This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United States of Ancients

I was doing some thinking and there are allot of differences between Alterrans (MW Ancients) and Lantians (PG Ancients). We know that the Alterrans and Ori were the same people only spilt philologically which lead to a split culturaly so could there be such a cultural spilt between the Alterrans and Lantians? only in a less previlent way?
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Sooooooo.... would you be comparing the Ori to...the British here? *raises an eyebrow*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Lantians were the Alterrans after their society had several million years to evolve and grow, more akin to the differences between earth societies today and 1000 years ago. think of how different life on this planet will be in about a million years.
      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

The Alterans and the Lantians are the same people, they just moved from the Milky Way to Pegasus. Not because of some ideological split, but because of the whole plague thing.
        Like Kirath says, the only difference is that of a society evolving naturally.
        *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
          Sooooooo.... would you be comparing the Ori to...the British here? *raises an eyebrow*
          Yes. Precisely. Makes total sense.

We saw the warning signs in Star Wars, every bad guy had a British accent. And now it's coming to pass.

Comment

indeed
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

We saw the warning signs in Star Wars, every bad guy had a British accent. And now it's coming to pass.
              Thats not a bad thing!
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yes, but in Doctor Who, the only guy with an American accent was the crazy guy who owned a Dalek. And Captain Jack. I liked Captain Jack, why the hell did they leave him behind?
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

ya'll don't get that the lantians are the surviving mw alterans.
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                    Yes, but in Doctor Who, the only guy with an American accent was the crazy guy who owned a Dalek. And Captain Jack. I liked Captain Jack, why the hell did they leave him behind?
                    I can live with that. After all, it is a British show.

i think there was a split. The ones that were not effected had to go while the ones that were had to stay and live out there dying life. So it could have been a split in that sense. Not a split as in good and evil.

America was colonized by the Brits and eventually we became Americans. Same for the Ancients except without a war. After so many generation they became Lantians

When My Great Granpa came to the USA that part of y family was Danish. Now after a couple of generation we consider ourselves Americans. Same with my Irish side.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

lantians werent lantians until they came to pegasus... Alterrans werent around then.... They were called ancients before they created atlantis.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

no we called them ancients. they're chosen name was alteran then lantian.
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

*snarls*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                            no we called them ancients. they're chosen name was alteran then lantian.
                            WE didn't call them ancients, the Asgard called them ancients in "the fifth race". So obviously they called themselves the ancients way back in the day with the great alliance...or at least everyone else called them that and they didn't correct them. But it wasn't US that named them ancients, otherwise that asgard in fifth race would've said alterran or lantian when he went listing races.

Comment

Working...
                            X