This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Monk" ratings dipped opposite "200"

This article doesn't mention Stargate at all, but it does mention that Monk's ratings dipped last Friday. There might have been a relationship between Monk's ratings and "200":

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...ticle_6824.asp

Monk and Psych are both done this Friday. Stargate will be unopposed for 3 weeks. If ratings go up enough, that will definately help with a possible renewal with a new network.

Comment

sounds very logical that there is a relationship .. one goes up and the goes down ... ty for that info

Comment

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Bonnie Hammer running both SciFi and USA, then putting both channel's top shows against each other.

*Head desk*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Bonnie Hammer running both SciFi and USA, then putting both channel's top shows against each other.

*Head desk*

Thats because Bonnie Hammer shouldn't be running a Q-trip let alone two major networks. She's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
            Thats because Bonnie Hammer shouldn't be running a Q-trip let alone two major networks. She's an idiot.
            She's not an idiot. None of them are. This was a deliberate attempt to kill Stargate SG-1, and look at all of the press - both good and bad - that the network has gotten because of it.

The latest articles have become places where Stern can drop the names "Painkiller Jane" and "The Dresden Files," so people can have an idea of what new shows will be on Sci Fi before the network even has to promote them. They've all been incredibly crafty about the whole thing, and I wouldn't count Wright and Cooper out as potential guilty parties at all.

Comment

Nah, that's all irrelevant. Stargate ratings are not affected by external forces- they were down because of bad writing, and they went up when RDA returned. It's nothing to do with competition.

Or so I'm told, anyway.

Comment

*Head desk*

I don't get that either.

That said the ratings for the show might go up but SG-1 is not going to another network!

Comment

Well that is a theory. Guess it will be put to the test over the next few weeks. No RDA for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Nah, that's all irrelevant. Stargate ratings are not affected by external forces- they were down because of bad writing, and they went up when RDA returned. It's nothing to do with competition.

Or so I'm told, anyway.
                    SG1 was advertised a lot for this ep. Ratings were Up

Previously SG1 rarely was advertised and ratings were down.

See the corrolation?

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii

See the corrolation?
                      CNN and BBC websites' coverage on SG-1 cancellation is also a sort of advertisment (although sad) for the show, it's going to be interesting observing ratings this week and in September.
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

This is pretty awesome, Monk's ratings dropping. I guess all that advertising for "200" in the magazines really payed off.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                          I don't get that either.

That said the ratings for the show might go up but SG-1 is not going to another network!
                          And you're sure of this because? IMO, it could very well happen. I'm not saying it will, but is id definitely possible.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*Head desk*

That one's got me stumped too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii

See the corrolation?
                              That was kinda my point, but sarcasm doesn't always come out well on the internet. My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X