip through the gate gto and from going anywhere. He only said it extremely clear.

evangeline
August 19th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah! I especially like the part about Cam thinking that Jack's his real father. He was born after their mission to the year 1969. And fyi: on the show Happy Days, Fonzie jumps over a shark. Can't remember the episode but I remember the scene.

DEM
August 19th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Also, umm, what's the whole joke about jumping over the shark or whatever? I didn't get it during the Sci-Fi Inside and I didn't get it during the 200th episode :/ ....Wikipedia is our friend! :)

Jumping the shark is a metaphor that has been used by US TV critics and fans to denote the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed to have passed its peak. Once a show has "jumped the shark," fans sense a noticeable decline in quality or feel the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm.

The phrase specifically arises from a scene in the hit TV comedy series Happy Days in which one of the central characters, Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli, on water skis, literally jumps over a shark. The scene was written into the show at a point when the viewing ratings were beginning to drop, and it is generally regarded as the creative low-point at which the show finally lost all credibility. A show may continue well after the point when fans feel it has "jumped the shark" but will likely decline in popularity.

HOLY MOLY! This is already in the Wikipedia entry!

In the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1, Marty, trying to make a Stargate-based movie, rejects the idea of an all puppet cast with "Oh, right, maybe we could have a puppet O'Neil jump over a puppet shark on a 1/3 scale motorcycle." Vala says that she doesn't get it.

SySTeMLoRDLoL
August 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I absolutely loved this episode. It was fun to watch and I was in stitches the entire time. I wish they would have brought Hammond back for this episode but oh well. It was hilarious to see all of the "in jokes" both about the show and about other shows and stories.

LORD MONK
August 19th, 2006, 05:58 PM
It would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the biggest let down in TV history. How do you get on a forum and tell every one we are going to met the Furling and they pull taht crap on us taht they did. My lttle niece could come up with a better story then the obvious. Thanks TPTB. You owe us all one. Now you have to show us the Furling. That was just plain ol mean. Now I know what Intimate Torture feels like. And it hurts.

LORD MONK
August 19th, 2006, 06:01 PM
On to a new rant.

Other then taht I loved the show. Went in knowing that the ep. was from the writers and had nothing to do with the actual SG plot. Just TPTB having fun and fun they had. I liked the '69 joke and the hole Mitch not knowing every ep. and one is classified. Tha's great how they mess with them.

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM
That was sarcasm right ?

If not, these are the furlings from the wormwhole Xtreme movie script.

LORD MONK
August 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I thought the whole episode was funny. I taped the behind the scenes and the episode and watched it on Saturday morning. I spent the whole day laughing at all the lines. I especially like the "mission" where Jack became invisible. I'm glad we finally met the Furlings. They're so cute and fuzzy. The send offs on the shows they had were great. I thought the engineer in the ST episode was absolutely brilliant!!!! Great homage to James Doohan. Who'd a thought that Peter DeLuise was so hot looking? It was by far the funniest episode in a long time. I'm going to watch it again. Wow!!!:daniel: :cameron: :vala: :sam: :jack:
Those weren't the Furling. Those were the Furlings as much as Teal'c is Worf

Elles
August 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Hm... Me liked 200. The Team America puppets were funny. :D
Even if I hadn't liked it, I think it's only fair that TPTB get to have all the fun they want every 100 episodes. After all they work their a$$es off to entertain us.
Yup.
1,000th post! VV00t!

jeb
August 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_%28Stargate_SG-1%29

Apophis87
August 19th, 2006, 07:06 PM
*mod snip*

Now, getting back to the episode, I think it was one of the best I've ever seen. It and Window of Opportunity are the 2 funniest episodes I've ever seen. I'm actually not sure which is funnier, which is really saying something. I loved all the jokes.

Favorite parts:

"This is a movie, not a clip show!" Lol!

"Come on, nobody does long opening sequences any more! You just throw up the title for a couple seconds, and that's it!" (Short s9 title comes up) I loved that! I hated the short thing from last season, so it was great that they made fun of it.

"I believe this is intended to be a television movie." Hmm, possible joke about SciFi original movies?

Star Trek scene was great, Farscape scene was great (Although I never watched the show, I knew Ben Browder and Claudia Black were from it)

The Team America scene was amazing! Puppet Daniel trying to write, puppet Jack looking exactly like he did in Children of the Gods, the team going through the gate and getting their strings cut (LOL!!!) and Teal'c on the other side laughing, all of it was hilarious. The only thing missing was puppet Apophis! Actually, they could have had Skaraa, and made some joke about him being the only actor who was in the movie and the show.

Puppet Daniel: "This proves all my theories about the pyramids being landing pads for alien ships!"
Puppet Hammond: "We found it in the sand." Lol!

Puppet Hammond: "Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning."
Puppet Walter: "Chevron 1, lit up." ... "Chevron 7, also lit up."

Landry as Oz, and Daniel as the lion drinking coffee with an annoyed look on his face were priceless.

Invisible Jack was awesome! Carter thinking she was talking to Jack, Daniel asking someone to poke around to wake Jack up, the joke about hand signals, all were hilarious, especially the shower scene!
Sam: "Uh, sir? Are you in here?"
Jack:"...nope"

Teal'c PI was great.

Gilligan's Island would have been hilarious.

(Jack appears)
Vala: "Well nobody would expect that."
Daniel (I think): "there will probably be spoilers."
Sam: "Are you kidding? It will be in the commercial." LOL!

Jack as Mitchell's dad was funny.

Siler being told to go shut down the gate manually (as always), and getting shocked, (as always), and saying, "Why does this always happen to me?" was hilarious, especially since he's the stunt guy, which I didn't know until I saw the show about the 200th episode.

Jack suggesting they end with everyone fishing, and then after Cam and Vala put themselves in it, saying "You weren't there!"

The Sam/Jack wedding, with Daniel being worried about people thinking he and Jack were gay, Thor (I think) as the priest, Sam calling Jack sir. And I liked their reactions after the scene, before Martin says it would torture the fans. (How can anyone think they don't love each other???)

I liked the references to Daniel leaving, and the fans wanting to bring him back, Mitchell replacing Jack, and Sam having a baby.

I also liked everyone going through the gate at the end, and enjoyed the jokes about how quickly they change into their gear.

And I loved the Issac Asimove quote at the end. Perfect way to end the episode.

Things I didn't understand:

Jumping the shark (Untill now, that is) (Thanks evangeline and DEM!)
Mitchel's zombie idea (I missed part of that scene, so I didn't get the joke. What was it about?)
Jack calling the Stargate the orifice. (Is that some kind of inside joke only the actors would get? Did he or someone else actually call it the orifice once?)

Anyway, GREAT episode, and I look forward to another one when they get to 300, or the series finale, whichever comes first.

nunuu
August 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, the ending seemed kind of weird in that they're asking for unarmed and not-exactly-equippped-properly SGC personnel (well, okei, Walter seemed to have gotten into gear) to accompany SG-1 on the recon mission. All right, so it's not entirely unusual but still!

My mind has it that the celebration stuff mentioned (the balloons and the cake) were both related to real life and Mitchell's 200th trip through the gate. A part of me thinks that they're not even going on a recon mission but to the alpha site or something. :P (But then, someone would have noticed the chevrons looking sort of ... familiar. :P)

The ending (er, behind-the-scenes stuff) wasn't as funny as the Wormhole X-treme one, IMO.

But overall, 'twas a most splendid episode. The beginning had me in absolute tears and I really adored the invisible O'Neill bit. A lot of the dialogue was great too especially when they get to scene 24. XD XD Er, I believe it was 24 (it was the Star Trek bit).

I think I'm getting the season 10 DVD set the moment it comes out JUST FOR THIS EPISODE ALONE.

Also, why are we insulting one another's tastes, BTW? Isn't that sort of against board regulations?

JLB
August 19th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Mitchel's zombie idea (I missed part of that scene, so I didn't get the joke. What was it about?)

Jack calling the Stargate the orifice. (Is that some kind of inside joke only the actors would get? Did he or someone else actually call it the orifice once?)

Anyway, GREAT episode, and I look forward to another one when they get to 300, or the series finale, whichever comes first.

I think the joke of the zombie idea was just Mitchell making himself the hero and not even thinking of the others.

As I suggested in a post I thought the orifice thing and Jack's ackwardness was just their way of making us wonder if he was really there or if it was similar to the scene where the base exploded.

Holly_Berry
August 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Silly, unapologetic, fun! Every once in awhile it's okay to cut loose without any agenda but having a good time. I thought previous episodes of the season have been uninspired, but last night's show reminded me this gang is damned creative and funny! (Who decided the Furlings should look like pandas-gone-bad?) Pretty flimsy premise holding the storyline together, but boy, did I laugh! Too many inside jokes to count (and of course, the jokes among the cast and crew we viewers will never know about)! So glad Gary finally got to go through the gate (after complaining at the Vancouver Creation Con that he's never been able to join a Stargate team on an offworld mission). The scene between Teal'c and invisible O'Neill carrying his coffee cup made me laugh so hard I almost fell off my chair. I was hysterical at the "younger, hipper SG-1 team" gag and didn't hear anything past, "Yo! Dawg!" Thanks to the producers (way to go Brad, nice job on the Scotty impression) for the kind words about fans--"sensitive, intelligent people"--doesn't that about cover it? My BS detector was set low at that point, after having laughed so hard, but it was a nice sentiment, nonetheless.

I enjoyed the "Behind the 200th Episode" (or whatever it was called), too. It's as much fun to see the actors as themselves as it is to watch the episodes. (It helps if you have a group as intelligent and articulate as those who portray the SG-1 team. It's a bonus that the producers, writers, and directors are interesting and entertaining, too.) IMHO "McUseless" has to be one of the funniest clips I've ever seen, even years after watching it the first time.

BTW, Bumble & Bumble "Tonic" and Bumble & Bumble "Styling Creme" along with some Sebastian's "Moulding Mud" work great on short hairstyles like Amanda's. Start saving those pennies, though; beauty ain't cheap!

Holly

majorsal
August 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM
my review of '200'.

i *really* enjoyed it! :D

there were a bunch of things that i was actually fearful of more than optimistic about seeing. i was afraid the wizard of oz and farscape scenarios wouldn't come off good (for certain characters and such), but was pleasantly surprised that they worked.

the invisible jack thing was a hoot! and him spying on sam in the shower was shippy and fun! :D

the puppets cracked me up. the daniel puppet trying to write was so funny. i especially loved sam's long time on the computer, while also technobabbling and spouting her 'sex organs on the inside' stuff. :p

the wedding scene was the one i was the most afraid of and most anticipating. but, again, i was pleasantly surprised at how well it came off. as a shipper, i wanted some real ship between the 'real' sam and jack, but that wedding was a sweet nod to the shippers and i accept it with a thank you to the ptb. ;)

just a few thoughts --

i *loved* how mitchell and vala were handled in this ep!

it was wonderful to see jack/rda again. :samanime51:

amanda played that blue/white girl from farscape great!

the jack-daniel slash scene was *thankfully* not overdone. jack being confused by what daniel was saying made it work (for me).

i wasn't that crazy about the ending stuff, with the wormhole expreme ppl. that's where the poking at the actors came in i guess. my fave part about that ending stuff, though, was the teal'c-like character being very serious and saying some nice stuff about scifi writing in our society. that was a very beautiful way to end this enjoyable ep.

oh, and what was the celebration everyone was going to at the end (with our real ppl going through the gate together)? jack's retirement perhaps? :o

so, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best, i give this ep a 9. i haven't given a ep even close to this rating since season 8.

thanks, ptb! ;) :D

sally :D

Gate gal
August 19th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I loved the episode. It was very funny! I just couldn't stop laughing! I especially loved the Farscape spoof, invisible Jack, 1969 Cameron moment (glad they were joking), and the wedding. (I'd love some real ship though!) They managed to poke fun at everyone, and that was pretty cool. Keep up the good work!

Skydiver
August 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM
People, I will say it AGAIN.

Discuss the TOPIC not each other. Do NOT take issue with someone else's opinion. They are just as entitled to thiers as you are to yours.

If you don't agree with someone, get over it. There is no episode that can ever be made that will be universally loved, just as there is no episode that can ever be made that will be universally hated.

If you don't think you can discuss the EPISODE without discussing other posters, then maybe you don't need to be playing in this thread.

majorsal
August 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I don't think anything will ever actually happen on the show for real. And that's ok. Many of us know already that they are really together.:)

it's not okay with me. i want to SEE them together. :D

maybe a movie will show it?.....

sally :D

KillerMercury
August 19th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Hmm. I didn't get that feeling by the way Sam didn't know what he was talking about when he said it.

Well, Sam's known to be able to cough up a good lie every once and a while. Or maybe it was just the SGC. I said somebody probably said it. Doesn't mean it really happened.

Tracker
August 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Loved the ep...brilliant job to all who had a hand in it.

BTW...Walter finally got to go through the gate! Way to go Jonesy!!:D

Mitchell82
August 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Loved the ep...brilliant job to all who had a hand in it.

BTW...Walter finally got to go through the gate! Way to go Jonesy!!:D

I loved that part! It was an excellent episode congrats TPTB to 200 great episodes!

DEM
August 19th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Watching Cabin Fever on SciFi right now reminds me of another favourite exchange (paraphrased):

MARTY: That's not sci-fi; that's horror!
MITCHELL: Did I mention the randomtechgizmo? Because that's what turned them into zombies.

Uber
August 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Watching Cabin Fever on SciFi right now reminds me of another favourite exchange (paraphrased):

MITCHELL: Did I mention the randomtechthing? Because that's what turned them into zombies.That's the Telchak device isn't it? From Evolution? "What's with the guy from evil dead?"

FoolishPleasure
August 19th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Things I didn't understand[/U]:

Mitchel's zombie idea (I missed part of that scene, so I didn't get the joke. What was it about?
When Mitchell first came onboard in season 9, some fans had complaints about him running off by himself, playing gung-ho supersoldier. That's why he was asked the question, "So, in the zombie scene, where were the rest of us?" (or something like that.)

It was just another one of the zillion jokes, and shows just how observant TPTB are to fan comments. ;)

NightGloom
August 19th, 2006, 09:57 PM
When Mitchell first came onboard in season 9, some fans had complaints about him running off by himself, playing gung-ho supersoldier. That's why he was asked the question, "So, in the zombie scene, where were the rest of us?" (or something like that.)

It was just another one of the zillion jokes, and shows just how observant TPTB are to fan comments. ;)

Oh wow, I never even thought of that. I just kinda thought "Hey, zombies... cool!" So that was the scene that Pierre Bernard came back for... amazing.

The ending was a little awkward to me. It worked when they did the Wormhole X-treme ep because the entire episode was really focused around Wormhole X-treme, with the production of the show and such, but this one was just working on the script. It just seemed a little disconnected. However, I did like the "Teal'c" character's line about science fiction. It was really a lovely quote to end the show with.

GoldenSG-1
August 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
aw I would have really liked a 1 min star wars parody :(

*inside the falcon cockpit*

browder as han solo- chewie more power to the hyperdrive!

camera swings over the far left with teal'c dressed as chewbacca

teal'c-roarrrr!!!!!! roar roar!

solo- alright alright!

tapping as leia- you scoundrel! you don't know where your going!

shanks as skywalker in whiney voice- aw but i was gonna go and pick up some power converters!

anyways the farscape with all the curse words and team america parody were great

"drell"
" frell"
"hazmana!!"
"aw son of a hazmot!"
"yotz!"

LOL the hazmana was the best judge pulled that off real well. I like the puppet general with "I'm the general and I want it to spin!" The puppets looked so cool. LOL at daniel drawing and walter typing

Watt
August 19th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Watching it was a waste of my time but I spose you gotta do something special for the 200th ep.
I would have liked to see the furlings subtitled as to what they were saying when they beamed out it left things a bit empty. Woulda liked to have know what they were saying.
Probably something like F$#@$#%# Carter &*%&&&$%&$#@@ beamed out hehehe

JanusAncient
August 19th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Of course it was a waste of time, but the dog in the driver's seat, classic.

Watt
August 19th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah ok I'll reverse myself here a bit a lot of it did make me laff :)

Pitry
August 20th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I have to start by saying.... Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Er, sorry. Yes.
Loved the Furlings "previously" spoof. Loved the Furlings. Loved the beaming out at the last minute and the way they all critisised that (including the "lantern" comment...)
Daniel keeping on complaining about having to do this ("why am I here?!") and Landry telling him Jack ordered him specifically involved. I have to wonder if it has anything to do with MS' being unhappy at not being too much on Wormhole X-Treme?
The shortened credit sequence - is it just me or were they also laughing at last year's credits, not jsut saving time for more gags?
The zombies, or rather "where are the rest of the team?"....
Cheynne exploding! Ha! They shoudl have had the whole galaxy exploding, not just the Furlings' homeworld and Cheynne. ;)
Wizard of oz... loved it - hey, who'd have thought Emerald city is Atlantis! And Landry as the wizard, the faces they all made in their Wizard of Oz costums.... not to mention the cut to the exact same faces (and coffee cup) in the "real world". And the Farscape spoof - extremely short but they did manage to cram in every swear-word that ever existed there! bwahaha.
Mitchell's comments about bringing a new lead and everyone looking at him.
The unknown file and the "Jack's your daddy!" bit... (how much of a geek I am? I was thinking of Mitchell probably not knowing about Foothold...) - also, yet another joke on BB watching the entire show?
Vala's "sexy female alien" comment - so now they're laughing at themsleves laughing at themselves?!
The Thunderbirds sequence... Hammond! A shame we dind't really get to see him but only the puppet. I loved all the parts where they were laughing at the original movie, Daniel's "and then you get a little square" and "I knew it!" Hammond - "It's jsut a ring..." and the bit about it moving... ;) Poking yet again fun at the "just because my reproduction organs" line... bwahaha.
The invisible bit. I loved it. All of it. "We'll just talk about him a lot and have telephone calls"... :D
The Wedding...
Teal'c PI! "Indeed!"
The bit I found least funny was the OC spoof, tho... it was entertainig... and yet.
Everyone going through the gate at the end was also great! Walter with SG1 uniform!
Star Trek.... that one was entertaining... also Carter's technobabble and Martin mixing it all up. ;) "Say it again!" Carter: "No!"
the end with the Wormhole X-Treme caast just killed me. Literally. The phoning it comment by PDL - and the obssessiveness catch-phrase thingies, Christian Bocher and the "save Doctor Lanat" webiste - hell, all of his bit. Jill Teed's Amanda Tapping saying they don't know what to do with her character and she should have taken up golf! Ha! Willie Garson looking like Robert C Cooper was just more entertaining when he started repeating what RCC says in interviews... And the Grell speech at the end....
God, that was hilarious.
"What do you mean, 'that kind of a show?!' "

Sadly, no Janet. I really hoped she'd be there. At least as a puppet, like Hammond!
I think there should have been some sort of a mention of Corin Nemec/ Jonas Quinn. Ah, well, maybe in episode 300 they'll be able to poke fun at that.

scjon
August 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I thought some parts of the 200 were funny. But it would have been nice if they did this another time and not for the 200th episode. It would have been nice to use this as a very serious or epiphany episode. Like Smallville did with Reckoning.
But didn't Stargate do a very serious episode for its 150th - Heroes (pt 2)?

movielad
August 20th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Loved the show. The Farscape reference in particular. I'm assuming the Chiodo Bros. did the puppet sequence (couldn't find any reference to them doing it, however, the credits were squished by the Sci-Fi channel (which makes me think why bother doing them in the first place other than DVD runs or channels that don't bugbear about them - which is rare these days) because for a small segment in a parody show, WHOEVER did build them, did a fantastic job of the likeness of the actors.

I'm dreading to see what they do when they come up with a special episode for Atlantis. If the writers were mad enough on '200', the consequences of an Atlantis parody episode is truly mind boggling. ;)

M.

Albion
August 20th, 2006, 05:26 AM
The convenient "beaming out", the "easy escapes not being shown", "why does everything have to explode in this script?", "why can't they just mention the character who's gone a lot"?, etc., etc. Lots of nods to fandom and the writers poking a bit of fun at themselves as well. These writers spend *way* too much time reading these boards. LOL.

I'm just picking this comment because it's an example of several posted on the same theme - not to single anyone out. <g>

But why assume that they picked up on all of these points here on GW? Don't you think they must get a TON of mail on these subjects from thousands of fans who aren't on the net? The fans here on GW might be vocal, but they make up a tiny percentage of the overall fandom. And we're not the only ones who can think of these issues. I know that some of them do read posts here and there, now and then, and have visited GW in the past, but I'm also pretty dang sure that TPTB don't have to log on to GW (or even to the net in general) to discover that some fans have problems with the new show.

Albion :)

MB.Eddie
August 20th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I was pumped up, and looking forward to this ep all week. Watched it tonight, and i have to say i am so disapointed. I thought they'd do a great ep with RDA involved, finally finding out about the Furlings, etc. Instead they pretended to do a show/movie with Martin. How lame. Pegasus Project should have been the 200th ep, or any of the other 199. There was no point to this ep.

What a joke. I am so disapointed. Worse ep ever imo :(

andi_b
August 20th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Let me just express my completely differing opinion :)

CONGRATULATIONS, SG-1!!!
The makers of this show know about the TV industry and then some. There was so much humour and irony in this episode it was almost too much, and that's about the only problem I have with this one.

So many years of great television coming down to this point. It felt like a big shout-out to all that have been watching. I adored that they made fun of themselves - and us - so mercilessly! :D Well done!! :lol:

And Jack being back... Sigh... Miss him so much. I enjoyed the Farscape bit too :D

:replicatoranime01: :thoranime07: :love: :hammondanime01: :valaanime04: :valaanime06: :cameronanime12: :cameron21: :tealcanime22: :samanime51: :jack_new_anime04:

:::is very happy:::

I was pumped up, and looking forward to this ep all week. Watched it tonight, and i have to say i am so disapointed. I thought they'd do a great ep with RDA involved, finally finding out about the Furlings, etc. Instead they pretended to do a show/movie with Martin. How lame. Pegasus Project should have been the 200th ep, or any of the other 199. There was no point to this ep.

What a joke. I am so disapointed. Worse ep ever imo :(

BJX
August 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM
I thought this episode was absolute phenomenal. I never thought an episode would come along that would be funnier then "Window Of Opportunity" but this did it. From start to finish it was an absolute riot. The furlings at the beginning, Teal'c PI, the big headed General Landry in the Wizard Of Oz, O'Neill getting everybody to come through the gate and the absolute best bit was the Team America omage. I've never laughed that hard, it was histerical.

I can't begin to say enough about the episode, the only bit that went over my head was the Farscape thing but a 5/5 episode if ever there were one. And Brad Wright acting in the episode too!

keshou
August 20th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm just picking this comment because it's an example of several posted on the same theme - not to single anyone out. <g>

But why assume that they picked up on all of these points here on GW? Don't you think they must get a TON of mail on these subjects from thousands of fans who aren't on the net? The fans here on GW might be vocal, but they make up a tiny percentage of the overall fandom. And we're not the only ones who can think of these issues. I know that some of them do read posts here and there, now and then, and have visited GW in the past, but I'm also pretty dang sure that TPTB don't have to log on to GW (or even to the net in general) to discover that some fans have problems with the new show.
Since I think it's my quote I'll answer this. *g*

Hey I was just trying to point out that these guys need to get a life as much as the fans do......since they obviously spend a lot of time reading what the fans write. ;)

I can't speak for anyone else but when i wrote...."These writers spend *way* too much time reading these boards. " I was really referring to ALL the boards....GW, Scifi, Sony, Sg1Archive, OS, TWOP, etc., etc. (I think those are most of the "big" ones).

BUT I could have just as well said "GW" because I think GW leads the pack as far as attention from TPTB. I believe it's the only forum they've mentioned on (multiple) DVD commentaries. Heck, Joe even mentioned its "20000 members" at the recent ComicCon. All the big TPTB have done mutliple interviews with GW.net.

Brad Wright quote from recent interview with Darren...
"I got a little disheartened last year as I read fan things on your forum , or about Season Nine. All the changes. Some fans just didn't buy it. And I get mail, and occasionally I'll open one or two, looking for some smart criticism. It's frustrating when people assume we're being lazy, or, "Why would you do this story when you could do this story?" Or "Why did you get rid of O'Neill?"

So I don't know.....sounds like he reads more fan comments than he does letters. ;) :)

The internet is easy to get quick feedback on an episode. Letters take time to come in. I'd be surprised if they don't hit GW (and other forums) right after episodes air to read the episode review threads. And that's where I've seen most of the points they riffed on in "200". The episode threads. Maybe it's in all the letters as well....I don't know as I never see any of them.

Does it really matter where they're picking out these points from?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pharaoh Atem
August 20th, 2006, 07:41 AM
screencaps :D Jack and Daniel Sams wedding

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/pj111984/GW%20thread%20pics/e180a250.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/pj111984/GW%20thread%20pics/a4535d58.jpg

StarGi
August 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Very funny episode, indeed. Don't know why are people complaining about it. You just have to take it easy. It's not exactly Heroes II type episode. Just wait for the Counterstrike episode, that one shuld pay back, cant wait!!

Anyways, I loved it! All the spoofs were in there. One of favorites was when O'Neill says that anything after fishing, you know, after the Threads episode is pointless. Totally agree! SG1 should end then.
And beaming out at the last second, also true.
They also thing about Sam&Jack shippers, great stuff.
But the teenage cast takes the cake!! Soo hilarious, young teal'c making out with goa'uld chick, and, I guess, Mitchell blows her off and gets a french from Carter!

Oka
August 20th, 2006, 09:01 AM
What can I say; I laughed my ass off. Thank you SG-1 and Sci-Fi for providing quality entertainment for 10 years (and counting..)

nccjones
August 20th, 2006, 09:24 AM

You know, for the jumping of the shark scene, they should have had Marty pitch "Someone has a baby and by the next episode it's all grown up"....I think that would have been hilarious watching the teams reaction...lol

nccjones
August 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Just watched it again and couldn't stop laughing. I did catch a nod to a scifi show that hasn't been mentioned yet (that I read...it may have) but Back to the Future. When Marty asks Sam to repeat herself and she says "no" he tried to remember what she says and instead of saying capacitor (sp?) he says "flux" capacitor which is what the Doc used in the DeLorean.

BZ to TPTB, you guys did outstanding and thanks for reading the boards to see what the fans are saying. :)

Dani347
August 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I wonder just how long Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c worked on that Jack is Mitchell's daddy routine. I can picture one of them deciding that they needed something for the next time he mentioned he read all the files.

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM
After watching 200, I really want them to do Mitchell's Zombie ep. That'd be so cool, and it shouldn't be serious - they've never had zombies in Stargate before have they? Apart from the Limbris, but weren't they ghosts? And weren't they imaginary?
And YES, I know about the wholen un-original thing that some of you people are going to yell; 'Nah - then they'd be copying 200 with the zombies!'

But what about if they went to an abandoned ghost village like the one in Morpheus, and wallah - Zombies:) !
And then when they come back through the gate people start turning into zombies and get locked uplike in 'The Broca Divide' the only difference is that they're eating people.

Poseidon
August 20th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I really love the idea!! especially in a Morpheus setting!!

- didn't Daniel fight zombie people when they found that ancient cube?? I wonder why they didn't do anymore with it - it was the one with O'neils disgraced friend, and Guerillas.

Elles
August 20th, 2006, 10:26 AM
And their brains... :D

I remember the Star Trek: Enterprise Dawn of the Dead-ish episode... and I didn't like it very much... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one who found that plot line cheesy-ish... But I suppose if it was done right it might be ok...

The Prophet
August 20th, 2006, 10:26 AM
They had a Zombie in Evolution P2, Season 7. The Ancient Pre-Sarcophagus brought Chalo (one of the guerillas) back as a Zombie-esk thing...

Pharaoh Atem
August 20th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder just how long Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c worked on that Jack is Mitchell's daddy routine. I can picture one of them deciding that they needed something for the next time he mentioned he read all the files.
lol good point he might not mention it any more now

stewsith
August 20th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah zombies would be really cool. I was laughing when walter got eaten by them, one of them even whent for his head which is what the cast and crew always seem to do behind the scenes kissing his bald head.

keshou
August 20th, 2006, 10:40 AM
You know, for the jumping of the shark scene, they should have had Marty pitch "Someone has a baby and by the next episode it's all grown up"....I think that would have been hilarious watching the teams reaction...lol
:indeed:

LOL. Good one - that would have been very amusing.

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 20th, 2006, 11:18 AM
The team are quickly surrounded and begin pointing their weapons

:sam: What are they?!
:cameron: They're Zombies, Sam! Big Flesh-Eatin Zombies!
:tealc: I do not understand your meaning, Colonel Mitchell.
:cameron: Zombies! They're dead people who eat living people!
:tealc: Indeed.
:daniel: Err, Guys?!

The Zombies begin to close in, moaning loudly and wildly

:cameron: Ready boots? Start SHOOTING!

Cam begins to shoot the surrounding hoard and the rest of the team follows suite

Screen fades out lol - yayy, I should be a writer. :)

DEM
August 20th, 2006, 11:34 AM

MITCHELL: Did I mention the randomtechgizmo? Because that's what turned them into zombies.That's the Telchak device isn't it? From Evolution? Yes. My point being Cabin Fever is about as much sci-fi as....

In other news, the more I think about the party, the more I'm convinced it was just a nonsensical gag. It's one of those Fantasy-Comedy gags that could only take place in a standalone ep where the fundamental rules of the story universe are completely suspended. There are Ori and Just-Breached-Our-Security-But-Good Ba'als running about. It costs a bazillion dollars to establish a wormhole. So Landry sends, what, 15 teams through the gate to celebrate Mitchell's 200th trip through an event horizon -- ANY event horizon? Uh huh. Therefore, I conclude that it was just pure goofiness. Yeah, the majority of the SGC held an impromptu party for an oddball rite of passage, and Mitchell didn't blink an eye at Landry going on recon in his shirtsleeves or Walter changing his uniform while walking down a short flight of stairs. :rolleyes: Only in such an episode as this would that happen.

The Signal
August 20th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Thts three duff episodes in a rown, while not as bad as the 100th, this was still pretty damn bad, too much Cam and Vala focus, the spoofs felt more like piss-takes than nods to other shows, the Farscape one in particular. Poor episode with poor writing, and so cliched its not even funyn (and yes, I know that was the aim, but they went too far IMO)The whole thing was only redeemed by the last minute or so on the set of Wormhole X-treme, which, like the 100th episode, was the only part I could really enjoy.

4/10

Poseidon
August 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
love it - you should be a writer!! Not sure i can take indeed again though!! Not after T'ealc PI!! I honestly won't be able to stop laughing when he says that again!

the fifth man
August 20th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'd be fine with a serious zombie episode. If done right, it could be really cool.

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one who found that plot line cheesy-ish
Get in line for Chuck-E-Cheese boys! SG-1 and Zombies, yep, you heard it right here - get your mozzarrella, your cheddar, your monterry jack, your limburger, your blue, get your gouda, your swiss and your American cheese right here! Step right up, no waiting...

the fifth man
August 20th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I watched "200" again the other night, and laughed even more.:) I've said it before, but I'll say it again, this episode was a great way for TPTB to celebrate 200 episodes IMO. So many priceless moments in it.

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I enjoyed the episode overall - lots of fun - but an entire episode based on the zombie skit? Puleeze!

the fifth man
August 20th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed the episode overall - lots of fun - but an entire episode based on the zombie skit? Puleeze!

I wouldn't mind it. I'm not pushing for it, but it could be ok.

Orici icirO
August 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable episode of SG1.

I thought this was fun all the way.

I think the party reference was a reference to the after filming party they where actually going to have. Congrats on the writers for keeping me laughing all the way.

Punk'd rocked :D

DEM
August 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I think the party reference was a reference to the after filming party they where actually going to have.Surely. But it was, nevertheless, nonsensical within the SG universe. :)

killerz298
August 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Hey guys.... so I made some video clips of what I feel were the best parts of the episode. You can dl them all from this link (http://doiop.com/Stargate200).

Sorry for the low audio, Scifi in my area broadcasts so damn low and then the commercials are blasting!

If I left one out that you would like, let me know and I will throw it up there for you.

Dream-a-Little
August 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I thought 200 was a lot of fun and very clever, although it does confirm that TPTB spend waaaaay to much time on these boards. Most of the time, unfortunately, I think that’s a bad thing and hurts the show, but in 200 it actually worked in their favor. They turned the internet carping into some very wicked fun. :cool:

LoL, I think you're probably right. It was far to coordinated an attack to not have been planned out ahead of time. ;)

JLB
August 20th, 2006, 01:11 PM

Actually, that's a sci-fi staple, and considering what happened to Vala the only appropriate response would have been a look at a tramatized Vala.

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Well, not even Fluffy could help these guys...
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fluffycanthelp.jpg

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM
But Fluffy had a great time with the Farscape skit!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/FluffyinFarscapeskit.jpg

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, Fluffy didn't know what to make of the puppets!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/FluffywithPuppets.jpg

JLB
August 20th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Yes. My point being Cabin Fever is about as much sci-fi as....

In other news, the more I think about the party, the more I'm convinced it was just a nonsensical gag. It's one of those Fantasy-Comedy gags that could only take place in a standalone ep where the fundamental rules of the story universe are completely suspended. There are Ori and Just-Breached-Our-Security-But-Good Ba'als running about. It costs a bazillion dollars to establish a wormhole. So Landry sends, what, 15 teams through the gate to celebrate Mitchell's 200th trip through an event horizon -- ANY event horizon? Uh huh. Therefore, I conclude that it was just pure goofiness. Yeah, the majority of the SGC held an impromptu party for an oddball rite of passage, and Mitchell didn't blink an eye at Landry going on recon in his shirtsleeves or Walter changing his uniform while walking down a short flight of stairs. :rolleyes: Only in such an episode as this would that happen.

Can someone youtube this? Becuase the party I remember seeing was for the Wormhole-X-treme cast and I want to know how I missed it.

Zoser
August 20th, 2006, 01:28 PM
If this is true James Spader better go on a diet. Abydos doesn't look like a place you could retain an extra ounce.

killerz298
August 20th, 2006, 01:32 PM
But Fluffy had a great time with the Farscape skit!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/FluffyinFarscapeskit.jpg
These are some good quality caps! Do you record in HD? :sam34:

JLB
August 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
After watching 200, I really want them to do Mitchell's Zombie ep. That'd be so cool, and it shouldn't be serious - they've never had zombies in Stargate before have they? Apart from the Limbris, but weren't they ghosts? And weren't they imaginary?
And YES, I know about the wholen un-original thing that some of you people are going to yell; 'Nah - then they'd be copying 200 with the zombies!'

But what about if they went to an abandoned ghost village like the one in Morpheus, and wallah - Zombies:) !
And then when they come back through the gate people start turning into zombies and get locked uplike in 'The Broca Divide' the only difference is that they're eating people.

I think a zombie ep could be good. Either have it because of the Ori, or a massive Tel'chak device is put in orbit. And Mitchell can realize that it isn't so much fun in real life.

I'm Just Sayin'
August 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM
So...about Walter....

Was this supposed to be his first trip offworld? Because he did go offworld in Fallen(S7). I rewatched the ep just to make sure and there he is on an alien planet along with Hammond.

Miyth
August 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Oh my gosh I loved this episode!! It's great to get an episode of the team just having fun (more or less), were there isn't anything galacticly dangerous going on. I thought it was absolutely hilarious!

I want a Walter Puppet!!

JLB
August 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM
A thought for the people who have a problem with a party on the other side. Jack told Hank that he'd be flying in to make sure everything with Martin went alright, so Hank decided to set things so Jack could go off world one last time. The party is for him.

Nolamom
August 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
These are some good quality caps! Do you record in HD? :sam34:
I use caps from http://www.stargatecaps.com/ - much easier

scarimor
August 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I come straight from watching this. I am still chuckling away at some of my favourite moments:

Teal'c's many deadpan or growling deliveries, especially his script references and his "stoicly" remark to an invisible O'Neill.

Carter's many perfect looks, expressions and one-liners, especially her look at Mitchell when he suggested replacing the lead, and her refusal to repeat her technobabble. And her eyeroll in the shower.

Daniel's perpetual weariness and incredulity - and his "they'll think we're..." slashy line to Jack *giggle*

Vala's plagiarisms - and her pigtails have suddenly grown on me since that Oz skit!

The Invisible O'Neill skit

The Trek, Farscape and Teen-america skits

The "secret mission" which walking SG-1-opedia Mitchell hasn't read and the "Jack's your Daddy" tease. I may be mis-remembering, but I'm pretty sure the Mitchell's Daddy thing has come directly from a fan joke on this forum or another one.

The lanterns and explosions stuff.

The only thing which pulled it down a little was the too-long talking-heads section of the "actors/writer" at the end. When I re-watch the episode I will just skip that bit.

killerz298
August 20th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I use caps from http://www.stargatecaps.com/ - much easier
Either way, they are great quality! As I said earlier, when this image came on the screen I was literally crying and couldn't catch my breath!!

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1295/picture2d26gz4.jpg

GatetheWay
August 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Even with all the crazyness in this ep the one thing that bothered me the most was the fact that Martin was using a cell phone inside Cheyenne Mountain. It was established way back in season 7's 'Heros' that you actually can't get reception that far underground.

DEM
August 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
killerz298, you really should not direct link from stargatecaps. Please save it to your photobucket or imageshack account. You're killing their bandwidth! :(

Jonzey
August 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Even with all the crazyness in this ep the one thing that bothered me the most was the fact that Martin was using a cell phone inside Cheyenne Mountain. It was established way back in season 7's 'Heros' that you actually can't get reception that far underground.
Unless they've installed an antenna booster thingy since then. Remember Carter has used her cell phone in the briefing room before (season 8 I think- Threads?)

mckaysgirl
August 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I loved this episode and I'm glad to see people here that took it for what it was meant to be, a fun episode. I haven't made it all the way through the posts but I haven't seen one yet with people calling other an idiot because they liked the episode or vice versa. Over on another board some people were just being plain mean to each other over this one.

Farscape was my favorite bit with the wedding a close second. And the fact that the Furlings looked like Ewoks cracked me up to no end.

bumontheroad
August 20th, 2006, 04:06 PM
i loved seeing o'neill invisible...that cracked me up..........

and the part about o'neill's appearence being a "plot twist", i almost died...

Scoobing
August 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
My fav bit was the beat when they had just talked about a younger version of the cast, and Daniel, Sam and Cam, all go "no!" in sequence, and then Marty just looks at T who has this face I can't describe it. But the comedic timing was spot on and made me laugh out loud. It's around 25 mins in.

Small thing out of the ep I know, but hey, we're all different. :)

killerz298
August 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM
killerz298, you really should not direct link from stargatecaps. Please save it to your photobucket or imageshack account. You're killing their bandwidth! :(
Sry bout that... I had uploaded it to IS but I pasted the wrong link here. It is fixed now! Thanks for the heads up!

kes
August 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Like Martin says not if a character mentions it LOL He says the reception is terrible :D

One question: Arent they making Mitchell just a bit too young?

LMichelle
August 20th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I thought this ep was hilarious. I was pretty much laughing throughout the whole thing. I wish the Farscape bit had been longer. That and the wedding scene at the end were my favorites. :)

Apophis87
August 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I'd have to say the best thing about this episode is that it reminds everyone that this is just a TV show, and it's just a bunch of guys having fun and making a TV show. You really got a glimpse into the world of the actors/writers/producers/etc., and I thought that was great, especially since you learn that everyone involved is just a normal person just having fun at work. They're the kind of people you could (and would love to) be friends with.

After watching that, it's hard to look at bad episodes the same way. Now, instead of thinking "wow, that sucked. I can't believe those idiots are ruining my favorite show like this", I now think "Ok, that episode was terrible. But it's ok. It's just a TV show, made by normal people who were trying their best, and who probably even realize afterwards that it was a bad episode. They aren't trying to ruin a great show, they aren't being lazy, they're just human, and what they thought would be good just didn't turn out the way they wanted."

I think 200 may have saved the series.

Sela
August 20th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I'd have to say the best thing about this episode is that it reminds everyone that this is just a TV show, and it's just a bunch of guys having fun and making a TV show. You really got a glimpse into the world of the actors/writers/producers/etc., and I thought that was great, especially since you learn that everyone involved is just a normal person just having fun at work. They're the kind of people you could (and would love to) be friends with.

After watching that, it's hard to look at bad episodes the same way. Now, instead of thinking "wow, that sucked. I can't believe those idiots are ruining my favorite show like this", I now think "Ok, that episode was terrible. But it's ok. It's just a TV show, made by normal people who were trying their best, and who probably even realize afterwards that it was a bad episode. They aren't trying to ruin a great show, they aren't being lazy, they're just human, and what they thought would be good just didn't turn out the way they wanted."

Well Said. Very well said.

mckaysgirl
August 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Very well put. I would love to be friends with people!

PG15
August 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM

Me too! Instead of with, like, animals or something. :p

(kidding kidding! sorry, it was too easy :D)

mckaysgirl
August 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Me too! Instead of with, like, animals or something. :p

(kidding kidding! sorry, it was too easy :D)

Wow I had a bad typo there didn't I? DOH!

full.infinity
August 20th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I guess that's where we differ. I would love to be friends with Goa'uld and Asgard. :P

PG15
August 20th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I guess that's where we differ. I would love to be friends with Goa'uld and Asgard. :P

Back of the line buddy, I got to it first! :p

kes
August 20th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'd love to work with these ppl LOL

wanderingbynight
August 20th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hee-hee! An season 10 episode I actually saw! I'm so happy! Sure, I watched it in a crapy hotel in the middle of the night with the tv muted with captions on and the lights off so as not to wake my parents up, but darn it I don't care! I saw one!:D

Ahem... sorry. Not having Sci-fi channel can really affect a person :P

Anyway, I thought it was good. Not as good as I hoped, maybe, but way better than I expected. I'm so glad it wasn't another Wormhole Extreme. Invisible Jack cracked me up. Long live Stargate!

nyxlily
August 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Like someone already pointed out before me, I wish that there was more Jack -both for '200' and for SG-1 in general.

I took a chance and watched 'Real World'. I wish, oh so much, they used RDA for another episode of SG-1 instead of wasting his time on Atlantis. I'm sure that there will be disagreements.. but I just love seeing Jack interacting with his team again.

Skydiver
August 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Please folks, no hotlinking without permission

something like photobucket is fine (if it's your account or you have the permission of the person who owns it) but hotlinking to other sites does massacre their bandwidth since, every single time someone views that image, it pulls from the site

Hotlinking is also against the forum rules for just that reason

If you wish to show a link that's on another site, do not put it up with IMG tags, just put the url and let people click on it if they wish

killerz298
August 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM
You're the boss, but the way I see it, if someone wanted to prevent hotlinking, couldn't they very easily put it in the code on their site like I have seen some sites do? (like when you get the wrong referrer message etc...)

In any event, is it ok to hotlink photobucket, imageshack etc or is this against form rules as well?

DEM
August 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Oy, feel bad now. :o killerz298 made an honest mistake but fixed it. Sorry, killerz!

(Yes, hotlinking from an account of your own is okay.)

Apophis87
August 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Well Said. Very well said.

Thank you. (hopes for green) lol ;)

kes
August 20th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Like someone already pointed out before me, I wish that there was more Jack -both for '200' and for SG-1 in general.

I took a chance and watched 'Real World'. I wish, oh so much, they used RDA for another episode of SG-1 instead of wasting his time on Atlantis. I'm sure that there will be disagreements.. but I just love seeing Jack interacting with his team again.
Its really hard to bring O'Neill back story wise. It just doesnt make sense to have him there. I think we've all read stuff that says RDA misses being there and wants to do some eps so obviously they are using him to boost SGA that has more changes of cont then SG1.
I really like RDA but think about it, "because" of him we lost Hammond and 1year later he leaves completly.That always bugged the **** out of me. I know he had his daughter to think about it and I understand to a degree but now that he misses it and is probably bored out of his skull I feel like saying:"Live with it dude!"
*hides under the bed* Dont shoot!

PG15
August 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know what you mean by "because", since Don S. Davis retired due to health problems.

northstar_08030
August 20th, 2006, 08:03 PM
4. I loved invisible Jack. Now, I wish that had actually happened in an episode. It would have been cute.

I also loved that segment as well, the same as I wish that would of been an episode as well. That could of been a down right laugh out loud episode for. No, this episode didn't replace the time loop episode, that one is still my all best.

Not_The_MaMa
August 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM
That would be great if they made this a real episode. Maby they can get him back and do it for a special or somthing.

Apophis87
August 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I think an Invisible Jack episode would be perfect for the season 10 DVD.

kes
August 20th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I don't know what you mean by "because", since Don S. Davis retired due to health problems.
Really?! that's not what I read. And he has keeped working.
What I ment with because is that RDA wanted less time on SG1 so they promoted him and "kicked", so to speak, DSD.
But if he retired ignore my coment.lol

PG15
August 20th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Really?! that's not what I read. And he has keeped working.
What I ment with because is that RDA wanted less time on SG1 so they promoted him and "kicked", so to speak, DSD.
But if he retired ignore my coment.lol

He isn't working as much as before though.

Where did you get your info?

the fifth man
August 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
That would be great if they made this a real episode. Maby they can get him back and do it for a special or somthing.

I wouldn't count on it. But what we got in "200" sure did please me. I absolutely loved the whole shower bit.;)

JLB
August 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Its really hard to bring O'Neill back story wise. It just doesnt make sense to have him there. I think we've all read stuff that says RDA misses being there and wants to do some eps so obviously they are using him to boost SGA that has more changes of cont then SG1.
I really like RDA but think about it, "because" of him we lost Hammond and 1year later he leaves completly.That always bugged the **** out of me. I know he had his daughter to think about it and I understand to a degree but now that he misses it and is probably bored out of his skull I feel like saying:"Live with it dude!"
*hides under the bed* Dont shoot!

They could need someone with an Ancient gene. He could be kidnapped from DC and need a rescue. He could decide he want to take Daedlus for a spin, like Hammond did Prometheus, he could need to meet with someone they don't feel safe taking out of Cheyenne, Maybourne might need to meet with im on his planet. We could run into an AU version or a time traveler.

There's lots of ways to bring him back.

kes
August 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
He isn't working as much as before though.
True. Def not.

Where did you get your info?
Several interviews at the time and such. Cant remeber anything specific :S
Oh well never mind. The fact tha RDA left still stands thou :D LOL

kes
August 20th, 2006, 08:21 PM
They could need someone with an Ancient gene. He could be kidnapped from DC and need a rescue. He could decide he want to take Daedlus for a spin, like Hammond did Prometheus, he could need to meet with someone they don't feel safe taking out of Cheyenne, Maybourne might need to meet with im on his planet. We could run into an AU version or a time traveler.

There's lots of ways to bring him back.
No, there's lost of ways to have meaningless eps with him. Lets not forget season 10 is almost completed. They have a story line to follow.
I like RDA, I like O'Neill and I'd love to see a funny ep with him but just one. Not many or def not back completly.

Dark Falcon
August 20th, 2006, 08:42 PM
This episode was awesome!!

The Farscape reference was the best because it was
funny to see MS play John Criton. Plus, Kvasir had a
moustache. I forget the character name though. :lol:
Landry's role as the Wizard of Oz was hilarious!!

Seeing Cheyenne mountain explode was something that the
fans were probably dying to see.

I loved the zombie scene where Mitchell's character got to
shoot SGC personel. LOL! MS got crushed by the door.

Hey, the Furlings looked like Ewoks! Is that what they
really look like or is that what Martin Loyd THINKS they
look like?

GatetheWay
August 20th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Unless they've installed an antenna booster thingy since then. Remember Carter has used her cell phone in the briefing room before (season 8 I think- Threads?)
No she didn't. An Airman just said the phone was for her and she used a landline.

majorsal
August 20th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I liked the comment daniel gave Jack when it looked like carter wasnt going to show up for the wedding. "you know if she dosent show people are gonna think that we...". And jack just gave him that look. :jack:

what i liked about it was that jack had no idea what daniel was getting at. :p

sally :)

telpethoniel
August 20th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Is there anyone in here who thought that Peter DeLuise looked really buff in 200? Nice goin :p :D

Hallnavy
August 20th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I have a question. I/We were told we would see the furlings do you think they were talking about this or someother time later on in Season 10?

Uber
August 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
No she didn't. An Airman just said the phone was for her and she used a landline.The Airman was Walter btw. But before he came in to tell her about the call on the landline, her cell phone rang and she turned it off.

People here and elsewhere I'm sure commented about how could she get any reception while in the mountain and I think this was a send up to those sentiments.

Dani347
August 20th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Since a lot of their jokes came from things the fans have said, I'm totally taking credit for Vala's confusing the meaning of jam packed. Because one of my complaints has been that Vala doesn't have enough alien-ness about her. Although, I think it was odd that she seemed to get the significance of "It was the 60's" Maybe it just stands to reason that along with old movies and tv, Vala would also be up on any history or culture pertaining to sex?

PG15
August 21st, 2006, 12:08 AM
I have a question. I/We were told we would see the furlings do you think they were talking about this or someother time later on in Season 10?

They were talking about this, and it was a joke.

Sela
August 21st, 2006, 12:29 AM
Is there anyone in here who thought that Peter DeLuise looked really buff in 200? Nice goin :p :D
I did. He was always nice looking but now - very nice. It took me a moment to figure out who he was. I knew he was one of the DeLuise boys, but I wasn't sure which one. :sam:

jeb
August 21st, 2006, 01:31 AM
It was Peter de Luise taking the piss out of Ben Browder. The funniest were his comments about replacing the lead actor in season 7 of wormhole Xtreme, who was played by his brother in episode 100th.

Wraith Warrior
August 21st, 2006, 01:53 AM
The third Stargate spin-off should be Teal'c PI!! :tealc39:
I loved the O'Neill invisible skit, especially the scene where Carter checks to see if he's there while she's in the shower, "Sir, are you there?"
"No."
But who can blame him? Any heterosexual male in the same situation would do exactly the same thing. ;) :D
It was great seeing Jack again!

Teal'c: "O'Neill, I assume I am looking at you stoicly." :jack_new_anime06:

LoveYouBaby
August 21st, 2006, 04:20 AM
He he - a nice little in-the-cheek episode! =D

An 8.9/10

Skydiver
August 21st, 2006, 05:45 AM
You're the boss, but the way I see it, if someone wanted to prevent hotlinking, couldn't they very easily put it in the code on their site like I have seen some sites do? (like when you get the wrong referrer message etc...)

In any event, is it ok to hotlink photobucket, imageshack etc or is this against form rules as well?
i said in my post that photobucket is fine.

what hotlinking really is is stealing someone's bandwidth. the site owner gets the drain but not the visitors. Which is why we prohibit it.

now if we disabled all hotlinking, then no one would be permitted to have those nice pretty graphic sigs they think they need, which is why we haven't disabled the feature. Usually folks understand adn respect the 'no hotlinking' rule so it hasn't been an issue

PegasusPrincess
August 21st, 2006, 06:33 AM
I have to say I absolutely hated this episode (except for a few bits here and there)....then I watched it again & really got into it.
The only thing I'm confused about still; were they taking the piss with the whole Furlings thing? Is that supposed to be them? I still am not sure I 'get' that bit?

Enemyone
August 21st, 2006, 07:29 AM
it wasn't them from what i got we still have no idea who or what the Furlings are.

Livi2Jack
August 21st, 2006, 07:36 AM

More Jack. MORE Jack. More JACK. MORE JACK! Much More JACK!! MUCH More Jack! MUCH MORE Jack !!! MUCH MORE JACK!!!!

Sigh. I think that year off did him some good. That man is like fine wine. He just gets better with age. Drool. Thunk.

Livi2Jack

Ragnarok13
August 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
personally i thought the episode was freaking hilarious. im pretty sure that the furlings arent meant to look like ewoks. that was just the writers messing with us. there was nothing i didnt like about the episode. every flash back and line was funny to me.i dont really understand why people would complain about it being to crazy. yeah sure, it was completely irelavant to the current plot. but its 200! jack was back! howevr brief it was, he was there. the writers actually mentioned furlings. between the puppets, farscape, star trek, and seeing mitchell, daniel, and teal'c dressed as scarecrow, lion, and tinman, this episode couldnt be better.

9.8/10

"Why must everything in this script inevitably explode?"-Teal'c

Albion
August 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Fan Review threads are not for conversation, even if it is discussing a member's review. For that, please use the official GateWorld episode discussion threads in this folder's partner "Episodes" sub-folder.

Okay, I'm commenting. I'd just like to say how disappointed I was to note that Entil2001's supposed review of this episode couldn't stick to doing just that. Instead, he/she had to include some snide comments about anyone who might not agree with their opinion that this episode was great.

When I open up an episode review thread, that's precisely what I expect to see. A review of the episode. Not a purile opportunity to issue facile comments about other fans and their opinions of said episode. I don't believe the inclusion of a reviewer's opinions on fellow fans is appropriate for episode review threads.

I've always enjoyed the episode reviews on GW. Whether I agree with the reviewer's opinion of the episode or not, it's always been interesting reading. But if the new system of letting anyone review an episode is going to be abused by the immature on this forum, and continue to include snide comments on fans, rather than sticking to comments on the episode, I won't be reading them for much longer.

Albion :)

killerz298
August 21st, 2006, 12:33 PM
it wasn't them from what i got we still have no idea who or what the Furlings are.
Indeed we still do not know who (or WHAT) they are (at least no information has ever been provided or alluded to in the show). Check out the end of the Furling clip I posted, Carter says "Well that never happened." :sam:

Mr.Clark
August 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM
I'm probably one of the few who liked the "interviews" at the end--I especially liked the final comment by the "Teal'c-as-Robot" character:

"Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "

It was a nice reminder of why we ll got into Sci/Fi in the first place.

BuckyI also liked "Danning"'s attempted catchphrases...

"It's... what I do.

It's what I do."

It just hit me...

"Sweet ************************* "
And we can get away with that too, because... it's cable.

*Turns towards camera*

"Holy c****************** a ************** and ************!!!! "

That would be like a 19...I was nearly on the floor laughing by this point :D

I loved this episode. 10/10. No doubt. In the top 5 SG eps ever.

Dani347
August 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
I thought the various attitudes of the team towards participating were fun. Mitchell was all gung ho, throwing out ideas, until they got shot down. Vala mentioned it was "fun" until his Zombie idea was rejected. And, right after Martin told him Colonel Danning wasn't him, but Jack, he was pleading with Sam for the gate to be fixed. Daniel just blantantly did not want to be there, and didn't hide it. Trying to get out of it, pointedly looking at his watch about two seconds after Martin appeared, drinking coffee in the most dismissive manner possible, head down on the table. He probably would have been silent the whole time except he couldn't take the stupidity of the script. Sam seemed to be fairly neutral. Objecting to the errors and wondering why they were even trying to make a movie out of the stuff, but eagerly volunteering ideas (other characters referring to the lead, Jack's invisibility, negative side effects) to help make it better. Teal'c seemed willing to participate, and pitched his own idea, which he seemed really pleased with. And, Vala just desperately wanted to be in it. Not even just a character based on her, but she wanted a chance to be the star - "I can sing!"

CatGoddess
August 21st, 2006, 01:27 PM
I loved it!! :D :D A great light-hearted tongue-in-cheek ep.

I just wish the Farscape and Teal'c P.I. clips had been a bit longer.

sonothar
August 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
I soooo loved this episode. it was so much fun watching it. there was not a single moment i didn't enjoy.
the writers made a joke of pretty much everything they did over the last 10 years. it was so good to see that they don't take themselfs too serious. and to all of you who didn't liked the episode: Enjoy the 200th episode for what it is, a celebration of 10 successful years of Stargate and don't take the Stargate universe too serious.
i love watching the show, it has a great story, but it is nice to see that the writers still can laugth about themselfes and what their doing.

That you SG1 for this great Episode and for another 200 SG1 Episodes :indeed:

oh, and i loved the idea that Jack ist Mitchell's father ;)

killerz298
August 21st, 2006, 02:32 PM
I loved it!! :D :D A great light-hearted tongue-in-cheek ep.

I just wish the Farscape and Teal'c P.I. clips had been a bit longer.
While I wish some things were longer but if we couldn't have it both ways, I am glad we got multiple shorter things instead. They had to appeal to a wide audience of fandom.

JLB
August 21st, 2006, 02:33 PM
No, there's lost of ways to have meaningless eps with him. Lets not forget season 10 is almost completed. They have a story line to follow.
I like RDA, I like O'Neill and I'd love to see a funny ep with him but just one. Not many or def not back completly.

I'm talking for a possible 11th season. I know there won't be anymore for him this season. Unless, they you find a way to sneak a cameo in the season finale or something. Dramatic battles are good reasons for important people to be around.

Maj_Cliffhanger
August 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
I'm talking for a possible 11th season. I know there won't be anymore for him this season. Unless, they you find a way to sneak a cameo in the season finale or something. Dramatic battles are good reasons for important people to be around.

Sorry to tell you all this - the news just broke. Therer will be no season 11. Hopefully we will get a movie...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

I loved 200! What a time to break the news... (Discussion should be directed to the appropriate thread!)

RedGuard
August 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM
I thought '200' was funny, and far better than the 100th episode. I noticed in other threads that people didn't like it or they were like 'what the hell?' I just hope everyone understands its nothing more than a joke, the episode that is. In any case, the Furlings, Teal'c PI, Wizard of OZ (Sam as the good witch, lol!), and of course the invisible Jack skit were the highlights of the show. I will get this one off itunes when its posted. I just wish there could of been a 300th episode. Can't wait to watch it again.

kes
August 21st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Even so, they'd have to change things yet again. For RDA to come back and look real, he'd have to be leading SGC. That means no more Beau Bridges (hope I got is name right): This series had to much changing in this last few years. To me that's what killed it.

kes
August 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
This episode was awesome!!

I loved the zombie scene where Mitchell's character got to
shoot SGC personel. LOL! MS got crushed by the door.

That was MS? It looks like Siler to me :S But that scene is a little fuzzy cos of the blue light.

FoolishPleasure
August 21st, 2006, 05:43 PM
Sorry to tell you all this - the news just broke. Therer will be no season 11. Hopefully we will get a movie...
The problem with a movie is that it takes two years to make, and only lasts 2 hours. I hope they can rework the series someone and get it on another channel.